Reviews of Broadway Country House 4 stars

Laugharne, Laugharne, SA33 4NU, United Kingdom

#3 of 8 hotels in Laugharne

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

A Fabulous well run establishment, with excellent food and views from the garden

The decor in the bedroom could have been less 'dingy'

The cooked food for evening meal and breakfast was excellent, hot, tasty and well prepared

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Good breakfast

Our room was overlooking the car park so we were changed to a junior suite that cost extra part was locked off & the room we had was very small much smaller than our friends who had an ordinary double but was much larger out bathroom was also very small.

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Had a well earned, relaxing stay. brilliant staff.
    • Large Double Room

the hotel could do with a bit of a spruce up, but it was the end of season so we realise it has been well used and it did not detract from the comfort

the bed was comfy, the staff were lovely and couldn;t do enough for us. the food was great and we felt valued. I even had a lovely birthday surprise. We would go back tomorrow if we could

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Warm and friendly atmosphere with great staff !

Lovely old building well looked after but a little remote for me as I was on my bike and there was no restaurant Sunday evening which left me a little stuck.... had to take taxi to eat and I was hungry after cycling 22 miles !

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Lovely and relaxing few days. Well positioned hotel for trips around Pembrokeshire

There were no real issues. The TV did not find all the channels (not a problem for us)

The food was always prepared especially for you. Nothing was kept warm waiting for someone to order. The plates were hot and the food stayed hot all through Breakfast or Dinner. The food and service was superb.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Not as we had hoped.

Lack of staff in general. Felt the hotel was a little tatty in places our bathroom was very shabby for £90 per night. Room quite small also. Noisy dog in room next door thankfully on the evening before we left.

Breakfast excellent. Meals lovely. Views.

Lovely comfortable bed and very clean room.

minor point. Could have done with a second chair in room.

Lovely comfortable bed and very clean room. Cooked breakfast was excellent, with fresh jug of milk for room, when asked was much appreciated. Was lovely to open patio door to smell of roses nearby. Would love to stay there again.

Very enjoyable. Need to improve cooked breakfast

Breakfast was indifferent. Bacon hard and burnt. Obviously kept under hot plate to long as the plate was red hot when touched . only one member of staff taking orders. The wait was very long for food to arrive .

Exceptional customer service, friendliness of staff. Quirky individual hotel with lovely grounds

Beautiful romantic relaxing stay.

Nothing negative to say.

Lovely hotel with beautiful view. Room was very spacious and warm. Staff friendly and accommodating. Lovely breakfast. Enjoyable romantic weekend.

The room was ready early on our arravial the breakfast was...
    • Family Room with Shower

The hotel was located a distance from Tenby and the roads to the hotel was quite dangerous at night

The room was ready early on our arravial the breakfast was also lovely

Lovely location, friendly staff

The room was looking very tired, loose taps in the bathroom, damp on the bathroom ceiling and mold on the tiles. Sold as 4* would give it 3*

Lovely location, friendly staff

Superb
    • Large Double Room

Reception's mens toilets had a collection of huge spiders on the ceilings (5 or 6 of them). Bedroom lock was really stiff, as was the toilet flush in the bedroom. Didn't impact the stay though. Beautiful place

Fantastic room (we had the more expensive double). Lock on the door was really stiff but other than that the room was excellent! Huge bathroom, lovely views, comfy bed. Amazing place.

Exceptional value for money.

I could not find fault at all.

This place was way beyond what I expected. The staff were so efficient and friendly. Food was so tasty especially the mushroom soup. I stayed in Room 2 which had a fantastic view of the bay and the most comfy bed. This hotel was exceptional value for money and I can't wait to return. The cheesy egg crumpets at breakfast were scrummy. Good selection of gin for you gin lovers.

Very appealing website and first impression. Very disappointing after that.

To be fair, we had the last room available a twin bedded room. Very run down. Awful shower that changes temperature frequently. The sitting room is a not in the slightest inviting, it’s the central walkway between bedrooms and function rooms. The dining room is very jaded with the poorest breakfast I’ve had in 40 years of b&b a small table with cereals in jars and a large jar of what I think may have been mixed fruit but looked very unwholesome. The cooked breakfast very, very slow, and just passable. Although the evening menu read well (not available the first night) I’d never consider eating there.

The house, in its day, has been quite imposing. The location is in the countryside and very pleasant and only a few miles from the lovely village of Laugharne.

A lovely place only a short distance from Laugharne
    • Large Double Room

We were originally booked into the king suite, but on arrival with a dog we were downgraded but with no partial refund.

