Reviews of Coleshill Hotel - B&B This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

152-156 High Street, Coleshill, B46 3BG, United Kingdom

#4 of 8 hotels in Coleshill

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Nice due to heat glad it was only one night

Heat in room. Need more staff at breakfast girl was lovely and worked hard but had to wait for plates cups glasses. Running out of drinks.

Pleasant staff nice room

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Wedding weekend

everything was perfect can honestly say there's nothing we didn't like.

the hotel,the location,food was excellent and staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Really beautiful

Due to the weather rooms was really hot but that didnt really matter due to how comfy the bed was.

I was over the moon once I saw the iron bored and the iron due to my OCD with my clothes it really calmed me down, really friendly staff who was there to help you out with anything and everything i will be staying here again for us.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Nice staff, clean room breakfast was nice.

Heating was on and first room we were in was so terribly hot. Too hot to sleep in because of radiators on on a hot day.

Nice staff, clean room breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Hadn't expected luxury for price, only bad thing was the late night noise.i

Noise from the disco, people hanging around for taxis under our window until 2am We couldn't block out noise as the room was stifling hot - so warm it was really uncomfortable. Broken hot tap, something that surely could be remedied quite quickly. A fan to help with the heat would have been appreciated.

Check in was earlier than anticipated and a friendly greeting too. Bar and outdoor area pleasant, though glasses not collected very quickly, great sized car park - so no struggle to find a space. Breakfast was plentiful and quick, a bonus as we were keen to get on the road.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Stay was OK as we were with a large family, but nothing special.

The service in the restaurant for breakfast was very slow. No glasses for drinks, no spoons for cereal. We had to order breakfast it was not a buffet breakfast, we waited ages and when it arrived it was very disappointing. Ordered a sandwich for my husband and when it finally arrived it was a fish sandwich not sausage and tomato as requested. Ordered a jacket potato for lunch with cheese, again very disappointing, very dry and a tiny slice of cheese. Again waited a long time for food.

My room was ok a lot brighter than the room my daughter and grandchildren had. The young man on reception was very pleasant and helpful. Check in was hassle free.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

If I were to stay again I would ask for a room that had more natural light in it.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

room was very dull and needed light on at times. The breakfast was very disappointing and the service was terrible, waited a long time as you had to place you food order it was no a buffet breakfast. When breakfast arrived it was not what I had ordered.

The reception staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

would stay again,but would like more choice on location of rooms

our room was at the top of the building,and stairs were rather a problem for us

breakfast very good,and good choice of evening meals at reasonable prices.the bedroom was very comfortable

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Just perfect for us ....great choice at breakfast too

After attending a wedding nearby came back to a disco in the hotel ....what a fab end to a great day .reception staff very friendly and helpful ....sorting us taxis etc.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Okay and convenient for our needs

Important to know that rooms 1-5 back onto a flat roof with an air conditioning unit. This is very loud and went on all night. It felt like we were staying in the engine room of a ship! There are plenty of other room which are away from the noise so I would recommend if you are a light sleeper avoid those rooms.

The room was clean with a double aspect. Had a tv and tea making facilities. Also liked the fact there was an iron and ironing board in the room. Plenty of parking and convenient for access to major roads and NEC/business parks.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Breakfast was good.

The noise... fans from somewhere, they were on night and day. Couldn’t open windows in a really hot room due to the noise. So annoying.

Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

While the owners are away, the Staff will play.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room smelled damp and was cold. Breakfast was a farce. Revolting food, badly cooked. Dreadful service by a waitress that sat down and had her own breakfast with providing what was asked for! Won’t come back.

Quiet room

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Good value

I was pleased with the room and facilities, but because it was a very warm evening I needed to keep the window open and being a Friday night there was a lot of noise from the pub below at about 12-1am - obviously this is not something that the hotel could have much control over but just a warning that it could be a bit noisy.

