Reviews of Crowne Plaza Basingstoke 4 stars

Old Common Road, Black Dam, Basingstoke, RG21 3PR, United Kingdom

#8 of 33 hotels in Basingstoke

Read more- opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

It was OK

Went to use the facilities in the morning, both sauna and steam room were turned off. After querying this with reception they then 'turned them on' which of course (Saturday morning? most popular time for the hotel?!) took half an hour. After heating up we discovered a leak in the ceiling of the sauna which was ironically topping up the water bowl for the coals. Really took the chic' out of our stay. (Side note sauna and steam also smelt like an Indian takeaway whats with that?) My friends and I went to a wedding on the Friday evening they paid £29 @ the travel lodge, we paid £69, ?

Room was clean, dinner was lovely - fast service

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

We were there for a specific event so were pleased to see...

The hospitality tray was a little sparse for two people, not enough choice of teas.

We were there for a specific event so were pleased to see that there was plenty of space in the reception area for the meet and greet. The function room was also of a good standard as were the staff serving us all.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Nice modern hotel with great breakfast and gym

There is no swimming pool or spa facility but it’s dose not make take away from the experience the staff are really helpful and friendly anything you need just ask

Great staff, great breakfast ,great sleep in a modern stylish room ,great gym

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Modern clean room.

Bar visit at 22.15pm on a busy Saturday evening, to be told NO draught beers available as the pumps were being cleaned and it would take two hours! Absolutely crazy, couldn’t understand this choice of time & day, unless it was to force customers to purchase bottled beers which were probably more expensive.

Modern clean room. Nice added little extras like biscuits with the tea making facilities and Complimentary bottled water. Good quality food. Friendly staff who were very accommodating and nothing too much trouble.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

Very nice surroundings and a lovely comfortable room,Have stayed here before and will again

The price of the coffee was very expensive, rather too expensive. The young lady that served us our bar food had the most awful finger nails which had half of her nail varnish missing, quiet disgusting

The comfort side was excellent, our beds were first class & the room was lovely. The bar staff were very friendly as were the breakfast staff and also when we booked in, all very helpful

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

It was beautiful, staff were pleasant and breakfast was...

It was beautiful, staff were pleasant and breakfast was AMAZING!!! Loved everything about it and would definitely recommend it!!! Thank you Crowne plaza

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

A very comfortable overnight stay. Will certainly book in again when next in area.

Would have preferred to have more ‘still’ bottled water in room.

The room was very welcoming, warm, comfortable, quiet and extremely clean. The lounge area was comfortable with good facilities. The hotel served the purposes of our visit very well.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Nice hotel - Dull Room

The room. It was a very tired room in need of modernization. The bathroom sink was cracked (black cracks) all over and not very hygienic. Looks like some rooms have been refurbished as i had to walk through a lovely corridor, good lighting and modern but after walking through a partitioning door your presented with the old part of the building. Dull, dreary, worn out carpets and generally out of date. The room felt like i had gone back in time. The hotel itself is focused on conferencing so i guess this is where the focus is. If i had to attend another conference here again i would not bother staying the night before, i would rather get up very early and travel on the day.

Main part of hotel was fine and food was great

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Ok

Tired and dated room, no lift facilities and food in the restaurant was expensive for what it was. Merely reheated frozen chips and fish

Check in staff and restaurant staff were perfect and attentive.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Excellent, perfect get away for a couple or business.

Nothing at all :)

The breakfast was amazing as normal and the bedroom was the height of luxury. The staff were fantastic even if we didn't end up leaving with more toothbrushes than I will ever need, not that is a bad thing. I really cannot recommend this place enough.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Excellent value for money, stayed in newly refurbished room...

Bed was new but extremely hard! Breakfast was not great and although I think there were alternatives available to be cooked fresh, we were not offered these. Coffee was very poor. Do yourself a favour and get breakfast elsewhere for half the price.

Excellent value for money, stayed in newly refurbished room which was super and also very quiet. Lovely staff and a good location.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Dissapointing Stay
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

I only booked this hotel as I stayed there a few months back and was given one of their new rooms. This time I was given an old (non-refurbished rooms) where the carpet was disgusting, bathroom floor tiles cracked with missing grout. I also went to use the Gym (another main reason for booking this hotel) and 2 of the three treadmills not working and no-one around to assist.

