View vacation packages to

2. UK hotel reviews
  3. Warwickshire hotel reviews
  4. Brandon hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel & Spa Warwickshire

Reviews of Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel & Spa Warwickshire This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Main St, Brandon, Brandon, CV8 3FW, United Kingdom

#1 of 1 hotels in Brandon

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 15, 2019

It was reasonable
    • Classic Double Room

The pool was really cold and we couldn’t stay in as long as we would have liked I came with my 12yr old daughter as a treat for her birthday and we were restricted with swimming times for under 16s We were told we couldn’t have a table in the restaurant until nearly 9pm but when we actually got in at 7.30 (apparent cancellation), there were lots of tables empty No bar snacks to keep us going from when we arrived until what we thought was going to be a late tea Shower was a nightmare. Water was spraying over the floor and the temperature didn’t remain consistent which for a child isn’t great

Bed was comfortable Staff in restaurant called to offer us a table at the time we wanted when they received a cancellation Breakfast was excellent

• Reviewed: June 10, 2019

We very much enjoyed our stay and it was an ideal location for Coombe Abbey.

n/a

I thought the hotel was lovely and value for money. We stayed as we had a function at Coombe Abbey, which was a 10 minute taxi ride away (£20). The spa was a welcome bonus and the breakfast was value for money too.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2019

This is a secret in the area and I will definetely be back
    • Executive Double Room

The rooms whilst very nice were a little cold a rug on the wooden floor would deaden some of the echo in such a large room

This was a lovely hotel the staff were quite simply wonderful with a can do attitude. Food was good value and cooked really well (lightly poached eggs were just that!) (rare steak was! rare.)

• Reviewed: June 5, 2019

I was at a wedding on the Friday and stayed that night but I...
    • Executive Double Room

I was at a wedding on the Friday and stayed that night but I thought the room I stayed in was very dated and could do with a massive refurbishment I would have been happy if they charged me £10 because that’s all it was worth

• Reviewed: June 5, 2019

Nice but not worth the money
    • Classic Double Room

The shower was poor. Bits missing and there was scum under the shower screen. No hairdryer in the room. Vent in bathroom had dust and was filthy

The property was nice and looked like it was in the middle of renovations

• Reviewed: June 4, 2019

Location and gym
    • Classic Double Room

Housekeeping hit and miss. Dusty cupboard shelves marked clothing. Not remedied as requested. Towel shortage, and only 2 clothes hangers (remedied). Room hot and stuffy.

Location and gym

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

If it wasn't for the sleepless nights due to the excessive heat, we would have been happy.
    • Privilege Room with King-Size Bed

The room was stiflingly hot on arrival and we couldn't get it cooled down for the duration of our stay. As a result we didn't sleep well at all the two nights we were staying. There was no A/C in the room and the windows wouldn't stay fully open either.

The hotel was really good. Staff were excellent. Pleasant location.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2019

Very enjoyable!
    • Classic Double Room

If they had a small dog friendly area in the restaurant to avoid having to leave her in the room alone. Breakfast selection for non meat eaters wasn’t great.

The fact that we could take our well behaved dog to a nice hotel with a pool. Also the garden was nice to push our grandson around in his buggy.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2019

Peaceful & relaxing stay in beautiful location with great facilities & friendly staff
    • Privilege Room with King-Size Bed

Food took a while to arrive in the bar. We had to go remind the team and ask where our order was. Good though when it arrived. I always feel disappointed when you stay dog friendly and pay for the privilige (£20 i think in this case per night) but you don't get anything for that - no bed, water/food bowls, treats, poo bags etc. It doesn't cost £20 to clean up after our dog has stayed....this charge is not unusal to this hotel, but it does wind me up. My dog is less messy than having kids in a room & there's no additional premium charged for bringing kids!!!!

A bit of a posh stay for us this one. Beautifull location and a wonderful building. Nicely refurbished rooms. Pool is 20m I think,, so it was a decent size (not always easy to find when booking a hotel). Dog friendly - dog welcome in bar area where you can also eat, so this is very good. Breakfast was lovely. Worth the £10.50 per head when ordered at check in. Bar meals were also good value.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2019

A let down.

The room and the bed

No air con in our room. I had my wife and baby with me. Was given a desk fan which didnt help. The bed was very uncomfortable too. Matress gave me back ache.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2019

Very Disappointed
    • Executive Double Room

Hotel looking tired, didn't feel that for £99/night I received value for money considering its a 4 star hotel - room was basic and looked tired, no minibar, no iron, I received no wake up call despite asking for one. Room service was non existent and all they could manage was some dry sandwiches and stale crisps for £10.

