Reviews of Cheshunt Marriott Hotel 4 stars

Halfhide LaneTurnford, Broxbourne, EN10 6NG, United Kingdom

#1 of 1 hotels in Broxbourne

• Suite

Sink was separate to the bathroom which was awkward when we didn't want to turn the light on to wake our daughter.

Suite had a separate bedroom which was perfect to close the door to our 18 month old who doesn't sleep if she knows someone is in the room. All the staff were fantastic and helpful. Only disappointment was that certain benefits only available if you book through Marriott and so I wouldn't use Booking.com again

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Got married here 10 years ago so went back for anniversary. Promised some petals on bed but they forgot. Got a bottle of wine to try to make up.

Comfy bed. Upgraded to garden view.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

First room I was in was very noisy due to roadworks (that I hadn't been told about in advance). Room was changed for second night. Wifi code should be provided at check-in FOC.

• Deluxe Room

It was just a couple of little things such as, there weren't any condiments with our room service breakfast, also some noise from next room so not sure how soundproof the walls are.

Very clean, room was nice and bed comfy. Staff were very friendly from the reception staff, to our waitresses at the restaurant, to the room service staff too. Hotel also visually from the building, fixtures and grounds looked pleasant and appealing.

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

The rooms are so dated it’s like something out of the 70’s .. the sink is not even in the bathroom it’s just odd . The downstairs is very modern the bedrooms let the hotel down. Thought we had booked a garden view with table and chairs but yes we booked garden view with balcony no table or chairs . If I had known then I wouldn’t of paid the extra for a deluxe room with garden view . Disappointing. Hotel receptionist not very helpful at all . Bronte .

• Deluxe Room

There weren't the best options on the menu for my daughters, and they're not fussy, but it was pricey for what you get so we ate out.

Breakfast was good and buffet style which my daughter loves but again that was pricey.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The 2 nights we stayed there, the lift nearest to our room was out of order and I don't walk very well so being on the second floor meant I had to use the stairs, or walk to the other side of the hotel, to the other lift.

Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. This was by far the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in throughout the UK. The King sized bed was also super comfy.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The staff in the restaurant/bar were lovely and really helpful. The hotel had a very relaxed feel to it and we had a great meal in the restaurant. Would definitely go back!

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

En-suite needs upgrade. Hotel in general is tired. Limited choice at buffet breakfast with some items stone cold!

Spacious clean room. Helpful friendly staff.

• Suite

The baths are quite low and small, the shower head was broken and water came out the sides so showering with low preassure wasnt to great.

Prettt much everything aside from the shower. Everyrhing else was more than a satisfactury quality. The scrambled egg in breakfast was to die for.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Was told there was a swimming pool when booked Was really looking forward to a swim BUT NO POIL

Bed was very comfortable and big Breakfast was fresh and plent of it

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The fact that the A10 was so close to our room traffic continues through the hole time we were in the room had very little sleep I think it should have been mentioned when booking the room a lot of money for poor night sleep 😤

Hotel and staff very professional room was very nice food good

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The only thing missing is leisure facilities. Also, we waited a long time for our food when we were the only ones in there. And the menu doesn’t have a big enough selection. The bathrooms in the rooms could be updates, baths are small.

The hotel was actually nicer than anticipated. Reception staff were friendly, I liked the small touches for example having the tv in my room personalised with my name. The rooms had sky sports which my boyfriend was very happy about. Also, I needed some more tea and coffee and reception provided me with lots more. The bar is lovely although a little expensive, £5.50 for disaronno and a ‘splash’ of Diet Coke.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The handbasin being outside the bathroom seemed odd. There was only 4 milk cartons and you need 2 in each cup. It seemed a bit mean considering the standard of the hotel.

We had an amazing sandwich when we arrived. Then we had a bakers basket for breakfast which was excellent. The room service waiters were very friendly. The room was clean and bright. The bed was comfy

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Hotel is a bit old fashioned. Restaurant staff could be more friendly and welcoming.

The bed was big an very comfortable. The location is easy to reach London, especially with a car. There is a shopping center very close to the Hotel. Breakfast was very rich and tasty.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Location is a little off. Going to central london will take about 40 minutes via overground and tube.

Beautiful property. Very peaceful. Large car park. Well maintained rooms.

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

Breakfast is average, coffee more like brown water, bathroom is not 4* level, thick carpets everywhere, smelling. Unfortunately not much choice in this area. Location is remote, not a lot of options in walking distance.

The room was ok, a bit worn tough. Take one facing the garden, bed is quite ok. The restaurant and the bar are probably the best of the entire Hotel.

• Deluxe Room

Bedroom was a little warm to sleep in even though we turned all heaters off. Was expecting a swimming pool but apparently it’s now gone.

