Reviews of Chase Inn by Good Night Inns 3 stars

Higham Lane, Nuneaton, CV11 6AG, United Kingdom

#4 of 5 hotels in Nuneaton

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Apart from the excessive heat of the room and corridor, our stay was a pleasant one.

The room was too warm, as was the corridor leading to the room. I mentioned this to the receptionist on leaving. She said it had to be that way or the water would not be hot enough to maintain the building's normal consumption.

It was fairly close to where we needed to visit. The setting was pleasant and the staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was quickly prepared.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

All great !!!

Staff all very helpful and friendly. No problem at all when I asked to change my room as I need a bath rather than a shower due to mobility issues. Food in the restaurant was excellent as was the service.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Overnight stay visiting. Family

The room was far to hot even with the windows open, Couldn't sleep

Visiting family and friends, booked this hotel close to town centre, friendly and very welcoming, the meals were excellent. Check in was very good and the receptionist made you feel welcome and very chatty. Check in was more of a pleasure than a chore. Breakfast had a good choice.

Suited my needs perfectly

The building could certainly benefit from a make-over, as it looked quite scruffy from the outside.

The room was a little tired and shabby, but clean, tidy and warm, with everything i needed. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was amazing

Business stay

Food on evening one was exceptionallly poor, Xl cheese chicken consisted of two average chicken breasts, a slice of processed cheese, in a sliced warburtons bun (or similar) a few peas and around 6 waffle chips.... also had a very noisy neighbour first night! Doors banging and a party of sorts going on until 1.30, but the receptionist went out of her way to put things right when I told her about the issues.

Receptionist in hotel was exceptional, on both evenings and second morning, went out of her way to rectify issues I had, cannot recommend her highly enough. Bed was comfortable, shower good, overall a reasonable stay.

Reasonable Budget Hotel

Rooms are a bit tired especially the shower room which could do with a bit of a makeover and replace the plastic toilet seat and coat hook on back of door which fell off. Restaurant was manic with glasses and plates lying on empty table and advised 30 min wait for food at 8 pm so decided to eat elsewhere.

Friendly staff with reasonable choice for breakfast.

I travel to see my partner the room is very nice .

I travel to see my partner the room is very nice .The rooms are far enough a way from the bar area that they are quite .The only thing on Wednesday they have a quiz night and all tables were reserved or full when we came down from our room to eat. We asked if we could take our meals back to the room and was told that is not possible. Never stayed on a week day before we didn't know it got that busy .

Hard mattress makes for an uncomfortable night.

Looks Fabulous from the entrance, the hotel is tucked round the back and is an add on to the original building. It really is in need of an update. The bed in our room was vast in size but tiny in comfort. Extremely hard mattress, might suit some people but I suggest most guests would be happy with something a little more springy. As for banging doors why can't the soft closing mechanism's be fixed so I didn't get woken up in the early hours by neighbours rooms. Wasn't asked on check out how we found our stay, at least I can air my views here.

On the plus side the staff are friendly, welcoming and the room was clean albeit a bit tired looking in places.

Nice place to stay

Had to wait 20 minuets to get checked in but it was 17.00 and the bar was busy just a small moan

Good place to stay food in the bar is excellent room was large and well equipped would definitely stay again

Very friendly, and helpful staff.

Very friendly, and helpful staff. The gentleman on shift on Friday morning, was especially good helpful. ( sorry I was don't know his name) Lovely, so comfy bed. I love her so

Blackout curtains are brilliant, rooms extremely clean,...

Everything was great. In these was a small tear in the netting by the window but this does not warrant a bad review as its a great place.

Blackout curtains are brilliant, rooms extremely clean, staff where friendly and location is great to town centre and amenities on site are great too

5.5
    Have stayed here before but the place is now dated .

Too many non residents young and loud swearing openly unfortunately this seems to be the norm nowadays. The previous evenings drinking glasses still on the tables outside the hotel in the morning.

