Reviews of Bredbury Hall Hotel 3 stars

Osborne Street, Stockport, SK6 2DH, United Kingdom

#6 of 10 hotels in Stockport

Based on 1951 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Fantastic hotel, with everything you want and more.

I couldn't find anything negative to say about this place. One of the best I've stayed at.

High quality throughout, king size bed, very comfy, large TV with all the channels, everything you need and more. Staff friendly and professional at every level. This hotel was a great find.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Good clean hotel.

Too rushed a dinnet service. Wrong room when we we arrived, moved rooms. Breakfast in bed was a nit late and only aired cooked breakfast with tep

Good clean hotel. Goid night club. Nice dinner

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

We really felt welcome by all the staff and the beds were so comfy. Would definately recommend

The only thing would be we werent told there was a lift until we had already started to struggle with the stairs as my mum has copd. Luckily a member of staff heard us saying she was struggling and showed us where it was. But this issue was resolved so thank you to the blonde lady i didnt get her name .

We arrived for a wedding. We were checked in very quickly. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The room was nice and the breakfast was very nice too. The staff in the restaurant were lovely too x

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The staff were so friendly, helpful and polite.

Room service trays left in the corridors for 15 hrs and the lift which we had to use as hubby is disabled stunk like something had died in there. It was not just a one off it was for the whole time we were there.. Needs a deep clean and new flooring.

The staff were so friendly, helpful and polite. Room service was rapid and hot. The hotel it's self was nice.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

J thought the breakfast was nice and the staff was very...
    • Family Room

The bedroom smelled weird and it didn’t feel very comfortable for me and my family. It didn’t come off as the cleanest up to date room. It wasn’t bad for the price

J thought the breakfast was nice and the staff was very friendly. The look of the outside was really nice. It was close to the airport and wasn’t bad for the price

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

very good nights sleep, lovely room, good value for money

no shower curtain, felt that I was making extra work for the staff when showered with water splashing everywhere. no tea spoons but as late (arrived 11.15pm) couldn't be bothered to go to reception get one. Sweeteners with the sugar would have been good. 9am breakfast some items were a little dry eg hash browns.

very large room, warm, clean and tidy. en suit bathroom very large with a corner bath, shower over. good choice at breakfast. arrived late (11.15pm) reception staff very efficient at getting me booked in.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Pleasantly surprised by friendliness, comfort and value for a last minute booking

Need better signage to reception area upon arrival and more car parking space!

Great service in the bar area when I was too late for breakfast. Staff went the extra mile providing yoghurt and fruit.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

overall excellent value and would recommend

breakfast is over priced. furnishings a bit dated but you can't complain when you look at the prices .

very good value for money. rooms comfortable . quiet surroundings gymn access foc and good facilities

Great stay, would 100% recommend.

One niggle in that we couldn't use the shower over the bath as there was no curtain, but for a 1 night stay a bath wasn't a big hassle (and I'm sure they would have moved us to a room with a shower if we had been that bothered to ask!). Only other little mark down was the coffee, but that's only because I'm a coffee snob and you have to find something to give a little constructive criticism!

Staff were brilliant. Especially the gentleman on reception the day we checked out (wish I'd got his name, he brightened our day!) Super comfy beds and a lovely setting but still close to everything you need.

I was woken up repeatedly by noise from a generator

The noise, and the reception staff were not particularly helpful, it wasnt manned during the evening either

I was woken up repeatedly by noise from a generator

Staff were friendly and we loved the karaoke at the end of...

Hoped for food to be available 24 hours as after drinking in the club all we wanted was a midnight snack in our room. The bathtub was a little dirty around the top but apart from that the room was fine. The brown sauce sachets - please bin them asap!!! They taste like acid! Had to leave my bacon sandwich after I'd put it on there.

Staff were friendly and we loved the karaoke at the end of the eve. All in all was a pleasant stay and good value for money. Breakfast: Had a good selection and the sausages were lovely.

Great size room & friendly staff !

Lovely hotel but is a little out of the way from others facilities. Also little dated in the interiors of the bedroom ms

Great size room & friendly staff !

Worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in

Extremely noisy up until 05.00 in the morning despite asking for Quite room I phoned reception at 04.30 in the morning to complain and was told that the next night would be equally as bad, in a very matter of fact way. We checked out after 1 night without sleep despite having booked 2 nights Totally ruined weekend. Would definitely not recommend this hotel unless you want to drink all night and not sleep

Area was great

Very loud guesses going on until long hours in the morning Tried to sleep but couldn't Saturday night was a nightmare not good Rooms was very dirty .beds was NOT COVERTBLE SINKS WAS DISCUSSED TOILET HAD TO PULL THE HANDLE MANY TIMES TO FLUSH

Area was great

Happy overall
    • Suite

Bed was very comfortable for us as mattress was to firm for us and didn’t help me being 6 months pregnant had to keep asking staff about my room As got told I could earlier due to being in a wedding party

Easy access good facilities quiet location good choice off all you can eat breakfast

A hotel with character.

Breakfast was disappointing - not great value for money.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Our bikes were stored securely in a locked stable. The evening meal was good and good value. An interesting old building that made for a comfortable stay.

Very nice hotel and great traditional curry menu w

Gym was poorly stocked, with broken or worn out equipment. The free WiFi terms to use your data seems intrusive

The curry I chose was amazing. A proper curry, better than I have had in some dedicated curry houses.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

A well established hotel I visited for many years in my...

A function which was totally out of control during my arrival with children running wildly and loudly around the reception area. The parents were presumably outside either smoking or vaping.

A well established hotel I visited for many years in my younger days.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Reception girls helped with speedy booking in and exiting.

Breakfast staff mumbling to one anothet in a different language. Thought they were supposed to learn english??? Late night door slamming by drunken hoteliers, no interest in others just themselves. Young bartender not interesting in poring a pint of beer, just wanted to sell flat gasy lager! Another bar tender had no idea how to hold a glass to the pump to achieve a well pored pint with head on. Another one said they were mixing beers to get rid of old stock?

Reception girls helped with speedy booking in and exiting.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Value for money. Classy, Fantatsic staff, definately would come again.

I have no words. Staff and surroundings fantasttic Hotel itself, what a treat

Couldn't be happier. Hotel presents as a very classy establishment. Staff were only too happy to help. Was there for a family wedding, staff dealt with the masses with the greatest of ease. Professional and courteous to say the least. The rooms as I am told are a "lucky dip" mine was lovely, shower was on point, Underground club at close of night was an unexpected treat, then a karaoke back up in the main welcoming bar, what a treat. If you want to pick out problems in a hotel of this calibre, you may find (very few), but stop looking and take in the view, the grounds and the picturesque grandeur of the gorgeous Bredbury Hall . Would come again today, unfortunately I live too many hundreds of miles away. Total value for money and class. Thanks Bredbury guys and Girls

Loved it

Receptionist. Very surly, very slow. Took her 20 mins to check in one guest, with a queue of 8 waiting. No apologies or smiles to those of us waiting

Spacious, clean bedroom and bathroom

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The decor in my room was a little tired but I believe they are currently doing a refurb.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Made my stay very pleasant.

Staff are friendly at front office
    • Family Room

Very dated!! Door card keys didn’t work lots of people waiting in corridors to be let in the rooms. Very long corridors to reception awful if your old or disabled! No offer of help with bags all though it’s clear your disabled and struggling. Awful food buffet food, Toaster burns no restaurant staff help they leave you to deal with it or find something else. coffee was awful and cold. No cappuccino or alternative! No sweetners just sugar lumps. Milk left out warm with dirty tea spoons In cup. Would never stay there again. Should be 2 star not good for children.

Staff are friendly at front office Beds comfortable, Clean enough

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great value for money.

Wifi not a great signal but worked OK.

Great value for money, Indian food in the restaurant was enjoyable. Great parking and friendly staff. Would highly recommend to others.

The reading light did not work then all the lights fused and...

The reading light did not work then all the lights fused and the shower leaked though the staff did their best to sort things out.The hotel hosts hen parties and weddings so it was a bit noisy.

Great Hotel poor club

Club atmosphere was spoilt by poor DJ not catering for varied clientele, even when asked !

Big rooms, large bathroom, good service, clean and comfortable

A formerly great place well past it's best.

