Reviews of Courthouse Hotel London 5 stars

#510 of 977 hotels in London

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Won't be disappointed!

All great

Great room, comfy bed, excellent breakfast, pool and sauna. Fantastic location with carnaby street over the road. Palladium few doors down. Excellent staff.

Hotel has said they would offer some compensation to induce us to go there again... we'll see!
    • Classic Twin Room

2 Lights in the bedroom did not work... just needed new bulbs but no-one around to fit them. Meant we were in dim light throughout the evening when getting ready to go out. Paints flaking off the ceiling in nthe bathroom and landing around you while you bathed. YUK

proximity to tube/bus routes/ theatres/ restaurants/ shops. Very handy for a wide variety of breakfast choices in nearby cafes.

15/09/18
    • Superior Queen Room

The breakfast was all cold and when I told staff she said the heat was on that was it. When I told reception he said because I booked through booming .com I had to complain to them. Not a good finish to a lovely stay

Location was excellent night life brilliant and the hotels roof bar was amazing

Could be Great...but it's just average
    • Classic Double Room

Expensive. Swimming pool is advertised, but once there we are informed that we can only access it if we buy the Spa package, and...it's only available until 18h - traveling for business I usually get later to the hotel. RoofTop bar was most of the times (3 out of 4 nights) closed for private parties. The only night it was open...it was so crowded with teenagers, that makes impossible to enjoy

Location is very good. It's in a popular area, and in a walking distance to most of Soho attractions. The bar is not so great, but exists. If you can get access to the rooftop bar, you're a lucky one.

3.0
    Awful. Felt like i had been mugged!!
    • Superior Queen Room

The hotel was a dissapontment from the moment i checked in. The room was tired with paint flaking. Plug fascias missing. Having to request housekeeping to make room up as had not been done at 3pm. The spa treatment was good but very very expensive. The general level of cleanliness in the hotel was well below par. And the pool and area surrounding it was questionable. Packed swimmers but def would not use the pool. Two things to note i have never written a review and I stay in hotels 2-3 nights a week. And would I go back No i would rather sleep in my car!!

Would def stay again
    • Superior Queen Room

The breakfast was just ok. Ours was included in the room rate so not too bad but I would have been very unhappy if I’d have paid extra and definitely not worth the price. It also would’ve been nice if some spaces on the rooftop terrace were saved for guests as it was full when we tried

The location was fantastic and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Building is beautiful and the room was very comfortable Spa staff were very friendly and helpful

£330 a night is not good when i have stayed in hotels that...
    • Superior King Room

£330 a night is not good when i have stayed in hotels that were half the price and a lot better. There was part of the shower screen missing ,stains on the carpet,no usb plugs,water didnt drain out of the sink,bar shut at 11.30pm and the staff at the front desk didnt care.

OK at best
    • Classic Double Room

Considering it’s a 5 star hotel, I found comfort and service less than expected. We repeatedly had to ask for basic stuff - the room to be cleaned, towels, soaps. Also - the recreational facility is tiny (as in picture). Best go to the nearby Y. Finally - the room was small, there was no air vent in bathroom, and tub is badly designed - even hazardous: water splashes all over and one could easily slip when getting in and out of bath. I realize it’s London, and prices are high - but at least for the basic level, one could get a better deal.

Check out the bar, with the little “cells”. And the location is bang in the middle of everything - especially if you want to shop. (Not my thing but others in my group enjoyed this feature).

Disappointed!!
    • Superior King Room

The Mattress of the bed was horrible... old, dirty and uncomfortable at all. If I have a mattress like that I will be ashamed of giving it to a charity! the room furniture was old!

The Location and some of the staff attitude.

Not a cheap experience - but a good one!
    • Superior King Room

Only disappointment was quality of finish on little things (e.g. broken/cracked window behind reception, chunks of material missing from bathroom tiles, cupboard doors not hung properly etc.).

