Reviews of Cleasewood Guest House 4 stars

9.9

9.8

Nice Relaxing Break
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm10

I can honestly say there was nothing to dislike about our stay.

I liked the fact that our hosts were not in your face but were there if needed. The cleanliness of the room and the quality of the breakfast was also awesome.

Everything you would want a B&B to be.

Hard to fault but perhaps stairs a bit steep

Everything you would want a B&B to be...friendly staff, clean rooms and an excellent breakfast. Good location for all facilities.

Great holiday
    • Double Room First Floor Rm5

There wasn’t anything not too like, anything asked for was provided immediately.

The welcome was nice, the room had homely touches, they asked about your plans then followed up the next day which showed interest. They made each visiting party feel at home.

One night in Great Yarmouth

Everything was good. Can't complain about anything.

Room good size, love all the extras like toiletries etc. Breakfast good, all freshly cooked, and loads of choice.

Top class better than a lot of these over priced hotels where most of the time you are just a number
    • Single Room Second Floor Rm11

Nothing that I can think of

All the little extra touches ie nail file cottonwool even little scissors at breakfast to cut those pesky packets of sauces gets The hosts were extremely friendly and would gladly stay again

Superb
    • Double Room First Floor Rm5

Everywhere was spotless, so clean and comfy!!! Lots of sweet personal touches to the rooms. Very welcoming and friendly atmosphere and breakfast was delicious!!! Best B&B we’ve stayed at in Yarmouth, would definitely stay again!!!

Wonderful place,lovely people, can’t get any better!

That we only booked one night! Wish we’d have stayed longer!

We loved everything about this guesthouse! So clean, so well put together, comfortable, spacious, the room had everything we could possible need plus so much we wouldn’t have thought of( Thankyou deb, your amazing) Both deb and Arthur couldn’t be nicer, so helpful and welcoming, like staying with old friends but getting super well looked after! We look forward to staying again! Mustn’t forget to mention Oscar and Chelsea, so adorable, gorgeous boxers, pretending to be nosey but really just adorably lazy! Sadly, for us as we love animals, they weren’t in the guesthouse but we got to meet them over the garden gate :)

Very enjoyable.
    • Double Room First Floor Rm5

Nothing everything was to our liking.

Arthur and Debbie very welcoming. They helped with all we asked. A really nice couple we could not ask for anything better.

The hotel was a last minute booking but was perfect for our...
    • Double Room First Floor Rm2

The hotel was a last minute booking but was perfect for our stay! The location was excellent and the rooms were lovely and homely. All of the extra toiletries etc were a lovely touch to the room - everything really had been thought of to make it a lovely home from home! Would definitely return :)

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Welcome greeting, being on a motor bike they let us park...
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm9

Welcome greeting, being on a motor bike they let us park off road, which is a big plus. Lovely room exactly the same as advertised with a great view. Lovely breakfast what more do you need.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Have no hesitation in booking again.
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm10

AN EXCELLENT GUEST HOUJSE WHICH GOES THE EXTRA MILE. Excellent attention to detail. Very good breakfast on offer (we had scrambled egg & smoked salmon - delic)

Absolutely beautiful will definitely be back 100 percent
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm10

The fact that we booked the Clarence first which was horrendous and I’m still waiting for help from somebody to advise me how I make a complaint

We absolutely loved this hotel and would definitely stay again the room was spacious clean and tidy bathroom was lovely breakfast plenty to choose from Debbie and Arthur made us feel very welcome.

It was easy to find.
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm9

It was easy to find. In easy walking distance of every thing you needed. Clean and well equipped. Nice friendly staff. Great value and great choice for breakfast. Well worth a visit I would go back.

Good value overnight stay or longer
    • Large Single First Floor Rm 4

On street parking tricky when busy. Would prefer breakfast time a bit longer. But these only minor issues.

Warm welcome. Clean comfortable room. Good breakfast.

