Reviews of Central Serviced Apartments by RoomsBooked

6.1

6.2

6.2

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Everything. I did not like the fact that RoomsBooked falsely misrepresented the accommodation that they were renting to us. I do not like the fact that they think it is acceptable to advertise serviced apartments in Cheltenham town centre and then put guests into an ex-council house in a rough suburb to the north of the City (and charge a fortune as well).

I liked the fact that we managed to secure a booking at a hotel so that we could escape the appalling misrepresented accommodation that RoomsBooked provided. So in other words I liked NOTHING about the accommodation.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Wasn't clear when booking that the accommodation was at a separate location. Bathroom: Shower was not operating properly, no hot water. No towel rails or hooks to hang towels from. Heating in the apartment was not controllable, and was on a timer which was not accessible.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The room was an outbuilding. The shower room had no heating. Neither bedside light worked. The wifi signal was extremely weak and only worked very briefly. The allotted parking was already taken.

The location was good

• Studio (2 Adults)

Room looks nothing like the pictures. In need of a vast update. Parking is a nightmare. Shower was basically unusable it’s either freezing cold or boiling hot so couldn’t really use. Heating didn’t work either.

Good location.

• Two Bedroom apartment ( 5 Adults)

The hot water kept running out after a minute or so. Not ideal when trying to run a bath for the children. Had to boil the kettle to warm the bath.

Very clean and had everything we needed for a family of 5.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Everything. Staff were useless and didn’t know how to direct us to our room, the shower was broken and after walking around for an hour and a half finding our room this was not good. The heating was terrible and kept turning off i had to get a member of staff to come over at 12am to fix it as it was freezing. Don’t let the pictures fool you it looks nothing like this the carpet is disgusting and the place is dirty and cold, I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone it is AWFUL. Beds are uncomfortable and lumpy and will never be returning here again

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Bed was uncomfortable, apartment as dirty. Walked in and there as holes in the wall, floor was uneven. One chair for a 2 bed apartment.

Overall gross but location was good.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Roomsbooked have some quite good rooms, and some not so good ones. Trouble is, the room is allocated on arrival, which means you may not get the room you thought you were getting. This time, I got a freezing cold apartment, with no proper heating, at the top of a very steep and narrow staircase, on the second floor.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

We were told there was on street parking but this was untrue. We got a ticket but had specifically asked two separate staff members where we should park. The apartment was exceptionally hot.

The apartment was a good size and clean.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Heating wouldn't switch off in open planned area so was unbareable to sit in and relax. In the bedroom the back window lock wouldn't shut which rattled the blind all night and made sleeping impossible. Not a very enjoyable stay at all.

Check-in staff were lovely.

Please see above :)

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the lad on reception when we checked in helped us to find parking also which was very helpful.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The toilet has a macerator attaches to toilet. So noisy and extremely smelly. Apartment smelt of sewerage terribly bad. We all felt queasy the next day and couldn’t wait to leave. We thought the apartment would be close to or at the same location as the hotel we checked in at, was still a 20 minutes walk from Central Hotel. I didn’t think the price we paid was worth the apartment, especially with the macerator 🤢

Apartment was adequate in size for a family and close enough to services.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The toilet was broken in one of the apartments we booked and it stank of sewage. In the other apartment the window in the lounge wouldn't shut - as it was at street level this felt particularly unsafe.

Very spacious apartment and generally quite clean with handy kitchen facilities.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Thought the living room and hall way carpet in one of the places was not very clean and inviting as you walked in,plus the heater was by the window and the curtains were hanging over it which we felt was a fire risk and had to put the curtain up on the window ledge,especially as it was a cold property.

The location was good for us.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Advertised as having parking, however was informed that the apartments did not have access to parking. Only reason I chose this place was that it had parking...