Breakfast was amazing, expensive but excellent. Bedding was all clean and room comfortable.

• Deluxe Room

Room was for 4 people, we were 3 but it still felt very small inside the room and crowded. Also, there was no fridge in the room, toilet brush to clean the toilet after using and no free wifi in the rooms...

It was very clean and nice and the staff was incredibly polite and happy to assist us with our inquiries.

• Suite

The room was dark and dingy, needs a good clean and there is something wrong with the air con, I woke up feeling very ill. Couldn't eat my breakfast and I am still bunged up with a sore throat. Extremely disappointed.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The pillows were too soft I feel like I was sleeping on the mattress in the end as the pillows went flat! We got moved out of the restaurant when we were waiting for the bill and the lady messed up our order then blamed it on us!

The bed itself was comfy, the lady at reception was really nice

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Breakfast lovely but could of been a bit hotter

Hotel entrance lovely Staff very helpful Delicious breakfast with lovely coffee Beautiful omelettes Bedroom very comfortable and quiet apart from being next to the lift

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Empty beer bottles lined up in corridor. Dirty breakfast dishes outside our door when we arrived at about 5pm! Had to report to reception to get them cleared away an hour later. Good meal except for a burnt piece of naan bread which should never have been served, but laughed off by waitress! More training required?

Large room.

• Deluxe Room

Duvets were very thin so I found myself shivering through the night, the bed was a bit too hard and the room was cold. Ran out of some of the food during breakfast. It was busy and you could see that the staff were a bit stressed, so had to wait ages

The room size was great. The restaurant manager was lovely and very helpful

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

From my perspective,I was parked outside my room at the back. I had to keep going around to the front to walk back and then I had to come back to the front .

Didn't have croissants. Bed good. Staff lovely. I could name them all. Suffice to say you should be proud of them

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

I can’t think of anything.

We got a pleasant welcome, the rooms of which we had 4 were very comfortable and clean, and had a fab breakfast, all in all a lovely stay.

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

Sadly there was a group of children staying in the hotel and whoever was in charge had no control. The children were running up and down the corridor till very late and kept rattling and banging the interconnecting door. Hopefully my next stay in June will be more peaceful.

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

Room looks very old, dated and worn out. I was expecting a much nicer room for the money. Many better hotel options with nicer, more modern rooms for less money.

Reception, restaurant etc were nice

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

I wish you provided more teabags coffee sachets on the tray in the room. I realise you probably don’t because you would expect visitors to use your facilities I.e. coffee teas etc... at the bar. I thought four coffees costing £15 was a bit over the top. Why do you charge so much?

The bed was very comfy I liked the fact there was a sofa as well. We had a room overlooking the garden which was excellent and had the weather have been better we would have made use of the patio set. We are going to return later in the year for a few days as we were very impressed.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Breakfast was just okay, much the same as most hotel breakfasts the bacon is always fatty and left under heating lamps and becomes hard. May be a little picky but it's better you get an honest reply

Hotel was very good and service was fine

• Suite

The sound proofing in room 23 was poor I could hear the road noise all night and it prevented me from getting a good night's sleep

The breakfast service and the room facilities were fabulous

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The bed was particularly comfortable and the pillows excellent. The towels were big enough and fluffy. The selection at breakfast was superb. The staff were, without exception, friendly and helpful..

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The room are fine, but are a tad tired. Also, the selection of tv channels are a little narrow.

The service at breakfast was exceptional. On the third morning the young chap at the egg station knew exactly what I wanted and had started cooking it as soon as he saw me!

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The breakfast was fantastic, but I have to say that the restaurant staff were simply brilliant and a real credit to Marriott Hotels. The Staff on Reception were also excellent.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Kettle was leaking but was changed when we told the staff. Bathroom hand basin was leaking, and extremely hard to turn on or off.

Pleased that we were upgraded to a garden room.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Breakfast is expensive so went elsewhere. Beverages are also very expensive.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was clean and our room was spacious and comfortable.

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

I chose to have an evening meal at the hotel. The standard of the food was disappointing, particularly the soup (lacking in taste) and dessert (inedible). I will have my evening meal somewhere else on my next visit.

An excellent room with a garden view on the second floor. A good cooked breakfast with plenty of choice.

• Deluxe Room

Last time we stayed had a nice view of the gardens this time we looked at a car park but this wasn’t a problem

Nice comfortable room exelent for what we needed.

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

On arrival, the staff was so lovely and helpful. We went to celebrate my boyfriends 21st and have never visited Broxbourne before. We was very impressed. From start to finish. The check in was quick lovely and helpful as we needed a taxi for the evening to visit a lovely restaurant Mezzom (highly recommend; book over phone in advance as it is very busy!). The hotel was lovely, the interior is beautiful and photos online just doesn’t do it justice. We had the comfiest bed and it was the most loveliest stays we have ever had. Thank you! We will come back in no time!

