Reviews of Claverton House 5 stars

Bluemans Lane, Battle, TN33 0SE, United Kingdom

#1 of 7 hotels in Battle

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Outstanding base for exploring the countryside
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

Location wouldn't work well without your own transportation; I was fine, as I had a car

Breakfast was excellent, with many choices for cooked breakfast and made to order. Staff are exceedingly helpful, even finding me a box to ship home my souvenirs and putting up with my special requests. Parking is very easy and plentiful and free. I really liked that there is food available here in the evenings because I didn't feel like getting into the car and driving somewhere for dinner. My room (8) was large and bright. The bathroom is also large with a very roomy shower that offers hot water at good pressure. Towels are soft and fluffy. There is a mini-fridge in the room with items to purchase, though I didn't take advantage of it. It is quiet outside, as I kept the large window open most of the time. There was a fan in the room, which I appreciated. There is also a heater for the colder months. It is quite near Hastings and the beach, as well as historical sites such as Battle Abbey. Internet was outstanding and free. There are many routers to choose from as you move about the property. There are many outlets in the room. The bed is large and the pillows are fluffy. There is a lot of green space around the house.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great place to stay.
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

Everything was excellent. Staff were very friendly. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was nicely cooked and presented. Nice view from room quiet and peaceful atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Beautiful Find
    • Luxury King Size Four Poster

Fantastic Find! Great surroundings. Beautiful building inside and out. Staff were extremely friendly and went above to make your stay a lovely experience.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Relaxing, enjoyable, home from home with excellent accommodation, meals and very friendly hosts.
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

Excellent accommodation, room wash fresh and extremely clean, fantastic bathroom. It felt like we were treated as family not just paying guests. Well stocked bar and the evening meal was excellent (would recommend the beef) and breakfast was superb. Will be recommending the venue to family and friends.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Thank you!
    • Luxury King Size Four Poster

There was nothing that we did not like about this property, the property exceeded our expectations, one of the best in the UK.

Out of our twenty four nights in the UK this rates at the top. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable and the property was beautifully maintained. If ever in the area again we will be back.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Great location, lovely hotel but could be better with extra care with customer service
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

What would have been nice was a few personal touches by the management. I am not asking for anything for nothing but it was our wedding anniversary so a note or something to make it special would have been appreciated. The bar closed much too early.

The breakfast was of a high quality

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Short but very sweet stay!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

I’d arranged for an early check in as we were attending a wedding in Battle & our room, The Garden Suite was ready for us. It was very clean & comfortable with its own private garden. The breakfast was delicious & staff were lovely. I would highly recommend & hopefully will return again soon.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

A wonderful quite place to share quality time with my husband. Excellent service all round
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Dust from the building work, although this did not detract from the lovley room we had

Such a beautiful place, and the service was excellent; polite and friendly staf. I was there with my husband for our 1st wedding anniversary and it was a nice relaxing get away. The resturant wasn't open but the bar meal we had was resturant standard, not your usual bar meal. Would recommend a stay at Claverton House

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Absolutely superb
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

For business use a better desk maybe and possibly a trouser press, but not a big criticism

Room 9 has a huge comfy bed, a superb shower and having travelled a lot in UK and Europe on business I can confidently say the full English breakfast was the best I have ever had anywhere

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Would recommend.
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

The only issue i personally had was that the shower in our room was small for my size. No bath alternative.

Breakfast was good. Room was excellent. Overall stay was perfect. Quiet area and easily accessible to all venues we wished to visit. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Lovely time but disappointed with the room.
    • Compact Double Room

We were disappointed with our room. It said it was a compact room, but was so tiny that it was impossible to get dressed at the same time as my partner because there was no room to stand. We had to get into the bed from the end, as there was no room to get in each side. Bathroom so tiny. My husband and I felt the £145 per night price was too much for this room.

