Reviews of The Commodore Hotel

4.9

4.9

4.5

5.7

Read more- opens a dialog box

We will never be going back to Nottingham.

Room was disgusting, the mattress was stained and smelt, the room was very small, ceiling in bathroom was damaged. The carpets were dirty and stained. The hotel did not do food. The tea and coffee facilities were poor. The only good thing was the shower, at least it was nice a big.

The only good thing was the shower, at least it was nice a big.

short but sweet

there were stains on the floor, the bed wasn't overly comfortable. There wasn't much ventilation in the room, so it was quite hot most of the time. Shower was a bit dirty and it made the floor soaking wet after each use (no bath mat)

The property was very unclean, bedsheets has not been...

The property was very unclean, bedsheets has not been changed and the room smelt of cigarettes. There was a large puddle of water standing around the toilet and there was no towel

Avoid at all cost. Pay extra and stay elsewhere

Where to start, from the bathroom with no light, dirty bedding (blood and cigarette burns), TV only having one channel, heating on constantly even though it was a really hot weekend so instead of turning the heating off or even lowered, they opened all the windows, it also states in every room that the bed and towels are changed every day and that the room is tidied every day, none of which happened. The bed was really uncomfortable as the mattress was thin and old, the mugs had to be cleaned before use as they were stuck to the shelf. I’d of rather stayed in the car rather than slept in this hovel.

Leaving was great

Hotel ruined it
    • Family Room

The hotel is an absolute dump you should take it off your website (booking.com) Plug sockets hanging out of walls. Door had been broken into previously and not replaced. Tiny window in the room with all rubbish thrown outside it from previous guests probably because there wasn’t even a bin in the room . Pat tested electrical items where all out of date. Dirty cotton wool buds in the draws. It needs to be closed down.car park wasn’t big enough for all the rooms. When we arrived 2 other groups of people where arguing with the staff for a refund because there rooms where even worse than ours (they took pictures and showed us) and they wouldn’t even stay there there night. I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels this by far is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The pictures it looks okay but they must have been talked about 10 years ago. It’s unsafe and dirty. DO NOT BOOK HERE.....

Nothing it was the worst hotel I have ever seen.

Big mistake booking this hotel

There was nothing to like about this place. It wasn't what the pictures advertised. It was dirty, hair on the wash basin, nail clippings on the ground, I couldn't allow myself or my child to go near the bed and the place needed a good clean although I was told the room was been cleaned before I checked. It was freezing cold broken heater I was told which was for repair. It was no a safe place as the smoke alarm was taped up. I wanted a immediate refund and the Manager/ heating maintainer was so rude to me he ask me "why did I book this place and he answered his question that I wanted cheapness" so I got a grotty place with rude staff. I didn't have the stomach to stay so I ask for a refund and it was refused, I didn't stick around as I was so exhausted so I stayed at another hotel of class. I definitely regret booking this place and I DO NOT RECOMMEND this place to anyone.

The hotel was at a convenient location for our family to attend our function.

Avoid at all costs

Turfed out with a baby and 4 year old at 8.30pm when I refused to pay again for the room I’d already paid for, in full, at the time of booking. They even accepted I’d paid for it having seen emails and a bank statement but as they didn’t know how to access the cash from the website, they demanded I pay them directly. It wasn’t worth £33 let alone double that. Staff were less than helpful, continually putting the onus on me to pay twice. Even had the audacity to say I caused a scene, when I simply put the key on the desk and even said Thankyou as I left. Maybe I needed to smile too? I didn’t really feel like it at the time though. Creaky bed, awful mattress-stiff as a board and no hot water. Maybe I had a lucky escape. Refunded by booking.com in the end but didn’t help with nowhere to go, with 2 shattered kids, 2 hours from home at 8.30pm.

Free parking Not far from M1

This could be a great little budget hotel has potential but really should be shut whilst cleaned up
    • Family Room

Room was very dirty somebody’s dog had obv pooped by the window the poop was gone but there was a sticky stain still there it said non smoking room but room smelled strongly of smoke I was told current owner had only had the hotel 2 weeks frankly the room should not have been let out in the state it was. We couldn’t speak to reception as we were out of the hotel by 8.15am and reception was locked we could have called the number on the note if we were really desperate.

Bed was comfy bunk bed was very noisy sheets were clean.

Simple and basic close enough for buses to the city.
    • Family Room

No fresh towels or clean up the following day. Fire alarm woke the whole place first night due to other guests

Simple and basic close enough for buses to the city. Local shop just outside

Value for money.