Comfy bed, large shower

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Would only recommend staying in winter and avoid weekends if you want unbroken sleep.

The rooms were extremely hot and uncomfortable due to the lack of air conditioning. The noise generated by late night revellers leaving the hotel and the hotel next door around 1 am was extremely annoying and made sleep difficult.

I liked the location due to the close proximity of the NEC.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Nice location, good variety of curry houses close by. Restaurant small but food was nice.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Every floorboard in my room made noise when I walked around, the shower curtain wasn't very clean(looked old). duvet was smaller than the bed. One of the female managers didn't deal with a complaint at all(commented that she hadn't had that complaint for 3 years and nothing she could do about it) Ironing board cover could do with being replaced,

Breakfast very nice, food was nice also. Bar staff very friendly. The male manager(working the Thursday morning) very helpful and the male manager working the Tuesday evening very helpful.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

It served the purpose for what we required

We stayed at this hotel because we went to a party in the hall next to our accommodation but when returning to the hotel at 11-30pm it was like walking into a night club the music was very loud and has our room was directly above the music we didn’t get to go to sleep until it stopped at 1am not what we expected so for that reason it was a bit disappointing..

Staff very friendly and helpful, our room was very comfortable and good value for money.

Disappointed

There was a lack of organisation didn't have a lot of items on the menu for lunch and breakfast and the noise from the hotel disco not our party sounded like it was in our room and we were at the top of hotel stayed for family party hotel did food it was nice but for the price not lot of it

Staff were friendly

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

not to be repeated

smell in bathroom and fact that the self service breakfast was too simple. No fresh fruit juice, no croissants or similar even when explicitly on the menu, .... (besides the self sevice there is an ok breakfast menu). no other elements that compensate this. Small green yard behind the hotel (rooms other side of the road) looks a wilderness and gives impression they do not really care.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

I arrived quite late for check in 10 p.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I arrived quite late for check in 10 p.m as my train from London had been delayed. The manager carried my suitcase up the 2 flights of stairs which was very welcomed. The room was warm and cosy. Provided were tea making facilities, ironing board and a hair dryer. There was also a flat screen tv in the room. The bathroom was immaculate and the decor was up to date and fresh. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is a short 10 minute drive away from Birmingham International train station /airport. I would definitely stay at this hotel again in the near future. *There's also a lovely high street with a bank, supermarket and various convenience shops.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Overall very good. Had a lovely family celebration in the function room. An enjoyable visit overall.

Hotel was fine. Brother's BMW car was stolen from car park but staff were supportive with CCTV for police.

Staff were friendly. Bar prices were reasonable. Rooms lovely amd warm.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Most things good but when you cannot get sleep due to noise not for me

We where put in accommodation opposite side of road did ask if we could have main building told full. And room we had was right on front noise from vehicles going past and the front door banging every time some one came in or out so not a lot of sleep so on our experience could not recommend

In good location for what we required

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Paid for breakfast but got NO BREAKFAST due to the fact that...

No Breakfast!

Paid for breakfast but got NO BREAKFAST due to the fact that the Chef did not show up due to poor weather conditions so we was offered tea, coffee and cereal!

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

ideal location for nec.

asked for a quite room .was put into a room over the kitchen fan, which was on all day and night. second night was moved across the the road which was a little better but still had road noise and no telly.

breakfast and pub food excellent.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Absolutely no way we were gonna get much sleep at this hotel that was more like a night club!!

Live music playing till 1 just below our room, massive extractor fans for the kitchen were on till 1 just outside our room so absolutely no way to sleep, at 1 the bar closed and all the revellers poured out into the street and hung around there till 2 singing and shouting and so we got very little sleep and NONE of this was advertised otherwise we wouldn't have booked here because we knew we had an early start!! Evening meal was good but not included in the price, breakfast that was included took 45 minutes and one of them had to go back due to the poor quality of the food.

