Reviews of The Claremont Preston 3 stars

Blackpool Road, Preston, PR2 1HY, United Kingdom

#2 of 5 B&Bs and Inns in Preston

Based on 793 B&B reviews

The shower was a tad small and there was some touching up that cod be done on paintwork but overall good value for money hotel.

Very friendly staff, great sized room and solid breakfast.

Do not book this From the photos on booking.com. The whole place is dirty and very smelly. It desperately needs updating. Has been very poorly decorated and requires professional refurbishment. The carpets saw better days years ago. Lots of mold in bathroom area. My main concern was the cleanliness of the rooms. One the cups for the tea and coffee hadn’t even been washed from previous guest

Hosts were nice

The staff could not do enough to ensure your stay was excellent. The room was first class very clean and comfortable. I had a breakdown with my car which had to be towed to a garage. Even though I had checked out the owner still let me keep my bags in reception all day till I collected them later. Plus let me have a key to get back in to get my luggage. This goes above and beyond what most larger hotels would do for you. Thank you so much you made it so a stressful situation for me was not added to!

All the place is gorgeous and very clean, they got a very friendly and lovely staff and breakfast is just superb. I do recommend this place anytime, trust me !!!

Parking is a bit crowded and turning inside area is tight. Take earplugs - it is on a corner with main road passing frontage, and internal walls are thin.

Friendly helpful staff - good breakfast.

I didn't like that I had to leave.

Comfortable bed, very big t.v, amazing view, staff were very friendly and polite. Would stay again in a heart beat. :)

could be cleaner

Provided fan and windows let in a lot of air to room. lounge and papers provided for residents. Shelter to smoke under. beautiful garden. Healthy breakfast.

Clean comfortable hotel, with ample parking, and friendly helpful staff. Having stayed in other hotels in the area, this one is by far the best, and I would definitely stay here again, and have no hesitation recommending it to family and friends.

Shower head was broken and would not stay upright. Flimsy plastic loo seat. Did not want to walk on carpet without something on my feet. As I was a single occupier it felt as if I was tucked away in the cellar.

Bed was perfect. Clean and comfy. Breakfast was perfect and set me up for the day. Area was quiet.

The plumbing wasn’t great. Lots of hot water but when other guests were showering there were very strange noises and my water pressure was affected.

Staff were friendly, comfy bed, tasty breakfasts. Good value for money.

Lot of creaky floorboards. Wasn't really an issue until the people in the room opposite started wandering around and up and down stairs at 5:30am. Woke us up. Also, the shower is more of a dribble than a shower, but did the job in the end . Some fresh fruit salad would have been nice at breakfast as an alternative to cereal.

Comfy bed and excellent breakfast. Room 6 at the top of the house had lovely views over the garden. Room was spacious. Would definitely stay again in in the area. At breakfast, everyone seemed very happy.

Staff very welcoming . Local pub provided excellent evening meal . Good value can’t praise the staff highly enough very personable approach so helpful thank you

We didn’t sleep one night at all as the room next to us was fighting from 10pm until 3:30am. They were extremely intoxicated and violent so we didn’t go and tell them to be quiet. Be rang the owner from the number provided and didn’t get an answer. They were in the room, in the corridor, in the street etc and was throwing things around. We never slept a single wink. Told the owner the next day and was not offered anything as an apology. I understand it’s not the B&B fault, however I do think there should be a number which you can call in an emergency like that so it can be dealt with. Also, the WiFi did not work in our room as we was on the ground floor which was rather annoying.

Had a nice big room with two double beds. Room and overall B&B was really clean. The owner sorted out sausage sandwiches out for us one morning as we wasn’t able to make breakfast due to attending a nearby event

decor outdated

staff - the hotel is dated but made up by good customer service. We had to leave early but staff showed us where breakfast stuff kept and said help yourselves. You just wouldn't get that anywhere else

TV signal was bad couldn't get most channels. I love my showers, therefore I would prefer if you could include shower gels thank you.

The staff were lovely and we loved our room.

Staff warmth and friendliness, choice and freshness of breakfast, and the overall atmosphere with other guests. Very quiet top floor room. Great to have two such comfortable chairs in the bedroom. Good off road parking.

Although we are smokers the ashtray at the back was overflowing and there was no ashtray out front so quite a few cigarette ends

The staff were so friendly and helpful, the place was spotless, the food was good and the beds were comfy- ticked all the boxes!

the single room had lights not working, the shower was not powerful and the door was tricky to lock. could have used an extra towel

the double room was a nice size and comfy bed but hard pillows. nice hot shower. very good breakfast and the staff were lovely

Room was noisy and not clean and was out of 1970. staff was doing there best.

