Reviews of The Terrace Lodge Hotel

13-16 South Western Terrace, Yeovil, BA20 1NB, United Kingdom

#5 of 7 hotels in Yeovil

Facilities, en suit in very poor condition. Shower head holder was broken and toilet water would not auto load in cistern because of obvious numerous botched repairs to floatation system.

Staff

Not impressed being woke up at 2am with people banging on our door! General loudness in the hotel and outside our window with drunken people screaming until 4.30am in the morning until police arrived!On check out had to wait as the receptionist was dealing with the police about the night and damaged caused by people.Great stay!! NOT.

Tiny room which the bed was right next to the toilet door (about 30cm), only given one towel even though the room was for 2 people, no fan/air con available.

It was clean and good location near shops

The email confirmed breakfast but we were told they no longer do it because they only took over in February. No hand towels, we had to buy our own!!

Bit of confusion with the prepayment, as booking.com told us we didn't need to pay until our arrival, but the hotel attempted to take payment the evening before

Great central location

Stayed two nights as a base for working in the area. Clean and tidy room, comfy bed, big towel. Hotel is priced very reasonable for what it is, will stay again when working in area. All day parking facilities on Earle street car park £4.00 for day-8am/6pm, free all night. Breakfast from 8am at Wetherspoon across the road. PERFECT 😀👍

The property is not four star but is clean and good value for money for an overnight stay .Although they do not do breakfast ,Wetherspoon is only 100 yards away.

The hallways were quite grubby and smelly, paintwork on the furniture had come off, shower was quite weak and there was only 1 towel (for 2 people).

The room was fine for the cost and very close to the town centre.

No car Parking on site no breakfast however we were given orange juice and Alpen cereal bars. The bed was very small and extremely soft. no lounge to sit in.

The attitude of the check in/out staff. The location is very good with restaurants close by, easy to find

We was unaware until arrival you need a £10 key deposit which has to be paid in cash, you get it back when you leave however we had no cash on us and the closest cash machine is in the centre however the staff let us in our room to put our belongings in why we walked up to the cash machine

Friendly helpful staff Clean and comfortable

Room was advertised as ground floor but ours was on second. There is no parking (although it is advertised on the site) however they did let me park up to unpack with my son but I had to move my car fairly quickly as the restaurant next door also use it. Car park opposite is free on weekends but not clearly signposted, however it was fine. Checkout, there was no-one there so I just dropped my key off and hoped for the best! Another tiny little thing, the emergency lighting in my room was soooo bright, great if the power fails, however it made me and my 2 year old struggle to get and stay asleep!

Easy to find, front and back entrance, helpful staff, quiet considering it was close to the road. Local restaurants opposite include pizza hut and Frankie and Benny's, cineworld also nearby.

• Classic Family Room

Lighting was rubbish! Room was a bit small, and very warm! Had to ask for a hairdryer, but problem was rectified very quickly and with ease by a young lady on reception.

Bed was comfy, location was good, staff were great!

We only had 1 towel in the room but the guys in reception gave us another one when we asked.

Great size room for the price. £42 for a Sunday night. You are also in a perfect position for eating out & there’s lots of things to do nearby such as cinema & bowling across the street.

• Small Double Room

when we booked the accomodation it stated that breakfast was included in the price when we arrived at the terrace lodge we were told they did not do breakfast because they had no kitchen, so why advertise breakfast included.

we have decided not to use booking.com any more we will have to try another.

Room was a little (physically) small but still very good value. In a slightly rough area.

Great value for money option if looking for a short stay. Bath / Shower was also a nice surprise. Pizza Hut directly next door.

• Small Double Room

There was free WiFi but it didn’t reach my room..........Other than that - I was happy with the hotel.

Perfectly nice room with friendly staff - especially considering the cost and location......for a business trip I was very happy..........lots of places to eat nearby.....

For a cheep, town centre, small hotel there was nothing to dislike. This is a good centre from which to explore this part of Somerset.

Friendly staff, convenient location for our purpose, overall clean and comfortable.