Central location

• Studio (2 Adults)

Staying is this apartment was awful. I would not recommend for anyone to stay here. The response we received from the property company was short and abrupt. We booked for two nights as I had an exam on the morning of checkout and a mock test the day before. The first night, I stayed on my own in one of the single beds, which was adequate. However I could smell smoke/cigarettes and assumed this was down to someone smoking outside as the we were in the basement and the windows were not great. When I woke up, I was then out all day visiting family and taking my mock test, that when I returned with my partner that night at 10pm, we found that the smell was most definitely coming from the apartment. As it had been closed all day, it stunk as if someone had been smoking in there all day. As this is supposed to be a 'non smoking' establishment, I was appalled by this. My partner then got into the other single bed, only to find that it was completely threadbare, you could see all springs protruding through the mattress and it was extremely uncomfortable to lay on. This needs to be replaced immediately. When I emailed the company the next day, they informed me that it is not their issue as I should have called them at 10pm at night, before a very important exam.. and be moved to another apartment in the cold...(it was snowing). When the apartment should never have been rented in this state in the first place! Had I realised the bed was appalling the day before, and also that the disgusting smell was coming from the filthy carpets, then yes, I would have rang them. I am disgusted by their lack of customer care and by their inability to notice and rectify their mistakes. They have not even stated that they will fix these issues before renting the apartment again, so please be aware of this when booking!! I would strongly urge you to book elsewhere.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

When we tried to get more chairs for the property, the lady from reception hung up the phone. Also it was very warm even when we turned all of the radiators down.

It was central,close to the town. Had lots of space and was clean.

Please see above.

Very poor. The flat was incredibly noisy especially at night. people had to pass The bedroom window to get to their flats. There were pizza delivers right next to the window, drunks walking past singing and shouting at all hours of the night. I was on a course and the lack of sleep ruined it for me. The flat was not clean enough for me. There were hairs in the bed and all over the flat from a black cat/dog. The kitchen was gross. There was a green chopping bourd, no new scrubber pad, a plate in the cubourd had crumbs all over it. The oven was covered in fat which stank the flat out when I opened it to get my food out. The oven dish also had oil and fat all over it. The kettle was full of limescale and the fridge smelt of rotten veg. The flat was not serviced at all I got clean towels but there was no hoovering or cleaning. Internet was poor as well I phoned twice for them to come out and sort it and on one of the occasion I was told they couldn't do anything about it. The flat was cold and the building so poorly built you could fell the cold breeze coming through the Windows. I could hear every word people said in the above flat and when they walked around the flat it made such a bagging noise. Car parking for the site was dreadful there were two spaces available for that complex which I was fortunate to get one of but It would be difficult to get parking close to the flat and would add a large cost to people's stay. This was not made clear at the time of purchase neither was the fact that you would not necessarily be in the studio you saw in the pictures.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

We were originally put in an apartment with two double beds despite asking specifically for 3 beds. I phoned and emailed to confirm. I also booked a late room. I had the staff banging on the door even though I had proof of booking but the head office had not taken the payment which caused confusion. Two dining room chairs collapsed on us and the oven wouldn’t work. The general standard of the property is poor. Sockets hanging loose, paint flaking off, blind with slats missing and falling off. I would not stop here again.

The rooms are handily situated

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Very noisey, sofa in the lounge needs to go to skip. Draughty bedroom window. Lights in the hall way didnt work so very dangerous. No parking.

Most of the property was warm.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

No heating, no hot water in sinks etc. Very basic fit out, no towels changed. We felt for the price charged, it was very poor value. A fair bit of noise late at night, other guests trying to access their apartments, ringing our door bell at 3 & 4 am

The location is very good

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

No twin beds or late check out as requested. Wasn't told until arrival. Allocation on arrival so had a long walk after collecting the keys. Only two keys between 6 caused issues.

• Studio (2 Adults)

This was not as described at all. Appalled by this property. Paper hanging off walls in entrance, parking to pay for, carpet disgusting, bedding smelt of aftershave, tv not working, kitchen in a wardrobe. Don't stay here!

• Studio (2 Adults)

The whole property was in a terrible state, the entrance was filthy and the wall paper was torn. The studio was revolting, carpet was filthy and i was scared to take off my shoes. The bathroom was smaller than most coffins!! Would not recommend to anyone.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Tried turning the heating on and nothing happened. So was cold during the night. Was also very difficult to find the property and there was no parking so had to pay a lot of money to park cars overnight in the nearest car park.

Beds were comfy and spacious. Was enough room for all 6 of us as well. Everything was clean

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Booking.com did not tell us our flat was in fact 10mins walk from the reception building. A text message in advance rather than an email would be more logical so customers can shape their plans around it. For example finding parking nearby. The internet didn't work by the way.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The only issue was lack of parking, however there are a few public car parks within a 5-minute walk.