Hotel need a good tidy up, rooms was not what was on web page. looked like it last was refurbished in 1970.

Curtains in room very thin and not lined. My room was illuminated all night from light directly outside building. Rooms very basic, old and tired, décor quite scruffy in places.

Breakfast was good.

Very friendly, second time I have stayed here and the staff were really excellent on both occasions. It's a convenient location with a couple of takeaways and a pub within a few minutes walk away. Try Health Kicks for tailor made burger, salad,etc,. It's close to Haslam Park, which is well kept and pleasant, so on a fine evening was able to have a walk after work. Very good breakfast available from 7am

Nothing to complain about. I was happy with room and the great value for money. It was a pleasure to stay there!

Very clean and staff ever so friendly. Hotel was in a good location and the garden was lovely to sit out in. Breakfast was excellent and included in the price. I would recommend to anyone and I plan to stay there again in the future! Well done claremont!!

Difficult to find fault for the money, but the decor could be updated....for us a minor point.

There are three things my wife and I look for in a room..a comfortable bed, a good shower, and a good breakfast and the Claremont achieved all three. Additionally, the staff advised us of a great pub, which has a great atmosphere and good food...many thanks.

Quite tatty and worn in places. I could hear the people in the next room clearly through the wall. Bed and pillows could have been more comfortable

Staff were excellent. Room facilities were relatively basic but clean all working. Had a great shower!

Was not expecting to have a double room at the price and customer service was exceptional for a low key outfit! Well done Claremont I will definitely recommend!

Very tired and needed updating in our rooms. My bed wasn't comfy at all and pillows lumpy quilt very thin and bed creaked so did the floors above. The twin room was shabby too... the list could go on really. Was dissapointed

Not much if I'm honest.. the resident lounge looked ok but we didn't use it. Breakfast was ok

Hotel was lovely could not fault it! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very quiet ! Deffinetly would stay again and recommend to friends/family!

The noise from a group coming in at midnight and they didnt go to their room till 1am. There is no phone linked to someone to complain to. And when I say noise, I mean noise.

The staff and owner were lovely the room was clean. The breakfast was nice.

The staff here were SO lovely and welcoming, the room was excellent value and super comfy, I had the best nights sleep and the the breakfast was the best fry up I’ve had in a long time! I will definitely be staying here if i visit Preston again

Being older a walk in shower would be better but we did not have a problem climbing into the bath.

The situation was good and it was easy to find and it was excellent to have parking on site. The people were very friendly and helpful and suggested a meal at a local pub which was very good.Plenty of choice at breakfast and it was much better than we expected.There was also a nice sitting room for residents with a large TV.Lots of hot water for showering.

The only thing for me ! the pillows could have been softer

Came for my daughters birthday party,hotel was only a few minutes from where we needed to be ,plenty of parking space good size room and good breakfast and very pleasant staff . Excellent value for money.

Wifi was a bit slow at night but fine next morning

Good cooked breakfast, comfy beds, friendly helpful staff, plenty of parking on both sides of the hotel and the price was okay for a one night stay, I would stay here again if ever in the Preston area.

Room was obviously a single but two beds had been crammed in. No waste bin in bathroom. No hook on back of door. No hand towels bath towels very poor quality. No gluten free options at all.

Shower was good. Friendly staff.

Didn't really like the fact there was two single beds pushed together to make a double I found this really uncomfortable to sleep.

Loved the hotel location lovely deco friendly staff

Lack of toilet roll in bathroom but this wasn't a huge issue.

The staff are always polite and very welcoming, you can clearly see they love what they do and take pride in their establishment.

My only personal preference is fitted sheets on beds , it may of been a one off or mistake, but I riggle about in bed and ended up very tangled. I’m positive if I’d mentioned it they would of rectified it but my head was busy elsewhere!

Very clean and comfortable enough storage . Good tea&coffee supplies . Netflix an option and WiFi signal very good . Staff we’re truly amazing , we were over for a funeral, and made us feel completely 100% welcome even though we arrived late in the evening. Throughout our stay staff were lovely. Oh and good pub that serves food 6 minute quick walk away . Breakfast very good and well executed.

Not a lot, it was easy to find, and being at the back of the hotel, not much traffic noise. I would suggest perhaps hand rails for the bath. My wife is partly disabled and getting in and out of the bath to use the shower required help from me.

