Reviews of Campanile Hotel Northampton 3 stars

Junction15 - M1 - Loake Close - Grange Park, Northampton, NN4 5EZ, United Kingdom

#7 of 15 hotels in Northampton

4.9

• Two Single Beds

Paper cups and sticks in the room instead of cups and spoons... Cheap and tacky. Metal edges by the head board... Felt like I was in a partially opened sardine tin. Also, because we booked through Booking. Com the receptionist was 'unable' to upgrade our room to a double rather than a twin. He obviously has something against people paying a fair price for their room.

Bed was comfy

• One Double Bed

Only thing I didn't like was not enough pillows.....can we have 2 pillows please :)

Very nice hotel, staff friendly, food in restaurant was excellent. Hotel rooms were comfortable over all excellent value for money

• One Double Bed

Room carpets have little underlay and feel cheap / hard underfoot. Mattress was a little worn out / rather cheap. Couldn't get night / reading lights to work. Pecan pie and blob of cheap vanilla ice cream on the expensive side for such a small portion. breakfast pretty good value with half decent coffee. Only a choice of marmite or Nutella for toast - surely marmalade would be a more popular option? Scrambled egg rather clumped and grey!

Evening meal main course was of good general quality / nicely cooked chicken (although I note that the kitchen did not use Parmesan in my Chicken Caesar salad, which would normally be an ingredient). Room was spacious with good facilities although some of the white walls could do with repainting. Reception and catering staff were all excellent / very efficient and friendly.

• One Double Bed

Hotel was excellent, Staff were friendly and very helpful. The evening meal had a somewhat limited menu, but the food was excellent. Surprisingly, though, the breakfast (full English) was a tad dry and disappointing

• Two Single Beds

Unable to take shower as knob on bath to change bath to shower was missing. Fire alarm went off in middle of night. Difficult to get to sleep again after it had stopped. Delay at reception desk when booking in as clerk was trying to solve a problem for a guest (No fault on her part she was determined to achieve solution for client) but no other staff available to attend to growing queue

Good room and bed and room temperature.

• One Double Bed

No face/hand towels No drinking glasses Paper cups in place of china cups Staining of Toilet below water line. Grubby shower room Poor decorate condition generally Only 3 cost hangers

Plenty of parking Smart foyer Comfortable Bed Clean linen Efficient checking in

• One Double Bed

Parking with my car towing a trailer was a slight issue but as I was late checking in and early out the night porter found me a spot so I didn't have to remove the trailer.

Staff on check in and check out were very welcoming and helpful. Room was well presented and liked the take away cups in the room allowing us to take a coffee with us for our journey. Never used wi-fi so can't comment on this

• One Double Bed

We first went to this hotel because of the Tesla charger we have had some very good meals in the restaurant would recommend excellent value for money.

• Two Single Beds

It is a budget hotel so a few cost savings are apparent - cardboard cups, only bath towels (1 each plus 1 spare) no hand towels. Restaurant service was quite slow.

It's very clean and the beds are comfortable.

• One Double Bed

Prices vary dramatically, paid £75.00 inc. breakfast, 2 weeks later quoted £104 plus breakfast on top, prices too inconsistent, seem to charge what they like when they feel like it. Road noise was an issue and sleep was interrupted.

Nice clean comfortable rooms friendly staff and good breakfast.

• One Double Bed

Some areas need a little TLC ie furniture needs maintenance, bathroom needs a little repair in room

They allow pets, comfortable, friendly, modern value for money will use them more often as had a great nights sleep 😊

• One Double Bed

I was need to checkin 12o clock before they said to me u can come on 12o clock but on the time they said no we haven’t any room

Everything but not one thing

• One Double Bed

Paper cups in room for tea and coffee. no glasses in bathroom for cleaning teeth. Pillows were a little thin and the bed was too soft for my husband.

Bright surroundings and pleasant, helpful staff.

• One Double Bed

Walls were quite thin......could hear *noises* from a few doors down not just next door. Strange location for a hotel but we could tell it was more of a stop-over-for- a-night-hotel for business/trucker men.

