Reviews of Cambridge Villa Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

20A Emscote Road, Warwick, CV34 4PP, United Kingdom

#11 of 24 hotels in Warwick

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

A very warm welcome and a comfortable stay, thank you.

On a quite busy main road, so rooms at the front get frequent traffic noise. Windows open for hot weather made this a significant issue.

Comfortable room, with good firm mattresses on the beds. Superb refurbished bathroom, very spacious . Very friendly & helpful staff, family run . Good breakfast. Handy location for visiting much of Warwick.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

The room we stayed in had been renovated, was clean modern...

The parking is a little difficult to find but is still a good thing to have in the busy area. Whilst the corridor decor is a little dated I feel that this adds to the charm of the property

The room we stayed in had been renovated, was clean modern but still charming with the the old features such a the 4 poster bed, the wardrobe and chandelier. The en-suite bathroom was clean and modern.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Adequate basic stay

Beds were hard . Pillows were awful . Water took a long time to empty in the sink and bath . A constant noise from road as needed windows open due to hot weather.

Near to town . Friendly owners .

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

The proprietor and her family were lovely and very helpful.

The facilities are very tired at this family run hotel. The proprietor is now elderly and one of her son's is now taking the helm,so refurbishment will no doubt vastly improve this venue. There is parking albeit since it is right at the rear of the property it was not easy to find on ones own.

The proprietor and her family were lovely and very helpful. One of the son's guided us to the parking area,then carried our luggage to our rooms. So, it was the dated nature of the establishment which let the venue down.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Older, but comfortable accommodation. Large modernised en suite & clean bedding.

Older style property needs updating in some areas. Breakfast pretty ordinary with lack of fresh fruit choice

Walking distance to Warwick Castle. Helpful, welcoming Mother & Son hosts. Family friendly "Millwright Arms" pub nearby.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Friendly and welcoming

Room was a bit on the small size for two adults and two big cases. We were only there for a few nights so we managed and it wouldn’t put me off staying there again.

Very friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast and easy parking.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Absolutely brilliant place to stay in Warwick

Nothing - it was perfect

Absolutely everything- facilities, decor, friendliness of all the family owners. You are made to feel like one of the family rather than a paying guest.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

If in Warwick, try this for comfort and relaxation.

No downers really, especially the staff and Marco.....constantly going above the call of duty and nothing was any trouble to them. Made for a fantastic long weekend away...we can not recommend enough.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Lovely hosts, the breakfast was huge and delicious, perfect...

The sign in front of the hotel cannot be seen from a distance so it caused a bit of difficulty to find the hotel.

Lovely hosts, the breakfast was huge and delicious, perfect location for town visitors

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

It was a fair budget hotel

Checkout is relatively early at 10:30, a small 1 hour window for breakfast. Functional, but really needs updating, and there was a lot of dust and debris under the bed. Had the feel of an old-fashioned B&B rather than a hotel (even though the lady who welcomed us and checked us out was lovely, she was more caretaker staff than professional hotel staff able to guide and advise on Warwick).

Very well located, and with parking. The lady who works there allowed us to grab a coffee as we missed breakfast.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Fealt very welcome and enjoyed the stay. Ideally located for Warwick and neighbouring towns.

Perhaps decoration a bit tired nevertheless, bedding was clean and fresh. Good value for the price.

Friendly, welcoming and nothing was a bother. Breakfasts were excellent.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Great stay

Its nothing much but at first didn't know how to get back in without ringing bell and disturbing the staff ,but the backdoor is accessible and once we parked we could see this

The biscuits and chocolate in the room was a great little touch nice place and staff were great ,the breakfast was fantastic

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Nice stay and people, good VFM, and very handy for town centre

Bit confused about paying, I booked with Booking.com and offered to settle up the night before, but was told 'no you booked with .com so there is no need', so in the morning when I was in a hurry I was called back into the breakfast room to be asked to pay, when I thought I already had, this was embarrassing in front of other guests.

Nice breakfast, although bit puzzled as to why it which came separately. Really liked the bar. Staff were lovely and friendly, nice family atmosphere.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Monday to Friday break

Nothing to complain about.

Excellent value for money hotel within 10 min walk of Warwick centre. Friendly attentive hosts who catered for all needs. Decent made to order cooked breakfasts. Off street private parking and although the hotel may need a little TLC the room we had (16) was clean and tidy and although on the front of the property on the main road the double glazing kept external noise to a minimum ensuring a good nights sleep.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

We stayed here for one night.