Location and Parking

Great facilities and very good value.

Location is just a bit too far away from the town centre and railway station for a comfortable walk, and there are no other attractive eating options nearby.

Lovely comfortable room, very well equipped with lots of nice complimentaries, and possibly the best hotel shower I've come across.

Nice hotel but disappointed with cold breakfast...

Breakfast was cold! Beans cold, eggs cold....beans tasted like they were opened out the tin and poured straight into a steel container to be served. Told one of the staff at breakfast and he looked at me all clueless...apologised then did nothing about it...

Room was nice and spacious. Ironing board, kettle which was helpful. Bar was convenient. Pancakes at breakfast!

Inconsiderate check-in staff.

We had to wait to check in. A customer was outside on the phone as we entered the hotel. The clerk told us we had to wait as she was in the process of checking in someone else....the man outside on the phone! We thought that was quite inconsiderate that we had to wait for him to finish a conversation. The clerk should have she checked us in, then returned to the man's check in. Poor first impression.

It was a convenient stop for the night. The bed was VERY comfortable.

Clean, lovely breakfast. Would stay again.
    • Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

Was not told we was not going to be able to use the restaurant to eat so had to sit in the bar, as the restaurant they had set up was not good. Someone had been sick on a chair in the bar and it took ages before it was cleaned. Mini bar prices were extortionate. A two finger kit kat was £2.50!!

Clean room. Food was very good

The parking is brilliant as its free the staff on reception...

On the site it doesnt show the older rooms only the newer so wasn't happy when I had the older room the TV was awful only had channel 1-5 and the remote hardly worked unless you was close to the TV

The parking is brilliant as its free the staff on reception and the bar are lovely prices for drinks are reasonable

Hurrendous
    • Standard Room

I booked a double refurbished room, I was given a twin older style room. The room smelt very strongly of damp and in all honesty was looking extremely tired and was dirty. I spoke to the manager as I was unhappy and was offered another room in the same style also with twin beds. The manager offered to show me a couple to see if any of them would be better. The manager then proceeded to try and show me the same room twice and lied to say it was a different room. Each room again smelled strongly of damp a fact which the manager agreed and when questioned as to why he would then let a room out that he felt smelled he shrugged and walked away. I accepted that I would have to stay in the original room as it was too late to arrange a different hotel and the hotel couldn't offer me anything of any higher quality. The shower head fell apart when I tried to use it, there was dust and grime all over the room with staining to the light shades, there were hairs all over the bath and bathroom floor. The manager also asked me to make a payment when I had already prepaid for the hotel. He was adamant that no payment had been made until I showed him my bank statement which he accepted with NO apology. To summarise the customer service was honestly diabolical the manager does not care and the rooms are filthy. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Perfect!
    • Standard Room

They made the stay very special, I mentioned it was for my others half’s birthday and they left balloons, and card and a cake! Amazing, couldn’t believe it :)

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Great (& dry!) venue for CarFest South

Shame the spa doesn't have a pool but it is advertised as not having one - maybe a future upgrade to consider? Everything else was great so nothing further to add.

Stayed in adjoining rooms which the kids loved. One room was freshly renovated and very pleasant. Other was yet to be done up but wasn't bad at all. Beds comfy, breakfast great value (pancake machine was a hit!) and staff were great throughout. We will definitely be back for another visit.

Great stay

Room seemed a bit smaller than usual.

Peaceful location.. ample parking.. excellent facilities with comfy bed/room (in the new wing of the hotel) and a v good breakfast to start the day off !

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Room and location were good

When we arrived a couple were complaining and the staff didn’t deal with this very well. There were 2 members of staff dealing with this couple and we were ignored for 15-20 mins. When we finally were served there was no apology or any acknowledgement of our waiting.

Room and location were good

Worst Crowne Plaza I’ve stayed at!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff were rude, under trained.

Highly disappointed! Rude members of staff, unaccompdating and a complete mixup with the rooms booked. The croissants probably were the next thing!

Great - totally exceeded what I was expecting - modern and spotless room.
    • Standard Room

Pizza in the restaurant was poor - like a frozen pizza.

Little extras in the room were free of charge and great bathroom products. Also liked that there was a sign to say other toiletries were available, if you had forgotten anything

2nd time in this Good Hotel.
    • Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Hotel exceeded my expectations.

