Reviews of Charing Cross Guest House 2 stars

310 Renfrew Street, Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow, G3 6UW, United Kingdom

#23 of 29 B&Bs and Inns in Glasgow

Would recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back . A very enjoyable visit.😊
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The whole stay was lovely, the staff were very helpful and friendly, lovely atmosphere,the room was clean and the beds were really comfortable, breakfast was very nice, very tasty and the service was great nothing was a problem both continental and cooked selection was great. Even when we left we had a lovely goodbye.

Great location and value for money
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Great location for night clubs, comfy bed, nice cooked breakfast, parking at £2 only! Budget accommodation, Great value for money, Would definitely stay again

Not what we expected.
    • Small Double Room

Our bedroom had no bathroom which we are not told about, it was 3 bathrooms for minimum of 10 rooms. The bed was uncomfy. We had read so many reviews with regard to how excellent this place was and we were very disappointed with our stay.

Location was within walking distance of the city centre - 20 minutes maximum.

The hotel is essentially fine and its management met our...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We are unlikely to return. It only takes one member of staff to undermine a business. We were faced with some truly appalling behaviour from a female member of staff when we sought to have a broken shower seen to. Although the problem was resolved quite quickly once the manager arrived, the damage had already been done.

The hotel is essentially fine and its management met our expectations.

Overall well worth what we paid.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

there was a mirror that was damaged by the previous customer which we were told about, but not replaced. The distance from the City Centre says a 15 minute walk, but we would put it at about 25 minutes.

Nice welcoming from the receptionist, Room 7 was our allocated room, the room was fine, beds comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was as expected, nice & served by a singing waitress. Overall for the price paid for the room everything was good. Car parking on the road cost only £2 which we bought the ticket from reception.

DO NOT STAY HERE
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

DO NOT STAY HERE From the moment my friend and I arrived we knew the pictures online were extremely misleading! House keeping was woeful, floors were sticky, bed sheets were marked and had hair in them, furniture was broken and stained. Left over toiletries were found in the bathroom. Location is awful!!! For £15 more we upgraded to a 4 star hotel in the centre of town. When we confronted the receptionist about the state of the room he was very unhelpful, unapologetic and unsurprised by the situation, which was very off putting!

Room was fine but dont appreciate being ripped off
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

They charged my card twice for the stay. My card company refunded it for me while they looked into it but the guest house has again taken the payment!! So they have taken £100 for a £50 room! Total scam

Cheap and cheerful
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The breakfast was mediocre, bacon could have been better quality rather than being like ham...

pleanty of space in the room and I was able to watch the England get through on Wednesday night thanks to the TV in the room!

Cute place
    • Small Double Room

Wasn't very clear about having a shared bathroom. There was one option that stated shared bathroom so I wanted to avoid that and selected another room, though it didn't say shared bathroom in the title as the other one did, it was shared. Had I known I wouldn't have paid that amount of money.

Room.was large and clean, and even though the weather was strangely warm, the room didn't get unbearably hot.

Overall good

No lift

Rooms were adequate, was just a little warm in there (we did stay on the hottest day of the year to be fair) staff were lovely in the morning and breakfast was lovely the girls couldn't have been more helpful. The only down fall was that there is no lift, I had a 6 month old with me and was a bit of handful getting up and down with everything, other than that was just what we needed for the night

Very close to centre.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

No menu for breakfast was causing some chaos( ladies were managing it fine though); you are supposed to leave your only key whenever leaving the premises and pick it up on return (this was additional hassle). No parking, just parking vouchers. Miniature shower, could do with some refreshing

Very close to centre. 24/7 reception. Good cooked breakfast. Quiet room with street view, comfy bed, tea and coffee in the room. Room of decent size and fairy bright. Hairdryer could be borrowed from reception

Far too expensive and grumpy staff
    • Small Double Room

Grumpy staff! Very unfriendly and unwelcoming. The price was extremely high with tiny rooms. Didn’t get our tiny room made up during the day when this was advertised that they do. Had just two towels when there was three of us in the room. My mother had a big glob of something fowl on her towel in her room. Simple furnishings and bedding for the high price.

Great location! Felt quiet but was in the middle of the city. Good breakfast. One of the staff girls was friendly. Breakfast cook was friendly also. Shared bathrooms were good size.

