Reviews of Caistor Hall Hotel

Caistor St Edmunds, Norwich, NR14 8QN, United Kingdom

#19 of 21 hotels in Norwich

5.2

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Very enjoyable, relaxing and I will definitely be returning.

There was nothing I did not like.

The hotel is extremely clean and well presented, and the staff are excellent. I did not have time for the breakfast, but my evening meal the previous evening was first class. I would definitely recommend it. It is quiet and in lovely grounds.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Great potential good staff and facilities
    • Luxury Double Room

Building decor needs refreshing, no lift , stairs a little difficult for older people

Large rooms , plenty of space ,very helpful staff,breakfasts good ,grounds huge parking no problem and lots of space for kids to run around, weather fantastic.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Dissapointed
    • Luxury Superior Room with Jacuzzi

Everything was so rundown, and untidy, bed was uncomftable , we had a jacuzzi in our room, buttons and switches were all broken, TV worked as and when it wanted, genral condition of the whole place can be best described as run down, ,

The country side settings,, food was excellent

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Great staff who were willing to accommodate the guests to the best of their ability.

It was very "tired" in places...stained carpets and the like, furniture seen better days...not just old but broken in places and needed repairs.....but whilst not great it wouldnt prevent me going back again. As mentioned above the staff were really very good.

the staff were very good indeed. Nothing was too much bother and any request/query/issue was dealt with straight away and always with a smile and to 'accommodate" the customer. The hotel itself was pretty "tired", but quirky, and I would go back again just because the staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

A rather quirky hotel with numerous rooms like a Cluedo board.

There were very few guests in a huge house which seemed to be more of an events and conference centre than a hotel. Continental breakfast lacked fruit

Bedroom large, comfortable and well-furnished with antique furniture. Large grounds in which to relax. Dinner good. Staff efficient and helpful

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Excellent, enjoyable stay.
    • Luxury Superior Room

Nothing as such, perhaps the rooms needs a little attention but this is nit picking as we would certainly love to stay again and plan to do so.

The location is lovely, the room was very good, the staff are pleasant, friendly and efficient. The food - dinner and breakfast was very good. Very relaxing place to stay, look forward to staying there again. I made a request for something as a surprise, and this request was acknowledged, and then carried out by the staff - very impressed by that thoughtfulness

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Great peaceful overnight stay within a few minutes drive of Norwich

Bathroom in need of a little modernisation, however not to be expected with such an old building. WiFi and tv signal problematic.

Friendly and helpful staff. Great old building with lots of character in a fantastic setting. The food we ordered at the bar was really good.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Excellent food and not expensive.

Paid 110 pounds for a supierior room.very tired and needs up dating.pink bathroom suite was stained,window cracked.drill holes in wall.was not a proper four poster..then had to pay extra for breakfast.not value for money.

Excellent food and not expensive.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Period hotel fair priced and peaceful
    • Luxury Superior Room with Jacuzzi

Just needs the update it’s due to now have but it’s beautiful

The hotel was a luxury superior room and for the price I paid I was very please ive been to many hotels of all grades and I seen many bad reviews about it being dated I do agree it needs a few things updated and painted in a lot of places but I loved it. It’s trying to keep as Many of its ORGINAL Georgian features as is possiable and supply’s you with antique furniture if you want luxuary modern clean lines then seek another hotel. The staff capacity is small but very friendly and food fair prices drinks are a little expensive. The grounds are beautiful and a large well kept car park It has a marquee that is very soon to be re carpeted and cleaned and the hotel itself has now been taken over by another independent family and soon to do a closure for a refurbished I personally would love to take this hotel and try to get the best use possiable from what it has to offer my ideas were endless But I did mention I have lived in Norwich Nd up this way for past 23 years I actually pass the main roads a few times a week and live up the road in Lowestoft but never heard of it until I found it in booking.com So please for the price it’s fair it’s beautiful I know the cheaper rooms need a update but let’s hope they keep the features it needs to stay Georgian style. If your getting married it has an amazing book in reception and it’s ideal and beautiful. Food was lovley too best soup and roll I ever tasted 👍🏻 It just needs an event planner to do the work it needs to bring people in

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

The staff are lovely helpful my husband left his medication...
    • Luxury Superior Room with Jacuzzi

The rooms could do with a freshen up but I think this will be addressed as it has a new owner

The staff are lovely helpful my husband left his medication in the room they are kindly posting it to us no bother at all food is good and a nice selection of Gins

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Exactly what I needed.