• Small Double Room

Could be slightly noisy but it is in the centre of a town. The room was small but I was travelling on business, alone.

I stayed for 3 days, the staff were friendly and helpful. Very clean. Great TV and free internet access in the room. The location is fantastic, close to all amenities. Car park within a hundred yards, £4 a day.

The room was very small, the staff were rude, they knocked on the door at 11am after our first nights stay and said it was time to check out when we'd booked for 2 nights.. as soon as we got to the hotel the police were present not sure why and we were abruptly told that we were not allowed any guests in the hotel. There is no parking at the hotel, you have to pay to park in a public car park near by. There was blood on the bottom sheet of the bed so we had to ask for a new sheet and there was only 1 towel in the room for 2 guests.

Room was very small and overlooked a roof. Bathroom although it had everything needed, the cleanliness of the toilet was not up to scratch.

Central to local bus station and eating places

No restaurant on site [but plenty in the immediate surroundings], and no lift.

It did what it said on the tin: can't ask for more! Friendly and helpful staff ...

• Small Double Room

We booked and paid for bed and breakfast only to arrive and be told they no longer provided breakfast. If we had known this we would have cancelled and booked elsewhere.

• Small Double Room

Breakfast was not included,Said it was on booking.com.but when we asked at the hotel,they said it wasn't due to New management

The location was perfect,central to YEOVIl

Room wasn't clean, bathroom and shower mouldy. Heating not on and very cold. Needs thicker curtains, bright street light shining in all night

Stayed here many times and normally ok, convient location and cheap

Room was small and the breakfast was just some pastries on the counter at reception.

Very small room, my friend got a bigger room with a bigger bed for the same price as I paid.

Misunderstanding and confusion over the breakfast

On the booking form it clearly stated a breakfast was included, we asked on arrival and was given a clear understanding it was a 'packaged' breakfast, juice/breakfast bar etc. We asked at reception on our departure to be informed that there was no breakfast!

• Classic Family Room

Mouldy showers, broken toilet seat, broken fire exit slamming throughout the night and a heap of carpet outside my room soaking wet

I've stayed here twice and had 2 completely diverting experiences, the second will be my last

The receptionist called me and sent me a text message on my personal mobile after 10PM which I felt was a huge invasion of privacy and incredibly inconsiderate. Despite breakfast being included in the package, I was told in the morning that there was no breakfast. Bathroom lock didn't work, although not an issue for a single room.

Very cheap room at only £45 which was relatively clean. Check-in was fast and easy. Really good location with many restaurants and takeaways nearby. Receptionist was friendly and helpful, gave directions and offered to order me a taxi, however... (see cons)

• Small Double Room

Could have said that the parking was not on site. Continental breakfast in a bag to eat in room or take away, however could nothing supplied to spread butter or jam on the mini croissant. Bathroom unheated, no window and extraction fan did not work. The window in the bedroom could not be fastened, as the latch was broken.

comfortable bed, Tv was good size of room, good tea and coffee tray, not to much noise, Good location.

Free wifi an absolute shambles. I work from my room and booked this place because of the good reviews for wifi. In fairness I did connect to both the free wifi network and the secured one. Neither of them had internet access! I have my phone set-up as a hotspot but that is not the point. I want to use the internet and access my emails. I gave up and went to possibly the most uncomfortabe single bed I have ever encountered with 2 pillows that were so soft it was like they weren't there. Never again I am afraid.

Nice location. Adequate room. Clean and tidy. If I was jsut staying for one night for work, which I was, it was OK and cheap. Nice staff, who wrote down what I said and assured me it woukd be passed on.

It would of been nice to have a breakfast room rather the be given a bag with breakfast in it to take back to the room but suited me but not for a family

The location friendly staff Good heating hotel quiet

Thoroughly enjoyed some much needed R&R. Attractive female on Reception gave us unrivalled service and I can't wait to visit again. To add to this the 'POWER' shower is a sight to behold!