The beds were very uncomfortable, you could feel the springs in the mattress. There was no bathroom cosmetics such as; shampoo, conditioner. The bathroom wasn't very clean, especially the bath as it had dirty marks in it.

The hotel was worth the value for money. The hotel also was good because it had nearby shops in the neighborhood which was useful to buy essentials from.

I’ve contacted the staff to let them know that I’d irrive...

I’ve contacted the staff to let them know that I’d irrive after 9pm they told me my room number and that they would leave the door open, but never told me where I could find the key, so I had some waist of time looking for the key and took ages until someone answer the phone. Also there was no towers in the room. And there is a advise saying that they have breakfast from 7 till 9am but everything was closed and there was no staff at all to ask any questions.

Not a pleasant place to stay, you feel uneasy and dirty just walking around the place.

The whole stay. Firstly the pictures on booking.com are definitely not what the rooms look like. Definitely false advertisement. They asked for ID, and without it you can't check in.. which it never states on the booking that it's needed, luckily we always carries ours anyways. The friendly gentleman said to my wife, the reason it is needed because the police make visits alot of the time because alot of men take underage kids there??.. I didn't know this, until later on in the day otherwise I would of left there and then. We got taken to our room, which was OK..but it smelt of stale smoke and cleaning products mixed together, we had our 10 week old baby with us so my wife asked to be moved. The gentleman was nice about it and moved us room but in the mean time stated 'room 12 is free, oh but I won't do that to you'? Not sure what was meant by this. So we got moved to a family room. It was awful. It was all mouldy, it stunk of mould, barring in mind we had our 10 week old daughter with us. The bedding was clean'ish. But the quilt was filthy. Definitely never been washed. Bathroom was full of mould, fag ash all over the toilet, lime scale all over the shower head, you'd come out of the shower dirtier than you went in. The pull cord for the light was filthy! Was pretty disgusting. We didn't end up staying we went home. Please avoid at all cost. There's places where you get what you pay for,if you pay for cheap too expect it.. but this place, we paid way more than what it's worth.

The staff where pleasant enough. Helpful when we asked to change rooms. That was the only good point.

Not great

Sheets were too big for quilt. Pillow case had what looked like a blood stain, packet less teabags dumped on not so clean looking counter next to kettle, kettle had yellow stuff on its lid, carpet looked like it had never been cleaned or hoovered ever (did not take my shoes off), the room was part of a set of out buildings so my door lead straight onto a pavement, the gap between the frame and door was so big that daylight and a strong breeze was coming through, at night with wooden slatted blinds letting in the orange street light in and people walking around the pavement outside your room didn't feel like you had any privacy.

It was cheep and close to where I need to go.

everything...It was not fit for human habitation.

Nothing..it was disgustingly dirty and smelt damp. there were no towels and there were dead insects and excrament on the sheets. we went elsewhere I wouldn't expect my dog to have stayed there

Would not recommend or stay there again .

No one on reception for a while, had to ask for towel and bed to be made and for milk etc. the place was very dirty,early evening a big row going on with lots of people in the walkway under my bedroom window eventually they left when police were mentioned .

Bed not made up no towel in bathroom no milk for drinks no tea spoon, needed a good deep clean especially the toilet and mold above shower. Complete revamp!!!!

Could have been much better

The heating was on so high i turned the radiators off manually. The bed was awful as the mattress wasnt even sprung. The windows and walls let in all the noise of other guests. I didnt get a second set of towels on my next day of stay as they were still being cleaned and there was no breakfast although advised on booking there was.

The room was clean and the shower powerful. The tv also worked fine.

Warning !! Do not stay here

There was so much wrong the bed was only fit for the skip the pillows were so stained again skip carpet filthy cigarette burns on window ledge and a awful smell .

A cut too much.

The noise. The blood on the shower curtain. Size and overall cleanliness of the room.

Maybe the budget price if i am willing to lose the balance against other things. Size of shower.

Well needed nights rest, super friendly staff.

The walls are very thin, so just be aware of that and the rooms aren't exactly luxury - but that wasn't what I was after anyway. There wasn't a door between the room and bathroom or a curtain on the bathroom window, so it wasn't ideal, but I wasn't bothered. Please be aware that the turn off the main road is very sharp (almost a 180) and the entrance is up a steep ramp/hill and seeing as it had been snowing, it was a little tricky with a full to burst car - just something to be aware of more than a negative against the hotel.