The service was wonderful and welcoming. The general facilities were lovely and breakfast was absolutely fantastic and perfectly cooked.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Absolutely wonderful

No complaints

It was the most beautiful accommodation and we stayed in the room with the sleigh bed and the room and bathroom was a great size. The room looked out over the garden. The house is lovely and owners really look after it.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Everything was good

It is the first time we have stayed at claverton the rooms are spacious, comfortable & excellent, very clean and fabulous breakfast. We had a lovely few days.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Pleasant enough hotel but dont expect a lively evening in the bar!
    • Compact Double Room

Went to bar for an nightcap at 9.45pm to find the whole ground floor in darkness and everything shut, no one about! Shower was ok until presumably other rooms were using theirs at same time resulting in severe pressure loss. Wi-fi intermittent

The location was fine and room if a little compact and bijoux was clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast.

A comfortable stay with excellent food.
    • Deluxe King-Size

The light over the wash basin was not working. I did not report it on the Sunday as I thought it might not be possible to sort it but we did mention it when we left on the Monday. It might be helpful to have some suitably placed hand grips in the shower.

We were staying because of a 70th Birthday celebration lunch. I was delighted with the quality of the meal. I also felt the breakfasts were excellent. I appreciated the garden especially as it was a lovely day. As the group was about 30 people it would have been crowded if it had not been fine enough to be outside. The King sized bed was very comfortable.

Kev & Debs do Battle
    • Compact Double Room

The property was charming and well kept, the staff were knowledgeable and very friendly, the breakfast was very tasty, we would 100% stay there again

Wonderful stay!!

Nothing. Everything was great

Our stay was wonderful! We stayed in the two bedroom suite. And yes the bedroom with the two twin beds is very small. But there is a small living area and another small room off the bathroom for luggage. We liked it so much we stayed an additional night. The breakfast was delicious. Make sure you get it. I have no complaints about this property.

Fabulous find.
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

The workman and the problem with the hot water (which was dealt with once we reported it)

The amazing breakfast, the lovely friendly staff, immaculately clean hotel and beautiful room.

Efficient,more of a guesthouse feel than hotel. Good breakfast and friendly staff.
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

Tried to charge me for £ 30 for early check in and late checkout- totalling 2-3 hours which is excessive. They phoned me back when I complained and offered it for free!

Good location out of town.

A treat to spend a night in a lovely small country house hotel with a delightful garden.
    • Compact Double Room

Although tasty and to a high standard the evening meal was expensive. A 'discretionary' service charge was added to our bill which I thought, given the cost of each main, for example £25 for a vegetable Thai green curry and that we were spending over £250 for one night's bed (in a small room), breakfast, evening meal and a couple of drinks was unnecessary and a bit cheeky.

The property was in a lovely location and it was a treat to spend an hour relaxing in the large and attractive garden with a drink before dinner. All staff were helpful and welcoming. Even though the room was small, the bed was very comfortable and it was fine for us. The evening meal and breakfast were delicious too.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

A lovely location. Lovely staff and great food.
    • Compact Double Room

The breakfast 100% exceeded what I expected. Lovely food. The staff were very kind and friendly, helped with any needs I had. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Very pleasant place to stay and a very good breakfast.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

There was only one very small bottle of shampoo and one of conditioner for a suite of four people. I'm sure had I asked more could have been supplied, but it appeared slightly mean, also there is no bath or shower gel supplied, only a small bar of soap.

Very comfy beds and excellent breakfasts .Very clean facilities. Staff were very helpful with sorting out the wifi, which was a bit hit and miss.

Definitely recommend it!
    • Luxury King Size Four Poster

Place was clean, but we did spot a couple of spiderwebs so perhaps they can have a look at that, otherwise everything was wonderful.

Property is beautiful, enjoyed the garden with my little one. Dinner and breakfast were absolutely wonderful and so was the service. We also enjoyed our room and the view. Overall we were very pleased with our stay.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Overall the hotel was very good with a few minor niggles, good location.
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

Bathroom could have been designed a little better - no where to dry wet towels, shower door did not fit correctly so floor got wet when in use, basin tap poorly located so you got wet every time it was used!

Nice new room in the new extension to the original hotel area.