My only slight niggles were the room was advertised as having a CD player but there wasn't one (never mind) and I could hear people at night in reception coming back late. But I am a very VERY light sleeper. I should have taken ear plugs, I should know better. But I've stayed in far noisier places and it didn't last long. Don't let that put you off.

I needed a night away to get some peace & quiet and a little me time/thinking time. Caistor Hall Hotel was perfect. It's a little dated in places it's true but I honestly didn't care. The bed was comfy (four poster), the bath was deep and plenty of hot water, the room I stayed in was spacious, the hotel is set in lovely grounds and I could enjoy a chilled cider outside in the sun. Someone else cooked a lovely curry for me (vegan) and the staff were lovely too. Oh and I also had a plentiful breakfast! Thank you Caistor Hall Hotel.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

Good value for money.

My room was ok and, I suppose, was good value for the price I paid. It was just that the view from the window was awful and the curtains were in a very poor state. Hanging off rail, linings hanging below curtain and a pelmet that looked as if it had been used elsewhere with a different set of curtains. Just all very tatty. Also, room was very cold and instructions for heating system were useless (told me to press buttons that I could not locate on the handset given to me).

Convenient location. Very nice grounds. Conference room used was very good.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

The building itself was somewhat dated but that was more...

The building itself was somewhat dated but that was more than made up for by the friendliness and the attentiveness of ALL the staff we came into contact with. Excellent and would definitely stay there again

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Disappointing, possibly the worst hotel we have stayed in. Has so much potential.

Bathroom belongs in the last century. Bath and basin pink, toilet white, shower went hot and cold depending on who else was running water. Tap dripped continuously all night. Bed creaked when one of us moved. That was quite difficult due to the weight of the duvet. Bar area was pleasant in the afternoon but turned cold in the evening.

Lovely gardens although poorly maintained. Staff friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Peace and tranquility
    • Luxury Double Room

Bathroom blind looked liked it needed replacing. Water from bathroom taps didnt always come out.

I emailed ahead to let them know i was a Vegan and I made a couple of requests for breakfast and my evening meal. When I go there the chef came out to discuss my meal and options. The meal was wonderful and was quite cheap. They also provided me with a jug of soya milk for my room. The hotel was clean and tidy and the garden was beautiful, I really enjoyed a glass of wine out there whilst reading. So quiet and peaceful. The bar staff and restaurant staff were extremely polite and helpful as well as reception staff. The room was large and very clean. Breakfast was soya porridge as previously requested and was delicious. Hoping to come again soon, couldnt understand why it wasnt fully booked as the price was very good.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Interior is in bad need of a complete modernisation but exterior lovely
    • Luxury Superior Room with Jacuzzi

Interior is in bad need of a complete modernisation. Everything felt old and tacky. Shower cubicle was tiny 750cm square - not what I would expect from a "luxury superior room". Bathroom needed gutting. Jacuzzi filled quickly but did not work. Only one double socket in a massive room. Hardly sufficient! Bar area needs a redesign and refit. I certainly would not recommend the hotel.

The exterior of the building looks amazing and the grounds are lovely. Friendly staff. However, the interior is in bad need of a complete modernisation.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Everything I needed at a reasonable price.

WiFi very poor, light in room very dim, View from Window poor but nothing that would stop me from staying again

Nice comfortable air conditioned room. Very pleasant staff. I have stayed here for 3 weeks now and have arranged an "ongoing booking". Best hotel I have found for the price in Norwich.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

It was a wonderful beginning to a wonderful marriage.