Location was great, I've been before so knew what to expect, friendly staff

• Reviewed: May 19, 2019

Good location. An average hotel overall
    • Executive Double Room

The restaurant is great for breakfast and the breakfast is good but the same room has no atmosphere for dinner, the menu is limited and overpriced for the selection and quality. Overall the staff are polite and professional but not welcoming or particularly friendly.

The location is good for local attractions and quiet. The rooms are very clean and modern.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

6.0
    Stayed many times and generally the hotel has been very good.
    • Classic Double Room

Unfortunately the bar was occupied by the remains of a very drunken wedding party. This was from when I arrived in the afternoon until 11 in the evening. In the afternoon it had spilt out into the foyer with children running around. Not conducive to a quiet afternoon tea or evening drink. Not the Hotels fault although perhaps they should have been moved into a separate function room. Restaurant layout changed - bit like a canteen now.

Stayed many times and generally the hotel has been very good.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

Beautiful area and hotel
    • Classic Twin Room

The prices are a little expensive for food and drink, there wasnt much choice on the menu so we went out for a meal instead, there was also a loud buzzing noise coming from the bathroom which we assumed was the extractor fan it didn't stop until 2am, I didnt think it was worth complaining about because there isnt anything they could of done about it.

The hotel and area is beautiful, very quaint and hidden away, the pool was lovely, we didnt use the spa facilities but we may do if we stay again. The staff were very helpful and attentive at breakfast, there was lots of choice at breakfast it was also very clean too, they kept everything topped up and everything was to standard.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2019

Beautiful hotel
    • Classic Twin Room

The pool was in a separate building. Luckily the weather was beautiful but I wouldnt like to walk there and back in the rain. There was a smell of fresh paint also. Drinks were slightly overpriced - £14 for a coke and lime & soda and the lunch menu was over priced and basic. There was not much to choose from. In the room there was no information about the hotel eg- room service.

The hotel is beautiful. The room was nice and clean and the bed was so comfortable. Breakfast was nice too and the restaurant manager was very polite. Front desk staff were polite also. It is great value for money and I would stay again.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2019

A pleasant weekend. Breakfast on Booking.com was expensive for 6 of us so we went to Morrisons.
    • Classic Twin Room

I think it is a rip off to expect people to wait until 3 pm to access their rooms when indeed we had paid so much. I had paid for 4 rooms for 2 nights as we were attending my sister`s wedding. I was also not impressed how the guests had to leave the wedding venue from 4 to 6 as they had to set up the room, Surely this could have been handled better by offering a bar or other places for them to sit. We were ok as we had rooms to go to.

Nice new rooms just renovated. Clean and fresh bedding and very comfortable beds

• Reviewed: April 16, 2019

A lovely night

Nothing, everything was perfect

The bed was very comfortable, the room was a nice size and cosy. The bathroom was spacious. I also used the gym facilities which was a good little gym to use and clean. I had breakfast the next morning which was very nice too and the staff were very kind and helpful

• Reviewed: April 14, 2019

Lots going on in hotel, not as peaceful as we had hoped!!!
    • Classic Double Room

No private changing facilities in pool area, had 2 change in front of other peoples male children!!!

Huge pool but in separate building. Nice big quiet, dog friendly room.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2019

Enjoyed our stay but very disappointed with view through window.
    • Classic Twin Room

The view out of room was very disappointing when staying in a beautiful area and your view out of window Was onto the car park and some porter cabins spoilt the experience and would influence me staying ther again. Although the staff seemed as if they might have been able get the room changed they said all single rooms were already taken. No offer of any compensenatation even a free newspaper, as they could see I was upset as it was the only time I have had a break with my daughter and I wanted it to be special. The hotel is set in a lovely area. View very disappointing.

Beds excellent.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2019

Very comfortable, although would like more food choices in the bar area after breakfast.
    • Classic Double Room

Strong smell of paint due to refurbishment. Not being able to get a breakfast snack/pastry of any kind in the bar area after 10 am. Not enough choice of food (especially anything healthy).

