Reviews of Days Inn Corley - Nec (M6) 3 stars

Welcome Break Corley, Junction 3-4, M6 Northbound, Coventry, CV7 8NR, United Kingdom

#8 of 29 hotels in Coventry

The beds were very comfy and the room was clean and tidy.
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Quite noisy when the windows were open as we had a room overlooking where the lorries were parked but if we closed the window it became to hot as there was no air conditioning.

The beds were very comfy and the room was clean and tidy.

Hard to get to if you're heading south.
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Difficult to get to. It's on the northbound M6....we were heading south. Friends couldn't find us because the motorway was closed. They lost their money. No air con.

Value for money

Move the hotel away from the motorway.
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Although the hotel was good, very good value for money and the staff excellent I will not be staying with you again. Twice now I have stayed with you and both times I added over an hour to my journey because of road works on the M1 [first time] and M6 meaning I had to go around the world to get to you. When I am arriving late at night I can really do without the hassle, I will go for a hotel no where near a motorway in future. Regards, Paul

Good hotel, excellent staff, very good value for money and free parking.

The wifi was difficult to access. The parking situation needs to be addressed urgently.
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Despite the hotel advertising free parking (there is ample as it is on a service station) on my return home I received £400 in parking fines. The hotel is currently trying to sort this.

Smarter than other Day's Inns I have visited. Clean and comfortable. Helpful staff.

a bit pain that there was only one way to get to RIOCH area...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

a bit pain that there was only one way to get to RIOCH area if going back on motorway instead 10 min took 35 min there was side road but unfortunetly cant use it and cameras installed so probably would get fine if drive through there .apart of that all fine

I could only book an accessible room online and when I got...
    • Double Room - Disability Access

I could only book an accessible room online and when I got there I mentioned I didn't need this type of room and wouid happily move to leave it for someone that needed one. I was upgraded to an executive room at no cost 😁 The lady on reception also gave me an easier route to where I needed to get to that saved me 20 minutes off my journey. Thank you Days Inn Corley, I will be back soon 😁

considering we were next to the lorry park, it was very quiet
    • Double Room - Disability Access

the shower holder was broke, and considering this was a disabled room, the shower controls were very stiff, if you had limited mobility in your hands, it would have been very difficult to use

considering we were next to the lorry park, it was very quiet

6.0
    Fine if you only need somewhere to sleep
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Communal area at reception is tiny. Location only gives access to M6 in one direction - 20 miles extra to go a 2 mile journey

Friendly staff, clean rooms

Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room was fine although the bathroom had a broken shower head and missing screws from surround. Didn't cause us too much of a problem for one night but really could do with a bit of an update.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Location and facilities were very good.

It was close to shops and only 10min from Ricoh Arena and...
    • Standard Twin/Triple

There was no ac or fans in the room so it was very humid. Was a little noisy with windows open but once shut it was fine

It was close to shops and only 10min from Ricoh Arena and 20min from NEC

Excellent value overnight stay
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Room was warm and being on the ground floor meant you couldn't open a window. Cleaning staff talking loudly outside room.

Large room with sofa, desk and chair, clean, comfy bed and excellent shower. Helpful staff, good location.

One of the worst experiences ever trying to find hotel and we drive all over Europe!!
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Was the worst place to find!! Absolutely AWFUL!!! They post code on their website takes you to the opposite side of the motorway!! A 20 minute drive took us an hour and a half!! We asked at reception when we finally found the place what the post code was as we had 2 more colleagues joining us and were going for an awards dinner and they were short on time. Well that one was also wrong so again instead of a 20 mins drive it took them over an hour which then made us late for our dinner. We decided to use uber to get to our dinner. It said 18 minutes to arrive. After 15 it was cancelled by the driver!!! We wondered if he also couldn't find it! The guy on reception wasn't helpful at all and was a bit short with us when trying to get an actual address from him. The following day we got lost again and after 2 trips up and down the motorway we parked on there other side and walked!! What we found rather funny was that there is a little door you cargo through and up some stairs to get across the motorway. On every step it has the name of the hotel!! So clearly we are not the only people that can't find it!

I can't actual think of the positive. After a month I'm still fuming about the location! Oh wait, there's a starbucks on site!!

Convenient location for Richo Arena.
    • Executive Double Room

The road works currently in progress.