Bar/brasserie and dining room smelt of old, stale food, so we didn't want to eat there. Room service staff didn't even attempt to fill the order, but didn't say they wouldn't or couldn't when it was placed - we went out to eat eventually. Breakfast tables were laid with the bare minimum in the way of crockery/cutlery - there's 'this is a self service buffet' and then there's 'we just can't be bothered'. Mould round bath badly needed treatment or re-sealing. Shower curtain was completely missing! Got the impression the venue was trading on past reputation and had given up trying to maintain standards. What a pity.

A lovely looking hotel.

Extremely noisy hotel!

Had 2 night stay. Friday good. Saturday night horrendous. Noise levels stopped any hope of a good night's sleep. Receptionist at night not helpful at all, almost patronising when we complained. Quote... ."It will quieten down at 4am!!" Asked to see manager at check out Sunday morning but not present. Not happy with that at all. Also complained about a flickering bathroom light on Saturday teatime. It was never fixed. Dangerous window opening in room also.

Breakfast Saturday morning. Bed very comfortable.

Great friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere.

A little jaded but reflected in the price I think.

Really nice location,nice grounds but right on the edge of town.The hotel was a little worn around the edges but the food an the staff were brilliant.Staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful.Well worth a visit and value for money.Its a long time since I have felt so welcome in any hotel,real family feel.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

We cycled there and bikes were looked after very well.

Unfortunately I had packed my reading glasses away and couldn’t check the bill in detail on checking out. Despite phone calls and emails I haven’t received a satisfactory reponse to our queery about the bill for our evening meal. Future customers needto be aware that the cost of a glass of proseco seems to be £9 per glass

We cycled there and bikes were looked after very well. Paul on reception was very friendly, efficient and an excellent ambassador for the hotel.

Perfect

Was a little busy at breakfast due to a coach party.

A great stay in a clean and comfortable room. A complete bargain for the price. Cant wait to stay again.

It could have been so much better.....

Restaurant closing at 6pm ??? It was a wet Saturday night we had driven up from Somerset, and wanted relatives to dine with us, sadly they had to get their car and take us to a local carvery for supper, the "Bistro" menu located in the bar was very mundane,,,,,,,Fish Finger Buttie ???on a special trip it was not what I expected from such a beautiful hotel.

Large airy rooms fairly comfortable bed, nice big bath/shower hot water supply excellent

We will be back

A mini fridge in the room would have been nice, furnishings a little dated but only there for a couple nights so I don't really care what the wardrobes and drawers look like, I'm not using them. Felt a bit sorry for the staff. We were there when a wedding was on and they seemed rushed off their feet and stressed. Would suggest management bring more people in when events are taking place. I know I wouldn't want stressed and irritated staff running my wedding.

We were checked in pretty late by a man named Paul, incredibly friendly man. All hotels should have a Paul! Nice setting and location, easy access to everything you'd need and it just felt a nice place to be. Could have done with softer pillows but overall the bed was comfy and we slept well. Black out curtains too meant the daylight didn't wake you before you wanted to. Massive bath which was a real bonus from someone whose home doesn't have one. Nice big smart TV with plenty of channels to keep you entertained if you don't fancy the bar or nightclub

Cheap but not very cheerful
    • Large Double or Twin Room

It was old fashioned and dated. But it was cheap so that’s why we stayed there. The Indian man that serves the breakfasts was rude and horrible to my family. We asked him about prices and he seemed to take offence for some reason. I think he wanted me to pay for the full English when I didn’t want it and for the kids. Didn’t even give any options as to what my 20 month old little boy could have which was free so we sat there clueless and he never bothered to offer us coffee or tea whilst he was offering it to others he ignored us blatantly. I had to get up and ask him! Then as I was finishing my coffee he came up and told us we needed to go! Had we finished he said? I said well I was finishing my coffee if that’s ok? He said well please go and sit over there then and do it because we need the table!!!!! We couldn’t believe it! The next morning we decided to go to Morrisons and get a breakfast there. My partner was disgusted by the Indian waiters manners and didn’t want to go back. Neither did I!!!