Facilities.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2019

Nice hotel with great facilities, but not the most relaxing of stays unfortunately
    • Classic Twin Room

Doors to corridor outside room slam shut, very noisy. Refurbishment work downstairs starting at 7am also caused noise. Wooden flooring in refurbished rooms also noisy.

Excellent fitness suite and pool

• Reviewed: March 30, 2019

The food was amazing.
    • Classic Twin Room

Being woken by alarms and decorators at 7am in the morning. The sheer emptiness of character in hotel and rooms. Looked clinical and bland

The food was amazing. The look of the hotel on the outside was lovely.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2019

Not perfect but nothing major to grumble about, it is a nice hotel.
    • Classic Twin Room

No hotel brochure info in our room, we asked for one but never arrived. There were noisy wedding guests late at night although I was told before booking there would be no events on.

Hotel recently refurbished, our bedroom included - very nice, still ongoing as paint smell in corridors ! Breakfast buffet excellent including nice coffee.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2019

Relaxing stay with good leisure facilities but room not great
    • Classic Double Room

Room had been recently refurbished (smelt of paint) but not to a very good standard; paint flaking from architraving and bottom of door badly damaged. Specification of room seemed very stark and not really in keeping with a 4 star hotel. Laminate floor already damaged.

Good breakfast, great swimming pool, large for a hotel pool.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2019

Very nice hotel, swimming pool good, staff helpful, but spoiled by difficulty in sleeping.
    • Privilege Room with King-Size Bed

There was a small green light high up in the bedroom ceiling, completely unobtrusive during the day. However once dark and no other lights on the room ie when trying to go to sleep for the night, the whole room was flooded with eerie green light, almost bright enough to read by. I can only imagine that the lights were installed as a safety feature by people who at no time tested them with the curtains drawn. Very hard to sleep.

Top of the range room, nice if a little lacking in imagination, big separate bathroom, very quiet.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2019

Good hotel 6/10
    • Classic Double Room

Guests slamming doors all night and all morning. wafer thin walls could hear someone coughing all night. not much information on the spa ,towels, times etc Had to call front desk 4/5 times

Nice clean modern rooms Breakfast Swimming pool Steam room Bar

• Reviewed: March 12, 2019

Room was great.
    • Privilege Room with King-Size Bed

A few minor housekeeping issues. Resloved by staff when asked. Not enough vegetarian dishes on the menu.

Room was great. Spa was small but quite good. Friendly staff everywhere.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2019

The staff was very friendly and helpful!
    • Classic Double Room

The property was under going a big refurb. Our room had just been painted. Which resulted us sleeping with the window open because of the strong paint smell. My partner actually felt quite sick from it. It says it’s wheelchair friendly, but many doors are just a bit too narrow. The ramp is also extremely steep. Without help there is no way you could get up there. But the biggest disappointment to us what the “spa” it was more the community pool where kids were. And the only way in and out of the pool was with ladders. Which meant I couldn’t use it. There wasn’t a jacuzzi either. The sauna was very small as well. The steam room was alright.

The staff was very friendly and helpful! In our first room the tv wasn’t working so they swapped our room without any fuss.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2019

Pathetic service!
    • Privilege Room with King-Size Bed

Poor customer relations and did not have the room we had booked. Previledge room booked and paid for on arrival we were offered a standard room in very poor condition. Ruined our weekend as we had find an alternative hotel at 7.30pm in the evening. Extremely disappointed and will not use again

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

Sleep deprived
    • Classic Twin Room

Im sure that if I had been able to sleep it would of been a nice stay

I was unable to sleep as every door slammed during the night kept me awake and toilet seats slamming I would of expected soft close doors and toilet seats would have been a good idea to prevent the slamming Was unable to sleep

• Reviewed: February 16, 2019

Excellent hotel apart from the early morning noise
    • Classic Double Room

The noise - early in the morning could hear people moving and bumping about outside the room

The hotel and restsurant were excellent. Room was lovely and clean and comfy beds

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

Beautiful place, set in wonderful countryside
    • Classic Double Room

Although the room was comfortable it was very clean there were quite a few cobwebs and plenty of dust. The breakfast was appalling there was hardly any food which left people scrambling for what there was. The restaurant manager was trying his best to get the situation sorted however the chef was screaming at him in the kitchen which could be heard in the dining room. This was just awful both my partner and I felt very uncomfortable eating, such a shame as I feel that this will prevent me rebooking next month or recommending to my friends who travel a lot around England.

