Reviews of Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre 4 stars

2 Lower Castle Street, Old Market, Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 3AD, United Kingdom

#24 of 48 hotels in Bristol

• Deluxe Double Room

friendly staff , my husband mentioned when asked at checking in that it was his birthday, what a wonderful surprise to be greeted with cakes and wine when we returned to our room after a walk , thank you Etienne

• Deluxe Double Room

Bath room too small, bath very small old & tired & shower. Only warm water coming through system

Food very good & great cocktails. Bed very comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room

was a lovely place to stay for my wife and I's anniversary. right next to cabbots circus perfect location no taxis needed all within distance of hotel. would def stay here again

• Deluxe Double Room

One thing which would have made a difference is hot (or at least warm) plates available at breakfast time in the Executive Lounge - items started off warm but cold plates soon made bacon and sausages cold and unappealing. No other complaints - very good for the odd glass of wine before going to dinner!

A nice room, with a lovely comfortable bed, all the complimentary toiletries and tea/coffee making facilities you could wish for and in a nice quiet position.

• Deluxe Double Room

That we couldn't open out balcony and our windows as it go warm but did have air conditioning.

The staff were very friendly, the rooms were very nice and comfortable, loved the pillows! Very good location. Breakfast included was brilliant good selection of foods.

• Deluxe Double Room

The original room was very tired and depressing - decor from the eighties. Definitely ask for a room on the park side. We were charged 12.5% service charge on our bar food which seemed steep as it was only brought to the table.

The staff were excellent, the first room we were allocated was not nice at all - concrete balcony dirty very tired decor really needs a refurb, especially for the money that is charged. But the staff dealt very well with it and organised a much preferable room for us and even gave us complimentary wine because they knew it was my husbands birthday. The hotel is in a great location for central Bristol and a short walk through the park took us to the bars in the old town. Especially good if you want to shop as right next to Cabots Circus. The communal areas of the hotel are nice and the pool / spa bit was fine. The food in the bar was good, but watch out for the service charge which is added to the bill.

No free WiFi

All the staff we encountered were very friendly, especially at the restaurant who went above and beyond for us. The food in the restaurant was amazing aswell.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was cramped. The decor of the room was dated. Window was not clean.

The access to Broadmead and Cabot Circus was great. The pool and steam room were clean and family friendly. Family room size was good and the view of the city was great.

Not having to pay for wi-fi in the bedroom. £15 for 24hours was very expensive and I've never had to pay whilst staying in a hotel before.

The Terrace Bar was closed to the public on Saturday evening which was inconvenient with a 2 year old who had enjoyed the outside dining on Friday evening.

Parking was expensive.

Fantastic location for exploring Cabot Circus - literally on the door step. Really comfortable sleep, gym facilities were great and enjoyed the Starbucks on site.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was on the lower floor and on the side of A4044. Constant Traffic Noise from A4044 coming through windows, disturbing sleep. Recommend to learn sound proof windows from Sofitel London Heathrow in T5.

The staff are very helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Toilet in our room (1025) did not flush. Reported to reception at 3.30, on returning to room around 6ish nothing had been done. Back to reception who changed rooms for us (‘upgrade’ to family room with 2 double beds, a nice gesture but not required as we were a couple!) There were a couple of functions on in the evening so the bar toilets were in constant use and consequently became very messy - see pics. The hotel cannot control how drunken people leave a mess but they could monitor it regularly in light of how busy it was. Not very pleasant for residents using at the end of their evening and not what I would expect from this standard of hotel. We mentioned all when we checked out and were given a discount on our room which restored a bit of faith.

Location. Had previously visited so knew it was of a quality.

• Deluxe Double Room

Me and my boyfriend stayed for 1 night and it cost us £120. I feel that this is overpriced just for the one night as the room was not very up to date and needs a bit of a freshen up to be a bit more modern. Also expected more from the bathroom (more spacious) for the value of money. I did enjoy my stay though.

The terrace is lovely. Really nice touch to the hotel. The bar was lovely and the staff are very friendly. Also loved the cocktails and popcorn on arrival.

All great!