It was cheap and cheerful for sure, but that helped as I needed somewhere short notice that didn't break the bank. The staff were really nice and helpful and supportive of my needs. It was just what I had expected and good enough for me.

Never again, misleading , scummy

Everything, they should pay people to stay there, they shouldn’t get any points at all, feel mislead by false advertising, the tv had no remote, my wife asked the staff to programme one as she was going into hospital for a series operation and didn’t want me worrying and would need the distraction, the handy man pulled a face basically said no, then on the return no remote, had no option but to stay the first night but was out by 5am, disgusting hotel, stained carpets, first room I declined due to stinking of cigarettes, all the walls and doors are scratched and damaged, the toilet was stained beyond disgusting, would not leave my dog there.

Nothing wouldn’t leave my dog there, pictures online are not those of the hotel, absolutely disgusting hotel, didn’t stay the second night. Booked another hotel, seen better dog kennels.

Was adequate for what we paid but would be nicer if it was a bit cosier/cleaner

There was no bathroom door, or shower curtain. No window only a glass door covered by a thin curtain. Shower took a long time to heat up

Good staff service, they were very helpful. Room was warm

Not as bad as I thought it would be.

The hot water wasn't working in the shower and very small shower which made me very costraphobic and irritated. The heat in the room was really hot even with the windows open. Couldn't get the tele channels to come on because we didn't have a tele remote in our room but got one from reception which didn't work so had to use the receptions tele remote. Also the room I booked I didn't get it was alot smaller and so was the shower. The pictures of the room that I've uploaded was the room I thought I was meant to have.

It was clean and I like the little lights above the bed.

I didn’t stay.

All of it. Complete rubbish

On arrival at the commodore we were informed that they didn’t have a room to give us, even though we booked and paid for it in January. The hotel tried to blame booking.com and said that we had to contact them for a refund. Erm, no. I showed the hotel my bank statement where it clearly stated that the hotel had taken my money. Only then dud they back track and refunded my money. Shocking place with loads if excuses. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone 😤😤😤

Very cheap , but overall nothing nice about the room.

Poor water pressure, very uncomfortable bed with matress springs poking into your body. Very poor double glazing , lots of noise from traffic. Room not cleaned during my 3 night stay.

Cheap

How run down it was. Carpets ripped, springs hanging out bottom of chair, wooden frame exposed to divan, water marks on wooden table.

The rooms were lovely and warm.

Uncomfortable and unpleasant
    • Quintuple Room (5 Adults)

The room was not clean, there were no towels provided (we were not told this in advance) Bedding and furniture were old and tired, creased sheets and dirty carpets/floors.

Worst experience in an hotel I have ever had.

The staffs were horrible. The room was smelling. Sheets stained.

The facilities was horrible. Bed sheet stained. Booked a double room. Had 4 separate beds in the room I was provided. I was threatened if I don’t accept it? I’d lose my money. It was smelling.

Terrible uncomfortable sleep. It was cheap but not cheerful

In the double room there was no bin. The mattress was slanted (Which you rolled) the bed sheet and duvet cover was tremendously creased (never seen a iron) The tv didn’t work correctly. We backed onto the courtyard which had an outside light which stayed on all night shining into our room. The twin room.. the single beds base were ripped. The headboards were hanging off. The bedsheets and duvet cover were a mess. It doesn’t cost a penny to have iron bedsheets (buy a presser) it doesn’t cost to have neat tidy beds. Bins only cost £1.. the place could look a lot better if it was respectable and a bit of loving put into it.. when I asked what time we had to leave the rooms it was 11am. I asked if we could leave at 11.30am as we had a funeral to go to at 12pm and still needed to get ready I got the reply “I’m afraid not. You have to be out at 11am. Half an hour wouldn’t of put her behind on her cleaning rooms and I would of been more then happy to of left our room the way we entered it.

The shower was the best bit about the stay. Hot water and lots of pressure. The staff.. when we was greeted there was a gentleman on the reception. He was kind, polite, cheerful and very helpful. Housekeeper... This lady was polite, smiling and very friendly.

Horrible, don’t stay there. Big mistake.

Filthy carpet, noisy room, windows don’t shut properly, walls are super thin, wardrobe door was drilled in, so couldn’t open it. No bedside lamp. Bathroom fan wouldn’t stop making noise so they took it out and left dust and rubbish everywhere over my toiletries and a live cable hanging from the ceiling. Small shower and dirty. Front door of the hotel didn’t have a lock, so it didn’t feel safe. Bedroom lock didn’t work properly. Couldn’t connect to the “free WiFi”.