Great location, dog friendly and a quiet location. Nice grounds too.

Lovely place for what we wanted

Room could have been cleaner. My husband is 6'3" and unfortunately the bathroom door did open fully as there was not enough room due to the placement of the toilet. Kettle could definitely do with a good wash out

Nice place for a quiet night away for my husbands birthday. Lovely food, service was excellent and staff were very accommodating

Lovely little wkend break
    • Large Double Room

The only niggle that we wasn't happy about is the fact that the bathroom windows had no blinds or curtains, although the lower half of the window was frosted glass the upper part of the glass was clear so was a bit conscious of that. At checkout there was a bit of confusion as we were told there was a bill for our room for food but we ate out in Tenby in the evening I was assured it was a mix up so hopefully this charge won't appear on my card.

The room was lovely and spacious and comfortable clean and tidy

An enjoyable short break, would go back again.

My husband thought the pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. There was no phone signal. It was great weather while we were there and it was a shame there was nowhere to sit in the sun, some sun loungers would have been nice. The hotel has lovely grounds but they don't make the most of them.

Room was small but clean and in good order. Breakfast was lovely and staff were pleasant and helpful. Bed was comfortable. Good wifi.

Fabulous

Corridor to rooms 2 to 4 let the hotel down. Tatty old carpet which needs replacing and a lick of paint on walls and doors needed. Once I opened the door to the room it was like leaving 1970 and entering 2018. I'm sure the owners are getting round to the corridors. Still our stay was lovely

Lovely large comfortable room. Good shower and clean bathroom. Very comfortable stay. Nice and quite. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent. Breakfast was fabulous and generous, very well presented. Lovely setting, with great view from room

Awful start but lovely time nonetheless.

As soon as we walked into the hotel we had a warm welcome from the gentleman working there. Then as soon as we went to the reception desk and asked to check in early, the receptionist on the desk was rude and instantly regected us from checking in early even though we had two confirmation emails from the manager that an early booking between 9am-10am was perfectly fine. She said how we "can't check in now because check out isn't even until 11am" in a really cold tone. Obviously confused I calmly tried to get up the emails I've had to confirm and she interrupts with; "Well you're lucky. The room was empty."- sounding pissed off that she was wrong. Hands us the keys and gives us vague directions to our room without an escort which was a bit annoying since we saw other people getting escorted to their rooms. Honestly we felt prejudged since we are a young couple however here on business. Such a shame the first few minutes in the hotel were so awful otherwise the entire experience would have been perfect. I must stress that all other members of staff were really lovely and were always happy to help us and other customers which was really nice to see.

Most of the staff were so lovely and inviting. The rooms were really comfy, the views were amazing and the breakfast was delicious.

Great stay in lovely hotel
    • Family Room with Shower

Fantastic stay, lovely hotel with friendly helpful staff. We stayed in the family suite which has seperate bedrooms. Great restaurant and bar, very good choice of breakfast too.

Relaxing chilled three days, made us both ready to return to the hum drum of every

One of the guests brought their dog, it woke us up yapping early one morning,

The staff were friendly and easy going,the breakfasts were delicious, the hotel is in a great position to venture out for Laugharne, Pendine, Tenby , and Carmarthen, will definitely make another visit!

Quiet out of the way place, views stunning, food quality, presentation & service excellent.

Can't think of anything!

The food was absolutely outstanding, the flair and presentation was fantastic. We ate an evening meal and breakfast. The service was excellent, food quality was inventive and cooked to perfection. The room was great, views fantastic, really good nights sleep and the bar well stocked.

We stayed one night only but could definitely more👍.

Everything was perfect

We stayed one night only but could definitely more👍. Such a place. The staff was extremely friendly ( as everywhere in Wales), especially the man/manager. The hotel was clean, restaurant offered everything. Really happy to stay there.

a perfect stay to relax and leave my frenetic world behind. i’d love to return

unfair to be so polarising, these are gripes rather than dislikes; on first use, the shower was so powerful it drenched the bathroom and soaked towels before i could dry.. a better shower shield/curtain might help .. also the poor tv/phone/internet reception kept my contact with the ‘real’ world impossible -thankfully!!

everything.. the location and view amazing... the staff were lovely and excellent.. the breakfast perfect, the sunday lunch -a carvery- delicious.. way too easy to over indulge and extremely good value for money perfect, perfect... my own front door to such beautiful views... such peace -a real treat

Relaxing break in clean hotel with wonderful views

The smell from the plastic highly-scented toilet freshener attached to the toilet rim, was overpowering. I had to open all the windows. I hung the freshener outside til my departure. Another guest said they could smell the freshener on entering the premises, and found the lounge room a bit musty. Upon entering the foyer I could detect a similar smell, and along the corridor, through the lounge which had no windows. Admittedly it was cold weather, but staff might consider daily opening the windows of the room adjacent to the lounge. Other than that, all perfect.