Modern apartment, clean and having a balcony was great! The lady who checked us in was very friendly and helpful.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Dirty walls and floor. Smelly entrance. Very worn. Very depressing place to stay - it is not worth the kitchenette, stay in one of the low cost chains - they might be small and boring but it will not be disgusting.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Very noisy location due to loud music from pub opposite. Carpet filthy. No hooks in bathroom. No table of any sort. Asked for table to put food on but it did not materialise. One very small settee which just seated 2 slim people. Only one bedside light in twin bedded room.

Kitchen well equipped. Hot water. Bed comfortable.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Half of the bed was not like a cloud! In fact the springs were pushing through. I moved to the other side for the second night and that was fine. The radiator in the sitting room did not work, which was no problem on this visit but would have been in colder weather

The location was very appropriate to my visit and the bathroom facilities were very good

• Studio (2 Adults)

It was disgusting very dirty, the carpet was so dirty it was hard to spot a clean bit. Handles hanging off the doors, the bed was broke and had a massive piece of wood screwed on the Base.

Nothing at all

• Studio (2 Adults)

Room was extremely poor compared to the other properties that Centrally Serviced Apartments have provided in the past, very disappointing. What I booked on Booking.com was not the accommodation I received.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

All of the lights didn't work. There were no batteries in the tv remote control. There were used cue tips in one of the cupboards. The oven rails were broken. There were holes in one of the seats. Location wasnt told to us until we got there and we were 15 minutes walk away from key collection, not ideal with heavy bags. The street we were on looked really rough. Door wouldn't shut from the outside without the key (but we were told we could leave our keys in the apartment when checking out) meaning we had to then walk the 15 minutes back to the check in location to drop the keys off.

The beds were very comfortable. And there were a nice little selection of tea and coffee for the morning.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Very noisy from flats above until 1am in the morning Needs better curtains to keep out the light - think there was a security light that kept going on and off and was really bright

Spacious, well equipped and clean apartment

• Studio (2 Adults)

Had to park a few hundred yards away and lug my cases to the reception only to find that the room was in another location again. Lugged my cases all the way there to find I could park right outside. Wasn't happy. Inside, it wasn't very clean and one of the beds was dreadful with springs sticking up into my back. Good job I was alone and the other one was ok as had there been two of us, one would have had to sleep on the sofa.

Not much to be honest.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The staff seemed not interested. We booked twin beds and got a double bed and the room was very dirty and stank. Also it was two floors upstairs which is difficult for a 75 year old

• Studio (2 Adults)

The carpets would benefit from a professional clean. Apologies for the additional coffee stain just outside the ensuite. Our flask had broken and it leaked.

Extremely helpful receptionist. Lovely comfortable bed with top quality linen. Everything was absolutely spotless except for the carpets. Very good, conscientious cleaner. Quiet area. We slept very well. We arrived on Saturday night and were able to park on the double yellow lines just around the corner from the property. We would certainly stay there again.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

No wifi at all - not what was stated! No parking, only on the street which is a permit zone only! No frosted glass in the bathroom so had to keep the blind down at all times! Very basic and cheap furniture and fittings. Seemed like a student flat! Very noisy at night, not sure if there is a hostel opposite!

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

FAULTS--FILTHY DIRTY DUVET IN COVER (I do have photos)Bathroom basin plug no good/talcum powder still on floor behind door/loose heated towel rail-No plug in kitchen sink/no washing up bowl-Broken blind in window.

Although we weren't actually in the Central Hotel we weren't far away in No 5 Trinity Lane----It was a nice apartment apart from all the faults.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Shower was either freezing or scoulding so only had one successful shower.Called someone out who 'fixed' it but was the same the next day. No bowls in the property Towel rail hanging off the wall Roller blind in bathroom was gross Dirty tissues under the bed Couldn't keep one of the windows open in the lounge Dirty kitchen floor-spaghetti by the cooker Location was bad.Street was rough and dirty All in all a dive

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

The towels were full of holes, the carpet was dirty and the wallpaper and paint looked tired throughout. The kettle sprayed water everywhere, and one of the radiators was permanently on meaning it was absolutely boiling. The accommodation didn't match with the images provided on the website, and also there was only one bathroom for up to 8 people - this should be more clearly noted on the website.