Location was fantastic, room was spacious & airy & staff were genuine/helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Over priced
    • Classic Twin Room

Wanted to pay cash for the room but the reception didn’t seem to want the cash so I agreed for them to pre authorise my card.when they did they added another £50 on top of the room rate JUST in case i used the mini bar or had any extras!!! I have never had to do that before which I wasn’t happy with.

Hotel appearance was nice inside.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good for location but we would not return
    • Superior Queen Room

The customer service and attitude of some of the staff at the hotel is awful. Bar Staff in Hotel very abrupt, on discovering the Hairdryer in the room did not work on the first morning of our stay, we reported it to reception and requested a working one....... It wasn't replaced in the time that we were at the hotel. The hotel overall needs some TLC in particular the carpets in the rooms were badly stained in places and paint peeling off the ceilings in the bathrooms. if its just somewhere you want to sleep after busy days in London the location is great but you would find a better standard of service from other hotels in the areas for less money.

The Location of this hotel is brilliant for being central to oxford street and Soho.

It was very nice friendly staff the only problem was the bathroom
    • Classic Double Room

Well the only problem was the bathroom like I said no plug for the bath. The electrical sockets on the wall were held on by double sided tape and when you run the bath the shower came on. I reproted all of this to the manager on leaving he said he was sorry and he would get maintenance on to it right a way Apart from that it was a fantastic stay it was so close to the paladium which is what I wanted.

The staff were manly helpful apart from the first I asked for a plug for the bath. And they come with an plug adaptor for my phone. So I show him what I meant. And he never came back. So I had to ring again in the morning and housekeeping brought one straight up. So that was good. The swimming pool was great.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great location but be aware of the classic double room.
    • Classic Double Room

Apparently they have 2 kinds of classic double rooms, the first one which they gave us when checking in was a tiny tiny room that even one adult will feel trapped in this room. This room is not 25 m2 as mentioned when booking the room and no pictures of this room displayed in booking.com. All pictures displayed for the classic double room was for the second kind which is bigger than the first. After arguing with the reception that our room is not 25 m2 and insist to see all available classic rooms just to check, we found a significantly bigger room which is also considered a classic double room!! they agreed to give us the bigger room. Just make sure don't be tricked like us.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The hotel has got a lot of history
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel was lovely , excellent location but was a little put off by the blood stained mattress protector.... It won't stop me from staying there again.

The hotel has got a lot of history

Rooms and facilities were good great location and good...
    • Classic Twin Room

The staff were all sour never smiled were leaving very early and no facility for early check out Also not being racist but most guests were Muslim and I won't be looked down upon by the guests as 2 gay men staying in Soho .. disgraceful!!

Rooms and facilities were good great location and good price That's about it ! Won't stay again though

Everything we hoped for. Thank You
    • Classic Double Room

The corridor to the stairs could have done with a bit of TLC, But I guess most people use the lifts.

Spacious rooms with comfortable bed. Breakfast was all you could wish for. The hotel was amazing preserving so many features from the original Court House. Absolutely loved staying there for our trip to London. Thank You

The only thing going for it, was the location.
    • Classic Double Room

Very average for a 5 Star. D for very tired and dingy. Breakfast very very average with staff removing your plate/cup and even cutlery when you were still eating. The room was very small. Just felt like the place had its peak 30 years ago and has done nothing to spruce it up since. The ceiling in the bathroom had all the paint peeling off. Quite disappointing really

The only thing going for it, was the location. Very very central.

Only the location and the Arabic staff in the conserge...

1- The room door locks sometimes does not open due to the card lock mecanhzem. 2- The double bed is actually a twin but joined which make gap in the meddle. 3- We arrived at 7:30 evening and one of our 3 rooms were not ready until 8:15 pm 4- The tables in the rooms are very heavy to move due to the heavy marble and the thick glass above it! It can slide off from the table easily and have dangerous sharp corners (see photo) i have cut my self with it. 5- The silver/golden cheap electric sockets are not working. Only some replaced white plastic ones are working. 6- Difficult to get answer by calling the reception. 7- The entrance has steps and difficult to carry your heavy bags in or out. 8- There is bad smell in the lobby coming from the Indian restaurant.

