Reviews of Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre 4 stars

70 Shudehill, Manchester City Centre, Manchester, M4 4AF, United Kingdom

#16 of 93 hotels in Manchester

Beautiful hotel, excellent location, marvellous staff. I'd certainly book this hotel again!
    • Queen Room

The night staff could have been more friendly. After travelling back from Madeira, we were exhausted as it was so late at night. We arrived to sullen faces, and those faces just did not want to interact with us. I got the impression that they were eager to get back to speaking to the person that was at the reception with them.

The hotel was lovely. Very chic, modern, and had everything that we could have asked for. We arrived late at night which maybe wasn't ideal, but we got checked in even though it quite stilted, but on entering our room, we soon forgot about the initial reception. The room was inviting, the ensuite was stunning. There was ample tea/coffee and biscuits (my dream when staying anywhere). The following morning, we could not have faulted any of the staff. They were friendly, approachable, helpful and very accommodating. We were staying the full day in Manchester and were able to leave our cases with the concierge, which left us empty handed and ready for the shops. I'd highly recommend this hotel!

Not cheap and not cheerful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room wasn’t ready when we checked in at 5pm, we were offered a later check out or a free drink at the bar... The room was very basic and very tired, my rate was £176 and certainly didn’t feel like I got value for money.

Location wise it was pretty central, however the area didn’t seem particularly nice, I wouldn’t have been comfortable walking on my own at night Staff were happy to help

Staff lovely and very friendly
    • Queen Room

Stains on the carpet in the room (looked like blood) and only had two tea bags in tea tray which was a bit stingy . Was annoying that when returning to our room at 1.15am the card didn’t work to open the door so twice had to go back to reception ! But apart from those bits and pleasant stay

Staff lovely and very friendly

Good hotel just need to work on the friendliness of some of the staff
    • Queen Room

Staff could have been a lot friendlier during booking process prior to and on our arrival. Breakfast was poor - 15 minute wait even though many tables were free, no milk, glasses or fruit When I asked the waitress for these items she just looked at me and walked off. However when I complained to reception the breakfast was refunded so I can't complain too much.

Hotel is in a great location, rooms are a decent size with good facilities

Lovely hotel!!
    • Queen Room

Amazing hotel! Booked with the intention of getting away somewhere different for a change of scenery with my boyfriend. Both of us were very happy with the room and frequently commented on how much we wanted to stay! The bed was very comfortable and it was massive! The bathroom was also 10/10, with it having a separate bath and shower. Will definitely stay here next time I am in Manchester and have already recommended to my friends!

A great place to stay if you're going to Manchester Arena.
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

Although it was a large comfortable bed, the pillows were hard and not comfortable, at least not for me .

Friendly Staff, good service, nice hotel, good location a few minutes walk from Manchester Arena.

The hotel perfectly met our requirements for a short break in Manchester.

No real drawbacks.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Reception staff were courteous and helpful. The hotel's location is ideal for easy access to all city centre facilities eg shops, theatres and restaurants. No car needed.

Good location, disappointed with the room, some staff spoke very little English

The room I was given was for a disabled person, with a seat in the shower and red pull cords in the room in case of an emergency. The shower should have had a screen rather than a cheap curtain. Considering this room was for a disabled person, the plug socket for the kettle / charger was located near the skirting board, therefore having to get on hands and knees to plug in!! When ordering wine from the bar the barman did not understand what I was asking for, I was charged over £8 for a glass of wine, which I thought was extremely high, London prices in one of the popular locations, not a Manchester Hotel bar that had little atmosphere.

The room was well equipped, clean and tidy

Overall a good overnight stay. Our second visit to hotel and would definitely make return visit.
    • Queen Room

Didn't appreciate attitude of staff in the bar area. Our room was next to stairs and the door to the stairs kept banging closed which wasn't ideal.

Facilities in room excellent. Everything you would need. Safe, fridge, iron, tea making facilities. Excellent breakfast, could have been a bit hotter though.

