Reviews of Broadlands Guest House (Adult Only) 3 stars

9.9

9.8

Couldn't ask for more!

Nothing !

Spotless room. Great use of space. Breakfast was beautiful. All fresh , great quality produce lovingly prepared. Location is great - round the corner to Windermere centre and a nice 15 min stroll to Bowness. Hosts Trac'e and Tracey where the best ! They literally can not do enough for you.

A wonderful experience in a delightful part of the world.

The shower cubicle was compact but adequate, even for my 6ft 4ins frame.

Lovely hosts made us feel very welcome. Excellent information on the locality. Fantastic breakfast. Great restaurant recommendations. Very reasonably priced car parking immediately opposite.

Will Definately stay again , enough said
    • Small Double Room

Parking availability, can't fault the B&B

Little extras go a long way, homemade cake, a little jar of sweets in the room. Lovely breakfast. Lovely hosts.

Everything you want from a B&B clean and a very warm welcome.Home from Home.

The property is in a great location with lots of places to eat and drink. The 2 Tracey's are lovely and gave us a lovely welcome. Our room was number 4 a twin room which was small but had lots of hanging space, and also has a wonderful view of the hills from a very large window. The 2 Tracey's also make a beautiful breakfast with homemade muffins Fruit Juice(2) cerial (6) and wonderful fruit salad with Greece yogurt a 7 item full breakfast, lots of toast tea or coffee and of course Jams(8) also there is cake or muffins waiting for you when you come back from a long walk in the afternoon. Need I say more.

Trac’e and Tracy are super friendly and nice.

It’s an old house so you will expect to hear people walking on the floor above you.

Trac’e and Tracy are super friendly and nice. Very clean room. Muffin tastes great :)

Brilliant and friendly
    • Small Double Room

Nothing, it was a small but lovely place to stay.

The friendliness and kindness of the staff, really lovely ladies, we are looking at booking with them again soon.

Absolutely fabulous
    • King Suite

We were made to feel incredibly welcome, given so much helpful advice and information, especially about the restaurants in the area. Breakfast was fantastic, great value and very tasty! Cannot recommend this place and the wonderful owners enough!

Thanks for lovely muffin and help us clean our cloth and bag.

Thanks for lovely muffin and help us clean our cloth and bag. Good food,Good location.We"ll definitely choose same accommodation for next trip to Lake District.

Fantastic B&B!
    • Small Double Room

Fantastic B&B! Spotlessly clean and comfortable rooms, tea/coffee/snack facilities in rooms, bathing products supplied, delicious home cooked breakfasts served alongside a well supplied cold breakfast buffet, excellent location all delivered by very helpful, friendly hosts who have the guests comfort and happiness in mind. Thank you Broadlands Guest House. 10/10!

Such friendly, welcoming hosts, Tracey and Trace went out of...
    • Small Double Room

Such friendly, welcoming hosts, Tracey and Trace went out of their way to make sure you had everything you needed during your stay, fantastic breakfast, very cosy and clean rooms, little treats left throughout day which was a nice touch, great location, would definitely recommend!

Clean and friendly
    • King Suite

Super cooked breakfast in the morning. Fresh cake/ muffins daily. Both Tracey’s were lovely and friendly. Would definitely use Broadlands again when visiting Windermere.

This was simply an exceptional B & B!

Tracey and Trace were great hosts, really looked after us. Lovely comfortable room. Excellent breakfast. Lots of nice touches such as freshly baked muffins available every day to help yourselves .

Will definitely go back to this guest house.

Couldn't fault it!

The staff gave you a warm welcome and couldn't be more helpful. Rooms were comfortable and breakfast must be one of the best we've had, not to mention the daily homemade cakes!

Comfortable, Clean and Relaxing
    • Small Double Room

That we didn't stay for longer!

The Hotel was lovely. Very clean and tidy. Room was spacious and everything we needed for the weekend. A very warm and friendly welcome even though we were late. Great location for a relaxed night out or travel that little bit further for a bit more.

Had a fantastic time, we will be back again

Everything was excellent

We had a fab weekend, Tra'ce and Tracy made us feel really welcome, they couldn't do enough for you. The food was excellent and their recommendations for walks are restaurants was outstanding. They arranged for us to visit the health spa which was excellent. We would definitely recommend staying here 😀

We loved our room and loved our hostesses-Tracy and Trac i.

Nothing-we loved it all.

We loved our room and loved our hostesses-Tracy and Trac i. They did everything possible to make us feel welcome. It was a delighful experience.

Best guest house I've stayed in !

Everything . Fantastic food , lovely owners , all dietary requirements catered for . Lovely house , immaculate and comfortable . Would love to go again.

Wonderful stay, would visit again!

