Reviews of Claridge's 5 stars

41 - 43 Brook Street, Westminster Borough, London, W1K 4HJ, United Kingdom

#22 of 977 hotels in London

9.7

9.7

An amazing experience being taken care of so splendidly and always with the most gracious style
    • Superior Queen Room

Nothing to think of as an issue at this smart and stylish venue.

An elegant hotel where service really matters. Friendly informed staff ready to help with anything. Nothing pretentious about this place...just comfort, style and class. One of the most elegant hotels in London. .

Lovely building lovely staff.
    • Superior Queen Room

Maybe I’m a tight northerner or it’s the way of life now in London but these hidden service chargers! It should be my choice at the end of any service if I then decide to tip. The UK staff are paid well unlike other countries who’s staff relay on tips. Don’t add to bills without my consent

Lovely building lovely staff. The food was also out of this world

Never again.
    • Superior King Room

The plumbing system is outdated. You can smell sewage when you enter the room. Knobs would keep falling apart. The sink has an odd faucet. The AC is old or the airducts are old because an odd smell comes out of them. Cleanliness is questionable as i kept find old tissues in closets and small areas. Extra charges were added to the bill.

The hotel location and proximity to everywhere

It was rather large, we had 5 wordrobes for 2 people.
    • Superior King Room

The property is pretty old and there was drilling going on next door.also the room was pretty dark.

It was rather large, we had 5 wordrobes for 2 people.

The breakfasts every morning were amazing.
    • Superior King Room

The price I payed for my room was ridiculous and upon check in my dreams of a spacious room that I had been shown to me while booking my room were gone. My room was way too small for its price. The spa is horrible. My massage was not a good experience and my manicure was an even worse experience. The therapist started knawing at my nails without soaking them in warm water first and topped it off with an aweful polish. It was painful to say the least and I got a proper manicure at my usual place the next day. I also had an in room manicure the first evening of my stay, that was terrible as well. All in all the spa at Clardiges has to be overhauled. The therapists need to change ASAP.

The breakfasts every morning were amazing. Tea time is always wonderful. The concierge team is very helpful. The beds and slippers are so comfortable!

Like I have just said they could not do enough for us
    • Superior Queen Room

We liked every thing just

The staff were brilliant ,and we had a fantastic time ,bit expensive but that is what u get when u get with top class ,all the way round

Amazing experience......thank you!
    • Superior Queen Room

Up graded on arrival as my daughter was getting married, to a fantastic room with a dressing room which proved invaluable on the day. Staff were so attentive and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We also used the florist (McQueens) who I would highly recommend. The whole experience was amazing and to top it off there was an extremely comfortable bed!!!

Unhappy and Very Very Disappointed!

Hotel Too Old! Not Cleanliness! No Coffee Machine Inside The Room! No Boiling Pot! Breakfast Too Expensive and No Worth! The Room Too Noise! Anyways, is the worst hotel that I stayed and absoultly not worth the monet that I paid!

Location Only!

Brilliant stay as always.
    • Superior Queen Room

Perfect stay as always. Lovely, comfy, clean room - got an upgrade so that was a bonus. Tried Fera restaurant at the hotel for lunch and it was absolutely delicious. Top notch food and service. The staff are all really friendly and the service second to none. The bars are great and the breakfast is also delicious with a great choice. My husband and I had a great stay. The location is ideal for shops and restaurants and many great places to visit and we woundn’t stay anywhere else now when we go to London. Love, love love Claridges.

Amazing experience
    • Superior King Room

Shower base looked a bit like it needs replacing, tv went wonky on the morning we were leaving. Everything else was perfect.

The friendly and welcoming staff. Beds so comfy with beautiful linen and lovely pillows. Breakfast amazing. Lovely and quiet at night in the rooms. We were upgraded to a suite it was beautiful. TV in the bathroom beautiful toiletries. Great experience loved the old lift with operator and seat. Doormen must be the smartest in London!

Awesome
    • Superior Queen Room

Manager Robert Taylor was Very efficient in upgrading us and making our stay with you fantastic as it was my wife’s Birthday a Big Thankyou to Robert & all Claridges staff

ELEGANT BUT AGED HOTEL. IN A BIT OF A TIME-WARP.

