Reviews of The Bluebell

Marlow Road, High Wycombe, HP14 3PF, United Kingdom

#7 of 7 hotels in High Wycombe

5.7

see above

Arrived at 6pm room not ready waited 15 mins in bar.Following day bed not made up had to ask for it to be done.had to ask for hair dryer.Toilet not cleaned .All together very unsatisfactory.

Comfortable bed

No restaurant, poor room but very friendly and cheap

Room wasent very clean, the restaurant closed and the bed was very uncomfortable. The whole place needs updating and cleaning.

Staff / new owners were very friendly and the bar area has lots of charm

Owners have recently taken over so don’t pay to much heed to...

Owners have recently taken over so don’t pay to much heed to previous reviews. Hotel is great value for money and the owners and staff are some of the nicest and accommodating you’ll come across.

Close to airport.

Staff was very helpful. They recently purchased it and have been renovating. We had to leave early so did not eat breakfast but had coffee in the attractive lounge/eating area. Located near woods. They are working on updating.

Rooms not clean, very dusty could write "clean me" on the lamp and TV stands, and cobwebs in many places. 1980's peach bathroom suite, no bath mat, stepping onto a tiled floor was truely dangerous from the shower over bath. Shower water hot, but pressure not sufficient for a good shower. Room was not fully serviced during the visit, a dirty cup was removed, but not replaced with clean, bin not emptied, no clean towels. Evening meal not available, breakfast a hit and miss affair, no milk for tea, no butter for toast/croissants. Staff seemed very "new" to hospitality industry and did not exhibit competent experience of meeting and dealing with guests professionally. Would not visit again, would not recommend.

Quite close to the M40, and the EJ Churchill shooting ground, which was the puropse of the visit; reasonable distance to High Wycombe and West Wycombe which proved very handy.

Adequate

Corridor unlit during the day, it was so dark and dingy you could not even see properly to put the key in the door and not welcoming to come back to. Doorknob missing both sides and you could see into the room through peep hole left. The room itself was dark on entry as overhead light not working and same in the bathroom as one light was out. The heater and steam ventilator did not seem to work. No evening restaurant facilities at this time so had to order in or eat out, the new owner explaining that there is a lot to do and they had only just taken over 2 weeks ago. A lovely couple running it however and other staff very attentive and this cannot be underestimated or faulted. I am sure things will change but some investment needed to bring it all alive and upto scratch. So I will go back just to see when next in the area. The pub decor, atmosphere and charm made up for the shortcomings and it is early days so remain open minded

Good effort and good night's sleep

A few areas that will need redecorating in fullness of time and aware new team have plans for the establishment

Under new ownership in first week, the team did good job under circumstances. Good characterful property that will receive some close attention. Can't thank the team enough for preparing breakfast

Grubby - this place is barely surviving.

No wi-fi, electrical items appeared poor and in need of inspection, the place is generally tired and falling apart at the edges - the main doors to the whole building don't close, signs of rot and condensation on the building, no food being served - not for breakfast or evenings.

I'm struggling here for a positive - a roomy car park!

Pleasant but not amazing

Old fashioned interior and no bed side lamps

Good place to rest your head but it needs more work to be a great hotel . The owners had only just taken over and so they did they best they could in such a short space of time I believe it will become a great hotel once more investment has occurred

Car park was large !

1. It’s like a disused building ready to be knocked down ! 2.Damp 3.heater didn’t work 4.Damp sheets felt wet 5.No staff 6.stopped 3 days cleaner came once. 7. Lots of spiders in the room (the ones with the long legs and little bodies that are always in damp disused buildings) 8. Paid £177 I got an invoice for minus £118 !! 9.bathroom disgusting 10. It’s like a squat !!!

Car park was large !