The rooms were lovely, well decorated and clean

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Handy for NEC
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bathroom was not cleaned properly, the sofa bed was not made up on arrival, we waited for 30 minutes to check in, the room faced out onto main road in town and sash windows rattled every time something drove past. I believe the rooms in the main building are better but I was glad I wasn’t in there because there was a dodgy 80’s disco evening (very loud if you have kids).

Staff were friendly especially at breakfast. Food was nice and village was cute. The location was very handy for the NEC.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

Disappointed. Very noisy room above pub.

The room was cold (granted it was -3c outside but the radiator didn’t manage to heat up the room) There was a big ventilation on the flat roof under the window producing a constant buzzing noise. Extremely loud music till 1AM on the Friday night. Not as bad on the Saturday night but we could still figure out what songs were being played. Strange smell in the corridor.

The place has some character, the staff were nice and it is convenient to go to the NEC

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

My evening meal was excellent, an indian banquet.

Despite telling me that the extractor would go off when the kitchen closed it stayed on all night. As it was outside my window it disturbed my sleep. They charged me twice and have yet to reimburse me.

My evening meal was excellent, an indian banquet. Staff were friendly especially the barman.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Noisy at the weekend.

Very noisy.We stayed from Friday to Sunday and weren’t warned on the website that there is music on both those nights.When we arrived we were told that seeing as there was music until 1am they would put us in a different room to the one we had been allocated.We were given a room in the annexe across the road.However it was at the front right opposite the main building and the noise on Friday and Saturday night was horrendous.The music was clearly audible and all the smokers outside were very noisy.At 1am all you could hear was car doors slamming and people shouting and on Saturday there was really raised voices.I hardly slept.Also it is a very noisy road due to constant traffic.Breakfast ok but not as hot as I would like but the staff did heat it up for me.We had one dinner there which was good.The window in our room didn’t lock and although it could only be opened so far it could be opened from the outside.Toilet leaked and left a constant puddle on the floor.The room looked elegant but peeling wallpaper,tatty net curtains,mouldy windows and stained pillows were unacceptable for this type of room.Would stay again but not when there is music so probably an early to midweek stay.

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: February 4, 2018

Decent place. Nice large bed. Had everything that is needed.

The music from downstairs could be heard clearly until one o clock in the morning. Not great when you need a good sleep !! Wouldn't have minded if I was aware of it previously or if I had been there for a night out.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

A great place to stay.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hotel accommodation and meals were very good. Location was near Coventry away from the busy Coventry. Staff were happy to assist. I would recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Very poor

Very small double room with very bad lighting and quite cold, considering it was December 31st the room should have been warmed up before guests arrived, the hallways smelled quite bad which I could only describe as a urine smell, the actual room smelled like a senior citizens care home.

Coffee and tea, and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2017

I booked the bridal suite for me and my partner as it was...

I booked the bridal suite for me and my partner as it was his 50th birthday thought it would be nice to have something special for him I was very disappointed with our room floor was so squeaky bed was very uncomfortable plus squeaky too never got any sleep will not stay again and certainly wouldn't recommend

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Relaxing

The hotel it’s self was lovely the staff were helpful and friendly room was clean bed comfy wud book again

The 1st morning Breakfast was lovely but breakfast Sunday wasn’t very good cooked breakfast was cold we waited a while for it to come

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

Food in the restaurant is fine
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

WLAN only possible through external Provider Invoice on the company address was not possible Although it an old english inn, an update of the rooms is necessary

Food in the restaurant is fine

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

Nice hotel, needs a bit of TLC, too much noise to sleep

Noise, there was a disco until 1am in the bar, don't stay on Friday or Saturday unless you can sleep with the noise. Bathroom needed a fan , floor very slippy in a family room this is not good Breakfast promised was not delivered, bit disappointing

Nice location, large rooms, comfy beds

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

very good stay would recommend

the service at breakfast. had to wait aprox 40 mnutes but when the breakfast came it was really good.

hotel really comfortable, staff great, bar prices not bad, breakfast very good.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Well worth the trip.