A lot of money for very little...

Most of the staff were not friendly or helpful. It took staff a long time to let me into the premises every time I rang the bell...therefore I didn’t like having to hand my key in whenever I went out. The ensuite was so small it was virtually impossible to use. I had a dreadfully stained and crusty bath towel and when I alerted a staff member she just threw it in the pile of linen to be washed while clearly it needed to be thrown out.

The location was fantastic. Very close to everything Glasgow has to offer. One young woman in the kitchen was friendly and helpful.

Great Location and Value for money!
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It was brilliant! I would have loved breakfast to last a bit longer though. 7:30- 9am is rather narrow. Thankfully, they weren't in a hurry to kick you out after 9am.

Great value for money! Well, all you might need for a lovely night in. Great location close to many sights, some literally under 5 min away like the Tenement House, Glasgow School of art and Center for Contemporary art.. Lovely staff too! They let me store my things after checkout during the day while I went to see the city before my train.

Only one member of staff spoke to us throughout our stay,...
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Only one member of staff spoke to us throughout our stay, that was to give us our key, when giving the key back each time to leave the property, we were told just to drop it over the desk (safety issue) but no one at the time was manning desk When we wanted to leave, so had to find someone to ask each time. The members of staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. The room was clean, but could do with modernisation as it felt a bit grubby, bed pretty uncomfortable and bathroom definitely in need of modernisation. Good selection for breakfast but didn’t eat much so couldn’t give a proper review on this. You get what you pay for here

A bit of a letdown.
    • Standard Family Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel receptionist instructed us to leave our keys with the front desk every time we left the property, and that the desk would be open 24/7. We arrived back at the hotel at 3am on the night of our stay and the receptionist was nowhere to be seen. We waited for 30 minutes, pressing the buzzer, knocking the door and even calling the hotel and nobody came to answer the door. I was forced to walk the streets of Glasgow until i could get in contact with a friend and arrived back at the hotel at 8am. The hotel receptionist did not believe that I wasn't able to get in and said he would check to cctv which I found incredibly disrespectful. I also asked for a hairdryer on the first day of my stay, to which i was given a broken hairdryer that not fit into the socket.

£140 down the drain

The WiFi did not work, the room was very small and tried and was not very clean. There was a previous customers toiletries left in the bathroom, which was tiny. Cooked breakfast was horrible and best.

The bed was comfortable and it was close to the centre of town.

Reception was very helpful and friendly.
    • Standard Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Reception was very helpful and friendly. They made our early morning departure very easy. We still got our included breakfast even though we left hours before service. I would definitely stay again. It was an easy walk to places and a very quiet street with a cafe within 200 meters for lunch.

a disappointingly poor value

bed, room,

The room was one of the smallest I have ever seen for 2 people. Cramped and uncomfortable. The price charged (about 110 $ US a night was egregious for one one got and had we had any idea would have stayed elsewhere. also twice the shared bathrooms ran out of toilet paper .

Suited me adequately.
    • Small Double Room

Booking.com didn’t reply to question about my wife coming with me so I went alone. A shared bathroom not so nice.

It was convenient for Meeting place in Woodlands Road.

Okay
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We chose a B & B as we wanted something more personable,however staff were straight faced and didn't converse with us at all,breakfast was like being in a doctor's waiting room and not a smile or chat from staff.

We liked where it was situated

Charing Cross Guest House was okay, but not great.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The WiFi didn't work. Ever. Very little room for 4 people in the bedroom. Only had 2 bath towels for the 4 of us and couldn't find anyone to get more.

Beds were very comfortable. Easy access to Kelingrove. Breakfast was very good. Good selection between cold and hot breakfast. The kitchen staff was very kind, helpful and fast.

False advertising
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

No Wifi - they advertise free WiFi but there if absolutely no functioning wifi. The receptionist tried resetting the router multiple times, which did nothing. If you need WiFi for work purposes or etc, DO NOT stay here.

Location, price and cleanliness were great value. More informative staff please
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Female staff member huffed and puffed when I rang the bell for help. Made me feel very awkward and unwelcome. Parking tickets were not explained clearly, so we woke up to a £60 parking ticket when we thought the hotel had provided the correct parking token.

