Reviews of Harris Guest Accommodation 3 stars

307 Iffley Road, Oxford, OX4 4AG, United Kingdom

#59 of 65 B&Bs and Inns in Oxford

Based on 433 B&B reviews

6.2

Really bad I would not recommend or go back. We couldn’t wait to leave.

There was no-one at the property when we arrived. We rang the number and left a message. A woman came 10 minutes later and was very rude and we felt she didn’t want us there. She gave us a key and then left. The room did not look like the pictures. The curtains were broken and falling off. The pillowcase was ripped and the linen clearly was old. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows had seen better days. The room felt dirty. There was mould in the shower. The shower had a hot water system that was difficult to use and I burnt myself. There was no fan or cooling and we had the windows open for ventilation making it noisy as our room was on the main road.

Good location near a bus stop for buses into centre of town,...

Unfriendly staff, no fan or air conditioning during heat wave made the experience very hot and uncomfortable, especially for the room at the front of the house that receives direct sun till about 9 pm.

Good location near a bus stop for buses into centre of town, parking provided at the back of the house. They arranged an early check-in for us.

it was okay.
    • Family Room

Heating was not available even though it was advertised as heating available and it was a very cold night (they switch this off from March). Bathroom and entrance lights weren't working when we first checked in but was fixed later on that night. Car space was offered but had to park outside because there were maintenance vans parked on our allocated parking space and took up other available spaces.

Convenient location.

Limited help from staff after check-in for ret of the stay. They were not easy to contact to address small issues like a partially blocked shower drain.

Convenient location. Decent sized room

Very basic rooms, no staff on site.

There are no staff at the premises. It appears they do not do breakfast at all despite being called a bed and breakfast. If you arrive late you may be charged extra, a person is dispatched to let you in but they appear to have little interest in your comfort. Our booked family room was not available so they offered us two rooms on separate floors with no apology.

It is convenient for the town center by bus.

High price- low quality.

I asked for a top sheet and blanket and still got a duvet. There was no carpet on the bedroom floor. The television had no signal. There booking in time ended at 7.00 so I had to leave a meeting before the end.

I didn't see s single member of staff.

I didn't see s single member of staff. My room was very dirty. Toilet seat broken and shower too dirty to use. Tiny cups that you couldn't even make a nice tea in. Please do not book this place. It's called a b&b but no breakfast is available.

It was perfect for my needs, and I was very comfortable there.

As it no longer does food, it should be clearer on the Hotel signage.

The bed was amazingly comfortable. I had a room at the back of the house, it was quiet and perfect.

Carefully inquire what they offer and what the downsides are before booking.

The room at the street side is extremely noise due to heavy traffic on Iffley Road and a nearby traffic sign. This should have been indicated on the website. The check in time is indicated as from 3 pm but no staff was around to make that possible.

Very clean.

For a cheap one night stay it did the job, but next time I'll be sure to read the fine print.

The room was not very well laid out and if I was carrying more luggage it would have been stuffed. The lack of onsite staff was also a bit disconcerting and despite calling itself a B&B I had to pick up my own breakfast from the mini-mart.

I liked the flexibility of being able to leave when I wanted and that I could easily get a bus to the town centre. When I read the reviews of this place I feared the worst but actually for the money I paid it did the job.

Ruined our weekend.

No receptionist on duty. Light in bathroom fused but no one to contact to complain. No breakfast on offer despite advertising as b&b. Room inc beds were grubby and cold. No iron available and owner was brusque when asked. Clothes left in wardrobe. Scruffy furniture. Half used shower gel was only 'free toiletries' biscuits and uht milk out of date.

It was on a bus route into town.

Cheap and cheerful.

One of my friends lost his keys and couldn't move his vehicle from the car park. The staff member seemed threatening in his response. He firmly told us that anything that happened to his vehicle was at HIS own risk, which sounded very much like he was going to do something to it even though it was in a car park space and the rest of the car park was empty.

Clean and tidy, good location.

Location quite good, single beds not bad, off street parking...

No breakfast, stale tea & sugar supplied, bathroom had mouldy patches.

Location quite good, single beds not bad, off street parking for rented car a bonus.

Good location and free parking made it a useful base to explore the rest of Oxford.

