2. UK hotel reviews
  3. North Yorkshire hotel reviews
  4. Nunthorpe hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Cross Keys By Good Night Inns

Reviews of Cross Keys By Good Night Inns This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Middlesborough Road, Upsall, Guisborough, Nunthorpe, TS14 6RW, United Kingdom

#3 of 3 hotels in Nunthorpe

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

the room was great and very clean!
    • Deluxe Family Room

the bar tender called rob was very rude! felt like he spoke down to the customers and was very arrogant! the girls behind the bar and rwception was fantastic though!!

the room was great and very clean! the bed was huge which i absolutely loved! the lady behind the reception was so helpful and she was absolutely great!

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

Terrible stay in a smokers room

BOOKED A NON SMOKING ROOM, AND WHAT DO i GET A CONTAMINATED SMOKERS ROOM. I refused to take the room, and no one seemed to take charge of this, totally dis organised. After discussing at the reception, three people could not decide what to do, eventually some one got round to suggesting cleaning the room. After an hour or so, the room was ready, but on checking it still smelled of smoke, and today I can smell this on my clothes. A discount was discussed in the evening of arrival, but in the morning at checkout - "this was all forgotten" I wonder why. For the evening meal it was alright, but service was slow, and I sat in the invisible corner!!! SAo for a recommendation for Good Nights Cross Keys forget it no way, and certainly will be avoiding this place forever.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Best stop over in Teesside

For the sake of a few quid the shower flex and four decorative basin panels could be replaced. Plus professionally applied sealant would give the ensuite a complete as new look. Please invest in your assets.

The cleanliness, the room was warm on arrival, despite being 10m from a dual carriageway it was lovely and quiet, the resteraunt food and service was good as was the car parking but the bed beat the lot. So so good night sleep!

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Very comfortable bed.

Full English breakfast was very poor. Very disappointed after looking forward to it. Understaffed and had to repeatedly ask for things to be topped up on the self service breakfast bar.

Very comfortable bed. Good nights sleep

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

I had a lovely,peaceful stay,in very scenic surroundings,and all staff were friendly and helpful

There wasnt anything I didnt like really,but unfortunately, I hadnt realised breakfast ended at 9 on a weekday,so if I had known that,I would have made an effort to go to the restaurant earlier. A tray in the room for underneath the kettle and tea etc.would have been practical,as I felt a little guilty making tea on a wooden cabinet! But nothing negative to mention at all,I had a lovely relaxing stay,and caught up on all my paperwork in perfect peace,which is exactly what I intended to do. I wouldnt hesitate to visit Cross Keys again. Very highly recommended. And VERY reasonably priced too

The menu was very varied,and very reasonably priced,and was of very good quality,and quantity. The restaurant had a very relaxed feel to it,and it was easy to choose a bustling,sociable part of it to dine in,or a quieter,more private,intimate area.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

Comfortable stay, will stay again.

We had a comfortable stay here for 3 nights over Christmas. the bed, covers & pillows were very comfortable. the room was clean and tidy. Its basic but perfect for what we needed. It was quiet apart from the cars going past and it could do with a lick of paint particularly in the corridors, but it was a lgood base for us visiting family. I will stay again.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

Friendly staff but disappointed in the accommodation.

The accommodation was disappointing - there was mould in the bathroom, we had cold showers (apparently due to other guests taking showers at the same time?) and there was no bar fridge to keep our own food/drink cold. Lack of power sockets available for charging phones etc.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The meals in the restaurant/bar were very good. The atmosphere in the bar/restaurant was great.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2018

We stayed in a clean, spacious and comfortable peaceful room.

We had a problem with the TV keep going off.......but, we didn’t go there to continuously watch TV.....so no real problem.

I liked the comfortable room, bed and peacefulness.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Ok for short stay, but wouldn't want to stay for longer

While the room was nice the second night was windy and there was something in the roof was knocking all night needless to say we had very little sleep. When my husband complained in the morning he was told there was a problem and it had been reported, so if they knew of the problem I don't think the room should have been let out. The manager was very apologetic and gave us a discount. the hotel could do with some money spent on it to take it up a notch as the paint work was chipped and dirty

The staff were very friendly and efficient and the food was good. We were here for a wedding at guisborough hall so the hotel was very convenient.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Good

Slightly noisy with room at front of the hotel near the roadway. But the room was comfortable and clean.