I would not recommend this hotel.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Wi Fi did not work even though they said it was running. Not even a towel rack or hook in the bathroom. Size of room very crowded.

Location was good.

Good and convenient
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Staff weren’t very willing to help me. Also the room smelt of mould so I had to open the window for an hour to get rid of the smell. After an hour it smelt better.

Room had ensuite and everything you need. USB charging is a plus. Comfy bed.

Out of the way, comfortable hotel at reasonable price
    • Single Room with Shared Shower and Toilet

Bathroom very small, shower tray very slippery in my room (14)..be careful.

Good breakfast. Comfortable bed. Room bright and quiet. Ideally situated for visit to The Tenement House,Kelvingrove, Broadcast and Nice N Sleazy.

Realy lovely
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

So lovely and quiet. Staff very helpful, breakfast brilliant. Parking a little bit of a faf though staff again very helpful. Lovely seating area outside for those of us who still have the smoking habit and enjoy a coffee in the morning.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast...
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The things we didn't like were the shower, as water was cold and also stairs without lift as it was uncomfortable to carry our heavy suitcases upstairs.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was perfect: various and delicious. Our room was quite small but very clean and comfortable. Hotel is situated in a very good place: it is near the city center but in a quiet street.

Not so far from city center.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Nothing specific, but the building itself looks tired. Some staff is a bit unmotivated and inattentive.

Not so far from city center. Included breakfast is good. Room is tiny but clean.

Wouldn’t go back!
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Lady greeting us on arrival extremely unwelcoming! Tired, dark room. Sticky floor, broken drawers, dirty bathroom, squeaky bed.

Good location, decent breakfast.

Basic but comfortable and welcoming guest house in the city centre, excellent value for money.
    • Single Room with Shared Shower and Toilet

Toilet next door to my room was noisy - pipes groaned after flushing, which woke me up once or twice. But that was a very minor problem, so no worries really.

Friendly welcome; basic but clean and comfortable room; good bed; good breakfast with wide choice and a good coffee machine.

A very well located accomodation with buses and trains...
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Internet connection could have been better

A very well located accomodation with buses and trains within short walking distance, shops and restaurants nearby.

Perfect for an overnight cheap stay close to town.
    • Small Double Room

The room could have been cleaner, there was a lot of dust and a stain on the sheets. It wasn't a big deal for me though.

Comfortable bed, the room was a good size even though it was a small double. The guest house let me leave my luggage in early way before check in time.

Great, basic hotel but exactly what we were looking for. Will definitely be back.

Slightly bigger shower as is like a little box.

The hotel is in a great location, staff were all friendly and helpful. Room was clean, very comfortable.

It was ok for a b&b,the bed was comfortable and...
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There is no elevator and no one help me getting my luggage up the stairs. It’s a bit difficult finding the place. The bedroom was a bit smaller than I expected, but it was very confortable. It is perfect if you are on a budget.

It was ok for a b&b,the bed was comfortable and everything was very clean. The Staff was helpful. The Breakfast is really good, with an option of continental or English Breakfast. The Location is not the best, but it’s close of the main attractions.

Charing Cross is an excellent guest house for a short stay in Glasgow.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

The hot breakfast was well cooked but I would have preferred to choose what was going on the plate. Nice dining room.

Good location for Central Glasgow, Cinemas, Theatres, Restaurants, Transport, etc.. Clean and comfortable with pleasant, helpful staff and reasonably priced. What more could you ask for ?

Good place to sleep
    • Single Room with Shared Shower and Toilet

Bathroom sounds are quite noisy and I didn't like that you have to leave the key every time you get out.

Room was perfect for me alone. I loved the bed! Was a very comfy place.

Comfortable stay and loved the breakfast!
    • Standard Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The stairs were a killer!!!!! A lift would have been the icing on the cake - as would an en-suite toilet/shower.

Room was clean and comfortable, as was the bed. Toilet / shower clean. Dining room spotless - breakfast selection fantastic, staff friendly and approachable.

It's a poor quality place for students or backpackers with a low budget.

Unfriendly staff, poor quality. We booked it for 7 people and got 5 bedding. When I asked for more, they told me that we booked double beds and they can't provide more. After nagging the staff they did, however. It's a poor quality place for students or backpackers with a low budget.