The whole hotel was tastefully decorated. The staff were extremely helpful, the food delicious, and the spacious room was very comfortable. Everything was spotless.

Great place to stay.

Nothing adverse to say.

Very clean & spacious room that had terrific views to the water. Good facilities in room. Castle and town about 2 kms away.

Excellent place to stay; it fitted with my business need

I have been here before and knew what to expect. I greatly regret that I was not able to have the delicious chocolate croissant because I ran late. Wedding venue, so I had four poster bed last time, large bedroom this time.

Relaxing Break at the Corran.

We liked Everything.

Everything xx staff were excellent so helpful. Everything was spotless clean and well organised. We will Deffinatly be returning. A special mention to both Jake and Hannah who were fabulously helpful and made us feel so special during our stay.

Very welcoming and comfortable, definitely be back

A bit dusty eg fan in bathroom and radiator, but that's it, otherwise lovely cosy room with a sea view

The bed was comfortable, they made me feel welcome with the dog, the room was clean and had direct access to the garden area.

The staff were great.

We had a problem when arriving. There was no heating or hot wtaer in the room - temp was around 10degrees. There had been a problem with the heating and it had just been fixed. But the rradiator in our room didn't work. Phone calls can't be made from the rooms inspite of equipment being in place and here was zero mobile signal. We changed room and things improved.

The staff were great. Very helpful, cheery and co-operative. They managed a couple of problems professionally and sensibly both before and during our stay. Due to Hurrican Ophelia we had to postpone our trip and they managed the booking change very well. So did Alison in Booking.com in Dublin to whom we spoke.

Very comfortable and ideal for my work purpose.

The meal was too filling and I couldn't find anywhere local (I was a bit late) for another meal the next night

The breakfast was good - although I didn't allow enough time for their cheese one day chocolate the next croissant. Room good - wedding venue and I had the four poster bed (couldn't find handcuffs). Ideal for my work. In particular, Wi-Fi fast enough to complete the "paperwork" from the day.

We enjoyed it thoroughly - easy access from road with beautifully kept gardens and features
    • Family Room with Shower

Choice of cereals - sounds petty but important to one of us.

The only negative comment we would make was that the choice of cereals was limited to a few very basic cereals. No yogurts on offer either. Croissants perfect and the cooked breakfast was perfect. Everything else about the hotel, the staff and the location were excellent.

Very good will use again if we are in the area.

Maybe a dog friendly area in the breakfast/ dining room but not really an issue as we were fine with what we were offered, but other guests were a little bemused as to why we were sitting in another room with out dog.

Dog friendly room with imidiate access to the car park. Very good breakfast, very friendly staff.

Value for money is just just ok.

The hotel seems to operate with a minimum of staff, which is good from an economic point of view. Howerver, the multitasking reduces the availability of staff for guests, e.g. When somebody is at breakfast, and the person serving breakfast is also responsible for check-outs. I am also not sure why our bed was not made up for the second night we stayed at the hotel.

I liked the location of the hotel, quiet and with a good view to the sea. Our room was nice, the bathroom not to spacious but ok, and clean. It is also convenient to have a restaurant for dinner on site.

Stylish accommodation, friendly service, good food and fantastic views.

Some confusion with the payments, as I was charged exactly double the amount quoted through booking.com. However, this was rectified speedily and in a friendly manner. We did not know that the entire beach of Pendine Sands is closed due to being MOD land, hence our intention to explore the beach just down from the house was scuppered. However, there are plenty of good beaches and cliffs nearby, but a car is essential.

Very well kept property and our rooms number 3 and 2 were excellent with lovely, distant views of the bay and sand beach. The furnishing was very nice and modern and stylish. The entrance was very welcoming and impressive. The common rooms were large but cosy and there was a big living room area with comfy leather sofas. The garden was very well kept and the conservatory looked a suitable and stylish addition to the house, although it was not used. We were allowed to shelter our bikes in there. Access to the property was very good and parking plenty.