Television remote control didn't really work and needed to be replaced. Also FreeView needed to be re-tuned to update the listings which are really out of date. But free WiFi means you can use your laptop instead. The en-suite shower room was a bit damp and smelt a bit odd but not the point where it was a big issue. One of the bedside lamps had a loose connection which made me a bit nervous when it buzzed.

Very efficient and friendly check-in with clear instructions; free WiFi was a bonus; room was basic but clean and free parking at the back was a bonus. I didn't stay for breakfast. I didn't see anyone else except for the owners very briefly. Room was warm and the bed was comfortable with extra blankets provided which was good since we had the return of the snow. The house itself is spotless and I imagine in the summer it is really welcoming.

Good clean accommodation but you might have to wait in the rain to check in.

There was no one at the guest house when I arrived - even though I arrived just after 4pm & had filled in the expected time of arrival request. A telephone call brought someone after a 20 minute wait on the doorstep. It was raining. That was the only time I ever saw anyone at the guest house. I was requested to fill in a form, was shown my room & bathroom, given my key & instructed where to leave the key when I left. Everything was done efficiently but without any warmth. This lack of friendly welcome & the fact that I had to wait on the doorstep in the cold was a pity for in all other respects the accommodation was very good. The guest house is situated on a very busy main road, traffic noise can be intense, so if a quiet room is desired that should be taken into account. There is a very convenient bus route into town closeby.

The room in itself was excellent - clean & comfortable even a cosy dressing gown thoughtfully supplied. Bed light plus a light cord for room light conveniently positioned so you dont have to get out of bed to switch room light off.

bathroom needs attention, otherwise value for money
    • Family Room

The bathroom needs attention the basin hot tap was loose. The shower on off pull cord was broken so I had to climb on the toilet to pull it on. The water in the shower was useless and none of the setting worked properly it was either freezing cold or boiling hot. The man who met us was not very friendly I apologized for being late as we took a wrong turn and we were about 20/30 minutes late as we said we would arrive around 3pm which was the earliest we could book in. He showed us to our room answered a few questions I asked and left, I just felt like it was a chore for him and not very welcoming.

The room was clean and tidy, with fresh towels and heating was working fine. Off street parking in the back garden. And good location easy walk to shops pubs and restaurants.

It served its purpose for fair value.

Not much effort to make guests welcome upon arrival which one often finds elsewhere in smaller establishments; the atmosphere seemed more of a boarding house than a guest house. Furniture and fittings somewhat utilitarian.

Perfectly comfortable and adequate for my needs.

Terrible. Very small and uncomfortable. Close to city centre via public transport.
    • Family Room with Bathroom

Very very small for a family of four just one room with 2 single beds and a double bed. No room to even move. Beds were very very uncomfortable. We had to be out all day because there was nowhere to come back and relax.

Close to public transport into city centre.

Overall OK.

The light bulb had gone and central heating wasn't working in the afternoon. I though we'd be fine but it was very cold to be honest. Bathroom way too small.

30 minutes walking distance from the centre and a car park at the back. So that was good.

Cold

No staff at the Hotel if we required assistance, very cold, we had to call to have the heating turned on, when it was snowing and -4 outside, I had a seperate bathroom from my room, which was cold, and the shower took along time to warm up, no breakfast facilities.

Good parking and on a bus route to Oxford, clean

very basic and unfriendly

The person who booked us in was unfriendly and made me feel uncomfortable. The room was very small, and tastelessly decorated with very old mdf 80s furniture. We had to wait 10 mins to be let in. There was one key for the front door and for the room so presumably the same key could also open every room. I didn't feel safe or comfortable.

It was located in the area we needed to be and quite clean.

Never again!

It was bathroom was filthy. There was no one in reception. They never answered the phone on the number they supplied. It was more like a low cost hostel. It was definitely not a guest house. Not worth the money spent.

The only clean thing in the room was the bed linen.

Not impressed and over priced

It was freezing cold and no way to control heating. Room and ensuite shower room have damp and ventilation was awful. Ensuite is really bad for water dripping from ceiling due to lack of decent ventilation and toilet roll was damp in there so take your own plus a space heater definitely needed. No staff seen in or around property after initial check in and the same key used for the communal front door is same key you will use to unlock your room so not sure how secure it really is.