Room had plenty of storage space (but no drawers anywhere) and provided a kettle and cups for making a cuppa (no spoons and paper cups)

• Two Single Beds

had to ask for a hairdryer that really surprised me , i was dripping wet when I had to answer door I have never known one not be supplied as standard Also lighting too dull

perfect for our needs value for money

• Two Single Beds

I didn't figure out how to switch on the fan in the bathroom. 1st it came on with the light...? Then not at all..? Overall, It did not cause an issue.

• One Double Bed

room has a shower only , a bath would have been a nice bonus

clean , comfortable, very friendly and helpful staff, nice bar and restaurant , handy for other restaurants which are within walking distance, safe free parking

• One Double Bed

This was a very clean, comfortable and welcoming place to stay. The staff were very helpful and the facilities were ideal for what we needed. If your looking for somewhere basic but also great value with a bar, room service, bed and shower then your all covered! 😁. Also has other restaurants and bars nearby being that it's in an industrial style location.

• One Double Bed

Just somewhere to stop to break up a long journey, not expectibg much but was great, nice staff, good clean room, easy to access, free parking, arrived late (after 9.30) so restaurant was closing but harvester across road still serving.

• One Double Bed

We both woke up with sore backs, the mattresses had buttons on them and you could feel them through the sheets. Carpet in the room was grimey, I think laminate would be the best bet with a room that allows dogs. Room was ok apart from the carpet. There were a few very large dog poos on the grass around the hotel, I know it's supposed to be the owners responsibility but if you allow dogs at the hotel then they should have someone that keeps the grass area clear of dog poos 🤢 The location isn't great, nowhere really within walking distance apart from a Harvester which is opposite. We didn't eat or drink there so can't comment on that but the restaurant and bar were both in the reception area which isn't ideal.

Dogs allowed.

• One Double Bed

Just the location being a little away from Northampton, but not such a big deal if you are driving ....

The ambience and general feel of the hotel. The breakfast was great as was the variety of food on display ...

Nothing to dislike

Great restaurant ambience, service and food quality.. way above what we normally associate with budget hotel chains. Maybe I'll choose Campanile a little more often in future..

• One Double Bed

Bed a little 'springy' Paid wifi??? good signal, but come on! Breafast little expensive

Easy to find, short walk to small shopping center, clean

• One Double Bed

The hotel was superb. there is nothing to fault. staff were both professional, helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble to them. we ate twice in the restaurant for dinner and the menu offers lots of choice, food well presented and hot when served. We really enjoyed our stay and we will return. Recommended .

• Two Single Beds

1/2 a roll of toilet paper, only one towel in the bathroom but was an extra one in the bedroom (should have been two in the bathroom). Coffee was poor in the room, only 20mins free WIFI.

Good sized clean room, excellent staff, lovely meal, good location to the motorway as we were at Silverstone for the weekend.

• 1 Double Bed & 1 Sofa Bed (child up to 12 y/o)

The noise through the night. Very loud younguns having a party and kids running up and down the corridors at 2.30am.

Lovely staff and restaurant food was very good value for money. Location was good just off the M1.

• Two Single Beds

20 min wifi and expensive to buy more Staff unfriendly Hate the paper coffee cups with plastic lids. Hotel professes to be "green"

Cheap. Good TV

• 1 Double Bed & 1 Sofa Bed (child up to 12 y/o)

Check in was a little slow due to being short staffed

For the price I paid at such short notice it was better than the Hilton across the road I stayed at a month before which was almost triple the price.

• One Double Bed

Only Paper cups provided for drinks in the room. Cannot see how the provision of a simple ceramic cup is hard to provide.

The evening meal menu was good and at a good price.

• One Double Bed

The kitchen staff was very rude. We arrived for breakfast on time but they had taken all the food off and left us with scraps. They turned the coffee machine off. We pre payed for this breakfast so they didn’t really care. The staff stood behind the glass window to the kitchen door and was talking about us making us feel uncomfortable. It was not a nice experience. One more thing was the cleaners walked into the room without knocking while we was still in bed. 2 hours before check out. Unfortunately we won’t be staying at his hotel again.

The rooms was nice clean and the bed was comfortable.