Only the location and the Arabic staff in the conserge counter.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Location and friendly staff

The rooms so old I have been there ten years ago and it didn’t change and the elevator was not working good it keep hanging The mattress was very bad it gave you pain when you wake up. Please change the mattress

Location and friendly staff

The pool was ok.
    • Classic Double Room

Room needed a new lick of paint. Broken shower. Paint on Ceiling in bathroom flakey. Could feel the springs in the mattress. Staff weren't very friendly. Wasn't a smile among them.

The pool was ok.

Wonderful hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Perfect location for oxford street, the theatres, pretty much any attraction in London only a short walk or tube away! We stayed one night to celebrate our anniversary and the staff could not of made our stay any better- wonderful customer service. I’ve only marked down on the facilities as we didn’t use the spa etc but I’m sure it would of been lovely.

Great location, customer service could be better. Sort out the air conditioning!
    • Classic Double Room

Noise from the air conditioning unit is VERY noisy and disturbed our sleep all night. Even when we turned it off, it seems to automatically start again - as noisy as ever. When we arrived at our room with a welcome letter for another guest, we contacted reception to make sure we weren't in the wrong room but they never returned our call or confirmed. Asked for an iron and ironing board which never arrived so we had to leave for our event with creased clothes. Still hadn't arrived when we returned at 11.30pm, so had to ask for again. Not great service!

Warm welcome and efficient checking in process. Room was nice, but the pillows are very soft and also the air conditioning unit is VERY noisy!

Great central location just of Regent st, couple minute walk...
    • Superior King Room

Rooms could do with some little TLC, little things like paint peeling of bathroom ceiling, and on the day limited breakfast choice do to kitchen gas fault, but would stay here again due to its location

Great central location just of Regent st, couple minute walk to Piccadilly or Oxford Circus

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Wouldn't stay again
    • Classic Twin Room

Staff didn't understand English. Other than the young man on the check-in desk who was very polite and helpful the rest of the staff were simply rude.

Beautiful hotel and excellent location.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Disasterous with no assistance or compensation from the management.
    • Classic Double Room

The Security Safe in our room defaulted. Our money and passports were in there. The staff were unable to open the safe and had to resort to using an angle grinder to cut it open. This all occurred over a 24 hour period where we had no access to our funds or to our cash, credit cards, Oyster cards and passports. Fortunately we had a small amount of cash. The matter was reported on one day and was still not resolved until the next night when the maintenance staff took to the safe with the angle grinder. The grinding process took 3 hours. To compensate us the management offered an unspecified discount on our next visit. As if we would go back after this whole debacle. The Senior Manager was unsympathetic to our inconvenience, stress and financial loss. Notwithstanding the hotel acknowledged if was their problem. We had to repurchase Oyster cards in order to get around. We had to ask housekeeping to clean up the mess made from the angle grinder as it was still on the carpet not having been vacuumed floor 24 hours later. Our stay was for 8 nights. We asked for one free night as compensation. They flatly refused and offered us 50 pounds to reimburse us for the financial loss. Absolutely no good will was shown. The room was not spotlessly clean and was not vacuumed each day. The staff were very average. We will never stay at this hotel again. There were other faults which are too numerous to mention. We would not recommend this hotel.

The positive things about this hotel is that it is Central to transport and shops as well as the West End and good Restaurants.

The location is in the heart of London downtown.
    • Classic Double Room

The interior of the hotel room is getting tired. There was a little bit strange smell in the room but I spent very little time in there (just for sleep) so it did not matter to much for me.

The location is in the heart of London downtown. I have stayed there many times before and I always like it very much and will probably stay there again next time I will be in London

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Beds are comfortable.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was disappointing at £22 for full breakfast. Coffee was appalling.Like Tar and food was of generally of low quality The shower in my room (509) was very effective

Beds are comfortable. Location is right in the heart of west end and very convenient.

