Reviews of Brisbane House Hotel 3 stars

14-16 Greenock Road, Largs, KA30 8NE, United Kingdom

#13 of 19 hotels in Largs

Location excellent pity its tired
    • Small Single Room

The bed on room 208 was uncomfortable. However, the bed in 108 was comfortable. Was quite surprised that when I informed the reception that the ceiling lights in the room only stayed on for 30 second, they told me that they knew about the problem and were awaiting replacement lights. One morning when having breakfast the man at the next table complained that he found a piece of glass in his breakfast. Although the staff replaced his breakfast they only said that the chef did not know how it got there. Not very apologetic! It was obvious looking around the place that general maintenance was not high on their priority list - looked tired and uncared for

The rooms were reasonably clean and the breakfast was good.

Although super location wouldn't return .

I was sharing with my friend and we were given what I would consider to be a single room . A small double bed, room with no AC and unable to open the window enough. Over the kitchens do smell and noise from early morning . Decor definitely needed revamp.However huge shower room/ toilet modern and very clean but only one towel !

I loved the public areas and the hotel entrance/staircase. The terrace and windows had a beautiful aspect. Staff were very friendly and helpful .

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The breakfast was really nice and we had lovely views of the...

Room 115. The room was very small for £84 for one night during the week. Room was too warm and opening the window only created constant noise from what I assume was a generator of some kind outside. I've never stayed in a hotel where the bed is 2 feet away from the room wall which seperates the room from the hotel corridor. The room was booked as a treat for my girlfriend and I but she had to leave the room and go home at 2:30am as she couldn't stay in the room any longer due to the heat and noise, luckily she lives in Largs. I'm not the kind of person to complain about things like this but when my girlfriend came back to have breakfast with me in the morning she did complain and the receptionist took her number for the hotel manager to call her, we're still waiting for that. I know there are much nicer rooms in the hotel but we could have stayed in a Travelodge or Premier Inn for half the price we paid for the Brisbane House and the room would have been just as nice. Disappointing.

The breakfast was really nice and we had lovely views of the sea during breakfast. Good selection of cereals, fruit, yoghurts etc from the buffet section and the cooked breakfast was great. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

Poor
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Rude staff. Had a wedding that started at 2pm in the hotel and was a guest of the hotel and wedding. Had to pay £20 for an early check in because the check in was also 2pm, the receptionist said this fee couldn’t be waived even though I was coming down to be a guest of the hotel to spend my money. There was also no comunication from the receptionist about the check out times or breakfast. Disappointing experience as a wedding guest

Perfect location, lovely rooms.
    • Small Single Room

bed was two singles pushed together so not particularly comfortable.

Perfect location, lovely rooms. Check in lady was lovely, staff at breakfast were very nice. Good breakfast.

Surprise night away
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Lovely location , food very nice ,staff could not do enough, hotel has been refurbished since we were there last all in all we would highly recommend this hotel.

Convenient location, approachable friendly staff and felt like home from home.

Sea front location which just could not have been better. Staff friendly and helpful. Food both in the restaurant and breakfast was 1st class. We only stayed 1 night as we were touring the east coast we were not disappointed.

ok
    • Executive Double Room

There was no shower cap in the bathroom, the breakfast is pretty poor. Did not like the room where the breakfast was set, needs to be a little bit more welcoming. No croissants, pastries or bigger variety of cereals in the morning. Morning juices are not fresh, probably from concentrate, was really disappointed with my stay for the price I paid for an executive room. Big improvement needed.

Decoration in the executive room is nice, room is very spacious and clean

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Not worth the money
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The sheets were dirty, hair in the bathroom in and around the sink also around the toiet, customer service very poor, breakfast very greasy and no view and was told we would have a very. Would not recommend for the price

The look of the hotel on the outside and in the lobby

I like this hotel very much, great views, clean modern rooms, breakfast could be bit better.
    • Small Single Room

You could still hear noisy music on the top floor during the wedding celebration (unusual a wedding on a Sunday evening) but it quietened down about 11.30p.m. Didn’t enjoy breakfast very much although adequate. Beans seemed reheated and found the toaster hard to work. Last time I stayed in October 2017 there was smoked salmon on the breakfast menu but not this time, so that was a disappointment. Other receptionist not as friendly when I phoned the evening before my stay.