Just one thing which could help to the others guests. I would put some bigger sign with arrow to direct parking behind the hotel.

We stayed here for one night. We read couple of negative reviews before so we were surprised when we came. I dont understand why people are so mean sometimes. There is always space for improvement but hey, the atmosphere was great, bedrooms clean, host family helped with anything... so sometimes is better dont read negative comments. Thank you for your friendly hospitality and never give up.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Never again

I have to say there was nothing about this 'hotel' that was enjoyable, and I would never stay here again. I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would write a positive review of this establishment. It is by far from a hotel. At best it is a second rate B&B. The photographs that are displayed by the proprietor are frankly misleading (see mine below). The carpet in our room (11) was stained and uneven in places. There were no easy chairs on which to sit. The furniture was very basic with what appeared to be a kitchen worktop cut down to be used as a television shelf. The bathroom appeared to have been recently refurbished but unfortunately not to it's best advantage (not to mention the 3 steps up from the bedroom area to get to it!). The electrics were dubious - with a request to unplug the TV set at night! No light outside our room in the narrow corridor leading to our door. The 'fantastic' breakfast that most people seem to comment on? My cooked breakfast was cold food served on a cold plate. A basic that any establishment should get right, and I would never dream of serving a fried egg with a cracked yolk to a paying guest. Our complaints at the end of our stay fell on deaf ears, with their suggestion that they mark us as a 'no show' with Booking.com when we asked for a refund, which we refused to do. I feel that the 'friendly' staff the reviewers talk about it just a ploy used in the hope that it will stop guests seeing what is really going on. Never again. We would have stayed somewhere else if we could have found anywhere.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Worst place I've ever stayed in; do not believe the other reviews or photos

The front of the hotel sums the place up; dirty and run down; its a very low standard B&B charging mid-range price. We stayed in the front room with the 4 poster bed based on reviews and photographs which are many years old. My photos tell a tale of wallpaper peeling off the wall because of damp which also makes the room stink; threadbare carpet which is uneven in places, damaged and faded paintwork; damaged front window, dowdy and faded linen and not enough room to swing a cat. We had to stay because we had nowhere else to go and in the morning received a well below par breakfast which was largely cold and included budget sausage served on cold plates. All reviews suggest they are lovely people but this I suggest is a mask to cover for this dump of a place. I did complain nicely but my comments fell on deaf ears; it would appear that the Management are quite content to wallow in this pit and take your money. Please see my photographs.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Very friendly, room was comfortable and breakfast very tasty.

Was more a Guest House than Hotel and is in dire need of a refurb as décor is tired and date.

Very friendly, room was comfortable and breakfast very tasty.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

A very welcoming place to stay.

The owners were very welcoming , and interested without being nosy. They were concerned that I knew the way to walk to my appointment. The room was well aired. The cooked breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Really loved staying here

This is a fantastic B & B to stay at, The rooms are comfy & good size. The family who runs it are very helpful & friendly. The breakfast is yummy, It's close to town all round great place to stay. Highly recommend

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

lovely people. lovely service and would recommend

My only real issue was the difficulty I had getting to college the next morning. infrequent bus - but bus stop was outside the door

friendly people and very clean. They collected me from Lemington Spa when I arrived.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

I will definitely stay at the Cambridge Villas again when i...

there is nothing not to like at all.

I will definitely stay at the Cambridge Villas again when i am in the area, a lovely room, great atmosphere, and a fantastic breakfast to set you up for the day. The mother and son team really made you feel welcome.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

This is a most welcoming family business and we couldn't have enjoyed our stay more.

From the moment we arrived and greeted by the owner we had a wonderful stay. The room was great with tea and coffee provided. Bathroom is fabulous and the biggest we have ever been in. Breakfast is superb and plenty provided.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Would love to visit again and hopefully stay the course next time

There was nothing not to like about our stay , just a little short walk to amenities

Absolutely loved the owners , sorry didn’t know your name altho you knew ours lol it was loving to meet you both , so helpful and friendly , excellent breakfast ! Quiet and homely , had to leave earlier than expected and was disappointed to have to go !

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Great B&B

Not enough time in Warwick.