Hotel was really nice, fantastic location room was lovely...
    • Classic Double Room

The roof top bar no where to sit it appears you had to reserve a table no one made us aware of this and we were looking forward to making use of this so we left and went to different bar. Some staff could have been a bit more welcoming didn't even look happy to be there. Overall though fantastic I would recommend and go back again.

Hotel was really nice, fantastic location room was lovely great roof top bar.

Location was perfect, right next to the Palladium and shops
    • Classic Double Room

Shower wouldn't keep a constant temperature 1 minute scalding hot next minute freezing cold and the bed was 2 hard

Location was perfect, right next to the Palladium and shops

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Courthouse Hotel
    • Classic Twin Room

Two members of staff had to come up to the room to try to make the television work. There was nowhere to plug in the kettle except on the floor by the door. No fruit at breakfast.

Very convenient location.

Disappointing, and not 5 star in our opinion
    • Classic Double Room

We had to ask to be moved from the first room they gave us - it was poky, awful out of date cheap wood and decor, just quite dismal and definitely not 5 star. The other room we were shown was better but still, not at all on par with other 5 star hotels. Could do with a proper redecoration. In the bathroom the paper or plaster was peeling off the walls. Looks a little shabby.

Great central location.

Disappointing for a 500 pound a night Magistrates suite....
    • King Magistrate Suite

I paid for the magistrates suite hoping for a larger room with adjacent sitting space but there isn’t one as in the pictures. The bathroom was old and had a pungent smell. One of the air conditioner vents wasn’t working. The tv had no connection throughout the stay and we were told it would be fixed on Monday - this was on the weekend of England playing in the semi finals and Wimbledon???? The reception staff seemed to say we will try and fix it but no one came till 11 pm at night only to be told the whole wing had no sky tv connection or normal tv connection. I left feeling it was a waste of what was supposed to be a glorious weekend. No refund was offered and the manager said I have noted down the details and we will be in touch and nothing yet!

Better than reviews I had read
    • Classic Twin Room

Damaged furniture in room side table and need for repaint in bathroom .No iron requested twice plus no tv reception but not too much of an issue

Central location and room very quiet and clean

The hotel is in a very good location for exploring central...
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was not great. No ambiance. It reminded me of a prison visiting room with food. The buffet breakfast was poor and management need to address this. Brighten the place up and employ a chef... currently you have a cook and not a great one for this establishment. We booked the Silk restaurant at the hotel and apart from the courtroom surroundings it was without atmosphere. The bars in the lobby and rooftop were very overpriced. Stay at the hotel for location, but don’t book breakfast or dinner here. There are many local places with better quality and much better price.

The hotel is in a very good location for exploring central London. Next door to the London Palladium, and opposite Carnaby Street. The check-in (and out) was smooth and the lobby is very spacious with a bar. The room was comfortable and clean, but not what we were expecting for this hotel of this price. All staff were friendly and helpful.

Great location but wouldn't go out of my way to return, everything in the hotel is just OK.
    • Classic Twin Room

Took ages to check in, staff didn't make an effort to make you feel welcomed. Breakfast isn't good value for money. Gym is stifling hot as it's actually part of the spa area, pretty basic equipment, no weight machines etc. Aside from the location, I wouldn't go out of my way to return.

Great location and good rooms. Dont expect great service or food
    • Classic Double Room

Staff never answered telephone on room service, reception etc (even when pressing the managers prefix). Reception taking private call on arrival - carried on call before checking us in. Breakfast poor, cold plates/food. Only pre mixed scrambled egg available, asked for fried and advised additional charge of £9.95 per egg. Didn't eat there second day, bought breakfast in one of the many nearby cafe's (moral book the room but don't pay for breakfast). Hotel suggests it has a roof terrace which it does but it is not owned by hotel. People come and go off the street and use main hotel lift to room floors to gain access to roof terrace no obvious security. Asked to reserve table at the roof terrace advised £1000 (one thousand!) minimum spend - trust me it wasn't that special!