Bar meals were good value for money

It was ok xx

We had 2 vegetarians for breakfast and for two days we stayed you had no vegetarian sausages so it was not good for them as you do say vegetarian breakfast.

Food in the bar is really good.

First night the bed was terrible. Could feel every single spring in the matrac. Had a terrible night sleep. In the morning went to reception to try to change room . As on previous occasions reception never manned. Rung the bell ×4 times waited in total 15 minutes no staff. Contractor told me staff in the bar. Went through find 4 of them talking all ignored me. On approach asked the receptionist young lad if we could change room ( for reasons mentioned above) to be given the answer all the bed are the same. Still this is front of all the other staff even I requested to have a word with him. I said is not true as I have stayed previously 2x and had no problem with bed. So he finally did a favour and come to reception to look if any room available after another staff told him is a possibility to change to another room. After saying to him I'm not sleeping in the same room for another 2 night so if he don't change room I cancel on a spot he finally change our room. I have found (him ) not useful at all. No customer service skill at all. I got this is a budget hotel and I haven't got an expectation for excellent customer service, but find some of the staff are rude making inappropriate comments of the guests/ customers. One plus point to all the negatives, the food in a bar however is really good. Had eaten there 10x now and the food is allways great. For that reason I would put up with the rest if I have too. But not going to book again unless is nowhere else is available. Shame really as the other 2 room we stayed was comfy allways clean ( daily cleaning) and reasonable decor.

Food in the bar is really good. Steak is excellent.

One day really hope to return, and stay longer.

Just about everything!This place was the nicest we have encountered on our 10 week trip. Great food, clean beds and rooms, all the facilities you could want. It was sad to leave. The breakfast was good, it was up to the person how big/small you wanted and paid accordingly. Staff very friendly and located near supermarket in quiet suburban area. Loved it and hope to return one day, keep up the excellent standard!

Excellent staff and excellent facilities at a fair price

Nothing negative about our stay

Breakfast was hot and plentiful..good choice of cereal,toast was fresh..breakfast could not be faulted..Bar food was excellent quality for a very fair price with plenty on the menu to choose from..room was very comfortable with plenty of hot water and comfy beds with clean fresh bed linen and towels

Fabulous

The restaurant was very busy with football supporters on the Saturday evening which was annoying but that was not the hotels fault.

We returned to The Chase after a stay in 2017 and have booked for a 2 night stay in May 2019. This hotel is comfortable and well positioned for our needs.

Practical but not pretty stay.

All a bit worn, my room smelt of Fabreeze which was an unpleasant ongoing reminder that you only use Fabreeze to mask nasty odours.

Very nice chap for very late check in. Good parking. Quiet.

Needs updating looks tired and dated.

Needs updating room was faulty had to change but that had the same problems

No air con just a fan left on the floor also only one exit from rear car park dray was using it delaying departure.

It's was pleasant overall

Front desk staff was not there is of the time and I had to wait about 10 mins to check-in and check-out. Also saw him help other guest to the room but just handed over the key to me even though I had 2 big boxes.

Beds very nice. No toiletry was provided

TERRIBLE - ID RATHER SLEEP IN MY CAR

Everything about the hotel

I liked nothing. Room was of a poor standard, staff on reception were unfriendly & seemed completely untrained, checking in took about 20 minutes. Hotel is run down & needs a complete overhaul.

Great stay at the Chase!

I liked this hotel a lot as it was near to the train station, (10 minute walk), and also near to where I needed to be next day. Good atmosphere and good food, plus my room was on the ground floor which I appreciated as my knees don't like stairs much now.

Awful staff very rude , dirty rooms , restaurant was nice and the staff where nice as was the food

Had to be moved from our initial room as it was filthy and window was broke so couldn’t close it . Went to a different room which was better . Unfortunately on our second night here we were kept awake from 2 am untill 6am with people banging , knocking doors , talking outside our room etc . We had a two hour journey the following day to Manchester so we ended up having an hours sleep which was unacceptable when my partner had a long drive ahead . I complained the following day before we left and the staff where very very rude and basically called me a ‘liar’ ! She told me “ they can’t help noise of a nighttime as there is no staff at the premises during the night ‘. This hotel cost us £120 for two nights which was appalling for how we were treated . I would NEVER stay here again !