It was near the event we were going to and there's on site parking included in price. The room was a good size

Cheap family room in good location. Lacks warmth.
    • Family Room

Nobody lives on site, so you have to call and give them 20 minutes notice of your arrival - I can imagine this being quite expensive for people coming from abroad, and inconvenient if you don't find out until after you arrive. We checked in at about 4pm and the room was really cold. I turned on the radiators, but the boiler wasn't on so it didn't heat up until later on in the evening while we were out. So it was okay when we came back to go to bed. But some other guests who arrived later must have missed the heating window and ended up having to call the owner to get him to come out. We heard a bit of an argument after he arrived, but the heating did come back on afterwards. My wife couldn't get the shower to warm up at first, but I switched it off and on again at the ceiling switch and it was fine after that. Breakfast is not included. I think you can ask for it and pay extra, but it suited us to head into the city for breakfast - there are lots of nice places to eat. The owner was quite friendly with us. But I wouldn't have booked here if I'd realised before that there was nobody living on site. For me, the point of a B&B is that it is homely, and although this place is obviously a house, it doesn't feel homely or particularly welcoming. But it was cheap, and clean, and a really convenient location.

Good location with parking at rear. Right on the bus route for regular and quick buses into the city centre. We had the family room which had a double bed and two decent sized singles. The bedding all seemed nice and clean, and I found the bed comfortable. We were at the back of the house, so it was away from the main road.

For the price very average.

There was nobody on arrival. Had to wait half an hour for anybody to let me in. The bed was either broken or very,very old. Nobody told me that there was no breakfast on a Sunday. If i had known I would not have booked.

Very nice and clean and well maintained.

Very bad choice, awful service... and now learnt from my mistake. Beware!
    • Family Room

The booking.com website said there was a breakfast... arrived there and turns out there is no breakfast! There is a breakfast room, but no breakfast at all! Check in has to be between 3-7pm. I said I would struggle before 7pm on a Friday evening and was told by a rude man if I don't arrive by then I will not get any keys to the room! Room was okay cleanliness - apart from the mould on the ceiling, and a few marks on the towels and bedding. Bathroom was very small but electric shower worked fine. Parking was good. Staff were very rude. Never in a million years.

Awful!

Terrible welcome (had to wait to be let in and phone number on door was invalid) The made to feel like we'd committed a crime because we were late Then told we should have arrived at 11am, we did ring for an earlier check in but it was 1pm-2pm, woman kept pointing to form to say it was 11am, obviously had been taken down over the phone wrong, possible language barrier as sounded Eastern European Mattress on double be was so hard it might as well have been a slab of concrete and I like a firm bed, but it was ridiculous. I had to climb on the settee in front of the window to hook the curtains up that were hanging off the rails. Rooms smelt damp and as if had been smoked in. The shower was a pathetic dribble

Nothing, only saving grace was the parking at the rear

I won't stay again

Shower didn't work. Curtains didn't close properly. Felt grubby. Breakfast not served until 08:30. Not Ideal if you're away on business. Desperately needs a lick of paint.

Free Parking

B & B that did not serve breakfast.

Bed sheets may not have been cleaned as we found several hairs under the pillow and in the shower. No breakfast at what is advertised as a B&B. No local cafes to est breakfast until 8am opening. Overall a poor standard even for the budget price.

Clean and friendly.

I just need a couple more pillows as they were very flat and only 1.

Clean and friendly. Good location. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment on food. Tea/coffee making in the room. Very happy.

Fine for a couple of nights booked at relatively short notice, overpriced with poor service.
    • Family Room with Bathroom

The shower has dreadful water pressure. Milk provided was two months out of date, no staff to be found. The main room window opens onto the side of a building, while the bathroom window opens into the conservatory.

Large room containing firm, comfortable beds. Large bathroom.

Fortunately we only in our rooms for a very short time.

Person who received us was totally disinterested. Not that I expect a fanfare but a smile might have improved things. Acknowledge it was a relatively cheap place but . . Couldn't pull curtains closed without standing on sofa as hooks did not run along the rail on one side, showers difficult to use as either too hot or too cold. One did not drain and the other the door closed at the top and not the bottom. Wardrobe door slider broken on one side. Felt there was a need for an update. Leopard print quilt cover and grey/white pillows clean but did not help.