I arrived early around 2pm and when I checked in the receptionist said my room was ready which I was very happy about. I had a double room with a King size bed which was soft and very comfortable. Room was furnished to a high standard and the bathroom had 2 showers, classic and deluge, again all fittings were of a high standard and modern. I was offered Breakfast at a discounted rate of £12 as I paid for it when I checked in. Well worth it as there is a large Breakfast buffet served until 11am at the weekend. Plenty of seating available as well as a Bar. Hotel also offers a Gym and Sauna and plenty of Parking, handy for the M3 and centre of Basingstoke. Friendly staff too :)

Next time I won‘t book again via booking.com but dirt my with the hotel.

Due to the fact that we booked via booking.com we got again a very old, dated room although new and renovated rooms were available.

Restaurant was new/renovated and the staff was friendly.

Not that great

The lack of room facilities- there wasnt a fridge or safe in the room. The bathroom was dated as was the room and the smelt. There were limited vegaterian options at the restuarnt / breakfast.

Dire

Glasses were not clean from behind bar. Holes in carpet in room. Staff at bar were arrogant. And suprise they don’t sell Bacardi either. Best thing there was breakfast. But staff rude. Trying to take my plate before I’d finished. However the reception is very and updated. Needs a facelift the rest hotel.

Dire

Better than expected
    • Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately the bed was a little hard for us - and found the cost of stay a little high, but thats what you expect being so close to London

Upgraded to an Executive Room - was very spacious and Bathroom was excellent

Very reasonable price for a high quality room.

I don't think there we any negative points during my stay.

Looks like the hotel has recently been refurbished, the rooms were finished to a very high standard, excellent shower, huge TV, very comfortable.

Lovely hotel

No swimming pool, cleaning staff that day ‘no speak english’ is sorry but all your staff should speak English to provide great customer service across the board,

Staff all very polite, clean throughout, little touches by items left in room ie pillow spray etc, good atmosphere in bar

Disappointing as this break was booked because of the leisure activities it advertised.
    • Standard Room

THE HOTEL WAS ADVERTISED AS HAVING ITS OWN SWIMMING POOL. THIS WAS A LIE SO BEWARE! THERE IS NO SWIMMING POOL.

The hotel was modern and our room was lovely. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable although a little hard. Unfortunately our stay was ruined because when we booked the hotel was advertised as having a swimming pool. This was false information, THERE IS NO POOL 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Exceptionally clean,staff were welcoming, nothing too much...

The bath was very high to get in and out of. Wouldn’t stop me staying again though.

Exceptionally clean,staff were welcoming, nothing too much trouble. My daughter is gluten free and they were very accommodating at breakfast. Lovely lady running the restaurant on the Sunday morning. Good quality sausage and bacon, black pudding available. Extremely comfortable bed, spacious bedroom,lots of hanging space,iron and board. Excellent value for money with breakfast.

Only in an emergency!!!!
    • Standard Room

Room was stuffy. Could not open window. There was a large fan on a stand but that would have just circulated old stuffy air!!! Review said rooms were refurbished recently- not sure where!! Room was overpriced

The best stay I've ever had...amazing!

There's nothing crowne plaza could have done better as everything was perfect.

Stayed here as a treat for my partner, we were welcomed by friendly staff and a lovely clean and spacious room with all amenities, my partner received a card and special birthday dessert from the crowne plaza team, we couldn't have wished for a better stay, everything was perfect and we will definitely be returning.

Comfortable and very happy

My husband and I have stayed here in two occasions within the space of 2 months and found it perfect for what we wanted. Staff were friendly, hotel was clean and tidy, and although we didn’t eat here, the menu looked very appealing. Even better was the price we paid for our stay. Would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

Excellent stay

Nothing ...

The cleanliness...the superb refurbished room, the stylish decor and a comprehensive and delicious breakfast selection. Excellent all round.

Very comfortable and good food

Being picky the sachets of milk in the room were off, I tried ringing through a number of times but didn’t get an answer. We went out and bought some milk in the end. On booking.com it advises there is a swimming pool here so we took our swimming gear however the receptionist advised us that there hasn’t been a pool for a couple of years?

The bed was firm but not excessively so. The room had just been refurbished and was excellent including a very good shower. The car park was large with plenty of space, reception was bright and welcoming as was the receptionist. The bar and restaurant were comfortable and the staff attentive without being pushy. The breakfast was excellent, well cooked and carefully presented and the pancake making machine a particularly good feature.

