Reviews of Commodore Hotel 4 stars

#833 of 977 hotels in London

6.2

5.9

6.2

Breakfast was poor . No english breakfast served. Coffee had to be individually ordered - no machine in dining room. Not enough staff on in dining room. Had to ask for cutlery and crockery amd refill juices etc. Sunday morning breakfast served till 11am - we went diwn at 0940 - no bread left! Felt sorry for staff. Theres two supermarkets in walking distance - surely a staff member could fetch bread. Also ran out of yogurt and fruit salad. Breakfast very poor - but everything else great.

Commodore hotel closed for refurbishment so we were transfered to sister hotel which had just been opened. Everything clean/ brand new.

Small rooms. Untrained staff. Loud housekeepers. Loud speakers in floors corridors. Bad sound isolation. Uncomfortable mattresses. No gym as stated. Far from 4 stars hotel.

I am here rating the k hotels to which we were transferred because of the renovation of Commodore hotel.

The WIFI was not that good (really slow) but all other facilities were OK. I have the feeling that this hotel has a little bit of a backlog on the maintenance. Some details were not like you expect in a luxury hotel!

Nice bed to sleep in, great location next to hyde park. Because it was also close to the tube (Central Line) it was very usefull to get to my work in Ealing and White City. Also the staff was really friendly!

Very bad service at reception. A young receptionist lady thinking she knows everything. Hotel in very bad shape, not clean, carpets in the hallway destroyed etc. No choice for food at breakfast. All meat was pork meat. No other choice.

I liked that I left the hotel!

• Suite

- What looked like blood stains on the walls and carpet - Staff were too casual and blunt - Can't take key when leaving premises - I've seen public toilets with less stains on the floor than the carpets here! - Bathroom and bedroom looked out onto other guests bathroom - Carpet was tripping hazard on the stairs - Radiator leaked leaving surround carpet soaking - Hair clips and cigarette filters dotted around the room that weren't mine, showing a thorough clean between guests - A very unsecure room door

Location was convenient and the building itself is fully character and has a lot of potential if it were to have a multimillion pound make over.

The Property could do with a bit of a facelift and the bathroom was quite basic- if it had been more expensive I would have been disappointed but you get what you pay for I suppose

Excellent price/ decent breakfast and good location- you get what you pay for and more

Our room was in the basement. Wi-fi was terrible. There was no room service - when we asked the staff gave us a pizza restaurant's brochure and told us that we could order from there. There were insects in the bathroom.

The location was great and the staff was very friendly.

The room was nothing special and nothing compared to the photos on Booking.com. It said free Wifi but the Hotel told us that the wifi-company had some issues so we had no wifi at all.. for 4 days. The gym was tiny. I mean, for a 4-star hotel in London we expected more. Best way to say it.

The location was fine, 30 min. walk to Oxford street but only 5 min walk to nearest underground. The was okey.

Very squeaky floor boards felt sorry for people underneath me . Iron bed 🛏. Arrived at 12 asked if possible to check in now instead of 2 no effort made to accomadate this .

location is brilliant bus on main road takes you to Piccadilly or Victoria. Room was nice and warm .Very

Reception staff are very rude, very old and ugly rooms and extremely dirty. I didn't like the room and facility at all... staff are not professional at all especially housekeeping supervisor and reception staff; i booked 1 double bed room they gave me two single bed room.

Had massive problems with the electronic door key that was eventually fixed 1 hour before check out. Did not appreciate all the ups and downs trying to get it fixed. The staff were as helpful as they could be but still did not get my door fixed.

All staff very helpful and happy to help. Breakfast was OK but would have liked access to fresh tea bags rather than a ready made flask especially as the full English was £12.95!