Shared areas bright. One of the double rooms was large.

Very disappointed
    • Family Room

Staff terrible from start to finish. No communication. No breakfast even though I emailed to check this was included- didn't bother emailing back and had to drag an apology out of the man when we arrived. Apparently breakfast wasn't on for some reason but no indication of this on the website. On the way to the anti-guest house a man rang to demand when we would be there and promptly put the phone down. Shower didn't work properly-kettle was foul so couldn't make coffee or tea-one bed lamp didn't work. Only one room key and no obvious way of getting back in if key was left in room. No one available to talk to about problems. Finally saw someone on last day but didn't speak English at all well - despite the website saying "we speak your language" - is this supposed to be a joke! No breakfast available so on our departure day asked to leave car in car park for 1 hour so we could get breakfast up the road but flatly refused. Would never stay here again with these people running it. Cannot recommend.

Very suitable, no problems or issues.

Though we knew it when we booked, adding a continental breakfast would be a good addition for the property, though there was a convenience store half a block away.

Very much as advertised. Clean and comfortable.

Spoilt our stay in Oxford which was otherwise lovely.

The room was very shabby and furniture worn and old fashioned. Staff unfriendly, we had to phone to be let in and had to wait. And no option for breakfast which is appalling since I have 3 hungry little kids!

Large bathroom

Never ever again.

Dust and dirt under the beds and between all furniture. Cobwebs. No fresh fruit at breakfast. The 3 stars for the hotel were received 7 years ago. Too expensive for what is offered.

Good parking place.

An unpleasant stay wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

Had to wait 10 minutes to be let into property as no one there! Had to call the owner to let us in then give my driving license no as security which I wasn't happy about. Only 1 pillow each but couldn't be bothered to ring again to ask for more. Practically accused of stealing a set of keys in the morning when we left the 1 set we were given by the cleaner who demanded we were given 2 sets! Very hard uncomfortable beds.

The close proximity to town and having the bus stop just up the road.

The receptionist is really cold, and unfriendly in a sense.

The receptionist is really cold, and unfriendly in a sense. I called the number twice with only voice mail. When the receptionist arrived, it seemed that i owed her millions of dollars and she complained about our late arrival. I had to pay for the two kids accomodation fee, which is 40 pounds altogether, much higher than the normal standard. I would definitely not choose this guesthouse and would not recommend anyone to live here.

Close to a good gastro pub.

Very small room and shower. No one there to open door and my phone wasn't working to call the number on door when we arrived.

Close to a good gastro pub.

A room for 3 left a lot to be desired - no space for...

A room for 3 left a lot to be desired - no space for anything and when we got home late and in the rain we found our room window had been open all day - bad security .

Close to the city center (5min by car)

Nobody was there when we arrived Our room was on the front of the house with a lot of traffic. So really noisy. Breakfast not included.

Close to the city center (5min by car) The room was clean

Customer service fail
    • Family Room with Bathroom

Proprietor was absent when we arrived; note on door provided a number. We happened to have procured a British cell that day or we would have had to walk blocks (to a store or pub) to make a phone call. Fifteen minute wait, no apology, no welcome, no assistance - just "pay the bill, here's your room." The airline subsequently delivered a bag that missed an interim flight; it arrived earlier than scheduled, we were at dinner, and we missed the calls. We returned as the driver pulled away and immediately were screamed at by both the proprietor and presumably the spouse. I have never been berated in such an unprofessional and hostile manner. I reimbursed the proprietor for what he claimed was cab fare to travel from his home to the guest house to take the delivery (which we'd flagged upon our arrival). That unpleasant interaction spoiled the evening. Aside from towels so worn that it was like drying off with sandpaper, the facilities otherwise were satisfactory.

Bedroom (triple) was satisfactory. Facilities overall were clean. Proprietor was present the morning we left, called us a private cab.

Find somewhere else to stay

Staff extremely rude, tried to extort additional money from us for "cleaning" after we left. Stay here at your own peril. Showers didn't work, no hot water or water pressure. Had to wait 30 minutes until they arrived to let us in, even though they said they would be 5 minutes.

Overpriced

You cannot use the shower. It is either BOILING hot - to the point that it is seriously dangerous - I wouldn't put children near this. Or FREEZING cold. No in between. The curtains are not black out which is also a problem.