Happy enough and would book again

Road noise from road , unfortunately had room facing the wrong and even though a ways from the motorway I could still hear the traffic evem with windows closed. Also got charged for drinks to room which we never had, still trying to get that sorted

Convenience of location, clean and good restuarant on site

The room smelt of damp we were told it was fire retardant

The room smelt of damp we were told it was fire retardant The housekeeper described the smell like wee The rooms had no air conditioning so we’re hot and stuffy which made the smell worse

Ok but would not stay again.

No air con and window only opened a little. Room smelt a little. Rooms looked a little tired and a lot of the rooms you could see from our room stacked with matresses and lights left on all night. Middle of the hotel garden area neglected.

Comfortable bed

Very good value for money with a few treats included in the...

Very good value for money with a few treats included in the price which were very much appreciated (bottled water, chocolate bars, biscuits, aromatherapy sleep products).

we had high expections but come away very dissapointed
    • Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

we booked 2 nights in an executive room with free mini bar, (2 cans of cokes, 2 small bottle of wine & 1 bottle of Heineken) the second night the mini bar was empty, reception told us that the mini bar was per stay and suggested that I pay extra to have it restocked, on check out I pointed out that had we stayed on a Monday night and a Friday night we would have had 2 mini bars but staying 2 consecutive we only had one, but the price of the room was the same for both options, they agreed and refunded me £12, after paying £11.40 for a coke and a glass of wine at the bar I think a £12 refund for 5 drinks that we had paid for and never had was an insult. needless to say we will not be booking this hotel again.

good breakfast, very comfortable bed, lovely shower

Ok nothing special

The fact i requested a double bed & when i got there i had a twin bed & when i called to get it swapped i was told theirs nothing that can be done until the next day! It was very akward having to sleep beside my partner on a twin bed knowing it was his birthday weekend & no one tried to help us!

Great stay, will use this hotel next time I’m in the area.

Bathroom was a little bit small and some door/ wardrobe closing noise form an adjacent room.

Staff were very helpful and bedroom decor was modern and finished to a high standard. Room was well supplied with items that make business travel better, plenty of towels, bottled water, small fridge, coffee, biscuits, chocolate bars all complimentary. Relief to get a good hotel at last after four poor experiences elsewhere. Good job!

Good for location for business but nowhere near to walk to and eat so restricted to bar/restaurant

Food in the restaurant was not up to the standard of the hotel. Had fish and chips and could not eat the mushy peas, weird taste, colour and watery. Batter soft on fish and fish not cooked very well, hard uncooked chips, did not enjoy. People/children running about and talking in the early hours woke us up and kept us awake.

Bathroom extras, comfy bed, heating you could turn on and regulate.

Great choice at breakfast buffet.

No early check in option without paying another night’s full rate not supportive for us as we were attending a family wedding from midday until late evening.

Great choice at breakfast buffet. Very good standard and comfort in room - I think it was newly renovated

Great stay

It was hard to understand some of the staff. I thought the menu for food was expensive.

Amazing rooms. Comfortable bed. Fantastic shower. Not far from the centre of Basingstoke.

great value for money, would definitely recommend

only one bath robe provided in the room, the iron had some material burnt on which then burnt my own top when being used

great value for money, staff were very pleasant, nice sauna and steam room. Little bonus treats included still and sparkling water, kit-kat and toiletries

See above
    • Standard Room

Reception attitude to my comments on the disappointing bedroom in the morning were straight from the Crowne plaza book of we know our rooms are crap but receptionist don't admit it. er did you not call reception to tell them your heating and TV did not work, HOUSEKEEPER. Room bathroom curtains everything tired and needed a clean . I don't mind paying £135 room only, but this for the standard encountered was a total rip off

The only redeeming factor was the young lady who served me an Americano and a pastry in the morning was courteous and helpful.

Comfortable but wouldnt eat food from your restaurant.

Food tasted bland and something tasted off in my meal and i found a hair in my breakfast meal. There were missing cutlery so had to wait 5 minutes till it was delivered.

Customer service was good

Definitely coming back.
    • Standard Room

My first room was a little chilly but I told the staff and they actually upgraded us to a bigger better room. The staff were perfect!