Great location, great value, friendly humorous host, secure parking, good breakfast. Comfortable walk to restaurants, the castle and shops. Edward Bear was quietly companionable.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Very small bathroom/shower cubicle

Great location within 10mins walking distance of Warwick centre which was ideal for me as I was on a training course. Plenty of parking at the property. Friendly staff who were happy to help. Comfortable room which did the job for a 1 night stopover. Would definitely book agai for when im next on a course.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

lovely friendly family

I'm a typical Yorkshire man and I thought it was slightly expensive but that takes nothing away from the friendliness and cleanliness of the hotel

lovely friendly family

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

The staff were really friendly and helpful and the breakfast...

The room was tired. Lots of trailing cables leading to extension plugs, no mattress cover over a lumpy bed and peeling paint on the bathroom ceiling showing damp.

The staff were really friendly and helpful and the breakfast delicious. Off road paring is always a bonus.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

The hosts make you feel welcome and a part of their home rather than just being at a B&B

The heating in the room could perhaps have come on a little earlier but I am sure if I had asked, the hosts would have been more than happy to arrange this.

Nothing was too much trouble even though I had to have an earlier breakfast than they usually provide because I was at a conference. Such friendly hosts, always greeted me by name and took the time to engage and take an interest in what I had been doing for the day. A home from home type of stay.

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

The owners were welcoming and very friendly.

The owners were welcoming and very friendly. I felt really comfortable despite travelling on my own on a business trip. The room was clean and comfortable. I will go back again.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2017

N.A.

Some of the friendliest people that I have met. It is a family owned hotel with 12 rooms and excellent service. Very friendly, feels like home. Will definitely visit again when in the neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Excellent service and good location. Recommended

It could have been cleaner and on the last day they changed us a fee for our little dog. This was not a problem but it would have been better to know in advance.

Excellent customer service, the hotel is very comfy and they are pet friendly. In a good location too and the included breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

Quirky like a proper house, not standardised like a hotel.

Didn't quite know where to sit at breakfast, as all the available tables were set for 4 people. But I needn't have worried, as the staff didn't mind (unlike some B&Bs where you have to sit at the table designated for your room).

Loved the room, bigger and brighter than I expected, with plenty of storage and table space, and interesting artwork on the walls (pencil drawings of architectural features). There was even a teddy bear on the bed, which made the place seem even more welcoming.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2017

Comfortable lodgings for my short business trip. Had to leave early so couldn't try the breakfast

Location suited me for work but not fantastic for a holiday although probably good as a base for Warwick. Car essential.

Owners were lovely and really helpful. Private parking at rear is very good as there is no parking on the road. Bed and room very comfortable. Wifi was fine

• Reviewed: November 30, 2017

Comfortable room nice and quiet, close to restaurants, great breakfast.

Not the Hilton and could be improved but you get what you pay for, stayed here a couple of times and will be using again next year when in Warwick on business

Friendly people, located close to the centre but still quiet

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

Excellent one night stay.

Only stayed for 1 night but it was great. The manager Bruna was a wonderful friendly helpful lady. It was lovely and warm in the property and bedroom which was great as it was so cold outside. The breakfast was excellent full english plus cereals fruit juices and yogurts. Would not hesitate to stay there again. Beautiful white clean bedding and comfortable nights sleep, also toiletries included.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2017

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. We were delighted with our room - vintage, quality furniture and a very comfortable four-poster bed! The location was perfect - just a short walk in to Warwick. The parking area at the rear of the hotel was very convenient.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

Just my kind of place, very friendly place to stay, bathroom...

Television signal weak

Just my kind of place, very friendly place to stay, bathroom better than most hotels, breakfast was spot on with plenty of choice

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

A lovely place to stay so near to the beautiful sights of Warwick

There was really nothing that I didn't like. I would have liked to have a bath rather than a shower, but that is just me being old fashioned!

The family was so friendly and helpful and I felt more of a friend than a guest. The bedroom and bathroom was roomy and had everything I needed including a dressing gown and slippers if I wanted them. All very clean.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

Good value for money

Family owned hotel, extremely friendly Parking, within walking distance to Warwick castle and the centre Good breakfast (includes Full English and espresso!) Good check-in and check-out times

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Overall a convenient place to say with friendly staff, but breakfast a little disappointing

On a fairly busy road, so we couldn't have the windows open at night. The breakfast was OK, but could have been presented a ;little bit better. Not the best I've had, but not the worst.

I thought the teddy bear and the robe and slippers were a nice touch, although a bit quirky. Worked very well as a location for a lads' weekend away!