Staff were lovely and when I told them that we were all there t celebrate his birthday, they came back to their room to find a card & choccys then the next night, a beautiful pudding was in his room !!!

• Deluxe Double Room

I visited this hotel with my best friend, for a relaxing getaway. The hotel staff could not have been anymore accommodating and friendly. Our room was amazing, with beautiful city views. The pool and steam rooms were a particular bonus. We enjoyed sipping on Starbucks coffee and indulging in fresh croissants on the rooftop terrace before exploring the city. Will definitely be returning soon.

• Deluxe Double Room

Old, need renovation. I would rather stay at a 3 star hotel with cheaper price but better cleaniess and appearance. There are better options with this price.

The only thing that could be appreciated was the pool and gym. Staff was quite friendly.

• Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access

The parking prices in the NCP next door are London prices

I’ve been staying here since I was 14 years, now I’m 48 this is my safe place...the view from my room is always a great view.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The general decor of the hotel is a bit dated but our room was comfortable and the hotel was clean.

I visited the hotel for 2 days/1 night with my kids aged 10, 8 and 5. We liked the location (close to the train station and sights) of the hotel and we all enjoyed the breakfast and pool. The staff were all very nice and helpful. We would definitely stay here again on our next visit to Bristol.

• Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access

The staff at the hotel were very helpful and super friendly. I went to Bristol to have eye surgery then stayed at the hotel to recover. The staff went out of their way to make sure that I was alright

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Buffet breakfast was amazing , swimming pool as good kids enjoyed it . All staff were excellent room was large and kids wanted high floor so we had lovely view over the city

• Deluxe Double Room

They didn’t know that breakfast had been included in the price we paid, had to produce booking email to prove it. Didn’t like having to pay extra £17 per day for car parking.

Breakfast was very nice.

• Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access

The espresso martinis needed work

It was our 22nd anniversary. We didn't tell the staff but we're talking about it. When we got back after a night out we had a bottle of wine, card and dessert waiting for us. The executive lounge and terrace were well provisioned, comfortable and had great staff on hand.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unfortunately the air conditioning unit was a little loud so couldn't have it on at night so the room was a little warm.

Everything with the hotel was lovely and would highly recommend this was our second visit! Staff were accommodating and friendly and the service provision was just right!

• Deluxe Double Room

Very noisy and didn’t get much sleep either nights due to conjoining rooms - moved rooms the second night into another conjoining room. Did give us parking for free but wasn’t great paying £250 for getting no sleep. However the location is great the hotel was very clean, rooms slightly dated but still very comfortable just a shame about noisy neighbours which isn’t the hotels fault I guess.

• Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom and room dated, bathroom very small. Was very hot, air conditioning to make cooler too loud to sleep with. Breakfast very good. Cocktail and bar very average. Location great! Parking facility good for city centre.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

didn't realise about free wif fi only if you book direct with hotel , you can use the public wi fi though just not the guest one

lovely position,terrace bar , food wonderful and good value ,helpful polite staff ,perfect really

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff didn't help out with what I'd asked for and everything is expensive

Good quality and comfortable and very clean also big TVs in the rooms

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom sink and bath wasn’t up to my standard of clean.

The service and staff were brilliant, couldn’t be more helpful and great with my children. Really enjoyed my stay here, will definitely be back again. Breakfast was so delicious, evening meal and room service fantastic.

• Deluxe Double Room

The rooms feel slightly tired but still clean and functional.

Good central location with parking next door in an NCP car park. Staff on reception welcoming & professional.

• Deluxe Double Room

everything ...Bed was hard and lumpy. They didn't clean our room for over a 2 night stay once , very rude and inconsiderate staff. Was not welcoming at all to my 6yr old child. Although requested 2 months prior the extra bed, ot was not even made up for my child upon arrival so we had to wait for it be be delivered and set up and then positioned right next to a floor cold air conditioning unit meaning he had hoarse and sore throat and now a cold. Totally unsuitable. Payment was demanded on arrival although their Manual clearly states express checkout to be finalised after your stay. No mini bar, room was baking hot and loud noisy a.c. floor unit totally impractical. Staff have misleading and incorrect information regarding the parking and so my OH was charged an additional £30 for what should have been £17. No help at all with bags and had to load and unload onto the hotel trolleys by myself with a a small child whilst staff just looked on. Absolutely appalling stay. Not the level expected of a Marriott Hotel at all! .just appalling

location was good

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fridge was stinky in room 634...reported it 3 times or more and had to through out opened cans diet coke and bars...also reported this ...no response except guy at reception reduced car parking charge which I wasn't notified about. Also we had 7 year old son with us and we felt breakfast charge was very high for what he would eat

Location..room was comfortable

Everything!