Celebration meal was very good. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

reasonable but would probably try somewhere else next time.

tv remote didn't work breakfast finished too early ie 9 am Monday. bar was closed on our return from night out----- 10.30pm

most things.... staff friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Dont know if i would stay there again.

The bed was not clean first night... it had several pubic hairs in it and the carpet had not been cleaned....vacuumed. The sealant had perished around the bath and the moisture had gone through the wall damaging the plaster in the bedroom. The chain on the door has been removed. The place could do with a lick of paint.The place wasn't bad overall but it needs doing up a bit...a lick of paint here and there. The light bulbs in the bed side lamps did not work but it wasn't great.

The staff were ok.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Very disappointing

Room had cobwebs, dirty/marked walls, bathroom bin not emptied had sanetary towels in it. Chair broken. Sink had large crack in it .. enamel was off the bath in places. When had a shower mould ran out of the grouting in the tiles.. mould on ceiling above bath.

Bed clean and comfortable. Good food ..

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

An excellent meal followed by a hot bath and great nights sleep!

The bathroom was spotless it simply needs updating, a new shower and grout refresh would be great 👍🏻

The staff here are excellent, nothing is too much.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Great location; professional staff; expected better facilities

Poor state of bedroom facilities as in decor. Room 15 needs walls & paintwork re painted. Bathroom: basic. Shower pressure low.

Friendly, professional staff. Location. Restaurant foid Clean sheets and towels

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

An enjoyable stay, I would certainly return

Decor slightly dated and some dust behind the bed but rest of the room and bathroom very clean. Plenty of towels, more milk sachets would have been appreciated.

Very polite and helpful staff, I was made to feel welcome. I was upgraded to a larger room which was very comfortable. I would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Hotel not good enough, restaurant is amazing

It was purchased from Premier Inn three years ago and it has not been touched since. The carpets are filthy and the walls are very dirty. The bathrooms are very worn and old. It needs a lick of paint, some new carpets, fixtures and fittings need replacing in the bathroom. Toilet seat was knackered and kept slipping off which nipped my wife's skin and bruised her.

The bed was very comfy, obviously still premier inn one... still has the premier inn colours. The location is great. The restaurant is fantastic.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Excellent value for money, pleasant staff, nice location,...

Bigger TV, bathrooms updated

Excellent value for money, pleasant staff, nice location, free parking, comfy bed and pillows, budget hotel price but with better facilities!

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Par for the course I suppose.

Businesslike staff on arrival (perfectly polite but most showed little enthusiasm for the job). The evening meal experience was disappointing, as was the service. My starter was excellent but we waited for ages for our mains. In the end we had to ask where it was. It then arrived immediately, showing signs of having been sitting somewhere waiting to be delivered to table. My veal dish was not good. Some of the veal medallions were inedible (chewy, sinewy) the kale underneath just a heaped, flat pile and the so-called veal shepherds pie was tasteless, with very little in it other than mashed potato. I indicated my disappointment to the waiter when he took the plates away. He completely ignored my comments. So I repeated myself, but he remained deaf.

The car park is huge. Our twin bed room was quite spacious, clean and tidy. Breakfast was good and the morning staff cheerful and helpful.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Family visiting

Desperately in need of some basic routine maintenance. Room 2. Bath filled up whilst showering. Mould on ceiling and bath sealant( not loads and recognise bathrooms damp places but...) Taps missing parts Debit card swiped at start of stay but then they insisted on swiping again to pay bill on departure -funds held on initial swipe then unavailable to us for 5 days! Have stayed here in excess of 10 times over last few years and first time this has happened. Normally you pay on check in. Overall no evidence of maintenance or management structure/procedures.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Disappointed

Meals were poor and expensive for what you got. Bar prices expensive. Cause for concern staff seem to be overworked and not supported. On Saturday night one staff member went home as he was so stressed.

Bed was comfy bar was nice breakfast good

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

good, except for the awful wifi.

Accommodation is good, but wifi is blooming awful. Good night Inns use a package from virgin media or the like. completely unusable for business. Will avoid this brand in the future.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Nice room with comfy beds and very hot water!

Food was okay but a lot of things not available apparently due to the menu changing but wasn’t told this before trying to order

Nice room with comfy beds and very hot water!