Free WiFi too weak a signal in my room, no where else to sit to use. No breakfast, no breakfast room. Apparently the complimentary breakfast of croissants and orange juice was not ordered or coming. No compensation offered

Clean nicely fitted little single room. Lovely bath, TV. Tea n coffee.

Check in experience was poor, sent to an occupied room with another customer items. The phrase Breakfast included is misleading, it should be complimentary breakfast because the only items were croissant and juice throughout my stay

Closeness to the city centre

WiFi access could have been better but that's ok!

Great location, couldn't have been handier. All the staff were lovely and super helpful. Bed was nice and comfy!

• Small Double Room

1. It was an extremely cold night and yet the duvet was very thin. When I tried to ask for an extra blanket, there were no staff to assist despite notices saying that the desk wax manned at all times. I tried from 8.30 to 9.30pm, then left a note on the computer, but no one ever responded. The next morning the new receptionist knew nothing about her colleagues absence, and the note had been removed. 2. There was black mould under the silicone sealant around the bath. 3. The bathroom was so small that it was impossible to turn on the shower without standing in the tub first as the glass spash guard couldn't be opened outwards. There were no hooks for your clothes so it was difficult to keep your clothes dry as the guard didn't prevent splash onto the floor or toilet. 4. We were put into room 100...which we were told the next morning is usually only used if all other rooms are full...which they weren't. This room was next door to reception, across the hall from the staff room. At ground level, it looked out onto the street at a busy through road...with the window at driver height. Zero privacy and very noisy. The window needs to be triple glazed, and should ideally be frosted. This place is an absolute dump. While one of the cheaper places we stayed at, it was the same price as the very well appointed Ibis we stayed at in Edinburgh...and this was in YOEVIL for goodness sake.

Nothing. This hotel was, without exception, the worst place I have ever stayed.

Reasonably priced hotel in the centre of Yeovil, stopped here on business many times, staff always helpful, rooms clean, have never found anything wrong and always stay here when in Yeovil.

complimentary breakfast was advertised as that is why I booked the hotel however none was available and the excuse was that the company who they was using went into trouble. I would not of booked the hotel as we wanted breakfast and would of been happy to pay more elsewhere. To rub insult into the cut the management never informed anyone that there was no breakfast and they new about this on the Friday and never bothered to put anything in place. utterwise I would of pick a different hotel with breakfast. I sent them email and no reply so I phoned up again poor management as they didn’t have the decency to email me or ring to explain the situation.

The location is spot on.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

My room was quite small

A very friendly, comfortable Hotel in an ideal location offering value for money. My room was quite small, but that's my only quibble. Wouldn't hesitate to book here again

• Small Double Room

Tiny room, no space in the bathroom to even dry yourself off a bit. There was annoying bright flashing light for an alarm or something which make it a struggle to sleep. Curtain didn’t block much light either

Supplied with good refreshments. Good location for food and drinks

Breakfast. Slightly disappointed that paid for a breakfast that consisted of a prepackaged croissant or/and a cereal bar.

The receptionist was brilliant at customer service. Helpful, friendly and cheerful.

The advertised breakfast was non existent. There was no easy way to have a shower as the hodear for the shower head was broken. The room was cold,heating did not seem to be on, the space heater kept switching off before the room was warm. The bed was two singles pushed together and they moved apart.

It was close the the town centre..

What croissants?? We asked where the breakfast would be served the night before and was told it was a continental breakfast. The next morning they had run out so we had to find breakfast somewhere else. We booked for two nights but due to the following stayed only one and I want a refund. Room 101 don't go near the bed it is so old it folds in the middle. Don't try to have a shower as there is no fixing to fit the shower on. The room was freezing.

Got to hotel around 5.30 pm on a very cold day when we entered our room suprised to find HEATING turned off and room was freezing

Staff very courteous and hotel very central to town centre

• Classic Family Room

Wasn't over impressed with the breakfast. Maybe if we had known what type of breakfast to expect. We opted to go elsewhere.