Reception staff were amazing on check in the rooms were...
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Reception staff were amazing on check in the rooms were superb had a great night sleep which was important as we had an early morning flight thankyou guys

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Rooms were modern and equipped with everything we needed. Great to have a fridge in the room. Great breakfast and location and the staff were very helpful and friendly.f Would definitely stat again.

Great city centre hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wasn't told about parking and that would have been really helpful. There was subsidised parking but we were not aware

Loved the decor, staff and facilities. Lovely reception and bar area. Rooms were spacious and really well furnished

I would stay there again
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

I did want a lounge with my bedroom, but was offered the access to the club lounge. Made working a bit more difficult due to the lack of space.

The bed is extremely comfortable and makes for a good night sleep. The staff is amazing. The room was slightly dusty.

Lovely hotel with friendly staff
    • Queen Room

Lovely staff, breakfast was amazing and hotel room was fantasic, would definitely stay again! Also thank you for reccommending the cat cafe, it was awesome!

From the moment we arrived the staff we welcoming , we...
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

From the moment we arrived the staff we welcoming , we didn’t check in until after 11pm, but staff were very friendly and the bar was still opened grab a drink, including a hot chocolate for my daughter. Breakfast was a great selection, again staff really helpful and friendly. The room had two double beds which were extremely comfortable and a fairly large bathroom, all nice and clean. Check out was quick and a taxi arrived with 2 mins of our request. Exceptional service throughout.

Recommended - with concierge replacement
    • Queen Room

When we arrived the two people at concierge have us a look like we were something they'd scrape off their shoe. Pillows were not comfortable. Area was a bit rough.

All other staff were amazing. Bed itself was super comfy. Situated close to the centre. Breakfast was excellent and great value.

Not bad
    • Queen Room

Bed was too soft Not really value for money Night staff not very knowledgable on where to eat

Location was fine for the northern quarter. Room was clean. Good black out curtains

Very pleasant in a convenient location.
    • Queen Room

The bed was a little soft for us but I'm sure some people love soft beds. A little picky but warm plates at breakfast would stop the food getting cold so quickly.

The room was really clean and the hotel was clean and spacious. The breakfast was good.

Billy Joel concert
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

As on Saturday staff were rude at the bar which spoilt our lovely nite out and our stay. No tv control asked never got one. Parking wasn't allowed to put car back in after taking out even though we paid for that service.

Friday nite excellent. Darren on bar pleasure to be around made our nite. Chef was excellent. Very helpful and funny. Breakfast staff Lauren and savana couldn't do enough for u in the mornings made it a pleasant breakfast no rush to get us out. Thank you guys.

breakfast spoilt the experience
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

breakfast - not very well set out had to queue for 25 minutes to get a table and then was put on a back wall could not even get in and out without knocking something off someone else's table - abysmal - tables far too close together felt as if i was with the people either side of me.

rooms and bed comfy reception staff very helpful

Lovely clean, modern room with nice little touches such as...

No Faults

Lovely clean, modern room with nice little touches such as pillow spray, complimentary bath and body products, lovely cookies and hot drink sachets, Breakfast in the morning was so tasty and a good variety.

Avoid this place like the plague!!!!!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I have stayed in numerous 4 star hotels throught the country over the last 30 years and I have to say that this was by far the WORST !!! From the moment we checked in it was clear that the staff had been on sales prevention courses an had passed with flying colours. The cleanliness of the hotel was so poor that on visiting the toilets at 14.00 hrs to see towels and wet tissues and water ( I hope it was water) all over the floors ws only surpassed to see the exact same towels and tissues STILL there at 23.00 hrs.

The bed was comfy

Mid week shopping trip
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Nothing really. We had a very comfortable stay. Everything was great.

