Reviews of Holiday Inn Lincoln This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Brayford Wharf North, Lincoln, LN1 1YW, United Kingdom

#6 of 19 hotels in Lincoln

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

My son and I were in Lincoln to attend the University Open...
    • Double or Twin Room

We did not take up the option of breakfast as there were cheaper alternatives nearby.

My son and I were in Lincoln to attend the University Open Day. We needed a twin room and were delighted to have a double bed each and both slept well. Ideally located for our purpose and able to leave the car there during our visit. Staff very helpful when we went back after checking out as we thought we may have left an item behind in the room.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

A good trip spoilt
    • Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning unit wasn't working on arrival and the room was very hot I rang for services who promptly sent someone up and got it going so we went out for the evening and came back to a hot room once again because the machine had stopped working. they again sent someone up who got it working (although it did sound like a Jumbo Jet taking off) at least it was blowing some cool air out... for around half an hour and then stopped working once again we just opened the window and tried to get to sleep.

It was clean particularly the bathroom

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Not the normal feel but we did have a cheaper room and the difference was noticeable.

Staff on arrival not particularly friendly, no smile and rather abrupt. Although we were aware of how to access wi fii an explanation was not offered. This is not the usual welcome and did have some impact on our stay.On leaving the female member of staff was very friendly and professional.

Position of property

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Student couple review

We didn't get the best room, because the view was to the parking lot.

Over all, the hotel is in excellent location. Near the hotel are great restaurants with delicous food. Hotel's bar is nice too.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Our night in Lincoln

The double bed we slept in had a ditch in the centre and so our rest that night wasn't the best. We ended up in the middle, our bodies twisted. I moved onto my little boys bed as my back became too painful over night. Not a very big lobby, a bit claustrophobic actualy.

The location was great. It was very close to town.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Mrs Rogers. I hope to return to this venue on our journey home again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Slight problem with press-buttons on flush toilet which left water running into pan continuously, but this was promptly rectified and the situation was reported for possible attention to management. Apology was given to us and accepted willingly.

Luxurious and spacious in all respects. Staff outstandingly helpful and pleasant. Loved the food selection and views over the water.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

3 nights in Lincoln
    • Double or Twin Room

One person covering restaurant sports bar & room service on Tues 26 June. Very slow service half steak night menu not available. He tried his best but was in an impossible situation. Breakfasts were refunded to compensate but more bothered about the poor member of staff who was run ragged.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Comfortable modern hotel with all the conveniences in a good location.

Wi-Fi no good for WhatsApp on phone. If arriving for the first time access on water front is along what appears to be a pedestrian mall but is joint usage.

Very pleasant and convenient for restaurants and riverside location. Easy walk to High Street and bus to Cathedral (otherwise a steep walk). Comfortable room. Good parking arrangements for the car. Good breakfast - book the night before for discount.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Good parking, friendly and helpful staff, good size room and...

Good parking, friendly and helpful staff, good size room and comfortable bed. Plenty of sockets. Quiet. Central location for Brayford Pool restaurants.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Pleasant few days stay on waterfront, wonderful food and quiet room to relax and unwind

I chose a kingside room which advised had a bath which was a little more expensive as I had to change hotels close to my arrival. I arrived just before check in time 3.00pm (2.40pm) and mentioned I was a little early and should I wait to check in at 3.00pm, the lady at the counter said yes if I didn't mind. A couple of minutes later another guest arrived and the lady went to get another colleague to check the guest in saying she was new and didn't know how to check guests in. I eventually checked in but was disappointed with the room given to me as this didn't have a bath, just a shower. I returned to reception to ask if there was a room available with a bath due to my booking for a room with a bath and also I have a health condition. I was advised by another receptionist that they don't have many roos which includes a bath. From the initial conversation between the first two receptionists it looked and sounded like they check the rooms which are available and allocate a room depending number of guests staying within the room on arrival and in my case the amount I paid was not a cheap option.

The choices for breakfast and dinner were excellent quality, with enough variety to choose from, the restaurant staff were all wonderful and took great care and all very efficient and friendly. After advising that the room allocated to me on arrival was not what was advertised as I booked for a room which the bathroom had a bath not just a shower. After asking for a change of room as I had booked, I was given a room which had a bath. The food is of excellent quality.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Will be haveing a meal here thank you

We liked everything

Didn’t eat in restaurant ,but have done before it’s good.beds very comfy my son not stayed befor he said he enjoyed it we will be staying again very soon thank you. W

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Great location for Central Lincoln.
    • Double or Twin Room

Broken sink which should have been repaired. Put in double room instead of twin and no spare to swap us. Lumpy pillows.

Great location for Central Lincoln. Clean room and friendly very helpful staff on reception

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Could of been better. Would stay double tree next time

Booking.com booking had not transferred to the holiday inn system so room not shown as booked. Had I been late I would of had no room. My breakfast was also not shown on the system. I arrived early and had to pay to get into room early. Friends staying at double tree Hilton were not charged.

Showers are really good but bizarrely have a habit of flooding the bathroom

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Excellent location, clean hotel

All positive!!!

Location is excellent, stayed here for the lionel richie concert at the Lincolnshire showground. Staff friendly, breakfast tasty. Thank you.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

The location is fantastic, with something for everyone.
    • Special Offer - Executive Double Room

IHG card could not be 'supported' because we booked via Booking.com, therefor lost out on room price discount or rewards.

Excellent Executive room facing the marina, with just a few steps along the wharf to many resaurants and bars.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was our wedding anniversary they upgrade our room and gave us a free drink. The hotel is in a good location with on site parking.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

we had a king size bed which was really comfortable and a...
    • Double or Twin Room

we had a king size bed which was really comfortable and a lovely breakfast which exceeded our expectations.staff very welcoming and helpful. we shall definitely stay there again

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Absolutely fantastic.being in river front and it being nice and sunny was good .
    • Double or Twin Room

Air con needed seeing too,but I told them and they put a note down about it.

The bed was very comfy,lovely shower room,next time though I want a front view room,as back of hotel was poor view (facing carpark),having breakfast Infront of river was beautiful .

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Very nice stay on Lincoln Waterfront

Was a little cross that a service charge of £2.50 was added to room service in addition to a £4.50 tray charge! This was removed when I had noticed it. Hotel was a bit difficult to find.

Good location next to the marina, the guy in the bar and who delivered room service, lovely big room, excellent view, good bathroom with a night light, quiet room and convenient parking

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Great hotel, perfect location, fresh tasty food!

Rooms were excellent, breakfast had a large selection of different foods and tasted delicious and very fresh. Ideal location for city. This was our second visit in the past few weeks and we will definitely be returning.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

A very decent and well-situated hotel to use as a base.

Noise from the bar area pervades the dining area, or more specifically, noisy young children playing table football.

The very convenient car park was a plus. Breakfast was also good and well stocked. The hotel is in a pleasant setting, provided visitors are familiar with how to reach it using what appears to be a pedestrianized approach road.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Well up to the standard we have experienced in other Holiday Inns.

Would have liked a clear detailed map of how to drive into the hotel area. Sat Nav could not cope with oneway systems! In restaurant staff should check that things like salt & pepper pots are filled! I gave up searching for salt after seven empties!

Friendly knowledgeable staff. Cheap onsite parking. Good-sized room. Fantastic riverside location handy for historic quarter. Great choice of food for breakfast and staff were checking that the food under the covers was hot. Nice to see black pudding on the menu.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Good stay,only one moan when sitting in Bath not able to reach gel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only the mix up over booking.

After being given double room over looking car park,instead of twin room looking out over braford pool,reception were able to allocate what we requested on the original booking form.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Comfortable stay with all the facilities you need for a short stay.

Nothing I didn't like

Friendly staff, really comfortable spacious rooms for the family and good bathroom. Good location on the waterfront and it was quiet at night when we wanted to sleep. The breakfast seating area was a little bit cramped having to push pass other diners to get to the self service stations. The available options were good enough, we didn't go hungry but a few more options on the cooked breakfast sub as tomatoes and mushrooms could have made it better. They may of had them but were not available when we were dining.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Lovely stay, beautiful next to the water, bit of a hike up...

The toiletries were basic, I recognise you could ask for more but that’s not why I chose this hotel, I wanted a bit of pampering without having to ask for it.

Lovely stay, beautiful next to the water, bit of a hike up to the Cathedral but definitely worth it.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

short break

reception seating area needed the ceiling painted

location,politeness of all staff,clean,comfortable bed,superb shower,breakfast very nice environment good food.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Great location, lovely clean rooms.

Great location, lovely clean rooms. Couldn’t fault it. Breakfast was fabulous, plenty to choose from and on offer at two for price of one! Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

Friendly staff, great location, It was hard to find this...
    • Double or Twin Room

It was quite expensive for one night, thought I'd get a deal as was a last minute booking

Friendly staff, great location, It was hard to find this location as when you approach its a pedestrian area, however, you are allowed access by car which I found out about an hour later...

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Lovely
    • Double or Twin Room

Requested adjoining rooms, but not available for us. We were put on different floors, which fragmented our plans a little.

Excellent location. Great staff. Very relaxed, even tho’ busy

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Fab place, great location, staff really helpful and friendly...

toilet was not very clean in room, but guess they do not like cleaning them because last time we came it was the same, has not put us off though been a couple of times now

Fab place, great location, staff really helpful and friendly, will definitely be back :-)

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

With a daughter at the university I will be back!

The car park charge is nominal but if it was free for customers (those staying the night) with a charge for non-customers it would be better.

Very friendly receptionist at check in. Lovely room and very clean. Comfy bed.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

We had a pleasant stay thoroughly enjoyed it

We asked for tea but it was so weak it came out like water and that was after squeezing the T bag time and time again and it was a strange colour

Breakfast was fine but fruit juice was so sweet we couldn't drink it

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Fantastic location.

No bath in our room which we had booked was a real let down.

Fantastic location. Spacious rooms. A couple of let downs but would definitely book again.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Everything we wanted for an overnight stay.

Finding way into car park on quay. Advance direction would have helped. Wished we had used restaurant. Why not put menu in room or hand out in reception. Good to be clean but Strong smell of disinfectant in reception & corridors. Less obtrusive disinfectants on the market.

Room very good. Breakfast very good. Excellent location.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

The bed was very comfy.

The member of staff who checked us in was not very helpful very abrupt. I requested a late checkout when I booked the hotel and also contacted the hotel 2 weeks prior was informed that would be ok however upon arrival when I asked the member of staff he did not even check and straight away said it wasn’t possible, he didn’t even give me a chance to explain that I had requested this when I booked the hotel.

The bed was very comfy. View from room was of the waterfront which was lovely.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Convient location,gir that reason only i wouldstay there again,as customer service is priority tome

We paid on arrival. However we came bk aftee a walk. Different staff member on & states we hadnt paid. The prices on the menu were not the same as on till. Staff was rude upon check out.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

If was overlooking the water and in a great location
    • Double or Twin Room

The car park is situated through a pedestrianised way and should be signed up as such to avoid confusion

If was overlooking the water and in a great location

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Quite expensive for the room but overall a good stay

I tried to watch a movie in the room but this did not work. I tried 3 times, rang reception and the receptionist even came to the room to try and resolve but it still didn't work

Check inn service was good as you managed to get me checked in before 3.00pm which allowed me to attend my function at the correct time

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Appalled with the booking service, staff at the hotel on the other hand were excellent
    • Double or Twin Room

The room which I had booked was not available due to booking.com not sending over my booking On the day I completed the booking and therefore as the Holiday Inn were fully booked they could not offer me a different room. This ended with my 99 year old Grandmother sleeping in an armchair! Totally unacceptable!

The staff at the Holiday Inn were extremely helpful and friendly. On complaining about the room I was allocated, it was explained to me how the bookings are made with booking.com. Unfortunately they could not offer me a different room to meet our needs and this ended with my 99 year old Grandmother sleeping in an armchair! The staff were more than apologetic but could not offer a solution.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

• Double or Twin Room

Reported plug stuck in sink Friday a.m. fixed by p.m. Had to report plug stuck in sink again Saturday 6.30pm expected to be fixed by return at 9.30pm not so had no use of sink for Sunday before departure. Approx 5.00am on Sunday awoken by noise of 3/4 males in next room returning from night out, trying my door and generally very noisy with disgraceful language this went on for over an hour. These situations I may expect paying £20/£30 at a travel lodge but not paying £100 plus a night in a Holiday Inn.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Overall a lovely stay and we would definitely stay again 😊
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was lovely till we showered and it flooded!!! 🙄 It was soon sorted and the staff were great 👍👍

The location was great everything you need within walking distance made our visit very easy 👍😊

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

a little bit exspensive but you are in a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

expensive breakfast ,only a electric rad heater, room facing the car park.

The location was good, right next to Brayford water only a very short walk to a few restaurants and bars, and the city centre, the bed was extra large, the room was only heated by a electric rad which even in April got a little cool. we did not try the breakfast as we found it very expensive £15 each when you can get a breakfast at Weatherspoon's for £4. we did ask for a waters view as we booked and again at reception on the day, but was told that they are all took up, but they will try to accommodate if we stay again. overall we would stay again, but a little bit expensive.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Fantastic position.

Bar not very comfortable to sit in Under staffed on the night we were there. Card machine not working not at all efficient

Fantastic position. Room very good and clean

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

The bed was really comfy, and the location was good.

We were in room 306. The room had a cracked sick, there was a slight smell of damp but this was probably because the crack in the sink was leaking under the sink. There was no water provided in the room as advertised. There was little water pressure so the toilet did not flush and the shower, we had to fill a bin of water to flush the toilet and there was not powerful due to this for the shower to function properly. I think the pressure must have been a problem within the hotel as other guest were complaining.

The bed was really comfy, and the location was good.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Very convenient and decent standard for the price. Will return. Excellent location.
    • Double or Twin Room

I could hear the people in the next room talking late into the night, and when they stopped talking it was the snoring! Check out girl didn’t listen. Only wanted to get her bit done. A bit of charm goes a long way.

Room was large and comfortable. Beds very comfy. Shower also well up to standard though a few stray hairs trapped in the skirting which I hate to see.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

a pleasant overnight stay with an excellent breakfast.

Car parking costs will always be an issue here, perhaps you could be more upfront with the details.....personally it didn't bother me because vehicle security seemed adequate, but people will be people when it comes to complaining...........just saying !

no complaints at all...very satisfied with all aspects.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Passed off never go there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pissed off as we book room thought booking.com £186 for four people then we got to lincoin and they wanted to charge yes £192 for two people shock when we was stuck and had to go with it shocking

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Enjoyable overnight stay. The hotel is in an excellent location and parking is an added bonus.
    • Special Offer - Executive Double Room

*I think we arrived at a bad time - when all the hot food was just about to be replenished. Our breakfast items were all lukewarm and looked as if they had ben there a while. Shame there was no hot water for a bath in the morning. Evidently a boiler had broken down.

We always stay here when visiting Lincoln. Good hotel in an excellent location. Executive room - spacious, clean and comfortable with lovely view over the water. Nice bathroom Excellent selection of both hot and cold food at breakfast* (see what we didn't like) Lovely friendly staff

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Very average

Bar staff grumpy and unhelpful. Coffee in the room cheap and nasty. I’m so glad I didn’t pay full price for the room. We only stayed due to weather conditions we couldn’t get home. I my opinion £50 would have been to much for the room.

The people we met in the bar. Good conversation

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Great value great location but room could have been better

Didn’t like disabled access shower and didn’t want to be on ground floor Was cold and couldn’t find heating controls it seem to work heater

really comfy bed And bedding very clean

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Booked room with bath,initially given room without bath so...

Booked room with bath,initially given room without bath so had to change. Only room available with bath was ground floor overlooking car park and room was v cold.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Eventful and comfy.
    • Double or Twin Room

I arrived at the hotel at around 4AM, having not checked in the night before. I figured with my booking confirmation through booking.com and having my card details on recorded, the staff member on the desk would be able to take payment and allow me to go to my room. This was not the case, the member of staff made it difficult for me and asked to me take a seat for between 5-10 minutes. I do not expect to pay for a service and be treated this way. I asked the staff member if there were rooms available he said yes however I still had to wait. It got to the point where I said if there are rooms available and you can’t check me in through my original booking, I will pay for another room. At this point he case up with another excuse and asked me to take a seat and wait a little longer. If my previous three stays this month hadn’t been so pleasant I wouldn’t be using the Holiday Inn again purely on the individuals attitude and customer service.

The bed as always was comfy, the facilities were excellent for what I paid.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Link door with no soundproofing
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room had a link door that didn't stop noise or light from next door (when closed and locked). Sadly, we had very inconsiderate noisy neighbours until 3am!

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Nice place for short stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the smell of the hotel just had a old people’s home vibe to the smell. The rooms where pretty clean but the corridors had food room room service even though the maid had obviously been around.

Nice place to stay for me and my partner room very big and good powerful showers! Only issue is the hotel didn’t smell very nice. I would recommend staying but would book in advance wouldn’t pay £80 a night where as I booked early and payed £64.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Very comfortable bed.
    • Double or Twin Room

The directions to get to it are difficult if you don’t know the area. I was given a different postcode & found it. There should be more signage to make it easier

Very comfortable bed. Fabulous location. Great food & lovely staff

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Good value hotel for the location and services offered
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was cold during the snowy weather and I had to use supplementary plug-in heater. It was good that they had such heaters in the room, but would be better if they didn't need them at all.

breakfast room view lovely and good choice of breakfast.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Beds were very comfortable and very nice bathroom with a...
    • Double or Twin Room

Better directions as you have to go onto the pedestrian walkway to enter the car park (Signed as No Entry)

Beds were very comfortable and very nice bathroom with a powerful shower. Good location for visiting City.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Excellent position.
    • Double or Twin Room

The only fault, albeit small, was the water pressure out of the shower wasn't very strong.

The location was superb. All of the staff were very welcoming and friendly.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Nice place to stay but very expensive for not having a comfy bed/pillows and no bath. locating brill

The shower head wasn't screwed on right - we mended it - few hairs in the bathroom bed extremely uncomfortable and pillows uncomfortable no extra pillow left for us and no one mentioned we could have a firm or a soft pillow. - Staff helpful and very nice.

Staff helpful and very nice. car parking good value.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Lovely weekend, great hotel and excellent location

The bed was very comfortable, breakfast really nice, staff very friendly, great location over looking Bradford Waters, lovely spot and ideal for walking into main area

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Nice hotel in a lovely location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air conditioning unit didn't work, even after an attendant tried to fix it. We also had some very selfish women in the room next door who woke us up in the early hours, laughing and screeching. Not the hotel's fault, of course, idiots can crop up anywhere.

We have stayed at the hotel and knew that it is of good standard.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Excellent location on the marina and the hotel had all the basic facilities covered well.

No signs to the restaurant from the second floor. Second morning door was locked to breakfast. Having to access the car park via the pedestrian area was a bit disconcerting.

Best part was location. Right on the marina with access to lots of restaurants nearby. Comfortable beds, good bathroom and comfy chairs to sit in in room as well. Good to have parking all be it at a cost.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Location is fantastic so close to local pubs and restaurants...

£5 charge for parking is unreasonable on top of room rates

Location is fantastic so close to local pubs and restaurants Breakfast good, breakfast staff particularly friendly

Tops.
    • Double or Twin Room

Went for the football, but lost 1-0. Not your fault to be fair, but would have preferred an away win.

Really nice people. Friendly, opened the bar for us late. Location is perfect. Parking right outside. Pretty much as good as it gets - thank you.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Excellent location near to some great restaurants with everything close to hand
    • Double or Twin Room

double bed, we are used to a super king size so it seemed a little small

Fantastic location and clean room. Hotel staff welcoming on check in. Would stay here again

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Don’t waste your money booking an executive room
    • Special Offer - Executive Double Room

Booked an executive room, what I got was a normal room with a small fridge. Got into the room to find hair in the sink, bath and on the floor, a table had its edging peeling off, coffee table was not much better, the cupboard that held the fridge had the door missing. Feel that the hotel should look up the definition of executive; all I can say about this hotel is that it was ok, but don’t waste your money booking an executive room.

Location and staff

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

great location for visiting daughter at university

the breakfast rate very high adds a lot on to room rate although good breakfast could have got for much cheaper in restaurant next door or café in city. woud not pay 15 pounds for breakfast again especially if family of four becomes very expensive

comfy quiet rooms good shower

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Excellent Location

Breakfast wasn’t great which was a real shame as everything else about the stay was perfect. Food was good but restaurant wasn’t - tables all needed clearing, couldn’t find cutlery/ napkins etc, had to ask twice for tea. Think this was due to a busy period but still disappointing

Excellent Location Room excellent Modern and clean Friendly receptionist

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Good location, room could have been better.
    • Double or Twin Room

Over looking the rubbish bins.

Good position overlooking the river although it was hard to find and the Holiday Inn sign could not be seen from the street, our room overlooked the skip bins and was quite noisy. The extractor in the bathroom didn't work or the plug in the shower/bath. We reported this when we checked out as we only stayed one night.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Lovely, clean facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room got quite warm and we weren't confident to adjust the air con unit. But it was no big deal, we didn't ask staff for help.

Lovely, clean facilities. Comfy beds. Easy to find and park. Short walk to restaurants and bars. We had a smashing weekend

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

The staff were friendly and polite and the food from the...

We requested a bath in our room with an extra large double bed, but room didn’t have a bath so had to change to one with a bath but only a normal double bed. Bath requested as I’m pregnant and wanted to relax

The staff were friendly and polite and the food from the restaurant was very nice

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

The room was fine and a good size.
    • Special Offer - Executive Double Room

The room was dark. Very poor lighting. Bathroom shower screen grubby. Breakfast poor - lots of it but gristly sausages, dry bacon, rubbery eggs. Bread poor. Coffee from a machine, all self service.

The room was fine and a good size. Comfortable bed and pillows. Check in staff helpful

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Not a great hotel good location

The wheelchair access wasn’t great though there were ramps and lifts the doors were all heavy and I couldn’t open any of them so had to rely on my husband - no use had I been on my own as there was a distinct lack of staff assistance. The room wasn’t disabled friendly I couldn’t use the shower though was glad as my husband did and the bathroom flooded as the water wouldn’t drain. The room was dark and very hot no matter how much we tried to turn the heater down and a castle view is a misnomer should be a car park view really.

This hotel is ideally situated for a trip into Lincoln very close to the centre with plenty of restaurants around it. The car park was a bonus being a city centre location. The hotel is a basic holiday inn the same the world over so don’t expect too much it is what it is. The breakfast was good with a wide choice of different dishes and the restaurant clean with attentive staff. The reception staff were very helpful. This hotel is ideal if you don’t want to spend too much time in it just a place to sleep.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Short 3 days stay

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The pillow choices available was good too. The location is convenient as it's along the riverside and there are variety of food within walking distance.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

All Reception staff require really training

The car park

The cleaners always said good morning etc but reception staff did not the bar staff walked away when tried to ordered some drinks very frienly