The beer prices were a bit overly expensive and the jacuzzi wouldn’t turn on but i might not have been trying it right.

The breakfast was absolutely fantastic the sausage was delicious and bacon had a wonderful crunch.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

The building was beautiful, the staff lovely and the feel welcoming the room let it down.
    • Luxury Double Room

The bathroom was awful very small very basic and in need of updating.

The room itself wasn’t great and the bathroom was awful but the staff were lovely. The place had a really lovely feel and was very comfortable. It was so peaceful and a happy place to be. I would definitely stay again but would have to ensure the room and bathroom were an acceptable standard.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Value for money, but not a romantic retreat.

The property was quite tatty, but could be super if it was refurbished. Car park needed redoing. Bit chilly in the bar/ lounge area.

Liked the real fire in the lounge/ bar area. Facilities in the room were very good - tea and coffee, tissues, toiletries. Room was really warm (snow outside!) Plenty of parking. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Second room made up for the first albeit a shame I was put in there in the first place.

First room was a disaster. Very old and tired decor. Shower hot water did not work and cold water very weak. Carpet was very marked and room cleanliness not up to expected standard.

Second room accommodated in was appropriate and all in working order. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

Excellent food & service!

The bathroom was dated.

We attended an annual dinner at the hotel and stayed overnight. The meal at the function was excellent - good choices, plenty of vegetables, water on the table, and the food all served hot - well done chef! All staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a bit tired but clean and bed comfortable and good value for the price paid .

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

Wouldn't go back. Very disappointed
    • Luxury Double Room

Rooms cold when we arrived and took a while to heat up with air con. Food on room and bar menus not available. The shower didn't work. No atmosphere and in need of complete redecoration.

Nice building but very tired and besides being a prettty house was very poor.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

After all the negative we still had a enjoyable stay

The establishment had no brandy glasses Rooms in need of updating Tv wasn't working Bed was hard and gave us a bad back after two nights stay Room was very cold even with temp set at 30 degrees on air conditioning And after 1 bath no hot water Photos on site are very misleading

Staff was very good and professional

• Reviewed: November 17, 2017

Potential!

No heating in general areas in November. Poached eggs had a plastic taste at breakfast - maybe microwaved?

Difficult review as massively mixed feelings. Nice staff who did their best in the circumstances. My over-riding comment is that there is potential here. Business users expect WIFI to be reliable throughout the hotel and this is not the case here. Even in the Library it's sketchy. We were 3 of only 4 guests and therefore it seemed like it wasn't worth making the effort to "open up". No heat in general areas which led to us getting a taxi out to dinner due to the Library and dining room being freezing. I actually had to go and ask for the fire to be lit and no radiators were on. We had planned to eat there but as we were entertaining a client up from London we simply couldn't stay there. Her report of the hotel would be much more damning but as I say, my view is that if you iron out some fairly easy to sort issues then we would use it a lot given that we use venues in Norfolk for 10-16 people training events several times a year. If you have one client or twenty - they should not feel like they are in a closed, unheated hotel in November. A bit embarrassing to have taken a client there but hope to be able to return if we hear that things have improved. The other thing that my client laughed at was that the opening page of the "welcome" booklet was a list of what we'd be charged if we did something wrong. Also being given the air con remote control at reception rather than it being in the room seems to suggest a mistrust of customers which is a bit odd.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

I didn’t eat the breakfast

There was no WiFi at the hotel and no phone signal. My door’s lock was broken so had to be moved. Bedside lamps not working, poor light in the rooms. Lack of full length mirror in room, switch broken on hairdryer. Needs some TLC such a stunning venue

I didn’t eat the breakfast

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

We stayed for 1 night when we arrived given room which was really dated , no problem changing rooms
    • Luxury Double Room

The choice of the first room very dated

We had to change rooms as the room window was looking at a wall , and the bed had seen better days , staff very helpful ,

• Reviewed: September 22, 2017

Disappointed with what could be a great hotel

The whole hotel is very tired and could do with refurbishment/decorating. The carpet in our room was beige, so it was black around the edges with stains. The bathroom wasn't very nice at all. Our hotel window overlooked the kitchen ventilation ducts, which made quite a noise when in use. Not at all like the pictures in booking.com website, where the rooms look fresh & clean. I am sure this is a great hotel, but it needs decorating, upgrading and cleaning.