I was upgraded from a single room to double with view on top floor (2nd floor) as there was a wedding on. It was a lovely modern, spacious room and bathroom/shower. Comfy bed and great sea view looking over to Cumbrae and Bute while sitting on relaxing chairs at a little table by the window. A very considerate, friendly staff receptionist carried my trolley case to my room for me. I have stayed in a single room before and although small it was very modern and clean. Always plenty tea, coffee and biscuits. I will certainly be back and recommend this hotel to others but just check for weddings when booking, as you are bound to find the music noisy.

We had a lovely stay and will definitely go back.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The breakfast was lovely with a good choice would have preferred a fresh pot of tea rather than a flask of tea and coffee for everyone to help themselves to.we

The size and comfort of the room and the lovely view from the bedroom and the terrace.

Great area for walking and exploring. So nice to return to welcoming, peaceful surroundings.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Couple of very cool showers!

Location is excellent. Staff at reception informative and very, very helpful. They dealt immediately with the hot water problems.

A very pleasant hotel for a night stopover between visits to different islends in the Firth of Clyde

There was a problem with the shower in our room which only dispensed luke-warm water, which only came to light in the morning.

We were particularly impressed by the helpfulness and obliging nature of the breakfast waitress.

Brisbane house hotel

Uncomfortable bed, weak shower, toilet seat broken, noisy, window didn't close properly so noise from air con outside.

Beautiful decor and setting. Friendly and very helpful staff.

Our stay in the Brisbane House Hotel was extremely comfortable and enjoyable.
    • Executive Double Room

I liked everything about this hotel. The hotel has an ideal location close to the seafront and all the amenities of the town. We had a nice big bedroom with a spa bath and a lovely sea view. All the staff were very friendly and we enjoyed all the food we ate in the hotel restaurant.

We will be going back as soon as we can we would also tell our friends about the hotel
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The hotel is very good clean and tidy the staff are very good and friendly the hotel is located in the right place also near the town the meals were good also the only down side was the napkins were very cheap for the size of the place

Located perfectly for the town.

Would have been nice to have a fan in the room due to the hot weather. With some inventive wedging open of the doors and windows we got the room temperature down.

Located perfectly for the town. Great car park for our bikes. Breakfast was good.

Had 3 rooms booked and we all had lovely time.
    • Small Single Room

Room v warm with no fan or air con.

Staff v. friendly and helpful. Lamps not coming on in room but were sorted very quickly once I asked. Breakfast lovely. Views across the bay beautiful.

Overall, a nice place to stay. I look forward to staying again, and being in a different room.

My room was very small. If it had been £70/80 per night, then OK, but for £100, I felt it was too much. No desk area and bed felt too big for the room. Extractor not working in bathroom. Made a lot of noise, but extracted no air, so it was stuffy and ceiling has mould marks. A couple of other maintenance issues with room. View was out over ventilation and extract ducting which were unsightly and noisy. I had to keep windows firmly closed, and that made the room really hot.

Car park, hotel entrance and reception areas are excellent. Breakfast was really nice. All staff helpful and friendly. Fantastic location.

Room for improvement
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The lady at reception was neither welcoming nor friendly neither upon our arrival nor departure and I still do not understand why we could not be given a table at the window in the restaurant for dinner. Breakfast was very slow to start and staff at breakfast was not very attentive. The property does not have a lift which is highly uncomfortable for elderly guests and those with luggage.

Our room with a slice of sea view was ok and so was our bathroom. Centrally located in Largs and relatively quiet at night despite the main road.

Excellent stay
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

No air con which wouldn’t normally be a problem in Scotland but this weekend was very hot and room was too hot although I realise it would have been just as problematic if we had been at home.Would not put me of booking here again.

Lovely hotel in great location

On the whole an enjoyable stay, but cold showers!!!!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

No hot water on morning of departure, 24 June, had to shower and shave in cold water., Apparently boiler trouble, the hotel should have multiple boilers This put a damper on our stay.

Staff were very helpful, friendly and efficient. View from room was excellent. Facilities were clean.

Short break in Largs
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Receptionist who booked us in was very aloof, unfriendly and dismissive and would benefit from customer service training.

Cooked breakfast. Size of room and view.

Poor by booking .com
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Booking .com when I serch for a hotel for 2 people and I choose a Twin room it don't expect When I go to be told it's for one person. I phoned the hotel 2 days before my mother went and asked for it to be paid on my card, when my mother arrived she was told it wasn't paid and it was for one person.

Hotel was lovely clean and well located.