We were in a group of 7 and we ordered meals in the bar. We were asked if we wanted all the meals to come together and we said yes. My meal was probably the first meal ready and it was a little cold (as was the plate) when it arrived. Didn't complain at the time as it was a value meal and quite tasty. Didn't spoil our stay 'though.

Rooms clean and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

The room was clean and tidy, not best nights sleep due to unwelcome noises, over priced

The free wifi could not be accessed in rooms and this should be made clear. There is clearly issues with pest in attic area as scratching noises could be heard throughout the night. If not pest and protected spices this again should be made clear.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

Maybe I got a bad room but not going back as there are other places to stay in and around the area.

WiFi was unuseable so I had to rely on tethering to my mobile. Not good for foreign visitors. I told reception but was told they would "reboot the system" (which I imagine is turning the router off and on again) but that I might have been in a dead spot, They suggested that I went downstairs to the bar but I don't think that's the point when working away. Although the central heating was on in the room I found it chilly and couldn't get warm all night. The room also looked out over the kitchen/bar roof that had a large extractor hood which was right outside one of the room's windows. This made a constant, loud hum all evening until they closed.

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Not worth £105

Very uncomfortable bed Loud noise until 1:30am RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR WINDOW

Location was perfect Hotel was very nice to look at Breakfast was lovely Staff friendly

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

On the whole it was pleasant enough.. Perhaps the staff need some training updates?

Speed of service in restaurant was very very slow. Asked for toilet seat to be repaired but it didn't get done. Room very dark, hard to read even with all lights switched on.

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Nice place but need more staff.

Waiting so long for food. Nowhere to sit in bar after dinner as a DJ was the entertainment and it was far too busy. Thought it was going to be a quiet country inn. Partner sent his breakfast back, looked like they'd tried to spread it on his toast to make it look more... Didn't think it was worth £97.50 B&B.

Staff were cheerful and friendly but not enough of them! 20% off dinner bill due to waiting so long for courses. Nice big bed.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

The atmosphere is very good as always.

Too many people arriving at breakfast at the same time ment longer than normal wait for breakfast but the breakfast was very good. Staff always apologetic.

The atmosphere is very good as always. My fifth visit.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

The usual mix of good and bad though on the whole ok - may come again. 7 out of 10.

we had rm14 - two singles which we like, but, mattresses were both a bit tired and starting to sag in the middle. wifi in our room kept dropping out - we tried to stream a film (the tv was busted but that was all resolved satisfactorily so not a black mark against the hotel) into an ipad but the wifi really struggled.

staff were very helpful and friendly. plenty of tea making stuff with the all essential biscuits - we don't return to hotels which are missing the biscuits.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2017

comfy bedrooms but if you want a good nights sleep not the place to stay or to have a meal

food was poor , especially breakfast sausages tasted sour , so were left ........ also looked as though breakfast was just slapped on the plate ........... we all like to go away for a good time especially when with friends but to have drunks knocking on your room door thinking they were at there room door not good especially when your a group of women

rooms were comfy plenty of choice in tea and coffee ..........

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

Nice location, food and staff
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Would like tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

The staff couldn’t have been more helpful. Ideal stay for visiting the NEC. The breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

Cosy and a real treat for my partner who is spanish to see a classic British hotel.

The only thing was the duvet was very thick so I didn't sleep with that on so maybe a sheet along with it would be helpful But that's the only minor thing

Everything our dinner and breakfast where gorgeous and the room was lovely.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

Charged for not staying, refused a room despite showing booking confirmation.

My engineer Wasn't allowed to stay as the confirmation was not honoured. He had to find an alternative at 8.30pm after a very long days work. I was then charged for the room because he didn't show up!

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Truly appalling - never stay in a Greene King pub again

Everything! Poor decoration, impolite staff, slow service, poor food, and noisy music late into the early morning.