NOISE OUTSIDE FROM BALLROOM AND TRANSPORT THEY USED TO CLEAR EVENT. EARLY MORNING ORGANISATION AND VERY DISTURBED SLEEP. SHOUTING AND NOISE.

BED WAS COMFORTABLE.

The level of service and attention to detail from every...
    • Superior Queen Room

We did have to call the Engineer to the room due to two faults, however this was fixed very quickly and the Manager also took time to discuss this with us which was a very personal touch.

The level of service and attention to detail from every member of Staff is impeccable. The best service provided by far at any 5 star hotel we have ever had the pleasure of staying in.

Lovely, relaxing and indulgent. A well earned break.

It was a little to hot temperature wise in the corridors and as we couldn't open a window in the room felt a little stuffy

The staff were lovely - couldn't have been more helpful and friendly

Exhilarating it was so good.
    • Superior King Room

Nespresso coffee maker in the room.

The level of polite friendliness from all members of staff felt absolutely genuine and made a great visit exceptional.

The best hotel I have ever stayed in, I felt so special the whole time I was there and can’t wait to
    • Superior Queen Room

Nothing, it was amazing, I wouldn’t change a thing.

It was beautiful, the staff were so friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

The class and sophisticated treatment
    • Superior Queen Room

No respect to confidentiality policy which was disturbing but the hotel managed to recover very well from the unfortunate incident

The class and sophisticated treatment

Disappointing and not worth the money.
    • Superior Queen Room

The rooms feel outdated and dull and for a 5 star hotel at this price, they really should offer something a bit more special. I stay in better rooms for half the price elsewhere, never mind comparing this to other 5-star hotels around the world. Secondly, the service in the main bar was the slowest I have ever experienced. It took them 25 minutes to take out order - twice! Not acceptable when you are paying these prices and the they already add on a hefty service charge, which in this situation feels a bit like a joke.

The location is excellent and the staff (when you see them) are very friendly.

Once in a lifetime experience

Nothing ! Everything was just perfect

This is the most exquisite hotel I've ever stayed in - the moment you enter the lobby you're transformed into another era, at Christmas this hotel is at it's best with amazing decorations and the famous Xmas Tree in the lobby. My King Superior Room was more like a suite than a room, with the most beautiful art deco bathroom I've seen, every interaction with staff was a pleasure, whilst expensive, worth every penny and is a must if looking to stay at an iconic London Hotel

Fantastic hotel, fantastic staff, fantastic weekend.
    • Superior Queen Room

A 'teas made' in the bedroom would have been very welcome, it really was the only thing missing, however I can't imagine Claridges providing tea bags or anything in sachets !

our bedroom was comfortable, and it was lovely to have the bed 'turned down' when we returned from our evening out, with the shoe polishing kit laid out, and slippers by the side of the bed. What stands out is the number of staff on hand to help. There are two bars. Both very small, and it looked like you should reserve a table. We hadn't booked, however on the occasions when we wanted a cup of tea, the staff were able to find us somewhere to sit so that we could enjoy it. Prices for drinks were not as high as I thought they would be. Breakfast (full English) was superb. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

An excellent experience.
    • Superior Queen Room

We were woken at 8.30 a.m. by noisy drilling in the adjoining room where works were being carried out. This continued for some time prompting a telephone call to reception whereupon silence reigned again.

The hotel is wonderful and the service is impeccable. The staff are professional, efficient and friendly. The afternoon tea is a pure delight.

Traditional British Hotel operating at the highest standard

Room was clean, reasonably spacious , decor very masculine , bed linen great bathroom large enough and overall better than most London rooms.

The best London hotel we have stayed in for a long time. All staff from check in , Foyer Restaurant, and housekeeping were professional, efficient and appeared to be proud of the job they do. Choice , quality and price of lunch in Foyer restaurant was very good and service outstanding. Breakfast was just as good - pastries worth eating and full choice of fruit, yoghurt cereals, cooked dishes. We want to return .