Bed was soft, although we had to turn the heating down a bit. Breakfast was good. Some places buy the cheapest bacon and sausages, not here. Minor gripe, we both don't like UHT milk, but short of putting a fridge in each room, there's nothing you can do about it.

On the second day the bathroom sink wasn't cleaned. The bed was left unmade and the bin had no new liners. On the morning of the last day there was no hot water at all and no heating in the room, which should be essential for a hotel in winter. 😞☹️

The breakfast was lovely. Staff friendly.

6 flights of stairs!

Met my expectations. Disappointed that there was no light bulb in bed side light and shaving light didnt work in bathroom. Would have thought they would have been spotted prior to arrival. Having said that it was sorted immediately. Basic but comfy rooms, nice people and good breakfast. Value for money

The staff were friendly and helpful. There was an excellent choice for breakfast. The room was very clean, and comfortable. It is a well run establishment

The staff the room the breakfast were all top class next time I visit Preston I will definitely stay again so much better than any premier inn or travel lodge

Didn't have any issues. Everything satisfactory

Excellent location for what our plans were, staff very friendly and welcoming, breakfast was good and plentiful, room clean and comfortable. No trouble when we needed to change room due to shower not working properly. Was given new room immediately. Would recommend it to others

The shower facilities were a little dated but adequate They were not able to provide a VAT receipt, and the pillows were rather on the hard side.

Staff were very friendly, and there was a great pub 5min walk away

i did not like the basin as the toothbrush holder stand was right over the basin making it very difficult to wash my face and brush teeth i had to use the bath. it should be put much higher or narrowed

the location for my event was great, the room was very spacious and the bed comfy, the breakfast was proper and very hot and was scrumptious with lots of tea, i definately would use this hotel/ b&b again

The wifi didn't work, cold tap in bathroom didn't turn so had to brush our teeth with hot water. The signal on the tv kept going and tv turns itself off. The shower would either be freezing nor red hot.

I liked the location of the property and the free parking.

The fact that we were only there for one night - wish it could have been a longer stay.

In all my 40+ years of travelling, I can honestly say that I have not had a hotel bed as comfortable as in The Claremont. Most hotel beds are like trying to sleep on a surf board, Not the Claremont, all 7 of our party had a wonderfully comfortable nights sleep. The staff were all lovely and friendly and the price was great value.

As an elderly couple with one finding difficulty with stairs I would have liked ground floor accomodation,but after talking to the owner I can arrange this with him in future.

The owner and staff were very welcoming and obliging.The breakfast was good and it was a good place to spend the night.I would stay there again on my next family visit.

I can't think of anything.

The room was in a quiet part of the hotel and the bed was comfortable. I really enjoyed the cooked breakfast and this was well made and tasty. Staff very generally helpful, attentive, and answered my questions about what was available in the locality.

Can't complain about a thing, it was everything I expected from a budget hotel and more.

The hotel staff were very friendly and and could not do enough to ensure we were comfortable and at the same time they were not intrusive. The bedroom had everything we needed, we were allocated a family room on the ground floor when we only booked a twin room. All in all great value for money

Room 1 was a little 'tired' and suspect that it is scheduled for updating. Car park layout difficult when hotel full.

Great breakfast included with lovely welcoming staff. Easy to navigate around and straght forward layout.

It was up to my expectation. There was nothing wrong as far as I am concerned.

It is very neat and clean as expected also staff is very helpful. People at reception are very good and helpful. Breakfast service was also quick and good so was the food.

For the price I'm not going to moan about anything.

Nice breakfast which was served quickly and at a later time on the weekend. Friendly staff, even when I hadn't vacated the room before 11:00. There was a parking space for me despite checking in very late.

nothing stay was really present no issues at all

room was good and was well heated bed was comfortable breakfast was really nice staff were really friendly had a really nice stay

Room was bit too small for a double bed, there was no desk to do any work, you can hear all noises from room above and corridor as well so no so good sleep. Bathroom could do with make over as old.

Easy access, helpful staff, good breakfast.

Bedrooms proximity to the busy main road which made us reluctant to open the window. Otherwise we could not say anything detrimental about our stay.

I don’t understand the Genius Perks question but we found this property to be ideal. The room was excellent, very clean, and the bed extremely comfortable. The residents lounge and the garden also proved to be outstanding features. The staff were brilliant and really looked after us. We would recommend this property to anybody who is looking for a very reasonably priced bed and breakfast establishment. The breakfast is excellent.