Lovely staff and clean hotel
    • Compact Double Room

Our room was extremely "compact" had we fallen out of bed we would have been in the toilet.

The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was lovely

Stayed one night after a very hectic day did not arrive until 2200 left 1000 next day. Great sleep.
    • Compact Double Room

We booked late through Booking Dot Com. Did not realise that price did not include breakfast which we paid £10 each extra for at the hotel. Our fault I suppose for not checking BDC site more carefully. The room was small but we did book last minute for one night on a Friday.

Staff were great, breakfast fantastic.Hotel in nice grounds and had a cosy bar.

Always a pleasurable stay
    • Luxury King Size Four Poster

Nothing not to like at all.

We actually love staying here. Stayed here a lot and would highly recommended it. Lorraine is a very welcoming host and the ckaverton house is pristine. Cooked breakfast is outstanding

Gem of a hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Only negative was finding it !! The sign for it is after the turning so we had to turn around and go back which was not easy on the A21.

We had omelettes for breakfast and they were lovely. Sat in the garden early evening which was very peaceful and relaxing. Very friendly greeting when we arrived and checkout was painless. Altogether a lovely stay. We were only there for one night would definitely go back

The property didn’t serve food on the Sunday which was a...
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

The property didn’t serve food on the Sunday which was a little annoying so we went to Simply Italian in Battle on their recommendation. They should take it off their posit it was horrible.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Claverton short stay with kids
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Being charged the same adult breakfast rate for my three year old.

Stayed in the garden suite. Great set up for a short stay for two adults and two u8s. The small enclosed garden was perfect for the kids to play on safely. Breakfast high quality and excellent service throughout our stay.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

We had a lovely stay and if we are ever in the area again we would definitely stay there.
    • Compact Double Room

Our room was a bit small but we had everything we needed. If someone was obese they would have found moving around tricky.

Breakfasts were some of the best we've ever had - nothing was too much trouble and the staff were delightful. Delicious local produce. Bed was very comfortable

• Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

The hotel pretend to be a 5-stars hotel. This is not true. There is no meals during the day - if you want to eat you have to take a taxi and miles away to the restaurant. There is no telephone in room. There is no sleepers! When we wanted to have breakfast at 8:00, we were informed that we may eat only after 8:30. And we had to wait. When I asked the manager why they declared 5 stars at booking. com, he said it is a mistake. It is true - this hotel is a real mistake.

Charming and welcoming
    • Compact Double Room

It isn't clear which nights dinner is available from the information card provided at check-in - we were later told that it's out of date.

A little gem of a guest house set in a beautiful garden. The staff were all friendly and welcoming and our bedroom (advertised as 'compact') was certainly on the small side but had all the amenities needed for our overnight stay. Dinner was freshly cooked, served with a smile, and was reasonably priced. Breakfast was excellent.

A wonderful place to come back to after a full day of sightseeing
    • Luxury King Size Four Poster

A rare stay where i couldnt find anything i didn't like

A great level of comfort, a rich and tasty breakfast and all within a beautiful pastoral setting.

Comfortable !
    • Compact Double Room

Great hotel if you love hotels. We looked for a last minute B&B in the area ... in vain. So ended up chosing this hotel (2 days). Only could get hold of a 'compact room with 1.4m bed fot 2p' for limited stay. The staff however took the initiative to upgrade us without extra cost to a King Size room since it became available. Very comfortable hotel, very friendly staff, smashing breakfast.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The rooms were over looked by the car park and the description Garden rooms might be a little misleading given turf only and building works behind a newly erected fence. I had searched by "family room" but at dinner there was no children's menu so spent £50 on two chicken and potato and one soup. The food is wonderful but probably not aimed at families.

Always a lovely break, super staff, nice food and wine list. A charming place.

Everything was perfect

We have stayed here many times and delight in returning. Nothing too much trouble, the staff are very friendly and polite. Very charming place, a little gem. Looking forward to the next visit!

Staying here makes you will feel special.
    • Luxury King Size Four Poster

For us, we would have like to be able to walk into Battle but you can't from here. If you are looking to for peace and quiet and to relax then this is perfect.