I liked nothing! The room was very down at heel, stained carpet, filthy windows, dirty bath, The swimming pool (I had family and children with me so chose hotel with pool) smelt of sewage. The breakfast was OK but it really was the only thing you could rate favourably.

• Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access

For our wedding night I booked a superior room at the cost of £139, first impression of the room was that it was a bit dated especially the en suite bathroom, the road noise kept us awake as did the small fridge/cooler, on waking the curtains were opened to reveal a somewhat dated & dirty room, every lampshade had a stain on it, there were cobwebs & marks on the ceiling, the bed base had black marks on it, there was a broken lace on the floor in front of the sofa, the windows were also very dirty, overall it was a very disappointing experience that was not worth the asking price of £139, unfortunately made what was supposed to be a wonderful night one to remember for very different reasons, never again.

The entrance lobby was very nice & welcoming.

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was very good, if not a little crowded at peak times. The staff where all friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable...bathroom a bit of a squeeze and if being really pickie the shower could be better. We would definitely stay there again, but spent way too much on clothes due to the great shopping area at 50 metres away!! :)

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

reception staff were very welcoming, and made my daughters and friends stay a really great experience.. it was my daughters 21st birthday treat and your receptionist had a hand written card,wine and chocolates sent to our room ... such a wonderful personal touch. everything was perfect ..lovely room overlooking the park and our beds and breakfast outstanding. thankyou to you all for a relaxing stay ..we will definately be back ..

• Deluxe Double Room

We would have preferred one king bed, which we thought we had booked, rather than the room to which we were upgraded that had two double beds. These made the room feel a little cramped.

Lovely check in and check out staff. Good breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

It was my girlfriends 30th birthday, so I messaged the hotel to see if we could have a room with a nice view. we checked in and the person on the desk was nice and friendly. we went to our room and it had a view which looked out over the park. we dropped our bags off and went out for the day. when we returned to the room there were a bottle of wine and a plate with happy birthday written on with chocolate sauce and a piece of chocolate cake. It was a really nice surprise and made a great trip even better :)

• Deluxe Double Room

The air conditioner did not work The room was dated The walls paper thin could hear next doors face time conversation with his family at 2am ! I was lucky if I had five hours sleep exhausted and uncomfortable not what I needed before my interview the following day The room was dirty trash left on balcony and toilet disgusting I won’t say more about that The reception staff ignored me on arrival it took nearly 15 mins to check in - they ignored me again when I went to collect my bag from them the next day serving others behind me first - felt invisible Never again would I stay here - disastrous regret the booking

ROOM A LITTLE DATED, TOILET COULD OF BEEN CLEANER. POOL A LITTLE DISAPPOINTING

FRIENDLY STAFF. SMALL EXTRAS POPCORN ON ARRIVAL, GOOD LUCK CARD AND CHOCOLATES FOR COMPETITION

• Deluxe Double Room

A popcorn machine in reception making the place smell sickly sweet

Excellent breakfast. Lovely terrace facility. Great that there was a balcony on the room and it was accessible!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bath plug wouldn't stay in properly ait conditioning not working

Complimentary popcorn and cocktails chocolates as a goodwill and breakfast was very very good close to all amenities

• Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access

I’ve stayed in some amazing Marriott hotels eg Shanghai (incredible) but this hotel is an embarrassment. We had an executive room that was in desperate need of a refurbishment and which had a bathroom that was ridiculously small for an executive experience. The executive lounge experience was disappointing: not especially comfortable and the breakfast choices in there were poor. I would be sad to have to stay there again and I am really confused about what exactly Marriott is.... next time I’ll stick to the Executive Lounge on the 69th floor in Shanghai. This was, again, embarrassing and overpriced. Never again.