Good location, good breakfast.

A nice stay at Charings Cross Guest House
    • Single Room with Shared Shower and Toilet

The room was pretty cold even though there was a heater. Also the tap i my room was broken, so there was only cold water and it got blocked from just brushing my teeth. This was no big issue though, all in all I had a really nice stay.

The breakfast was very good and I chose to eat the non-meat options (toast, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, apple juice etc). The staff was very friendly, the bed was comfy and I got towels for free even though my booking confirmation said it would be at an extra charge. Bathroom was clean and the location is just a short walk from the city centre.

Only thing that redeemed this property was the breakfast in...
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Just generally unimpressed. Our bed was a double with a single sheet on it, so half of the bed was uncovered. When I lifted my pillow to fix this, there was a long hair stuck to it. Almost guaranteed that we were bitten by bed bugs as my partner and I had bites on us and were itching the whole of the next day. The facilities were average; plumbing made a noise, shower didn’t drain and just old in general. Zero sound proofing and we were next to the stairwell so were kept awake all night as other guests came in and out.

Only thing that redeemed this property was the breakfast in the morning

The room is clean and staff helped me take my luggage to the...
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

The location of the hotel is far from the center. And no lift in the hotel, I need to carry my big luggage up and down the steps.

The room is clean and staff helped me take my luggage to the second floor.

Free full English breakfast - really nice

All good

Free full English breakfast - really nice On road parking for £2 Fluffy towels Clean room Warm room Quiet - no road traffic noise, no noise from neighbours Restaurants/ Coop/ Sainsbury's a short walk over the bridge

I would recommend this sweet little B&B with a perfect location just a walk away from the citycentre
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There were not so many options for the continental breakfast, I would have loved to have more things there!

The hot breakfast was really good! The room looked very comfy.

More a hostel that a guest house
    • Small Double Room

Tiny room. No hot water. Grumpy receptionist. Communual toilets and showers which are not mentioned anywhere on the site.

Location to where we were going

Good room, comfortable bed, but some hum of motorway noise
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Despite the double-glazed window, there was still a hum of noise from the motorway. Whilst accepting this is inevitable to some extent, given the location, the hotel should consider, over and above the double-glazing, extra secondary glazing. Although the room was well ventilated, the bathrooms were not -- the fans were clogged with dust, and seemed to be reliant on air fresheners.

The vegetarian breakfast was well cooked -- the texture just right, especially the tomato. The room was well ventilated, and had a wide bed.

Great Breakfast, even better staff who compliment you on...
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Great Breakfast, even better staff who compliment you on your hungover state pyjama appearance to breakfast like it's no big deal. Friendly, really good value for money and location is really good for a night out on the town.

Great place for travelling through Glasgow!
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

In bathroom there is shower. But it's not a shower it's like a few drops of water :-/ And the walls between the rooms isn't so thick :-/ And noone told me about wifi and wifi code. You can see it on the wall in reception but if there is someone who answered you, it's no possible to see it.

The breakfast was good, the place was great (15min to Bus station, 20min to main train station), personal staff was helpful (but someone could help you with luggage)

Avoid!
    • Small Double Room

Overcharged on credit card as they said we didn’t inform them we were just checking out and because we were late they charged my card. Filthy, tired and wouldn’t ever return

Good location, comfortable.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We asked for late check out as per the genius benefits. Had to call them up myself but they said it wasn't guaranteed. Need to ask at check in as to availability. When i asked at check in they said would have to pay extra and check by calling at 8am. Pointless!

Good location, comfortable.

Staff was very friendly and welcoming.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Staff was very friendly and welcoming. But even for this great price would I have expected a cleaner room. The bed was very cozy though and the location is not bad, it is a bit if a walk from the center, but the place is in a rather quiet street, not much traffic noise. Breakfast was decent!

Had a great stay and will be back. Recommend it to others
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

That I had to eat take away food outside the room in the lounge.. no smoking in the room was a bit annoying but understandable

The bed was very comfy.. shower was easy to use and decent enough. Good breakfast as well

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The staff member on the front desk was extremely blunt and rude. I wasn't happy with the fact that if she was not present at the front desk, we were supposed to just leave our key out - meaning that any other guest could have taken it and let themselves into our room. Also, the shower was so small that my partner (who is 6ft) could not fit into it without opening the doors.