The staff were so helpful. Daniel at reception was very helpful with everything. The location is perfect so close to transport and shopping centre. The comfiest bed I've probably ever slept in. Room wad perfect. Can't fault this hotel

Overall good stay howvever poor customer service on arrival.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

I didn't like when I checked in I was quoted more than double the price of my booking.com price - reason given by receptionist was that there was a local concert with Beyoncé therefore rates for room was higher! However I showed him confirmation of price from booking.com and I was told ok I believe you! He also was unable to locate my booking for ages - even tho I gave him spelling of surname.

The location is really good. Tram stop very near, car park near, shopping close bye with lots of restaurants as well.

Comfortable room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Was not happy that I had requested twin room but was given a double so my son had to be squeezed in on a camp bed which was not very comfortable plus took up any space left in the room. It would have been better for the hotel to have told me in advance so I could have made an alternative plan

Comfortable room. Good situation.

Not as good as it once was
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

I've been staying at the hotel for a lot of years now. Generally, the standard has dropped over time. The breakfast in particular is no where near as good as it used to be. Cold bacon.... no fruit left in the buffet...quality not great. The bar area is also a bit tacky now. Under staffed bar...glass of wine not great and quite pricey... little choice by the glass.

The reception staff and quality of the room

Great One Night Stay

Small separate showers

The staff were so friendly & extremely helpful nothing was too much trouble including changing are room because of the shower being small & Wow! what a room. Thanks Nicola made are stay

Lovely stay, clean hotel. Thank you
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Luckily we kept the thin drapes closed as the view wasn't all that but it didn't fuss us.

The hotel is clean, decorated lovely and very comfortable. The beds were great, room service was so efficient even at busy times. The staff were extremely helpful and I would love to stay here again. We were there with our children but didn't have breakfast at the hotel, however its location puts it within walking distance of Arndale shopping centre and loads of eating places. We loved hotel. Bathroom spacious and lovely. Thank you.

Friendly staff and great location
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Location was great, we were in town for the Taylor Swift concert and it was a 20 min walk to the stadium. The hotel was also right in the centre of town which was helpful for going to get food before the concert. Staff were really friendly and helpful, they gave us advice on how to get to and from the stadium. The room was lovely and clean, and the beds were very comfortable. I have a Samsung phone and it was easy to hook up to the tv.

Definitely stay there again, good location with a very short walk to all my favourite places
    • Queen Room

My room was cold and it impacted on my sleep. I could have asked for help with air con but didn’t so was all my fault

Very comfy bed, staff all very pleasant, clean.

Good hotel
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

Was disappointed with the club lounge. Thought it could have offered more up to date facilities, seemed a little outdated and needed modernisation. More info would have been helpful on the website regarding what the club room was! A bit misleading to say the least.

Liked the room, stayed on the top floor level 8. Had access to the club lounge.

The staff on the reception were amazing.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The staff on the reception were amazing. We were there for a concert and they had maps and tram directions all ready for us. The room was lovely, the bathroom had seperate bath and shower so was pretty large. The location was perfect. Only half an hours walk to Etihad stadium or 5 mins on the tram.

TERRIBLE AND WILL NOT STAY IN ANOTHER
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No welcoming from staff on arrival or any helpfulness. Basically given our key card and left to our own devices. The view we had looked on to a roof and high closed buildings and with an excited 8 year old who was a bit disappointed to discover this was her view of Manchester! When I asked for us to be moved they weren’t willing to do so and for £200 for 1 nights stay I expected so much more! Will NOT stay here again and will not be recommending anyone else to do so.

the Location was the best thing about his hotel!

Ok
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Include breakfast in price asked to see my credit that I had played with witch I did not have had to pay again waiting for refund hope I get it soon not happy about this at all

Bar open late

Great hotel, great location, great stay
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The toilets by reception were rather dirty on the Sunday evening, I would have expected better from this hotel.

I could not really rate the hotel facilities as did not use them however everything else was excellent. Reception staff were polite and extremely helpful. I booked early so got a great price.

