Reviews of Crowne Plaza London Ealing 4 stars

Western Avenue, Ealing, London, W5 1HG, United Kingdom

#294 of 977 hotels in London

Average

I requested something special for my boyfriends birthday but received no reply from the staff or hotel. I have stayed at crowne plaza before for my anniversary but the Gerard’s cross branch and they replied instantly offering complimentary desert, card and bedding arrangement which made our day extra special. Unfortunately this was not the case for the Ealing branch, it took forever for our room to be ready despite checking in at 6pm and there was no friendly welcome.

Comfortable and good sized room.

the staff wasnt helpful

I booked for 2 nights stay with breakfast when I went in the morning to have my breakfast they didn't allow me they asked me to check with the reception if I have booking for breakfast, I went again to the reception I been informed that I didn't have breakfast booking which I did ! so I had to go and bring my laptop from the room to show her the electronic reservation, then she said ohh sorry you should had a voucher from the reception when you checking on arrival which it wasn't mentioned at the time, that meant I missed my breakfast and the way the dealt was very unprofessional and embracing , the next day I called for room service around med day it took a while to answer my call and ones he answered he said sorry can we call you back in 1 minuet I was waiting and waiting and they never get back to me , I felt the service was awful.

bed was very comfortable

The cleanliness of the room.
    • Double or Twin Room

The fact that the TV didn't work as in no channels available and when I reported seeing a large amount of spittle on the floor of a lift ,it was still there hours later.

The cleanliness of the room. Upon suggestion to remove charge for parking as a consequence of the TV being off,this was actioned.

Good if you don't need room service

The room service was disappointing. Nobody answered the phone and I had to go downstairs to order some food.

The room was fine. The location is just in front of the underground.

Ideal to RUIN your Holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

1. Very dirty bed sheets (with blood stains) 2. Staff unqualified to deal with guests. 3. Impolite receptionist not welling to service us. 4. Air conditioning was not working. 5. Quality of food in the restaurant was very bad. 6. Room service was terrible.

Spacious room.

The waiter in the bar was constantly friendly and the lady...

The room service was dear and I was charged 9£ over. I didn’t address the matter to save hassle because the goods of the hotel outweighed the bad. The breakfast was nice but little gluten free options for dinner time so had to eat out most nights so maybe adding 2/3 extra options on their menu would strengthen this hotel to a 5 star

The waiter in the bar was constantly friendly and the lady beside reception was great help. The room was great and so was the gym. Hanger Lane is so useful along with the buses to Wembley. The gym was A Class for a hotel. The baths were a small bit smaller then I expected but the showers were great

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Enjoyed our stay it was good that the underground was opposite we used it to go into london

the water in the room was only warm not hot for a bath

The staff were very friendly an polite the room was clean and quite the hotel was lovelly an clean an quite

Location is excellent for anyone staying this far west of...

Although underground station is close, it is unhandy for those who cannot climb stairs. The hotel is quite far from the central part of London and taxi fares are very high.

Location is excellent for anyone staying this far west of the city.

Good location and facilities
    • Double or Twin Room

On check in the receptionist seemed completely unbothered she said our room wasn’t ready when later we found out it actually was, she gave us the wrong times for breakfast so we missed our breakfast we had already paid for. There was an extremely rude waitress at breakfast that couldn’t have been less helpful and there was only one lady on reception during our stay that actually smiled and was approachable.

Good location and facilities

Club lounge facilities not available when we returned at 12.
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

Club lounge facilities not available when we returned at 12.00. We where led to believe that snacks and soft drinks would be available. The bar was also closed

Polite helpful staff all round - at reception, cleaning...
    • Double or Twin Room

Minor point - when coming off the main junction there was no clear direction into the hotel car park.

Polite helpful staff all round - at reception, cleaning staff and restaurant staff. Clean spacious room. Close to public transport We were allowed to stay in the car park until midnight after checking out

Lovely hotel, breakfast, staff were very pleasant. Could do with a couple more milks in the room

Room got quite hot unless the Aircon was on all the time (it was a very hot weekend, so can't really blame the hotel)

Within throwing distance of the tube, took about half an hour/40 minutes to get to Tottenham Court Road.

Value for money
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

Breakfast staff were rude and didn’t seem happy

Club lounge access room, double room. Huge room with a very comfy bed. Big bathroom with a huge bath and spacey shower. Mini bar Assess to the club lounge with complimentary alcohol, soft drinks, water and snacky food. Breakfast was lovely, varied choice.

Far but gives great value for money

Even though the hotel is located near subway station which is comfortable, still it takes long time to go to the city and back.