The room was clean and the bed, although small, was comfortable.

A well situated and appointed B&B in Glasgow not too far...
    • Single Room with Shared Shower and Toilet

To be honest very little was not to like though I think in time the flooring of the room I had will need replacing.

A well situated and appointed B&B in Glasgow not too far from the main railway stations for the city. The provision of a 24hr reception service being especially useful and a welcome surprise. The staff were friendly and the standard of the breakfast excellent. Seemed to be a popular place to stay and I would be happy to go there again in future.

Good value a short walk from the city centre.
    • Small Double Room

We were unlucky with noisy neighbours and the towels were due for replacing but generally it was good.

Staff and facilities were great for a budget stay.

For a one nighter, it was fine.
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom was surface clean, but needs a deep clean - grouting etc Very cold as heater under the windowsill up against the bed so heat didn't circulate properly.

Upgraded to family room with own bathroom. Very friendly, helpful receptionist.

A great place to stay!
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

The staff was really polite and welcoming, the breakfast was really good and the location is near about 5 minutes of the ScotRail station and about 8 to the Subway, and it's like 2 to 3 minutes to several bars and restaurants. Totally recommended. :)

An excellent, comfortable stay in a well run guest house, marred only by another guest
    • Standard Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The fellow guest through the wall. He was inconsiderate and had is TV on loud past midnight then back on at 0530 hrs. I got no sleep as a result which was a shame because the room, the bed, the pillows were all ideally suited for a good nights sleep. Not the hotel or staffs fault at all. However perhaps a polite reminder to guests to be considerate to other guests on check would be useful and enable selfish people to at least think twice or not be surprised if staff have to knock their door and ask them to pipe down.

As above all excellent!

Excellent location. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Shower not the best and could do with upgrade on bedding

Excellent breakfast Friendly and very helpful staff Great location for city centre Great value for money

Loved it. Reasonably priced for the area, great breakfast, clost to everything.

Careful with the stairs.

It was a small room but it was comfortable and had everything I needed. The breakfast was more than I expected and I was overall very happy with the experience. It's located just around the corner from a great part of Glasgow, a very busy center with all the restaurants you could ever want and shopping just down a little further.

You get what you pay for! This was a cheap room needed last minute for an early hospital appointment
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The shower didn't stay hot and hadn't been cleaned!! There was shower gel and 2 used razors full of hairs and hairs all over the shower. The rest of the bathroom seemed clean so the housekeeper must be so careless and lazy to not notice this in the shower. I've worked in housekeeping and was shocked by this. Our room was so noisey as well, the walls are like paper and laminate floors mean you hear what everyone is doing in rooms around you. We were also beside the stairs which was very noisey.

The bed was very comfortable and room was small but cosy. Great location and cheap rate.

Disappointed
    • Standard Family Room with Shared Bathroom

I am not from people who like to complain, but I think its fair for others to know. My room didn’t look like one of the room in pictures, I expected to have privat bathroom but there was shared one. You could hear everything what happens in hotel sleeping was quite impossible. Room, beds, shower, toilets and everything else was very old and it have even old furniture smell. For money what I paid I was hoping for something better. From the morning I had lady knocking on my door (room service) asking me -( do you want anything) she wasn’t very polite, without any greetings. Then, from the morning I thought I will make a coffee, 1st milk was old 2nd I opened the cattle and seems like there is mold inside didnt smell well too. I tried to rince It but I thought- why? - so I went downstairs where I got my breakfast, again from staff no greeting . Lady came up to me and asked what I want. Breakfast was tasty and I wanted to get a coffee too, but then I realised you have to pay for coffee separate. That shocked me the most. I never stayed in place where you get included breakfast and you have to pay for coffee. Overall I didn’t enjoy my stay at all.

Lovely place clean and good staff
    • Standard Family Room with Shared Bathroom

The stairs because I have my parents have problem for moving no lift mobilestairs

Staff and room and bathroom cleaning coffe tea in the room good breakfast

Good value for money, small was nice and friendly
    • Standard Family Room with Shared Bathroom

My rooms were upgraded with little more money, parking is available on site for 2 pounds, breakfast was nice, staff was nice too, the toilet bath was quite small in one of the bedroom as you can not bend in the bath while taking shower plus there was very little water coming out from shower.