Beautiful room, very spacious - we did have the four poster bed. Room had all the little extra's that you appreciate and the bed was lovely but just a little soft for me. The gardens are immaculate and the breakfast was served in a professional manner and cooked freshly.

The venue was excellent. The staff were exceptional. Meals of a high standard. Highly Recommended.
    • Compact Double Room

Nothing to dislike. Excellent venue.

The facilities were excellent. Evening meal and breakfasts were exceptional. The local was great. Highly recommended.

very friendly owners and staff. to be truthful and honest it is really just an upmarket BnB
    • Deluxe King-Size

The menu for dinner during the week. It is really only bar food taken in the bar lounge and is overpriced for what it is. Macaroni cheese at £10.95 etc. is not what one would expect when they are advertised as a Country House Hotel and Restaurant!

Loved the house, the grounds, the friendly staff and proximity to Hastings and Carr Taylor vineyard.

A wonderful, relaxing, comfortable stay. Will highly recommend to friends and family.

Absolutely nothing.

The hotel had a lovely relaxed feel while still being stylish. The room was gorgeous and felt like a bedroom at home and not like a hotel room. The attention to detail was outstanding.

Welcoming, friendly and a little slice of luxury
    • Compact Double Room

Nothing for me but my partner found the bed too firm (can’t please everybody!)

The breakfast was lovely, the room was quiet and comfortable. Great value for money and the staff were absolutely amazing. From the minute we stepped foot in this beautiful building, we felt welcomed and at home. Thank you so much for our stay, it was wonderful! We’ll be back x

Everything was perfect.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We had a lovely stay. The room was excellent, a comfy bed and a lovely view of the garden with an added bonus of watching the rabbits playing on the lawn. The dinner was delicious and breakfast the next morning. We will recommend Claverton House Hotel and would definitely stay again. The staff were wonderful

We would give it 10 out of 10 and recommend it to anyone.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It is very difficult to find anything to dislike.

Everything about this hotel was top drawer. The rooms were well decorated and clean, the bathroom spotless and the beds very comfortable. Breakfast was first class. as was the service provided. We loved the character of the place and the setting abd we will return..

Fantastic little hotel clean tidy and staff friendly. Breakfast was very nice
    • Compact Double Room

Room was rather warm due to the hot weather could have done with keeping the windows open all day until we checked in. Road slightly noiser then expect tho that cant be helped

Perfect location for the wine tour we were doing. Hotel was beautiful

Staff and food excellent! Careful which room you book!
    • Compact Double Room

There are two "small double" rooms and we decided to book one of these to make the trip more economical; feeling that for 3 days it 'wouldn't matter'... Unfortunately it did. The room was small and very cramped and may have been good for a single, but really the room was inadequate for a couple and the double bed could only be accessed from one side. Our advice - don't book a 'small double'... you will be unhappy with it.

The staff were all very pleasant and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The food was nothing short of excellent! Hot water was hot (very!) and the shower powerful enough. The Wi-Fi (password free) was excellent throughout the building. Parking was easy and the gardens were very attractive. Most of the 7 bedrooms rooms were large and airy. Additional rooms are being constructed in a new extension - May 2018.

Beautiful hotel, lovely staff, great rooms.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

My father and I booked the 2 bedroom suite at a very reasonable price. It had its own lovely lounge, dressing area and garden with table and chairs. Our beds were very comfortable and everything was spotlessly clean. We had a stroll around the very nice grounds in the evening. We didn't need breakfast but there was a very nice lounge with bar and we were offered an evening meal.

Very good stay. Beautiful house with lovely gardens and very friendly and helpful staff

All good.

excellent welcome. Lovely room with view of the gardens lots of wildlife. Bed very comfy. Shower very good.Breakfast room and food very very good. Would definitely stay here again.

Lovely house with lovely friendly staff that work there, and their breakfasts were amazing!
    • Compact Double Room

It’s a shame there was building work, but it’s was al well contained and kept tidy as possible.

Really enjoyed our stay here, and the staff were all really friendly. Generally a beautiful house.