Very pleasant stay

The only thing I can complain about was the water pressure of our shower, we could still clean and wash so it wasn't a major problem.

Everything was lovely. People, room,food,cleanliness, location. Highly recommend.

Stay at Cleasewood was lovely
    • Double Room First Floor Rm5

Everything, there were so many little details that they had thought of in the room, they were very friendly and approachable, had a lovely stay.

Karl Donna and Tiana
    • Double Room First Floor Rm2

Cant think of anything we didnt like was all good

The whole experience of our stay from start to finish was fantastic. Lovely hosts and guest house, so helpful, polite and welcoming. Scrambled eggs at breakfast were something else!

Excellent 1 night stay
    • Double Room Ground Floor Rm1

There wasnt anything we didnt like .

Owner gave his car park space up for me, Arthur & Debbie the propriators very friendly and couldnt do enough for you to enjoy your stay.Bed very comfortable cleanliness Excellent.Breakfast great choice fresh and plenty of..Will revisit longer next time.Glad we booked there.Even to being able to poor own drinks from bar on late return to pay next morning .Very trusting couple.

A thoroughly enjoyable break.
    • Double Room First Floor Rm5

No complaints, everything was first class

Excellent food, Smashing room and facilities, friendly owners and staff, good location. A thoroughly enjoyable stay at Cleasewood Guest House.

Debbie & Arthur are friendly hosts, our room was nice...
    • Double Room First Floor Rm2

Debbie & Arthur are friendly hosts, our room was nice and comfortable and there is a good choice of breakfast, will stay there again next time were in great yarmouth

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Felt such a friendly B&B, Debbie and Arthur mad me so welcome. Wish I had stayed longer.
    • Large Single First Floor Rm 4

Whole house smelt lovely and was so clean. Owners so happy to help and so easy to talk to. Breakfast was so much to choose from and full English the best i have had in a long time, top marks to chef. So close to beach and town good location and free parking.

Wonderful experience

None.

I booked two rooms and traveled with my wife, a toddler, and parents. The hosts Arthur and Debbie were courteous, friendly, and helpful. We originally had a room without enough space for a cot. Authur helped change our room and prepared a cot in it. He also moved my parents' room to next door. It was very easy to communicate with him. Both rooms we had were spacious, tidy, well decorated, with all the essential things needed. We felt like staying at home. In the lounge room downstairs, there were books and a box of toys prepared for kids. The neighborhood was quiet and the location was within walking distance to the Britannia Pier. The breakfast was splendid. The feedback from my parents is that they slept well and ate well. My 2-year-old slept well in the cot as well. Parking was on the street and free. Arthur reserved a space nearby for us by parking his car there. Overall, wonderful experience + considerate hosts.

Faultless
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The only things that would be a slight improvement would be a slightly more powerful shower and a larger fridge. But that really is not picking

Absolutely everything. Hosts were friendly and genuinely enjoyed what they did. The room was lovely and put hotels we have stayed in to shame and our breakfast was lovely. We loved every moment. Thank you.

Clean,comfortable, hospitable amazing breakfast, the perfect place to stay

Absolutely nothing!-

Debbie and Arthur were so friendly and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The room and guest house were immaculate . Bed super comfy. The bathroom was huge and had everything you should need plus extras. The breakfast was fresh and delicious! Perfectly located on a nice road close to amenities. If I were to stay in Great Yarmouth again this is the place I would book.

Owners very helpful with good knowledge and advice on the...
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm8

Owners very helpful with good knowledge and advice on the local area. They accommodated our late arrival They were able to cater for my wife's gluten and dairy free diet even though I forgot to put this on booking form. Given a fee room upgrade for a better view, and bed was very comfortable Would recommend highly

Excellent stay, perfect weekend break!
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm10

Lovely greeting when we arrived from the owners. The room had a lovely view, was peaceful and homely. Very comfortable bed. Breakfast was very tasty. The whole premises was clean and fresh.

Very modern and vintage in the bedrooms love white furniture!