It was cheap but we won’t be staying again.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Well situated.
    • Suite

The door to the smoking area opens from the restaurant. We had to eat our evening meal with the odour of smoke... not pleasant at all. Complained at the time. I didn’t like giving my name and room number over the bar for others to hear when I was purchasing food and refreshment. This leaves hotel accounts open to others charging inappropriately.

Well situated. Staff are friendly and polite Rooms are clean

Although the room was lovely and comfortable, it was very...

Although the room was lovely and comfortable, it was very warm with very little ventilation available due to child restriction lock on the window opening. (Room 303 - Hermitage).

Eventful stay, ok for stag/ hen do's

Breakfast staff were very rude. The man in charge of allocating breakfast had told us we were not on the list ; ( even though we had paid)and asked us to go back to reception we we did and were told to go back and say Paul says it's ok. This was very embarrassing and the person on the breakfast did not apologise. Some of the breakfast staff need to learn some customer service skills. My husband asked for 2 knives and was told well there's only 1 left. When we arrived at the hotel I was given a key for my room and found 3 woman in it. I had to go back to reception and get another room which key did not work. Eventually the key worked. The rooms are very outdated and hot. (No fans or air con). No fridge in room. I did email the manager of the hotel with my concerns but did not get a reply.

Nice big room with comfy beds and clean towels and plenty of storage space.Nice shower and bath although a bit outdated.Tea and coffee making facilities in room. Very clean room Good bar

Brilliant as always. One member off staff won’t determ my return
    • Suite

When we checked in the young lady on reception was snotty. When enquirers about late checkout 4pm was told it’s a extra nights pay when know it’s not as have stayed previously, went and enquired later on and was absolutely fine an the usual charges which had no problem earlier paying. She was not a good front of house staff member, personally to me she was off from the checking in with me...instantly disliking on her behalf

My phone charger broke and gentleman at desk loaned me his. Door/club staff are brilliant. Room service great

Disappointing!
    • Suite

Rooms were not ready when we tried to check-in at 3pm (earliest possible time) and were told there would be a 20 minute wait. We ( 4 adults and 3 young children ) having travelled a considerable distance, asked if we could have complimentary drinks while we waited in the bar. Receptionist was not authorised to agree so we asked her to speak to the manager but were told he was too busy - as it transpired, he was cleaning the rooms as the housekeeping staff had finished for the day! We ordered drinks anyway but on requesting a pint of Guinness, my husband was told there was none as the barrel had run out THE DAY BEFORE and not been replaced! However it was eventually replaced at the request of the bar attendant. We did not succeed in speaking to the manager to ask for complimentary drinks as compensation for our wait. The delay for check-in resulted in us missing the train we wanted to catch into Manchester centre so had to get a later train. Very noisy at night, other guests slamming doors, knocking on doors, talking and laughing well into the early hours. In fact noise didn't abate til about 4.30am. This hotel is obviously popular with stag/hen parties and travellers flying from Manchester airport. Definitely not good for families as we thought it would be. We had booked 2 suites thinking it would be a treat for the family for an overnight stay. Decor rather dated - please get rid of the old jacuzzi baths with over bath showers and replace them with proper shower cubicles! Breakfast was good though and staff very efficient and helpful.

Spacious rooms, comfy bed, good breakfast, ample car parking.

Could do with an upgrade..

When we checked in and arrived in our room, bins weren't emptied from whoever stayed previously. Towels and bath mat were mucky, sink was dirty. Bed sheets were marked and mucky and the carpet was not very clean. We requested an iron through reception and the said the would send one to our room.. half hour past and we had still not received an iron and was running late now so we ordered a taxi and left. Not much of a view and there were cigarette burns in the curtains. We do not smoke so this was a little gross. Saturday night when we returned back at the hotel after our concert, we decided to go to the bar for one drink before bed. The bar man was serving the people next to us but didn't acknowledge that we were there and was serving at such a slow pace that after nearly 10 minutes of standing there, we decided to just go to our room as he clearly didn't want to serve us. The staff were okay but a smile every now and then wouldn't hurt. When booking this hotel, you should be informed that there is a nightclub on site and there is a dress code. We didn't know this coming in and due to the dress code, we almost wasn't allowed in. The hotel is supposed to have 24 hour room service but it doesn't. And when they do food, it's just cold sandwiches. Parking is not very well sign posted. We had to find somewhere to park, not knowing there was a bigger car park around the back. We were given empty sugar packets on our first night and then the second night, they only have us decaf.

