Reviews of The City Warehouse Aparthotel 4 stars

6 - 14 Great Ancoats Street, Manchester City Centre, Manchester, M4 5AZ, United Kingdom

#13 of 112 Holiday rentals in Manchester

Based on 2082 hotel reviews

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

For the money, maybe a few more bathroom products would have been appreciated...

Staff were the most helpful I think I have ever encountered. They went out of their way to provide information and meet our needs. Very central for arena concerts.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The sink in the bathroom was broken. The hairdryer was also broken. The sofas in the lounge had holes in them. I felt the apartment was overpriced for the quality

The bed was very comfortable

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

The uncomfortable sofa bed, my poor back :(

Lovely place, apartment was so clean and homely. Had everything that we needed. Staff were extremely helpful.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Although clean, the apartment did look like it was starting to date. Some of the skirting boards were loose and the bath had a tiny hole in it. A previous guest had also been sick out of the window and this had not been cleaned adequately as you could still make out the residue on the window.

The 2 x double bed apartment was large and had everything that you could possibly need. Much better value than a standard hotel room price

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

Traffic was a bit noisy but I don't think they are able to do anything about that

They were able to accommodate us at short notice when another property let us down on the day. The man at the door was very friendly and welcoming when we arrived. It was a short visit but, we all agreed we would go back there if we needed to travel to Manchester as a big group again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment gave me everything I wanted and had all the extras that so many apartments often miss out on. Simple things like tea towels and washing up liquid, milk in the fridge, etc. The staff were friendly and helpful, too. Not my first stay and I will stay again. great value for money

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse with Sofa Bed

The sofas are a bit worn out. Under the sofa is really dirty. I think the cleaners really need to do a better job of cleaning it up. The pull out of the sofas were not in one piece. We were afraid that it would break. Some of the table mats were already dirt and stained on arrival as well.

Location is amazing, easy to get to city centre, nice view. Staff were more than helpful and helped out a lot. Balcony with chairs to chill and look at the sky and check out the town. Shops near by to buy for the apartment to cook in.

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse with 2 Sofa Beds

The facilities were old, shabby & shocking. Sofa had holes and parts held together with duct tape. Holes in sheets. Supposed to sleep 8 and 4 people had to sleep on a LEATHER SOFA, couldn't even call it a sofa bed. Plus is was BROKEN! All in all bitterly bitterly disappointed as I booked this for a friends 40th birthday 8 grown women all paid the same and 4 didn't have a bed!

The location wasn't bad. And the staff were nice enough.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

No cafetiere! It is situated on a main ring road, so guests should be aware that unless you have a room at the back there is traffic noise

The staff were super friendly and very helpful. Accommodation felt very secure. Very clean, good shower and plenty of clean fresh towels.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

Only downside was the sofa bed was quite uncomfortable for two of the guest.

Great Location with very friendly and helpful staff. The apartment was clean with fresh towels and linen.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

I thought the price was a little bit steep but it was a Saturday night and we were a big group.

The apartments we had booked were very spacious and incredibly clean. I was really impressed with everything to be honest and would definitely stay again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

Dirty, bed and sofa bed VERY hard, shower head broken, toilet seat broken, kitchen floor ripped etc etc At £250 per night, it’s daylight robbery!

Location and staff, wonderful

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Parking is a pain now they’ve closed Spear Street. We backed onto the back of the Frog & Bucket and they were cleaning bins out at 5am!!

Easy to find. Lovely and clean. Comfy bed

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The lounge furniture is not that comfy - wipe clean narrow PVC sofa beds without proper cushions... so the lounge area was a little uncomfortable in our apartment.

The check in and front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The sofa beds and the sofas were abit uncomfy,the tv was a little small and the fan didn't work so had to leave the balcony door open to keep cool air in.which meant alot of noise from the main road

I liked that it was very clean and the it was very cosy.the bed was a decent size but could've been a little bigger,overall stay was good and very happy with the reception and service

Dont really have any negatives...was abit too warm in the apartment even with the radiators off but they provided fans.

The apartment was lovely, everything you needed, was clean and tidy. Location was perfect for what we wanted. Staff are very friendly and they even upgraded both of our apartments on arrival.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The quality of the apartment was not as good as the service. Part of the carpet was frayed and the metal that separates the rooms on the floor was uncomfortable as the screws stuck up. The texture of the carpet and sofa wasn't too nice either.