The restaurant was lovely and the staff where very welcoming .

Convenient, friendly, but dated accommodation

The decor, windows, bathroom was all dated and in need of a refurb, the walls were very thin and the doors banged waking us early on a Sunday morning!!!

The pub attached was convenient, the bed was a good size

awful... never again

Awful hotel.. we would never stop there again.. we would NEVER recommend this hotel to anybody.. very run down hotel.. sleepless night due to the locals..

There is Nothing we liked about this hotel..

Full English breakfast was excellent.

Breakfast room seemed very cold

Full English breakfast was excellent. Breakfast only served till 9 am, so take note if your on a leisurely trip def worth getting up for. Staff were friendly and helpful with directions etc. Beds good

Tiring, horrendous

Being kept awake all night by rowdy arty goers. Why put teens next to a woman and an 8 year old? It was appalling. It was also an adjoining room which meant that all the loud phone calls, laughter, awful language and crude comments are now all added to my daughters vocabulary. I waited at reception on check out to complain, despite ringing the bell on the desk and waiting 15 mins, no-one came and I was late so had to go. If I had not paid in advance, I would not have paid at all! I am waiting for a response from ‘guest relations’, so far....nothing

Bed was clean and comfy

Somewhat outdated rooms for the money requested.

Somewhat outdated rooms for the money requested. Breakfast was very poor in regard to available options without having to upgrade the breakfast. Maintenance on the rooms. Room had one hinge of the door missing. Bathroom outdated. Matrasses felt worn out. For the money asked investments should be made to deliver what you might expect.

Good Value for money solution.

The invoicing data were not in the system.- It doesn't make sense to have a Corporate profile on booking if You have anyway to wait for the invoice while checking out.

Confortable room and big choice for breakfast

Overall a nice, comfortable and pleasant stay

The friends benefit of £15 off the total is long winded and needs to be at the time of checkout as an email I had says "You’ll receive £15 after you’ve completed your stay. " so this sounds like it will be at the time of checkout. .

Pub attached was good as was the overall standard of the room.

At £55 a night was clean spacious but nothing wa wa woo.

Hardly can find any staff. Staff o the reception also work in the bar waited 10 minutes to check in. Room was a bit cold . Only was a small radiator in the room. Bathroom was clean but a bit dated. No bath only shower.

Room was spacious tea coffee restoked every day. Room was cleaned daily. Restaurant on site was amazing. Steak was delicious at very good price.

Overpriced

No shower gel (empty) Empty wine bottle on top of wardrobe Bathroom very dated and shower poor Strangely located radiator meant you couldn’t flush the toilet properly Dirty carpet

Near to venue, good mattress

Not worth the money!!

The room was dirty the curtains where falling off the rail. The bathroom was very grubby needs a good clean. Using double sided tape to hold the shower gel up doesn't work!! I can well and truly say I wont be staying here again. This place is need of a deep clean and re-decoration. The score doesn't reflect how poor this place is only the staff keep the score above a 3.

Good welcome. The ease of access to the restaurant.

Will try somewhere else next time.

Then on smoking room's bathroom stunk of strong cigarette smoke. The shower water pressure and hot water temperature is barely sufficient

Good location and beds were comfortable

Love the food at the Chase.

Love the food at the Chase. Especially the rib eye steak you get with the macaroni cheese. If you have a big appetite like me, it's a must in my opinion.

Overnight stay

Although really clean and tidy in places looking just a little tired

It was easy to access room was cleaned and pesentable. Staff were excellent all multi tasking.

Very pleasurable hassle free stay.

Broken toilet seat and showing signs of General wear and tear. Reception not always manned.

It was clean and the adjoining rooms were good for us. Staff were generally helpful restaurant on site was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Very good for business, short stay and affordable price

The may improve their internet connection. For more than 4 days staying there, the dinner can be bored because their food is always the same.