I stayed with my mum and sister, plenty of room for the 3 of us. Breakfast was delicious, fruit cereal, muffins and cooked breakfast. The owners were very friendly and chatty, asked you how your day was and recommend places to visit and walks. I’m lactose intolerant, I had a breakfast muffin made especially for me, homemade, delicious. Not forgetting the delicious lemon drizzle and a dairy free treat in the room.

We had a great time here,Trac’e and Tracey are so nice...
    • Small Double Room

We had a great time here,Trac’e and Tracey are so nice,comfortable bed and delicious breakfast!!!not far from the train station.and it was so touching for the packed muffins for us to eat on the train!5 stars BnB!!!

Lovely break in Windermere
    • Small Double Room

Great location, easy to find and parked in the car park across the street, £15 for 3 days parking. Owners (Tracy & Trac'e) were both very friendly and gave us a warm welcome, advised on activities for our stay (boat trips from Bowness and walking in Ambleside) and local restaurants and drinking holes. Breakfast was top notch! Room was nicely decorated and very clean, we stayed in one of the smaller rooms, was plenty big enough for our two nights stay. Good selection of tea and coffee in room and good quality shampoo, shower gel etc in bathroom.

Perfect in every way!

No complaints at all.

Lovely friendly owners gave us a warm welcome. Nice quiet location just off the centre of Windermere village. Comfy beds gave us a good night's sleep. Excellent breakfast with good vegetarian option. Wonderful holiday!

Had a great time and would love to return !

I was really happy with everything. Our stay there felt like staying with family friends.

Our hosts were warm and friendly doing everything they could to make things pleasant. The food was excellent with sweets and cake available on entry at any time. They provided special dietary requests. The room was comfortable. Bed ,bed linen etc all enabling very peaceful sleep. Accessibity to shops and restaurant very easy. They helped us book a tour .... I would definitely go back there and will recommend them to all!

Great location with fabulous hosts
    • King Suite

The enthusiasm of the hosts was infectious. I arrived for breakfast, greeted my fellow guests and got no response. Within two minutes of the hosts entering the room everyone was conversing, sharing photographs and a young couple announced their engagement

Fabulous B&B that made our stay just perfect

I'd have preferred to check out a little later than 10am but it was doable

The breakfast was outstanding, the beds very comfortable and the owners the nicest ladies ever!

Very enjoyable
    • Small Double Room

The bathroom we had was quite small.

The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. And I enjoyed the use of a free pass to a gym where we used the swimming pool and sauna. The full English Breakfast was a highlight among the Lake District B&Bs we stayed in.

I really recommend this warm and cozy guesthouse to everyone. Everything was just perfect.

Trac'e provided their warmest hospitality to welcome us, share the tips to travel around this area, and also prepare the wonderful breakfast for us. The room is in good quality and clean. I really enjoyed my stay here!

Great little bed and breakfast.

The noise of the toilet in the room above was super loud. It seemed as though it was going every five minutes. Parking on the road outside the property was very limited and the car park was short stay so paid but then realised we would have to mix the car at 7am. Would have liked a later check out - usually 11:00am.

Staff were great, extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was spot on. Bed was very comfortable. The host provided us with plenty of useful information on things to do and places to go which was much appreciated. Appreciated that the host allowed us to check out at 10:30 instead of 10:00am.

Beautiful cosy guesthouse in the heart of Windermere where you will feel at home❤️
    • Small Double Room

Wonderful cosy guest house in the heart of Windermere. The room was beautifully decorated and spotless clean. Bed and pillows were so comfortable I slept like a baby after a day out and about. Next day breakfast was home made delicious good. I ate until I couldn't anymore it was so good! The hosts attended to all my needs, answered all my questions and helped me with everything! I felt like I was home visiting family! I will come back!

like home
    • Small Double Room

high recommend! Convenient location (walking about 10mins from Windermere railway station), rich British breakfast and warm reception! Especially I got wet by a heavy rain at first day, the hostellers helped me wash and dry my cloth. At that moment, I felt I like go back my home, I am deeply grateful again! Love this guesthouse and missing them! Sorry for my late feedback because of a long and busy trip! By the way, I can't forget the delicious peanut biscuit, the host packed it for me when i left. thanks again, all things let me love Windereme, love this guesthouse!

A wonderful break with even more wonderful hosts!
    • King Suite

Nothing!! Everything was excellent!

The hosts were outstanding- they were beyond welcoming and full of really useful advice on what we could do in the area! The breakfasts were delicious. The house itself was immaculate and was cleaned daily. The fitness suite facilities offered to us were a brilliant bonus too (steam, sauna, pool and gym).

Homely, friendly and welcoming
    • Small Double Room

This is a great B&B run by two lovely people who couldn't do enough to make us welcome during our stay. The room was very clean and comfortable and the quality of food and service at breakfast was fantastic.