• One Double Bed

Paying for Wi-Fi was not clear in the advert. Facilities were in adequate and missed extras such as bath mat, hand towel, hairdryer not in the room. Breakfast was poor and the fruit bowls were inedible. Very expensive for what was received.

• Two Single Beds

Their coffee and tea that was in the room was disgusting, don't know if it was the water or the self branded coffee but it was undrinkable. The light fitting had come away in the bathroom and black ground in dirt in the bottom corner of the shower frame (outside frame)

Hotel was very nice and clean and loved entrance layout and the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.

• One Double Bed

Wish they had a ground floor disabled room

The Disabled room Was lovely. There was also a longe on the first floor which looked very nice although because it had steps I could not see it properly. Staff were really Good too.

• Two Single Beds

The mattress was not very comfortable. Needed a better padded top.

Good location literally just off motorway, but room was quiet. Room and bathroom were well appointed. Shower was easy to operate, it did not require a degree in engineering to make it work! There was even a hook on the back of the bathroom door and everything was spotlessly clean. The continental breakfast was great value. Yummy muffins!

• One Double Bed

But, when we arrived I was told that despite there being no need for pre-payment and me asking to pay in cash that my card had been charged as it was after 9pm. This seemed policy which I accepted but I did not have sufficient funds in my account at the time as I wished to pay in cash. We then went up to our room, expecting it to be clean and tidy. When we were about to get into the bed we noticed speckles of blood on the pillow and sheets. It seemed like a nosebleed as it was nothing major but was still disgusting. It did not look like it had been cleaned. Alongside this, the room itself seemed old and damaged, with split wood and an unkept appearance. I cannot complain much about this due to the price, but the blood covered sheets were disgusting at any price. We stayed in room 226. I should have taken photos but was so tired I just didn't think. I just changed my pillow with the spare and took the sheet off.

The location was good, and at £35 I thought I could not go wrong especially seeing the reviews. But boy was I wrong on that judgement...

• 1 Double Bed & 1 Sofa Bed (child up to 12 y/o)

Some members of staff on the front desk came across judgmental

The rooms were very clean.. comfy and the bathrooms are amazing! We booked on booking.com twice now and will do again when visiting family

• One Double Bed

When me and my partner went for a few drinks and some food in the hotels restaurant we first went to the bar to get some drinks and ask if it is ok to get a table. There was 2 members of staff behind the bar/ reception and not one of them could be bothered to make eye contact, speak to us or even still do the job they are ment to do and serve us!!!! After 5 minutes we decided to go to the harvester across the road were we did get served and seated and had a very nice meal.

Good location for what I needed and the beer wasn't badly priced.

• Two Single Beds

Green pillows had slight stains on. People were smoking weed either outside or next to the room. Bathroom was slightly dirty on the seals on the floor.

A certain member of staff (Daniel I believe) was extremely helpful. We had left very important documents behind at home and needed them for the next day. He printed them out for us no issue which was amazing.

• One Double Bed

Air conditioning could have been a bit more fierce.

Plenty of parking space with electric tesla charging points. Staff were really friendly and welcoming, we got the option of a bath or shower in the room. They sold any personal items you could neeed. Food in the hotel was some of the best I've ever had. I had a chicken burger and it was cooked perfectly, he had a burger and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a harvester across the road so we went there for breakfast but that was only because my bodybuider boyfriend wanted to pig out on their all you can eat lol. Defo going back.

• One Double Bed

Limited staff on reception, so you can wait a while to check in. A bit annoying with Tesla staff walking in and out all the time.

Amazing value for money! Clean and tidy and a good night sleep. Great parking system.

• One Double Bed

After long drive and checked in then they put £25 x 2 hold on my card I got freshened up cam back down at 9.30 pm and told can’t have any drinks or food because he systems were down ! :( very frustrating why can’t use a pen and paper and write it down and will sort it on check out ???? Had to go in town centre for food :(

• 1 Double Bed & 1 Sofa Bed (child up to 12 y/o)

A little ambiguous around whether breakfast is included, depending upon who you book with.

Over and above cleanliness and friendliness of staff. Very comfortable and welcoming.

• One Double Bed

I don't enjoy the food. Because I love spicy food.