Beautiful place, set in wonderful countryside

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

Peaceful stay, swimming pool is excellent.
    • Classic Double Room

Bar drink prices seem really high; £5.50 for a bottled beer that costs less than £2 in a local supermarket.

Excellent breakfast with extensive choice. Peaceful location. Excellent pool and leisure facilities. Really good food served in the bar.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

Excellent and relaxing stay.
    • Classic Double Room

Thanks to the staff for all their help arranging a birthday meal for my sister. Especially the lady at check in and Chrissy in the restaurant who really looked after us. Great stay guys thanks.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

The hotel room as soon as we were in and spa
    • Classic Twin Room

Sadly as it was the day after New year's day and they were instantly starting renovations. I felt in reception and bar area we were in the way. Our access was not very nice too get to the room either

The hotel room as soon as we were in and spa

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Clean, comfortable large bed.
    • Classic Double Room

Sadly in the room right by the stairs.. every single person coming back in and out all night could be heard. Very small size room.

Clean, comfortable large bed. Reception efficient and polite, communal areas very smart.

• Reviewed: December 24, 2018

Went for a 1 night stay week before Xmas and it was so cosy...
    • Classic Double Room

Went for a 1 night stay week before Xmas and it was so cosy in front of the open fire sipping Bailey's. Excellent breakfast in the morning. 5 star's for me .couldn't fault it.

• Reviewed: December 23, 2018

An enjoyable stay
    • Classic Double Room

We were quite surprised that the room was very dark ie:- when using hairdryer and dressing table and lamp quite dusty which let down standards.

Lovely place excellent location for our works Christmas party, staff friendly and helpful. Facilities were great bed very comfortable.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

Staff were friendly and helpful in the breakfast room.
    • Classic Twin Room

Having mobility problems I requested appropriate accommodation. I was told I had been moved to a room near the lift. I had to walk, using crutches, with my baggage, almost the length of the hotel, take the lift to the next floor and then walk all the way back down that corridor. When I questioned this, the receptionist did not appear to know where the room he had allocated to me was actually located. (Reception staff seemed fairly laissez-faire, and constantly there was a long queue at the reception desk. I really think it would be harder to find a room further away from reception and the entrance. I waited for a while while staff chatted to each other and then retreated to the office as the queue grew. ) No manager was available other than in restaurant. He changed my room so I had only to walk the first leg to the lift. I visited the restaurant, hungry after 9 hrs in conference. I paid £9 for five shrimps and a piece of bread and £20 for a thin pork chop balanced on a smear of potato. While I was there, two other people were dining, five people entered but walked out after seeing the price of the meals, Two said they were going to walk down to the village. The heating in room went off some time after half eveleven. It was so cold it caused increased physical pain to my condition. I wrapped my legs in the clothing I had brought with me. At 7.30 am the heat suddenly came on I soon had to open a window. Was left standing waiting for manager only after a period of time to be told there was no manager. I was told she was due to arrive and would contact me when she arrived. An hour later, no contact. On departure after 9.00 still no manager, she would not be in until 12:00. I was left sitting in room waiting and I could have been informed earlier. I gave my details and phone number, asked them to contact me. Next day, still no contact. Contacted them again. No manager available until Monday lunchtime. Many members of staff told me they had been there 3 weeks or so et.

Staff were friendly and helpful in the breakfast room.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

The staff at this location where very friendly and helpful...
    • Classic Double Room

The only issues I had with this location was the bathroom in the room it did not look like it had been cleaned and there was a razor left on the shower shelf from the last customer

The staff at this location where very friendly and helpful the hotel is is set in a beautiful location and as it was round Christmas the decks where amazing

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Lovely room, bathroom especially nice, large comfy bed, all...
    • Privilege Room with King-Size Bed

Can't fault it really! We didn't think to book restaurant and there were Christmas parties going on so we were stuck with bar menu only but staff were very helpful and could easily just have said we'll need to go elsewhere so all good really.

Lovely room, bathroom especially nice, large comfy bed, all good :)

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

The toilet as that’s where we spent most of our evening
    • Classic Double Room

We had a meal at the bar that made my partner and I ill so we couldn’t enjoy the facilities which we was very upset about. We had to cancel our pre booked breakfast as we were still feeling unwell the next morning. Told booking.com in a email about this but no reply

The toilet as that’s where we spent most of our evening

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

The room was clean and quiet.
    • Executive Double Room

I didn't like the fact that you walked in and the whole place smelt of stale food the bar is adjacent to the main entrance and they were serving bar snacks of fish and chips. The bar was also full of stables covered with half eaten plates of food and empty glasses.