Great location for Carnaby Street, Regent Street, Oxford Street etc. Room clean and average size for London. Reasonable facilities in room, bathroom very good.

Average

Hugely disappointed with the roof top bar. For some reason this hotel has chosen to ‘outsource’ the bar to a stand alone group. They were rude, had a ‘doorman’ there who seemed to lack any basic customer skills and the reception were not aware of the opening times. The most annoying this is that despite being a hotel guest, there was a minimum spend off £50 per person - just top go in and have a table. A real downer.

The location is great, just opposite Liberty and off Regent Street - Oxford Circus tube is a couple of minutes walk.

The only good thing about the hotel was it’s location
    • Superior Queen Room

Very tired hotel. Photos of hotel do not reflect to reality. Very poor breakfast in a very unpleasant environment. The quality of bed linens very cheap.

The only good thing about the hotel was it’s location

Not a 5star 3 at a push
    • Superior King Room

Staff was rude, room was late, room was still grubby and very tired looking. Breakfast a fortune so didn’t have it. Location great hotel rubbish. A smile goes along way

Room key given to another couple!
    • Superior Queen Room

After checking in we went out for the evening and on our return found another couple in our bed! Had full access to our room and our bags.

Location was excellent and lovely building

Blood on the bathroom walls. Basic like a 3 star.
    • Classic Double Room

The cleanliness in the hotel toilet was absolutely shocking. There was blood on the walls and trash all over the main hotel bathroom. I was almost sick looking at it. I have taken photos and will share if I get the option. The manager was nice but was not there when I discovered it. I did not feel like i could discuss it with the lady on the desk as she was quite rude and indifferent when I spoke to her prior. Our bedroom was dated and fairly basic and certainly not what I would call 5 star. I feel like it is a misleading description and the hotel was mis-sold to us. The ceiling was peeling dramatically like there had been a flood upstairs or a damp issue. The carpet was strained with old dirt amd was black around the door. I felt initially like we were given a good price for a 5 star hotel but in reality once we arrived it felt like an overpriced 3 star hotel. The foyer and bar area is very disappointing like a premier inn level. I assume we were put on the 'discounted rates' floor (sixth floor) because anyone paying full price would have demanded a refund or jumped out of a window! . I wish we had not have paid but my husband did not want to stay and debate the issues, we just wanted to get out of there.

The location is very good. It couldn't be more central amd it wasn't noisy which was good.

The location was good.
    • Classic Double Room

The ceiling in the bathroom was flaking plaster. The curtains didn't cover the edges of the window and the rising sun was directed right at the bed. The worst though was the attitude of the staff in the rooftop terrace. I was informed after the fact that the bar (next door to our room on the roof of the hotel) isn't owned by the hotel. However, it is promoted in each of their rooms quite prominently. We arrived in the early evening after enjoying time out and about in the city. The staff were very dismissive and challenging and even when we stated we were guests in the hotel, they offered to allow us to stand at the bar, but reported they were fully booked. I don't have a problem with them being booked, but they seemed to resent that we weren't dressed up to pop in for a drink. Terrible customer service.

The location was good.

Disappointing! Not good value for money.
    • Classic Twin Room

The price we paid (£270+ for one night with no breakfast) was not reflected in what was available to us in room - only enough tea, coffee for one drink (no biscuits) and when asked for more at reception we were told it would be sent up right away but it did not arrive. Eventually retired for night without a drink and had none for the morning either. No flannel - we were travelling light as needed to carry our 'luggage' around with us during the days either side of our stay so would have been useful.