Comfortable bed

Nobody at property on arrival. Had to phone and sit on doorstep 10 minutes. Bathroom private but not en suite Shower ran hot and cold. Mostly cold

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Sorry to tell that the behaivor of the lady that is working...

Hi , im so sorry to tell that from the first day as i reached to this guest house i was waiting more than one hour behind thedoir. No body was niether openong the dooe nor replying to the phone. There was a breakfast room but never served any breakfast due no body was thete. The last day i collected my luggage and intended to put my luggage with the reception or in luggage room but again no body appeared. I cheched out at 12.30 and now found out that they have charged me for one more night ? I donot recommend for any body to go to Harris guest houst. It is a horrible memory.

Sorry to tell that the behaivor of the lady that is working there is so impolite and rude .

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Satisfactory for one night.

External appearance tatty and dirty. No one on site to greet me. Payment taken in advance of my stay. It was difficult to close the curtains due to Sliders jamming on the Track Support Brackets.

Bed was comfortable. Room well equipped and En-suit shower very good. Arrival outside their designated time accommodated.

Don't stay here
    • Family Room with Bathroom

Staff were extremely rude, unhelpful, unwelcoming and absent, we found a bug in the bed, too small for 3 people, rubbish found in room, beds unmade, could hear all noises from room next door and above us. A very unpleasant stay. Would never recommend it to anyone. Lack of amenities...no fridge, tissues, shampoo, etc. Online photos don't match the reality, garden unruly and room not as presentable as photos suggested.

Free Wi-Fi

Disgusting bathroom clog in family room ruined our stay!
    • Family Room

In the family room there was a major clog in the bathroom shower. the water level would raise up to 5cm, and the person taking a shower would have to feel the water soaking their feet. We would have contacted a member of staff if we had seen one. During our 2 day stay we only saw a member of staff once during check in. Unfortunately the bedroom doesn't have curtains that will keep the light out of the bedroom in the early morning, which tô me is a inconvenience.

Bedroom clean enough (as it should be), comfortable beds. This guest house will charge you £10 for breakfast 😳 I didn't see anyone eating it, but there is a small market just around the corner if needed.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

An average quest room with good connection to center of Oxford

Lot's of little details, which could have been done better, especially in the bathroom. The shower-system was rather bad with insufficient water pressure and very challenging temperature control as well as the sink was very small without any room or hangers for your equipment. The price/quality of the breakfast was less than average (although there were enough to eat), and the breakfast tableware was a bit out-dated (eg. broken and leaking coffee-pot). The house itself was rather humid and cold (in the beginning of May), although during night the radiator was working and making the room itself at least warm enough. As a summary, by improving several little details (which wouldn't cost much), the place would turn to be much nicer easily. But I quess it would lose its specific "British character" then...

Tidy place, good connection to center by bus, cozy environment, couple of pubs and shops nearby. Breakfast didn't let you hungry.

Not a place we would recommend
    • Family Room

Shower did not work, so we could not take a needed bath, and at 9,30 PM in the evening we did not do anything about it, since there is no staff at the place. Under the sheet in bed was very dirty and filled with hairs. Bathroom did not smell nice and had mould. One of the towels was dirty and looked like it had not been changed from the previous guest. The cupboard behind the mirrow in the bathroom was very dirty with old toothpaste and soap. The closet in the bedroom was not clean and had dirt inside.

Breakfast was OK and freshly cooked. Walking distance to the city.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Definitely wouldn't stay again!

I do not unnecessarily want to berate the owners of this business but, the level of accommodation offered here is well below standard. I stayed as part of a group who had booked other rooms in the guest house for two nights to attend a wedding. Everyone in the group felt disappointed by the low standard accommodation and actually couldn't wait to leave. The furniture in the guest house is cheap and dated. The majority of the flooring is cheap,sticky laminate, bring your slippers! The bed felt like compacted hard sponge. The curtains were falling off the rails. The shower pressure was barely strong enough to wash the shampoo out of your hair. We additionally had to let other members of our group use our shower as they did not have hot water and were told off for not showering prior to 11:00 am, as stated we had a wedding that afternoon. Breakfast was £10 pound per person for a few options. The group selected the full English breakfast which consisted of an egg, a spoon or two of beans, piece of bacon and one very pale sausage which I couldn't eat, as I suspected it wasn't fully cooked. We had an old cafetière that was broken and leaked across the table. In all, the experience of staying here was depressing and I would strongly recommend staying elsewhere. I suspect that the accommodation is used by members of the public and service users. This review is meant to be constructive and not to enter into an argument with the owner of the business. The guest house is well located to the city centre but really needs investment to bring it up to standard. The hairdryer surprisingly was good, but that's as far as the compliments go I'm afraid.