The toilet setting,the room size,bed comfort and how clean the room was and the cleaner will come to clean the room every morning

• One Double Bed

Could of labels to indicate, vegetarian suitable.

The gentleman on reception was very professional, polite and very customer focused. Breakfast was tasty, I am a vegetarian and could of requested a cooked breakfast.

• One Double Bed

The wifi was bad and we couldn't check in early even though our room was ready no cups in our room for tea and the air con didn't work

Comfy bed and a pub close by

• 1 Double Bed & 1 Sofa Bed (child up to 12 y/o)

The fire alarm was set off twice in our stay, obviously frustrating when you have a 3 y/o and all trying to sleep. Early hours of the morning for about 20 seconds then again 5 minutes later - I phoned to reception to see what was going on and as to whether we should be leaving our rooms and the receptionist was very rude.

Lovely clean hotel. Friendly staff. Nice food, overall a lovely stay.

• One Double Bed

The location is perfect just off the M1 as it breaks up a trip to London for me from the North West. The rooms are decent and the breakfast is also good. Parking can be a bit of an issue as you'd imagine but that said there are lots of spaces.

• 1 Double Bed & 1 Sofa Bed (child up to 12 y/o)

hotel took 129 pounds after id paid in full with credit card after they assured me they wouldnt now have to wait 7 days for my own money to be returned outrageous

• One Double Bed

No hot water, tepid. Bed was so uncomfortable - very poor sleep. WiFi extra charge Complained on check out about water/bed and they were indifferent about it, seemed not to care (or heard it before?)

Location. Clean.

• One Double Bed

Women at the checkout was obviously new and there was noone there to help her so there was a big queue of people waiting. Took me a long time to check in. The room was very basic for the price and no mugs were provided for tea and coffee instead the provided plastic cups like you would get to takaway. There was also no hairdryer in the room.

Women at the checkout was freindly.

• One Double Bed

Bed was a bit uncomfortable, not the worst but not the best either!

Staff were amazing, polite, very helpful and did all possible to assist. Food was good and reasonably priced.

• One Double Bed

1st room spelt vile of smoke ! Obviously a guest smoking in the room which is very unpleasant for non smokers!

Very nice clean hotel Ok location Friendly helpful staff Swiftly changed room after the first smelt vile of cigarettes clearly from the last guests smoking in the room! 😬 Breakfast was yummy especially the croissants

• One Double Bed

The fact that I barely slept as there was a load of youths shouting in the corridor and playing loud music and a pitbull terrier barking. The light in my room didn't work properly and the reading lights had fallen out of their holders so were useless. The pillows felt cheap and nasty — in fact the whole room did. But then it was only £45 for the night.

Staff were very professional and helpful.

Nothing springs to mind.

The bed was very comfortable and the room had everything that I needed for my stay. It was a refreshing change to have power sockets next to the bed.

• One Double Bed

Not enough pillows. With arriving so late we just couldn't be bothered to call anyone but there should be more pillows stored in wardrobes. Paper cups that you can't reuse to make another drink.

Comfy place for a good price. Great location. Very big car park avaliable. Restaurant and bar on site.

• 1 Double Bed & 1 Sofa Bed (child up to 12 y/o)

No free WiFi is ridiculous in this day and age Breakfast was nice but eggs took so long I'd finished before they arrived

Good location Decent brekfast Quiet

• One Double Bed

I will definitely be staying here on all my business trips to Northampton thanks to the reception staff who were extremely helpful and friendly, the hotel was clean, the rooms were spacious, clean and cosy and the bed was comfy. Very good value for money. Thank you.

• One Double Bed

Nothing really - fine for the money. No spoons to stir my tea!

Plenty of car parking - chargers if you have a Tesla! Room basic but fine at under £30! Clean. eating facilites nearby - harvester or equivalent just over the road.

• One Double Bed

Grubby room, uncomfortable bed, tatty decoration. Stains on walls and bedding. Cheap plastic beakers for in room drinks.

Friendly staff and in the area I required.

That at 3 am they were hoovering outside my room and i couldnt sleep..and the housekeeping come to clean the room at 9am and i was still in the room.