Nothing to be fair can’t think of a negative comment!

Very modern and vintage in the bedrooms love white furniture! Breakfast was great, loved the weetabix minis and fruit! Loved there was sugar free squash! .. owners friendly and take care. Will return 100 percent!

Great Mini Break

Not applicable!!

From the very beginning a friendly welcome by owners Arthur and Debbie. The room and bathroom were very clean and well equipped, the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in in a Bed and Breakfast. That brings me to the breakfast, basically you can have whatever your heart desires if they have it and it is all cooked to perfection by Arthur and served very efficiently by Debbie. Nothing is too much trouble here, pleasant stay right to the end and would definitely return if going that way again.

Excellent weekend, Great B&B situated near beach & town . Ran by a lovely couple. A real find
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very clean, friendly, helpful . Food was excellent. Beds very comfortable. Overall stay was great 👍 A real find. Family room was very well thought out . Lots of little extras 👌

Very happy with all that the hosts could and do provide. You leave feeling that you have made pals.

Double glazing would go a long way to deaden the noise of merry makers who choose to sing and shout at all hours of the night.

The immediate friendly greeting by the hosts was warm and sincere. Which set the tone for the whole stay. The breakfast menu was very wide ranging and would suit everybody's taste.

The Cleasewood gets a 10 out of 10, Great Yarmouth unfortunately gets a 2 out of 5
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm9

The Cleasewood made our stay worth while, don’t want to sound too negative, about Great Yarmouth, but, it’s just not for adults, however, if you do decide to give it a try, then by all means stop at The Cleasewood, Debbie and Arthur will make it worth while, great room, great breakfast and a really welcoming couple, very friendly and nothing was to much trouble. If we ever did decide to give it another try, then we wouldn’t hesitate to phone and book The Cleasewood. Thank you Arthur & Debbie. Clive & Kath

Good value
    • Large Single First Floor Rm 4

It was clean owner was friendly own key no curfew, and £35 for the night was exerlent , didn’t have the breakfast as had to leave early but I will nex time

Lovely little B&B near to seafront, brilliant!
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm9

Great location near to the seafront and just a short walk to the shops & bars. The owners were lovely and showed us to our room which had a lovely view of the sea! Breakfast was fantastic with great service from Debbie and great cooking from Arthur. Would definitely stay again!

The perfect place for a break.
    • Single Room Second Floor Rm11

My room was comfortable, nicely arranged and wonderfully clean. Care was taken to make sure everything I needed was at hand. Lounge and dining room excellent. Wish I could stay longer!

Personal Liberty and the Real World
    • Single Room Second Floor Rm11

After an incident of which being a vulnerable adult happened to me because of my poor judgement. Of which I said sorry for to disturbing some of the guests. I was given an ultimatum to NOT invite company over again. Little did the Landlord realise I would have taken myself elsewhere. It felt Abit too closed minded. I didn't like being called by my first name by strangers with their false smiles, having to choose between decaff tea or coffee, mistake with my breakfast order, asking me to pay again on check in, not fixing my ceiling lightbulb at 9:30pm and gossiping my business with the guests and being insulted by normal people in the background who are clearly ignorant. I didn't like being shouted at and they're lack of empathy. I think they are over worked as the couple seemed to manage it alone.

Attention to detail, CCTV. Generally quite beautiful.

Everything.

Absolutely nothing.

Everything. Owners made everything so welcoming and comfortable. Called you by your name they remembered from the booking. Honesty bar for guests as it was quite. Superb breakfast

Brilliant

Coming home

Fantastic stay hotel brilliant catered for every need nothing was too much trouble children treated beautifully will definitely be going back

Excellent trip.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nothing. Was lovely stay.

Fabulous hosts. Lovely room. Ideal location. All others guests chilled and chatty.Will stay again next time we visit the area.