Claridges is an historic and beautiful boutique hotel with amazing staff.

Couldn't get really hot water, noise in our room coming from other rooms/guests next to ours on both sides (not partying, just every day noise like phones ringing and the plates and cutlery for in room dining)

Staff are the best. No question.

One of the best hotels in the world

Claridges is what all hotels should aspire to. They always go that little bit extra and always get it right. The attention to detail and the personal touches are what makes a great hotel.

We left feeling charmed, spoiled and pampered making it easy to overlook any shortcomings.
    • Superior Queen Room

It's an old hotel. From the faux-retro-style bathroom fittings (we observed that an upgrade was underway when we changed rooms) to the labyrinthine arrangements of the rooms - we didn't master the maze of corridors until check out time!

We heard some construction noise from the street below and asked to move to a quieter room. The staff were sympathetic, helpful and effective; moving us immediately to a room on a different floor with a better view and, more importantly, absolute quiet.

Very friendly

Nothing specially comments. Only thing was when I checked out they have added two items from the room £140 & 6£ Extra which I never use or take neither drink. I hope after I telephoned to the cashier in the reception they modified to the correct account.

Excellent location and staff. The old hotel very English.

Excellent service!

Busy so delayed cleaned the room, and mistake account.

Staff and ambiance are excellent and English traditional culture can see through the hotel. Also restaurant FERA and Foryer were happy and busy mood.

A fabulous stay with impeccable service.

Having to leave!!

Claridge's take service to another level, the vibe is personal and welcoming whilst still being exceptional. Nothing is too much trouble, any requests are not just fulfilled, but the next step is anticipated before you even think of it yourself. From the moment we arrived all of the staff knew who we were, greeted us by name and charged everything without asking for our room number. Room, décor, facilities, ambience and most of all staff were all exceptional.

Expensive, but luxurious once I finally had access to my room later than I had hoped for.
    • Superior Queen Room

despite the room supposedly being ready by 3PM mine wasn't ready until gone 4pm so I was unable to get ready for the wedding which I was attending at the hotel in my room, this was not what I would have expected and nobody offered any help. I was not the only guest with this issue there were a number of us as reception with the same predicament. I wold have expected more. The breakfast charge and service charge on top was high. I made alternative arrangements for breakfast.

The Staff were amazingly friendly and kind and nothing was too much trouble.

An expensive treat, but worth the money.
    • Superior Queen Room

AC wasnt working. Repaired without delay, but room was very stuffy for the first night. Not ideal when paying a lot of money for 3 nights.

Service was exceptional, easily the best I have encountered. Room was excellent; bathroom spectacular. Location perfect.

3 day stay .The staff know your name . The whole experience was one of understated luxury.
    • Superior Queen Room

Total luxury.Staff beyond helpful.Room exquisite,quite luxury.Bathroom wonderful Breakfast delicious Afternoon tea fully booked but they keep a few tables for residents

Superb stay, top class service
    • Superior Queen Room

Room temperature is a bit too warm (but still in acceptable range). Tried to set the thermostat to the coolest, but not getting better. Informed the staff but it was not better. May be it just happen to my room only.

Service is impeccable, very attentive and accommodating to all requests. Room is very clean and lobby is extravagance.

TRue class
    • Superior Queen Room

reception IT system slow or failing on the day of our stay Been like it for days apparently. Not what you expe4ct from Claridges

High service delivery from all staff

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Absolute opulent luxury
    • Superior Queen Room

Opulent luxury all round the bathroom extra opulent Most of all was the staff they were above and beyond we were made to feel like ROYALTY nothing was a problem even help for old tech no phobics like me

Amazing
    • Superior Queen Room

Amazing experience - lovely staff, the bars with a great atmosphere, beautiful flowers, fab room with wonderful bathroom. Breakfast in our room was a great treat.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Special treat for a special event
    • Superior King Room

We were given a price for hotel car hire and it was shown on the bill as substantially higher. The issue was resolved before we left the hotel.