Rooms were very nice and big comparing to rest of London.

We stayed overnight on a Saturday - going to a concert in...

We stayed overnight on a Saturday - going to a concert in Wembley. Caught the bus outside the hotel and got the bus back. Staff were great. Didn't really use facilities. Breakfast was good £10.00 each and parking 13.50

Great comfortable stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

Room service staff didn't speak very good English and had to repeat order 5 times

Comfortable, clean, great location for Wembley Stadium, Starbucks!

Great location for Wembley Stadium
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception staff were a bit unhelpful ( no taxis but didn’t really have any other suggestions . We had to google trains /bus etc ) Bar staff incredibly slow Part of the ceiling in the room was hanging down when we arrived

Great location for Wembley Stadium Very clean Good value for money Breakfast was really good & lots of choice

Great hotel in great location for Wembley Stadium

It's a fair journey into central London - bout 30 minutes on tube

Fab hotel in a great location for Wembley Stadium - but don't bother getting there by tube if attending an event. There is a bus stop just round the corner from the hotel which takes you direct to Wembley - and it runs late services too! Room was super comfy and staff very welcoming

Pleasant.
    • Double or Twin Room

Put in our first room that wasn’t even cleaned!! Hotel door cards kept not working. Muddled up our booking. And then said we hadn’t paid for breakfast when we had done! But all was sorted for us in the end.

The manager that was on breakfast duty! Delicious breakfast

When are room wasn't ready after about 20 mins of...
    • Double or Twin Room

When we arrived are room wasn't ready although we said we would be there for 14.00 but due to traffic we arrived at 17.30 3.5 hours later the the room still wasn't ready, we had to wait until 18.10. So not happy about that.

When are room wasn't ready after about 20 mins of waiting in reception they let us a lounge for a free drink.

Rooms great

Breakfast was cold someone did offer to heat it for me but I like my breakfast hot when I get it not reheated in a microwave and even worse was coffee was cold to .

Room was very good .

Convenient for the tube and buses.
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

The check in staff were not the best . We had to ask what time breakfast was served until and had to ring up to see what time check out was .... little things that should have been explained. Crowne plaza Manchester airport is 100 percent better customer service.

Convenient for the tube and buses. We went to a concert at Wembley so was great for us

Lovely hotel, polite staff, easy to find. Great links to Wembley stadium
    • Double or Twin Room

We was given a twin room, not double but it didn’t spoil our stay

Lovely comfy beds, air conditioning was fantastic as it was very hot on arrival. Lovely welcome from the hotel manager on reception, and on leaving. Easy to get to Wembley stadium, bus right outside the hotel there and back.. good underground links right over the road. Perfect location!

Disappointing start, turned into a pleasant stay

We arrived @ our check in time of 14:00.. there wasn’t a room ready.. We waited 20 minutes for a key to a room.. we got to the room & it hadn’t been cleaned.. I had to return to reception to get a key for another room.. apart from a disappointing start to our stay it improved a great deal..

The hotel in general was very pleasant, clean peaceful.. apart from expected noise from the main road outside.. nice little touches in our room to make our stay pleasant..

I would stay again if I could get the same rate.

The surrounding area is not the best however the underground station is very close by so really convenient.

The room was very clean, spacious and had a comfortable bed. The late check out was great after a very long previous day.

Perfect weekend away

Only fault, if any, was that in the rooms there was no windows that could functionally open. We just had to make full use of the air con.

I had booked for my partners 22nd Birthday and the staff went above and beyond their service, giving us a club room and free breakfast. We are both so grateful and loved our experience. I think the staff member we spoke to was called Aniska? She was lovely and offered us the upgraded room. We would defniatly stay here again if we explore back down in London. The room had a nice view and the breakfast was delicious, made our mornings.

No local restaurants , no pubs , it's a tourist coach stop

We have stayed here 4 times now . Every time we been , they put us in a rear room facing car park . Every time there are coach parties/ drivers reving coaches charging there air brakes at 5:00 and 6:00 in the Morning , then chatting foreign guest loading luggage. Just to top it off , the knocked on our door at 7:00am and then again at 8:00 ,obviously thinking we were part of the coach party . Staying at the Park Inn next time , and what's more charged me £13.00 to park my car !!!!!!!

Staff and location

A clean and comfortable hotel; great service and great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

I've stayed in lots of 3 and 4 star hotels across London on business, but have to say I found this stay outstanding; the welcome, friendliness and quality of service at breakfast in particular.

Good Value

I found the the Mattresses were too soft for my comfort.