Listen to your customers and treat them EQUALLY!
    • Double Room Ground Floor Rm1

The place didn’t meet our expectation and it was very cold. When the heating issue was addressed, we felt patronised with the response inferring we didn’t know how to operate the heating whereas it wasn’t switch on as earlier mentioned by the Male owner who said they didn’t expect us to occupy the room, keeping in mind we had been there for over 5 hours after complaining of no heating.

Cleanliness was good.

Welcoming, clean, comfortable and peaceful!

It was all excellent!

The Cleasewood is really a home away from home. Arthur and Debbie really make you feel welcome. The rooms are very clean, lovely decor and with lots of useful personal touches like tissues, Elastoplasts, little tubes of toothpaste. The breakfast, freshly cooked by Arthur and served by Debbie is excellent. The Cleasewood is within easy walking distance of the seafront and good places to eat. Highly recommended

Excellent B&B
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm9

The property was clean and very presentable. It was really warm and cosy too. Arthur and Debbie were great hosts! They made us feel very welcome. We especially enjoyed the freshly cooked breakfasts! We hope to come again in the Summer 🌞

Everything you.could need for your stay had been thought about

The rain

Arthur and Debbie very friendly, Debbie happy to make me a packed lunch. Great bed and room, nice large bathroom. Everything was clean and fresh. Breakfast great good choice plenty to eat. Sea view and easy parking.

Great welcome, comfortable stay.
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm9

The shower, altgough reasonably adequate and hot, if we were picky, the shower was slightly on the weak side otherwise a wonderful stay.

Meticulous attention to detail.

Absolutely amazing!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We were blown away from the moment we stepped in the door Debbie and Arthur were fantastic and we instantly felt welcome. The room was lovely and clean and they’ve thought of everything you might need or forget! Even down to plasters! Breakfast was amazing and enjoyed by all! Overall a fantastic stay and we won’t hessitate to recommend and book again for our next visit to family

Good value for money.
    • Double Room Ground Floor Rm1

The only drawback was having the TV on top of the wardrobe so you get a crick in the neck and its not very easy to watch TV but fine for an overnight stay.

Wonderful hosts. Friendly and helpful. Good selection at breakfast. Room was fine, nice comfy bed and plenty of storage. Nice and clean throughout. Great location, quiet but within walking distance of amenities. Would stay here again.

Good stay with friendly staff.
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm9

We didn't like all the 'nicnacs'/ clutter and lots of cheap Christmas decorations. A few good ones would have been better. First impression was poor as the front door was not apparent - no light and we had to knock on the door to be allowed in!

The bed was comfortable. Little extras like plasters and sewing set unexpected. However they could not make us a sandwich when we arrived - lost opportunity!

5 star excellent meticulous attention to detail throughout

Meticulous attention to detail even down to providing scissors to open sauce and toothpicks at breakfast amazing! Plus full range of beverages in room complete with soaps shower gels etc. Very clean establishment 5 star customer service from Arthur and Debbie. Very high standards throughout. Would defo stay again.

Lovely time away!
    • Double Room First Floor Rm2

It was a lovely place to stay our room was beautiful and everything was very comfy! Debbie and Arthur were both lovely too! We would definitely come back!

Very enjoyable and relaxing.

Nothing I didn't like.

I liked everything about my stay at the Cleasewood. Made to feel very welcome by Debbie and Arthur. Nothing was too much trouble. Food very good. Cleanliness of the room excellent.

Everything, very welcoming from the time we checked until we...
    • Double Room Ground Floor Rm1

Everything, very welcoming from the time we checked until we left We have stayed in many but this is the best by far Already booked to return in February

Highly recommended for quality and value for money
    • Large Single First Floor Rm 4

Arthur gave me a very friendly welcome and upgraded me to a double room. The room was clean, nicely decorated and had little extras such as a bottle of water and toiletries. Breakfast service and quality was superb.

Welcoming value for money close to the centre of Yarmouth.

We honestly can't think of anything 😁

Arthur and Debbie were really welcoming and very accommodating, lots of little touches like emery boards and sewing kits in the bathroom and at breakfast scissors to open the packets of sauce.

