Reviews of Ramada Hounslow - Heathrow East 3 stars

8-10 Lampton Road, Osterley, Hounslow, TW3 1JL, United Kingdom

#15 of 29 hotels in Hounslow

the hotel was not where I was expecting it.the address I was given was in Osterley but the post code sent me to the centre of Hounslow.when I wanted to cancel one night I had to contact booking .com to help me.was resolved in the end.

I found the hotel was what I expected.nice big room.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Parking, also a member of staff told us it on a first come basis but as we had to pay £10 for parking we was told by a second member of staff we was told we will be found a parking spot if all gone.

The room was very nice and clean

• Single Room - Non-Smoking

Bar staff very inexperienced and very slow. Breakfast quite expensive at £12.50.

Very clean and staff very helpful. Car park at rear at £10 per night. Stayed on first floor, room nice size with TV and tea making facilities.

• Single Room - Non-Smoking

Damp smell in room...or dusty carpet

Bathroom was in an immaculate state. Beautiful. Bed comfortable...everything good apart from location and carpets

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No available parking as car park is tiny.

Was put in the Executive room on this night due to the complaints of the previous night, this room was fine. Hotel is good location for the centre of Hounslow.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

My friends were above a lounge area and didn’t get any sleep and AC was very intermittent but am sure if we had mentioned they may have helped?

Lovely clean room, staff were friendly near a tube which was fab and not a massive walk from Twickers which is why we were there.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Car park was tiny and already full, asked for alternative and staff not very helpful, so used asda as been there before. Air conditioning didn't work, stains on the carpet, no shower gel. Was right next to the function room and a party was going on, didn't finish to 11.30 pm, was so noisy had to complain, ridiculous level of noise. (was offered a free breakfast which was very poor for the money they would have charged). Next morning some other event was going on, drums beaten, not exactly a relaxing stay, was staying for 2 nights so asked to move, had to wait in the lobby for this. Also had to ask for our free welcome drink which we were supposed to have had. Choice was half a pint or glass of wine, I asked for 1/2 pint for me and a lemonade for my partner, the staff had to have a big consultation on whether a lemonade was allowed !! ) Very poor stay.

Good location as right by the main shopping area with plenty of pubs and restaurants near by. Good location for Twickenham.

• Business Double Room - Non-Smoking

More variety of food for vegetarians at the in house restaurant.

Near to Hounslow Central underground station , High street, bus stops. Rooms are spacious enough, clean , done up daily. Front office are good and efficient. Allowed me an additional hour with a warning they were full up and also allowed an earlier check in as they did have a room which I could use straight away. English Breakfast was good, you need to pay up every day, that was good, you could choose if you wanted to have it and decide. Overall a great experience

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

lack of shampoo and should provided extra soap for hand wash. just for hygeine purpose.

comfy bed and restaurant food was nice and staff was very helpfull.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not much on-site parking, and a little cramped (though difficult to see what they could about that.)

Plenty of space. Spacious and clean bathroom. An iron and ironing board in the room. Decent breakfast, and good value.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Carpet needs changing in that room; recommend tiling for ease of cleaning & reduced allergies. Train more customer friendly receptionists- the night before I checked out, I asked for a receipt of my 3 night stay which was charged at check-in. The young lady with the Indian accent (working around 10:30 pm on May 8th) told me I need to wait until check out- even when I said I don’t plan to charge anything to my room overnight and there’s a credit card on file! Even when I said I have an early flight to catch, she still will not do it. (I was the only customer at the desk). Hotels around the world have NO PROBLEM printing a receipt for customers who request it; some even put bill/ receipt under the door the night before check out date, so keys can be dropped off easily in a box or at desk as an option to lining up.

Location being a few minutes walk from Hounslow Central tube station, with central Hounslow shops nearby. Spacious double room and bathroom by London standards. Comfortable bed, electric kettle, coffee, tea in room. Lift available. Encounters with the maid and handyman were pleasant & helpful.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The service was very poor. The hotel is not taken care off. Was given a room and the safe was not working, took an hour to get a safe to work with a key. Would not recommend staying there.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Really REALLY uncomfortable bed. Lumpy, uneven, pillows very flat and only given one each.