Untidy dirty and deserted didn’t see anyone in 12 hours of being there

The place was not only closed for a refurb it was untidy and dirty even the car park was terrible with broken glass bricks etc The room was very tired and the place needed a deep clean Not impressed but a good location

Nothing to say

The mould in the bathroom. Never saw the owner, out in the middle of no where. Nothing else to say

It had hot water. Nothing else to say sorry. Bed was ok

Don't book it
    • Large Double Room

Everything - there are no staff, keys left in dark unlit lobby. No information about this sent by hotel. Did not answer the phone when I arrived at 10pm, only saved by a couple you arrived back who knew about the situation and told me were my key was. Place was apparently under renovation which was not mentioned on booking site!!! Only this other couple and myself at the hotel. Would not recommend, especially if travelling alone!

Nothing - there was no staff, keys left in dark unlit lobby. No information about this sent by hotel. Did not answer the phone when I arrived at 10pm, only saved by a couple you arrived back who knew about the situation. Place was apparently under renovation which was not mentioned on booking site!!!

Very disappointing, will not be using again

Not a single member of staff was present throughout my stay (had to use a code to get access to rooms). Pub/restaurant closed for refurbishment (this wasn’t made clear). No breakfast provided or offered.

The room was a good size and was good value for money

Wait till they've finished refurbishing, unless all you need is a bed for the night

The pub is undergoing a major refurbishment. If I'd known, I'd have booked somewhere else.

Staff went the extra mile to make up for the fact the restaurant was closed (drove me to Stokenchurch)

A tired remote and staffless hotel, with no amenities

I saw no staff whatsoever. No reception Restaurant was advertised, but turned out to be closed, so no dinner or breakfast available. Nearest place to eat 3 miles away Shower useless No shampoo

Very comfortable and very handy for what we needed.
    • Large Double Room

Would have liked to have had breakfast. The details we were given said breakfast could be had for an extra £6.50 but told no breakfast available as there was no chef in the mornings.

The size of the room, comfort and the bathroom size was good. The food in the evening was excellent.

Very average and cold.

The room was absolutely freezing - think the radiators are too small for the large rooms. There was a bit of a dank smell too. No breakfast. I remember the owner from my last stay - I went to reception and she doesn't even acknowledge her guests. Wifi is terrible so I used my own data. The hotel is a lovely building, but it needs a lot of work/customer service should be improved.

The location was perfect - right next to my office/motorway.

It served a purpose
    • Large Double Room

Room was damp. Bedding was wet. No staff to greet when we arrived just a key and a note. No lights on in the reception foyer. By pure luck we met the only staff member in the car park. It was 7.30 at night so it is understandable nobody around, but lights could have been on. The room was very basic and the bed quite uncomfortable. The bedding was very damp.

Large room. Cheap Good parking. Coffee and biscuits in room.

Dire!

Where do I start. Room quality very poor, mattresses uncomfortable, windows mouldy, and shower anothing more than a mere trickle of water. Also didn’t like the fact that at no point were we met or greeted by the staff off The Bluebell and all 3 rooms booked were automatically charged to 1 credit card rather than individual room. Very poor!

Wasn’t much I did like. Rooms were extremely dated with Mould around the windows in all rooms. bathrioms were dated and shower a mere trickle. No one was around to check us in, keys left on a chair when entering the building and all rooms charged to my credit card rather than being paid for individually on checkout. At no point saw anyone from The Bluebell and no kithen available offering breakfast as advertised. Radiators hung off walls in rooms and replaced by blow heaters. Possibly one of the worst nights stay I’ve paid for!

Ok for one night.

The decor was dated, and in places shabby. The corridor outside room 6 had an unpleasant smell. Mostly, however, the main disappointment was lack of breakfast. When we asked the previous evening what time breakfast was served, we were told there was none. This is despite breakfast being offered on the booking page. We had to go searching for food in the morning in an area we did not know.

The meal in the evening was better than the menu led us to believe. Tasty and well cooked. Also the bed was large and comfortable.

Slept ok.