Very worn down hotel, in serious need of refurbishment. Air conditioning unit in the room very poor. Bed not comfortable An air compressor or similar turned on at 6.30 right outside window making a constant loud noise, which was still going when I left at 10am

Location is great, very quiet, close to the tube and Hyde Park

This is NOT a 4 star hotel by any stretch of the imagination. People who have said in reviews it is more a 2 star are absolutely correct. VERY dated Room was not serviced - after going into the room and then back to reception to say the room had not been serviced I was made to feel as though I had made the mess even though I had only just arrived Replacement room:- Plug socket smashed side table lamp not working Carpet old, dirty and stained Radiator set on high and unable to switch off - it was like a sauna Furniture dated and unloved Door to the tea cabinet about to fall off Wonkey, loose lights above pictures Bathroom products old, looked like they had been topped up and reused Internet VERY slow and poor Damp in the corner of the room just painted over Explained all of the above at reception on departure and had to request a manger to contact me. Should of had an email to go through the above point but no-one has bothered to get back. Several opportunities to rectify the rubbish service but not taken by the hotel. Simply this is the worst faulty towers I've ever been in.

There was a young blonde receptionist who I found rude and insolent, she is in the wrong job! The wifi didn't work throughout our two night stay, which looking at other reviews seems to be an issue that needs sorting if you're going to advertise it! The room "executive double" was not exactly executive. Extremely thin duvets, didn't look to have been hoovered. Just generally disappointing and dated.

The entrance lobby looks nice so a misleading start! I think members of staff Mathilde and Mohammed were very polite and helpful

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

Whilst recently refurbished the apartment lacked much care. The bathrooms were not thoroughly clean when we arrived. The dishwasher did not work properly (although we were shown how to make it work - the door needed lifting so it shut properly!). And the kitchen would have benefited from dishcloths, tea towels and washing liquid. The apartment was also in the basement so had no views (and did mean it was a little noisy when there were residents in the apartment above us at night).

We had a 2-bed apartment for a family of 5. Very spacious and recently refurbished. Beds were very comfortable. Two bathrooms with good walk-in showers. Two televisions with standard cable channels. Kitchen with oven, fridge freezer, microwave, washing machine and dishwasher. On balance good value for money.

See above

Just would be nice if the dishwasher worked, and would be really helpful to have oven gloves in place, and a couple of tea towels, and some place mats, More tea bags for arrival as the it is apartment for two and tea bags really do cost nothing, but in England they go miles to making us brits very happy campers!, a little 45p carton of milk in the fridge would go miles and offer continental breakfast in a basket that you could have in the Apartment, You could sell it as an add on and I wouldn't have to cost you a fortune to put together, Pot of cereal, or pot of Instant porridge Quesant, orange juice, breakfast bar, Latte sachet, you can 5 of them from waitrose! for 2 quid, Think of the profit and the happy faces! put that in a basket lined with a gingham napkin and presto! Breakfast kit, Add your logo on a Tag an your done. Some signs to show you how to use the heaters would be very useful. Finally a Notice When you come in the apartment that Simply Says Dear Guests "Welcome to the Commodore Apart Hotel Apartment" We are so happy you have chosen to stay with us, We really hope you enjoy your stay if you need anything, nothing is too much so please if there is anything, extra pillow blankets etc, Please dial or etc, Instructions for the TV and Heater, Dishwasher, cooker are in .. Thank You The Management. Owner ETC. Your staff were very friendly the location was good for what we wanted, Check in time was good, or though would like to be a little earlier, however check out time was good, and it can see you need the turn around time. Thank you and I hope you take on the feedback. Jacky

• Executive Double Room

I found a Cockroach in my room .. and I asked the staff for help .. The hotel smells very bad .. room smell like bathroom. Everything is too old even the carpet . I coudnt complete the reat of my days with them and I moved to another hotel. I aksed them to refund the remaining amount since I left the hotel becouse of the poor cleans and with the present of the cockroach but the refused !! Actully with such dirty and less cleanless, smelly oldy rooms .. they should be rated as 2 or max. 3 stars ..

Nothing at all and not recommended hotel

• Suite

Mattress was very thin, making the bed uncomfortable. Tea set was dirty. Empty beer can left on balcony. Dust on the sides and surfaces too.

Room looked good. Perfect location.

I can answer this quicker by you asking me what did I like...the answer nothing!

Worst hotel and customer service I have ever experienced. I would advise all to avoid this awful hotel. Also, they take a safety deposit from you on arrival..£100 From me as I booked 2 rooms. I visited on 3rd Dec and 27 days later have still not been refunded this money. Hotel ignore emails and then advise they have no record of you even staying. Rooms are awful, hotel smells like a sewer and the staff...don't get me started on the ignorant staff.