Broadlands is the best!
    • Small Double Room

Tra'ce and Tracey were fabulous hosts treating everyone like family or friends rather than just passer bys. They knew and loved this area and happily shared their knowledge with you.

Excellent bandb!

Excellent bandb! I will definitely book again if I have a trip on Lake District! My dad loves the handmade muffins and peanut cookies sooooooooo much!!!!

Fun and friendly guesthouse
    • King Suite

Can't fault a single thing

The owners were an absolute delight, very knowledgeable about the area and gave us loads of great recommendations if things to do. Food was amazing, full English was spot on and all dietary requirements taken care of without hassle. It was like going to stay with friends, a wonderful break indeed.

A good place to stay - good location, friendly hosts & very clean room. Will stay again.
    • Small Double Room

Parking is not as convenient as expected. Larger size bath towels preferred for two instead of 1 large & 1 medium size.

Friendly & helpful hosts. Great breakfast. Generous linen change. Cosy & clean.

Two get wet in Windermere

Parking's tricky but it is Windermere after all so what do you expect

Great hosts, friendly and chatty. Left little extras like buns and sweets at the door when you came in or left. Excellent array of umbrellas

First & wonderful experience at a guest house (bed & breadfast)

The owners are friendly and attentive. The place is very clean and tastefully decorated. The breakfast is fabulous - good portion with good ingredients. Small little touches like brownie and cookies and jelly beans are welcome treats.

Excellent B&B
    • Small Double Room

Everything was very good.

The ladies that run the B&B were really nice and very helpful. Also the breakfast was excellent, an added extra were the homemade muffins.

Warm and friendly in the perfect location

Not applicable

Hosts we're warm and welcoming,my wife and I are in our early 30s found this b&b to suite us down to the ground, location, breakfast bed and ensuite were all spot on.

Trac'e and Tracy are super friendly and make sure you...
    • Small Double Room

Trac'e and Tracy are super friendly and make sure you feel very welcome and know the best parts of Windermere. It was very personable experience and perfect to discover the Lake District. Highly recommend it.

Wonderful time in Windermere at the Broadlands guest house
    • Small Double Room

Great location, nice and homely and clean guesthouse. Great breakfast and lovely home made muffins and flapjack as a treat. Nice,friendly and helpful owners who help to make your stay memorable.

A place we know that we will return to and are happy to recommend to others.

what's not to like?

Excellent breakfast - cooked perfectly, even homemade muffins, which were delicious. The owners were very friendly and did their very best to make our stay a memorable one. Our room was clean and comfortable, with a plentiful welcome tray of teas, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits, even down to a thoughtful little jar of jelly beans - to my husbands delight.

both hosts were very attentive, clean and comfortable...
    • King Suite

both hosts were very attentive, clean and comfortable conditions, nothing was to much trouble, location for stay, just what we were looking for, chocolate and raspberry muffins were delicious, breakfast was very filling and tasty, fresh milk supplied if needed, bath towels were fluffy and soft, treats supplied in rooms, hosts again very helpful in recommending where to go and eat. thank you Trac'e and Tracey, we would definitely return to your dwelling for spoiling again...

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The Overall cleanliness was superb.
    • Small Double Room

The Overall cleanliness was superb. This B&B had everything you need. One of the main points was the bed was really comfy and we had a great nights sleep. There were lots nice touches like home made jams,muffins and even kitkats with your drinks in your room. The breakfast was fantastic, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and a delicious full English, plenty of choice and enough for the heartiest of appetites! The two Trac'es were great hosts, very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. They gave us great information on where to go and what to see. We've now found our place to stay when we go to the lakes! Nearly forgot to mention the location is perfect! In a quiet street overlooking a park but only 2 mins walk from shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Great stay

Great location, not far from everywhere. Cozy room. Lovely lovely host ladies! They gave valuable information to me for my short stay -- food, attractions, bus and such. And they made delicious breakfast! Shame that I had to leave in the early morning and missed their homemade breakfast, but they packed something for me to have on the train. They are so sweet! I'd love to go back to the Lake District again and Broadlands Guest House would be my choice.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

STAY AT BROADLANDS GESTHOUSE! YOU WON'T REGRET!

Absolutely nothing.

Everything you want for a nice guesthouse and more. nice shower, nice refreshment options, nice cute comfy rooms! Tracy and Tracy are AMAZINGLY KIND AND HELPFUL people, cooked us nice breakfast, arranged tour and taxi for us, and gave us valuable sightseeing advice. They made my trip to the lake district so much nicer and easier than I expected. Glad we made two friends in Windermere!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Home from home!
    • Small Double Room

Everything was perfect! We just wanted to stay longer.