The room size was great. Nice and spacious. The nightclub was an interesting twist but the prices were a bit ridiculous. I don't have many nice things to say about this hotel as we didn't have the best of experiences there.

Nightout

Nightclub DJ was awful!just played same music never mixed it for the different age groups in the club.beer was disgusting(looked like water)!was supposed to have a extra bed In room never happend denighed knowledge of the request even showing the screenshots from booking .com.apart from that had a good time hotel really nice.could have done with 2 mugs in a twin room!!just 1 cup with 1 coffee .

Hotel really nice room clean and comfy.

Great Stay and lovely staff.

Some of the bathroom towels could use replacement. They were clean, but some were old and a little worn.

We appreciated the size of the rooms which were large enough to accommodate three people (me, my wife and our 2 year old daughter).

Check in area pleasantly welcoming

We have stayed here on and off for ten years ...It is now terribly run down, since it has been taken over three years ago. EVERYTHING seems to be ‘on the cheap’ I would say the rooms have not been painted in over ten years. Plastic cups replace glass in the bathrooms and our bed didn’t even have a fitted sheet on the mattress?! It is dated and seems now only to attract mid week blue collar workers.

Check in area pleasantly welcoming

Rooms were very big, jacuzzi bath, clean,

Didn’t realise there was a club and it was very very loud, didn’t get much sleep due to loud drunk people all night in corridors and outside.

Rooms were very big, jacuzzi bath, clean,

Beautiful Hotel in lovely setting needs inprovement...!!

# Most of the staff didnt even looked like they wanted to be there let alone do their job at serving you... in the restarant and bar areas. # Need a bit more choice on the menu. # Seems very focus of groups rather than couples as we seem to be forgotten about unless we spoke up in the restarant. # Room service needs a rethink... food cold. # We booked for 2nights and yet housekeeping knocked our door asked when we were leaving so they could clean our room' oversight? or lack of commiuncation?? nobody knew. # Our restavations for restaurant both nights were not in the system, not a problem as table was soon sorted but as we had already paid seems to be very wrong it wasnt booked.

The room excellant. Food was great. The club was brilliant.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The decorations and how comfortable everything felt, the...

How warm it was inside the room , maybe could do with fans in everyroom

The decorations and how comfortable everything felt, the rooms are spacious and clean

Great value for money with great facilities, beautiful building.

I booked this in a rush, so didn't really look at what it had to offer, I just wanted a bed for the night on my travels close to where I was at the time, and not to cost a fortune. I didn't realise it was a party hotel until i checked-in, I thought I'd regret not checking it out properly as I assumed it would be really noisy, but I didn't hear a thing! Place was lovely, room was huge and even though it was hot, a fan was provided so made all the difference. It looks a great place to come and party, so I will definitely return when I'm not working the next time. Fantastic value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very Clean, quiet location.

Temperature in the Bedroom, it was like a furnace - Air Con or at least a fan reqd, Service in the Bar was extremely slow

Very Clean, quiet location. Comfortable Bed, Nice Breakfast

Had a libely stay staff all very friendly and priffesiinal ...

Being charged to use the nightclub even though we were guests at the hotel they javvuzi bath didnt work and they curtains needed replacing as they where ripped and touletries where on pump

Had a libely stay staff all very friendly and priffesiinal we also used room service that was amazing

Bredbury Hall

If you are after a quiet weekend break, be aware that there is night club on site which attracts a lot of hen parties. Which can make the bar area and evening meal time quite noisy.

The King bedroom was a good size, shower was powerful. Bed very comfortable. The 3 course meal was excellent, tasty and plentiful. The buffet breakfast was also very good. Overall I had a very good stay..

50th celebration
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room had a bad smell on arrival; however, we soon rectified this. The hotel and nightclub were EXTREMELY hot and this did spoil our stay slightly.

Staff were fantastic and very helpful. The breakfast was delicious and rooms were spacious and comfortable.