Took a £50 deposit ON TOP of room charge and they said it could be over 5-7 days before I get it back. The £50 was fine however, it’s christmas time and that is a long time to wait for your own money back

Really close to tube station so easy to get around london

My room was a small bit small but that’s my own fault when booking,

That was my second time staying there and it’s the location and the staff that would make me stay again

I really had nothing to complain. We had a very short stay.

We came to stay on christmas just so we could be near to oxford street for boxing day. We arrived that night greeted by the receptionist who was kind enough to upgrade our room to a bigger one seeing that we have a toddler. Being someone who has to work on christmas she was really2 pleasant (i forgot to get her name). True enough the room was spacious and warm and clean. Its not fancy, but a value for money if you ask me.

The rooms are small, so not that convenient if you are traveling with young kids. The elevator must have been the smallest I have ever been in. If you are in the 7th floor you'll have to walk the last one, as the elevator only goes to 6... Look at this hotel as the cosy, tiny, not expensive (for London standards) hotel worth it pro's and cons. Overall it's good. Oh, and the breakfast is very nice (but not included, unfortunately). All in all London is very nice, but not cheap.... This is what you pay for.

Location is smack right in the center of London. Walk out of the door and you're in Hyde park, walk around the corner and you're in Notting Hill. Tube footsteps away, just a great location.

We didn’t get a nice view but was only a place to sleep

Happily looked after our suitcases until the evening after we checked out in the morning. Thank you

Blocking 50.-£ on my cc.as a 'guarantee'was a surprise for us.

Location of the hotel is excellent! Stayed on the 7th floor,room was small,but very comfortable.

Bed frame/base was stained Old fashioned fittings/curtains Bed seen better days Carpets stained Lift poor Security poor

Location. Sheets and towels were clean and comfy pillows

• Suite

A few of the lightbulbs were not working but I guess it fits the style here :)

It's a giant suite that feels like it has been stuck in a time capsule. What more could I ask for?

• Suite

A few blue toned LED lightbulbs - stick to warm tones or incandescent bulbs. The chandeliers are not on a dimmer switch. They charge a GBP50 deposit, so be sure to bring cash if you pay in advance - a strange practice but worth it to get this room.

London is filled with business hotels with boring modernized rooms. This one has not been updated. Huge suite with traditional furnishings, an upstairs reading lounge, and three balconies. Soft towels, great water pressure, lots of art on the walls. Yes it shows signs of age, but for me this only adds to the character. My new favorite hotel in Paddington!

This is not a dislike, it is more like a suggestion: For the breakfast, it would be really helpful if lactose and gluten free options could be offered.

The staff is extremelly helpfull and pleasant. The information provided was clear and all doubts addressed immediatelly. The bed sheets were clean and the room warm and cousy. Overall, an excellent value for money.

Cleanliness - found a finger/toe nail in the bed. Generally the room décor/fixtures and fittings look tired

Bed was comfy, room was nice in terms of having a balcony and outside seating area.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Not one 4 stars. Is one 2 stars maximum.Everything was bad. Starting by the employees. Only the luggage man was kind. Actually they are doing their best with very little possibility and I guess salary. The room was 9m2. So mall that I didn't know if I could put in all my 4 luggages? Then the horrible bed, not only uncomfortable but also very very dirty matelas. As the cover matelas was just a shiit left like this without attaching. The internet coverage was not good. Breakfast was like a rest of food left there for weeks.

Nothing absolutely nothing. Just maybe the address. And Hyde Park of course just next to it

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone! The room was ridiculously small. The staff was rude...........particularly at the reception. TV didn't work even after I asked them to fix it. Terrible!

Absolutely nothing.

WiFi was very poor quality, and unsecured. This was a business trip, and trying to organise prepayment of £50 bond was challenging, and took a number of weeks to resolve.

The meeting room was convenient (warm, quiet, with table and chair) for studying in during the evening.

• Executive Double Room

Rooms were not made up daily but did get clean towels daily. Toilet paper ran out on 3rd day as rooms were not checked also bins were not cleared daily.