Nothing! Impossible to sleep, with loud music from the bar playing until 1.00pm. The hotel management denied this was a problem, and refused any request for compensation. Plus the breakfast the next morning was lousy!

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Lovely room, very poor customer service.

On arrival - sign on door 'closed for mini refurb', I'd had no prior notification of this, the front door was locked, I couldn't see anyone around, so went in via the back door through the room the workmen were in. Upon finding the manager, I was basically told off for going through the room the men were working in & I should have rung the door bell. The rooms are not sound proof to say the least, from the bar delivery, to staff chatting to hearing other people's mobile phone conversations, we could hear it all. The next morning, the staff were a lot more pleasant, I explained that I had contacted the hotel prior to my arrival, requesting a vegan breakfast, as I could see the hotel catered for vegans. I was told that if I explained this to the waitress at breakfast, it would be fine. It wasn't. No egg/dairy free alternatives, so the breakfast I@d paid for consisted of half an unripe grilled tomato, one mushroom, 2 small hashbrowns and some cold beans. The margarine provided had milk in.

The room was spotlessly clean, the bed was very comfy & the room was warm - (stayed at the end of October)

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Disappointing :(
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

VERY loud music till early hours,No shelves in bathroom for toiletries. My brother and family had to move rooms due to a very strong smell of damp.Our rooms were split between 2 buildings?Food BLAND.

Decor, building

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Comfortable but woudn't recommend!

Restaurant food dreadful!

Food and restaurant let this place down completely. pre ordered food that they then didn't have! Even the scrambled egg was too poor to eat!! Rooms clean and comfortable but rather noisey!

• Reviewed: October 29, 2017

Adequate for what we needed

The room was awfully stuffy and although we had the windows open because we were at the front we were kept awake until 2am as there were groups of youths underneath our window

The large bed

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

Cheaper accom...not what we are used to..will never go again

Whole place had a horrid smell, including our first room, and smelt of stale beer throughout. Also all the food was very cool to cold ,despite it no being very busy

Not much actually

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

Awful

The management of this hotel have no concept of service or that they are there to give any sort of pleasant treatment of guests. please remove this establishment from booking.com if you want any more of my business. The manager Andy needs training on customer service. The treatment we received was atrocious. 7 rooms booked. 7 unhappy customers. The food is probably the worst in the UK and Andy believes he is a chef, unfortunately they burn everything on the few occasions they get the order right which is not often. When you complain you are thrown out. I am not very experienced complaining but I am certain you are allowed to do so without being asked to leave. It also took 90 minutes for my main to arrive then Andy removed it before I had a bite. I am afraid I would not allow him to run a bath let alone a hotel. I think you get the picture. The police were called and after a further 90 minute wait we were allowed to leave without paying for that nights rooms despite having booked a non refundable! I think you get the picture. I shall of course be taking the matter up with English Inns and Green King.

Nothing that would make me want to go anywhere near this place ever again. Andy who claims to be both the manager and a chef is the most obnoxious person to run a hotel. He is a bully. He took an instant dislike to a gentleman in our party and told him he was in the haunted room where a little boy had hanged himself! The man is distasteful in the extreme.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

We wouldn't stay again. Overall experience was inadequate.

The whole property smelt of disinfectant - bar, restaurant, mainly downstairs The staff weren't overly friendly The service was incredibly slow - took 35 mins for breakfast to be served The food was OK. Bar staff were also slow in serving dinner and forgot to change over courses without us asking/reminding them The pub opens late with very loud music, we couldn't sleep The room was very cold - the heating wasn't working, we had to ask for a second duvet The lighting in the bedroom was poor - I would suggest the owners stay in all their rooms themselves to understand how simple things work, like lighting for make up in bedroom when partner is using shower. Plus point for hair dryer to mirror. Toilet roll holder was falling down. Rooms felt very 'dark. for the price, I expected a much higher standard of stay.