Just Perfect in every way :)

The torrential rain! lol

Our whole stay at this hotel was excellent!! Our room ( No:4) was beautiful, spotlessly clean, beautiful views, lovely modern en-suite, the bed was very very comfy, Breakfast was excellent, very tasty ( loved the cockle & lava bread), you couldn' t wish for a better hotel to stay at, and the staff were a credit to the hotel , so so lovely. we cant wait to go back :)

Relaxing night in country house.
    • Family Room with Shower

The hospitality and the cosy room. Made for a lovely relaxing stay. The bar was closed but they reopened it for a couple of night caps which was very much appreciated. Lovely owners and investment in glamping huts looks very good. What a view from the front of house!

The weather was totally disappointing for us but the staff

It was cold and lacked homely items around the rest areas

The hotel was great lacked little comforts the day of arrival was miserable cold and wet and the room was cold ! Staff couldn't do enough for you

Lovely setting. Comfortable rooms.

The evening meal in the restaurant had to be sent back as Suet Pudding should be soft and not hard (overcooked). The second one was marginally better, but was obviously frozen and then microwaved. The restaurant is not of 'Country Hotel' status, and is more like a pub lounge.

Fabulous view from the bedroom window to the sea. Large comfortable bed.

Well worth a visit!

Nothing really. ..it's just a perfect place to get away from it all!

Fabulous,friendly staff.Excellent Restaurant. Definitely worth the money to eat there.

Tranquil location

It is a shame the restaurant is not open Sunday evenings but we knew this beforehand so we were prepared

Nice quiet location with lovely grounds & friendly staff. Ground floor rooms a bonus as my mother & I have mobility problems

Very comfortable

Lighting in bathroom could have been improved but not a Magor problem

Good value , helpful staff and very pleasing surrounding I would stay there again

Excellently located hotel, with very friendly and helpful staff

The bathroom door had no catch and could not be locked as the bolt was not correctly located. It needed to be wedged closed. The shower was powerful and it was rather too easy to flood the floor as only a small bathscreen was installed. Parking was ok, but on driving up we were not quite sure of designated spaces, and parked a bit further away than we might have done if we had known. We had a ground floor room by the path to reception and were somewhat shocked when another couple entered our room in error mistaking it for theirs - there is a row of identical French doors, not numbered, so it was an easy mistake to make.

Comfortable room and bed, powerful shower, excellent locally-sourced food in the restaurant, substantial and delicious breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff. The gardens are very well-kept, with views towards the sea. It was nice to come a little way out of Laugharne, which was rather too busy for our liking, to somewhere quiet and tranquil.

Fell lucky with my choice to visit this gem!

Very picky but prefer a softer bed myself, but slept well and thoroughly enjoyed. Would return without a doubt.

Welcoming friendly staff, good communication, warm greetings to our little dog too. Comfy and clean room, clean dining room with lovely views out the windows. It is located just past Laugharne Castle and not too far to drive to lovely south west Wales beaches!

Great stay at Laugharne.
    • Large Double Room

When we booked we stated that we would like to bring our dog. Were informed that we had a large room with sea views etc. When we arrived the staff informed that the large room allocated to us does not accept dogs, so we were given another room which was a little dissapointing but no great problem. The cost was adjusted to the smaller room.

Very good full Welsh breakfast with choice of Lava break and cockle fritter or hash brown. Also had eggs beneditct which were excellent. We asked to eat outside as we had a dog-staff were more than helpful. We were shown around the grounds to the new pods they are building-they look amazing-two have outdoor tubs and all seem to have bbq's.

Great location for walking Wales Coast path (and good bus service between Carmarthen and Amroth)

Lighting in bedroom could have been better. We like a continental or cerial and fruit breakfast but choice poor.

dining room, lounge, Sunday carvery, dinner menu all very good as was room service. Good on gluten free options. Grounds and views excellent and very private.

A stunning gem of a place located in beautiful setting

The light fittings in the room were a bit tired and could do with a change (looked a bit 90's) and the door to the en-suite hit the toilet when you opened it. Not a problem in itself but a pain in the early hours for the neighbours!

The rural setting and sea views were a delight. The building itself is interesting as was the orangery. Bed was comfy and the room clean and well appointed. Staff were helpful, approachable and friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them. The full Welsh breakfast was well presented and very tasty. We didn't eat until the evening.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

A VERY POSITIVE 5 DAY BREAK IN LAUGHARNE.

BEING OLDER A GRAB RAIL IN THE BATH WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO HOLD ON TO GETTING OUT THE BATH. TO BE FAIR WE WERE OFFERED ANOTHER ROOM WITH WALK IN SHOWER, BUT PREFERED THE FIRST ROOM OFFERED WHICH HAD A SHOWER OVER THE BATH. A LIGHT OVER THE DRESSING TABLE AREA , AND BETTER LOCK TO THE BATHROOM AND TOILET WOULD HAVE BEEN HELPFUL, BUT THESE ARE JUST PRODUCTIVE COMMENTS RATHER THAN CRITISCISIM. WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO MAYBE HAVE OFFERS ON WITH EVENING MEALS INCLUDED IN PACKAGE. NOT A CHEAP PLACE TO STAY, BUT NONE THE LESS VERY DELIGHTFUL AND PEACEFUL PLACE TO STAY OVERALL. WE ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH.