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Heaters in the bedroom, very noisy and the rooms were very hot. Sink should be in the bathroom perhaps and bathroom requires updating.

Rooms, large bed, great breakfast and evening meal in Cast Iron restaurant.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Food cold, steak chewy and was sent back. Cold hotel. Staff not friendly at all.

The only good experience that we had was that all of the family were staying in hotel together.

• Suite

In room 23 the road noise was particularly noticeable at night.

Excellent staff who could not do enough for you and were very helpful from check in to checkout, particularly Bronte. We enjoyed a really wonderful breakfast. The very spacious room exceeded my expectations with it's facilities and quality toiletries. Will look forward to staying here again.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

We did not know how to turn the heater off but our fault found it in the morning !

Bed was so comfortable. The room was lovely and clean. Breakfast was great and had an excellent choice. Staff we're friendly and professional. Have stayed there a few times and it has always been good.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Breakfast was not quite up to the usual standard.

The staff were as friendly and helpful as we have found in other Marriott hotels. Dinner in the restaurant exceeded expectation.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Couldn't fault it apart from the lift took forever to close ..... lol!

Staff where very helpful and polite, rooms were very comfortable with everything you needed in them. Choice of food was exceptional and tasted as good as it looked.

• Suite

Was wakened early second morning at just after 7am by cleaning staff having an animated conversation outside our room. This was probably because what looked like a store cupboard was outside the room we were staying in. As a result couldn't get back to sleep.

Room was a great size,beds were comfortable,and staff great.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The road noise in my room was terrible, all windows were closed, but the noise was being amplified through the air con unit which was turned off. Very bad night sleep Bathroom was not the cleanest

• Deluxe Room

Only orange scented soaps and toiletries. Nothing without fragrance. Also all feather bedding which is strange to find in a hotel nowadays. No alternatives in the room but we’re available on request. Noisy air conditioning/heater. No free WiFi.

The free juice drink in reception was refreshing. It was quiet.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Not as nice as previous Marriott hotels that we have stayed in, rooms could do with an update. I.e. walls decorating, new carpet and refurbished furniture. Bathroom also a little basic and dated for a Marriott. Not necessarily an issue but expectations were higher. Menus in room were incorrect, prosecco priced at £5 a glass, charged £5.95. Went down to the bar and ordered a pint of Stella and a prosecco, got handed a pint of Becks and a prosecco.

Friendly welcoming reception staff, willing to assist with all queries and organised a taxi for us. Restaurant and bar area modern and clean.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The fried eggs proved to be a challenge for the kitchen as they were hard, three times. The rest of the breakfast was good and the all you can eat buffet had a lot of choice. There is a parking charge of four pounds for twenty four hours which i would have expected to be refunded for a Marriott rewards member.

The room was a good size, the bed was comfortable and a powerful & hot shower. The dinner was very nice & service was good. The parking was easy and there are shops within walking distance as well as eateries.

Nothing to fault

Always a warm welcome, and especially with Chris on reception. One hotel that I never have any anxiety about staying at, they always get it right! Great staff attitude, well kept hotel, very clean and always a pleasure to stay there.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Paying for wi-fi isn’t really acceptable and paying for parking

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Food in the restaurant was good with generous portions.

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

Breakfast in the room was amazing

It was totally hassle for you to booking in The room was very clean very comfortable had doors that when out onto the garden it was perfect

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful at all times - Christmas gift and card in the room was a lovely surprise and made me feel a valued guest and added to the festive feeling.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The additional £4.00 charge for parking, the over £80.00 for a bottle of champagne, the outdated bathroom with a bathtub the equivalent size of what you would find in the hobbits shire. The breakfast was not included in the room price and was an additional £25.00. Keep away from this place if you value your money.

The bed.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

You shouldn’t have to pay for parking at a semi rural hotel!

The staff were very accommodating and friendly. The room, although slightly dated was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was tasty and varied

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Deluxe Room

Parking Charges and the lack of a spa.

Absolutely loved the waiting staff at breakfast especially Den and Adrian. They had us laughing and were extremely professional. Thankyou guys.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Mattress was lumpy, pillows were horrid, TV had hardly any channels (that's if and when it even worked). Room was clearly booked for two, yet only enough coffee mugs, coffee/tea, mineral water etc for one person. Room heater was sooo noisy and either fried the room, or did nothing. Shower was fixed (no adjustment) in a bath with a USELESS shower curtain, that had no way whatsoever of stopping the water flooding onto the floor soaking anything and everything.