Great location and price, 24 receptionist???
    • Standard Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Despite being told there was 24 hour reception, when arriving at 5:00am roughly to collect our key there was nobody in.

Very reasonable price for how last minute we booked. Great location, definitely would come back again. Breakfast was included too which was great!

This guest house is situated near Kelvingrove Park and...
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This guest house is situated near Kelvingrove Park and Glasgow university. Personal is kindly and hospitality. You can ask ask many of questions about town and receive answer. Room was clean and light. It was comfortable to stay here.

Fan
    • Standard Family Room with Shared Bathroom

My husband & I was happy with everything on our stay

A great welcome & check in , great room thank you & breakfast was superb & but the nice touch was the kitchen & waitress team actually touch tables & spoke to all that was having breakfast on our stay , please if you can pass on to the whole team job well done I assume they hear negative comments so its nice to receive good ones

Needed a clean and safe stopover - Just the ticket
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Not something they can change but there are LOADS of stairs so really not for anyonw who finds that difficult or who has heavy luggage.

Fantastic price, comfy bed, clean room, helpful staff and a lovely cooked breakfast. What more could you ask for?

Totally fine! Good value for money
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

-except for one or two very friendly men,staff could be a bit nicer (or perhaps they were shy?) -only one towel for a double room -not a lot of space in the room to put clothes or other stuff -breakfast only until 9

-breakfast was very good (continental and hot breakfast) -we could check in earlier than 2pm which was very nice and helpful -bed was comfortable -sink in the room is practical -price was good! in general we were really pleased with what we received for the money. Others said this Hotel was ok for one night. We stayed six nights and it was completely fine.

My stay was pleasant and enjoyable and the accommodation was very good value for money.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

It had steps up to the building and we had a lot of snow and ice. As a suggestion I think a teapot for breakfast would be a good idea.

The accommodation was very central. The room was small but was very clean as was the ensure. The staff were very helpful the lady at the reception area was pleasant and informative. The breakfast was very good and the staff were very accommodating. We had no difficulty ordering a taxi for our return journey to the airport which is only 15-20 minutes drive.

For the price I can't complain.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There is a rule that take away food isn't allowed into the rooms. This may not bother most people though. A key to the front door isn't given and you must hand your room key over if you leave and must be buzzed in each time you leave.

The breakfast was excellent. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable.

Not recommended
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

A very unfriendly welcome and check-in by a grumpy lady at the reception. Told us we are not allowed to consume ANYTHING in the room (which is ridiculous, especially if you're planning to stay there for longer than a night). She told us that if we want to consume anything we can use the dining room (which was already set up for breakfast with plates, cutlery and napkins laid our on the tables, so I don't think she'd be too happy to have us mess that up just to eat snacks). When we were walking away she let out a very loud sigh too. Super weird and hostile. The room did not look as nice as on the pictures. The furniture is much older and more run down. Also the bathroom was filthy (we stayed in a quadruple room no 25) especially around the window. To add to that the window in the bathroom doesn't shut properly so there's a constant breeze coming in making the bathroom freezing. Overall not a good experience and I wouldn't stay there again, even for free.

Excellent value B&B; pleasantly surprised at what you get for the price.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There was a wardrobe in front of part of the window that could have been next to the bed. Seemed a bit daft to block the light when it could have fitted elsewhere.

The reception staff member was very friendly and helpful. Parking was easy: they had the Glasgow parking slips that let you park over two time zones for £4; we stayed right out side the property which was great. The room was bigger than we'd expected, had an en suite shower/toilet and two beds [one double and one single]. The bed was comfy and the telly was large; it also had tea and coffee and free shower gel/hand wash. The breakfast was also better than we expected. There was a great choice of cooked items, cereals, yoghurt, toast, jams, cheeses, orange juice and tea/coffee. Superb value in a great central location.

We were a bit confused all the time, because we weren’t sure...
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

We were a bit confused all the time, because we weren’t sure if the staff didn’t like us, because we were doing something wrong or they were just plain grumpy all the time. The man at the reception (at night) was very nice and helpful though.