Good location and very near the underground station. Good parking facilities and the breakfast was decent would definitely stay here again next time I am in London.

fantastic
    • Double or Twin Room

the room utensils were a little dusty and also the kettle wasnt working and i wanted to make tea and coffee at night.

the staff were very friendly and professional. The room was spacious and very comfortable. I would stay at this hotel again in the future!

Won’t be staying again. Go to hotels fundementaly to sleep and did not get a nights sleep
    • Double or Twin Room

Very noisy group of guest kept me awake from 430 am onwards. I complained and the response was poor and inadequate asked for manager waited 20 minutes he did not appear

Overall hotel quality was as expected

Excellent location and only 1 min walk from Underground.

To pay £13.50 per day for onsite-parking. It should be either free for guests or max £5.00 per day.

Excellent location and only 1 min walk from Underground. Within 30 min you are in Oxford Street. Room is spacious and comfy. Also daily complimentary water and wifi reception was excellent. Enough choices at the Breakfast Buffet.

Perfect weekend stay.

Distance to central London, but very close to Central Line tube station.

Very friendly staff and nice clean rooms. Good value for money. I will be back.

Adequate on this occasion but the food is terrible and there is no real choice in the vicinity
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

The food is appalling. The dinner menu is reheated rubbish and ludicrously expensive. A pity really as the rooms are OK and the staff were pleasant in the main

Average for a hotel of its type with regard to the the room and staff

Disappointing, rude staff and unhelpful foreign staff

See previous answer

The two receptionists were rude and argued in front of us. My reservation was under an incorrect customers address and the remainder of the room staff refused to talk English when we asked for help when we locked ourselves out of the room on the morning of check out.

• Double or Twin Room

Room was very clean the bed very comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to Hanger Lane underground station, in 25 minutes you will be in the city.

Excellent location and one of the most pleasant stays I have had stopping anywhere overnight for the football Breakfast was amazing choice and quality of the breakfast was out of this world

The room was very nice and welcoming
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

Booked online for 1 night with breakfast. Arrived then to be told £13.50 for parking. Bit of a joke when paying £202 for my room. Then breakfast was only continental included which was not instructed on the booking website. Had to pay additional £6.50 each.

The room was very nice and welcoming

Overall experience was great. Would use hotel again
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Being a disability room I am partially sighted and although there is a big window in the room they only have mood lighting and no main light in the centre of the room, so at night the room is quite gloomy for someone with my disability.

I stayed in a disability accessible room. One of the best nights sleep I’ve had. Very quiet good soundproofing. The bathroom was spacious although we didn’t eat at the hotel as we had a busy couple of days. Excellent location close to Hanger Lane tube stati9n.

Disappointing after all.

Staff working at the reception was not experienced. Took them a long time to check us in, made two mistakes. First was getting us a wrong invoice to pay while everything has been booked and payed via Booking. Second, we got a room key of already occupied room which caused an embarrassing moment once we've entered a room. We didn't get any upgrade or discount for such unprofessional service. Staff at the breakfast was also slow and blunt in cleaning up very quickly after we've finished a plate. There was a lack of discreetness and good manners. I will definitely not stay there again.

Starbucks coffee in the restaurant. Bed was quite comfortable.

Overall our stay was very acceptable
    • Double or Twin Room

Starbucks coffee was a bit of a let down. We ordered a frappacino and the result was less than satisfactory.

The breakfast was excellent value for money.

Necessary to stay for event but not too impressed by staff although room was comfortable

Air conditioning packed up first night and it took 4 phone calls to get staff to fix it. Hottest day of the year so far! Then it packed up again the next night and another phone call to reception but no one came. We had to sleep with window open as it was far too hot - very noisy from the road so uncomfortable to sleep.

Room itself was good, staff on the bar got my drink wrong and the sandwiches were awful

Lovely spacious room.

Lovely spacious room. Good supplies. I asked for a quite room as not used to noise at night. Ate in the bar, food good. Staff good. Parking available also.

Reception stuff were really friendly
    • Double or Twin Room

We were two people and there was one bathrobe which was dirty and the towels were dirty aswel. There was only one pair of slippers aswel. When I called the reception to request new towels and another bathrobe they said there was none left. I know is not their fault but I was looking forward to my stay I didn’t expect dirty towels and not being able to replace them

Reception stuff were really friendly

Good value. Especially for a Saturday night
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been a little bit warmer.

Hotel was very clean. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms were well furnished and clean. Shower was very good. The only thing was that we had to pay for parking which was not put on the web site. It was only £13.50 but it’s all added extras that wasn’t planned for. There was a good choice for breakfast.