The location is fine. The staff were friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I am afraid the beds were a bit hard for our liking.

staff very friendly and service excellent, very good breakfast and child friendly and kids loved the pool.

• Deluxe Double Room

The fact that we had to go to reception 3 times. We where on the 10 floor, and this was a nightmare. In the end the receptionist had to let us in our room. The card had not been opened correctly. The breakfast was very busy, lots of tables that were full of plates and had not been cleaned. Did manage to order some poached eggs, there tuned up hard boiled.

The really lovely receptionist on check in. As it was a special occasion, she organised some wine and dessert for us. Really nice touch.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

slow elevators, room of average size, very small bathroom

Good location, good breakfast, friendly Staff, nearby parking at reduced rate at 17 pounds a day.

The lifts from the car park (which was a public car park) was disgusting. The outside of the building did not reflect the standard and luxury within.

Great size rooms, really comfy bed. The inside of the hotel was beautiful. The executive lounge was just amazing - what an experience. I had a birthday card and cake with drink left in our room as it was my birthday - really nice thoughtful touch - thank you!

• Deluxe Double Room

Prior to arriving I requested no feathers in the room, there were feathers in all the bedding including the mattress topper. After asking at reception because I couldn't see clearly enough to dial reception on the phone, they removed all the bedding and supplied new with the exception of the mattress toppers. The beds were extremely hard, we didn't sleep well. We had to queue for breakfast on two mornings which is totally unacceptable. The hotel obviously could not cope with th number of guests. On the last day of our stay we didn't arrive down for breakfast until 10.30 by which time quite a lot of the food and drink on offer had gone. The staff were extremely noisy with cutlery and plates, making the eating enviroment uncomfortable. The lifts were very slow and always crowded. It was as if the hotel couldn't cope with a full capacity. The TV didn't work, which would not normally matter but my partner particularly wanted to watch something. The air conditioning unit didn't work effectively, it just seemed to blow the existing air round.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room stank of cigarette smoke. Clearly people had been smoking on the balcony with the door open or just inside the door. Not pleasant for a non smoker

• Deluxe Double Room

Pillows too soft so didn't sleep very well. With 2 beds in the room 1 bed could have firmer pillows to give you the option.

Good size room. They Noticed it was my birthday and left a card, chocolates and 2 free drinks at the bar in the room.

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast too pricey so didn't opt for it.

Perfectly fine for a good night's sleep. Well located and walkable from station (important at rush hour).

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything. Travling with a young child I was mortified to walk into the hotel to be greeted by a blow up doll from a loud hen party, half dressed women and scummy looking businessmen. The overall feeling was this hotel would be more suited for people paying for a room by the hour. We weren't offered any help with our bags or shown a place for us to sit to wait, they where too busy popping popcorn. The room was tatty, dated and boiling hot, the air con was so loud we couldn't sleep with it on. We didn't even risk taking a shower or bathing our child. The outside of the hotel looked disgusting, nothing like the image on the site, the car park they are associated with stank of urine and set the tone for the whole stay. We will never stay again.

checking out

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast - dreadful! Hot food was luke-warm; only cold milk offered with coffee; jam jars almost empty and messy; music awful and far too loud; no croissants, etc; plastic straws still on display. Service excellent, though. We went somewhere else for breakfast the next day.

Room excellent

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing to dislike about the hotel itself but we had a dinner dance on the 28th and whilst in the do! My husbands jacket went missing off the back of his chair. At the end of the evening it was found on the floor in the corner of the room with money missing out of the pocket.

Really good breakfast. Atmosphere good everywhere in the hotel. Bar staff excellent. Accomadated all our requests.

Had to pay upfront for the stay and usually I like to pay when I get to the hotel but I suppose this is personal preference Would be nice if breakfast was included in the stay but paid around £15 in the morning to get an all you can eat buffet. Only issue was the shower is a bit old fashioned but water was nice and hot.