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Absolutely unacceptable!!
    • Deluxe Family Room

We were greeted straightaway by, an, in my opinion, obnoxious Young man on the front desk. My rooms bathroom had not been cleaned by cleaners from the last time a guest stayed in it. Both toilet rolls have been completely used and not replaced . There was a small puddle on the floor that looked and smelled like urine. The toilet-bowl had stains in it. There was mould all over the roof (room number 7) I was told by the man on the desk room keeping would be around at 10am the following day. The room was too hot so we open the window, however the hotel is located right next to a busy road. the noise of the traffic was insanely loud. Breakfast was £7. 99 each per person ( 1 sausage, 1 cold poached egg, 1 piece of cold bacon, 1 hash brown, 1 pot of microwaved bake beans Which had congealed into a mushy bland mess) Ridiculously overpriced for the quality/quantity of food. We got back to our room at midnight after attending a family wedding there was no electricity in the whole of the hotel. I had two young children, myself and my wife staying . my 10 week old son needed warm milk but we could not heat up the bottle so he had cold milk. When checking out of the hotel room I was presented the bill and had been charged for lunch the previous day at 12 noon. we didn’t even have eat there, We left our hotel for the wedding at 10am and weren’t even in the hotel at lunchtime!! Absolutely, the worst hotel experience I have had in my time on this planet and dampened the family wedding experience for my family.

The night porter was a very nice and friendly man.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

As senior citizens we don't eat a cooked breakfast and...

As senior citizens we don't eat a cooked breakfast and only had tea/and cereals. The price for that breakfast was quite pricey. But it did save us looking for something as we travelled onwards.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Comfortable for a short break in a beautiful part of the country.

The room faced out on to a busy main road so it was not really possible to have the windows open. As usual with hotel rooms it was over warm for sleeping. In the end we did open the window for some fresh air and put up with the traffic noise.

Staff very helpful and friendly. The room was a good size and had everything we needed for a short stay. Enormous and comfortable bed. Plenty of choices at breakfast.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Rooms need a little attention to paintwotk

We didn't get what we ordered on the evening meal service slow at the bar and in the restaurant

The service was slow in the evening and they had run out of things on both breakfast mornings

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

May stay again if we were in the area

The breakfast buffet was not quite as good as many others we have stayed at, but the cooked items were very good

The staff were lovely, nothing was too much trouble for them

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

We use the hotel to stay whilst visiting parents. It suits our purposes for this.

Hotel is on a very busy road. We did ask that our rooms were away from the road when we booked but both room were facing the road. Rooms are looking like they need painting, lots of marks on the wall etc. Bathroom was clean but mould in the grouting and the sink facia broken. Rooms are clean though.

The bar/restaurant is a lovely area. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Comfy beds, rooms was big enough size.

Restaurant dinner. Disgusting we had lasagne honestly say I have bought better frozen. It was horrible

Comfy beds, rooms was big enough size. Breakfast was average.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

Everything was as expected, service by staff good and promt.

Nothing. Everything was as expected

Everything was as expected, service by staff good and promt. Asked for a hand towel and iron, we got them in minutes.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

The staff were very helpful, we managed to check in early...

Shower was disappointing with very little pressure.

The staff were very helpful, we managed to check in early and they organised taxis for us. Good selection for breakfast and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Apart from not getting my phone charger back it was really good

I left my phone charger plugged in but when I rang I was told it wasn’t there I’m 100 percent certain I think it must have been taken

A lovely little find

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

OK for a short stay.

With 2 ladies sharing a twin room - we could have done with a mirror over the long wooden top instead of a large canvas print. The long mirror on the wall at the end of the top was in a dark location with an armchair placed in front of it.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

terence Accommodation and food acceptable but bathroom needs to be looked at.

Shower hose was worn and looked tardy and the front of the sink units were starting to blow as if had experience some flooding over the sink unit.

Room and restaurant fine but the bathroom area was looking tired and in need of a refurb

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

Enjoyable couple of days, just a pity about the food

We were disappointed with the food we received during our stay. The dinner on the Sunday evening felt as though it had been warmed up from the lunchtime. The continental breakfast the following morning had a fairly limited choice of items, particularly fresh fruit.

Spacious car park, and a large, comfortable room. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Great place to stay. Friendly proffesional staff and very clean room

Just one hand towel for two people.