Staff were very helpful, and the lobby looked very professional.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Great location for overnight stays close to Heathrow airport (easier to get to on the tube than taking the hopper bus to hotels right at the airport). Good value room, clean and modern, friendly staff. Just a short walk from the tube station with lots of food outlets and a decent pub right across the street. Perfect if you are flying in late or have an early flight out.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Park was 28 pound and I couldn’t even eat parked was not sercure , staff were rude and not interested in what I had to say , they were in helpful and barely speak English . Both nights we stayed it was so nosiey couldn’t sleep

The room was the only good this about this hotel

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Great location very close to tube just 40 minutes to Piccadilly Circus and easily accessible off M3 and M4 with onsite paid parking. The rooms are spacious, modern and clean with free WiFi, tea and coffee, very comfy beds, great shower, ironing board and iron, plenty of storage space and several plugs to charge all your devices. Lift access to all floors. Finally very reasonably priced!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not all but some staff behind the reception not very accommodating. Asked for an upper floor and the receptionist didn’t even bother looking at her screen for a higher floor. Iron board in the room is smelly and broken, no shampoo in the shower, noisy ground floor in the morning if you were staying on that level.

Location and good flat screen

• Business Double Room - Non-Smoking

I paid for a business room but i got a standard double room. The bathroom could have a bit more soundproofing.

The hotel is nicely decorated thoughout including the room. The room is somewhat soundproofed apart from when someone goes to the bathroom. Good size of room. Staff are pleasant.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very few restaurant options in the locall area

The hotel is very conveniently located for Heathrow and the tube making an early morning flight more manageable. The room had everything we needed for a one night stay.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Some of the other guests were unreasonably noisy, but we can't blame the hotel for that.

This is the second time we have stayed here - it is our favorite hotel to stay at the night before an early flight from Heathrow Airport. It is very close to Hounslow Central Tube station which allows quick and easy access to the airport. There are also a good range of shops nearby for any last-minute purchases, and numerous good bars and restaurants within easy walking distance.

Pre ordered meals but very slow service and staff not very attentive eg to order drinks. Order was wrong - missing starter and missing main- most had finished by the time it came out. We were asked to leave restaurant area at 10:15 pm as the staff wanted to leave.

Comfy and clean room. Nice bar area to sit with friends. Easy walk to twickenham.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately, the first room we were given on the fourth floor had a very grubby carpet and the walls were quite badly marked. I later found out that this floor is due I believe for refurbishment which is badly needed!

My room on the third floor was excellent and had been renovated I would think relatively recently. Although on the flight path for Heathrow we couldn't hear any aircraft noise as the windows were well insulated. Everything was very clean and the bed very comfortable.

First room I stay in had secondary glazing, so no noise. Second nights room did not have secondary glazing, so very noise with the plane flying above. Car park very small for a 90+ bedroom hotel. Max 20 spaces

Good wi fi speed

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The only bad thing about the hotel was that when we came back at night, the staff didn’t know anything about working behind the bar. Not there fault, I’d say more management fault. Maybe they should train them or have someone working that does have bar/drinks knowledge.

The young girl working on the desk in the morning that checked us in (unfortunately I didn’t get her name) was awesome, very friendly & very helpful.

• Single Room - Non-Smoking

Not as straight forward checking in as it could be as I booked for friends who needed to settle their own bill and this seemed to complicate it for the receptionist.

All as I would expect having been here before

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It's was noisy as there was hammering going on outside, part of construction work, but I guess it's not a normal occurrence. Bathroom looks good but the wet room is a pain as the floor stays wet for ages after showering.

Great location inside the terminal, very comfy bed.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I am still waiting on the manager contacting me regarding my refund

I have stayed here many times ,,but on this occasion i was let down badly ,,i reported the issues in my room to the night manager but he couldn’t move me,,,the main issue was my shower was piping hot and going on and off,,the irregular temperature was a direct breach of health and safety regulations but as of yet my promised phone call from the manager has not come .

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

When our allocated room key didn't work, we were relocated to another room. It was really cold and had dirty stained carpets. The air handling unit didn't work, and was replaced with a inadequate heater. We were given extra bedding, but no extra heating.

Nice shower, cheap and located close to Underground

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There are two car parks, next to each other, but the one I used was basically a vacant lot where they keep the bins. In the morning I noticed a large, squashed rat right in the middle. Kinda put me off my breakfast and made me wonder if I'd trodden on it the previous evening because the place is badly lit.

I've stayed here a few times. It's always quiet.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

some items of the cooked breakfast were cold and the layout of food was a little difficult to navigate, especially early morning when you haven't got going yet.