Hotel is confortable, bar-restaurant is very good to have drinks over there and not drive anymore. Price is very good.

No one said goodby to me when I left

The next room had Tv on all night there was no one at reception to ask them to go to room and ask them to turn it off. I therefore did not get much sleep

Poor

Rooms way too hot. Beds and pillows rock hard.could here the strangers in next room talking and they weren't shouting.breakfast luke warm. Mum was disabled. .i booked an accessible room but she couldn't get her basic size wheelchair thru door. Rooms too small for wheelchair users anyway. Bathroom not accessible...no room...no hand rail...large step into shower so could not shower for 3 days. Only accessible toilet was in restaurant and the hand rail was hanging on with 1 screw and mum nearly fell. This was reported but nothing done. This toilet not usable after closing time either.

The bath was nice.

Comfortable,warm,friendly ,

Not keen on lights in room not very bright .till they warm up .

Comfy beds ,meals good ,breakfast plenty to eat .stayed here twice now ,first time on my own .very good service then too.nice to see the pics of local area ,I.e. arbury hall ,

Lovelry hotel and hospitality

The meal on Saturday night was poor, however Friday night was different all together and very good . Not sure if it was a different chef or not . Shame

The room was lovelry

It was ok,could have been better,hopefully it will be when all the refurbishments are completed.

It was a shame that the restaurant and bar was being refurbished..really we shouldn't have been charged full price!!

Bed was a kingsize+ close to the city

Nice hotel nice rooms very comfy bed.

Waited for 20 mins to check in. And there was no sign in the room to say what time breakfast was served till so by the time we got there at 9:45 it had finished.

Warm, clean and comfortable.

Due to refurbishing, there was no breakfast. There was a reduced continental on offer but unfortunately the price wasn't reduced so we had to go elsewhere.

Comfortable bed, very clean, convenient for our needs

The staff were pleasant and attentive when we needed assistance.

The rooms could do with some TLC

Although this hotel is rather run down we slept really well. The restaurant was having a refurbishment but this didn't impact on our stay. The room was basic but as I say we slept well.

"Disappointed "

We booked for four nights 20/10/17 to 24/10/17 on the 19th had an email to say hotel was shutting at 8pm on the 22nd for a refurb. No food facility, contractors working on the outside of the building, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with a engine driven cherry picker. Bath room light dim and toilet seat loose! We checked out a day early as hotel became a building site! We come to Nuneaton twice a year and always stay at the chase, we will considering our options when staying in Nuneaton as we were very disappointed with the lack of communication to warn us of your facelift to the hotel. We would not have booked into a hotel to be told there were no facilities half way through our stay. We think some discount should have been offered on checkout as all that was on offer was just a bed room! Disappointed, Clif and Chris Woodall. (Marazion Cornwall)

Meals, within distance of our family to meet up at hotel bar!

Overall this was a great location and good value for money.

The noise from other guests in nearby rooms was loud. I could hear every word of the conversation from the room on the opposite side of the corridor at 12:30 a.m. Likewise, it felt as if I was in the same room as the guests in the room next door. Too few staff on at the bar for ordering food and drinks.

Room was good size. Generally clean bathroom. Bed was comfortable.

I was impressed with the room very clean, and comfy plenty of space

Walls very thin can hear everything going on outside of room. Room was a little warm but a fan was provided in the room, wasn't able to turn the radiator off.

Bed was very comfy and big lots of pillows.

The location was good

The plug hole in the sink was broke so we could not drain water away as the pin at the back of the taps that you would usually lift or press down was missing. The shower leaked really badly.. even with the shower curtain in side of the bath wasting two of our towels to soak up the water. the tv remote did not work and on inspection of the batteries they had exploded inside, the towels had little marks on them

The location was good

Convenient

Single beds very small. Upstairs noisy.

Staff are very friendly and always try to make you feel welcome. Very convenient for town. Food excellent quality and very well priced.