Stressful stay.

Small window for a big room that only opened a fraction and no available fan. People in next room could be heard as if in same room. People drunk and noisy on corridor. Early morning man shouting and kicking door calling someone an 'f***ING slag.'

Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Nice for a short break. Avoid weekends if you like it quiet.
    • Family Room

Not great access for people with disabilities, and the Saturday night was a bit rowdy with a drunken Hen Party (doors slamming at 4.30am and the fire alarm set off).

Nice, clean hotel with friendly staff.

Great value for money.

The breakfast staff were probably the rudest people I've ever come across.

Great value for money. Clean comfortable and spacious. A small bit dated but then again for the price you pay I don't think you can complain.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

We'd recommend Bredbury, and will go again, the price was exceptional.

One small detail, there wasn't any shampoo in our shower? The only other thing was the busy carpet and wallpaper! But, I suppose that's par for an established hotel like Bredbury.

The bed was great, comfortable, we both got a good night's sleep. Very good English Breakfast, and the coffee was great. We arrived about 2a.m. the staff were actually smiling and helpful. Secure parking, and the grounds were wonderful. Our only difficulty was in finding the Bredbury Hotel! If you've never been there (we're from Seattle), and you're arriving from overseas, make sure your google maps/UK are up to date. We hired a car, but we thought our waze or google would guide us ... but we forgot to update that part of our trip!! Bredbury is hidden out of the way, but, lovely, quiet and a wonderful place to stay, we'll go back for sure, we'd recommend this hotel to anyone!

Would go back again.

It was awkward to find as we were using a sat nav and when we ask direction,from a shopkeeper, we were told all sat navy's send you down an impossible lane by car. Once we arrived we were greeted by helpful and pleasant staff.

Helpful staff and the dinner were best. After that the room was very good and larger than in most.

Big rooms, wide corridors, very nice breakfast, oh and great...

Unusual these days not to have a/c in the rooms, was very stuffy but accommodation very nice other than that.

Big rooms, wide corridors, very nice breakfast, oh and great shower.

The large room

The room was incredibly hot and there were no fans available The bathroom sink was dirty and had an old razor cover in there. there was only one bath towel between 2 of us The breakfast was dry Disappointed when on arrival the building look nice

The large room

Wouldn’t be my first choice to stay again.
    • Suite

The rooms looked very dated and could do with a revamp. The kettle was quite stained inside could do with a proper clean, we didn’t use it. The bathroom was massive but again very dated and the bath was badly stained and the frame work was all flakey. Our sink had a large chip/crack in it. The breakfast was very poor, the food was very dry and we were one of the first down and not a huge choice for what you pay. Overall the hotel is quite expensive for what you get.

The size of the room was bigger than expected, and the bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Perfect for the overnight stay I needed during a work trip. Room was a good side, clean and smart.

Had a good nights sleep, but mattress seemed a bit creaky and not very buoyant. Water in rooms would be good, especially as during my visit it was 34’C. Wallpaper was peeling from the wall which took away from the rest of the room which was nice and the lovely ornate bed.

Nice size corner bath and the balcony were lovely. Ornate bed. Breakfast was delicious and levels of food were kept high constantly as staff very attentative. Good value for money. Location lovely and very quiet.

Great hotel even with our issues

We arrived Friday wanted curry but they had stopped serving early so had to go for the set menu the room was so hot you need to put fans in every room we asked for a fan and it was brought up my biggest complaint was our room wasn't made up on the Saturday even though I put the sign on the door not impressed

Room was lovely huge bed and huge bath all the staff are lovely

Cheap and a good location for me

Staff weren't particularly welcoming. Receptionist on check-out was unpleasant. People sat outside the bar until midnight on a Sunday were a disturbance to nearby rooms like mine

Cheap and a good location for me

Despite having a nightclub onsite, it was extremely quiet...

Bar gets very busy as they cater for a lot of hen parties. Some of the younger staff need to work the bar better and a little more diligently but didn’t ruin our stay.

Despite having a nightclub onsite, it was extremely quiet with friendly staff. Rooms where very spacious and comfortable and extremely clean.