Easy check-in

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Large bathroom, but inadequate shelving for toiletries. Lavatory positioned at odd angle placing the toilet roll holder behind and angled away.

Excellent breakfast

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Location. After 8 PM the centre of Hounslow is dead. And the only people on the street are the undead.

Quiet, clean, free wi-fi and parking; ticked all the boxes for a business traveller.

• Business Double Room - Non-Smoking

The food, it is the worst I have ever had in a hotel . I was expecting much better quality, it resembled some poor quality frozen food from a cheap supermarket- yuk!! I would definitely find somewhere else to eat.

Room was spacious comfortable and warm. The staff were friendly.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Mattress and Carpets need a change. The bed felt like you were sleeping on a spring and the carpets were worn out

Location of the hotel - Very close to Hounslow Highstreet which offers plenty of eating options, shopping places and the Hounslow Central tube station is just 2 mins walk. Onsite car park is quite handy although charged separately.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was very hot and stuffy - turned off the radiator but didn't seem to do anything. Tried to turned the aircon on but the panel fell off the wall and exposed wires therefore not working. The shower had clearly leaked in the past so the wood around the door frame was water damaged. The shower was cold and the temperature gauge broken so even when turned onto hot it didn't do anything to the temperature.

Friendly staff, accommodating to booking me a taxi and amending the timing as I needed it.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing except why did they need a copy of my passport despite my haviing paid?

A very good location - ungerground 2 minute walk away and three stops away 10 mins from heathrow airport

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Evidence of wedges to hold open Fire Doors (reported) Advertising 'perk' of free breakfast then charging for it. Misleading advertising on hotel website. Resolved to personal satisfaction.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We were given a room over the main road - not ideal for daytime sleeping.

We needed and were given an early check in. With 12 hours between 2 long haul flights sleeping for the optimum period was v important.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel's eating area is terribly cold all the time, its almost like walking into a fridge. The staff have put on some portable heaters but these are not good enough and look clumsy. These freezing temperatures in the restaurant made it harder to enjoy the ambience of the lobby- you just wanted to finish your meal quickly and run away! On another note, the choice of staff is not right as well, they had some of these stern-looking middle-aged males in well-cut suits who seemed less enthusiastic about their presumed role of serving guests.

The room was nice and tidy with excellent provisions in the bathroom including several clean towels, soaps, and toiletries. The shower was noce and warm and was working great. The breakfast was awesome, with a choice of hot full-blown English breakfast alongside a continental option. Honestly, I looked forward to breakfast during my 3-day stay at Ramada.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was a little cold , but staff gave me an extra duvet and blankets

Really comfortable Bed, helpful and friendly receptionist. Easy to park and very close for underground station

• Single Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not inclusive and was expensive also the car park for customers was expensive. Much cheaper to park outside the hotel.

the rooms were clean and tidy.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was terrible you could feel the springs

This is a perfect place to stay if just using the hotel to sleep as close to Hounslow central tube which is on the Piccadilly line so very convenient to get into London. Parking at £10.00 per day is avaliable

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The way the staff are expressing needs some getting used to: Okay are you ready to order? What do you mean what do you owe us? I 'd like to pay. The mattress was wobbly.

It was very clean.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Early check out time of 11:00 am. I asked to extend it, and politely they accepted to do it to 12:00 and not more. The 12:00 is the standard and a late check out should be 2 to 3 pm.

Very clean and comfortable rooms. Very near to the underground (Houslow Central) and to shopping area nearby.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

My car was damaged whilst parked at the hotel. Unfortunately, it must have been damaged by an invisible car as the cctv could not provide any information. For this reason my stay has become extremely expensive and I would not recommend parking at this hotel

Check in was very quick and easy. The rooms were a good size and very clean. Restaurant was very good, had the steak and friends had the curry and everything was very nice. Overall I would recommend staying at the hotel

Same as above

It is not my first time in Ramada in Hounslow as I use to travel a lot to London . The hotel should have a small fridge in the rooms for the Customers facility . Regards . Lélia

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There were no tongues to helps oneself to bacon and sausages or tomatoes and the waitress needed to be prompted to get them. She returned with only one tongues..... her first day perhaps?