Bed was really comfy, free popcorn in the lobby on check in! Room was very clean. We stayed at the hotel as a stag do and we were able to get in without any issues at 3am. The breakfast food was brilliant. Scrambled egg was the best. Nice hotel and would recommend. .

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was smaller than I anticipated, I accidentally received another rooms bill through my door not in an envelope and saw that they paid significantly less than what I paid and the only difference was I had breakfast. I would have liked a hot chocolate option in the tea and coffee in the room. I would have liked a dressing gown in the room.

The location is great, close to all the shops which I needed for work. The staff in the hotel and restaurant were nice and friendly. The Restaurant had a good selection of food that was enjoyable. The bed was very comfortable and the room well lit. There was a good breakfast selection also. Although the bathroom was quite small the shower had very good pressure.

• Deluxe Double Room

Couldnt get the aircon working in our room so was abit too warm but perhaps we didnt do it right, couldnt take cash payment on reception due to not having change i think...

Very nice hotel, very clean with friendly staff, free pool table and table tennis.

• Deluxe Double Room

Hotel room and corridors tired. Bathroom need upgrading. Air con unit in room is super noisy or if not used room too warm as windows don’t open. Bed comfortable. Tea and coffee in room not good. Staff a bit abrupt not friendly. Lifts take forever!

The location was good.

• Deluxe Double Room

The shower was faulty in my room so I either had scalding hot or freezing cold water in a bath/shower combination that was very tired and in need of revamp. Then a hair in my food at breakfast was disappointing and even though young waitress was apologetic there was no apology from the manager.

This is a great hotel. All the staff are polite and friendly. I stay here often.

• Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access

The hotel as a whole was very poor and dated. On arrival for a 2 day conference I was informed that all the rooms were occupied and they could no longer accommodate me. I had booked an Executive room on a non-refundable rate a month before the conference. The hotel reception claimed all guests had checked in by the time of my arrival at 8pm but 2 hours later I saw guests arriving and checking in to their rooms. The reception staff were surly and whilst I was given a room at the sister hotel about 10 mins away they were not apologetic about the fact that the hotel had been overbooked.

Nothing in particular.

• Deluxe Double Room

We checked in to be advised breakfast was 630-1130, came down for breakfast at 11.10 following day, advised breakfast stopped at 11.00AM. Upon enquiry I felt as though I was being questioned and had made a mistake, was advised breakfast wasn't available though I had paid for it. Waited round for five minutes whilst a member of staff, who was pleasant advised we could have a bacon bap. Not what we paid for. We then spent two hours finding somewhere to eat and having breakfast, thus lost this time. We returned to the hotel, had been advised check out was 12.00 but they could extend check out for free til2 which I was pleased about. Upon arriving back the house keeper asked what time we were leaving, which I didn't find hospitable. return to room, card not working, had to go back to the reception whereby I was advised check out was 12 not 2 and there was an extra charge. At this point we just wanted to leave. The £17 parking was taken off the bill, which I think was a poor attempt at rectification. The previous night our card didn't work either and we had to return to reception to sort this out. Further , we had two pigeons in our room on arrival. And finally having spoken to the receptionist less than ten minutes previous, returned to the room and fire alarm went off. though it may be courtesy to advise guests of this. To have lost out on breakfast and then the time spent out finding somewhere and the issues returning to the hotel a plenty, extremely disappointing, a lack of management and nothing to make up for the mistakes made continually throughout the stay.

Room was lovely. Location ideal. Lady we complained to was helpful and polite.

• Deluxe Double Room

There isn't any hotel parking only a NCP car park that incurrs a daily charge of £17. The car park is adjacent to the hotel but isn't a safe place for the public and it stinks! The hotel pool is more like a public swimming baths and is chocka full of kids splashing and playing, don't be fooled by the pictures on the internet that gives the impression its a Spa and tranquil! All of the hotel bedroom doors shut with a bang, it cant be helped and consequently interrupts sleep. The hotel struggles to cope with the volume of people at breakfast time, its soooo busy its impossible to enjoy breakfast.