We were really impressed that we got what we hoped we'd paid for.
    • Executive Double Room

There was nothing not to like.

We were impressed with our room which was large, comfortable, clean and gave us a wonderful view over the Clyde. The bathroom / shower room was excellent and beautifully lit. We'd particularly like to commend Nicola in the restaurant and Ashleigh in reception who were exceptionally welcoming and helpful. Well done. The breakfast was excellent and the dinner menu was simple but appealing. The food was delivered hot and promptly. Well done again. A most enjoyable short stay.

Great location!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I had asked for a room with a bath but unfortunately we did not get one. The bed was very very hard. Breakfast was ok, but tea and coffee pre-made and in flasks so was very strong, warm and tasted a bit funny.

Great Location. Very spacious room with sea view.

Will go back as 2 day were great but the Fri stay just not whe there is a function on.
    • Small Single Room

There was a function on that night and hotel was full with all the guests attending and a lot of them in my corridor. Came back after being out and the corridor was very loud with guests coming and going doors banging this went on until function started which was worse as my room was above function, I had a full band and disco in my room till above 12am that's what it sounded like, eventually got to bed but at 2am in morn was woken up with loud banging on doors extended party in corridor loud voices doors banging til 5am, I just felt like leaving as early as I could no sleep didn't have breakfast so tired just left did say to receptionist before I left.

I was there for 2 days in a large double with sea view, loved it, breakfast was lovely and the young girl serving hot breakfast was very nice. So it set me up for the day ahead, so was enjoying my stay so booked up for 1 more day which was a Friday managed to get a room which was the last in hotel so had to move and was smaller with no sea view but wasn't a problem, but ended up being.

First 2days great as always but my last a Friday stay not so.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

There was a function on in the function suite below me with band and disco and they would have been as well playing in my room the noise from it was ridiculous till at least 12AM and a lot of the guest at function were staying in the hotel especially in my corridor so they came back at 2am and thought ok to bang on doors and extend party in the hallway outside my door banging doors continuously to 5am in the morning. Been to the Brisbane House many times and loved but I certainly won't if on weekends if there's a function on,was so tired in morning didn't have breakfast just wanted to get back home to sleep.

I was there for 2days in a sea view room which was very nice and enjoyed my stay so decided to stay on for one more so asked if I could and got the last room left as it was a Fri but had to change room to a quite small one with no sea view but none the less very nice and was no problem till later on at night.

Great location, well worth the price, would come again.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

this was a last minute booking for an overnight, room we go a room that overlooked the sea,. Hotel within walking distance of the ferry port to Millport and to the town centre. Ate out at night but had breakfast in the morning. Buffet style for fresh fruit cereals and cheeses, also you could have coffee and tea as the individual cup or wait for pots to be brought to your table. The cooked breakfast that came was excellent, the usual full cooked breakfast, or mini breakfast was served to you by the staff , who asked you for your preference as apposed to bringing everything on offer out on a plate. Would fully recommend a stay at this Hotel

Lovely location

The bathroom radiator was stuck on. It was 24 degrees outside ! Could do with a good clean the lights heading up to the first floor are filthy as was the valance sheet on the bed and skirting with big black marks.

Fabulous location

Had a really fab time sitting out side for a coffee and in the evening a wee drink watching the sun

It was so warm in the room we could have done with a fan ,as there was no phone in the room we couldn’t phone reception so we had to open the windows to the wall and remove the duvet from it’s cover to try and get some sleep.

The location is very good and is right on the front overlooking the water. Within walking distance to the center and ferry crossing to Millport worth a visit . Staff are very helpful and food also very good .

The service in the restaurant and breakfast room was good,...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

No air con in the room, when I called reception for a fan there was confusion over if there was one available or not. Person on reception suggested I collect it, thought considering the sweltering heat it would have been better to offer to have it brought up. Result was that room was far too warm and uncomfortable to sleep in even with the fan on, very restless night. Sound proofing between rooms not great either, we could hear a couple arguing next to us almost word for word.

The service in the restaurant and breakfast room was good, very friendly.

Noisy tanks room

The fact that the room had a window that looked out to massive tanks. We asked could we change and told no. At night we couldn’t sleep for the humming and droning of the machines. Reception looked sheepish morning said should have been turned off - but didn’t offer Any compensation. We couldn’t open the windows even though te Room far too hot because of the noise. We didn’t sleep at all. We are elderly and didn’t expect this for our holiday .Will be formally complaining.