Absolutely nothing to like. It was a horrible experience.

This hotel has gone downhill beyond all recognition. My room was disgusting!

Dark brown, filthy toilet! Dirty walls and floor. Bed springs stuck in me and someone tried to break into my room in the night!

😈

DO NOT BOOK!!

Everything!!

Great, and convenient
    • Family Room

Toilet worked. But need to be flushed a few times first

Convenient, friendly staff

leaving

leaving

the receptionist was a really lovely lady who was welcoming...

the receptionist was a really lovely lady who was welcoming and pleasant to speak to.

The worst place I have ever stayed, a zoo would be cleaner

Everything, it’s not fit for human habitation

Dirty bed sheets and pillows old rotten food in the fridge.

Dirty bed sheets and pillows old rotten food in the fridge.

Tired hotel in need of a revamp

Sheets not ironed. Building run down and tired.

Friendly staff. Price and location

Absolute crap

Pretty much everything

The free bug on my pillow

Waste of time

Room smelt of smoke stain on mattress had to ask for bedding

Staff was very friendly

cheap budget room

cleanliness not the best

Nothing it was terrible I have already complained to you.
    • Quintuple Room (5 Adults)

Nothing it was terrible I have already complained to you.

Disgusting

Nothing it was disgusting I wouldn’t let a dog stay in the rooms they filthy

Disgusting filth in room will never stay again

Dirty unclean rooms waste bin full from last guest empty shampoos in shower carpet dirty tea stains on side only 1 cup between 2 people

Nothing at all

Friendly new managers, clean, comfortable room but no breakfast.

No breakfast.

A microwave and toaster are provided to cook your own food. There is a supermarket next door and several takeaway restaurants nearby.

Notjing

The place felt dirty

Notjing

Worst hotel ive ever stayed in

There was blood on my bed sheets and no one was available to give me new sheets so I slept on the floor

I like when it’s clean .

Smell was bad. Tv show nothing.

I like when it’s clean . Don’t stink .

Ideal for a low cost overnight stay.

A few air fresheners around the place would help.

Locatuon and cost was good.

Great value for money

Super value for money. Lovely white fluffy towels. Parking facilities. Comfortable.

Price

Price

4.0
    No bathroom door.

No bathroom door.window blinds broken.owner very polite,manage very rude.

Staff not accommodating , they never respond to emails

Staff not accommodating , they never respond to emails

Good

Out of date building and very minimum facilities

The staff

The fact that I was allowed a late check in and had a...

We were 3 and there was only one towel in the room.

The fact that I was allowed a late check in and had a parking space available.

You get what you pay for

Needs updating

The staff were lovely

you get what you pay for. clean and tidy and takeways galore. does not pretend to be anything else.

Clean,tidy and warm.

staff very friendly

the rooms

staff very friendly

It was very clean and the owners were very friendly

The radiators were on and it was very hot

It was very clean and the owners were very friendly

It's in central so you can stay there for spend night

Toilets were not clean

Price effective

No towels in the room!

Very clean place, easy to find, and friendly staff. There’s free WiFi but it doesn’t say in the ad.

It was right next to a grocery store
    • Family Room

It didn't have a bath tub

It was right next to a grocery store

The hotel dose not do hot meals but thetes take aways just...

The hotel dose not do hot meals but thetes take aways just across the road and you can take your food back to your room

Worst place i've ever stayed.Avoid at all costs

Fire alarm went off at 3.45am. Constant noise through thin walls from low life guests.Impression of a DSS hostel by the inmates

crap

the room was dirty carpets and mattress had stains on them the bath was cold the towel rail was hanging off the wall

Noisey people, but due to being a weekend

Location, and convence

Complete doss hole. Noisy, not clean and full of dossers. Avoid like the plague

Never ever again

For £29 for a twin room. - good enough.

Not everything in the room worked.

This is cheap and good for a journey break. It is ideal for the M1.

Great value for money.

Walls to thin, you could hear everything.

Great value for money.

Very basic and not clean

No towels, no bedside table, carpet hadn’t been vacuumed

Comfy bed and ground floor

Excellent value

Everything was spot on helpful staff clean rooms perfect location

perfect for an overnight stop!

problems with flush (toilet) and with TV (remote handset not working).

Staff friendly - and very helpful with wi-fi.