We arrived late evening so ate in the Restaurant. The menu was varied and the food was fabulous. Chef and staff were very helpful and friendly and did their best to make our 2 night stay a pleasant one.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Disastrous!

Nothing at all was good.

This is by a long way the very worst hotel that we have ever stayed in! It is tired and tatty in the extreme to the point where I am sure if inspected it would be closed down immediately as a danger. The wiring looks as though it was last replaced 50 years ago and has been extensively added too ever since, all surface mounted! Our bath had three rust holes in it and the shower was so old it was virtually unusable. The curtains didn't fit the windows, the bed nearly sank to the floor when you sat on it, carpets were frayed, woodwork throughout was dirty, damaged and scuffed. The main staircase appears about to collapse, sloping away from the supporting wall dangerously. There was a queue at checkout and without exception everyone was complaining, the receptionist agreed with all points and just kept apologizing, the manager was not to be found. To charge £150 per night plus breakfast is an absolute disgrace.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

A very pleasant stay. Comfortable rooms, good food, good value

No Wi-Fi in the rooms, in the public areas it was not secure & was slow!!

The hotel & the grounds were most enjoyable.........although nature & old buildings are not perfect. The food in the restaurant & the service was excellent.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

The property is tired and dated. The 2 bedrooms looked like they had last been updated decades ago. I didn't feel it represented good value for money

The staff were friendly

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Poor quality, over priced
    • Luxury Superior Room

Hotel under staffed. Reception closed at 4pm. Building run down. Food poor - did not have all ingredients for a full English breakfast. Food swimming in oil. Staff very sparse. Only 1 person on front of house duties at any one time. Over charged on bill on departure. Will not go there again as massively over priced, at £170 per night, I would expect more for my money. I have stayed at better places for £65 per night in this area.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Good atmosphere and the staff could not have been friendlier...

Good atmosphere and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful, going the extra mile when sorting out a minor issue with our room. Would happily stay again.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

caistor hall review

It was remote, no phone signal, light bulb and handle and lock on bathroom not working, not enough selection of tea/coffee making facilities.

It was peaceful, the bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2017

average stay very comfy bed quiet room

Tiny tv in corner, most hotels have larger widescreen tvs , checked room cost to find booking dot com had took £90 ( more than 50% deposit !!!!! ) the hotel wanted to charge £52 on top instead of £15 balance due

comftable bed & a very quiet room

• Reviewed: June 17, 2017

Wonderful staff in a hotel with a beautiful and quiet setting.

We had a room at the top of the house which had air con but was still very warm overnight as it wasn't easy to control the temperature. Stair access to these rooms could be a problem for some.

Breakfasts were well cooked and tasty. Lots of choice throughout our stay. The staff were extremely polite and helpful accommodating our every need. The setting/grounds are beautiful and we were lucky to catch some warm weather so sitting outside for a cup of tea was a bonus.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2017

Relaxing stay and a short hop to city centre

Nothing. Staff members were in training and some needed colleague guidance but they were polite and as helpful as possible.

Lovely hotel and lovely quiet location

• Reviewed: June 5, 2017

Good olde world hotel, got a 50% off so acceptable I would have been dissappointed at full price

This is an old property and although the public areas on the ground floor were in good condition the corridoors and bathrooms need some attention and refurb/decoration. I was at the top of the house and the shower was difficult to regulate the temperature. If I had paid full price, I got this as a 50% off deal, I would have been very dissappointed

The rooms were clean and fresh, quiet countryside locations, free takeaway coffee each morning on reception, staff were chatty and helpful, I got this at 50% off is I had paid full price my review would have reflected this

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Shabbie chic with lovely friendly staff. A nice experience in Norwich.