The hotel decor is fabulous, the service was fantastic, the beds very comfortable and the shower was the best I've ever been in. Extra touches like complimentary drinks while we waited for the room and celebratory cake (we won a major business award during our stay) made it very special.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

This is not just a hotel. It is heaven here on Earth!
    • Superior Queen Room

This hotel sets the standard by which all other hotels should be measured.

Some hotels are just nice places where you sleep. This is like staying in the incredible residence/palace of your dearest friends who simply want you to have everything your heart desires!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Good for a couple days, but at these prices there are better options.

Too many people in the lobby that are not hotel guests resulting in limited lounging areas for those staying in the hotel. When you cannot find where to lounge in the lobby you are then restricted to your room or must leave to another venue near by. Breakfast could go up a notch give the specific venue. The hotel could use touch ups in halls and rooms given its age. Even though is Claridges

The dining experience especially for dinner was great.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

This is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed...
    • Superior King Room

This is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in--its expensive but worth the cost. The staff is unbelievably good and the rooms are wonderful.

stay at clardiges
    • Superior King Room

nothing really, its just an very expensive hotel.

The staff take extra time to get to know their guests, for example I'm a Muslim so they are aware that I don't eat pork. When ordering from room service, the lady informed me that the dish i wanted to order had traces of pork in it. Also there is a stand at the reception area for theater tickets.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

My favourite Mayfair hotel from now

Difficult water adjustment system in the shower

I love the overall atmosphere at the hotel. The elevators are special which makes every trip up to the room special. My room was quite specious , cozy decorated with false fireplace and the bed was indulging. And of corse the location is unbeatable, I would say the best one can get.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

It was memorable.
    • Superior Queen Room

lighting-the room could do with some LED bulbs as these are brighter and as a bonus are also more energy efficient.

the reception was very friendly and put me at ease straight away.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Timeless classic
    • Superior King Room

Pristine classical English eligence, the attention to detail wth the old world charm was a delight, if you don't appreciate old world gentility and chivalry, please don't stay here and ruin it for the rest of us. Special place.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

There is always something to complain about, at any hotel or...
    • Superior King Room

There is always something to complain about, at any hotel or service-establishment, but why would you? If you are staying at Claridges, you are a lucky guy. Or gal. Enjoy!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Disasarified a lot of money and ssrcice should have been better
    • Superior Queen Room

No booking found when we arrived. Hotel said you never sent across. Wait half and hour for kettle to be delivered. Hotel put card through door saying sorry happy Birthday enjoy cake and champagne but they never arrived for over an hour

Wife was happy with birthday

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

EXCELLENT CHOICE...

The heating system failed the first day we arrived and when we complained they upgraded us to a bigger room-Mayfair Suit and didnt charge us the difference. I thought that was very very KIND. :)

Great New year

The cost of Beluga Vodka!

staff were so helpful, efficient, room was very nice, all round a great stay at a atmospheric hotel, can't wait to go back

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Busy pre Christmas weekend in London
    • Superior Queen Room

We usually stay this time of year and there's a wow factor to the decorations; disappointed this time.

Attention to detail. Excellent staff at all levels.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Felt like staying with old friends....Got us.
    • Superior King Room

Small item,lack of tea/coffee in room.

The Staff from the moment we got out of our car,bar food and service,Deco,room .One felt as if you were with old friends or was a bit actor in a very special movie.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

London's finest

Having to leave.

The most incredible wedding anniversary treat. This is the most incredible hotel my wife and I have ever stayed at, and probably will ever stay at. The staff are beyond fantastic, the comfort is out of this world, the service is impeccable. The decor is absolutely stunning. The restaurant Fera is absolutely fantastic. Couldn't have asked for any more, truly lives up to its superb name. We really hope we will have the opportunity to visit again.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Beautiful for a treat weekend
    • Superior King Room

The bars were small, it was a hassle getting a table, the music was very loud and the service slow.

The room was beautiful, bed very comfortable, the Art Deco detail was lovely as we're all the flowers through the public areas.