The hairdryer in the room was about the only good thing.

Avoid this guest house - stay at the nearby travel lodge!

Hard to know where to start. No hot water, beds were beyond uncomfortable, breakfast was shocking and the owner was unbelievably rude. I honestly wouldn't recommend this guesthouse to anyone...

Location was good, on site parking is available and the room was clean... these are literally the only positives.

Would not recommend
    • Family Room with Bathroom

Facilities were very poor - no hot water in the morning, toilet plumbing not working, mattress extremely hard and uncomfortable, breakfast not worth the money and other guests were very noisey. Overall very disappointing even for a budget b&b. Would not recommend!

Location was good.

Lovely guest house
    • Family Room

My only issue was the Shower temperature was difficult to control. Either very hot or cold. Only minor though as there was plenty of hot water

Owner was very friendly. Room was big enough for a family of four. Nice and quiet so young kids slept well.

Offered to take me to the town center of Oxford for 10£,...

Offered to take me to the town center of Oxford for 10£, weird thing is that my taxi from the train station (in the town center or maybe further)costed only 7.8 £.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

average stay

bed I found uncomfortable as too firm Didn't see any staff other than the day we booked in(had to leave a note about a dodgy plug) We didn't have breakfast as wasn't given as option when we booked and when we arrived was told it would cost £10. Choices were displayed informally on a board(I thought £10 was way too much and we got it locally for less)

quiet room cleaned well

Chilly!

Very cold on arrival at 3pm, informed that the heating would be on by 5pm. Still cold when returned from an outing around 10pm. 'Phoned owner and left a message to switch heating on. Heating came on in our room, but not in our daughter's room- which we didn't realize until we saw her and her friends the next morning. Stayed here last year, didn't have this problem.

Clean.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

I will not ever use that place neither would recommends it to any one.

Only I might say the bed

There was no breakfast served although it meant to be included the owner was so blunt and dull rather on the rude side abd claimed that the breakfast not on the list of of any bookings.She asks us to pay an additional price of 10£ per a head if we want any breakfast in the morning. The room was freezing cold and when we called her husband tolds us that it is timed for 06:00pm, we struggled to keep warm since we were arrived at 03:00pm until after seven in the eavning. In fact went to bed to stay warm.

Good location and comfortable room!!!

No muy lejos del centro de la ciudad, sobre 20-25 andando. Zona tranquila. La habitación suficiente, sin lujos pero confortable. It is located quite near the city centre, around 20-25 minutes walk. Pretty quite area. The bedroom's without luxe but comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Had higher expectations.

*Notified the host of my estimated time of arrival. When I arrived on time there was no one to receive me after ringing the bell. Waited for 8 minutes before calling the number of the guesthouse. Despite telling me she would come shortly, it took the host another 10 minutes to invite me in. It was cold. *Toiletries did not include toothpaste, had to run to the co-op at night to procure toothpaste. *Despite being advertised with bathroom/toilet, I was put into Room 1 which did not come with an en-suite toilet. Instead there was a "private bathroom" located along the corridor. I was not notified of that in advance and it was pretty inconvenient. *The location is also not particularly convenient. Prepare to walk.

*Beds were comfortable. *Housekeeping lady was friendly and polite. *Room was cosy

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Good, but still space for improvements

Rubbish behind the bed. Bathroom door had a loose door handle. So you need somebody to shut the door from outside. Heating on from 6pm. We had to wait for check in, even though we informed them what time we will arrive. We were there on time.

Lovely, big blanket and cup set. Nice room and decorations.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

I would not recommend it.