Great kitchen facilities, and a brilliant location a short walk away from the centre of Cheltenham

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

The flat is run down, old and located in the back alley near a car workshop. The carpet stinks and furniture is dusty. The management came and supposed to change to another flat, but never call back! The amount of dust is showing on the towel and tissue paper after we wiped the furniture.

Wifi is working.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Wifi didn't work despite ringing management, 2-3 times a day. They kept saying they would fix it but they didn't. No hot water for 24 hours! Initially TV n washing machine didn't work, fixed them ourselves. For the price of the apartment, service was very poor & the 24 hour service reception was like you were being a "pain".

Locality

• Studio (2 Adults)

Trouble finding the apartment, had I been told is was a basement apartment that would have helped. Mirrors in rooms other than the bathroom would have been nice. Getting dressed for work (suited and booted) would have been nice to have had a mirror in the bedroom. Lounge furniture was poor, sofa was very uncomfortable nasty table and chairs to suitable for working on at night.

I had spacious and clean accommodation

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

On entry to the building, you see peeling wallpaper and a hole in the wall. The carpet is filthy on the stairs is very soiled. The apartment looks like a completely different standard of accommodation than what was on the photos on the website. The carpet is filthy. The loo is smelly. There are no chairs, there is no table to eat at. The only thing to sit on is the sofa with holes in it. The walls have stains. The checking-in staff are unfriendly and sniggering. Also, when I phoned from the car for help finding the property, the person on the phone refused flat-out to give me any help over the phone! They seemed very lazy, with no customer service skills. I would never book from this company again.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

settee in lounge area very uncomfortable, could feel springs One of mattresses - could feel springs coming through.

good location and parking outside. Ideal for a one night stopover, very good shower

• Studio (2 Adults)

Shower didn't work and no cooker a small hob would have been good as it's a studio apartment. Would definitely book a studio again

Size and location

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

The staircase leading in to the property had gouges out of the wall and ripped wall paper. On entering the apartment the carpeting was lifting and was heavily stained..(grubby) The shower was a suitable size and quite new but had no hand grips ,non slip pads/mats ,the stepinto the shower was circa 1 foot /300mm. Not to bad getting in the shower,getting out very dangerous,also having a bad knee and hip just compounded the difficulty,I did request to be moved to a room with a low profile tray but the Manager was not interested and was quite rude.No alternative was offered. The night porter Dan in contrast was exemplary in every possible way assisting me with luggage and parking.

Good Flat screen Tele.cooker,Fridge microwave,toaster and utensils etc,all were a pleasant suprise to find .Freindly pub across the road,Kebab shop a few doors away. Good location for food outlets.Reasonably good parking if your lucky..

• Studio (2 Adults)

Flat wasn't the same as the one shown on the site- very cramped and small, right next to two pubs playing loud music late, was too hot but you couldn't open the windows without getting too much noise in, hairdryer was broken...

Aside from the neighbours, the position was pretty good and the price wasn't very high.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults)

The apartment was very small. The bedroom had two single beds which could not be joined together due to the small room size & instead was placed 'L' shaped. We are a family of 4 with two small kids and found it difficult to sleep on the beds provided. There was also loud music from the Bar across the street as we stayed over the weekend. Found the carpets dirty. The WiFi didn't work properly most of the time. Would never stay here again even for free!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Toaster was broken, shower was blocked, soap dispenser was broken, one of the dining chairs was in the process of breaking (the leg had come very loose and couldn't be used for fear of collapse) windows were difficult to open and my wife couldn't close them, no parking at property so have to pay for pay and display car park 10 min walk away, WiFi was faulty (they eventually fixed it after 2 people came out to look at it and then I had to phone for more help) no light bulb in shaving light over mirror.

There was a big TV

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults)

The sofa bed was broken- unable to lift it out due to a bent bar. My daughter and I ended up sleeping on the floor.