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Great hospitality

Shower door didn't close but not really a problem bathroom door sliding was noise at night

Lovely friendly lady Bruna and her son Marko nice conveniently placed for visiting castle and motor museum comfortable and quiet and lovely breakfast

• Reviewed: September 17, 2017

I was satisfied

The heating wasn't on and Wifi was poor in the room I stayed. But they were in the process of changing the existing provider, I was told

The staff were excellent giving me a home ambience

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

A lovely place to come back to after sightseeing around Warwick

Nothing worth mentioning.

The family running this B&B were lovely, and a pleasure to stay with. Breakfasts were great, comfortable room, and a nice walk into Warwick.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2017

Good value and comfortable.

The breakfast we found was served too early , especially if you are on holiday. It finished at 8:30 . Most places serve until 10:00 am .

Very comfortable. Lovely room . The proprietor was very accommodating. Very good value and would stay again .

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

Cheap, and cheerful !

Wi-fi was a bit hit and miss . Plug in the sink was a bit dodgy .. had to actually lift it out to get it to drain . Telly was good .. but mounted VERY high on the wall .

Very friendly owner .. Breakfast was cooked to order . Nothing was too much trouble . Room was at the back of the hotel and very quiet . It was exactly what I was looking for .. a cheap , clean hotel with a good parking area for my classic car .... although dated in appearance ... it had a strange charm ... that made me smile !

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Stopover in Warwick.

Took some time to work out how to use the shower and was difficult to switch off. Wi-fi didn't work very well. If this is is important to your stay do not stop here. Decor somewhat dated.

Good full English breakfast. Friendly hosts. Comfortable bed. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Very Welcoming

WiFi was intermittent.

Owners/staff were relaxed and friendly and seemingly always around to help if necessary. For us the location was perfect for what we wanted. Warwick is a lovely place to walk around, the castle being an obvious draw and the town has some good restaurants.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

Comfortable, clean, convenient.

Front door key didn't work so when we returned after dinner we had to walk up a dark alleyway to the rear of the property to gain access.

Very welcoming hosts, charming dining room, huge ensuite bathroom and adequate room size. Well within walking distance of pubs and a supermarket while the main street was only a short drive away.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

Warm and friendly

The beds were a little hard. Matress toppers and quilts rather than blankets would have been nice.

We had a very warm welcome and felt very at home. Excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

A nice old fashioned B&B

An old fashioned feel to the place, but comfortable with a good breakfast. Within easy walking distance of the centre of Warwick at a good price. Off road parking around the back.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

We had an excellent weekend at the hotel and will certainly visit again.

Our room was a bit small but this is an inexpensive hotel so I think it is very good value for money. It would have been nice to have some more hooks for towels in the bathroom but that is a very minor thing.

The beds were very comfortable and everything was clean and pleasant. It is within easy reach of the town centre and parking was available off road; once we'd arrived we didn't need to take the car out again. Our hostess and the other staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

Lovely bed and breakfast, homely feel, friendly and caring owner.

The parking at the rear of the property is a struggle to get to, due to quite a tight bend when navigating the way to the property. There is also a restricted amount of space to park behind the property. Possibly enough room for 9 or 10 cars, though with more than double the rooms in the bed and breakfast. With it being a difficult squeeze of trying to turn my car around in this area to be able to leave in the morning. I couldn't see any sign posting outside in the car park, advising that the car park is reserved for the Cambridge Villa Hotel. Also the menu only provided on option for a full cooked breakfast. It would have been lovely to have had the option of an omelet, eggs benedict, smoked fish, scrambled egg with salmon etc. The owners do need to check and clean the fruit bowl daily, as there was mouldy apples at the bottom of the fruit bowl that I had took out and placed to one side.

Very friendly and personable owner. A pleasure to talk to. The bedroom was lovely and felt very homely. The bathroom was very modern and to a high standard. Very well prices.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Lovely host, comfortable bed and good value for money.

The building could do with some general maintenance, but we were still comfortable.

The host was lovely and went out of her way to make our stay comfortable. The venue was close to the castle which was the main reason we came to Warwick.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

The staff were friendly and the breakfast was nice.

The hotel is very dated and in need of a refurb.

The staff were friendly and the breakfast was nice. The free parking was also handy as we were able to leave the car there when we had a look around Warwick. Good location too.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

Lady was lovely.