Room,bed comfortable. Tiles in bathroom very grubby especially the grout. Breakfast was good but coffee could be hotter!

• Executive Double Room

Worst hotel I have stayed in for many years. This was far from a 4 Star hotel, perhaps 2 Star at best.

No positive aspects. Poor hotel, unfriendly staff very dated room, dreadful bathroom.

• Suite

We stayed in the Viceroy's suite and it was wonderful. The four poster bed was very comfortable and the room and ambience quintessentially English. Great location too

Decor was falling off the walls, cracked tiles, extremely heavy fire door which you had to open to get out of your room, tv behind the fire door

The bathroom was nice a big

• Suite

The food on the menu was all indian? and they only had one meal on there.. the bed was rock hard, there was no greeting from reception, it was not worth the price.

I booked a single room and it turned out to be very small; it actually was so small I banged several times into the furniture. The hotel residents also have to carry their bags on their own up to their rooms and search for their rooms upon check in; I had 3 bulky luggage bags and no staff member offered any help.

The location is good. The hotel also had good heating.

We arrived 20 minutes early and then when the time came to check in the computer system broke down. We know these things happen and it was obvious they were trying to solve the problem. However the little things count. We ordered tea for two while waiting and no biscuits and still charged for the inconvenience. many others waiting around as well. On checking out the young lady didn't know how to smile and very starchy, bordering hostile. (not in the right job obviously) The rest of the team where really lovely and helpful. Mini bar reasonable prices for London. Most items £1.50. that was good for a Hotel in London not far from Oxford Street. Room was clean and spacious with plenty of power sockets.

Not far from the tube station and far enough from the noise of the main road.

I arrived at roughly 2pm. For about one and a half hours after I arrived, I could still hear the cleaners making noise and arguing very loudly outside my room. The carpet was very dirty. All the furniture was very old and needed refurbishment. To top it off, I found a dirty tissue and gum behind the bed side table which gives me doubt about how thoroughly these rooms are cleaned. Also forget charging your phone next to the bed (they have strange proprietary plugs), or having reasonable table space to do any work.

Staff were pleasant and tended to the issue regarding cleanliness I informed them about straight away (which is something I would expect).

I booked a twin but the room was set-up as a double. Not great as we didn’t get to the hotel until about 11:30pm and we were tired. We had to wait whilst they changed the set-up. No mention of a different room 👎 I thought the hotel was scabby and certainly not 4 star

• Executive Double Room

Little room maintenance on the light bulb front, bedside light didn’t have a bulb, the other bedside light gives an electric shock if not careful an two were out in the bathroom, balcony needs a tidy as coke can an cigarette butts left on floor.

Breakfast was lovely!

Housekeeping staff didn't make my room on the 2nd day! On third day they had just folded the dirty towels/pillow cases to be re-used!! On my check out, they claimed I had used the mini bar???!!! I never use hotel mini bars, because they are ridiculously expensive!!!!

The old English designs & the surrounding area.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

Waited over an hour so didn’t check in until after 4pm as the room wasn’t ready. The room was too hot and the thermostat faulty. One shower flooded. Bedroom Tv wouldn’t turn on, phone to reception didn’t work which meant walking up the street to the main lobby as the apartment wasn’t attached to main hotel. Badly in need of refurbishment to be classed as a 4 star hotel.

Spacious rooms with underground heating and a good, quiet location near Hyde park, stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment. The room was clean. Speedy check in/out.

Window blind not working properly. Sink overflow leaked onto bathroom floor. Shower door did not shut properly.

Convenient location. Room generally acceptable

The room was very small, and the heater in the room was making a strange and loud sound. It was needed to get up several times a night to rotate left/right the temp adjuster because it was the only was to stop the sound!

The staff was very polite and very nice. The location was very good. The lobby room was very authentic.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

The breakfast staff - beyond rude!! Very short and not good English - the pub down the road the swan serves a decent breakfast without attitude!! Reception staff helpful but when I complained about the breakfast service and staff - sealed to be put in there place by the bad staff! The carpets in our appartment was rotten/heavily soiled and covered with a random rug! We had a random power cut so non of us could see anything! However the apartment was very big and suited our needs, but still the carpet should have been clean! All in all if your main priority is location then this is fine, but just make sure you go to the swan pub for breakfast! And FYI lots of other guests were complaining each time we stopped in to reception!!