Nothing, the hotel was what we had expected, the bedroom and en-suite were small but again what was expected and adequate for our needs

Comfortable bed, excellent cooked breakfast, hotel warm, staff friendly

Someone had parked their car across three parking bays restricting the space for parking. I don't think this was the Hotels fault though.

Fabulous breakfast. Wonderful value for money. Nice and quiet. Comfortable bed. Staff very friendly and helpful. Easy to find in the dark because of big illuminated name board on front of hotel.

I can't think of anything!!

Breakfast was generous in quantity and made from good quality ingredients from the Local Area. Staff are very friendly and welcoming and look after all your requirements.

Asked for a very quiet double room, if possible, and were given a room overlooking the main road. Could not sleep because of traffic noise and would have preferred a room at the rear of the property overlooking the garden.

Everywhere was lovely and warm with fresh flowers near the front door.

Staff are all lovely and ensure you are well looked after. As I left for work before the breakfast time they went out of their way to make me a breakfast to go before I left each morning. Rooms are cosy with good facilities. Would definitely recommend.

Cant think of anything on the downside to be honest.

Excellent service and staff so helpful, went out there way to locate shops and extra t bags biscuits supplied on asking, breakfast varied from a full English (very nice) to a wide selection of cereal and and fruit juice as well, i also borrowed cutlery for my personal use, room size was very big and lovely en-suite as well, will definitely stay there in the future.

n/a

The staff are all amazingly friendly and made me feel like nothing was too much to ask for! The room was beautiful, one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in, the decor was fabulous and the bed very comfy! There was a large corner bath which I took advantage of with a bottle of prosecco I bought from reception. The breakfast is one of the best I've had at a bnb and it came very quickly which is always a plus! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Preston you get a phenomenal room and service for an amazingly reasonable price! I will defiantly be booking again!

Lighting in the room and mattresses.

The Staff were so nice and the breakfast very fresh and well presented. Which goes a long way. Very relaxed atmoshpere. Would stay here again.

Very disappointed with the cleanliness of the room (hairs in bed & shower!), stains on the chair (atrocious), and broken bed head. There are no lifts but this is not readily available information, the distance from the town also.

The staff and breakfast

The basin has a crack and has led to water leakage down to the ground if the basin is filled up with water. The carpet has very very mild odour which could be the smell of cleaning agent. A distance from city centre.

Staff extremely friendly. Delicious breakfast with fresh tomato, mushroom etc. Extremely spacious and quiet room. Abundant parking spaces. The dining room is facing a huge lawn in the backyard.

We really didn't know what to expect but the hotel turned out to be easy to find, comfortable and well appointed and gave us a really good breakfast early enough for our cycling schedule.

Lovely place very friendly warm and welcoming staff, breakfast was lovely and room was gorgeous I had a double room the bed was massive very clean & fresh very satisfied with our stay.

Great value. Breakfast cooked to order. Staff were very friendly and the advice on area was welcome. Recommended for a good budget option in Preston.

only 1 towel, 4 mirrors though!!!! mirror over sink only suitable for people under 5ft. tall. no lift - I was at the very top of the building (4 flights). tatty shower- very poor water flow. no extractor fan in bathroom/toilet and no openable window! heating erratic and seemingly uncontrolable. no bar. no evening meals on offer. in need of redec. far too expensive for what is provided. busy road - noisy at night/early morning.

staff and breakfast, although limited, were excellent. staff were very friendly and helpful. good wifi. easy parking. pub (good food) close by (2/3 min. walk). big tv in lounge

The shower leaked and couldnt work out bedside lamp?

Its a no nonsense budget hotel which is clean and tidy with friendly staff. Breakfast exactly as you would expect.

A tad pricey and the parking was a little difficult.

Brilliant staff - very friendly and courteous. Spacious property, comfy bed and en suite bathroom.

Couldnt fault the hotel so cant think of anything

Stayed here twice and both times the rooms were lovely and for a great price! Staff are very friendly too!

The beds could have been more comfortable.

Staff were so friendly and the breakfast was amazing. They made us feel really relaxed and made sure we had everything we needed.

I could find no fault.

A very clean, comfortable room. A lovely breakfast served by extremely friendly and helpful ladies. One of the best 'value for money' hotels I have stayed at.

The pleasantness of the staff cleanliness of our room we were very impressed with this hotel and would look to stay here again on our way up to Scotland eccelent