Partner and I smelt gas leak ( or some kind of chemical ) in room 5 . Ask to move rooms but there where none. So had to find a new hotel. Which was annoying as i was not sleeping in there. It was making me dizzy. Full bag of rubbish left in sink cupboard - gross. Other wise room was tidy.

Lady was lovely.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

The owners were warm and friendly and very helpful.

The initial impression from outside (but don't be put off by this.) It is on a busy main road with double yellow lines and no visible parking. We had to park up the road in Homebase and walk back to enquire where we could leave the car. I advise phoning ahead to ask for directions. The step from the pavement up to the paved forecourt is very high, making it difficult to bring a heavy suitcase in that way.

The owners were warm and friendly and very helpful. They could not do enough for us. Breakfast was really good, cooked exactly to order. They do have private parking at the rear of the property but access is not immediately obvious. Our bedroom (at the back overlooking the rear garden) was clean, comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Outstandingly welcoming place

Not a thing

Great room with super bathroom but the highlight was the lovely family who own Cambridge Villa. I felt welcomed by their very friendly and pleasant attitude. A highly recommended stay.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Would not stay here or recommend

The Cambridge Villas is very tired looking and needs a lot of updating. Our bathroom door in room 1 had a sliding door which didn't close properly and swung from the bottom, it also had no handle on the inside to open it. There was only 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel even though there was two of us in the room. We were supplied with only 1 dressing gown and slippers. Our bed had no valance to cover the base of the bed and our bedding was a sheet and blanket with an old fashioned bedspread as the cover which didn't look very clean. Breakfast was very basic with a small selection of cereals and some very cheap granola to help yourself to. The cooked breakfast was ok although on both mornings our beans were cold. There is a conservatory to sit in but the furniture is very tired and on both days was covered in washing. Very disappointed.

The landlady was very friendly

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

A spacious and comfortable place to stay

Our main disappointment lay in the wifi network which continuously stopped working. In fact, except for within the few steps to the front door, we didn't get any solid wifi signal in our room. The room could have been cleaner (we saw spider nets in the reachable wall corners and a layer of dust in the shelf decorations) and the bathroom door was in fact a sliding one that barely enclosed the bathroom area (not lockable either). There was only one convenient available plug in the room and our devices had to queue for charging. There wasn't any sign of "Do not disturb"/"Please clean my room" provided and the room service started at around 9am which happened to be when we were changing.

The room was acutually more spacious than the pictures showed (there is a nice 40-inch TV in the bedroom and the ensuite bathroom is big as that in most 4-star hotel rooms, if not bigger). The staff members are very friendly and helpful - they caterd for our late check-in at 9pm. The hotel was truly 10-min's walk from Warwick train station and the cost of the room was lower than similar accommodaton in Warwick. We slept well in our room and had a comfortable stay there.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

The owners were delightful, my room at the back was quiet...

My room, a twin for single occupancy was very small for a twin, would be fine if only one bed in there, one could barely sidle to the wardrobe; and definitely required refurbishment. The single bed mattress sagged in the middle.

The owners were delightful, my room at the back was quiet and had all that one needed. The water was hot and plentiful. The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Bruna and her family were so friendly and welcoming.

Bruna and her family were so friendly and welcoming. Nice room with 4 poster bed, ensuite. Lovely breakfast offering a good choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, croissants n cooked english

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

Over night stop en-route to ferry.

We were very happy, no problems. It doesn't pretend to be the Ritz. Entry to Warwick Castle is very expensive, slightly cheaper booking online.

Lovely friendly Italian host family. Very helpful, quite quaint. 10 min walk to Roe Buck pub for good dinner. Good parking at rear, nice small garden. Seems to be popular with regular travellers. Warwick and Leington Spa are nice historic towns to visit.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

Not what we expected

Size of room was very small. carpark was a nightmare not what we expected for the cost do not consider 3 star rating is a fair rating

Friendly owners and breakfast was good

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

Home away from home

I liked everything

Delicious bacon for breakfast, lovely , friendly staff, exceptionally clean, airy and comfortable. The bathroom was very modern with a great power shower. Bed was very comfortable. Location perfect for me

• Reviewed: May 28, 2017

Shabby and depressing

This hotel is very old, tired and depressing. I booked for two nights but only actually stayed for one night. Just decided to cut my losses and check into somewhere else. I am sure that the lady who owns it is very nice, but she obviously can no longer maintain it at an acceptable standard. Shower broken and dirty. Only one towel provided although the room was booked for two people. Everything so shabby and down-at-heel. I managed to find a lovely hotel for a cheaper price for my second night in Warwick.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2017

Value for money

The TV didn't work, but that was quickly fixed. My room faced the road so it was a little noisy during rush hour.