Very comfortable and great location. Would stay here again without hesitation.
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

TV not working and even when reported, still not working. Wrongly charged at bar and was told it would not be added to my account. At checkout - it was. This was rectified by the excellent receptionist at check-out. Upgraded from Executive Lounge breakfast which was good quality to full breakfast and paid the additional money for this. We found breakfast disappointing and would not upgrade again at this hotel.

Loved the really comfy bed. Really friendly and helpful receptionist. Sorry didn't get her name, she had blonde hair. Really liked the Executive lounge and the food and drinks included

Lovely hotel, nice staff overall lovely stay they just needed to look at little details.
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

The room needed a good deep clean.. chair and bedspread had some white stains.this was mentioned to a girl from housekeeping. Choice of canape in lounge where pretty poor.because we didnt eat the sticky rib and potato wedge we where not offered anything else.

Good size room and staff where friendly and helpful

Bed was so big and comfortable!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking was £17 for 24hours but if you pre book at NCP print works it’s only £10.

Bed was so big and comfortable! Location was great and staff were very friendly. Breakfast was delicious.

Comfortable stay right in the centre of Manchester
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a bit of a queue to check in but Ed Sheehan was playing Manchester so can be excused!

The bed was super comfortable & extra pillows were provided. Iron and ironing board were also included as standard which was good. Hotel next to the printworks so excellent location.

My go to hotel when staying in Manchester.
    • Queen Room

Used to have an in room movie option that they stopped doing and i miss that. Sink did not drain. Noisy little kids running up and down the corridor was annoying.

My go to hotel when staying in Manchester. Great location. Modern decorated rooms. Comfy.

Perfect
    • Queen Room

Toilet had massive crack in it.

Everything was great really enjoyed the stay! Facilities were fantastic! Couldn’t hear the traffic as it’s located near a road, plus couldn’t hear foot traffic outside your room or by other rooms which is great

Comfortable and relaxing
    • Queen Room

Large queue at check in as would bot let anyone check in before 2 would be better if let people check the never if could have rooms to avoid large queue

Very friendly staff big clean modern rooms

Not quite the 4 star experience I expected.
    • Queen Room

The attitude of one of the reception desk staff was not what I would have expected in a Crowne Plaza hotel. Very disappointed. Bar staff need better training too- given my drink in a dirty glass.

The room was spotless and the bed was really comfortable. Lots of choice for breakfast and the staff in the restaurant were really efficient and welcoming.

I love Manchester
    • Queen Room

Room has all facilities, bathroom with bath and shower use of robe and slippers. Complementary water and all hot drinks. Very modern and light, would definitely use the crown plaza again. Very good location comf

Clean modern hotel in a great location for the centre.
    • Queen Room

Clean modern hotel in a great location for the centre. Check in was fast and staff were helpful and polite. The room was very clean and comfortable. Would recommend.

Great Ed Sheeran stay
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Very strict on check in time.. Even by 15 minutes!! Was also given a room with an interconnecting door and a noisy neighbour!

Great Central location, very friendly staff around especially at check out

Generally ok
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Concierge trying to Put me in camera van aigburth opposite kingsman in layby private hire taxi which had been booked for somebody else I would not of been insured and it’s illegal

Overall an excellent stay
    • Queen Room

The view could of been better but myself I didn’t really mind

A lovely room and a lovely bathroom also the bed was very comfortable, overall a very good stay.

Very pleaseant room - reception staff excellent - would stay again just for the excellent breakfast
    • Deluxe Club Double Room with Lounge Access

Room service was slow although we did accept there were lots of guests in the hotel due to the Ed Sheeran concert at the Etihad.

Location was very good for all amenities, shopping and Etihad Stadium (30 mins walk), bed very comfortable, all the hotel staff very helpful and the breakfast was the best I've had.

Lovely staff made the stay extra special
    • Queen Room

We had a great stay. The staff were lovely: friendly helpful and efficient and that was the icing on the cake really. The rooms were fab with the added bonus of a large number of TV channels including Sky Sports. The breakfast was good quality and plentiful. We would definitely stay here again next time we are in the area.