Arrived to a locked door - dark non lit establishment with a hand written note on the door informing me the ‘restaurant ‘ was open from 6pm til 9pm and my room was number 10. As it was only 5:10pm I traveled to a local pub and returned at 7:50. Only to find a single light in the ‘restaurant ‘ with no one in attendance. Let myself in though the patio doors to find no one at home. Waited for 5 minutes with no results. Left the bar and went to bed. All this for £55. Woke up at, after I must say a comfortable nights sleep, 6am. Tried to have a shower although the water pressure was so low you could stop the flow through the shower head with your hand. Went down to check out to find the same scenario as last night - one light on, no one to be seen anywhere let alone the evidence of an available breakfast. Left my key on a table in the ‘serving’ area and left. Just got home to find out I have been charged £65 by a different hotel!! Absolutely shocking - have already sought legal advice on it.

Slept ok.

Awful

There was no hot water, no heating no food. Dirty and a really lumpy bed. isolated and therefore unsuitable for a woman travelling alone. Staff were rude and very grumpy. I recommend that no one ever goes here and booking.com should remove it from their site.

Nothing - it was awful.

Uninviting and unresponsive to complaints

I arrived in the middle of a snow storm and clearly they had decided to save money by not heating the public areas of the hotel; not a great welcome. The poor receptionist was sat in a coat and scarf and I had no inclination to take my coat off in the restaurant. The food I had (calamari followed by steak) was passable but not worth the £30 I paid, particularly when it was like sitting in a fridge to eat. I was disappointed to be told breakfast was included in my booking, but that I 'wouldn't get any'. Apparently they'd just decided it wasn't worth putting it on as the hotel was quiet. Having worked in hospitality there are options, maybe a little basket of things for those staying to take away? The room hadn't been updated since around the 70s (think wood veneer and pink bathroom suites). However the bed was comfortable enough. Most disappointingly I woke up on the final morning to no hot water, on the coldest day of the year... I went downstairs to complain but found it like a ghost town downstairs, all locked up. Once I'd got to work I straight away contacted the hotel to complain via their website 'contact us' form. I got no response. I then tried emailing them to complain, again no response. Not great customer service considering I highlighted I was looking for somewhere to stay regularly over the next few weeks. Now I can see why they rebranded the hotel, to get around the precious awful reviews. It's really not worth the money staying here, there are much better places for similar prices in the area.

The location is very convenient for Marlow and there is tonnes of potential for this to be a fantastic country pub. Such a shame it's not being managed in the right way!

Everything! The photos showed an old country pub with log fires . When I arrived and booked in I asked the receptionist if she was putting on the fire as I would be eating in the pub later on, it was -6c at the time. She said no fire . I went to my room and the heater was broken , I went back to reception and asked for a room with heating, she was not happy about me asking to move room. But gave me another room which stunk of smoke and had never been decorated, the heater worked but was still freezing cold. In the morning I thought I would have a hot bath , however the plug was for another bath and did not fit.I have never stayed in such an awful place and felt I had to sleep with one eye open. Do not stay here!

Dirty smelly and very unwelcoming! NOT RECOMMENDED! STAY CLEAR!

The room was very smelly(as was the whole of room side of the building!) It was very outdated and scruffy. The bathroom was gruesome. The shower soaked the floor every time it was used so we had to put towels down to mop it. The women in charge was rude not helpful and very uninterested. The bar/restaurant was FREEZING COLD and you couldn't even sit and have a drink never mind eat in there. The woman refused point blank to put on the fire or any heating!! It was a joke!! I don't believe you get what you pay for....I've stayed in places for the same price sometimes less and they were so much nicer!! Ordered a pizza to be delivered there so we didn't put any more money their way....The place is disgusting.