For Hotel management view only ! Housekeeping was superficial. Dead flies, dirty window frames and cobwebs are an unpleasant introduction to an otherwise nicely appointed bedroom. The property needs a deep clean and repaint to show off its delightful character to best effect.

The property was well located but a little hard to find..

• Reviewed: May 25, 2017

Beautiful hotel, but does need a refurb

In more dire need of a refurb than any hotel since the Shining! Desperately needs modernisation of hotel & rooms.

Beautiful hotel in beautiful surroundings. Staff were very accommodating - got room changed without hassel.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2017

A peaceful retreat on the outskirts of Norwich

Our room looked out over a bank of air conditioners and the bathroom (in need of a revamp) was damp and musty. Parts of the hotel seem a bit run down and the whole place could do with a little TLC.

The size and space of the room was great and there was a friendly, homely feel to the hotel in general that we really enjoyed. The rate was very reasonable and the cooked breakfast was really good. We dined in one night and we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

A bed for the night,with potential
    • Luxury Superior Room

Well overpriced,for a very poor room. In need of updating,as was a bit of a grubby B and B. Unkempt. Overpriced

Staff were good. Poorly kept accomadation.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

A weekend treat with the wife.
    • Luxury Double Room

The room wasn't as expected. The bathroom was very poor and wasn't anything like the pictures advertised. Was a little disappointed.

Food in the evening was excellent and the location was fantastic.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

Pretty awful.

1. Dining room staff hadn't a clue about anything, e.g wine plonked on the table without pulling the cork etc. The list is endless. They obviously hadn't been trained. Not their fault but management's fault. 2. Smelly damp room. 3. Ensuite awful. 4. Medium steak overcooked and grossly over priced. Returned and they tried to charge for it. 5. I felt sorry for the young staff.

The location.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

Fantastic getaway, if it's just the room your after and don't mind paying for everything else.

The standard room was in need of tlc. The shower head was in need of replacing (Legionella breading ground alert). There was cctv everywhere, bar, dinning hall, corridors. (a little big brother) First time I've ever had steak served without chips/fries etc, very strange. Menu choice was small.

The hotel was silent, staff were amazingly helpful. Food was fantastic.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2017

Never going back
    • Luxury Superior Room

No food available. Staff not willing to provide any compensation. Bar area freezing cold. Gas ran out on taps so no beers or fizzy drinks from the taps

Jacuzzi in the room

• Reviewed: January 11, 2017

lovely hoyel and fabulous food
    • Luxury Superior Room

Disappointed that the bar was closed till 5pm. We arrived at 3 and couldn't get a drink or snack so had to drive to local shop. The heating in our bathroom didn't work, however staff were quick to put a heater in when informed. Staff on reception seemed to be training/ new but was not confident in any answer, we asked if they had a restaurant on site and she was unsure. Also on checking out didn't ask if we had a good time etc

Beautiful room with a separate upstairs bathroom and Jacuzzi. Food was incredible and staff were helpful

• Reviewed: December 15, 2016

You can't Polish a turd

The green TV picture, pumping dance music from kitchen, industrial extractors outside window, worn out decor and furniture, staying there is like being in faulty towers

• Reviewed: November 30, 2016

The building

TV not working, staff zero personality, food awful bath grimy and dirty complained about food and tv not dealt with in correct manner, radio blaring early morning down stairs, inner decor poor and dingy, don't not stay even if its free really depressing place

The building

• Reviewed: November 20, 2016

OK, won't be back

Very tired hotel, needs a bit of a spruce up, tatty and dated, service VERY slow, room stifling,yet public rooms very chilly.

Large room, close to Norwich

• Reviewed: November 9, 2016

Pleasant, comfortable hotel.

Restaurant dinner service badly affected, presumably by a wedding reception (three hours to complete two courses!!!) Bathroom a little dated but did the job.