The bed room was comfortable and clean and tidy . The meals where very good . The staff were helpful and nothing was to much for them. Our stay there was very enjoyable and would recommend to family and friends . We also had a excellent Sunday lunch with family and everyone enjoyed it We would also recommend the evening menu and great breakfast

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Reasonable value for money.

Wifi not available in parts of the building; had to sign in repeatedly. Needs an extractor fan that works in the bathroom.

Reasonable overall for the money. Provided a top sheet (when asked) when the weather was too hot for a duvet.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Would defo use this hotel again - we only booked day before - not expecting much but good VFM

Would have been better to have room other side as if we wanted cool we needed to open window but then you get road noise. Rooms could do with a fan. Breakfast liquid dispensers could be smaller as both we and almost every other person pouring milk, water, juice spilled it or dropped lid. Shower not very powerful. Could do with a couple of biscuits to go with drinks? Would have been nice to sit more widespread in restaurant as everyone seemed to be crammed together despite lots of seating. Wanted a more romantic meal rather than hearing the slurping of the guest on table next to us and their bad language. You cant choose your guests I suppose not the hotels fault.

Useful location for anywhere in the area - we were tripping to Whitby..... food was OK (Including breakfast). Parking lots of it. Staff were all pleasant enough. Bed was massive and room was clean. Restaurant area was very nice - beams etc.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Very enjoyable short stay.

During our stay there was a noisy family above us which lasted into the early morning. The night staff dealt with it.

Triple glazing to prevent traffic noise.There was a good variety of foods for breakfast. Good central position for visiting coast and country.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

The staff were nice and friendly the bar and dining areas...

The reception area was really tired and not very clean,.The bedroom block was generally not very clean and needs a lick of paint

The staff were nice and friendly the bar and dining areas were clean and tidy and the food is very good.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

A pleasant surprise once we got through the door!

The entrance door is dated with chipped paintwork. Really off-putting.

The rooms are very comfortable and well-appointed. The restaurant has an extensive menu - our meals were great! The staff are helpful and really d offer a caring service.e

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

We have stayed here several times and will continue to do so.

Bathroom looking a little tired, grouting coming off etc. Would have liked two club chairs in a room designed for two people. Small television of little use to old people with poor eyesight.

Friendly staff, good room, clean and fresh. Restaurant easy access and food of reasonable quality and price.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Lovely hotel near Guisborough

Nothing much really. If you're staying during summer months you cannot really open the room windows at front of hotel as this faces the main road which is quite noisy.

Staff friendly, food lovely, hotel nice.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Bed linen clean and fresh.

Room not cleaned well. Beds not tidied daily. On main road so traffic noise very noticeable.

Bed linen clean and fresh. Staff friendly and cheerful. Nice view of Roseberry Topping from window

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Room comfortable and spacious, staff friendly and helpful,...

Evening meal - Disappointed with the meal as it was not of the standard we had experienced before in the other Good Night Inns Hotel we had stayed at and took 45 minutes for my companions to receive their main course.

Room comfortable and spacious, staff friendly and helpful, large bar area and large outside seating areas taking advantage of views of the surrounding countryside. Breakfast good with variations on offer. Large free car park adjacent to the Hotel.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

We still have not got the holding payment back still pending in our bank even though full amount has been paid - in essence we have paid twice !!!

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Evening meals very good but accommodation tired

Rooms are very tired Continental breakfast choice was poor, no fruit available. Gluten free bread available but initially no soya milk available then some was found Next to a busy main road which was not ideal

Food for evening meal was good with a good choice of gluten free food available

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Decent hotel in a handy location at a reasonable price.

The radiator in our room and the one in the corridor were on full blast despite temperatures outside being 26C. We turned off the one in the room and reported the one in the corridor to staff, but it was still going full blast when we left at the end of the weekend.

Nice large room, clean and tidy. Continental breakfast good, I didn’t try the cooked breakfast.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Ideal location for our visit, also staff were very friendly and helpful

Stayed in Room 2 and found that a lot of cars/taxi,s parked outside the window late evening, with head lights on, found this a little disconcerting.

Staff very friendly and helpful accommodation very good for the price we paid.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Wouldn’t stay again
    • Deluxe Family Room

Rubbish shower, not worth the £85 per night paid. Hard beds. Rubbish coffee and hot water not hot for tea and coffee. Even when it was replaced it still wasn’t hot!

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Perfect for our needs.