The bed was large and mattress quite comfortable

Room was freezing on arrival, I small electric heater no heater in bathroom both smelt damp Restaurant and bar again freezing so had to travel to find alternative

reasonable bed

other than the dated room no access to any facilities at all

no breakfast on offer - hotel reception and bar/restaurant locked up at 08.15am as they were when I arrived the previous evening - can't comment on staff as didn't see any during my stay.

The bathroom: poorly decorated, bags in the sink Room: no central heating, was very cold to begin with then with the air contrition got better but was early in the morning, luckily was just for one night Pillows very thin and not comfortable Table lamps not working

Lovely old pub but not very inviting or welcoming

Cold no heating on when arrived & none in bar or restaurant. no staff except 1 lady & a chef. No one around in morning to return key to. Everything locked up.

Food

Less than adequate.

There was only 1 type of drink available at the bar, and there were NO lights in the gents toilet. Staff appeared to be not interested.

Food was good and good value for money.

This was the worst hotel / pub we have ever stayed in.

No receptionist on arrival First room disgusting Second room ensure cracked basin and dirty tiles around bath NO BREAKFAST, desire sold as bed and breakfast. Checked out after one night in dusgust

Staff and security issues

No one there to greet a not on the door with code so and key left on a chair just inside door anyone could have got the key before me and entered the room not good as woman traveling alone then fire alarm for 2 hours until 6.30 and when arrived at breakfast at 8.30 told could not find any staff till just before 9 and told breakfast was finished very rude staff and bad set up

Will never return

The mouldy walls and bathrooms. Excessive fire smoke in the restaurant/bar. Was planning on eating there but ate out as we did not want to sit in a smokey room.

I needed a low cost value for money room with an evening meal. I got exactly what i needed.

Difficult to lock room door due to a worn lock which was loose on the door - room 3. The room heater did not work and had been replaced by a fan heater which was noisy. Extractor fan in bathroom did not work.

5.5
    Great bar/restaurant staff let down my tired and tatty rooms and other members of staff

It's really hard to find this place in the dark! An illuminated sign would help Check in was shocking. Staff member didn't hang up her personal phone call to talk to me. Neither did she tell me anything about breakfast. Room is very tired. It seemed perfectly clean but really needs a re-vamp. Walls are tatty and the bathroom looks like it's not been touched since the 1980s The WiFi signal was very poor and dropped out all the time.

The totally overworked lady in the bar was amazing - apologies I didn't catch her name. She couldn't have been more welcoming and friendly. Food was really good too. It was cheap but that's no excuse for poor accommodation. I expect basic but not run down.

Would not stay in the hotel again too far away from nearest town.

The bathroom needs a complete overhaul. Having to ask for the heating on in our room as it was freezing on arrival and the corridor heating was not switched on at all during our stay.

The staff were very Helpful

Wouldn't ever recommend or stay there again.

The bathroom was mouldy and dirty, there was damp everywhere by the windows, there was holes in the walls and screws hanging out, there was an industrial heater as there was no actual heating. Was not a please tell stay.

No complaints at all. Very pleasant stay.

Rooms / bathrooms etc are dated - but you already know this and planned for refurbishment next year. All good.

Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout Food was very good. Prices were fair. A pleasant stay.

Very pleasant property but please turn on the heater before guest arrival!!
    • Large Double Room

Room was freezing and the heater hadn’t been turned on (end of November). No heating in bathroom. Took until 2am until you couldn’t see breath in the room. Considered sleeping in the car! No WiFi. Decoration very dated especially in the bathroom.

Staff welcoming. Room was spacious.

Changing the name of the place the day we were booked - and not telling us in advance - wasn't helpful. So we were looking for 'The Tree'. The place appeared to be closed and locked up when we found it. There was no heating at all - even the open fire was out as there were issues with the smoke from it. Staff kindly found a mobile electric radiator to put by our table in the evening. We were the only people eating there and we both chose chicken from the dinner menu - but were then told that there was none. We were later told that there was no breakfast the next morning!! The venue is obviously under new management and a refurbishment but we were not told that in advance and adequate steps to cater for this were not taken.