The staff were super friendly and the location was good. I liked the size of the kitchen and living room.

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse with 2 Sofa Beds

The size of the penthouse apartment was brilliant for hosting a hen party and loved the balcony area . Special thanks to Michael who made our stay as welcoming as possible !

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Sofa wasn’t great to lay on, one of the dining mats had a stain on it but wasn’t sure what it was. Think it may from been from who was in previously but the cleaners should really make sure everything is crisp for the guest.

Beds were very comfortable and nice space, great view and space on the balcony. We got upgraded to the penthouse apartments on the top floor for free as well!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

Perfect for a nights stay in the city! The staff were extremely helpful and the service was just great! So clean and comfortable will be definitely returning! Perfect location and great value ... thanks!

Not spacious enough. Tv didn’t work Fan didn’t work Didn’t find it comfortable

Didn’t enjoy it. Was not spacious as I thought half the stuff in the room did not work. Would not recommend to anyone

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The sofas were hard and uncomfortable, the tv kept blinking like it was broken after 5 minutes it went back to normal but other than that it was good.

Loved the apartment and loved the location.

Booked the apartments for my sisters hen party. We arrived at the apartment slightly earlier than expected and we were allowed to check in to one of our apartments early which allowed us to leave bags which was a great help. Staff were very friendly and accommodating and we also got upgraded to the penthouse which was beautiful and ideal for the plans we had for the hen party. would definitely recommend the apartments. One thing I will state if booking through booking.com the way the property guidelines are worded makes it sound like there is no deposit required however you do have to pay a cover deposit per room just to make you all aware. Beautiful apartments.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

The sofa beds were quite small and uncomfortable. The property could have been cleaner.

The location was good and the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

Couple of little little features of the apartment are ready for replacement but nothing that spoilt our stay.

Great apartment with really helpful and friendly staff manning the front desk. Brilliant location if your looking to explore the northern quarter.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The only thing I would change about the stay was the toaster it wasn't the best of conditions

Everything was enjoyable and comfy. Definatly a hotel to recommend for family stays

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I didn’t like the fact they have hidden cost and when we had confirmation that we could check in early when we arrived our room wasn’t done!

They upgraded us for free to penthouse, and was very spacious.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Very uncomfortable sofas. Lots of street noise at night. No plug for kitchen sink so difficult to wash dishes. Washing machine but no dryer or facility to dry clothes if required. Whole place appeared run down and required redecoration.

The location of the property

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Only very slight issue was the sofa-beds didn't lock upright properly so sitting was a very laid back affair : ) Not an issue for us as we went out but worth mentioning. Thanks

Everything was great

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Location is perfect, right in the city centre. Staff are lovely, chatty and super helpful. Apartment was huge, comfy and spacious! Great value for money. Would 100% stay again and recommend to anyone

Outward appearance

We did'nt need or use half the facilities as we only needed a sleep over, I think I left my reading glass's in the room and asked the hotel if they could let me know if they were handed in but sad to say they have NOT responded

• One-Bedroom Apartment

My stay at The City Warehouse was perfect - The staff were soo friendly and helpful. I got upgraded to a penthouse room and it was amazing. Check in was informative and check out was quick and easy. I travel up from London every 1-2 weeks and this will now be my home from home. 100% recommend

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The settees and bed were rather hard.

Good location, wonderful welcome and helpfulness from the gentleman who let us in, the apartment was very clean, well stocked with a good bathroom. It was also very nice and warm.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Just a small issue with hot water, struggles to get it, then when we got it it didn’t stay hot for very long

The scouse security made me and my friend feel so comfortable when we came back after 11. Made the experience so much more enjoyable! Very lovely, friendly person.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Honestly the only downside is no tea and coffee facilities in the room.

From the fast efficient check in, to the cleanliness of the room and welcoming staff my stay was first class. I have stayed before for 2 days in November and the lady on reception recognised me and said welcome back. Wonderful service. Xx

• One-Bedroom Apartment

There was a guard on the door at night, he was not very friendly and harassed my son. he mentioned he wished he could kick him out, not very friendly and very threatening to guests.

Location was good and the check in experience was smooth and friendly.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

everything was great there was nothing to complain about

Very friendly staff, great spacious apartment in a fab location. Warm welcome from Sonny on arrival and was very helpful and accommodating. Apartment was well equipped and very clean. Walking distance from central Manchester.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

The scouse security guard was intimidating & started calling my group i stayed with ‘gangsters’ very unprofessional

Nice location and property layout

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

The room for 1 night was 350. For me that is expensive. However I got this for 180 due to issues with a previous booking (not this property I'm writing the review for) so I wouldn't have paid 350 for it. However would fit 10 people in so if u look at it that way. There was only 3 of us so...