Great property. Suitable in every way except sofa bed.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

The appartment comfortably sleeps 6 - not 8. The 7th and 8th person are required to sleep on an old uncomfortable sofa bed in the kitchen / lounge/dinning area. I was told to park on the street outside the property however it was resident permit parking and would have resulted in a parking penalty so we paid £28 to park for 48hrs in a nearby NCP car park. I had to go and buy toilet paper as no spare rolls were left. WIFI did not work as per instructions

The location The bedrooms and beds were comfortable the kitchen was well equipped

• Studio (2 Adults)

No proper lock on the door, not comfortable with just a chain for security. 1 bed squeaky and other people making alot of noise above heavy walking and moving furniture from 1:30am until after 5am. Had to call office to complain and I didn't get any sleep. Not happy with the person sending us to wrong road on the phone and couldn't see the sign on fence due to poor lighting on street. Would appreciate a call from the manager

Clean and nicely set out

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Was a nightmare to find by car because of the one way system in Cheltenham, we drove around for over an hour and when we rang the contact number the lady who answered had to go onto Google Maps to try and help us! Had to check in at a different location then walk to the apartment, although to be fair it was only a minute's walk. The apartment was okay, clean enough, but needs an update. Had to figure out how to turn on the fridge, still didn't manage to get the heating on, and a warning to be careful when next to the bathroom sink you don't burn your arm on the heated towel rail - ouch!

Everything was there that we needed; the reception staff member was friendly and helpful

• Studio (2 Adults)

Booked this through the company as I had a job at the University of Gloucester and this apartment was a couple of minutes away. The sofa was extremely uncomfortable neither myself or my colleague could bring ourselves to sit on it. 1 of the twin beds seemed to be new and was very comfortable. The second twin bed - mine, was literally the worst bed ever. Every single spring was poking through the mattress. It was almost as if it was a Divan bed without the soft mattress! If the sofa had been any better, i could have moved and slept on the sofa. As they were both uncomfortable I had a terrible night, ANDI had pay for the privilege:( We are back working in Cheltenham this week, there is no way I would stay there again

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Parry originally allocated to two different buildings. Managed to move location but we had no lounge, not enough chairs for party to sit down at the duning table.

Friendly check in staff

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The property had damp issues, and was located in a street- a row of terraced houses converted. It was a flat or an apartment. No comfy seteees just pull out beds.

• Two Bedroom apartment ( 5 Adults)

The fact that on the day of arrival they asked for a £500 deposit on top of the £1700 the apartment had cost us!!! They say it was in their terms and conditions - hidden!!

Location is excellent for town and Cheltenham races

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Location Noisy Dirty People waiting sleep in property before wed left Window didn't lock Ants crawling all Iver the floor and table House full of loud foreign men that were pulling themselves up Iver fence and shouting at us in a rude way Walked 30 mins out of town to a terrace street... it's was a dirty house that had a full smelly bin by the front door over flowing with rubbish and flies

They would not give us the address u til arrival I think this is to stop us looking up property because they know no oe would stay there if they were ore warned of the state of it

• Studio (2 Adults)

The carpet was really dirty, it needs a deep cleaning, a simple hoover is not enough. And the flat was on the second floor with really narrow stairs, it was almost impossible to take the baby stroller up and down.

The bed was really comfortable. And it was very cheap :)

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

By nature of the property the bathroom was small which was a bit awkward but unavoidable. I think for people staying longer a wardrobe with room to hang clothes as well as the shelves would be a good idea.

Within easy walking distance of the race course while remaining in central Cheltenham. Nice to have a lounge and sofa. Basic cooking facilities although we didn't use them. Considering the location and that we were there for the Gold Cup it was a good deal. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

Very stained carpets, musty damp smell, inadequate heating, inadequate hot water taps, smelly microwave,tiny bathroom, horrid stairway. And taking up to ten days to return a wholly inappropriate deposit of £500 off my credit card. Ps am referring to apartment 18B.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults)

We couldn't turn off the heating which was set at 22 degrees and was on all night. we were all so very hot. We couldn't open the bedroom windows as they were alarmed. The actual bed was lovely however The "memory Foam Pillows" were more like bricks. Such a shame because the pillow is the difference between getting a good sleep which we desperately needed after competing. we ended up using our coats to sleep on. Whilst there were lots of clean towels, there was not a Bath mat which made it awkward getting out of the shower and bath. We had to use a hand towel that we needed for our hair. The noise of other guests going up the wooden stairs in the early hours above our basement flat woke us all. Such a shame.