Good value for money, would come again

Paid parking, just one candy and one bathrobe for 2 people :)

I liked the light in the room, I was surprised to see so much natural light. Room clean and spacious. Breakfast good, friendly staff.

Very very clean, very comfy bed best night sleep in a long...

Very very clean, very comfy bed best night sleep in a long time.Staff were extremely helpful with advice with the tube etc. Extremely good value for money will stay here again

Great!
    • Double or Twin Room

Provision of hand soaps in rooms.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Crowne Plaza. We encountered no difficulties finding the property and pleased to have been able to park (hassle free) outside for an additional cost of £13.50 per night. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable and tea and coffee making facilities were available for us.

Overall excellent stay

To have adjoining rooms. I booked a twin room but when we arrived we were told only double bed rooms were available. Spent 3 nights sleeping with adult daughter!!

Staff very helpful. Breakfast choice brilliant. Room clean and tidy with excellent facilities.

Close to underground and clean accommodation
    • Double or Twin Room

1. Hand-shower was broken in bathtub so it was fixed in very low level. It made hard to use bath. 2. In our five nights stay, three times I had to change/fix my keycard. Although I never placed them next to phone or magnetic thing. 3. I met four staff in reception, two of them were ok. Tired of their jobs but at least they tried to show they care about the customers. One receptionist was really great. She showed some enthusiasm about the service she was providing. One personnel in reception was awful. I asked for fixing of the keycard. After two times go and back to third floor of hotel and failure in opening my door, she decided to cone with me and check why the door can not be opened. She slammed the door in reception and asked me to follow her, so she may fix the problem. I have traveled to 62 countries and I can say this was one of my worst experience in terms of hotels staff. In general staff need to go under extensive training to learn how to communicate and interact with customers. 3. Once the housekeeper forgot to make our room but they fix it so fast. 4. This hotel is not anything near to four star accommodation. At best you can give a moderate three stars rate.

The hotel is close to Hanger lane underground station, so in 25 min you will be in the city. The room was clean and air-condition was good.

Great stay

Spent 4 nights during the Easter weekend.Excellent location next to the tube. Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place for future stay.

It was okay

The staff were abrupt which came across rude. Asked to be put up on a higher floor but got put on ground floor. That meant people coming in and out of the conference room was heard as a light sleeper. Didn't like the fact you cannot open the windows

The bed was comfy Room was spacious.

Great hotel great value for money we will definitely stay here again

Couldn’t fault this hotel

Beds very comfy, hotel very clean and 2 minute walk from Hanger Lane underground which is on the central line 25 mins to central London.

We really enjoyed our up-market experience.
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

Just beware, you could hear some aeroplane noise.

The spacious Club double room was well worth the extra. Really close to Hanger Lane tube station and the Central Line tube takes you strait to Oxford Circus. I am looking forward to returning again.

I will definitely seek out other crowne plaza hotels for my hotel next stays

The ac system but I suppose that can't be helped. They always give me a strange headache even in my car.

Super comfy and clean. I had an office chair in my room which was perfect. The little chocolates in the tea tray were delicious. Thankyou! The fridge was brill! I often buy milk as I dislike the uht stuff so I was delighted. I couldn't fault my stay here. The gym and restaurant looked fab though I didn't get a chance to use either. Highly recommended. The hangar lane underground is just across the road.

Very good hotel, comfy bed and super clean. I will stay at Crowne Plaza again if possible.
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe some directions or helpful hints so that you can enter the car park more easily... its a very busy roundabout and quite difficult to negotiate without prior warning!

Bed was lovely and the pillows especially. Room was very clean and staff very friendly and helpful.

Shame about the first experience with the reservation not being found on the system

Person at reception couldn't find our reservation on the system and questioned whether it had been made via booking.com (despite me having a copy of the reservation printed out). They had given my room to another guest and therefore mine couldn't be found. Awkward situation and not a great start to the stay!

Nice, clean room. Good location.

Great stay, well worth the Monday.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great stay, well worth the Monday. The location was great because it was right next to the underground. Clean room, friendly staff, nice breakfast. Definitely will return.

Good, but there's room for improvement
    • Double or Twin Room

Some of the restaurant staff (breakfast time) looked like somebody hoovered the soul out of them, looked like they hate their jobs and anybody asking them anything.

Nice, clean and comfortable apartments, good air conditioning, beds are just superb

Overall nice hotel. Highly recommended.

Vegetarian options in the breakfast buffet were poor.

The hotel is ideally located within less than a minutes walk to Hanger Lane underground station which meant we were able to get to central London in 30 minutes. The breakfast is good. Overall nice hotel. Highly recommended.