It was conveniently located for our weekend needs

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Ok, dissa
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very noisy in evening due to bar. Poor availability of food, lots not available, no croissants, pastries etc. Cold in bedrooms and dining area

Comfy bed Close to NEC

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Quaint hotel, nice staff, but poor set up of rooms and inexperienced staff.

Too many things too mention, staff checked in wrong family to my room, room cold, window open, room 2 metres from extractor fan, promised heating didn't get any. Lumpy quilt, broken toilet flush. Asked for large wine, received small when questioned staff wouldn't accept that until compared with another customer. Worst of all, music from bar on until 1am directly below bedroom.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Not recommended unless you are there for a party or are a heavy sleeper.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We were in an Annex directly across from the hotel which also happens to be a nightclub and so between 1am and 2.30am we were kept awake by drunken people shouting and breaking glasses, tooting taxis and screeching cars. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you are clubbing at the hotel or a very heavy sleeper. The breakfast was mediocre to say the least.

The staff were lovely, the room was clean and the beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Very close to NEC. Lovely Staff. Clean, comfortable and lots of character. Lovely food.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

A bit noisy at night as the bar and beer garden stay open until 1am (Friday) - it didn’t bother us too much though.

We stayed in the very quaint family room annexe which had so much character. It is just 10 mins away from the NEC so was perfectly located for us and the breakfast was beautiful. The staff are lovely, nothing is too much trouble for them.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Ours was a short stay so found hotel fit for our purpose.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Fist options for both breakfast (2nd morning) and dinner were not available, dispite being early for both meals. The noise level from the bar on Saturday night was very high dispite room being situated at the front of the property and the bar at back, were warned bar open until 1am. Only small wardrobe in the room not suitable for long stay,not a big problem for us as only staying two nights. No soap or shampoo in room(forgot our own) and needed to pick up from front desk ourselves.

Front desk staff very helpful. Requested a carry out breakfast, ordered sandwiches which were great. Bed was comfortable and bathroom large and plenty of hot water. Location good for us as only 10-15 minutes drive from airport via M42, yet it's in country town.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2017

Good room with comfy bed

Hotel needs to decide if it's a hotel or night venue, music to 1.30am very load. Breakfast not good, warmed up bacon from day before or hours before we ate it.

Bed comfortable and pillows, room good size and clean.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Good value .

Evening meal took an hour to arrive . Twice me,bears of the party had one item of food on their plate which was not hot. Very noisy Friday night, Sat better but still lot of noise.

Staff friendly and welcoming. Rooms and bathrooms clean.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Pleasant staff make a great stay

Bedrooms are a bit dark. Can be noisy at nigh.

Really friendly staff. Lovely walks around the town. Close proximity to NEC. Lots of places to eat in the town as well as in the hotel.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Comfatable bedrooms service was a little slow at breakfast

Dissatisfied with breakfast toast undercooked bacon wasn't cooked it had black griddle marks on it rosti was greasy

Bed was very comfortable reception were pleasant and welcoming

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

long wait for breakfast! even longer wait for call from manager!!

Breakfast! We went down for breakfast at 8.50am. There were only 3 other occupied tables,. After 10mins wait, we had to call the waitress over, to ask for tea/coffee and to order breakfast. Whilst waiting, we went up to get some pastries /fruit. There was only one apple left on the stand, so asked if we could have some pastries. We were informed that there wasn't anymore! Although, there were more apples, if we wanted them! The poor waitress kept apologising for the wait, whenever she was asked, how long more, it would be. The tables were filling up by this point and everyone was getting agitated by the wait. Our breakfast finally arrived, after just over one hours wait!!! When we checked out, I asked the receptionist how best to complain. She advised either online or she could pass on our complaint to the manager and he could give us a call. We chose to complain directly to the hotel and request a call from the manager. I explained the issues that we'd had over breakfast and the receptionist advised that pastries are "First come, first served"!!! She also offered us, more 'apples'!! I suggested that the hotel should have known how many guests they had staying and should have ensured that there was enough pastries and fruit (not just apples). She advised that they the pastries are frozen and they only take out a certain amount and wouldn't take out one pastry per guest, as that would be a waste of food! We stayed at this B&B on 10.06.17, we are still awaiting a call from the manager!!