Surprisingly clean and comfortable compared to other places in Yarmouth at a similar price.
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm8

apart from parking is on the street, seems ok though.

Staff (owner) brilliant, very helpful. Rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast good. Couldn't ask for more....

Perfect place with a real home from home ambiance and such warm and very accommodating owners.
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm8

Room modern but not over the top, facilities in the room went just that little bit more than what you would expect, and the location is perfect easy walk to centre of Great Yarmouth.

A comfy bed and a full English Breakfast top notch.
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm9

Very warm welcome from the owners Arthur and Debbie. Bag carried to our room on the top floor. Room was well laid out and clean. Breakfast cooked to order and vegan options were available for my wife although I would recommend that Linda McCartney sausages could be added to the list. Overall very happy stay. Thank you.

I will definitely without a doubt recommend this hotel. Best value for money ...highly reccommended.
    • Single Room Second Floor Rm11

My only critisism was my wait following my cerial. If you are on your own it's bad enough sitting at the table twiddling your thumbs but when it's for a long time it can become a little awkward

The accommodation was basic but there were so many little touches that made it better than most places I have stayed in. Little extras in the bathroom ie repair kit, cotton buds, toiletries. It was better value than all the accommodation I have stayed in on my 2 month round the UK tour. You could help yourself to the bad and pay the following day. They were very accommodating.

Felt like being at home but without having to clean up or cook! Fantastic

The shower unit was a little old fashioned and the slightest of nudges it went from boiling hot to sub-zero. The room did get a little hot but this is due to the room being on the top floor and in direct sunlight (perhaps air conditioning units for the top floor rooms?) A fan is available however but it still got a little stuffy.

I thought for a Guesthouse, it had a hotel feel to it. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, the room was clean and tidy with all amenities you could want. The breakfast spread was extensive and something you'd see in an all inclusive hotel, with cereals, porridge, drinks and full English, or a choice of items on toast. It's only a short walk to town and we enjoyed walking along the seafront.

Excellent stay
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The whole experience staying here was perfect, Debbie and Arthur could not do enough for you. One of the best Guest houses we have ever stayed in. We will defiantly be going back.

In a good part of Yarmouth and the owners made us feel very welcome, wish I had booked another night

All excellent

Room was fresh with new carpets/bed/decorating etc, they very kindly let us check in 11am as room was ready, great attention paid to detail and room comfort, will stay there again

Wonderful stay
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm10

Nothing, everything we needed and more.

Wonderful hosts, very helpful and friendly. Lovely comfortable room, little extras great location for us to go to a show, lovely breakfast and nothing too much trouble. We booked for next year when leaving.

Very good stay for a very good price

The selection at breakfast was very good and there was a range of things to choose from. All the hot options were cooked fresh and were very nice at the start of the day. The rooms were spacious and had lots of little extras which were unexpected for the price that we paid. The beds were very comfy and had great night sleep every night. The owners were very welcoming and couldn't have asked for better hosts greeting us every morning for breakfast and providing top service, which I couldn't have asked for better. The location of the guest house was just a short walk from the sea front which was a great location for us as it was near everything that we needed for our stay. Overall it was a very good stay for a very good price and we will definitely be back again.

Arthur and Debbie were amazing even when we arrived late. Arthur is a great cook, salmon is nice.
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm8

I like a really dark bedroom so the windows could do with black out blinds, I must be the only one who says this.

The breakfast was out of this world gorgeous. The en-suite shower is lovely too with a proper door.

Perfectly clean, brilliant breakfast with a large variety of...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There is nothing not to like!

Perfectly clean, brilliant breakfast with a large variety of items to choose from including yoghurt, fruit, toast, all components of full cooked breakfast and a large variety of cereals to choose from. Debbie and Arthur are warm, friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Rooms are spacious, very tastefully decorated and there are lots of products provided within the room even down to plasters, nail files and a mini fridge! Very comfortable and well run. Already booked for next year to secure our place! I've been in lots of hotels and guest houses for various reasons and this is of very good value and quality. Highly recommended, you can't be disappointed!