Beautiful
    • Luxury King Size Four Poster

It was a beautiful, the room was lovely and clean. Our view over the garden was amazing. We would definitely recommend it and look forward to a return visit.

Above average
    • Compact Double Room

Just said room could have been bigger. Could have done with bigger choice of mixer drinks & possibly single cream to accompany coffee.

Yeh! Bed was amazingly comfortable. All pretty average for 5* establishment. Slightly disappointed with size of room. But all nicely clean.

Comfortable
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

There is nothing not to like about this place

We always stay here now when we are in Hastings. Always used to be bannatynes but since we found claverton house never stay anywhere else.

A little overpriced but a relaxing stay

Bedroom was way too hot and mattress was a little too soft for me and my partner, also there was building work going on that we weren't advised of on booking

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was absolutely gorgeous and the bedrooms were very spacious

Luxury Stay for Great Value
    • Luxury King Size Four Poster

Needs better signage on the road. Very hard to find without a SatNav.

Everything in the hotel was excellent! Bedroom was very clean and comfortable with a luxury feel. En suite bathroom was modern and very clean. Garden was well kept and lovely to explore. Breakfast is cooked to order to an entirely new level, unbelievable quality and was delicious. Would definitely recommend for any couples looking for a country retreat.

All amenities were excellent and access to Battle ideal as that was the main reason for my visit.
    • Compact Double Room

Everything was excellent but maybe directions to get there could be given.

Dining experiences for both breakfast and dinner were excellent. Probably the best VFM hotel I have stayed in and I intend to write an extensive Trip Advisor review.

A pleasant break in lovely surroundings
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The weather but the owners & staff have no control over that!

We loved the setting (even in the rain!) & it was an ideal location for what we were in the area for. All the staff were very friendly & efficient. Breakfast - excellent. Evening mel (Wednesday) was very nice.

A
    • Luxury King Size Four Poster

I would have liked more dessert choices.

The room we had was beautiful, especially the four-poster bed, which was very comfortable. The staff was welcoming, polite and understanding. Breakfast and dinner was equally delicious. Everything was clean, and well looked after. We'll definitely be back.

Quiet and comfortable country hotel.
    • Compact Double Room

Our room was very small so although totally clean and tidy with a comfortable bed, etc, it was a bit cramped.

Excellent service including offering a full menu despite us being the only people eating on that particular Sunday eve.

Nice hotel, will visit again
    • Compact Double Room

We knew we had the smallest room, it was all that was available, and we had been in it before, so no surprises. But it is small, especially with two people and posh clothes (we were going to a wedding). Even so, very clean and comfortable.

Lovely hotel, nice atmosphere, excellent breakfast.

An excellent stay in a great location.
    • Luxury King Size Four Poster

The room has not been dusted/wiped over in a long time. Even inside the drawers was not clean and all surfaces needed a wipe. Other reviewers mention how clean rooms were so perhaps it was just an oversight on ours but it was grey fluffy dust which had accumulated over a period of time. Having said that it will not stop us visiting again as everything else was great.

Lovely house in a great peaceful location. Lorraine and her staff are welcoming and very pleasant. The four poster bed is really comfortable and the room was lovely and warm on a cold day. Breakfast was superb - much better than normal ! Parking was easy and safe.

A very comfortable stay at Claverton House and excellent value for money!
    • Compact Double Room

Although the shower was very effective, the bathroom in general would benefit from some TLC.

This property has a marvellous rural setting and is located within easy reach of Battle, Rye and the south coast. Staff went out of their way to be helpful and the breakfast was exceptional in terms of choice and quality. I also appreciated the picture quality of the television as well as the spaciousness of the bedroom.

Very pleasant stay and would go again. As a bed and breakfast is good value for money.
    • Deluxe King-Size

Sadly the bathroom let our room down a little - it was small and was in need of updating. The dinner whilst very nice could have been more modestly priced and didn't really live up to expectations of fine dining as advertised.

Room was large with a lovely comfortable bed and nice linen. The staff were all very friendly. The breakfast was fantastic.