Very cold room, when we arrived the heating was off and the room was extremely cold, around 6pm the heating was on. When came back to the room at night the heating was off again and it was freezing cold. There was no heating or radiator at the bathroom and again it was extremely cold. It was very unpleasant staying at Harris Guesthouse because of the low temperature of the bedroom and bathroom.

Fairly good size, comfortable bed, good location.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

The bed was like sleeping on a park bench hard as. The shower was below average no water pressure and would stick to a temperature. Did not really attempt to make the bed was just thrown on as I had left it

Won't be going back

No-one there when we arrived - we had to call and wait 5-10 minutes on the doorstep for them. Having given all our information on-line had to fill in a form with the same details. The member of staff was not very friendly - very off-hand and matter-of-fact. We assumed breakfast was included, but it wasn't - we were offered it at £10 a head, and we glad we didn't when we saw what people had. The room was tiny. It was just completely functional and in no way an enjoyable experience.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Room was cold, Administration issues,

Room was so much cold and the heating system was working just for specific hours. I don't know the timings because according to schedule heating system start at 9:00 pm but till 11:30 pm no heating was there, might be in the midnight. No one is available on the reception to guide you about any query. One thing was amazing for me , I was travelling from Italy and due to heavy traffic load in London i was one hour late from my estimated arrival time. I reached around 8:00 pm, and when i opened my email i found one email from Guest house administration in which mentioned after 9:00 pm they will not accept my arrival, although i have paid full amount at the time of booking, and there was clearly mentioned i can make check in between 3 to 10 pm.

The apartment was clean and well managed.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Great overnight stay

Wish we'd had a bit more time in our schedule to enjoy the freshly cooked breakfast.

A very friendly welcome - the first time I've ever travelled outside of Wales and had the owner greet and converse with us in Welsh during check-in. The place was really clean and comfortable. The owner & staff very flexible, allowing us to leave the car after checkout whilst we did some sight seeing, and helpfully advising us about traffic and roadworks so we could get to an early interview in good time. WiFi worked well. Shower, TV, kettle, coffee & biscuits first-rate!

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

The variety of breakfast cereals and sausage
    • Family Room

The pancakes were hard The heater was not working properly the first night, the staff was helpful but unable to resolve the issue, hence we had to bear with the cold for the night

The variety of breakfast cereals and sausage

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Warm and Welcome - perhaps not as suitable for babies

Not AS suitable for babies as i would have liked, as had to share a bed with baby and toddler. BUT, there is a sofa bed and the rooms are spacious.

The owners were very kind and helpful - no faults at all. We felt secure and comfortable. It's near to Oxford Centre, and you can walk it if you want, but there is a bus every 10 minutes. Rooms are cosy and clean.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Rude and exploitative.

Having agreed parking throughout my checkout day, they've charged £30. Bedding and mattress smelt stale, and too thin for winter. Heating centrally turned off from 9 ish so cold in my room first thing and upon my return in the day. Manager rude to me, and about her staff.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Not worth the money....

there was no heater.. or rather the heater was not working or working very poorly. We were freezing throughout the nite.. Not worth the amount we paid for..

I like the location....and room facilities are alright.. It was clean.. I like that.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Bitterly Disappointed

Bitterly disappointed with this place. Upon arrival, there was no one to let us in (we did inform in advance) that we would arrive early (11am) and they said we could leave our luggage. On top of that, no one initially picked up the phone for 10 minutes. The receptionist was rude when she finally came. We also found that our heater in the room wasn't working at all. The room was freezing. Seems like the heater was set on a timer and we couldnt control it. Paying £76 and not receiving heating is terrible. There was also no instruction on how to get hot water in the shower.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Very clean and friendly staff

It was cold (heating not on until quite late in the afternoon). No rad in shower room so that was particularly cold. Double bed only had three pillows and no spare in wardrobe.

The place was very clean and the staff friendly. Breakfast was cooked to order and served with a smile. Parking was available and free (would have been good to have directions to carpark on booking confirmation as not obvious.)

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

The lady cleaning the rooms was polite and courteous.

No customer service, breakfast not included in the price although advertised as included. No iron and cold reception from the staff.

The lady cleaning the rooms was polite and courteous.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Good value and location

room was a bit cold. velux skylight windows so probably difficult to keep warm

Good value, parking, near bus stop for the centre of Oxford (so didn't need to use our car).