My room was way too hot to be comfortable and I asked that they check the air-conditioning as it did not seem to woirk. I was told that they had switched the aircon off and the heating.I told that this was not acceptable and that they need to leave the decision to the guests and that I would not be staying there unless they found a solution. They did. I was moved to another room. Well done!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk was unorganized. I payed by cash when I arrived. When I wanted to check out, they wanted me to pay again as they didn't put their receipt in their folder. Took a while to sort it out as there was a language barrier as well. Some of the staff had a weak English which made it difficult to communicate properly. But it got sorted out in the end so that's fine (wasn't in a hurry anyways).

The interior as well as the service. Underground station just around the corner.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There is no getting away from the noise of the flight path of Heathrow and I would suggest that the rooms are not well insulated against noise. We prefer to sleep with a window open and this was only possible between about midnight and 4AM! I was aware of this having stayed at the hotel before and found that the convenience of other elements given the purpose of our trip and cost of the stay balanced this aspect out.

We chose this hotel as we were flying into Heathrow for a rugby game in Twickenham and have used this hotel for that purpose before. The hotel is well located for the tube and the rooms are clean and comfortable. There are a selection of good restaurants in the surrounding area and it is easy to travel elsewhere if you can’t find what you are looking for in Hounslow! If you don’t mind a 30 or so minute walk, Twickenham is within walking distance which is handy after a rugby match!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Could have skimmed milk & some biscuits in the room with the tea-making facilities. Didn't see any prices for parking on the website, so assumed it would be free. This should be made clearer as clearly added to overnight cost.

Nice big bedroom, modern bathroom, quiet room with window opening over carpark.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The continental breakfast would of been better with more choices of food and drink, I felt there wasn’t that much choice, when I booked I asked for a quiet room this didn’t seem the case as we were placed at the back of the hotel within hearing distance of the aircraft coming into Heathrow Airport and also part of the window frame was hanging off in the room when we went into the room.

It was handy to have a tube station near to the hotel within walking distance, the Wi-Fi was good

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

- beds too soft - nothing else to complain about

- friendly staff - in walking distance to underground - clean rooms - pubs and supermarkets nearby - just 3 stops away from Heathrow terminals 1,2,3

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Parking is difficult, luckily the hotel was not very busy or the parking would have been a real problem.

Restaurant meal and service was excellent. Best rib eye that I have had for a long time.

• Single Room - Non-Smoking

Couldn't do much about it but the hotel is on the Heathrow in-bound flight path. Still, planes stop landing around 10pm and we all had a lovely sound night's sleep.

Modern rooms, clean and warm. Wi-Fi strength/usability was significantly better than in other hotels I've been in.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I would prefer that you could chose the breakfast parts and not pay for whole english breakfast when you only get the eggs and bacon.

Very Nice and good quality - very good location - friendly staff and clean rooms.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Communication between booking.com and the property was poor. On both occasions when trying to adjust my booking both parties informed me to speak to the other to do so. Then when i arrived no change was made. My booking information was not updated and my breakfast request was not included and they were unable to accomodate me in the morning

• Business Double Room - Non-Smoking

Limited parking at site resulted in parking away from hotel, disappointed in standard of the room as I booked an Executive room which was very basic compared to other hotels,noise from outside was annoying unfortunately I wouldn't use the hotel again.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

I accidentally double booked my room. The receptionist informed me of this when I arrived and suggested that I contacted Booking.com to fix this, which they did. As someone from out of London I was told that Hounslow probably wasn't the nicest area to stay. I found it quite lively and vibrant which I didn't mind. The room had everything I needed after a long day of traveling: a bed and TV. The bed was comfy and the Tv worked so I could watch Match if the day. There was a bar and restaurant that seemed to have a decent selection of beers and decent food. I might have a better look next time. The hotel is also facing a Golds Gym which is good to know for when I return.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

A minor point, but we had to ask for our complimentary drinks rather than being offered them automatically. Breakfast is expensive compared to what is available nearby.

Close to tube station making it convenient for early flights from Heathrow. Good selection of shops, restaurants and bars nearby.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was on the front of the building which was quite noisy. We did not get offered any drinks on our arrival, as said on our booking confirmation.

Very good value and convenient for travel into London.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We were very disappointed with the full English breakfast. All items were luke warm and not enjoyable. We did ask the waitress for assistance regarding more coffee and condiments only to be advised where they were rather than serve us. The air conditioning system was noisy and started making unusual noises so it was switched off. It may be appropriate for an engineer to inspect room 123.