Fantastic comfortable friendly place

Excellent family friendly place with a lovely couple. Will definitely be going back. They even thought about my daughter (whos is 3) at breakfast with paw patrol cup plate bowl and cutlery

Brilliant property, a true home from home

Having to leave!

Everything, from the owners' attitude to the cleanliness of the room, and the thought that had clearly gone into making it a true home from home, was flawless. Only complaint is that I wasn't there for longer!

Exactly what we needed!
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm9

Fantastic couple running the guest house, only too happy to help especially with parking as it was jam packed in the road however they had saved us a space by parking their car there until we arrived and allowed us the space. Room was clean and spacious. With plenty of tea coffe and got chocolate. Breakfast was brilliant, and plenty on offer. Brilliant stay. Thank you

It was brilliant
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm9

Nothing all was very good and clean

Had great stay there hosts were brilliant very very helpful anything you ask was no trouble to them would stay there again and recommend to everyone

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Fantastic place to stay at.
    • Double Room First Floor Rm2

We had a very nice stay at this guesthouse. The bedroom was very clean & the breakfast was fantastic. Debbie & Arthur are great hosts & made us so welcome. We will be going back to this guesthouse every time we come to Great yarmouth.

Lovely, cosy room, fantastic hosts and great food!
    • Single Room Second Floor Rm11

Can't think of any issues! No complaints about any of my stay.

Debbie and Arthur are fantastic hosts, and really care about you as an individual. I travelled for a job interview and they wished me luck and asked me how it went. Arrived in the evening and was greeted by Arthur who was lovely and recommended good places to eat. The room was lovely, just what I needed, really cosy and had a great range of facilities from tea and coffee, to toiletries. Breakfast was fantastic, Debbie greeted me and the food was lovely! Overall a beautiful place to stay, would definitely come again.

Perfect place to stay for a break in Great Yarmouth.

Such a lovely place to stay. Spotless room, fantastic breakfast and great location. We were especially taken with how we were greeted by our names on arrival and during breakfast. Cannot fault this place at all and we will definitely be back!

home from home
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We were greeted with a lovely warm welcome . We stayed in the family room which had bunk bed my daughter loved them . It was clean and cosy just like a home from home . We required a cot which was put up and ready for our son on arrivel. Breakfast was amazing lovely fry up made to order full range of breakfast . This will be the first hotel we will look at when booking for next year

5 stars for this B n B .
    • Double Room First Floor Rm5

Wasn't sunny but thats English weather for you

B n B very clean .everything you could want to enjoy our stay. The owners were lovely. Location very good.

Lovely place to stay
    • Double Room Second Floor Rm8

Lovely place to stay! We felt very comfortable and welcome from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The hosts made an effort to learn our names; they also took an interest in what we were doing whilst there and shared their advice when they could. Nothing was too much. This would be the first place to book in at if we go back to Great Yarmouth.

perfect place to stay i loved it
    • Single Room Second Floor Rm11

nothing bad to say about my stay.

i loved everything about stopping here. the room was perfect. location was perfect. breakfast was perfect and was such a warm welcome when i arrived. will defo be staying here again :) if you want a place to stay in great yarmouth then this is the place. this may infact be the best place i have ever stopped :)

Very enjoyable stay!
    • Double Room First Floor Rm2

Very Enjoyable Stay. Hosts were friendly and attentive throughout - It was clear they would have gone out of their way to ensure you had a nice stay. The room was lovely, spacious, good size en-suite with bath and spotless. Cleanliness is very important and this location have covered that. Great location, very close to the seafront and short walk into the centre. I was able to find parking available directly outside. Good selection of food available at breakfast (cooked breakfast and cereals etc). We will definitely recommend this guest house and return on our next visit.