The room was clean and quiet. The staff were friendly and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Could do better.
    • Privilege Room with King-Size Bed

Hotel looking very tired. Needs a spruce up. Dining room was characterless and breakfast felt a bit like a scrum. Spa was in a separate building with no connecting corridor. No showers or changing facilities in the spa (had to sign in to the pool and use those changing rooms. Same building). Spa was treatment rooms and waiting area only, no loungers relax area for afterwards.

Spa treatments were excellent. Thanks

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Nice room, clean and tidy but would have preferred a...

Wooden floor in room.

Nice room, clean and tidy but would have preferred a carpeted floor. Nice pool area with steam room and sauna. Food in restaurant was excellent and you could choose off the bar menu too. Attentive staff without being intrusive.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Nice location, good conference facilities.
    • Classic Twin Room

We were part of a one night conference and a few of us had booked an additional night, which seemed to cause a bit of confusion and resulted in quite a long check out process. There didn't seem to be a manager about as some other people were looking to complain about something but they couldn't find anyone?

Very clean and the staff I came into contact with were friendly, especially the staff who worked the conference centre.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

V good
    • Classic Double Room

If you didn't book for the restaurant or didn't have evening meal included in your plan, you had to eat in the bar because the restaurant was full.

Very pleasant staff and welcome, the rooms were clean and just what is required, no faults at all

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

OK for this short visit but would probably not stay again and don't agree with the 4 star rating
    • Classic Twin Room

Entrance to reception smelt of dogs/cats wee. There were several issues in the Restaurant in the evening. 'Fillet' Steak was not great and the the potatoes, veg and sauces served with it were cold. We sent our meals back to be reheated but when they came back to us they were not much better. We very very disappointed with the evening meal. There was a beetle on one of the beds. There was a dog barking ALL NIGHT. Wooden flooring in the bedrooms meant it was really noisy, could hear people in the room above us walking about etc

Pool & Breakfasts were excellent, very happy with these. The bar and restaurant staff were very pleasant.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

good breakfast
    • Classic Double Room

Very (very) small room. Staff for diner in restaurant are not very well supporting (we have wait 1h10min without any drink, without any food) and the restaurant was 70% empty. Better to go to the pub.

good breakfast good wifi large parking

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

Gym ,sauna and swimming pool, and the location is lovely
    • Classic Double Room

Two mattresses put together to make a double bed, was asked to pay when checking in

Gym ,sauna and swimming pool, and the location is lovely It was my partner's birthday , I think it was nice welcome chocolate

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Ok but could do a lot better
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms were below my expectation and not 4*, could definately do with upgrading especially the bathroom which although reasonably clean felt quite grotty and tired

Nice peaceful location, hotel itself very nice

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Bit tired
    • Classic Double Room

Bedrooms and hallways were a bit tired. For a mecure I expected a higher rate tv and the lamps to work however the lamp next to the bed was falling to bits and of he lamp standard needed the bulb replacing. No t-Spoons at breakfast to stir the hot drinks. All hot drinks came from a machine so not very nice.

Ideal location for my needs

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

I thought the bed was very comfortable and it was very clean.
    • Classic Double Room

The thought the reception staff were awful. No real customer care. We arrived early and asked if we could come back half an hour before check in as we needed to get ready for a wedding. We came back and the reception staff didn't offer to take a seat in the lounge area whilst they looked into whether the room could be made available a little earlier. We were hanging around at reception with our bags and they called house keeping and nothing happened. I had to go back to them several times to ask what was happening. The ladies were very nice but just not efficient. It's a shame as I think they just need more training for a customer facing position.

I thought the bed was very comfortable and it was very clean. The breakfast area was bright and well set up and the bar area was cosy with good staff too.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

• Classic Double Room

I booked a double bed , got two single beds put together, very uncomfortable sleep and the noise from rooms around kept us up all night .

Location really nice and we ordered room service for dinner food was scrumptious.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

The bathroom looked very nice and clean, as well as having...
    • Classic Double Room

Even though the bed look comfy it wasn't,as it was 2single beds pulled together. So throughout the night the would separate slight making a nights sleep uncomfortable, as well as no air conditioning, as the room became very hot and stuffy during the night. We couldn't even open the window because it was locked and we were on the ground floor, the lighting in the room was also poor and not suitable when trying to get ready for a wedding.