Fantastic location but very rude staff
    • Classic Double Room

Rude/disorganised staff - we arrived for breakfast on the second morning of our stay at 10.10 (breakfast finishes at 10.30) to find nearly all of the tables dirty and not cleared away and no glasses, plates or bowls available. The staff at breakfast had to be asked several times by ourselves and other guests for plates, tea/coffee etc.; no apologies, sighing, abrupt rude responses and very impatient! I was kept waiting by the concierge on the day we were leaving to collect our luggage as he was 'wooing' some women who had turned up to go to the rooftop bar; it was quite nauseating how he was talking to the women.

Fantastic location!

Had a great time in London as always but hotel could have been better.
    • Classic Double Room

Room quite small and a little tatty round the edges. Bed uncomfy. Breakfast distinctly average. I regarded the price I paid as potentially a good deal for a 5 star hotel in that location but I reckon I overpaid by at least £50 based on previous experiences.

Location was great. Cells where Lennon, jagger etc were held were a good novelty.

Adequate but definitely not amazing for the money have stayed at far better 4* hotels !
    • Classic Twin Room

Poor breakfast , rang down for extra tea, coffee etc it never arrived , reported to staff the next morning , not interested... definitely not 5* service.

Location and quality of room

Location fantastic, rooms okay but a bit small if a double,...
    • Classic Twin Room

Booked as it had a pool and location, pool didn’t open until 10.00am too late for an early morning swim before breakfast! Booked as a treat for my daughters 21st with a London show, told the hotel on booking and requested balloons in the room! On arrival my Daughter was told Happy 21st Birthday - we had to wait for the room to ready I thought great😜 - but no balloons in room all very disappointing!

Location fantastic, rooms okay but a bit small if a double, twin are bigger.

Ok but should have been better to many men in suits apparently not doing anything

The poor organisation

Location excellent staff need extra training in customer service requested newspapers not delivered breakfast food excellent but overall service poor e.g no glasses for fruit juice tables not laid no plates for toast no overall management staff helpful and pleasant but didn’t seem to know what they were doing

Good location poor service
    • Classic Twin Room

Roof terrace bar, not open when we arrived were told it opened 2pm. Went back just after 10pm having just got in from seeing a show to be told we couldn’t access as we hadn’t got a reservation! To add insult to injury the hotel bar downstairs was being used for a private function so we couldn’t get a drink in there either! Breakfast was included, it was ok but the coffee was SO strong we couldn’t drink it. Eventually asked waitress for cappuccino after seeing another guest had one but it wasn’t offered when we said coffee too strong. Floor was sticky next to breakfast buffet. Spoiled an otherwise great stay, room comfy & you cannot best the location of this hotel.

Fabulous location between oxford Street & Carnaby Street just up the road from Liberty of London & around the corner from London Palladium

Extremely Disappointed
    • Classic Double Room

Where do I start. The staff were particularly unhelpful. There was no information concern ing breakfast given on arrival. The room was very tired. Doors were hanging off in the bedroom, the paint on the bathroom ceiling was badly peeling all over with some fallen to the floor. After arrival I took my wife to the rooftop bar. The hostess at the podium looked down at us (We were casual after traveling to London) without standing up she simply said "You do know that its a minimum of £50 per head spend ".Extremely arrogant. It's not the money if I can afford the hotel I can afford the nar/food tab. But my wife was disgusted and insulted. We went out instead and had a great time. The breakfast was extremely poor. Not enough staff. One poor guy. Tables dirty. I ordered two cried eggs and they took 15 minutes and came out with the bottom burnt. I had much better breakfast at the Crown Plaza Gatwick the following day. How Courthouse can charge £22.50 for such poor food and service is beyond me. Very disappointed.

Location is perfect for Oxford Street shopping and shows at the London Paladium but that's it really.