Beds were really comfy. The room met our needs and was good value for money

Staff attitude Toilet is dirty Tv not working And the most shocking that I booked the hotel with breakfast, but in the morning the staff told me there isn't any breakfast to offer and she mentioned to find somewhere else to have breakfast and pay for it myself. And finally there no parking for the hotel

Nothing all is good

Clean, good price, easy access to food places parking is free 100metres away after 6pm till 9am, 4th time staying here will definitely be staying again.

1st night noisy drunken domestic next door between 2am - 4am. Complained and went out for walk. Car park bet 1/4 - 1/2 mile away in council facilities.

Everything was good with plentiful breakfast. Entertainment provided by hotel in the evenings if you so required it.

Stairs maybe an issue for some as I do not recall a lift. Maybe some ground floor rooms. Check with hotel.

Plenty of good eating places nearby. Near to bus station, train station a 10 minute walk. Nice walks handy. Some rooms have a bath so I had a nice soak.

TV didn't work - signal bad and no milk for tea/ coffee. Shower mixer taps annoying. was up early so didn't have to fight the other guests for warm water.

• Classic Family Room

Strange thing to say but the carpets and bathroom floor were so soft and comfortable! Room was lovely, comfortable, spacious and very clean. Also had plug sockets in all the right places! Beautiful character building too and so close to the amenities. Will now also be using for business stops as well as leisure!

I arrived at reception for my stay at a little after midnight... we didn't get to our room until almost 3am. At this point we simply slept and then woke up and departed. I later noticed a charge of £50 took from my bank. I contacted the hotel and was given an email address for the area manager and told they weren't allowed to give out a phone number but he was very responsive to his emails. A week later I get a reply to say I was charged as there was water damage found in room I had stayed (we never so much as entered the bathroom). I advised that maybe his cleaner had somehow caused the leak and blamed the previous occupant (us). So far nothing coming forward from the hotel. Avoid like the plague

• Classic Family Room

Our 2nd room had a squatter in there that had been in the room for 3 days! We didnt find out until we returned from a night out and police had to be called. The hotel still charged for both rooms even though 4 of us had to share a room and 2 slept on the floor. They will not respond to our complaints or offer a refund and the only way to get a refund is from the owner who lives in Spain.

Nothing, there was a guy on drugs that checked us in that didnt even work for the hotel.

• Small Double Room

The room was quite cramped and the grouting in the bathroom had a lot of soap scum mould on it

Convenient location, friendly and helpful staff, comfy bed and excellent tea tray facilities

• Classic Family Room

Our room backed on to the back doors of a resturant so was constant slamming of door and bins till early morning

Lots of tea and coffee provided which made a change and was a rather spacious room

My partner and I had a one night stay here over a weekend, this was our 2nd hotel stop and I can honestly say we we're so pleased to be greated with a friendly welcome and a decent room. It was very spacious, had a lovely layout, I was worried when we first arrived as the room is right at the front of the hotel but thankfully the double glazed windows do indeed block out quite alot of street and traffic noise. There was a tray of condiments set out at the desk all clean and tidy. The bedding was clean and the bed a very comfortable and decent size, my partner and I are both 6ft+. The bathroom was lovely, clean and fresh, the shower was amazing! The bath was lovely to relax in too, my only problem was that I actually didn't fit in it because of my height lol. There's loads of restaurants within walking distance, the carpark is opposite the hotel next to a Frankie and Benny's -win!- Overall we really enjoyed and appreciated our stay here and will definitely stay again.

Bed sheets were dirty, and had several stains on them. Random male entered the hotel room at 0130 in the morning, with access though a key card. Male apologised and sharply left with no explanation as to why he was entering the room. Upon reporting to the hotel, the receptionist simply said ‘Oh yes, we know who that is, we’re having persistent problems with this, sorry for any inconvenience caused’. This was simply not good enough, with no real explanation of who the male was, or what he was doing! This was not acceptable, and the hotels response was not good enough. We would NOT stay here again, or recommend to a friend! The male could of been entering for any number of reasons, including possibly to steal our property.

Located close to restaurants and entertainment venues.

Bed wasn’t very comfortable & had a dripping tap in bathroom. Also someone was giving wrong key card & entered our room in the morning...staff were apologetic

Staff were really nice Close to all restaurants

Noise from street (opposite Pizza Hut) and traffic all night plus corridor noise as doors not too well fitting.

Good size room, clean and everything worked.

• Small Double Room

Disappointing - photos not fair representation of room size or amenities. Bathroom: provided with one shower gel during 3 night stay.

Easy walk into centre of town.

We arrived and checked in to find the room being used. The bed was stained and dirty thst was the top of the cover we didn't venture any further and strangly the kettle was boiling as we entered the room. On reporting this to the night porter, he called the manager James, who came and explained how some man regularly breaks into that room. They were unable to give us another room as they were full. Firstly why not change the lock. Secondly no one had checked the room was ready for an arrival. Thirdly they couldn't even refund us immediately as it was through booking.com. Fourthly we had to find alternative accommodation at 11pm. Fifthly the staff need to smarten up! Very dissappointed and I will not stay or make a booking at this hotel ever again. On a plus they did refund the cost, in the morning when. I returned, but couldnt refund the parking. Very poor.

Wifi was terrible. Didn't work most of my stay. Couldn't even connect to it. Seems like wifi is an issue in upper floors as when I was moved downstairs it worked on my last night.

Good location. Friendly staff

Access to the reception was up a short flight of steps, and I had indicated that I used a four wheel walker. There was access via a side entrance, and it would have been helpful to have known this in advance.

A very good inexpensive place to stay without meals.

Loo roll holder was almost inaccessible - possibly better to leave toilet paper on top of the cistern? It wasn't immediately obvious how to open the window (thought we needed a key!)

Bath was relatively easy to get in/out (important as we both have osteoarthritis) Bath towels quite good size too. Bed was comfy. Room was a good size.

Nothing all is good.

Nice and easy access parking free from 6pm to 9am, lots of food choice around the hotel, second time staying here will definitely stay again

• Small Double Room

My children's room has soaking wet towels and empty beer cans in one corner. I didn't notice this until the following morning otherwise I would have asked staff for another room. Staff were very apologetic and said they would have changed their room I'd they had known.

Staff were very helpful and friendly

The hotel is located in the city center, very noisy and uncomfortable. Our room was small with one window, the temperature was too hot and we struggle to sleep. No car park and the room wasn't very clean.

Poor location, no breakfast, very basic facilities, cheap furnishings, no parking at hotel. Very disappointing all round d and would not stay there again.

The bed was comfortable

• Small Double Room

The wifi was intermittent, there were no dining facilities, there for 5 pubic hairs in the bath on arrival and the bed springs were digging into me

The reception staff

The shower was feeble, hot but no pressure and I would habve liked to have been able to have my breakfast in the hotel.

The receptioniswt was very friendly and helpful the room was clean and quiet.

• Small Double Room

Room was very small, although, to be fair, it WAS advertised as "small double" but perhaps it should either be described as tiny double or be converted into a single room

Friendly staff and clean accommodation. Central location.

All great!

First was worried about parking- only pay and display! EASY, parking was FREE from 6pm-9am so only paid £1.20 before and same from 9-11am-even the car park attendant took my money for the next day and bought the ticket!!! SAME with breakfast- nuffield gym was over the road and had porridge etc, then egg/beans etc on toast + tea/ coffee for ONLY £6 and OPENS at 6.30am. Accomodation was great we had corner room, well decorated, clean and tidy. Thanks to receptionists for all their help-great. town and shops were only yards away!

The bed was uncomfortable. No car park. People from the neighbour restaurant were Smoking under our window and talking for long time.

The room attendant was very good. And kept our room clean and tidy. Receptionist was nice too.

Only issue was our room was on the ground floor with vey large windows facing out on to Main Street. With no net curtains, unless you had the main curtains shut all the time, everyone on the street could look in!

Booked last minuet on bank holiday weekend. Just needed a 1 night stay. It's a low cost hotel and met our needs.