The area very close to Hyde park, close to underground station and museums easily walked to!

The staff gave me a room which had an incredibly disgusting smell and I am surprised they give our rooms like this without checking. Moreover, on the last day the cleaner forgot to close my hotel room door. So for majority of the time, my room was open for everyone and it had a lot of valuables. Luckily, no one all of my belongings were in the right place. But still. I think the hotel is overrated. The facilities aren’t worth 4*. It’s a 3* Hotel. And the carelessness of the hotel staff just supports it...

I really liked the location.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel rang us at 7 o'clock on the evening of our arrival to tell us there was a maintenance problem with one of the rooms. We had booked a double room apartment. They offered us two single rooms and a double instead and finally under pressure gave us 2 double rooms beside each other. Hardly what we had booked but adequate for 1 night. Hotel rooms look shabby and tired. Very worn carpets and jaded dated looking bathrooms. Lot of noise from staff in middle of the night too. I would not rush back there. Shame as good location. Not 4 star by any stretch of the imagination

• Suite

The repair work on ceiling did not maintain the elaborate boarder and the balcony required a new table and chairs

Beautiful room with balcony strongly recommend it was like stepping back into the 19th century

• One-Bedroom Apartment

It was up a lot of flights of stairs and the bed settee was very uncomfortable

We were upgraded so had 2 double beds. The bathroom and en suit were great.

We ordered a taxi to take us to Victoria Coach Station, the unexpected Uber driver got lost because of road closures and we missed our booked coach. It cost us 122 pounds for our train to Cornwall, sowe were not pleased. We had expected a proper London taxi.

The room was pretty gross and the beds were super uncomfortable. It was also questionable whether or not the sheets were clean. We had to lug our huge amount of luggage up and down spiral staircases because the elevator did not reach our room!

We needed a last minute hotel at 12pm and they were happy to accommodate.

This time our room was very small and in the basement with a very a small bathroom - definitely felt like we would had been demoted to the poorer rooms.

We've stayed here a number of times, great location and quiet rooms, friendly staff

The filthy carpets, the broken light, tap and curtains. The black mold in shower and on tiles. The noisy air conditioning unit outside window. The pokey little room with tatty old furniture.

The location good for getting to Hyde Park

the hotel was not four star rating as advertised the list is to long to type up it. do not book this hotel we paid over £200 for two night.s stay the mattress was covered in blood. carpet's fread bare bathroom no comment noise all night booking . com should check this out before listing

My girlfriend left her new dress in the room. We called as soon as we realised then they said to call back in an hour. We called back and they said to call back again in 30 minutes. We called back and they said to call back again!! get the picture? then they finally called back at 5pm (we were on the train heading home) we had been waiting all day. then they said they dont have it. We know it was definately in the bathroom hangin up as we bpothj saw it as we left but just forgot to pick it up! Disapoitning as someone now has a nice new dress!

Staff on reception were friendly and close to centre

Such a small room that there was hardly enough room to move. There was only enough space for one person to open their suitcase at a time.

Beds were comfortable and room was clean

No proper room but a kind of storage attic room, overheated, not clean, old bed. TV and phone not switched on, so clearly the room has not been properly prepared for customer arrival. It is a shame to give such rooms to clients. Plus, fire alarm switched on at 3 am. I had to argue a lot to get a normal room for the second night. Some enployees have no sense of customer service. One asked me to pick up my luggage myself to the new room in spite of all the inconvenience I had. Breakfast with cheap ham, jam and juices. No fresh croissants but dried ones and only bred toast.

Hotel location is good.

hm...hard to say from what i remember! Let's just leave it like that :-)

nothing to add to the rating given above per overall i was quite satified

The size of the room I stayed was higher than expected, however, the furniture is very old, in need of a makeover. I did not dare put clothes in the closet for fear they would smell like dusty things. The shower and sink taps are very old and do not work properly, requiring huge time to control the temperature of the water and thus by expending a lot of water.

The hotel has a beautiful facade and reception and is very well located in an area very close to Hyde Park. You can walk to most points of interest.