Bed was comfortable. Handy location.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Location good but hotel very noisy

We had to complain about the noise both nights but were told it was like that at weekends The waiting time for the breakfast and the evening meal ran to about an hour due to not much staff

Rooms were comfortable and clean fresh towels daily The staff were friendly

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Coleshill hotel- B&B

The ceiling was flaking above the bed. The wall was flaking behind the wardrobe. General maintenance wasn't brilliant.

The buffet breakfast was a great idea. The bed was comfy, a few friends said different. The staff were very friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2017

Great value and very friendly

The hotel could do with a little refurbishing - paint peeling here and there. I expect the chain that owns them may do this in the future. They could have done with a few more bar staff as being a very popular evening venue with locals it took quite a long time to be served. Also I think the mattresses and pillows might be due for a change as a little lumpy. It can get quite noisy later on at night but we overlooked that as we enjoy a night out ourselves, so why shouldn't others..

The manager was very welcoming and upgraded our room to a cooler area of the hotel due to the immense heat that weekend. Ask for room 9 if you prefer two windows! All the staff were very pleasant and the meals we had in both the evening and breakfast were very tasty. The hotel was extremely accomodating to our friends and relatives attending the wedding in their function suite next door, which I can recommend highly for anyone thinking of using it.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

Great place

We had to wait a little while for our breakfast on the second morning which was a pain as we wanted to get off home quickly

I really liked the location and the comfortable bed, the bedroom was decorated lovely and cosy

• Reviewed: June 5, 2017

Nice hotel just needs a few tweaks

Was on top floor and only 1 of the 3 window catches actually worked or was even fitted some were hanging by 1 screw only. Lucky adults stopped in property children could have easily fell onto roof below. Breakfast 8-10 8.15 no hot food not cooked still at 8.50 no hot food when eventuality came was Luke warm . Delayed our start home by a hour as sat waiting for food.

Location, room was good, staff polite , food was ok. Parked right outside and accommodation was straight across the road .

• Reviewed: May 28, 2017

Nice hotel but not good in hot weather

It was two hot nights, and the hotel refused to provide a fan (no a/c), citing health and safety as an excuse. This meant my partner got no sleep at all on one of the nights we stayed.

Location, decoration, food

• Reviewed: May 20, 2017

Good location but disappointing stay overall.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

It was freezing! An old building and no heating with bedroom windows left open too! We requested a family room with a double bed and single bed but got a sofa bed instead so not as comfy. There were no extra bedding or blankets to put on beds which were needed as the heating never came on. The sofa bed hadn't been made up but when mentioned to staff this was dealt with straight away. It was also cold in the restaurant for breakfast, and not all menu was there, no fruit salad and v limited pastries. First waitress was a bit rude too.

Nice size room and v clean room and bathroom. Location was ideal for the NEC.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2017

I would recommend this hotel and I'll definitely stay again

very loud and noisy bar area music is so loud you can't even hear your own conversations.

Staff are friendly and accommodating and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2017

Very disappointing.

The staff were rude and didn't smile once. The rooms weren't clean, our bathroom had a tile hanging off the wall. The bar was open until 1am playing incredibly loud music so didn't sleep until around 1.30am. Also overly warm despite turning heating off and opening all windows. Breakfast was terrible, again staff were rude and didn't seem to know what they were doing. Breakfast arrived cold and wasn't great. Felt really unwelcomed. Will not be staying here again. If you want value for money and friendly service I recommend the swan next door.

It was central for where we needed to be