Perfectly ok but not quite there in all round refinement
    • Deluxe King-Size

Central heating pipes noise woke me more than once

Quiet unless left window open - road noise Tea tray and walkers biscuits in room Bed ok Good breakfast

enjoyable
    • Luxury King Size Four Poster

sat nav location doesn't relate to property and it is difficult to spot in a dark lane if you cant see the notice boards outside - satnav takes you 40 yards further on down the lane, so we phoned.

Great, relaxing break - excellent dinner and breakfast!

We were visiting with friends and unfortunately we had a tiny room which possibly was not reflected in the price. Having said that the staff were great and the breakfast was superb. We would definitely recommend the hotel to friends - just not the tiny room! Dinner was also fantastic :)

Excellent hotel, wonderful food
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

Decor - a few blemishes like unfinished grouting in the bathroom and chipped wooden windowsill in the bedroom.

Accommodation and food were excellent. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble. Bed was large, warm and comfortable. Breakfast a delight!

Lovely, homely atmosphere but with a feel of luxury. Super friendly staff. Great stay!
    • Compact Double Room

Unfortunately, the shower didn't meet up to how it looked. The shower cubicle is spacious but not much power in the shower which meant it took a bit longer to get all the soap suds off. The shower gel, shampoo and conditioner could be placed in a more prominent position rather than in the vanity cupboard. At first I thought there wasn't any and had to ask reception. (I should have looked more thoroughly, I guess).

We had a King size room which was very spacious. There were tea and coffee making facilities which, after a long journey, were very welcome. The bed was very comfortable and there was ample lighting and the heating was very efficient. The bar/lounge area was cosy and well stocked. Unfortunately, it closes at 9pm and as we'd arrived late, we only had one drink before going up to bed.

Comfortable
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Currently undergoing building so would of liked a price reduction to be fair .

Didn’t have food of an kind this visit through choice and circumstances but we have eaten many times before and it’s excellent, especially breakfast

Love it there, it’s like staying with family.
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

Given the wrong bill on departure even after mentioning it was not the same bill as check in. Received an email telling me they would charge the difference - which was fine - but not even an apology for the error.

Love their personal greeting from Lorraine and being able to check in, get the key and go. It’s like home from home.

All in all comfortable and relaxing, great room for the age children we had with us.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

There was nothing we didn't like to be honest.

The suite was very clean, beds were super comfy, the place was very quiet and breakfast was excellent!

Definitely recommend.
    • Luxury Room with King-Size Sleigh Bed

Shower in our room looked good but very impractical. Lounge food very average.

Nice quiet location. Breakfast excellent. Fine dining excellent. Great for a few days getaway.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

A good place for a business stay.
    • Compact Double Room

It would have been nice to have been warned that extension/building work was going on right outside the bedroom window - a rather rude awakening when they started banging around before 8am.

I arrived quite late to find I have been given a room upgrade which was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and warm

A Lovely place to stay with excellent food and Staff. Definitely deserves the 5 stars.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Sunday evening was a little noisy, as there was some kind of party going on downstairs! And we weren’t informed about it!

Breakfast was 1st class and in a really lovely, cosy environment. Also lovely cosy bed. Shower was a lovely size too.

Would definitely stay again
    • Deluxe King-Size

It was a bit tricky to find so maybe it could be better sign posted. If we were staying longer, a bath would be nice. But the shower was fine for a one night stay.

The most comfortable nights stay we've ever had! The room was a good size with a nice view of the grounds, tea and coffee facilities, flat screen TV and a mini bar (which was actually very reasonably priced). Staff were friendly and helpful. Plenty of parking, and a generous breakfast. My partner if 6'3" and usually has has to crouch down in hotel showers because the showerhead isn't high enough, but had no trouble this time (its the little things that make all the difference!) All in all, great value for money. We'll definitely be staying again.

Not good
    • Compact Double Room

Terrible tiny room could not open the bathroom door because the bed was on the way could not use the shower as it was too small. Only a summer weight quilt on the bed not warm enough .

The breakfast was good