Claridges lives up to its name
    • Superior Queen Room

My wife was a little disappointed with her English Breakfast and felt it wasn't properly cooked

Apart from everything else, what made it special for us was the wonderful service; efficient, paying attention to every detail, but friendly and creating a welcoming atmosphere. The bonus was a complementary bottle of champagne because it was our Ruby Wedding Anniversary.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Wonderful as always. Worth the extra dollars.
    • Superior Queen Room

They got us into our room at 6:30 AM! This was a wonderful and unexpected bit of courtesy (check-in time is officially 3PM).especially considering that we had just landed after an overnight flight from South Africa.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The bedroom at 500€ a night was a disgrace. Never again.
    • Superior Queen Room

The drab, dark and unattractive bedroom was too small for two small suitcases - lacked electrical points and lighting and had an awkward and equally pokey bathroom to match the room - no charm at all. Never again.

Excellent breakfast. Friendly and helpful reception and concierge. Attractive reception areas.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

The best hotel in the world
    • Superior Queen Room

There was nothing we could improve, it was all excellent and every member of staff was a credit to the establishment.

The whole experience was excellent. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and everybody at Claridges made it a very special occasion. I cannot thank the staff enough for making our stay very special, we were given an upgrade to the Mayfair suite and they never forgot our names or the occasion. Thank you so much Claridges. We have been all over the world in some fantastic places but the best hotel in the world was on our doorstep all the time!!!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

A luxury break
    • Superior Queen Room

For the price of the room you might have thought the beds would be at least queen size, but it was a normal double.

The staff and the service were great. It is a beautiful hotel and it really feels like a luxury break to stay there, even if only for one night. It was also very quiet. We enjoyed drinks in the fumoir / bar.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Claridges need revamping to be among top hotels of today offering modern comfort

Bathrooms are run down . Leaks from showers etc. Service attendance in lobby should be improved No one today has to wait 30 mn to receive breakfast order . Need real improvment Bathrooms need revamping. Too many leaks. Confort is damaged : rooms lighting is terrible . Not enough light from existing lamps and very old sysstemto put them on I had room 226!. Have to go to each lamp to put it on No accessible outlets for Devices used today

I like coming back to a familiar place and familiar ambiance . You keep well the traditional look , Helpful concierge and good receptiin people is much appreciated

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

UK tradition messed up with Americanisms

Despite their high prices, they could not afford to put tableclothes on the restaurant table. Seriously, how can they claim to be traditional when you have to eat off polished wooden tables. I know they are American owned, but surely we don't have to behave like American savages do we? One of the greatest British lunch experiences is an immaculate white starched tablecloth, properly set with really good food - one compliments the other.

Wonderful just wonderful lived up to my expectations in...

Wonderful just wonderful lived up to my expectations in every way

Needed tea and coffee making facilities

Needed tea and coffee making facilities

• Superior Queen Room

The staff, location and bed were amazing

Loved the service and art deco

Piano too loud

Ambience,food.

we enjoyed our stay , staff very helpful and nice , location very good , a lovely treat to stay ,
    • Superior Queen Room

we were disappointed with Breakfast , my eggs were cold ,and bread had very little taste , rest of breakfast was very tasty ,

Perfection in Mayfair
    • Superior King Room

The staff and level of service is unsurpassed. The atmosphere is the entire hotel is always calm yet exciting.

Absolutely wonderful stay, an experience that will never be forgotten.
    • Superior Queen Room

Nothing at all, everything fabulous

Exceptional all round. Service impeccable

Perfectly located city hotel with extremely friendly staff
    • Superior Queen Room

Prices at breakfast are too high, especially when only having a coffee.

Perfectly located; extremely friendly staff; very nice furniture

Staff are excellent, wounderful surroundings, good food.
    • Superior Queen Room

Housekeeping not up to standard..bathroom not cleaned very well..missed draw down service at night.

Amazing
    • Superior Queen Room

Amazing from start to finish

Everything the smoking bar

brill

everything

excellent 10/10 everything

The best

Fabulous.
    • Superior Queen Room

Nothing to dislike really other than room was quite hot.

Everything great.

Magical dreamland

the late Spencer Tracy was asked would like to end up in. heaven no he said , would like to spend it at Claridges . I agree

Amazing staff and service