Lovely room. Lovely location
    • Classic Double Room

Flaky ceiling in bathroom. Slow service at the bar and check in

Interesting decor from original courthouse. Location is outstanding Comfy extra large beds

The location was great.
    • Classic Double Room

A few members of staff were a bit mardy and unapproachable. Seemed to be very annoyed at being bothered. We got upgraded as room not ready, very excited about this as stay was for our 10th anniversary. However it was very tired and shabby in terms of decor and soft furnishing. The bed was ridiculously uncomfortable (I don’t think mattress had any springs left) and the shower was rubbish. It was also very warm and air con did not work. Reluctantly we complained. Reception were lovely and upgraded Us and moved our bags while out. This room was another step up. So very happy. This was not to last. Yet another tired room with a crap shower. The air con however worked which after a day out in the sun and with tired feet from a concert was very welcome. We decided to push the boat out and go with the very expensive room service breakfast. Which arrived stone cold! We complained. Asked if we enjoyed our stay. We both replied with - it was ok, it was alright. No more was asked. The room service breakfast was out on our bill twice. So that was a bit of an issue in check out but duty manager sorted it. Coming from a hospitality background myself within a Michelin star hotel in the lakes with the same starting prices as here my expections were high. I was so disappointed and we both felt rather upset and rejected that this budget busting few days away to celebrate was a let down

The location was great. Right opposite Carnaby street and a 15 min walk to Piccadilly/Leicester square. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful.

Loud. Uncomfortable. Expensive.
    • Superior King Room

Music booming until 3am from nearby. Most uncomfortable bed I’ve ever stayed in. Paid £25 for two drinks - extortion! Some staff were incredible rude and unhelpful.

Only good thing was location and cleanliness.

Great location, location, location
    • Classic Double Room

The location of this hotel was brilliant for Picadilly theatre. Lovely and clean and friendly staff. However, we didn't appreciate the £250 deposit when we'd paid the £200 for the night up front. Also when we tried to check out there was a mix up and they tried to charge us again...awkward but mistakes happen. All in all we were very happy and will stay there again!

Couldn't get a better location.
    • Classic Double Room

Couldn't get a better location. We were there for the weekend and walked everywhere. Shopping, bars, theatre and embankment all in easy walking distance.

Lovely staff and excellent location.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was a bit smaller than expected...and a full length mirror would be useful...but that's a minor detail.

The concierge team were excellent really helpful. And the location was amazing.

Clean, friendly and great location
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast a bit mediocre, hash browns cold, had to heat up in the microwave, no napkin over the bread when cutting. The following, is not a complaint, more of a inconvenience. When relaxing in the bath and after a while you want to add a bit of hot water, usually you reach across and turn a tap, in this bath you have to stand up to get the the tap This is a complaint THERE WAS NO DRAUGHT BEER IN THE HOTEL, not to worry, plenty of bars outside

Great location, close to Kingly Court in Carnaby, good size room with good working air con Problem with the TV sorted very quickly

The hotel, the rooms, the restaurant, the location and...
    • Classic Double Room

There was a lady up on the roof top bar that shouted at me. She was so rude, I’ve never experienced anything like it. My husband and I had one drink and left and did not and would not ever return up there for a drink again!!!!!!

The hotel, the rooms, the restaurant, the location and everything else apart from the toy roof lady was amazing.

• Superior Queen Room

Unfriendly staff but especially surprised by staff on the concierge desk which as front of house staff give a very bad first impression. However the receptionist was very pleasant.

Great location, ‘tired’ hotel with odd/uninspiring decor.
    • Classic Double Room

Hotel is tired and needs a refurb or at least a deep clean. Toilet didn’t flush, fridge didn’t work, ‘dodgy’ bedside lamp, hairdryer sparked and ‘blew up’. Rooftop bar rarely open, when it was we were not allowed entry because we hadn’t made a reservation (we went at 6pm on a Sunday, sunny day).

Location, location, location! Interesting building., spacious room (I received a free upgrade without requesting one).

The Hotel is run for the convenience of the staff not the guests
    • Classic Double Room

Staff attitude and lack of guest service. They want you to have breakfast when convenient for them. They said we didn't need to book the roof terrace, but when we went we were turned away for not having a booking.