The bathroom looked very nice and clean, as well as having good lighting.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Very disappointing stay especially given the room price and location
    • Classic Double Room

Wooden floors in rooms and corridors made my stay at the hotel very noisy. Carpets on stairs seemed tired and worn in a number of places. WiFi didn’t work due to complimentary sign in link being broken so only option was to pay which when stated as included in room price is less than statisfactory. Breakfast buffet wasn’t fully available from the start of breakfast and no allergy information was provided or offered by staff despite a comment being seen on their sheet from my booking. Breakfast staff seemed more interested in their own conversations than guests and failed to check with anyone if they need assistance during the time I ate breakfast.

Comfy bed, room was a good temperature

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

No phone in room to contact reception and no itinerary to...
    • Classic Twin Room

No phone in room to contact reception and no itinerary to tell you breakfast times etc Noises from pipes late at nte when next door was running water in bathroom Screaming pipes

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Good
    • Classic Twin Room

Not much, window didn't open, I don't like the way the breakfast is priced at £15.40 on line but only £10 when you get there so if we'd pre booked we would have paid more. Also why take 30 pounds deposite per room?

Comfy beds, some of the twin rooms quite small.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

More of a 2* than a 4*
    • Executive Double Room

Beds were not comfy. Staff were friendly but not on the ball and we kept getting forgotten. Room was not made on the 3rd day until we asked after 4pm. We had a dog with us so we ate in the bar however the bar menu was very poor and mainly consisted of sandwiches. Reburishment was going on in the restaurant the first night - it would have been nice to have been made aware of this beforehand. I would rate this more of a 2 star rather than a 4 star hotel.

The use of a swimming pool was great and it's a dog friendly hotel.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Sept 1st 2018 wedding
    • Executive Double Room

Staff were rude and unavailable when needed, my friends wedding was held up by people waiting for over half an hr at a time to get drinks due to lack of staff, drink prices were exceptionally high 1 single vodka & coke 2 jager bombs for £21 I'm pretty sure the staff must be till building if charging that much..got any jobs going I could make a lot behind that bar Break fast..my room service didht arrive in my second morning at my required time so went down stairs to find quite a few annoyed wedding guests with no breakfast as they had ran out of many of the breakfast items. I left

Room.was clean although tiny for an executive suite

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

I wouldn't stay again at the hotel
    • Classic Double Room

It felt like the hotel was very under staffed particularly in the restaurant. I arrived for breakfast at 9:30am and there was nothing left despite it being on until 10:30am. Staff seemed to be rushing about with no end purpose and some didn't speak English. The rooms were also very hot and uncomfortable. I would not pay over £100 to stay in this hotel again. There was a wedding on the day I arrived and perhaps this took up a lot of staff time.

The bed was comfy despite the room being too hot. The spa was ok, nothing too fancy. The Royal Oak pub around the corner to the hotel had a beer and cider festival on and this was very welcome.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

On the whole good, but the experience was spoiled by the thought of the excessive pet charges
    • Executive Double Room

I was extremely disappointed after having stayed at this hotel for about 15 years with my show dogs, that the charge for them, which used to be £10 per dog has increased to the extortionate rate of £25 per dog. If they don’t want to be “pet Friendly” why not say so and ban them altogether. This will be my last stay as I cannot afford in excess of £150 for my room and food then another £50 for the dogs who, by the way, are given nothing in return

The staff, as always were friendly and helpful, food choice was good and well prepared and presented

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

The staff generally were excellent but they are let down by...
    • Privilege Room with King-Size Bed

I was in a Piviledge Room, and paid extra for it. What this meant was that I had my worst two nights sleep in a long time - given these were my first days off for a long time, the lack of sleep were “perfect”. The walls were paper thin and either side of me, people watching Match of the day meant I had it in stereo. Compared to the photos on the website, lower your expectations of the room.

The staff generally were excellent but they are let down by the venue.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Staff work so hard to make this hotel better than it actually is
    • Executive Double Room

Does not measure up to a 4star hotel. Many minor irritations : toilet v difficult to flush, shower door didnt shut, bulb missing,IT systems down, ran out of Guiness (no problem for me but annoyed another guest.) These were minor things but collectively a let down. Lacked charm

Room was large and spacious. Staff were so helpful. Lovely grounds.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Nice but could have been a lot better.
    • Privilege Room with King-Size Bed

Had a Mercure privilege room but no dressing gowns or slippers, no soft drinks, no newspaper, no room service menu in room either. No bulb in lamp, sofa bed half put away on arrival although didn’t arrive until 5pm. Sofa bed dirty.