Loved the space and facilities available to us. Lots of room. Comfortable. Great location too. Clean and warm!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Nothing ,all good

Spacious,clean,warm with very comfortable bed.Excellent location in town centre ,shops resturaunts etc within 100yds.First class comunications making easy ,very helpful,informative booking experience

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

This doesn't accommodate 6 comfortably. I am convinced that the apartment was advertised as 2 doubles, 2 singles and 2 sofa beds and we would be under-occupying. There was only half that. Two of our party had a very uncomfortable night on a small sofa bed. This is suitable for 5 max

Location great, finish great, mattresses comfy, staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

The tv didn't work at all!!!! We didn't book as a night out so we were very bored! We also walked around in the rain for 30 minutes and couldn't find the apartments - 3 different possible loacations with vague directions. Rude cleaning staff! £500 deposit seems extortionate too!

Comfy mattress - shame we were given 2 single beds that couldn't be pushed together due to the room being so small but they were comfortable even on the floor!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

Reception area was smelly and had poor ventilation. Was given an apartment on the top floor of an old building with no lift and had to drag my 23kg suitcase up 2 flights of the narrowest stairs I have ever seen. Floors in the apartment were uneven and constitute a trip hazard. Apartment was beside a club and I heard thumping bass line until at least 1am on Friday and Saturday night, plus heard additional noise from the pub across the street. Curtains did not sufficiently block out the light from the street, so overall sleep quality was poor. Apartment was freezing on my arrival and the electric heaters were primitive. There were kitchen facilities but no dining table. The whole apartment was uninviting. I wish I had chosen to stay somewhere else, quite frankly!

Apartment was clean and within easy walking distance of city centre amenities.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

We stayed in the studio flat and it was great would definitely stay again great price staff and cleaning staff was great. Right in the middle of Cheltenham. I have already recommended to all my friends. Can't wait to book again.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Kitchen utensils were poor quality and plates, cutlery didn't feel clean. There was barely enough to cook dinner and breakfast with. Washing up cloth was well past it's sell by date and very greasy. Kitchen sink when draining fills the shower tray if shower has just been used. It brought up lots of grime and muck. Probably why bathroom smelt heavily of bleach on arrival. It was not acceptable as a family accommodation but would have been perfect for somewhere to sleep on a boys/girls weekend if kitchen not needed. Sofas in lounge were not comfy for a night in watching the box. Wifi unreliable and when phoned was told BTwere doing street repairs, it felt like this was a commonly used reply. Was advertised as potential for parking but on arrival was told permit holders only, council had apparently just changed it and they had no permits for the street. It would not have taken too much to inform us of this in advance. Overall felt like take the money and run. For a little bit of money spent on the kitchen/lounge, fixing the overflow issues and arranging for parking permits or being honest about parking up front rather than on arrival this could be a great place to stay. If these few things were improved we would stay again.

Bedrooms were excellent. Location was fairly good.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Poor flushing toilet system in 29 St. Paul's street north .. spent the whole night moving to apartment with no fridge freezer and no wifi .. number 1 trinity lane

Good working oven and heating

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

There was only 1 bathroom in a 3 bedroom apartment, we were told before booking there would be 2 bathrooms. V important as there was a few us staying. There was no internet, heating was off on arrival - freezing house, took a few hours to warm up. It was not in a central location.

There was off road parking available.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

The floor was sticky, the bathroom needed attention, e.g. the skirting board was hanging off, the linoleum was buckled, the blind was tatty. The sofa bed was broken, the handle was broken on the fish slice. There were no instructions for the oven. The thermostat was broken.

The flat was warm and spacious and beds comfortable, bedding clean.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

This is student accommodation 2* at best. Needs a good hoover and maintenance. Loo didn't flush properly. Walls have chips in them. Single bed collapsed in the night. Beer can and brambles in garden. Lampshade too big for lamps. Requested two doubles and single but got one double, twin and single. Kitchen contains the very basics (oven, small fridge, hob, microwave,sink).

Reception staff were friendly. Big lounge space. Lots of hot water and good shower. Has a garden. Had a washing machine.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

I didn't like the fact we had to pay £500 per apartment on the day as a deposit incase of damage and then don't get it back for 10 days, when the staff told me otherwise, then staff on the phone were rude.

The apartments were close to the centre and very nice