Being charged full room price and THEN being asked for an extra £50 deposit - crazy rules that really took the shine off our visit. Also being told that an early check in wasn't possible without even checking with housekeeping?

Receptionwas very rood with the customer, He changed two rooms but booths was very dirty and bed, Bathroom, All towels was used, We complained to the reception after 3 hours they came and checked the room.

cleanliness was a small issue. There were yellow stains on the white bed sheets.

One worker in particular made my stay at the Commodore fantastic. His name is Daniel. He went out of his way to make my stay extraordinary. So friendly, so polite and professional. Always had a smile on his face. I can't thank him enough. I'd recommend the Commodore to my friends and tell them to ask for Daniel.

Some items not working until reported - then swiftly rectified e.g. All reported within first hour of room check in - Hairdryer, telephone, television remote control, kettle

Good bed linen and towels

• One-Bedroom Apartment

1- bed mattress is very poor in quality and not comfortable at all. 2- cleaning of the apartment is done once a week, or else it can be done at your own request for an extra of 35 pounds/day. 3- No elevator, so we had to climb the stairs to our apartment at the third level. we have requested them to change our apartment to a lower level since we have two small kids and it is difficult for them to climb the stairs but, unfortunately nothing has happened. 4- there is no intercom system (phone) that connect hotel apartment to the reception or room service. our apartment was located in a different building (100Meter) away from the main hotel building. so, we had to climb down the stairs and walk to the reception if we needed something. 5- SAFE are not available, although it is listed in the hotel amenities shown on your booking.com website. anyway, we have asked the hotel staff to provide one but NO responding.

the location of the hotel is very good located in central London next to Hyde park

• Executive Double Room

Hair Dryer didn't work. The bed wasn't that comfy. The carpets were dirty. The maid walked in on us early Saturday morning. The standard of the room service food wasn't the best. And for an Exclusive room the view of a small internal court yard covered in bird droppings wasn't ideal.

Location was great for Hyde Park.

• Executive Double Room

Carpet thread worn, Stained Carpet, Stained bed cover, Desk light not working, plug sockets UNDER the desk, Housekeeper left bottle of bleach in the bathroom after cleaning, Room & bathroom very small

The TV in the living room was only tuned to Arab SAT so we didn't actually use it on our one night stay.

We were upgraded to an apartment which was huge and had the bonus of having a fully equipped kitchen allowing us to make our own breakfast and picnic for the day ahead. Quiet location and comfortable bed contributed to a great nights sleep.

• Suite

Hotel is old and tired and in need of serious upgrade! Carpets were filthy, so was the shower and the bed had a huge dip in the very thin mattress. We had suite 11 which was not a suite, but had a separate toilet in the hallway downstairs! The bedroom was no bigger than a normal double room and the "bathroom" was a pokey shower room no bigger than in a Blackpool B&B! Was asked to pay a separate £50 deposit and setlle my bill before we were given keys? How this can carry a 4* rating is beyond me!

Location was good for Hyde Park

• Executive Double Room

This hotel was grubby, in the common areas carpets were frayed, warn. I paid extra for a executive room, there was mold on the walls, the carpet in the room was dirty. Bathroom window did not close fully. Housekeeping were terrible, had to ask for towels to be replaced, asked for glassware to be changed this was not done, carpets were not hovered, I had to ask for a clearly solid pillowcase to be changed. Room 212.

Nothing, this is not a 4* hotel

Toilet seat had urine on it. Bed cover had a stain.shower was dirty in the door slider section at the bottom. Exposed wires under the sink. Missing tiles around the shower fixing. Poor quality corridor. Images sent to hotel. Waiting for offer of partial refund.

the hotel is abit too old, carpet, toilet etc From my traveling experience, with the price we paid, I expect abit more and also there are newer and nice (better hotels) near by with this similar price

the Location is good and staffs are also nice

Hptel guest parking is unavailable, meaning you have to park so far away plus pay for the parking when you find somewhere. This is bad for guest who can only travel to the hotel by vehicle.

The comfort & size of the room met my expectations, including the bathroom quality and size. Also, the size of the bed was big allowing allot of room.

Browse Commodore Hotel traveller photo gallery