Location was good

Great stay will Defo be back

The hotel not having a lift did not realise when I booked having had a recent knee replacement the stairs were quite a challenge staff very helpful with bags on check on thou Outside patio to the front needs weeding and tables cleaned dark brown wicker chairs need replacing ASAP not very pleasant sitting on them after breakfast

Staff were very helpful and polite nothing was to much trouble food was fab room suitable for our needs location second to nun wedding planer is a jem

Absolutely wonderful from start to finish
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

No air con in room, On a hot day rooms really need this

Room was lovely as were staff and everything else about the property, would benefit greatly from air conditioning in bedrooms though. Would definitely stay again :)

Eventful, but not in a good way.

Couldn’t get into the hotel at the front due to a wedding party. Was taken through a staff area by a staff member as the photos were going on for the wedding group. Then I was given a glaring look for entering reception via the staff door by a receptionist! There was no other way in, so what could I have done? The night’s sleep was disrupted by some really awful guests but they and their behaviour were not your fault. Next time it might be easier to kick out the trouble-makers and have fewer guests to appease the next morning?

Lovely, sunny, outside terrace with sea view which sadly we...
    • Executive Double Room

Lovely, sunny, outside terrace with sea view which sadly we were not allowed to eat dinner on. Unfortunately meant we had to go and eat somewhere else instead to enjoy the fantastic weather.

Second stay, not as good as the first but won't let it put me off going back
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

The room we had was very noisy from 6.30am onwards due to being next to a large water tank.

Love the location and smooth check in and parking facilities.

Staff very friendly and helpful but Hotel grossly overpriced

Overpriced especially when room offered on arrival could barely accommodate a double bed and the noise generated by air conditioning units was unbearable.

The bed was very comfortable and the location excellent.

I would not stay at this hotel again

I stayed in a single room and the back of the hotel no outlook. I had no sleep that night as I could hear a noise from a generator or something through out the night. Breakfast in the morning was not great poor quality bacon and sausage. Tea/ coffee not freshly made it was in a self serving urns. My room was clean but very date could do with updating

Brilliant
    • Executive Double Room

Girls took quite a while to come back over to see if we wanted more drinks with dinner.

Location was fab and the room was a good size, the spa bath was amazing.

Nice view and great breakfast.

The wedding function.

The hotel and staff were great! The wedding function was the issue for me. The guests were very rough, swearing and drinking wine straight from the bottles. We left hotel and went out for dinner to get away from this. So no I wouldn't come back here again if there was a wedding on.

It was a comfortable stay with a very pleasant atmosphere.
    • Small Single Room

Room was clean and everything provided. One shortcoming was carpet was not vacuumed every day - had crumbs under my bare feet, but chambermaid was pleasant.

Breakfast had lots of variety and value for the cost of the room (£55 special rate), and staff were extremely polite and attentive. Receptionist came to my room less than half an hour when I had a problem turning on shower.

Location was great and the night porter was very friendly,...
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Bed mattress was mega spongy, reception staff were not very friendly and lunch was quite disappointing.

Location was great and the night porter was very friendly, helpful and cheerful. Breakfast was really nice and the breakfast waitress was really friendly.

Elegant, well-located and with superb staff the Brisbane House Hotel was perfect for my purposes.
    • Small Single Room

I found the staff at the Brisbane House Hotel to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. And the location is ideal; wonderful sea views and within easy walking distance of the town centre.

Excellent hotel, well-sited and a genuine pleasure to stay at.
    • Small Single Room

No negatives from my viewpoint.

Superb hotel with excellent friendly staff, good size bar and dining area, with a view directly over to the isle of Great Cumbrae featuring some amazing sunsets. Large parking area to the hotel frontage.

Excellent hotel overlooking the sea. I will definitely go back for a longer stay.
    • Small Single Room

The hotel was spotless and well presented. The bedrooms had everything you could need, including tea, coffee and biscuits. The restaurant food was good and there was a wide variety of food at breakfast. Hot food was cooked to order. The staff were fantastic - welcoming, pleasant and helpful at all times.

I would not stay in this room again

See above

As usual single rooms located out of the way. Had to keep the window closed because of noise from outside ( ? Fans from kitchen or ? Air con unit) Mattress hard. Bathroom : total lack of any fittings so everything had to be on floor. No towel rail, toilet roll holder, shelf over sink or in shower cubicle. As a well travelled elderly person I found this a real inconvenience. The staff were delightful and facilities and food good

Considering the hotel had been renovated it still needs improvements
    • Small Single Room

Portion sizes of food inconsistent despite us all having the same food. Stayed in 2 different rooms and first room bed very uncomfortable and very creaky and so was the floor. There was a screw lying on the bath room floor and the pressure for the shower was not there.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Food was very tasty.