Comfortable stay. Priced fairly. Good food

The shower door was almost hanging off which was a bit worrying and the pressure could have been more but ok . No plugs next to or near the bed so I had to stretch the lead to charge everything. We had a party in the function suite the barman only one was very slow so a q built up . In the end it was quickier being served inthe main bar. Not a didn't like but the hotel could do with a refurb.

Comfortable and clean hotel, the staff were nice and the beds comfortable . Very nice food and it's a big pub. Very nice breakfast

nice stress free relaxing

The only think I can say is about the lack of facilities in the hotel they could be a bit better.

Meals were very good hot and enjoyable, the hotel didn't have facilities for disabled visitors, there are ground floor rooms which are ok but you cant get a electric scooter or a wheelchair into the room, it was very difficult, other than that we have no complaints, the rest of the hotel was clean, and the staff was friendly, and they went out of their way to help you the breakfast was also nice and hot, and plenty to choose from.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Clean, Excellent staff- value for money

Excellent hotel in the small town. We had a evening meal in the bar which was very tasty and good value for money. not one of the best hotels i have stayed in but value for money this is excellent The staff were very polite and helpful.

Not good and will not be coming back or recommending.

The staff on the main bar were rude and miserable. We were there for a family event in the function room and were told on arrival they wouldn't be putting the bar on (eventually they agreed to supply a staff member for it) towards the end of the night a fight broke out in the main bar (not our group) resulting in screaming girls. Boys swearing and shouting and a fair few police cars and ambulances turning up. We saw small canisters of what we believe to be nitrous oxide (apparently a drug that is common in youth these days) a lot of them littered in the car park.rooms were not cleaned properly. Dust gathering in the corners. A toilet that didn't flush properly. And also I booked a room and breakfast for 2 adults and 1 child and they only had it down as 1 person.

The location and parking was easy to get to.

Very disappointing compared to lovely Yorkshire country house hotel £96 B&B the night before

Bar tables not kept clean or wiped after glasses removed (eventually) Brawl inside and outside the bar area at the hotel front on returning around 10.45pm Being woken at 3.40am by two lots of people in corridor next door to our room (they were next door and across from each other) talking loudly and laughing. I went out

Probably overpriced for the area and facilities I'm afraid.

Things broken in the communal toilets, the buffet was very poor that we ordered (and I normally like a good buffet and aren't fussy) and only one member of staff manning reception and breakfast in the morning (breakfast was extra). There was also a huge bar fight and people had been clearly taking drugs in the carpark over night (worrying close to our car but luckily it wasn't touched). Not the hotels fault but just to give a flavour of the area!

Staff were friendly enough and the room was clean and pleasant.

Very good

The heat in the rooms and the fact there is no lift to 1st floor rooms as this makes hauling luggage difficult, but staff offered help

Location and helpfulness of staff

Good value for money

It was difficult to get someone's attention when checking in or out and a long wait for food.

Loved that we didn't have to check out until 12pm! Comfy king size bed and nice breakfast. Helpful polite staff.

Ben on reception was extremely pleasant, helpful and...

Ben on reception was extremely pleasant, helpful and courteous. Although the bar area was a little noisy on pub quiz night it proved to be an excellent choice. There was even a gluten free beer.

Good value for money

there were not much staff in the restaurant and I had to find people to serve us breakfast

Good size room, comfy bed. Good value for money! Whilst getting ready in the bedroom I ordered a glass of prosecco. beautiful!

Great accommodation, staff and food, great value for money, would definitely recommend to others.

there wasn't anything to dislike or complain about

Rooms are a very good size. Beds are big and very comfortable. We ate in the restaurant and the food and all staff were very good. Very professional and friendly. Room was very clean. Manager is very friendly and professional. Excellent all round and very good value for money.

Attention needed in areas

Our room was not cleaned for when we returned to it late evening. Also we hold a blue badge for disabled and found cars was being allowed to park in these that did not hold a blue badge. There was ample of parking available for those that don't have a disabled blue badge. This is a issue that's needs sorting

Friendly staff

Helpful staff, Free WiFi,

White noise from fan in room next door, scruffy exterior to the property. Unable to exit the car park in the morning due to drinks delivery blocking drive.