Room only basis. Room was comfortable, spacious, well insulated against noise, with plenty of tea, coffee and sugar. Bathroom had soap and shampoo in dispensers. Ample free parking.

Clean, spacious comfortable room, hard to keep cool but that...
    • Standard Twin/Triple

The postcode takes you southbound when the hotel is northbound, confusing.

Clean, spacious comfortable room, hard to keep cool but that did not detract from our stay.Very comfortable bed.Staff were welcoming and professional .

Food court is nice and close and hotel staff excellent.
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Sadly it was the lorrys parking station right beside the hotel outside window so lots of noise so not much sleep. Traffic all through night with either generator going or trucks coming and going Rooms are clean and staff excellent.

Great little hotel, fantastic value, friendly staff, clean,...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Great little hotel, fantastic value, friendly staff, clean, comfortable, 1 minute walk to the welcome break, large car park, has snacks and drinks at the reception, the room was a good size, awesome shower! Would definitely stay again if we are in the area

We found our little insight into the world of the service station and all the heavy goods movement f
    • Double Room - Disability Access

I was not aware that there was a road around the back and a bridge over the M6.Perhaps the map which was kindly printed for us could have been displayed.(The obvious is not obvious to those of us who are ignorant)

The place was immaculate.The welcome most warm and friendly and most helpful to answer what must have seemed pathetic questions.

Pleasant & helpful Reception when I checked in and out.
    • Executive Double Room

Sat Nav took me to South M6, when you are at North M6. Air conditioning was OK. Used to powerful AC effect.

Lovely large white bath sheets, clean and comfortable room.

Excellent and would be happy to stay again
    • Executive Double Room

Available food choices in Service Area (not Hotel's fault)

Excellent size room (Non-Smoking Exec) very clean with good facilities. Although at Service Area, Hotel is located away from Motorway in secluded section of Car Park. Staff friendly

The room and hotel were what was expected for a short stay
    • Standard Twin/Triple

The noise in the room, was near the boiler room and could hear the pipes when anyone put the water on or showered, the room was very hot no air conditioning

Easy access for getting around, clean room

probably would not stay here again for NEC events.
    • Standard Twin/Triple - Smoking

Eating facilities were closed by 8pm so no food when we arrived back from our event later. The only thing open nearby at that time was KFC which you don't want 4 days in a row!

bathroom and shower were great

Convenient location
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Extremely hot standard room, no air con, no fans to use. Long walk to breakfast area across the bridge, no lift, I had to carry heavy cases up stairs.

Convenient location

Another good stay
    • Executive Double Room

No lift, loo roll holder broken, "small flush" did not work, shower head needed de-scaling, walls were thin.

Convenient location near the NEC, friendly staff, free parking, comfy bed, excellent water pressure, discount against overpriced breakfast (at Harry Ramsden's), shower gel/hand soap a nice touch, as was the cereal bar and bottle of water 😊

Did what it said on the tin.
    • Standard Twin/Triple

location next to motorway meant that we could leave and enter the motorway system immediately. This reduced the overall journey time. Quiet. Room up-graded. Facilities were as expected. Able to get breakfast at 6.15am.

Good for a night of sleep
    • Standard Twin/Triple

The staff when we checked in was not so welcoming, although they were very kind when we checked out, so, probably not a problem of the whole team, but one specific member was in a bad mood.

Convenient place for a night of sleep, good shower, simple but comfy beds. There is a Waitrose right next to the building.

Fabulous.

The slip Rd into the hotel could be promoted more sign wise. We ended up on the other side of Days Inn. There was no sign to say if you take the unauthourised access it leads you to the other side.

Wifi Clean room Location lots of coffee shops cafes.

3 nights, money worth...can’t complain...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

If can add the fridge in the room especially for 3 nights that would be great as well.

The comfy of the bed, quietness, cleanliness of the room and the unlimited wifii was great.

Exceeded my expectations, would recommend.
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Nothing really. The experience matched the description.

Considering it is so close to the M6, I was surprised how quiet it was in the room. The room & bathroom were very clean and bed comfy. Excellent value for money, would recommend.