It has a very 'old world' feel to it and could be a popular venue if managed correctly.

Won't stay again until these rooms are refurbished

Poor quality room. Needs a total make over - which I understand is planned for early 2018. Bathroom was dreadful - mould.

Ideal location for me. Good restaurant - good food. Comfy bed. Generally clean but the room is so dated and the bathroom needs ripping out that theirs only so much housekeeping can achieve.

Hopefully new owners will iron out the problems quickly

Restaurant closed on Sunday night, which we were unaware of so we had to get back in the car to get food, having driven for 5 hours😞. Room was musty but they moved us to another room which was much nicer, unfortunately it was cold and the heater took ages to heat up, again, the staff were helpful and brought an extra heater to the room. Unfortunately there was no heating in the bathroom as the towel rail wasn’t working. There was a private party going on in the bar but we were told we were welcome to go to the bar for a drink but didn’t feel inclined. Breakfast was served from 7.30 to 8.30, it would have been nice to have had the opportunity to sleep in and have a later breakfast.

Nice big room, comfy bed, breakfast was hot and substantial, despite the bar being very cold. Never been served breakfast before by a waitress wearing a coat, although she was a very cheerful, lovely helpful lady. It’s a fabulous building, lovely wooden beams and if the open fire was alight and the bar and restaurant had been open I’m sure it would have been a lovely experience.

Very friendly & good value - bedrooms in need of a refurb

The rooms are very dated & tired & in need of refurbishment - but speaking to the lovely lady owner, they’ve only recently taken on the property & have big plans for updating the bedrooms ...

The owners & staff were very friendly & helpful. The bar/restaurant area is great & the open fire was fab. The food I had was very good value & very tasty. Accommodation is clean.

Staff were excellent.
    • Family Room

The peach walls in the rooms could do with a fresh lick of white paint to modernise the design and the bathrooms could do with updating. Still comfy and clean though.

Staff were excellent.

Very nice hotel, good ambience, very pleasant staff. Good wi-fi

The room smelled a little bit fusty on arrival but I opened the window for a short while and all was well.

The hotel had an olde worlde feel to it. Lovely and warm and welcoming.

Very enjoyable stay, nice friendly staff. Would recommend for anybody visiting Oxfordshire.

The tired look and feel and dampness in the bedrooms although that's next on the list of renovation works by the proprietor. The lack of signage made it difficult to find for some of my party.

The evening meal and the breakfast and the beer were great. The water was very hot for a superb bath after a day's walking !

This hotel provides very basic accommodation most suitable for overnight stays by working people.

Photographs on the website give an overly rosy picture and must have been taken some considerable time ago. There was no outside signage to identify the hotel from the road. Very dated and worn furnishings. Bathroom in need of a refit. Non-matching white bath, pink WC and yellowish wash basin and adjoining work top - basin with a grimy crack.

Reasonable price for the area.

Friendly, nice location for exploring the Chilterns, but a bit tatty and tired.

Unfortunately it was pretty tatty, with worn carpets, and a (small) hole in the bathroom door. It was clean and roomy, but definitely in need of a bit of maintenance and refurb.

Staff very friendly and helpful, and were able to arrange early check-in. Room was large and breakfast generous.

A British and cheap place to stay, which was acceptable but not really great.

Well, the internet was very slow/barely usable. Also the connection broke up a lot. I was doing a business trip expecting the be able to work.... Besides that .... the hotel is very British and a bit old fashioned.

The bed was okay. The personal was friendly. The diner was also depending on what you ate good. The bar/Restaurant room was nice!

Good location for us, so much more could be done with this place though.

The place was very tired looking extractor fan in bathroom did not work, bedside lamps missing, mould around the bathrooms. Had to ask for one of the rooms to be vacuumed.

Cooked breakfast ok plenty of it

So much potential

The mould on the bathroom tiles. The smell of ?moth balls. The basic mattress. Booked a double and was given a twin.