Excellent value for prices charged

Service in dining room was a bit slow and the White wine was not sufficiently chilled. I also felt that a bill could have been presented for checking as opposed to 2x Dinners plus wine added to the bill which I received only on checkout. Surely if there is any discrepency the time to sort it out would be in the restaurant as opposed check in when its difficult to prove

Very friendly and helpful staff. Cleanliness of bedrooms

The staff, the food, the price

The rooms are desparately in need of a refurb, clean and tidy enough, just tired. The room was very warm, but fans were provided. I'd definately use this as a base for being close to Manchester

The staff, the food, the price

Size of room and room price on non-weekend days.

Expensive to stay on a Saturday night even though I was staying 6 nights. Bathroom shower wall was badly damaged and needs replacing

Size of room and room price on non-weekend days.

It was great. Many thanks.

Parts of the hotel/room have seen better days. But in no way did it distract from our enjoyment of the place. We would happily go back another time, although perhaps not at the weekend when 'disco mania' apparently takes over.

The hotel reception had made a mistake and booked us a table for 10 people for lunch, When I turned up and went to check it turns out they don't do lunch! However, because it was their error they pulled out all the stops and we all enjoyed lunch after all. It could have been such a disaster but ended up being really nice. Enjoyed also the Indian food in the evening. (There is an English menu available).

Awful

Appalling service with understaffed bar/lounge. Breakfast tablecloth stained, cups dirty. Breakfast staff sneezing on own hand. Rooms stifling hot. Hotel had no fans, even during hottest summer for years. Would never stay here again!

Buildings are nice. Room OK.

Lovely stay.
    • Suite

Hair in the plugholes. Broken lamp in the sitting area. No shelf or hooks in bathroom. Knob missing off drawers.

Comfy beds. Nice fittings and furnishings. Space. Pease and quiet. View and balcony. Night receptionist really obliging.

Superb staff, lovely setting!

The king room was huge and comfortable, although the decor was a little tired, flaking paint, no air con, just a fan in the room. The lack of air con may have been because we were in the oldest part of the hotel (the hall). Weren’t told about free WiFi and there was no information in the room about restaurant opening or check out times.

Staff very welcoming, comfortable bed and pillows. We were given a king room at the rear of the hotel away from the nightclub which worked fine, no noise at all.

Delighted with choice but needs work.

Room overly hot . Towel rail scalding hot. No air con or fan available. Mattresses and pillows need replacing for comfort.

Staff very helpful. Room and hotel beautiful.

Very good stay :)

It was a nice short stay, I didn't expect the club to be there on site! very good idea as of the location there's not much around, but so good for the price we've paid! definitely recommending to anyone

Stayed 2 night and could not fault the entire stay.

If I had to find a fault, the receptionist could have informed us of wifi password, breakfast location, how to gain access to night club. We had to return to reception to ask.

Stayed 2 night and could not fault the entire stay. would stay anytime.

Was not adequate for disabled people

It was supposed to be a wheelchair accessible hotel. This was our main requirement as my father is completely wheelchair bound. As we arrived there was no ramp onto the footpath from the road. If a person on wheelchair is on their own there is no chance of them entering the hotel as the footpath is very high. Not only that, to access the room we had to always wait for staff to bring out manual ramps. On most occasions he would have to wait over 15 minutes for hotel staff to let him in and out. The room was not disabled friendly at all so upon check in I had to reorganize the room so my father can manoeuvre his chair freely. My father is also diabetic, we requested the hotel for sweeteners to replace the sugar, however the hotel response to our request was that they do not stock any sweeteners. I find this completely unacceptable and this experience has ruined our trip. My father was inconvenienced so much and felt dependant. This hotel did not warrant what i paid simply for the fact that its not disabled friendly at all.

The beds were confortable

Enjoyed the time spent there and learning about the history of the building dating back to the 1500’

Not ideal for someone with mobility issues as there were steps and stairs everywhere. Only one room with a walk in shower on the main floor. No air conditioning and not enough fans for every room. Modern reception area was not in keeping with the more classical & elegant style of the rest of the hotel.

Beautiful grounds & building. Great mix of old and new and beautifully decorated public areas. Patio was lovely. Staff very friendly and helpful. Delightful afternoon tea. Beds very comfortable.