Great service, impressive views and amazing experience!
    • Small Single Room

I regret that I didn't ask for a room with a seaside view, but as the room was only for sleeping, I was able to live with this... :-)

The end to end experience was excellent. My objective was to do some work in the morning and during the day and to get some leisure in the afternoon and the evenings... In the morning the breakfast was a great experience with plenty of choice and excellent quality. During the day I worked in the restaurant with a great view on the beach and the river Clyde and I had lunch with plenty of choice of fresh meals. On a daily basis I made a walk of 1 to 2 hours with variations of walking by the seaside and going up the hill which gives the most impressive views. In the evening I went in the town of Largs which was at 10 minutes walking distance with ample choice of restaurants and bars.

Had a lovely stay and would def come back
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Pillows . They were tiny.

Staff were so friendly and helpful. Food was amazing and plenty of it. Views are stunning. Reception ladies are helpful and welcoming. Esp Fran. We had a lovely stay and would def recommend it.

Mediocre as expected.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel was renovated years ago. And our room #204 was pretty sad. Wallpaper peeling off wall, bathroom fixtures missing. No decent soap or amenities in bathroom. Pillows flat as pancakes. Beds ok . View was nice from room: but very cold winds made corridors freezing. No elevators. We were on second floor and could barely get our suitcases upstairs. Breakfast ok but sad.

Location only thing. No other reason anybody would stay there.

Liked the Hotel but rooms were terrible and not worth the money.

The shower in my room did not work.i had a water stain in on my ceiling.i was abke to write my name on the table for cleaner to see how dusty it was.i paid £110 for 1 night not happy

The hotel staff were great and the location is great

Nice comfortable hotel with a friendly atmosphere
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The window in the bedroom had a gap down the side could see day light through it,had to tell reception, wind was blowing in, all thay could do was put tape on it, surely the room was checked before we got there, no pressure in the taps in the wash basin

The view from the room excellent, bathroom spacious, bed comfortable, staff friendly, good car park,liked the breakfast room

Good location and reasonably priced for a short break

Restaurant service in the evening was a bit slow but it was very busy so perhaps expected

Very good food in pleasant surroundings - great location and adjacent car park very useful

Great location and clea

Wedding party went on until gone midnight. Not that I have a problem with people enjoying themselves but it would have nice to have been warned of the lat music seeing as we were right above it.

Great location. Spotlessly clean and good breakfast.

Would recommend and stay again.

Need instructions for the showers as took ages to figure out how to work each part, after getting froze.

Amazing service. Lovely staff and Beautiful venue! As a fish keeper, my husband and I loves your aquarium setup! Beautifully maintained.

Average

The shower did not work and went extremely hot like a kettle which is extremely dangerous. Had to have a cold shower as its the only setting which would work

The rooms are very small which was a surprise. However, very nice and clean room.

Great staff,location & food. Just a pity about the chaotic service!

Minimal staff resulting in awful service at times. Waiting to be served on several occasions for more than 10 mins on my own with no other customers. This was a major let down and was the general.feeling amongst many guests. I felt sorry for the staff who where obviously under pressure. It came across as chaotic!

Friendly staff, good breakfast. Nice location. Spotlessly clean.

Room was lovely and modern.

Very short staffed at dinner, restaurant was busy but not enough staff to deal with customers and receptionist at one point was answering the phone whilst serving. Food distinctly average and we kept hearing oh we have ran out of that. This included breakfast too. 2 of the breakfast options involved pancakes which they had ran out of. I person dealing with whole breakfast room. Tea & coffee were in pots to help yourself to fill and take back to table. This is a potential health & safety risk if it was spilled on route or there were children in this area.

Room was lovely and modern. Some defects were visible in bathroom due to wear and tear. Wonderful views from our room. We were given an upgrade so not sure what a standard double would be like.

Best hotel in Largs

Some plain yoghurt on the breakfast buffet would be nice.

Great location, friendly staff, nice modern room, good bar area and excellent cooked breakfast.