The large dated room. Unfortunately I didn't arrive in time to try the restaurant which I believe is quite good. The staff were very helpful for a late arrival.

Very enjoyable stay, obliging staff good food friendly atmosphere.

Bathrooms need updating which we were informed would be done during January 2018.v

Bed uncomfortable but when mentioned at reception we were offered 2 other rooms one which we choose with the most comfort bed. Staff could not have been more and helpful.

Food was lovely but I wouldn't stay again!

Stay away from room 5. Mould on the walls, lights flickered, damp smell in the room, rooms are old fashioned, tired, toilet seat lid missing. Asked for a room change but as orignally told I could have room 17 but the shower didn't work so I'd have to use room 5 to shower!!! I don't think so......eventually I got a room change

The only two positives I can say about this hotel is the lady on reception/bar/waitress - she really can't do enough for you, and the food!!

Good location but needs updating

Needs a bit of updating. Very old style furniture and quite a bit of noise from the stairs. Had trouble locking my door.

Friendly staff and very nice breakfast

Very dated hotel and when arrived then informed the bar and...
    • Family Room

Very dated hotel and when arrived then informed the bar and restaurant were closed as being refurbished so if we wanted breakfast we would need to find somewhere in the nearby village. This info was not stated on Booking.com Rooms are shabby and decor very dated and old wire furniture and bathroom.

The Tree at Cadmore

Bedding could have been better, eg duvet was bit too thin, heating in room didn't appear to work so was little chilly initially.

Clean and comfortable, bed was very comfortable

Looking forward to going back at a later date.

It is under refurbishment, which cant be helped.

If you are a 6'+ tall man and built like a rugby player you will like the bath. The shower was good too. The staff were exceptional. We said we would arrive at 8pm, we would have been there at 7pm but there was a bad accident on the A road which meant a tailback for some miles. This meant we arrived at about 9.25pm. Although the restaurant had closed at 9pm they still prepared us a cooked meal and dessert. I found the staff very, very friendly and helpful. We learnt that it has been under new management for 5 months and they are still in the process of refurbishment. Don't let this put you off because we were not disturbed by any of this.

will not be staying here again!
    • Large Double Room

on arrival there was building works going on. it wasn't clear as to where to check in. the bar was closed and the restaurant was closed due to the building works so there was no breakfast or evening meals available. had to drive to another town to eat. no mention on the website that there was building works. the room was very tired and dated.

no comemnt

smell of stale smoke no heating breakfast burnt lacking instruction for ordering breakfast no gf although requested in advance in need of modernisation

The bar area had been refurbished and the food was good.

The bar area had been refurbished and the food was good. The hotel was cold bedrooms in need of refurbishment which is reflected in the price. The cleanliness in the bedrooms was not great and the bathroom was very poor. The staff were friendly.

Overall a comfortable night

The bathroom was dated and could do with modernising

The food was good standard Pub food - tasty and plenty on the plate. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Rude

Everything, doors didn't open or close properly, ladders and decorating going on. Staff manner was despicable. Customer service doesn't come with this hotel, if you can call it that. Wifi was dreadful.

Nothing- poor service from phone to greeting. Rude telephone manner and upon arrival "Whats your name" without even looking up or saying hello.

Room was comfortable however still needs more upgrades to compete with other venues

No facility for breakfast or dinner due to renovations.

The staff were friendly and the room comfortable however still needs a face lift. The entire facility is getting a face lift so I hope all goes well when the work is completed

3.0
    Not a good place for a family and over priced for a dingy room
    • Family Room

Room was dingy, toilet did not flush, bathroom tiles not clean in shower/bath We arrived just before 8pm and no food available. Long drive to get food Went for breakfast at 9am and place was locked. Housekeeper showed up and let us in and said breakfast was over at 8.30am. She was very helpful and called someone on the phone who told me that breakfast times were posted on door. Housekeeper checked with us and verified that the times for breakfast were not posted on door or in our room or anywhere. She very nicely made us toast and cereal and I left a note for the Managers and they never contacted me. Traveling from Texas we were really looking forward to an English breakfast. Way over priced for what we received and would not recommend to anyone.