Older, somewhat quirky hotel. Comfortable sized (superior) room and adequate, pleasant hotel facilities (lounge, restaurant, etc.). Good countryside location, handy for city.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2016

3.0
    Go somewhere else

Whole place run down. The only room that gave good impression was the dinning room at that even had not been cleaned for some days. As to staff apart from one who serve at the bar on Sunday really could not care. We booked a superior room but where offer something from a very poor blackpool 1950s guess house this was changed but again looked dated and needing a full make over.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2016

Has the potential to be terrific

Room needs a bit of tlc...plumbing noises awful. Lot of noise from function room at 2pm as people left

Room 423 is a lovely sized room with great window

• Reviewed: October 5, 2016

Faded gentility

The room was for me short of what was required these days. Acknowledge it's on old building but the bathroom was cramped and would tax anyone of limited mobility. Shower over bath required care. I would not want to fall in this room. Decor of bathroom was grim. Room looked tired. No where to really sit and work. Lighting poor- I moved bedside lamp but less than what I would expect. Not overly concerned with the tv but what was here was archaic.

No issue with staff who were welcoming and helpful. Meal was fine.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2016

Excellent building and gardens

TV did not work and could not get sorted. WiFi did not work in my room and poorly in the lounges

Location outlook, character of the building, friendly staff

• Reviewed: September 25, 2016

Staff were lovely

Very tired decor in bedroom and carpet was stained. Old fashioned shower and black moulding around bath. Beautiful grounds and lovely dining room but definitely needs some tlc.

Staff were lovely

• Reviewed: September 21, 2016

Nice hotel, a little bit pricey
    • Luxury Superior Room

Asked for a room with a luxury spa in it, but didn't get it and no one said anything about it. Paid £130 foe the room, so therefore I think the value for money wasn't that great.

Nice big room, comfy bed. Lovely location.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2016

beautiful location.

could not control the hot water tap in the shower- started off cold then got very hot and then stayed hot..if that is fixed- no complaints

great view from my bed room of the garden

• Reviewed: September 15, 2016

OK - but won't be staying again

Receptionist on arrival didn't greet us enthusiastically. Hotel had huge potential but looked very tired & badly in need of some tlc

Attractive old building, large room, extensive hotel grounds

• Reviewed: September 8, 2016

Bad

The air con didn't work the staff swore and didn't know how to work air con. Water was freezing and then burning bath was dirty. Requested a news paper it arrived 10 mins before check out.

The bed was comfy and was greeted well when arriving

• Reviewed: September 7, 2016

would stay there again
    • Luxury Double Room

Cleaner bathroom blind ! would have been nice to have a shower cap! although we didn't ask.

The bedroom was nice and the bed was comfortable. Hotel nice and quiet. Nothing was too much for the staff to do for us.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2016

lovely room very comfy bed.

THE BATHROOM pink 1960 bath and pedestal white toilet black mold around the bathtub poor lighting .the insects in the globe did not help

lovely room very comfy bed. linen and towels beautifully crisp and clean it is a shame that the bathroom lets this establishment down. we could not find any senior management or proprietors only young students who were trying very hard to please but could not answer our queries four night stay £20 per day added for breakfast makes this venue not value for money

• Reviewed: August 21, 2016

POOR VALUE FOR MONEY
    • Luxury Superior Room

Emily reception on arrival And Nancy reastaurant staff both delightful and helpful Other reception staff not exactly friendly. Food far too expensive for average food, after dinner 1st night we ate at the wildebeest reastaurant up the road, cheaper than hotel and superb quality food and service. The Hotel reastaurant mostly seemed empty, to be frank this is not suprising. Room was comfy but tired and grubby. Nice bathroom. Definitely WOULD NOT return.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2016

Lovely stay ...
    • Luxury Double Room

The staff .. All but one were quite blunt .. The night staff didn't understand we wanted towels for our room because they didn't put any in ..