Large comfortable room.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Room was okay apart from what i have already mentioned
    • Privilege Room with King-Size Bed

On arrival booked and paid for kingsize bed priveledge room only had double bed no bedside lamp in room restaurant choice and quality poor Breakfast very low standard minimum choice Staff not interested ,ordered boiled eggs could not believe you had no eggcups Has a better breakfasts at a b+b Front entrance abd main bar need a facelift Overall very dissapointed

Room was okay apart from what i have already mentioned Spa was best part of hotel Would not stay or recommend anyone to stay again

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Lovely rooms and spa facilities
    • Privilege Room with King-Size Bed

There was a wedding on and basically the visiting wedding guests many of which not staying at the hotel took over the bar area and reception areas despite having own function room so whilst appreciate this is the norm for hotels to survive we could not comfortably use bar facilities through the day or night

Lovely rooms and spa facilities

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

In need of a make over
    • Classic Double Room

Property is looking a bit shabby in parts. Carpets are badly worn and the place is generally in need of an update.

Location was convenient fir work but not much else

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Good swimming pool but the rest of the hotel could be better.
    • Classic Double Room

Bar prices and the breakfast

Good swimming pool, room was small but the bed was very comfy. Breakfast was not very well presented. We went at 10 o'clock on the first morning when breakfast was supposed to be on till 10.30. No fresh fruit left no yogurt left asked for some to be given an apple. Whent the next morning at 9 .15 to be told the room was full and to come back in about 20 minutes. When we went back it was very unorganised had to wait a long time for tea to arrive and again the breakfast buffet was not getting replenished. Bar prices are very high even for a Hotel ,

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Great staff ,lovely surroundings /gardens ,and the pool...
    • Classic Double Room

There was a very awkward ramp up two steps in a corridor.The steps were fine if you could use them but the ramp was a little rickety and from memory believe the hand rail was next to the steps only so defeating the usefulness of a ramp !

Great staff ,lovely surroundings /gardens ,and the pool and leisure facilities areA1,just wish we had a little more time to enjoy the hotel

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Good stay with friendly staff!! Room ok and extra child bed was fine too!!
    • Classic Double Room

The times for children’s swiming were not ideal as we wanted to swim in the evening after a long day at the hospital!!

This room was comfy and the air conditioning was a welcome gift too as the weather was so hot!!!! The pool also gave us a rest from visiting the hospital where our other daughter was after having major surgery!!

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

Below average, certainly not the standard expected of Mercure.
    • Classic Double Room

Half the lighting in the room was not working which I would’ve thought would’ve been a standard check prior to guests arriving. We asked on three occasions over our weekend stay for this to be rectified, each time being told it would be and it never was. The cleanliness of the room was ok but the carpet on the approach to the room looked like it had not been hoovered in some time. The room was very hot, which is understandable in the summer climate, but the windows were not suitable to be left open during the night on the ground floor as easy access to the room could have been made from outside. We had to ask three times for a fan and only finally received one more than half way through our stay and after one nights poor sleep.

VERY RELAXING AND COMFORTABLE STAY THE THE BOTH OF US. THANK YOU
    • Classic Double Room

IF THERE WAS A SMALL COMPLAINT WOULD BE THE LIGHTING IN THE ROOMS A BIT ON THE DARK SIDE.

THE STAFF WE,RE PLEASANT AND HELPFULL, WE HAD STAYED THERE BEFORE AND WAS PLEASED WITH THE FIRST VISIT AND THE SECOND VISIT WAS AS GOOD FOR BOTH OF US.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

False advertisement hotel was not up to the standards that...
    • Classic Double Room

False advertisement hotel was not up to the standards that were expected the bedroom fittings and furnshings need updating ! Nothing like the Cardiff branch of the hotel.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Felt very disappointed as i didnt want my booking at the...
    • Classic Double Room

Felt very disappointed as i didnt want my booking at the Brandon hotel and booking.com changed to Brandon rather than the hotel I wanted to book in Bristol. When I asked to cancel my booking they would not refund me. I'm super upset as it was extra expense through no fault of my own

We Price Match