We have stayed at this hotel before so knew it was exactly what we were looking for. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. Our evening meal was delicious as was the breakfast. The location was ideal for our needs.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Refreshing!

Bathroom a little dated, toilet seat wonky and shower leaky at wall - did report this on leaving

The room was large, very clean, welcoming. Food was fantastic. Staff were friendly and welcoming!

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Just what was needed.

The room was nothing exciting and could do with a new lick of paint. Maybe could've warned us we had a roadside view.

The food was delicious, the staff very friendly. The windows were excellent noise stoppers!

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Good choice of accommodation & would stay again.

Unfortunately, the pillows were not to our liking,too firm, but I'm sure plenty other visitors would find them okay.

Nice building,room, breakfast & staff.Good location for the Kirkleatham Owl Centre, which we were going to.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Little Gem

Stayed here many times .Staff always helpful . Great place to stay for work or just exploring area . Food next door excellent. Nice veiw of the rosebery topping .

Nice location

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

The bed was comfortable and the room was tidy and clean.

Only things we could suggest is maintaining aspects such as showers to ensure they are all fully working , as well as potentially furthering the sound blocking on the windows as the road is very noisy at certain times of night and morning

The bed was comfortable and the room was tidy and clean. You can’t ask for much more with the price you’re paying. Staff went out of their way to rearrange a room for us when we had discovered the shower was not working , it didn’t seem much of an inconvenience to them to help us out!

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Service in the restaurant in the evening is excellent but breakfast service was not pleasant.

We were a family of four, all adults, staying at the Cross Keys in Nunthorpe on 24th& 25th March, while we attended a family funeral. We had breakfast on the 24th and the service left a lot to be desired. We didn't take breakfast on the 25th due mainly to this unpleasant service. We have stayed at the Cross Keys Nunthorpe before and we recognised the abrupt attitude of the breakfast waitress, who had served us on many occasions before, as soon as she opened her mouth. I really think that someone should have a word with her as, she is not a welcoming person and is distinctly bad for business! We certainly won't ever take a breakfast there again. You don't need that sort of treatment when you're paying for service. She may well have issues of her own, which are on her mind but she shouldn't inflict the backlash on paying guests! Our family was attending a funeral and we could have done with a friendly face at breakfast.

The accommodation was just as we expected having stayed many times before in this hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the evening meals were excellent and beautifully served in a friendly, polite way.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

good location and good breakfast.

The room decor could be updated slightly. The kettle was unfortunately covered with dust and the bathroom bin was not emptied. There was other products in the bath I suspect this was left by the previous guests. Also there was an addition charge/deposit which was not made clear at the time of booking. This may well be part of the Inn's policy. Cheaper to book direct with the inn.

arrived earlier than planned and although the room was not ready as yet the room was sorted before the check in time. Staff were attentive in particular when I had to extend my stay due to poor weather for travelling back to the south west. Breakfast was plentiful and the waiting staff were again very attentive.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Very pleased overall

Ordered porridge and a full English breakfast, the full English came before my porridge! Just a little common sense needed. After asking the waitress did keep it warm until I had eaten my porridge.

Ideal location and comfy warm room, friendly staff, clean,

• Reviewed: March 3, 2018

Would stay again but would ask for a different room.

To near reception could hear people coming in and out and could hear the bar next door, I've stayed loads of time and never had any problems before.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

Acceptable for short stay

Rooms are clean & tidy but lack a bit of warmth . Could do with some decoration. Bathroom clean and tidy but stark.

Ordered poached eggs on toast instead of normal breakfast. Came cold. Hot water in flask is not good. Surely the tea and coffee could come directly from kitchen.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

All excellent apart from road noise which is unavoidable.

Unfortunately my room was next to a duel carriageway which supported major traffic and therefore disturbed my sleep.

Bed very comfortable. Breakfast excellent. Staff obliging and friendly.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

We certainly would not return.

Had to swap rooms due to no heating, rooms were grubby and ready for a re-paint. Bar staff were very rude and breakfast tasted like it had been reheated

Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

Our stay was pleasant

Although the staff were very good I thought the food was not value for money I was charged £1.99 for a wedge of raw onion & at breakfast there wasn't any hot water in the pot so they filled it up but the water was only Luke warm which is not good for making a morning cuppa

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

Overall a nice enough place to stay.