ALL STAFF WERE VERY PLEASANT,FRIENDLY, AND HELPFUL. ATMOSPHERE RELAXED AND UN PRESSURISED BUT STAFF ON HAND AND HELPFUL IF YOU NEEDED THEM. A VERY RELAXED STAY WITH GOOD FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION IN PEACEFUL AND VERY PLEASANT SURROUNDINGS. WOULD LIKE TO GO BACK FOR ANOTHER VISIT.

Lovely peaceful location, clean and comfortable room and...

Only downside was no one advised restaurant would be closed on Easter Sunday evening. After a busy day we were looking forward to a relaxing evening in the hotel

Lovely peaceful location, clean and comfortable room and friendly staff

Beautiful relaxing weekend
    • Large Double Room

Our only dislike (but not a complaint at all) the Resturant isn't open on Sunday evening which would have been nice.

The size of the room was perfect for us and our son. The staff were extra friendly and very very helpful. Location was perfect and beautiful.

It was lovely and comfortable
    • Family Room with Shower

They could have had a fridge freezer in the room The pull out bad wasn't very comfy

It was lovely and comfortable The staff were very friendly and helpful Breakfast was amazing

This hotel was a great find.

The only downside to the hotel for us was it was not really possible to walk into town as roads windy and not well light.

This hotel was a great find. It is attractive period building with a lovely spacious room. The breakfast was well cooked and enjoyed looking at a beautiful view. But the best thing about the hotel was the staff who were welcoming, informal and seemed to really care that we had a great stay.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Lovely hotel had a fantastic 3 day stay
    • Large Double Room

There was nothing I didn't like!

I could not fault the hotel! We were very well looked after, even though there was a wedding the next day, nothing was too much trouble. Our room was lovely with amazing views.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Great place to stay

Walked from Laugharne at night was dangerous and dark. Don't walk!,

Large warm room. Bathroom huge and modern. Breakfast excellent local produce wonderful quality

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

I'll be back!

A bit more lighting around the grounds to show off their superb location at night would be worthwhile.

Nice location, with great views. Staff very friendly. The food, both breakfast and evening meals, was superb. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. Would recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Fantastic place to stay, would highly recommend to anyone and would most definitely stay again!
    • Suite

Only thing if I was being fussy, is that the shower in the family room was tiny and I couldn't stand outside the shower and wash the children without soaking everything so I had to squeeze in with them and it was a squeeze! But we managed fine for a few nights

Staff and owners extremely friendly, superb food and a very warm welcome!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Unbeatable value

There is nothing to dislike. Would liked to have stayed longer

Excellent friendly staff who were always willing to go the extra mile to make us feel special Friendly relaxed atmosphere. Better than 10/10. Lovely food.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

excellent vlaue for money

room could have been bigger

food was excellent

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Beautiful location excellent service clean comfortable...

Nothing I didn’t like

Beautiful location excellent service clean comfortable bedroom stunning food

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Lovely comfortable stay

Good cooked breakfast

Just passing through

Poor service and slow. Not very happy staff.

Food exceeded expectations

Nice comfy stay

No Phone signal in the hotel, (EE) you have to go out into the grounds to make a call. No Fruit at breakfast

Nice quiet location. Well appointed rooms

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

No phone reception

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

No phone signal

Only a one night stay, but would visit again.

Couldn't find fault.

Very good service and accommodation. Wonderful location.

Nice property, good location

Slow restaurant service

Nice property, good location

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

I have a very restricted diet for health reasons.

Lighting in the bedroom

I have a very restricted diet for health reasons. The chef catered to my needs.

Alfra Business Trip

Really nice place food great to high standards and staff fantastic will be returning

Smashing!

The phone signal😂

The staff

Friendly staff.

Everything fine.

Friendly staff. Relaxed atmosphere. Good location and views.

Excellent scenic views!

Garden unsafe banking just off the car park. Potential health and safety issue.

Excellent scenic views!

Wonderful anniversary trip

Lovely location with fantastic views. The employees there were very friendly and attentive. Definitely would stay again.

Really lovely country hotel

Really lovely country hotel

Stunning Location!

Stunning location. Great service!