Brilliant location for our hen night in macheater. About a 5 min walk to the arndale/birdcage/printworks Apartment was brilliant. Booked a 1 bed but got upgraded for free to a 2 bed.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Bed was very comfortable Kitchen and bathroom both very good Plenty of room in lounge area With more than adequate heaters, it was easy to keep warm Very helpful staff

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Spacious and met all our needs. Was nicer than a hotel as felt more like home and able to work into the evening. The staff were also really friendly.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The bathroom smelt like someone had been smoking in it which wasn't great, the smell seemed to be ingrained within the bathroom as it was otherwise very clean. I pointed it out when I left and was told it would be looked into.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

Would have liked some more milk for tea in the fridge (and maybe an ice tray?)

We were stranded by the M62 being closed by snow and booked in at the last minute. We had two tired and hyperactive children with us but the staff member at reception was understanding, sympathetic and helpful. The apartment was much larger than I was expecting and well kitted out, and clean and fresh. The kids were thrilled by how 'fancy' it was :-D We had dinner at the nearby Brazilian restaurant which was very accommodating and breakfast at the excellent 'General Store' on the next corner. Fantastic coffee and fresh pastries. All in all a good stay, and in the circumstances really appreciated. Thanks

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse with Sofa Bed

Pillows were hard....a selection should be available. A few hollowfibre and a few feather in each room.

Loved the 2 bed penthouse so big and spacious.

Freezer needed defrosted.

Four very happy OAPs who had to find somewhere to stay after being diverted from Glasgow Airport. Was very handy for the train station had the trains been running and staff were very helpful and welcoming after a stressful journey.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Issues with the warm water for hours and hours. The problem did not get solved even after putting the issue across to the building manager unfortunately.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Constant noise from air conditioning unit behind the Comedy Store next door meant that our sleep was disturbed. Various items needed mending eg toilet roll holder, freezer desperately needed defrosting - overall shabby impression.

Staff excellent. Friendly and helpful. Good position for our purposes. Very convenient car parking behind the apartments for £20 for 24 hours.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Great location for the Northern Quarter and all it has to offer. Comfortable apartment with good staff running the set up. Friendly night staff, good chat on the way back in. We had a quiet room which was just great for us.

We booked three apartments for seven adults. The apartments were perfect for everyone. We could easily walk to cafes or restaurants and popped to the supermarket for supplies and were able to cook a big 'family dinner' together. Rooms were all clean and had everything we needed. Staff were polite and helpful. Location suited everything we wanted to see in Manchester. Highly recommend.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Parking facilities - need to be much clearer on booking instructions.

Excellent accommodation. Facilities spot on. We were even upgraded - which was a bonus!!!! Loved the apartment - very spacious. Only downfall was the parking......this was a nightmare - but once there it was well worth the driving around!!! Staff excellent!!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

The furniture was really really worn out, the carpet was really bad condition, the whole apartment smelt, the towels smelt, so bad my daughter wiped her face with the towel and my daughters face smelt badly, this place is not worth the money i paid for it, i would not recommend any one to stay here PLEASE DO NOT BOOK

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We booked the same day as we arrived so we got a two bedroom appartment for a very fair price! We went to a Brazilian restaurant nearby and had a wonderful foodexperience!!:)

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

apart from not knowing there's a 100 pound security thing. If I was on my own I wouldn't have been able to stay

The beds were comfy, everything was good overall.

Nothing at all.

Absolutely amazing place, really clean and has all the facilities needed to cater to your needs. Was really good and would recommend to anyone. Cheaper than getting a hotel room with all the luxuries. Would definitely come again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Amazing stay at the city warehouse aparthotel. Staff were so friendly and helpful, even got upgraded to the penthouse suite free of charge! Great location and the place is spotless. Couldn’t fault it. Would definitely recommend and happily stay again :)

• One-Bedroom Apartment

There was a broken sofa in my room and also the location is in the middle of the main road with no accommodation parking.

The staff were very friendly and lovely to communicate with, made us feel welcome and was also able to get along with. The place was clean and tidy and comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

There were obvious signs of wear and tear and I think that some repairs should be carried out, ie: the broken bath panel. The sofas were not the most comfortable but for one night does that really matter!