Poor. Disappointing

Room had a smell. When we arrived, window was wide open on very cold day. At night there was a loud, continuous noise from the plumbing. Presumably some kind of extractor to reduce the smell. When we pointed this out, the staff were clearly well aware of the problem. We changed rooms at 1 am. Hotel was far from full, so no reason to have us in that room with that problem.

Location. Good breakfast cooked to order

Left disappointed re the menu options and the wifi so wont be staying again.

The wifi didn't work in my room , the shower fitting was on upside down and the water itself came out in spurts rather than continuous. Also in the restaurant , once I had been given my menu and made my choices, I was told that they had no "Seafood items" - the main thing I was looking forward to in the area ! I should have been told this when I was given the menu.

The hotel itself is good and the receptionist was really helpful in getting me a room with a view when I asked.

See above. Has the potential to be a great hotel but needs attention to detail
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

When I arrived in the room no phone. No hairdryer and the light around the mirror in the bathroom didn’t work. Then second day the toilet broke and I eventually had to be moved. I would specifically like to thank Alistair and Heather who were so kind and helpful when I got back in the evening to find nothing had been done to fix the toilet. They were quick to move me and very understanding when I expressed frustration that nothing had been done to fix the problem during the day. And I’m grateful to the lady in reception who took money off my final bill.

My first room had a very comfortable bed. Great view and space

Warm and comfortable stay with room to sharpen customer experience

Staff serving Christmas lunch were attentive but a little inexperienced. Boxing Day staff were grumpy. Breakfast a bit basic but may have been because it was Christmas

Good sized comfortable bedroom and stylish bathroom. Plenty parking and efficient Christmas lunch

Great location,glamorous venue,fabulous views.

The beds were a little soft and a loud wedding party kept me awake all night. The staff were empathetic and said this did not happen often.

Friendly staff,beautiful decor and fabulous views . good breakfast.

good acomadation but no hospitality or or homelyness
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We decided to have evening meal in hotel.was very poor took staff 40minutes to let me know they did not have what I had ordered my husbands main dish we of starter size not a good meal.

Room was very large comfy bed good sea views jacuzzi bath was great.

Easy parking, location close to sea and town-centre.
    • Small Single Room

Unfriendly staff during check-in and out, poor breakfast, worst hotel beds ever slept in, kitchen-fan in front of the window running until 10.30pm and from 5.30am, no desk in the room, no power sockets in the bathroom.

Easy parking, location close to sea and town-centre.

Enjoyable, would not think twice about staying again.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

Sadly the first night the food we ordered was not good but the waitress was fantastic and changed the order. We were satisfied with this and the prompt service off the waitress she was fantastic.

Staff were friendly and helpful, , great atmosphere, rooms clean and comfortable.

they charged more than you had quoted.
    • Double Room with Side Sea View

we did not complete our stay, left after 1 night, very disappointed. Went to a Holiday Inn, better room, friendlier people and a lot cheaper.

they charged more than you had quoted. arrived at airport 7 AM, room not ready until 3 PM room was very small with no view and frosted windows to hide what it was looking over

View and good location for town and ferries.
    • Executive Double Room

not being alerted to the fact that hundreds of rooks perched in trees over part of the car park and result was a very messy car the next morning which had to be cleaned. Receptionist gave me a bucket of hot water and sponge for me to clean the car which is what I asked for.

View and good location for town and ferries.

Painless
    • Small Single Room

Waiting 30 minute for breakfast, when it really wasn't busy and then it wasn't that nice, salmon and eggs.... No wifi in the breakfast room.

Nice reception and room was good for a single

Nice hotel but not very cheery.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Possibly the most miserable bar staff I've ever known, everything was too much trouble. Service in the evening was very poor, although the waitresses worked hard we were never made to feel welcome at the bar. However in the morning the staff on then were great - very friendly at breakfast and receptionist fine.

Very stylishly decorated with a good sea view.

Stay was enjoyable just thought there should have been more professionalism
    • Executive Double Room

Wedding on the time we arrived which receptionist thought we should have been informed of not that it bothered us.Receptionist came to desk still eating asking if she had balsamic vinegar on her face. Diningroom in the morning was where the wedding reception was empty half bottle of spirits lying on the floor. Thought that should have been cleaned up before breakfast began. Waitress travelled to work wearing apron she was serving in? Door to office at reception should be kept closed office a bit untidy looking

Spa bath fantastic, room very comfortable as were beds

The staff were very helpful and friendly.

My only negative is the shower was not overly powerful but it was bearable.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel had a lovely atmosphere and the food was delicious.