Best hotel I've been to!

one night stay
    • Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bedroom facilities very good, Bed very comfortable, tea and coffee available. very nice and modern room. restaurant excellent. staff very friendly. Would stay here again.

Highly recommended this venue, excellent staff and everyone went out their way to help with a smile.

The hotel was definitely recently renovated and the standard was impressive from the moment you enter the building and all areas seen. Attended a course for 4 days ,then stayed over for one night , realised the rooms was older, however must commend, it was immaculately clean.

Ok for a business trip
    • Standard Room

Half of the gins on the drinks card at the bar were out of stock - shame! The room and hotel in general were a bit on the chilly side. There was no heating in the bathroom, for example so it was quite cold coming out of the shower. The bathroom had that noisy extrator fan that does nothing useful except make noise. I was not happy that my soap was replaced unnecessarily every morning, as well as my towels despite my hanging them up. From an environmental point of view the hotel could make more effforts. My room in general was old fashioned and needed a revamp. The curtains were from the 1970s as well as the furtniture. The dark brown walls gave me the creeps and it took me 3 nights before I could sleep well.

There was sugar free jam at breakfast, which is the first time I have ever seen this in a hotel. There was also soya milk. The food in general was extremely good quality and good portion sizes. Breakfast was definately worth the money. Complimentary tea, and coffee, water and biscuits in the room. The bed was comfy, which was nice. Room was quiet, althouth I suspect it was also linked to the fact that the hotel was not very full. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Great gym. Sauna and steam room were small but relaxing.

Friendly staff, good food.

Bedrooms are dated compared to the hotels ground floor and they smell a bit musty. The equipment in the gym is old and needs to be updated. It would benefit by having a TV inside the gym, not outside on the wall. Its good to look at something whilst running on the treadmill rather than a blank wall. Most treadmills have mini screens built in these days. Other equipment needs updating too.

Friendly staff, good food.

A very pleasant hotel in which to stay.

The heating controls in the bedroom needed a heating engineer to fathom how they worked but we sussed it in the end, through a bit of trial and error.

Our entire experience was very good.

Recently taken over from the Hilton hotel chain and some...

My favourite draught bitter ale was cloudy and not drinkable,did get a refund but rather have the ale.

Recently taken over from the Hilton hotel chain and some very good improvements made particularly to the rooms.

Staff/Manager extremely helpful in changing rooms due to...
    • Standard Room

The poor standard of the rooms, however these are being refurbished so can only improve once the dated décor and bathrooms are refurbished.

Staff/Manager extremely helpful in changing rooms due to 2 rooms that were unacceptable due to strong damp/urine smell in 1st room and strong cigarette smoke in 2nd room.

Excellent hotel !!!

Air conditioning wasn’t working at the beginning of stay. Additional heater provided by the staff..

Contemporary and cosy rooms.. Excellent facilities! Beautiful internal environment. Nice gym, sauna, steam room with spotless cleanliness and extras provided. Very polite and helpful staff at the reception!! Happy with the the all over service in the hotel.

Bed was very comfy.
    • Standard Room

The bar snack seemed expensive, for just panini and club sandwich and 2 coffee. Mugs too big

Bed was very comfy. Liked the run local map info convenient for the anvil theatre

Comfortable, clean, and spacious, with professional and approachable staff

I had two friends join me for a while over night (after 1-2am), we had drinks from the bar (which were great), and ordered pizzas for the room too. The pizza was awful and tasted like a £1-2 frozen pizza from iceland. This was the only negative comment that I have, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in it's entirety.

The bed gave me the best nights sleep that I've had in a very long time, the shower was spacious, and the service was fantastic from start to finish.

EXCELLENT

WE WOULD HAVE PREFERRED THE ROOM WITH A WALKIN SHOWER, AS OUR OTHER FREINDS HAD, NEXT TIME.

EVERY THING WAS ABOVE AND BEYOND OUR EXPECTATIONS, WE ALL HAD A GREAT TIME. THE STAFF WERE VERY FREINDLY AND COULD NOT DO ENOUGH FOR YOU.

Clean vibrant interior

Bar staff rude and slow, commenting on you’re drinking tendencies is very unprofessional. Ground floor lovely but they seemed to give up decorating the rooms on the second floor.

Clean vibrant interior

Well worth booking

The only minor issue was that the room was very cold on our return and we couldn't get the heating to work. However, this was very minor and did not deflect from a positive experience

Lovely hotel. Spotlessly clean, courteous staff, very good breakfast with a great choice of options and good bar menu. The room was very comfortable.