The location is perfect for shopping and night life

• Deluxe Double Room

The size of the room and the fact I wanted a room on a higher level.

The bed was really comfortable, I loved that. I love that I could have a cup of tea in the morning and the shower was at great standards.

• Deluxe Double Room

no hot water from shower, we had to go into children's room to have one! Whilst items were deducted from the bill, not being able to have a warm shower in your room is kind of key factor in a good hotel stay

Location was great and easy to find. Breakfast was really good and enjoyed rooms spacious

• Deluxe Double Room

I didn't like the fact that I was put in a room designed for the disabled without asking me if it is ok for me. Because of this, there is an armchair missing from the room (to allow space for a visitor's wheelchair), and the basin unit in the bathroom was around knee height which is suitable for someone in a wheelchair, but very uncomfortable for me. It is great they have rooms suitable for the disabled, but unacceptable that they rent them to able-bodied people without explanation that this is what you are getting.

The TV was enormous, which was nice. Breakfast was acceptable, although only just acceptable for the price. Beyond that there was honestly very little that I can say I liked, and therefore very little to recommend this hotel considering the price paid.

• Deluxe Double Room

When I checked in, I was asked to prepay 50 pound for the breakfast, but actually I did not take any breakfast during my stay because I should go to Bath and I did not have time to take breakfast. So, I asked the staff to return 50 pound back to me when I checked out, and they agreed. However, I still have not received this money up to now.

The position of this hotel is very good, about 15 minutes walking from the railway station, and it closes to the shopping centre, the park and the food market. The room is cleaned every day, and the bedroom is very comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel was excellent but a little tired needs some repairs sink in bathroom had a crack wardrobe door falling off could not open but enjoyed our stay loved Bristol

• Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access

Check out staff member was shocking and rude to me, I asked her for help as I could not find my car park ticket, she said we can’t help you and you will have to go find it...in the end had to pay £46.50 for one night parking

The Manager Paige is always fantastic when we visit she is the reason I come to this location.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was ok but very noisy and a little tired-not the standard that I would usually expect from a Marriott. The double bed was very small and uncomfortable. The breakfast was good, but the mushrooms were stale.

The location, the breakfast and the smart tv!

• Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access

There is nothing I didn't like to be honest.

The bed was sumptuously comfortable as were the pillows aiding the best night's sleep I've had a avery long time.

• Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access

- Executive Lounge is not on the same floor as the rooms (actually quite far away) - elevator system very poorly designed: there are two buttons to press when calling a lift; this somehow results in the elevator stopping on most floors without anyone being there. - bathtubs with shower curtains!!! - A/C in room was set at 23C with no adjustment possible (despite published instructions) - check-in was overly long (is this a Booking.com issue?) - all in all the room decor is somewhat dated

- Executive Rooms were of a good size

• Deluxe Double Room

Lower ground room facing the main road are terribly noisy, as there’s a lot of ambulance traffic.

Great location, with the confort you expect if you used the Marriot chain before.

• Deluxe Double Room

The decor in the room is outdated and didn’t match the luxury feel of the rest of the hotel

Staff were very accommodating! Was also lovely of the front desk to send a birthday card and a little bottle of wine up to my room.

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast very basic. Wouldn’t bother again. Lots of restaurants nearby in shopping area.

Arrived late and very tired. Staff greeted me before I reached the reception desk and I was given an upgrade. Lovely room, very comfortable beds.

Staff attitude - Eugene.

Member of staff Eugene was miserable and insisted that we eat breakfast in the executive lounge as the restaurant was busy. He explained that the lounge had “all the items available in the restaurant”. The lounge has basic items such as sausages, bacon, toast, cheese but certainly not “all the items”. Very disappointed.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The most annoying fact was that despite being a four start hotel, it didn't have its own parking facility which necessitated an additional parking charge plus numerous trip to the car. The other hotel chains seemed to have their own parking facility. Moreover getting in touch with the hotel over phone was painful.

The hotel was well located, rooms and leisure facilities were excellent. Breakfast was delicious and enjoyable, there was a good selection of foods available. Staff were very politie and helpful. They even had an Easter egg competition for the kids.