It's a nice hotel, but there's others in the area for a more reasonable price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bit pricey and our room was left only half-cleaned one day. We assume the cleaner got interrupted halfway through. Air-con unit was also quite noisy and disrupted our sleep.

Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Hotel is well located for Printworks & Arndale and lots of restaurants nearby. Also close to buses, trains & trams.

Classy Crowne
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The staff were truly very nice and friendly . The room was perfect . We booked a twin room . The beds were a great size . Super comfortable . The room also had a television and ensuite . The location is perfect . Very close to the Victoria Station in Manchester .

Nice hotel, but staff need instructions on customer service!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff not very approachable. Breakfast staff very grumpy, not helpful at all. Had to ask for coffee, cutlery and fresh milk on the table. Slightly away from the centre of town , but within walking distance.

Nice hotel, but staff not very friendly, verging on grumpy! Room comfortable and clean. Had problems with the room, booked a twin, but tried to give us a double, till I made a fuss. Tried to say it was mine/booking.coms fault, but I stood my ground, and they did give us a twin in the end. My booking was definately for a twin, but I should have phoned to confirm this-not heard this before !!

Lovely rooms and comfy beds
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Lounge Access

Lounge access was a feature of our room, but availability of canapés in the evening was limited. Continental breakfast was a bit limited . Car parking charges were higher than expected or detailed in the confirmation. Need to update these costs on the website, and be clear about discounts.

Beds were comfy, good nights’s sleep. Central for shopping. Nice coffee in the Club Lounge.

Nice hotel in a good location.
    • Deluxe Club Double Room with Lounge Access

The carpet was stained and slightly worn. The shower was quite tight.

The hotel was in a good location. The room was very quiet and the bed was comfortable.

Brilliant, we will definitely be back!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We booked a table in the restaurant and on arrival the restaurant wasn't open. We had to wait for 10 minutes to be seated. Service was poor. We highlighted this to our waiter at the end of our meal, he apologized and offered us 10% off our bill.

A brilliant hotel in a great city centre location. Room was very clean, modern and comfortable. Restaurant food was lovely.

All in all a pleasant experience. Easy, convenient and a very good standard.
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

Although the room was clean to a very good standard, we could still smell cigar smoke in the bathroom. It didn’t ruin our stay at all, but for the sake of feedback because I think some guests may complain at that.

Autumn, the lady serving us on the club room was exceptional. Vegan canapés were also made available to us at the last minute which is a massive plus for me.

Nice place and very clean but a few signs of wear and tear
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

The executive lounge was a little bland. The staff were nice and refreshments good.

The bathrooms were very clean and the reception was quite impressive and very friendly.

Pretty perfect

Nothing worth mentioning!

Location perfect, friendlier/warmer reception staff than I’ve experienced anywhere else. Comfy beds, great blackout curtains, perfect bathroom lighting, tasty room service meals, great free WiFi connection

Did the job. Good location. Cheaper at a Premier Inn same atandard
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had to sweet talk the girl n the desk to include a breakfast which she did eventually. Come on hotel, 3 stags are going to want feeding in the morning. I’m sure £160 a night would cover some bacon and a coffee without us having to charm our way into one. Room and ensuite were quite small / tight.

Comfortable hotel
    • Queen Room

The drinks where expensive and we did not get the breakfast it was cheaper in the widerspoons across from the shopping center.

Excellent hotel beds very comfortable and no noise at night , the location was perfect for me and the staff where very polite and professional!

10 out of 10 and will be booking again when we come back in July.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Can’t say we didn’t like much. Everything was so close witch made walking around so easy.

Food was amazing and the little touches like a bathrobe in the room topped it off. Bed was so comfortable we didn’t want to get out. 😊.

Perfect weekend, with a beautiful room to return to each night.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location was excellent, hotel was beautiful and the rooms where comfortable and spacious with a huge viewing window. Staff were very helpful and the hotel was spotless.

Staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I did not like that I had to call the night staff Jalal Haider three times to assist me with the luggage, which I was taking to my room, while it was raining and It was not like that he was busy or something, I was the only customer at the front desk.

Location of the hotel is excellent.

Basically an inconvenience. Wouldn’t be returning
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

On arrival there was 2 members off staff available at the check in desk and none of them acknowledged my presence. So I waited for the man who was dealing with customers in front of us who let me pay for the room, gave me the key card but didn’t advise what room I was in. I found this very ignorant and rude. There was then only 1 lift working - after waiting over ten minutes for the lift we gave up and decided to walk. Luckily we was only on the 4th floor. However this wasn’t convenient when carrying luggage. The room was pleasantly clean.

Excellent location
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Breakfast not included in price. Check in member of staff was very aloof & barely looked at me. However, check out member of staff was really nice

Very comfortable beds, good sized rooms, bathroom well appointed, lots of bathroom items, excellent location

The breakfast time was very handy, from 7am to 11am.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

I booked a room for 4 adults, but I think this room wasn’t much bigger than a normal double bedroom but instead one one double bed it had 2 meaning it was an extremely limited space for 4 women to try and get ready for my friends hen do. A little bit stressful to say the least as I thought catering for 4 adults would mean that they take that into account, more plugs and room for each one of us. Around 4 plug sockets spaced around the room, with one one being near a mirror. Only one chair so we were all sat on the floor trying to do our make up etc. I should have just booked 2 double rooms but thought it would be fun us all sharing, drinking etc and that just wasn’t the case. My friend noticed her bed sheets were dirty too which wasn’t really ideal either... when checking out I was asked if everything was ok with the stay to which I let them know the room was extremely small for 4 women, the reply was that I should maybe have tried the “deluxe” version of the room. I had already paid £270 for the room so I dread to imagine what it would have cost for the deluxe room 😞 overall a pretty rubbish experience, luckily the night out made us forget about it!

The breakfast time was very handy, from 7am to 11am. Location was perfect!

Loved staying at the crowne plaza lovely hotel very clean...
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Loved staying at the crowne plaza lovely hotel very clean friendly staff you get a good breakfast as well 2minute walk from Victoria station and all clubs and pubs but you get a good sleep no noise will see be back.

Good but needs staff need structure and training in dining room.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was good despite being chaotic. People were left waiting too long for tables. Tables left too long before being cleared and then were not properly laid, cups missing, salt and pepper missing.

Location and staff were friendly

Great hotel and location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location in centre of town within walking distance of the Manchester Arena. Rooms were fantastic and spotless and staff were very friendly. Would definitely return!

A great spot with lovely rooms
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The pillows are overstuffed and even using just one was really uncomfy if you like a softer pillow.

Loved the extra touches like the dressing gowns and slippers provided on the club floor. Angelika on the front desk was a great host and gave a warm welcome to me and my colleague - so helpful too.

Ideal location for the arena and shopping. Room was overpriced.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Small family room Uncomfortable pillows Mini bar was empty Only 3 cups and towels. The room was booked for 2 adults and 2 children. On arrival the reception kept telling me that I'd only booked for 3 people.

Toiletries and drinks selection.

Fabulous stay as always but room wasn’t as great as it usually is
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We was put into a different room than what we usually have been in previously and it wasn’t as great. No robes.

The bed is super comfy. Bathroom is lovely and the breakfast was great too.

A lovely enjoyable stay
    • Club Double Room with Lounge Access

Bar staff could have been more friendly. And I wasn't a fan of the club area where the free beverages were

I asked for some extras in the room for my partners birthday and they delivered it was beautiful, the bed was extremely comfy! Daniel the manager was amazing

Show me your clippers
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Its the second time ive been where they have not had the room i requested , for the price i paid i dont believe this is acceptable

The room was clean , and the location was good