Location in the country was good

Grim

Bathroom disgustingly dirty. I bought cleaner and cloth an wiped away months worth of black mong and mould from tiles and around taps..didnt risk the muck behind the toilet. Im not a complainer but it wad bad. Also clothes got very damp in the wardrobe.

Roomy. Quiet.

Desperately needed refurbishment.

The dated and shabby bedroom &bathroom .Restaurant shut, despite being told it was open only 3 days before. In the middle of refurbishing but a long way to go as far as the bedroom and bathroom were concerned !

The bar had a lot of character

Best staff and customer service I've ever had.
    • Large Double Room

Incredible customer service, the best I've ever experienced. Jill knew I would arrive late and called me with information before my stay. In the morning breakfast was fantastic and I was given great breakfast with staff going out of their way to get me extra coffee. The rooms are beautiful and great value and it's such a friendly place.

Not great
    • Large Double Room

After a long day of work and travelling to this hotel which isn't really in high Wycombe, more in the middle of nowhere, we arrived to an empty reception. I phoned a telephone number that was left on the door for another two guests to be told that even though my booking had gone through, he didn't have anything for us. No apology, very dismissive and quite rude!!! We were left to drive into beaconsfield just to sleep!!

Relaxed, enjoyable stay with excellent breakfast.

Was a lovely stay, and the new owners even went out of their way to drive us to a function and later collected us due to the expensive costs of local taxi firms. Thank you!! Can't wait to return in the future to see what the refurbishment look like.

A fairly satisfied customer
    • Large Double Room

The M40 runs nearby with some noise (can't do anything about that!) but on a fairly quiet road so not a major problem. Good service and food but the steak and ale pie was over cooked (in the microwave?) with pastry gone hard. Apple pie and ice-cream came in an absolutely burning hot bowl that was dangerous to touch (also over-microwaved?)

Nice good sized room with all necessary facilities but with very traditional furniture. Food on premises and country setting with nearby footpaths across fields. Old fashioned but a characterful pub.

The staff were very nice and welcoming.
    • Large Double Room

The corridors and bedrooms look rather ancient even though they must have been really nice before. The emplacment of the place is wonderful and could give the possibilities, with added investment of a really super place.

The staff were very nice and welcoming.

Disgusting.

Staff were rude and far more concerned with playing on her phone rather than sorting customers out. Room was disgusting. main door didn't shut properly and there were what looked like bodily stains on the sheets. Staffs answer to that was simply to remove a sheet rather than replace the bed sheets or change rooms. Compounded by the fact that both my husband and I are covered in what look like flea bites or some kind of bed bug bites. dirty unhelpful and a total waste of money.

Disgusted with this hotel. I have stayed here before and it's really gone down hill in the last few years.

Basic accommodation which was ideal for one night

TV and WiFi very erratic and generally non-existant. Some lights in the room didn't work and there was no-one available to ask about them

Convenient access to the M40 and west. Quiet. Good size room with plenty tea, coffee and biscuits. Soft towels and basic toiletries.

The pub was quiet but food choice quite limited, but what I...

The room was I would imagine in its day very nice. The cleanliness in the rooms could be better. Hair around sink and lots of dirt around taps. Shower worked well. Toilet seat needs to be replaced with one that fits. There was cigarette ash on the window. Carpets needed a good hoover. A good spring clean wouldn't go amiss. I say this as I did work in a hotel so I notice these things. The

The pub was quiet but food choice quite limited, but what I had was nice. I did not get to eat breakfast as it didn't start until 8.30 and I left each day at 7.30. Very friendly staff though!