This is a quirky but charming place. The toiletries, dressing gown and tea-making facilities were better than I've had in much more upmarket hotels I've stayed in. There was a surprisingly wide choice for breakfast. The room and en-suite were spacious. The bus stop opposite gives easy access to Leamington, Warwick, Coventry....

• Reviewed: May 9, 2017

Recommendation for Warwick

Leaving. Could not fault it wished we could have stayed longer

We were made to feel like part of the family. Quality of this B&B is outstanding. Nothing too much trouble for the owner. Good location. We had a lovely room with clean facilities. Breakfast cooked fresh on request, this was cooked to perfection. 5* service

• Reviewed: May 5, 2017

Loooovely

The owner is lovely, really worked hard to make sure everything was ok. Gave me some tips on life, and wouldn't let me leave in the morning without eating something for breakfast haha.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Lovely breakfast and convenient location with secure parking.

Although the room was a good size I was disappointed by the size of the shower / toilet room, had I been larger the shower cubicle would have been a tight squeeze. The shower/toilet room was so small that the sink was located outside in the bedroom. Although the bed was comfy the base had seen better days. The property is located on a main road with double yellow lines, the car park is accessed around the back of the property which, had I not arrived late in the evening when the road was quiet, would have been difficult to find. The kettle wasn't located near the tea/coffee tray - which was very strange.

The man who served breakfast clearly loved food and my poached egg on toast was a work of art. The room was clean and tidy. Once located the car parking area was secure, and I was able to see my car from my bedroom window. The lady/owner was very friendly.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

A great staging post ....!

Breakfast content and service was fine but the cooking itself could have been a little better.

Extremely friendly welcome and personal attention throughout. Landlady has a great (dry) sense of humour. The double room with en-suite was very pleasant and even more comfortable than we were expecting for this type of accommodation. Although there were other guests we heard nothing from other rooms. Parking was limited but reasonable. Location was a little out of town but a very pleasant 10 minute relaxed walk to the centre. Reasonable value for money considering we booked late and managed to get the last room. All in all a very pleasant surprise and we would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2017

Felt taken care of.

Wonderful family place, the owners were amazing hosts and took the effort to get to know each guest personally. The bar was a nice touch (though we didn't use it). Breakfast was fantastic! One of the best we had on our trip. The decor was also really nice, although I got lost a couple times wandering the hallways looking at paintings.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

Interesting and Comfortable House-Hotel with Excellent Breakfast in Warwick

We weren't able to figure out how to get our shower to work :( So we used the working shower in our daughters' room. There was so much (beautiful) furniture in our room that it was difficult to find a place to sit or to put our luggage. The heating was off in our room, so we used a space heater that took up additional space (but worked very well). Our room smelled a bit musty, as though a room nearby had had a water leak (no evidence of leaks in our room). The street in front of the hotel is rather busy, which might be a problem in the summer with the windows open. The parking area is behind the house and the alleyway leading to it is in poor shape and needs to be improved (paved? cleaned up?).

The hotel is built from an older and perhaps historic house. As a family of four we had two rooms for two people each. The rooms were nicely decorated. Our room had a canopy bed and a large chandelier. Our daughters' room had two twin beds. The bathrooms were beautifully renovated with high quality tiles, sink and tub or shower. The owner is a charming and friendly lady with a lot of character. Her son lives next door and helps with the breakfast and other issues. The breakfast was really very nice. The owner has a collection of really outstanding plants in her garden and also in her winter garden, which adjoins the breakfast room. There is a huge and healthy jade plant unlike any I've seen before. There is interesting artwork throughout the house. This all added to the ambience.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2017

Good value for money hotel in Warwick. Good facilities and friends staff

Nothing really!

Great friendly staff. Bedroom very comfortable good car park at rear. Exceptional breakfast would really recommend this hotel for good value for money

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

B&B

The corridors and room decor need modernising in my view. It's very much a B&B and friendly but a bit old fashioned compared to the fab 3* hotel-style bathroom!!

Really friendly and accommodating owners. Lovely brand new bathroom. Was worried it'd be light and noisy at the front but the street lights go out at 10. Noise from road was ok at bedtime.