Rooms were really lovely and clean.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2016

Brilliant time would stay again 🤓☘

Male bar staff asking for payment off wine in middle of the meal as not put it on the room bill and bar not open when arrived was my birthday week so had coffee I let it pass as not want any fuss

Was great hotel good food nice room reception very welcoming 👍

• Reviewed: August 13, 2016

Great building - poor service

Wifi just doesn't work - one bar at best. very small tv with poor reception. Service is a joke - very unprofessional and shambolic

Great building - love the artwork on the walls

• Reviewed: August 9, 2016

Nice But Wouldn't Stay Again

The hotel was empty when I stayed and despite the staff being friendly it didn't really make for a great stay. There were no staff around in the day and no guests anywhere to be seen. I had a large room in the main hotel which was very spacious, good tv, slightly old fashioned, but when getting into bed I noticed the bed spread was covered in stains which massively put me off. Nice hotel but wouldn't stay again, only stayed as my usual hotel was fully booked. High price for the facilities available, £99 for a weeknight without breakfast - not surprised it was empty. Would stay in a city center chain for the same price instead of here next time!

The staff at the hotel were lovely and the location was great. The food at the restaurant was delicious, well priced and fast service.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2016

Great hotel but breakfast lets it down

Breakfast was a bit of a disaster. Just 3 types of cereals, no bread, no fruit and no orange juice. Hot food was available but there was no menu. Only one member of staff, so it took a long time.

The grounds were wonderful and the building itself has lots of character. The room was better than we expected although the bathroom was very dated. Had a great evening meal

• Reviewed: August 3, 2016

Don't bother with this place. Its a lovely building but it's as if the management is very complacent

Where do I begin? Only one set of towels in room and only one glass. After asking 3 times, and waiting 3 hours, we finally got more towels but the glass never arrived, and I couldn't be bothered to ask again! We couldn't open the window as that let in the smell of the cigarettes from the staff area (who all seemed to smoke)! Bathroom floor was dirty and basin tap was loose. Decorations were poor and where the door lock and overhead closer had been replaced the frame had been repaired with poorly fitting, and undecorated, pieces of timber. Room not soundproofed at all!

Lovely building and good location

Dissapointing

Never any staff on reception, bed incredibly hard, breakfast very poor for £10.00 each !! Scrambled eggs had no taste and was piled on top of cold toast with no butter in sight !! Maybe they should concentrate on weddings only. Decor poor and no atmosphere at all

Pretty grounds and surroundings

• Reviewed: July 30, 2016

Great potential but a little wide of the mark.
    • Luxury Superior Room

We were locked out of the hotel when we returned from a night out with friends, around 11.40 pm. No lights on anywhere and it took 15 minutes of loud aggressive knocking at all entrances to get back into the hotel!!! We really thought we would be sleeping in the car or another hotel. An unpleasant experience.

Style of bedroom was as expected - good! We also expected a jacuzzi type bath which we thought we had booked for but we didn't get this.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2016

A shameful waste of a beautiful building...

Staff were poor, when it was possible to find anyone (a lot of the time it wasn't). The room was dingy and old and quite frankly a disgrace to the beauty of the exterior. Breakfast was expensive and mediocre. The grounds were nice enough, but could have been so much more with a bit of attention. All around a very disappointing experience, and, what's worse, a rather expensive one!

The hotel is set in the village of Caistor in the heart of the beautiful Norfolk countryside, but it's an easy taxi to the centre of Norwich. The hotel itself is a wonderful building.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2016

I will stick with the Travelodge at Acle in future, the rooms and facilities are much better there.

Room was awful, hardly standard let alone the stated luxury! Bathroom was antiquated. Didn't use restaurant as it was almost empty with no atmosphere.

Good location for what we needed.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2016

The air conditioning was nice to have.

I dont think we had the nicest of rooms. The tea selection was poor,we only had enough for one and it didnt taste nice. Not sure if milk was off and stained cup.

The air conditioning was nice to have. The bed was really comfortable. Staff were professional and friendly.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Good value ,nice staff-will return.

Bigger choice of food.

Pleasant staff,value for money,location.excellent bar meals.relaxed atmosphere.

Browse Caistor Hall Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery