Reviews of Crerar Eight Acres Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Morriston Road, Elgin, IV30 6UL, United Kingdom

#14 of 18 hotels in Elgin

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Decor shabby Broken fan in room , it was 21 degrees, took fan to reception saying it was broken ,they said it would be replaced, had to call an hour later saying we were very uncomfortable and that we need a fan now as we couldnt open the window, fan arrived an hour later . Customer service not good ,not worth 125 pounds per night ,stay clear of this hotel

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Good

Breakfast service was very slow on the Sunday morning and we had a tight time frame. I had to go and ask for coffee. Guests arriving in the room after us. Think young staff lacked confidence and experience in serving and the tablets for orders.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Lovely staff, shame about the hotel

Firstly need to say that the staff are lovely and friendly before I get to the complaining. They could not do enough. Our room had a lot of mould on the bathroom ceiling. Breakfast was an additional £10 pp per day even though we paid almost £500 for 5 nights. Did feel that could have been included. Rooms were basic, cleanliness was fine however the whole place was in a state of much needed decoration. Quite disappointed with our stay. The walls must be paper thin from room to room, we had an older couple in the room next to us with bat like hearing who sought to complain every time the tv was on. The TV was only at 1/4 of the available sound level and we were straining to hear this whilst in the room, however, because next doors headboard is seemingly right adjacent to the wall with our tv on and the walls are made from dust and promises they were constantly complaining. Really took the edge off what could have been a lovely stay. We come up 3 times a year to see family in the area, worst place we have stayed at.

Staff were polite and friendly and could not do enough to help.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Good location and leisure facilities; lazy and unhelpful staff; dated shabby rooms

Rooms are pretty bad, like the usual cheap 1980s B&Bs. My room (see photos) was a standard single . It resembled a student accommodation room, it was small, the carpet and furniture were very dated from the 1980s, and were covered in dust. There was black mould on the windows, which were cheap aluminium framed single glazed. I had to open the window as the room smelled bad of dust and mildew, probably due to the ancient carpet, and it let in a dragonfly which buzzed into the room against the lights in the ceiling, dislodging wads of dirt and dust. The ceilings of the room were cheap suspended tile ceilings, which the hotel had painted to cover up the grid, which just made it look cheaper. The room had a wall mounted electric radiator from the 1990s which was functional but dated and cheap style. I had specifically requested a room with a bathtub, my request was ignored and not responded to, instead I got a shower which had a very ancient shower head. It seemed unclean and the cubicle area was so tiny so I did not use it. Also there was no plug socket near the bed. The staff mostly seemed to be in the 18-25 age range and did not care at all for the customers, and were blunt and unhelpful. In the room there was also not the usual bunch of hotel info that you get in hotels (the little A4 booklets with check in, check out times, wifi info, room service info, restaurant opening times etc). There was nothing at all and you have to ask. I asked for the Wifi password at reception as it was not supplied nor volunteered, and I was given a scrap of paper with it written on there. The pool and Jacuzzi were a big reason for me booking this hotel. I asked upon checking in, what time these facilities closed. The receptionist told me, 7pm as it was a weekend. So at around 6pm I headed to the pool, where the young girl working there told me the gym closed at 7pm, but the pool actually closed at 6:30pm and everyone had to leave.

Hotel was in a great location, within 20 mins very scenic walk from Elgin High street with many shops and restaurants. The reception areas, outside and lounge and restaurant had very stylish décor. It is a very good price for a room in this location with a gym, spa and pool. Rooms have good quality clean (no limescale) electric kettle and biscuits. Bed was very clean. It is ok for basic accommodation for a short stay, and good value for a low price. but if you see a 3* hotel with gym and spa and are expecting something fancy then this is not it. The gym lockers were hi tech and very secure, with very clean changing and shower areas. The hotel is called 8 acres - but don't expect it to have sprawling landscaped grounds to take walks on . Most is occupied by the hotel and the car park. But that's ok because there are good places for walks nearby

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

As mentioned above

Shower old and did not function properly .US. Two flights of stairs for a pair of seniors over 80 years with luggage not good. Did not use the resturant as costs were over the top.Have used this hotel before and had good deals but not again.

Good bed clean room

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Breakfast was good with a great selection of tasty food.

The difficulty of getting heavy cases up to the third floor at the other end of the building through several heavy fire doors, especially for our elderly parents. A lift, even a little one for luggage would make your stay much more enjoyable. Also didn't realise they were not within walking distance of Elgin town centre.

Breakfast was good with a great selection of tasty food.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Staff pleasant

Hole in chair in room. Which was stinking of smoke. No valance on bed so bare mattress base which was showing and which had stains on it. Furniture broken and had seen much better days. At dinner time asked for a salad and had a plate with only lettuce two cherry tomatoes and a hard bit of chicken. Not a good experience at all. Wouldn't go back travel frequently for business much better hotels in the area.

Staff pleasant

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Nice location, disappointing room.

The room was tired and dated. There was a water mark on the ceiling. The TV didn't work. The shower leaked. I had to ask for towels as there were none in the room. Paint was peeling from an internal door.

The public areas were attractive and comfortable, with attentive staff.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Very narrow time slot for breakfast, I worked 6:30am to...

Very narrow time slot for breakfast, I worked 6:30am to 9:30am 200 miles from Home in a hotel that charged me for B&b without the option of reduced rate knowing I was not available for breakfast.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Wouldn't stay again.

Unfriendly staff and hotel had no welcoming atmosphere or feeling about it. Very impersonal.

Staff not friendly. The bed wasn't very comfy and the furnishings showed a lot of wear and tear. For the first time in my life received a call in our room at 11.05 to "remind (us) that check out was 11am". Couldn't believe it. I would understand if we were there 30 mins over time, but 5 minutes could be the difference between two watches! When we opened our door to leave there were two cleaners waiting outside!

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Been before.

Being on outskirts of town not the handiest location but not a big problem

Been before. Good hotel, decor bit dated but clean and tidy. Any staff I dealt with were friendly and efficient. Food well cooked and presented. Reasonable wine list. Good to see tips policy very open and obvious

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Brilliant staff but over priced and in need of an update.

From the outside the hotel is tired looking, the kitchen shut earlier than I would have expected and the breakfast wasn’t great. The buffet food was scarce, pastries hard and my poached egg was way way over cooked.

All of the staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

The staff were terrific and couldn’t have been more helpful.

The staff were terrific and couldn’t have been more helpful. We were a large group working nearby on a project with a few off-script demands and requests and nothing was a problem. FOH manager Claire was a star. Great breakfast and dinner menu too.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

6.0
    Very disappointing. Based on my room a refurb of bedrooms long overdue.

Tired bedroom. Lack of soundproofing- I could hear people several rooms away. Loose toilet seat cracked bathroom sink, shower curtain on cubicle not door, there was a warning in the shower that the water would be hot but my shower was cold despite running the water

Location and comunal areas

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Should have had a double!

My room was a little small and draughty the shower was difficult to operate.

The sport facilities were very good as was the restaurant. All the staff were outstanding they made the frailties of the hotel more than bearable.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Fine for a one night stay but i wouldn't want to stay longer in such a small room.

The single room was very small and the bathroom took a bit of careful planning to get in and close the door. A little bit shabby and could do with updating. the room was very cold.

Very good choice at breakfast and a tasty breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

OK

My room was cold due to a tiny storage heater under the desk, so the receptionist found a little heater for me. The kettle and TV did not work. The furniture in the room look like it hasn't been changed since the 1980s. The Pool and spa area is very dated and the staff seemed very unbothered by my presence when I tried to book a massage there, so I didn't bother. The food is very overpriced. Overall, a bit of a shame, but the staff were very helpful and friendly, I cannot fault them. It is just a dated hotel.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The bar and restaurant area was nice.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Pleasant stay thank you 😊

The bathroom in our room could do with updating and a little cleaner. Thought little over priced over all.

The staff very friendly and helpful. The food was good and the facilities too. The location was very good for our purposes of visiting family this weekend.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Enjoyed our break in Elgin and hotel was just right for our needs.

Furniture in room was a bit shabby but functional.

Breakfast was fabulous. Staff very welcoming and friendly. Shower was hot and powerful. Comfy bed. Leisure centre and pool looked good but unfortunately we didn’t get round to using them as we were out and about every day.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Perfectly ok

Breakfast was good but after the first nights carvery experience we ate elsewhere in evening. Disappointing. Breakfast waitress a bit ditzy.

Nicely furnished public areas. Evidence of continuous upkeep of property. Good pool

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

The staff were very helpful and friendly nothing was to much...

The room was small but comfy only down fall was the shower was only ever like warm and the mattress felt like it was to big for the base and made you feel like you were going to fall of the edge of the bed when getting out of it or moving

The staff were very helpful and friendly nothing was to much trouble

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

Shocking

Bed falling apart shower dripping all night , very tired room have a proper look for yourself room 38 Cold bacon Youth hostels are cleaner and more modern not very happy I booked other accommodation in Elgin for next week I’ve stayed before but unless it’s upgraded ?????? Try stay there yourself

Fine location

• Reviewed: February 1, 2018

If you enjoyed "Escape from Alcatraz" then this is the hotel for you

lovely welcome on reception desk....was breaking me in easy I think before the reality of room 20 hit me like a brick in the face. OMG iv seen better prison cells when out doing my job. There is no way as a female, travelling alone, for 10 days at a time, is it fair to put myself through the sheer depression of that room. Not only was the bed base frayed to shreds but my face would hit the wall of 1920's wood chip wallpaper when i turn over in the single bed that was jammed up against the wall. The shower was a tall plastic box in essence, behind a door (The ones on the Lerwick Ferry is bigger) Went back to reception and got room changed which I then had to pay for. Not a good start at all and if that's the standard Crerar have to offer then I shall bypass in future and stick with their competitors. Got a free glass of wine to make up for the upheaval and moving 4 heavy bags around. Got served an ok diner of stew with some tasteless mash on a freezing cold plate. Didn't have the energy to complain just ate it and went to bed in room 11 which was certainly better than the original but by no means what I would expect for the Rate I paid and for the Crerar Name. Didn't even bother with breakfast.

I liked the girl on reception last night when I checked in and the one this morning who checked me out, also the lady serving in the restaurant last night was very helpful. I liked absolutely nothing else

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Stayed twice now and won't be back. Only reason I went back was to fit in with my training regime.

Bed was uncomfortable with 2 old singles joined together with no firmness in between. Hotel in general in desperate need of renovation with dated washing facilities and smell of damp.

Gym facility was okay, but old equipment.The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Very pleasant stay.

The bathroom had seen better days decor wise but it was clean. I could have done with a complimentary conditioner, they did provide shower gel and shampoo.

It was clean and comfortable. The food was really good and the staff were very friendly and very helpful indeed.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2017

Cheap (ish), cheerful, location is spot on and they serve an amazing breakfast.

Rooms are very tired and dated and long overdue a facelift. Old aluminium windows are very cold, drafty and condensation like crazy. Woodchip wallpaper (yuk) The place requires a good old bringing back up to date make over.

Great staff who are always smiling and willing to help. The breakfast here is the best that I have anywhere on my travels.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2017

The single room was appalling

Single rooms clearly are a rip off

I had a single room and that was clearly a mistake. The bathroom was so tiny the miniature sink was too small to fill a kettle from. There is no lift and when I asked for help with bags they didn’t even carry them to the room, just to the top of the stairs. No choice of having a bathtub rather than a shower. The hairdryer had come off the wall so to use it you had to hold the wall unit part with one hand and the hairdryer with the other. I’m sure the double rooms must be nicer but I would never get a single room there again!!

• Reviewed: December 13, 2017

Not as good as the last time.

The bed sheets were not clean. I asked for a room with a bath only to be told I couldn't get one. They shower curtain was dirty. The kettle in the room didn't work. The walls were paper thin and I could hear everything from the room next door.

The wifi was good

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Comfortable enough for a short stay.

Minor point but the whole place would benefit from a refresh. Our room looked like it had not been fully prepared or tidied up. As it happened the ironing board and iron left in the middle of the room was put to good use! If there was a lift up to the single upper floor I couldn't find it so not sure how disabled folk would cope.

The indoor pool was a bonus. The breakfast was nice and varied with very good options from fresh fruit to full fry up including Haggis!

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

The food was excellent and the room was clean, warm and...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

A big distance from our perticular bedroom to the reception which included long corridors and lots of stairs, which my husband (who has one leg) found a bit difficult!

The food was excellent and the room was clean, warm and welcoming!

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

Lots of potential but tired and dated rooms

The room was a long way from reception with many stairs. The room was dated and in need of repair. Ceiling tiles were water damaged. Bathroom had rusty shelves.

The pool and sauña were the main reason I chose to stay here

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Fine hotel overall but room was worse than advertised

The room I got was not really as described - based on my booking I expected a spacious room with a bath but got a very small room with a tiny shower that I would not have paid above £40 per night for. This was very disappointing as it was a very active trip and the facilities were a big part of the reason I booked. I was very busy all day on both days of my trip so I didn't have the time or energy to enquire about switching rooms, and I appreciate that I should have raised this with hotel staff at the time. However I do not feel that I got good value for money at all. Be careful when booking - several images show larger, better quality single rooms than I got, and while there is an image in the gallery of the type of room I ended up with it still did not have a bath as described which is a pretty big omission.

The staff were very helpful and accommodating and overall the hotel has everything you need.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Please update me

Rooms in serious need of modernisation plus a reliable power supply (Was without power for the last 2 hours) Also requested a table for 15 for dinner which was confirmed some two weeks prior to arrival and confirmed again less than 2 hours before dinner. But at dinner, was advised that this was not possible

Dinner menu was fine for an inclusive booking

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

An end to my road trip

The staff were very understanding when my friend and I could not attend the first night (Friday 29th September) due to a breakdown and did not charge me for the first night

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

Overall everything was reasonable considering what I paid.

Room was in need of decoration.Off white painted wood chip wallpaper and skirting is not very pleasing to the eye.Some of the inlaid tiles in ceiling were cracked or showing damp patches where water may have been leaking previously.Room size was adequate but hot. Single bed matress was very soft.Unable to open window as there is a fixed makeshift desk in front of it which made it difficult to reach the opener.There was no means of adjusting room temperature,which made sleeping at night uncomfortable.En-suite was reasonable with shower over bath,but no extractor fan to remove steam.

Breakfast was really good with a wide choice. Had dinner a couple of nights and that was ok .Restaurant staff very friendly and helpful.Nice leisure facilities.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

not value for money

dinning room blinds full of dust and carpet below blinds full of dust and window frames black. area below blind never been cleaned for some time . room requires upgrade badly in need of attention

location central

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Kettle was plugged into an extension lead as there was no socket available and some of the milk was off. Had to search around to find where to plug in. Doesn't seem to be a lift.

Bed was very comfy and it was quiet.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2017

Good value for what we paid although the hotel would benefit from a bit of a facelift

Carpets a bit tired. Bathrooms need upgrading as mould on ceiling and above shaver socket - in general looked a bit tired. Bar was closed when we arrived around 9pm when we thought we could have a drink before retiring.

All the staff very friendly and helpful. Leisure facilities good. Easy to find and plenty of parking Breakfast good value.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2017

Great place.

There is no lift, which meant we had to lug our suitcases up the stairs. At the leisure centre no staff found to give us towels or show us around, one of the clients helped us out in the end. Only 1 type of bitter in the bar.

After travelling all day it is great to go for a swim, sauna and jacuzzi. The room small but very comfortable, great mattress. Good breakfast, I liked the varied fruit salad, and good hot tea/coffee. The hotel is just of the A96, but you won't hear the traffic, we slept with the window open. We also had a good bar meal, alas only 1 type of bitter. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2017

In the suburbs but worth a visit!

It is situated north of the city of Elgin so you need a car to get into the city. The outside of the hotel isn't spectacular but don't let that put you off. It's in a beautiful location, in the suburbs with a lovely walk which leads you into a forest. Good spa facilities. Breakfast excellent! Staff friendly and helpful. Very comfortable rooms too.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2017

Poor hotel poor staff. Wouldn't go back terrible

Room hadn't been cleaned properly and a very poor attitude from reception when I mentioned it and the broken shower head. Reception were poor right from the check in process. No offer of a different room or anything.

Food was good

• Reviewed: September 2, 2017

Mouldy bed linen was not so nice, and the reservation had...

Mouldy bed linen was not so nice, and the reservation had not been properly processed so we were separated from our children, took over an hour to get rooms in same part of the hotel

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

Doubt I will return to this drab hotel

Poorly trained staff who weren't able to explain why I was having to pay a small (yet non-refundable) security deposit at check-in, rather than (like most reputable hotels) to put a 'hold' on a credit card that can be removed without charge. The room, much like the rest of the hotel was very very tired and crying out for modernisation. The TV was tiny and the buttons on the controller were worn off. The bed was uncomfortable and there was too much noise audible from adjacent rooms and the nearby A96 main road. There is no lift, yet the hotel is used by many elderly customers who can take up to 10mins to walk up/down the stairs which creates long queues as everyone has to be patient. Staff also informed me that I was also not allowed to have breakfast and charge it to my room until I had paid for it first at reception!?

Best part was leaving after I checked out.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

Room was dirty when you rolled out the shower mat pubic hair...

Room was dirty when you rolled out the shower mat pubic hair in the shower, I had to be in work for 8 am and was told breakfast did not start till 8 am on a Saturday, so not catering for the working person, disappointed. room could do with recoration run down woodchip décor, not worth the money paid.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

For the price would get better in a premier inn

For the price I paid I assumed I would get a room that was advertised on website, but no room was small, bed not overly comfy & bathroom (wouldn't call it that) it was a toilet, basin & behind door a shower - couldn't get smaller, barely any space to turn & walls paper thin! Disappointed to say the least, which makes me wonder where are the lovely advertised rooms??

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Good clean hotel, with friendly staff, but no lift.

No lift, with no rooms on ground floor. We didn't know about this beforehand, although had requested ground floor room. As travelling with elderly mother, this was difficult for her, if any less mobile, we wouldn't have been able to stay. A pity, as rest of hotel very good, and staff very friendly and helpful. Crerar Hotels say 'we aim to make our hotel available and accessible to all guests equally'. If this is the case, they really should install lifts. Management please take note.

Clean, spacious rooms, with all you needed. Good food in restaurant. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Excellent staff good facilities, more attention to detail and improve customer focus

The evening meal service was undertaken by a new member of staff who explained it was her second night which was fine however, two ceiling tiles were being repaired during service with dust floating around from the fibre glass insulation,the maintenance did not appear urgent and maybe could have been done later, we found a black hair in the main course informed the waiting on staff to let the chef know and absolutely no action was taken which really took the shine off what would have been an good eating experience. We were charged the full rate for the meal so please make a bigger fuss if this happens to you ! The jacuzzi was caked with slime on the rim which resulted in my partner leaving it and returning to the pool which was very disappointing and would take little effort to resolve Please be aware that for couples the saunas are located in individual changing rooms so you cannot share we your partner again as a couple away this was very disappointing

The staff in reception were outstanding friendly and informative without being patronising, really impressed with the meet and greet. The room was small but ok with the bathroom a little dated and needing a little refurbishment especially where the silicone have gone a dodgy colour but adequate for our stay. The sports facilities were good and accessible and the process for using them explained clearly at bookin in fact the best booking in experience of our trip.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2017

Average

Less stairs.. With us both having mobility issues found all the steps too much.. Better access to garden would have been a help..

When we left basically

• Reviewed: August 17, 2017

Enjoyed our short break here, good value for money for deal we got.

Rooms are a bit dated as is the decor throughout hotel, our room was very small but fine for a short break.

Comfortable bed, nice fluffy towels, good strong shower, plenty tea and coffee on hospitality tray. Breakfast very good.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

Not a lot

As i was travelling with 11 male golfers i origanally booked 6 twin rooms so when we turned up there was one twin and the rest was double rooms not good enough this hotel is very dated aswell

Not a lot

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

Enjoyed my stay for two nights with my dog. Disappointed with the room..

The single room was small , the window wouldn't open far. , the fan in the bathroom is on all the time, plus a boiler or fan above my room went on and off all night. Hotel needs revamp and new opening windows.

The Hotel was good and friendly, the food was good in the restaurant and in the Bar. There is a nice wood at the back of the Hotel to walk my dog. Enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2017

we were very dissppointed

Food room was off poor standard.food was not what we expected from the hotel..bathroom very small and only one chair when it was double room only one person sitting ..room not nice.we

Did mot use this x

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

The staff was super friendly and very helpful.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The staff was super friendly and very helpful. We booked a second night during our stay and no doubt we'll be back. Marked with a bright shining star!

food was great

getting accused of not paying for evening meal at check out,when I had paid Cash for it at end of the evening!!! hotel was very good ,but management seemed a bit disorganised in some respects

food was great

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Staff very helpfull and room was always kept well by room...

Rooms slightly dated... and dogs in room 2 doors down barking at night not hotels fault tho. But all in all would definetly stay again.

Staff very helpfull and room was always kept well by room service.

6.0
    Bar food was quite good

The shower did not work, we only had towels for one person and had to ask for more. We did not get to check in until 3 despite the fact that most guests check out after breakfast in the morning.

Bar food was quite good

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Poor rooms but the rest of the hotel is good and friend staff.

Stayed in room 13 which was small and very dated indeed, one of the worse rooms I have ever stayed in. We ate in the lounge, ordered soup and it was cold on arrival and was basically just hot stock with a scattering of vegetables, with not much taste. The Chips were nice!

The Lounge was nice, staff on reception couldn't have been any more helpful. My breakfast in the restaurant was good with plenty of choice but my friend ordered eggs Benedict which looked great but the muffin hadn't been toasted so was just sold dense bread that had to be removed from the plate and we asked for toast to replace it, this seemed to be how they were serving every bodies.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Food very good and excellent value.

Single room was very small with noisy water pipes. Room was clean and adequate for a single night business stay however.

Food very good and excellent value. Quiet area. Strong WIFI signal throughout the hotel.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

nice hotel to explore the whiskey trail

The mattress was terrible felt like I was sleeping in a ditch they definatly need to replace it gave me a sore back both mornings

Nice and relaxing surround , nice lounges staff friendly and good service

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

Nice comfortable room, good standard of decor.

Location if you did have a car

Nice comfortable room, good standard of decor.. lots of tea and coffee etc in room.... lovely warm pool with very clean modern changing area, and sauna jacuzzi and gym area... great for relaxing at the end of a busy day... great for kids

Ok for 1 night stay.

Single rooms require a re- furburishmentv- old woodchip wallpaper bit dated,showers clean but require easier on / off dials. In general property could do with a makeover,also require front of house manager/ supervisor in restaurant area - staff uniforms require to be addressed, should be much more professional. Food average but in line with charges. Rooms were smelling rather musty & damp -- windows require replacement & some difficult to open.

Staff very pleasant & helpful.Parking facilities very good. £65 for single b& b was good value as walk in price is £95 - bit expensive for general condition of property

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

excellent venue we were attending a party in elgin reception phone a taxi no problem

could some one leave instructios how to turn on the water taps in the downstair toilet or is it just me tried all combinations lol

i have trouble sleepin at night but the bed was very comfortable staff very helpful love the way its set out with quiet lounge table by the window for dinner

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

The staff was very nice.

The pool is not opened for very long. The rooms are very small and the beds are not comfy at all unfortunately.

The staff was very nice. The bar and lounge are comfy and the food is good value.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

I was glad the price was discounted I would not have been happy paying the full price

Single room was very small. Shower head was stiff, directed at the upper wall and almost too high for me to reach.

Breakfast choice Staff were helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

The shower in our room didn't work and ran all night,...

The shower in our room didn't work and ran all night, there was no night porter to meet us after coming in late from a wedding, so we had to help ourselves to our room keys, we complained in the morning and sent an email to complain and we still haven't had a response. Wouldn't recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Value for Money

Breakfast only till 0900 thought this was a bit early. We had a room where maintenance had been conducted in the bathroom and a ceiling tile removed/replaced however the mess was not cleaned up. The taps in the bathroom require updating.

comfortable room, breakfast good. Easy striking distance (1 mile) to Elgin.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2017

About average.

The Size of the Shower Room including the On Suite Area was way to small.

The Breakfast's Very Good. Also the Location was convenient for the Location's i Visited.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2017

Eight Acres, Elgin.

Easily accessible from the A96 and only a short distance, 15 - 20 minutes walk, from the centre of Elgin and even closer the Glen Moray Distillery. Excellent selection of food and drinks in the restaurant, additionally guests have use of a swimming pool and gym facilities.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2017

All fine.

I didn't like when I booked in that I wanted to pay with cash and was told by the reception that it had to paid pay buy card and that bookings .com had already taken the money from my account. I thought we had the choice on arrival my card details were only held for booking purposes

All fine.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

most unpleasant experience,not proffessional buisness

Price difference when i got there Mould in bathroom,dirt on bed cover Leaking ceiling in bar/dining room area Breakfast was greasy and was over seasoned with pepper which i am alkergic to and had no notes of ingredients of pepper on menu! Pond area was dangerous as had no rails for small children! Staff did not even acknowledge that we were there,they gave us the room key and we had to find our own way around! Staff stopped me in front of everyone in dining room in fromt of everyone to tell me to go pay at reception in which i could of been told discretly! Got charged more on arrival and when went for breakfast got charged more! Staff argued with me at reception over payment! Very noisy in room as i could hear the people in next room in middle of the night

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

Toilet half full of water all the time rugs on beds had...

Toilet half full of water all the time rugs on beds had dirty marks on , sauna was out of use .There were bucket on the floor in bar as we walked through for breakfast to catch water from a leaking roof. place could do with upgrade.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2017

Very nice relaxing place to go for a night away! Would recommend!

The saunas weren't working! The bedroom wasn't like the pictures! The bathroom was small there was no menu in the room for room service

The bed was comfy staff were pleasent the pool toilets and changing room were clean! Very quiet place to getaway!

• Reviewed: June 5, 2017

Do not stay, look elsewhere; overpriced and substandard.

In the single room - blood and stains on the base of the bed ( no cover). Plain walls (felt like a prison) very small room, broken furniture, mattress had seen better days, hairs left in the bathroom from the previous guest! Reception was not particularly interested nor surprised by my comments when I checked out, so I can only surmise that I might not be the first person to have this experience.

Nothing positive to report.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2017

Memorable for both the right teasons and wrong reasons. If this was a Premier hotel a refund would

The room STANk big time and staff could only spray air freshener and recommend that we open the window. Not a good start. When pulling the bed covers back a sharp 1" x 1" peice of pointed glass was found on the bed on the sheet.

Top marks to Honor, Star and Keiran for making or stay pleasurable and memorable. Thank you and hope that you liked the cakes.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2017

3.0
    Definitely on my bad list

Don't book a Single unless you want a matchbox! Room was tiny and straight out of 1960's Receptionist seemed to think it funny that she gave me the wrong key and I had carried my luggage up and down the stairs twice. The Roast dinner was served with two large slabs of beef in a BOWL?! Underneath were overcooked roast potatoes and two carrots.