Great staff, great breakfast, clean room and bathroom

I am not happy because they will charge bottle of water since they put refills water bottles system, before anytime I asked in reception was free of charge. :( Small fridge doesn’t keep cool enough when I put my medication in. I had to use ice bucket to keep medication in cool.

This is not my first time staying at this hotel and I always happy.

Definitely will return

- Location is brilliant about 20/25 mins on the tube to central London (the tube station is literally a minute or two away from hotel) - Breakfast was great and was a long time period for breakfast which was great didn’t feel rushed in a morning to get up for breakfast. ( 6-10 weekdays 7-11 weekends) -bed was very comfy - parking on site which was £13.50 per night which in comparison to other places was very cheap

Everyone was so friendly and helpful, we were so lucky with...
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

Everyone was so friendly and helpful, we were so lucky with our club lounge access deal and it was so amazing! I would stay here all the time if the deal was still on. So amazing and my boyfriend loved it. Please do a deal again soon! Totally worth the price.

The room was very comfortable, although not enough...

Parking charges were a bit too steep I felt especially as we weren't even going to be there for 24 hours.

The room was very comfortable, although not enough tea/coffee and milk had to ask for some more but that's wasn't a problem. The room was quiet even though we were next to a very busy road/roundabout.

pretty OK

Breakfast is relative simple for 4stars. If you don't conider British Breakfast - a lot of Musli... I wonder how the asian people think about the issue...

Reception was warm and friendly..

Decent hotel with good gym
    • Double or Twin Room

Could hear some noise from other rooms but not too bad. Otherwise all fine.

v good gym by normal hotel standards. Very effective restaurant manager for breakfast who was engaging and hospitable. Good value for £82 inc. breakfast.

A very good stay

Booked through Booking.com, yes special price, but was given a disabled room which was not preferred. Could have been warned.

The staff with very friendly and helpful. The room was a decent size, and breakfast really good and a lot of variety

Surprisingly good value for a hotel in London!
    • Double or Twin Room

I liked everything about this hotel and would definitely stay again.

Very well-maintained building. Very good value for money. Conveniently located. Good-sized room and very clean. A range of facilities and amenities, including room service and a Starbucks Cafe located on site.

Nice clean comfortable hotel with good staff but bar, breakfast and parking let it down.

The bar is very, very expensive even for London prices. The breakfast wasn’t very if you like a cooked breakfast, the cold buffet looked ok. Cooked breakfast is also buffet the only eggs on offer were scrambled and looked like they’d been there for over an hour. There was no bacon when I went up, I asked a waiter if we could get some more and then the chef came out with two rashers on a plate (there were 4 of us waiting!!!). Apparently eggs are cooked to order but there wasn’t a notice stating this and the waiter didn’t inform us of it. Toast is done on a conveyor type machine where it comes out cooked on one side and untouched on the other!

The room was very spacious, bed was very comfortable, heating controls easy to use and effective. Staff were very good and attentive to requests.

The hotel was pretty good.
    • Double or Twin Room

The variety in the breakfast was below our expectation. And also, room was airless.

The hotel was pretty good. Room was clean and well organized. It had a good restaurant where you can chill in the evenings having a pint of beer or coffee with a foods and deserts.

Ok for 1 night
    • Double or Twin Room

We’ve seen more polite receptionists. We came very tired and didn’t receive a warm welcome. And also, there are foreign couples visiting your hotel. Let’s take that into consideration, be patient and nice to all your guests.

• Double or Twin Room

Well I was very disappointed to make my morning coffee in the room to find the milk was out of date and was like cheese, then at breakfast the fruit I put in my bowl was frozen solid therefore I couldn't eat it.

The staff are very welcoming which is great, the beds are very comfortable, room was spacious with a view of Wembley stadium.

Very pleasant comfortable stay. With friendly helpful staff. Will definitely book again.

There was only one chocolate and one small packet of biscuits even though the room was booked for 2 people. The A/C was very noisy rm404. The staff did offer to change our room. We declined due to the lateness of the hour. We were advised to turn it off which we did...

Lovely large room & comfy bed. Loved the complimentary water, biscuits and chocolate. Only enough for one though.

The stay was perfect. Clean, spacious rooms. Tasty meals - good service. 👌

We were conscious of a noisy lift, especially throughout the night. Could do with some attention!

The size of our double suite for us to celebrate Christmas. Friendly and knowledgable staff Good restaurant service and good quality food

Fantastic location and excellent service - highly recommend.
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

The room was very spacious and well equipped. Will certainly return. We sadly left items behind, reception staff very friendly and helpful to oversee a safe return.