The apartment was a lovely size and well laid out, would definitely consider staying again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

Only bad thing i can think of was there was no scissors in the apartment but tbf that doesnt deserve a bad reveiw at all it was just little inconvenient at the time but soon sorted it im sure if i had of asked reception they would of happily provided some

Very clean spaciaous brilliant location staff were very helpful and welcoming beds were comfy loved the fold out sofa beds. We only had for 1 night but it would be the perfect base to stay for longer as had everything you needed

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse with Sofa Bed

Once again we loved our stay. We actually took advantage of the apartment this time and cooked a full Sunday dinner before heading out. Home from home!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

This is not a 10 minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly. I am not impressed as I booked this for my husband who was on a very long journey from Redcar to North Wales. My husband had to get a taxi to the apartment hotel which was in the Northern part of Manchester - taxi cost £8.00. Then the hotel took a £200 deposit from my husband even though I had booked on booking.com and thought I had prepaid for the hotel.

Over all the hotel is great just location was poor. He did say this was a full flat with anything you would ever want for day to day life, so for business travel it would be ideal.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

I was very happy with my stay at the City Aparthotel - it was a great location and it was affordable - we had a great deal. Thanks will recommend it to my family and friends.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

Couldn't have been any better.

Fantastic apartment with all the home comforts you could want. We got a free upgrade and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Will definitely visit again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

Would have benefitted from milk in the room

We had booked a 1 bedroom appt. On arrival was given a free upgrade to a 2 bed penthouse which for the money was amazing

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

One of the bedrooms was very small there was barely space to put the luggages in the room.

The location of the apartment is very central. There are alot of restaurants close to the apartment and it is only 10 mins walk from piccadilly. The apartment was very comfortable and had all the facilities required and was of good size (except from one of the bedrooms). Staff was very helpful.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

Beds uncomfortable, sofa beds weren’t ‘beds’ just a sofa laid down so very small as only 2 seated sofas. Also very uncomfortable. On a busy main road so hard to sleep through.

Clean and tidy

They charge you for a deposit when you arrive. I wasn’t made aware of this and it could have been problematic had I not had an extra £400 with me. Please advise customers of this when they make their booking or before arrival so they are prepared.

It was lovely and spacious, very well equipped and the staff were kind and helpful. The location is perfect and I did everything I needed to do by foot.

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse with Sofa Bed

The only downfall was the misleading email from booking.com. Upon booking, I received an email from booking.com asking me to provide arrival time which was supposed to be forwarded to the residence. Unfortunately, when we arrived, at said time in my email, the staff had no knowledge of this. We were unable to check in until 3pm. The staff were very nice in fairness, so it didn't take away from our experience. Just felt it was misleading from booking.com, not the accommodation.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

No car park although there is a pay and display car park about 5 minute walk. £10 for 24 hours which isn't bad

Excellent property on the edge of the city centre. 10 minute walk to the ,ain pubs and restaurants

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse with Sofa Bed

The rooms were spacious and the sofa bed was huge and very comfy. There was space for everything, hving a kitchen area and two bathrooms was great. The huge window in our room added a lot of character. I would definitely stay again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Honestly loved it! Such a shame I only stayed for a day but will definetly book again in the new year!! Very clean apartment and great view especially in the night! Commuteable area, and 10 min drive from Piccadilly Station! Definetly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed!!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The security deposit that after 2 weeks has still not been refunded. Noisy occupants in other rooms - this walls. Uncomfortable bed, constant dripping noise at window.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't dislike anything about the property at all.

Modern apartment that had everything I needed. Location was brilliant. Everything was clean and tidy. Was a very spacious apartment. Felt at home in the apartment. It's a brilliant love to stay for one night it even a long weekend.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Was not aware of £50 ontop at the property that you received back days after leaving the property, was not a problem but would have been more convenient to know

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse with 2 Sofa Beds

We found a used condom in one of the bedrooms. The sofabeds were not comfortable at all - I ended up sleeping on the floor. Terrible customer service when we complained and an insufficient refund.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Sofa Bed

The sofa beds were not the comfiest and the toilet flush was poor so needed some attention. Minor issues that easily resolvable.

Thought the apartment was good in a ideal location. Easy walking distance to shops, bars and restaurants. Would recommend to others and use again without a doubt! :)

Browse The City Warehouse Aparthotel traveller photo gallery