The courtyard was quite nice with Christmas lights in the trees. Sorry I really can't think of anything else to say regarding good points of this over priced substandard motel, parading as a hotel. I will never stay again.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The pillows were way too soft There weren’t enough towels as in only two bath towels and two hand towels there was none for hair The bathroom door didn’t shut properly without banging And the parking you should state on the website that it’s £4 If I had known I would of got a lift to the hotel Don’t understand why you charge for parking Not enough tea sugar and milk Net Curtis s had burn holes in them from people smoking out the doors

Soft comfy bed Nice view

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

There was a fire alarm that went off at 0430, which we were told had happened the previous week as well, that there was a malfunction with the system.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The fire alarm went off at 5.30 am and little information was available when requested from the reception. They did however provide written explanation but that was not until later in the morning.

Room was comfortable and having previously used this hotel for a birthday celebration they never fail to meet your expectations, however parking charges for residents is in extremely poor taste and in fact one of the only hotels in the area to do this.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The fire alarm went off at 5.30 am for no apparent reason. No explanation or apology was given for the rude awakening Being woken up so harshly after only 3 hours sleep is really not acceptable

The room was clean and comfortable

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

This is the 3rd time I have stayed at this hotel over last three years & eachtime I have found the breakfast service dreadful. The main buffet i.e. Bacon, sausages, tomatoes, baked beans & scrambled eggs, mushrooms only just lukewarm!. Mug of Coffee served from kitchen was only justlukewarm I had to ask for a hot coffee??..If your hotel insists on frying eggs or cooking omelettes to order then make sure the area is permanently staffed through breakfast service. Last year had to wait ages for someone to appear to cook an omelette & this year although fried eggs ordered, they had to be reminded 20 mins later for someone to come & cook them. Breakfast issues are obviously not being addressed by hotel management.

Rooms comfortable Hotel public areas clean & stylish.

• Deluxe Room

The was nothin at all to dislike. (Me personally thought the DJ was a little dull).

The staff were excellent; from the reception staff, the restaurant staff and the staff serving at the Xmas party. We were a party of 18 females at the party night (11 staying at the hotel.) We would like to thank all staff for such excellent customer service.

Nothing at all

Every member of staff was very friendly, helpful and courteous. Evening meal and breakfast were outstanding. Large clean rooms. Will definitely make a return visit.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

improved attention from breakfast staff

the breakfast was not the best scrambled egg very dry and no choice of any additional eggs, also the tea poured from a jug was luke warm and did not taste good

• Deluxe Room

it said it was a deluxe room when we booked and then when checked in he said we had been upgraded even though that's what we booked. There was 3 of us staying but one bottle of water. I thought it was unfair to charge for Wi-Fi, everywhere has free WiFi these days!! The tea coffee and sugar was enough for 2 people not 3.Also read online it had Netflix but that wasn't available eithe, also the lamps next to bed didn't work.

the receptionist was lovely a polite

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The entry/exit road is one of the exit roads at a very busy roundabout which makes driving out a little risky as you cannot see approaching traffic. Not too bad if you are turning left but hazardous if you wish to go round the roundabout. If you wish to visit London without the headache of driving there and the high cost of parking then you need to travel by train. The train station is NOT within walking distance so a taxi ride is necessary.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful from reception at check-in and check-out, to the young man on the bar and the two very new waitresses at dinner. The bedroom was very spacious and clean as was the bathroom.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Good location and plenty of parking on site. Staff were friendly and helpful. Large comfortable room and a very good breakfast with plenty of choice.,

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Only had 1 sachet of coffee each and the key card kept playing up but wouldn't stop us returning to stay again

It was close to where we were going for the evening and only took minutes to get to and from.

• Deluxe Room with Garden View

Wish there had been a pool. Also, only one tea bag was provided in the room! When we asked for more, we were only given two. Eventually we managed to get hold of more.

Huge bed, which was incredibly soft. Fantastic range of breakfast options. Really enjoyed the room service! Food was excellent.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

Bathroom concept is weird. Bath tub and toilet in the bathroom, sink and mirror in the room. Sink far too low for average person. Wardrobe didn't open. No space to put suitcases in the room. They use scents everywhere in the hotel. It stinks of fake scents. Reception is the worst. Breakfast is not worth 10,5 £. Staff is not trained well.

Beds were comfy and spacious.

N/A.

Excellent double room, with all requirements provided. Very pleasant view of the garden. There was a function taking place, but no noise disturbance, which was really appreciated. A good breakfast was provided, with plenty of variety. Another enjoyable stay!

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The only issue is that there is the required bar tariff displayed but the prices actually charged were around 10% higher. The bar attendant seemed to think that was amusing.

• Deluxe Room/One King Bed

The advertised pool facilities was not there and was woken at 3am by the next room arguing. Walls too thin!

The bed was so comfortable, the staff friendly and the breakfast was lovely