I have stayed in better 3 star hotels.
    • Classic Double Room

Service in restaurants was 1 star not 5 star. It took over an hour to get a one course meal. At breakfast we had to ask for tea then cups then milk.

Very good location. Close to Oxford Street and Regent Street. Good room and comfortable bed.

Excellent proximity to shops, theatres next door to London Palladium across the road to Carnaby Stre
    • Classic Double Room

The shower and shower screen hence very wet floor and no bath mat. Also, pool not open until 10am.

Comfy bed, quiet rooms and not too small. Nice entrance, excellent central position. Good breakfast.

Great overall, fab location
    • Classic Twin Room

The rooftop bar was completly booked out so couldn’t use. The air con didn’t work in our room and plugs not well placed

Great location, manager was very nice and extreamly accommodating

Quiet & clean.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast staff kept disappearing for 5-10mins when all food was out and only 2-3 diners in the breakfast lounge, so difficult to ask for things like ‘poached egg’. No communication that coffee & tea were on the side and not delivered to the table. Staff spoke very little English so it was difficult to fully communicate with them. On the first morning, the music in the breakfast lounge was on repeat, playing the same song for 30mins. On requesting they change the music, the waitress didn’t understand my request.

Quiet & clean.

On the whole ok
    • Classic Twin Room

Although rated 5* I feel it lacked in certain areas - little details like no robes in room on arrival, bits of flaking paint in room & opened pack of Pringles in mini bar.

Fabulous location

Average wouldn’t rush back

A’s above

The eve meal was excellent but found breakfast was poor and the service generally was not good. The spa area was a joke to be honest....cold pool and tinitsayba. Very disappointing

Great location, should make sure you receive the room size you paid for.
    • Classic Double Room

On First night we received a compact room which was awful. Super small space, poor facility. Only after complaining, we were transferred to a normal room.

Location, room facilities.

Nice enough place, could do better and more to execute simple requests
    • Classic Double Room

I am a very light sleeper. I asked at the time of booking if i could have a quiet a room as possible. I asked again as i was checking in and was told “sir, it is a very quiet room”. I was put opposite the lift entrance. Not a good nights sleep at all. Lots of (sometimes noisy) human traffic, lift doors and beeps all the way through the night/early morning.

Clean, tidy

The room was very comfortable and had plenty of space for...
    • Classic Twin Room

Not entirely straightforward to find. The entrance doesn't look like a hotel and it was only the hotel flags outside that convinced me I was in the right place. As two friends sharing, we had a twin room. Not clear why the beds were right next to each other, as if they were a double. Staff on the Reception desk totally ignored my friend and I for several minutes. They obviously felt their paper work was more important than us.

The room was very comfortable and had plenty of space for two people. Comfortable beds, good bathroom. Excellent location if you want to explore that part of town.

Good location but the bed/mattress should have been better for the money i paid.
    • Classic Double Room

The bed had two mattresses when it should have been a double. I nearly asked for some money back. This was the second room I had as the first had marks all up the wall.

Staff were very helpful and the spa was nice but a steam room would have been even better. The bar area was nice and the lobby.

Extremely disappointing
    • Superior King Room

Loud dance music during breakfast, no cups for coffee, no cutlery, Cold food, poor service, disturbance during the early hours from other guests slamming doors. Lip stick mark on my glass.

Great location, very comfortable.
    • Classic Double Room

Strong smell of sewage from the bathroom filled our room in the middle of the night. There was also quite a bit of noise from the pub opposite the hotel. Cooked breakfast was not very hot, but it was still nice.

Room upgraded to Magistrates Suite. Very comfortable room. Nicely decorated.

Perfectly located for our evening out in London and very...
    • Classic Double Room

After checking in ,leaving bags with concierge and going out for lunch. We arrived back and were given our keys only to find that our room was not ready with no idea when it would be... we eventually gained access at 17:00.

Perfectly located for our evening out in London and very easy to get to from getting off the train.

Browse Courthouse Hotel London traveller photo gallery