The car park and the path to reception were covered in ice and snow on arrival, I struggled not to skid the car and slip when I got out, they should at least have been gritted. My bed was not made on the second day and there was insufficient tea, milk and coffee in the rooms. My room was a little noisy as I was next to the main road.

Friendly staff, the restaurant is good, pleasant ambience and very nice food. And a bath, so nice to have a bath in these days of nothing but showers in many hotels.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Great location and reasonable priced room and food.

Great location for friends travelling from down south coming to Guisborough for family reasons. Booked two nights and they enjoyed the hotel and food provided.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

Family Party in Guisborough

Reception desk a bit hit and miss. Had to wait for longer than expected upon arrival at 4.20pm on a Saturday. Same upon check out, I couldn't wait any longer so posted keys in box at reception. I was in room 10 on ground floor and 3 out of the 7 lights needed new bulbs (no one to report too). An emergency door near my room was left open, then propped open for 2 hours for housekeeper / servicing. This made my room noisy from the road and not nice when trying to relax in the bath with fear about security. Breakfast had water or apple juice no orange juice like on the menu and no explanation by polite waitress. Pork sausage was more like a black pudding sausage. Hot water in thermos flasks at breakfast and therefore cool not hot water by 8.30 on Sunday morning. Although rooms appeared clean on closer inspection the tiles which were grouted in blue around the bath were clogged with black mould, shame really as the decor, furniture and soft furnishings were just right. All this could be remedied with a quiet word with staff. Perhaps the accommodation has too few staff.

Close to Guisborough. Late checkout.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

Acceptable for just the one night.

Our room was on the front and the road was busy throughout the night. We did not sleep much at all, we felt tired the next day, which was the marriage of our god daughter. The bed was too hard for our preference but we acknowledge it could have been comfortable for another person.

Having a restaurant to have an evening meal and not having to drive into Guisborough or sourrounding area.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

Evening meal delicious

Bed lumpy, staff kind enough to flip mattress as something sharp on first night but just lumpy and uncomfortable. Breakfast poorly presented sausage looked anemic. Both mornings no glasses or plates until asked for.

Evening meal delicious

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Served its purpose but poorly organised, many disappointing points.

The bathroom was in very poor repair, mould, bath looked dirty and the toilet seat slid to the side when sitting on it- a health and safety risk. Very little toilet paper provided. No fresh coffee and was charged £2.40 per cup of Luke warm instant sachets. No earl grey tea. The scrambled egg and breakfast overall was disappointing. The requested cot even after requesting on booking then phoning to check on the day was not in the room. Whilst this was promptly sorted, the cot was broken and 2 of the sides didn’t lock into place.

The beds were comfortable The lunch we had was good

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

Ok for a one night business stopover but wouldn't stay choose it as a place to stay for pleasure
    • Deluxe Family Room

Broken soap dispenser, poor shower, room generally looked tired and worn, noise insulation from adjoining rooms was poor.

Comfy bed. Restaurant bill combined with room bill. Easy quick check out. Food was OK. Staff were brilliant.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

Functional and adequate.

Restricted breakfast time (Too early); Toaster poor. No marmalade. No hot chocolate, even though listed on menu. Miserly supply of tea, coffee, etc. in room. Cursory bed making each day.

Location, warmth of accomodation and friendliness of staff.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

Good location, easy to find.

Evening meal was disappointing - we weren't told when given the menu that certain dishes weren't available I.e there was no gammon (which several of the party had chosen) and the steak & ale pie was just the gluten free option. We selected this but the veg could have been hotter & the gluten free pie wasn't as tasty but we had chosen it. Another table was complaining & based on what I observed I didn't bother complaining to the member of staff who seemed in a hurry to get rid of us, we declined pudding & we still had some drink left so she made the assumption that we wouldn't want another drink & gave us our bill.

Good location, easy to find. The bedrooms were large & comfy. Reception staff friendly & welcoming. Breakfast was very good, tasty & hot served with a friendly smile.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

Disappointed with accommodation & definitely overpriced

The breakfast was very poor, kept having to ask the only waitress that was on shift for things that had ran out. Poor selection for the continental breakfast. The standard of rooms were basic, I've stayed in far nicer travel lodges at half the price. We paid £215 for two nights. We had ink stains on our quilt cover which the receptionist changed upon request. We will not be staying at the Cross Keys again.

The food in the evening