Coffee and tea facility in the room

• One Double Bed

The walls and door to the room seemed to be made out of paper mache. We heard EVERY SINGLE noise on the floor we stayed. I think we were woken up about 5 times throughout the night. I stayed in many hotels for quick trips / overnight stays for work, however I really noticed the noise on this occasion.

The room was modern and clean.

• One Double Bed

There was only one bath towel, should you want a hand towel to wash your hair. Some guests take no notice of the Quiet Zone and woke me up twice in the early hours.

The man on Reception on Saturday was lovely! So attentive and pleasant to exchange with. I loved the breakfast... I wish I could've fit more in! The room was very clean. I like that there is a Quiet Zone and also late checking out. Best of all, the price. Oh, and the eco-friendly focus is appreciated.

• One Double Bed

When I arrived the window was open which surprised me. When I woke at 5am to the stink of what smelt like raw sewage I realised why the window had been left open! The bathroom drains were emanating the worst smell I have smelt.

Easy to find, bed was very comfortable

• One Double Bed

Clients smoking in the entrance doorways

Nothing really to dislike as it should be when guests pay for rooms you expect clean tidy well presented rooms and that is what you got friendly helpful staff

• One Double Bed

Need more pillows in bedroom. Only two pillows for a double bed. With only one extra in cupboard.

Very comfy bed. Had meal in restaurant, which was very good and service was quick,

• One Double Bed

I was given a disabled room, I’m not disabled, the bed was very low and not very comfortable, other guests were extremely noisy until 1am floors are very noisy which made matters worse.

Easy to get to

• One Double Bed

The reason this wasn’t good was the appalling mess that was made of my invoice for three rooms. You can see for yourself if you check the system I am not wasting any more breath on it.

Breakfast was simple but good quality, kept very organised and refreshed.

• 1 Double Bed & 1 Sofa Bed (child up to 12 y/o)

Toilet paper very thin, daughter had a cold and managed to use both toilet rolls within a day.

The mattress was really comfy slept really well Staff helpful & friendly

• 1 Double Bed & 1 Sofa Bed (child up to 12 y/o)

The room and bed were covered in dog hairs, I don't understand why hotels have to accomadate pets, if I had a dog it would not be sleeping in my bedroom. Or at the very least have specific rooms used only for guests with pets. The manager was very understanding though when we complained and sorted the problem by giving us another room on another floor.

The breakfast was quite nice, a good choice of continental and English breakfast

• Two Single Beds

Bathroom smelly rotten wood drains perhaps but not nice stained mattress covers we bring own mattress toppers so have to take bottom sheet off to put them on when we saw stained covers not nice also bring back decent cups for our cup of tea and beaker in bathroom

Staff always pleasant

• One Double Bed

Shower could have been better the water was not that hot. Pillows were not up to much but didn't stop me getting a good nights sleep.

Efficient check in and excellent service in the restaurant. The room was very clean and not unbearably hot which makes a really lovely change from most hotels

• One Double Bed

Paid wifi is always a bad point. Especially at £9 per night for 1 device.

Very friendly staff, excellent parking, comfortable room with a good size bath. Breakfast was also very nice with plenty of choice.

• Two Single Beds

It would have been better if there was a hair drier provided in the room (rather than having to be collected from reception). There needed to be a better explanation of breakfast options as it was a little confusing - the waitress appeared to be offering cooked English breakfast OR continental, when we thought the 'All In' description allowed for a combination (we would have liked fruit juice and possibly a croissant/yoghurt with a light cooked breakfast).

Helpful staff, comfortable room, everything you could need was provided and great value for money

• 1 Double Bed & 1 Sofa Bed (child up to 12 y/o)

Had to go reception to collect an iron for my clothes

Staff were ready to check us in .all paperwork was done so it didn’t take us long to go bed as kids were tired

• Two Single Beds

Beds have roller on the bottom of the beds and the mattress are very uncomfortable and may need replacing. When you sit on the bed it’s like a Rollercoasters. Stay at this hotel 3/4 times now and get worse, got woken up by some nose it sounded like a car alarm and about 3 am the nose woke me up again then I realised that it was the air conditioning unit. Not very happy and very tired all day. Not saying it’s a bad hotel but need to sort the beds out and I will be very happy.