Extremely comfortable and welcoming environment! Some wonderful treats such as biscuits and sweets at the door and in our room!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Fantastic BnB

Trac'e and Tracy were so friendly, offered great advice for restaurants and how to get everywhere. Beds were super comfy and brekkie was fantastic. I highly recommend staying here! We will be definitely coming back.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Best B&B Award goes too..
    • Small Double Room

Nothing everything was perfect!

The warm happy atmosphere and the breakfast was 5* Plus all the given brownies and home made muffins kept us going throughout the day!

Comfy, cozy, and clean with fantastic hospitality

First of all, TnT are the best hosts! They're naturals when it comes to hospitality, and they were quite impressive at giving guest-specific suggestions for activities in the area. The welcome was warm, the energy was upbeat, the accommodations were clean and comfy, and the breakfast was really delicious. I was really impressed with how genuinely they interacted with each guest and how willing they were to accommodate dietary preferences, etc. If my schedule had allowed, I would have stayed longer. I hope to return the Lake District again with family, and I will absolutely book rooms here.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

A place to go back to

I liked everything.

The owners were very friendly and welcoming. The breakfasts were fantastic. The room was comfortable and cosy. Great location - near station and shops, but in a quiet street overlooking a park.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Absolutely Fabulous
    • King Suite

The attic room is delightful but not a lot of head room over the beds.

The Tracey's are fantastic hosts. We immediately felt at home. Lots of extra & generous gestures, delicious breakfast, very attractive home. I would never stay anywhere else in Windermere.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

excellent
    • Small Double Room

Trac'e is really helpful and friendly, we have our best English breakfast here and best stay in lake district. 主人非常熱情房間乾淨早餐好吃,推薦所有行程和餐廳都是最好的,完全推薦湖區住宿於此!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Homely but professional.
    • King Suite

Made very welcome when we arrived. Room was clean and very nice. The breakfasts were excellent with a wide variety of buffet items including home made jams and muffins. The full English breakfast was delicious. In the dining room were lots of information leaflets including walks and maps. Particularly useful was the parking voucher which covered a number of car parks in various locations. All in all a delightful place. We hope to come again. Thank you Trac'e and Tracey.

The Best B&B in Windermere!

We were sorry to be leaving😢

I liked the two cheerful hostesses ! Trace and Tracy. Delicious breakfast including the healthy option! A homemade muffin to take away in the backpack. Useful tips and info/ maps on walks around Lake Windermere. What more could you ask for👍

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Broadlands - a great place to stay

Not enough hanging hooks. Could do with a full length mirror back of closet door. Ensuite was on small side for 2 single people.

Trac'e and Tracey were terrific. Went above and beyond. Breakfast was excellent. We thought the room was a comfortable size. Terrific location - walking distance to many cafes etc.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Fab!
    • Small Double Room

The bathroom was very small although we realise there is little that can be done about this!

Little extra touches like home made treats, warm and friendly welcome.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Great B&B close to Windermere train and bus stations

No space to store luggage on day of departure but the tourist info 5 mins walk away has lockers you can hire.

Well set out single room with all essentials provided. Banter with the owners was great and the scrambled egg a particular highlight of breakfast

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Top class accomodation

Nothing to dislike .

The whole stay we were made welcome and given a fantastic service from the owners breakfast was excellent rooms were spotless we will be going back sometime soon and we would reccomend this b&b to everyone going to the lake district.

The home made muffins are delicious!
    • Small Double Room

The home made muffins are delicious!! And coffee is nice !!

The most helpful and warm-hearted host I have ever met

The most helpful and warm-hearted host I have ever met

Good place to stay in windermere, near to Train and bus...

Good place to stay in windermere, near to Train and bus station. Nice service given by great landlords.

Impeccably clean rooms, fab location and lovely breakfast. We’ll definitely be back!

Incredibly helpful and happy owners.

Well located, comfortable stay
    • Small Double Room

Well located, clean and comfortable, and wonderful people running the BnB. Couldn't recommend more highly

The hosts were incredibly welcoming and nothing was too much...
    • King Suite

The hosts were incredibly welcoming and nothing was too much trouble.

felt part of the family

it was homely/best one yet.

Lovely,comfy and ward welcome ,helpful

Bed and the owners

Fantastic place to stay.

Limited parking.

Really friendly. Clean, comfortable, cosy and spacious room. Brilliant location.

thank you trace!

The smell of the paint in the room

nice breakfast warmhearted householder!

Great bed linen

Great bed linen

Great stay for our Grizedale Adventure

Everything was great 👍

Just perfect

Don't have any

Very nice staff, close to town,

Useful information about local walks

Useful information about local walks

Fantastic Lakes experience.

Owners are really friendly and welcoming. Great Breakfast. Included was a free entry to a Great Spa/Gym in Windermere.

Highly recommended!
    • Small Double Room

Very friendly staff, a pleasure to talk to them. Excellent breakfast. Clean and nicely decorated rooms. Very good experience overall.