The room was more than adequate for us and clean and tidy. Onsite parking and close to underground.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We had an extra single bed other corner that we didn't need so it took up space that we could have used.

The bed was very spacious and comfortable. The shower was also perfect and spacious. The hotel is quite near to the airport but the area was surprisingly quiet and it was easy to sleep at night, especially with the amazing blackout curtains.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I didn't like arriving to find out there was a £10 parking surcharge for each night, this was not advised while booking. I was given one of the disability access room on arrival, I advised this was not needed. The receptionist felt it was too much hard work to move me . There was also a lot of noise coming from a religious group using one of the suites, I felt uncomfortable asking for to be quieter.

Location was great for my work, and to the nearby bars and restaurants.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like being asked to leave a copy of my photo id when i checked in. In these days of identity fraud this is completely uncalled for. When i asked the receptionist why this was needed I was told in case this was needed to be passed to the police.

i only used the room which was spacious and comfortable.

• Business Double Room - Non-Smoking

We did not have the breakfast that was served until 9.30 as it was too early. We ordered the mini breakfast that is served u til 12.00. Staff did not know anything about it. They were squabbling in front of guests. When breakfast eventually arrived it was heated up leftovers. We left it as it was and told the staff. Overall it was lack of customer service and very un professional. Will avid in future.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was too soft,... it was like being on sea.

Convenient location from Hounslow Central Tube & Hounslow High Street. Rooms were a bit small, but the hotel is more than acceptable if staying in the area for a few days.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We had a problem with our evening meal due to a misprint on the menu regarding meals containing gluten however the staff did sort it out and compensated for it. They assured us it would be corrected. Hopefully it will. We were lucky as my daughter did not eat it but a younger child could have done.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not the hotel's fault but there were noisy guests (children) running about the corridors, quite late at night. Maybe more sound-proofing?

The bed was comfortable. The room was a good size.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Parking exists but was haphazard. Take care not to be blocked in if you need to leave in a hurry. Starting to look a little tired but everything worked

Friendly, helpful staff, quiet comfortable room and good wifi. Restaurant food and wine surprisingly good and reasonably priced

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

location was 6 miles away from venue not 1.3 as advertised, this made a huge difference to us getting back from twickenham after a concert!! room was opposite a building site, room was shabby and the window tilt and turn was broken which meant we couldn't keep it open properly/safely, no drinks making facility in room or water. we booked including breakfast but this was not added and the receptionist wouldn't allow us to book it or pay for it on arrival which we found strange, she said it wasn't necessary to book. However in morning the waitress said we were not on her "list" and so we hadn't booked for breakfast. After much confusion we were allowed breakfast even though restaurant was almost empty! Staff simply do no speak good enough english.

air conditioning in room was excellent

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was a disgrace so much so that they use part of the parking from the mosque next door and as the people using the mosque had not parked sensibly it blocked all the hotel spaces which in turn caused a problem for me to park. Then as per usual extra costs added to the bill for use of a gust car park , that are not clearly defined when booking made. so i have learnt my lesson don't book Hotels that rip you off.

Bed was comfy

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The Air Con fan was a bit noisy and the WiFi was slow and unstable, I had to use my 4G Hotspot.

Nice staff at the reception desk, very smooth check in checkout processes, I was very much impressed with the room size, cleanness, facilities ( such as TV size and channels, free Tea & coffee facilities, bathroom size, powerful shower and bright lights reflected by the very clean mirrors gave me a feeling of comfort and luxury, in particular the smell of the well assorted new carpet. Desk size was a pleasure to work on with a 17" portable PC.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

hotel really in bad condition the staff in the reception need to be more profisional especially the indian guy ! He keeps me waiting while answering the phone !

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Parking charge was £10 per day. There was no free on street parking, so had no choice. Breakfast was twice the price the local Wetherspoons charged for a great breakfast, so suggest going there.

The hotel was great for our stay. We were there for a party in Twickenham which was between 20 and 30 minutes away by bus. Prices to stay in Twickenham were much more expensive. The bus was 24 hours

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I think the carpet was never vroomed or cleaned, or at least it wasn't for months. It was literally difficult to find a clean squared inch. Disgusting. The toilet seat was not cleaned. The toilet lacked maintenance. The Staff were quite rude. If cleanliness was one of your priorities avoid this palce once and for all. Otherwise, you might find it appropriate.

The bed an pillows were surprisingly, for the best of my knowledge, clean