Helpful staff, Free WiFi,

Average - spoilt by the shower being broken and the unhelpful receptionist.

Shower was broken. I booked 2 rooms for Myself, my wife and two friends but your receptionist wouldn't tell me the room number that our friends were in, even though he knew I'd booked the room for them. I found this to be most inconvenient because it was most difficult for us to contact them because they didn't have a mobile. He was very unhelpful. You need to sort this out because I won't be last people who do this. We won't be staying again.

Room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The room had an unpleasant air fresher smell which affected...

The smell in the room.

The room had an unpleasant air fresher smell which affected my breathing as I'm asthmatic. Opened the window but there were smokers outside which then drifted in. Yuk! The hotel is handy for food. The hotel receptionist was very pleasant and welcoming. He was the most informative receptionist I've met and I've stayed in a lot of hotels in the area.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Nice comfy bed

The room was too hot and made sleeping uncomfortable, the noise from surrounding rooms was easily overheard even though we were at the end if true corridor.

The bed was huge and really comfy and clean. It was close to ricoh arena which was the purpose of our visit. Very handy having the pub attached for food. The last on reception was very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was very tasty and filling, with plenty of choice.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Roo

The extractor fan made a terrible racket when it was on, the bulb blew so I had to shower in the dark, I put the radiator on so the room wd b warm in the morning but it was cold cus radiator is on a timer told assistant manager he sent another woman 2 deal with it,she said shed put the radiator on but it took ages to heat up room had 2 go down again n ask 4 a radiator no common sense

Location, car park near to it

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

A disappointing but nesscessary stay.

The bathroom was in dire need of a refurbishment, the toilet seat was broken and the request to have this replaced was forgotten/ignored. The nightly rate was very expensive considering the facilities available and the other guests checking out at the same time were paying a vastly different rate. The staffing situation during breakfast and checkout was poor with only one member of staff manning the reception desk and trying to take breakfast orders which was very poor planning considering that morning is rush hour at any hotel.

The only local available hotel that was within budget in terms of nightly rate. The room was reasonably clean.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Excellent stay great hotel

good for connecting with family and friends whom live near very social place

excellent staff friendly, helpful ,clean comfortable bed and room, food splendid , good selection of ales

Ok for a cheap hotel. Wouldn't take the family.

The bathroom looked grubby around the bath, not dirty just grubby. The toilet seat was hanging off in my room.

The pub attached was very nice, good food. Good location to where I needed to be the next day. Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Property was easy to find, plenty of parking space.

Property was easy to find, plenty of parking space. Only stayed for one night, had drinks and food in the bar all very reasonably priced, and food tasted lovely. Big crowd in the bar due to football on TV. Plenty of choice in the breakfast bar and full breakfast brought to us by a pleasant waitress. All in all a very pleasant stay.

Staff in bar very friendly and helpful.

Pillow case on spare pillow was dirty, towels were marked and stained. Room and bathroom were clean.

Staff in bar very friendly and helpful. Ordered food and it was served fairly quickly.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Pleasant stay, good breakfast and helpful staff.

First room taken to,120, strongly smelled of smoke, very bad, windows were open which suggests to me they had noticed. Complained and were immediately moved to room 101 which was fine, even offered to help move room which we declined. Don't really blame the hotel, I blame the self centred, ignorant pig who we were told had been in the room for a week ............. smoking his head off despite a clear notice saying no smoking and threatening a £100 cleaning fee.

Friendly helpful staff, clean adequate second room, good shower, excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Good location for business users.

Food in the pub restaurant wasn't great but not overpriced, service was good and staff were friendly enough..

The hotel section of the building looks a little tired from the outside, but once inside the décor is OK, the staff were friendly, the room I slept in was bigger than average, bed was big and comfy, room was clean and was a fair price for an other night stop. Good breakfast.