Overall after the 'checking in' disappointment the hotel and stay was very good.

One small point: when we booked on line it asked what time we would arrive. We stated between 12.00 and 1.00pm. When we arrived at 1.30pm we were told check in was at 3.00pm but we could book in for a fee of £20!!! We had a booked Tour of the Bombay Sapphire Distillery at 3.00pm so we did not check in until we returned at 6.00pm. We were disappointed by this.

Beds were really comfortable with crisp white cotton sheets. good tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Ordered soft poached eggs for breakfast they came cooked to perfection. Couldn't fault anything about this hotel.

not good value for money!
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

the room was not that clean. if somebody walk in the corridor can wake you up. the hotel is old, it need renovation. the Management of this hotel is doing overbooking policy which is extremely bad. I lost a lot of time to go in the other hotel and than go back.

not so far from my office location.

Nice rooms recently refurbished

The night bar staff were not the best. The first who was near the end of his shift was grumpy he was working at Christmas. We were cheering him up but he was moaning which was unprofessional. The second guy seemed brand new behind a bar..i received a disoranno in a pint glass...no ice.. he could barely pull a pint and seemed very anxious. I encouraged him and later found out he normally works on the reception..but not really good enough from a customer point of you. Other than this the stay was very good.

Looked nice and smart but relaxed when we arrived. Rooms were up to a good standard

This was the second time I'd used this hotel as I enjoyed my first stay - won't be staying again.

The mattress was extremely firm. I was first checked unto an uncleaned room, so I had to move. Then the lock on the door did not work. The hairdryer had a split in the wiring which had been taped but it kept cutting out.

The en suite was fantastic

rubbish book through hotels.com to get the revamped rooms.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

old fashion rooms poor quality

Booking.com rooms are not revamp like the web site photos, reception would not change me to new room so moved to a new hotel.

Disaster on first night, Perfect for the remainings..
    • Standard Room

First I have to spend a night in upper floor which was a total disappointment! Room had a bad smell. Walls were green because of humidity! It was like disaster. I have changed my room to a second one. Still same. I was coughing all night. For the rest of my stay they changed my room to ground floor. I was like "Are you serious?". The ground rooms were renovated and they were way better! Whatever you do, do not stay on upper floor! Take this as the only advice..

Renovated rooms and lobby were perfect!

Never come back

Extra charges for services room which was unacceptable as personally i was walked to make order as phone not answer then lady forget to deliver drink and again i was walking to reception ,still i was charged with services room cost :) ... on web site the double room on pictures looking difrent to real , receptions on arrival asked to upgrade room as they was expected that i will refused the double room as was difrent then on web site , upgrade room was 20 £ more and standart was good but was so cold and central hiting do not worked until help was requested and they give as extra warmer.on arrival i have been charged on the front more then i was expected ,also i have been given voucher for 2 drinks and i used them in the restaurant but for the end they charged me for does free drinks :)

Clean room, cleaning Services very friendly and helpfull

A very good hotel, much better than the usual competitors. Ideal for my business trip.
    • Standard Room

The room and the hotel are tastefully designed in a contemporary style which appeals. Clean and spacious throughout. The reception and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was not busy but the food was above average for this type of hotel. The main meal I had was very good but overly generous and I had to leave some, which is always a shame.

Super staff

When we arrived, the bedroom was very dated and the bed was broken. I complained to the reception staff and they were more than happy to help. We got moved to a nicer room (I did have to pay for an upgrade, which was well worth it!) The new room was freezing cold and I couldnt get the heating working and the dressing robes were unclean, it had curry sauce on them (not been washed). We complained again to the reception staff again and nothing was too much to ask! They appologised, gave us drink vouchures and solved all our issues. I cannot fault the customer service from the reception staff!!! Other than that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and loved the refurbished rooms. We would definitely stay again! Thank you to the lovely reception staff that worked on Saturday who provided excellent service!

A comfortable stay
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

The room could have been more modern but I understand that the hotel are undergoing a refurbishment programme. At times the room was also extremely hot but this was welcome on a cold weekend!

The hotel reception area, lunge area and restaurant were very welcoming . The staff were also extremely friendly.

Browse Crowne Plaza Basingstoke traveller photo gallery