Was alright
    • Standard Twin/Triple

The hair dryer took forever to dry our hair Need more plug sockets in the room Air conditioning in room as was very warm even with window open Continental breakfast could be included in the stay cost WiFi was slow & not always working

Shower was lovely - nice & hot Room was a decent size - enough room

Good hotel as always, Days Inn are great value for money
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

The place was being repainted and smelled strongly of paint. Sleep was interrupted by inconsiderate guests slamming doors when leaving rooms, not the hotels fault but small signs could be put in rooms to remind people of this when they leave. If you do it, just think how you would hate it.

The place was great for the NEC, good location, parking included,

Great for NEC etc
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Easy to find on M6...didn't realise it was at Corley services ! A 24hr shop and Starbucks next door so great for breakfast and those late night snacks. 20 mins from NEC/ Genting arena etc. Pleasant clean room with all usual stuff and good value. Quiet location but my room had a possible adjoining door to the next room which meant I could hear their tv quite loudly.....if my neighbours had been more noisy I could have had a rough night ! Might be worth trying to avoid these if you can. 5 miles each way to junctions so not too much time wasted getting to/ from hotel when you're out and about.

Handy location at a reasonable rate.
    • Standard Twin/Triple

The bed was hard on one side and sagging on the other. It felt like if my wife or I rolled over too quickly we would bounce the other out the bed and send them flying across the room.

Clean spacious room

Excellent as always.
    • Standard Twin/Triple

They need to change the kettle in the room I was in (19) as it has a broken lid and does not switch off when boiled. A tad dangerous.

Very comfy and clean and quiet.

reasonablewould think twice about stay g there again
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

The grubby sofa bed in the second room . The sofa bed looked worn and soiled. In the first room I was given It had a strong unpleasant smell. I asked for my room to be changed and was given the room described above..

The price

Another pleasant stay at Corley
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Nothing. It was exactly as represented and was exactly the accommodation required.

Clean, comfortable basic room, pleasant helpful staff. Staff are approachable and create a friendly atmosphere. I have occasionally to travel to the Midlands with 2 dogs and it is a great relief to know there is somewhere clean safe and comfortable where I can stay with them.

Not great - it was like I hadn't taken the time to book a room - but I had...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Second stay at Corley - first stay was absolutely smashing and couldn't fault in any way. However this stay was not remotely to the same level: Pre booked a 4 person room, only to be given a room that was unprepared and only had a double bed. Was then switched to a room with a single bed to be told by reception that this was also a "family room", even though I showed a booking screen clearly showing them as family vs triple. I was then forced to wait to be issued a 3rd room as another guest arrived and checked in before me - why should I have to wait longer for the hotel's administrative mistakes? Anyway, 3rd time lucky got a room with the sofa bed already made, but still had to go back to reception for more towels as only 2 provided. Was not a relaxing experience that I had desired it to be having spent the day at a funeral. Bed was uncomfortable and felt strangely lop-sided. Lighting was incorrectly wired - the side light only worked if the main light was switched on which pretty much defeats the point. An electrician could fix this issue in minutes. Room 24 if the Hotel is monitoring reviews.

Great option for low-cost, room-only stay.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Some rooms are smoking. On the second day I was there the corridor stank of cigarette smoke, and late in the evening I could smell it in my room.

For a low cost room-only option is was great. The free WiFi worked very well.

Does what it says on the tin!
    • Standard Twin/Triple

View not great but can’t expect much on a motorway services! Bed a bit bouncy, but still slept ok. Hook missing on back of toilet door.

Easy check in, glad opted for non-smoking room as downstairs hallway did smell of smoke. Good supply of tea & coffee in room. Towels good.

Would recommend
    • Double Room - Disability Access

No access from southbound. Didnt see any sign of it before the exit. Or at the exit northbound. Gps did not recognise postcode.

Clean, confortable. Carpark.

Wow! Excellent!

Just perfect

Wow! Excellent! Large very clean and comfortable room, a proper bathroom with great walk in shower (not a plastic prefab!) soft towels, ample supply of tea and coffee AND biscuits! Great nights sleep and good sized TV too. The free WIFI connected immediately with no problems - perfect! Couldn't have asked for more and all at a superb price. Would highly recommend this hotel which has improved out of all recognition - much better now than most now of its similar competitors.

One hotel that I would not stay in unless there was nothing else available. Over priced, just becaus
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Price of the rooms double just because there is an event at the NEC. The curtains were hanging off the rail, so we could not close them. The toilet seat did not fit and was the wrong size, so each visit could have resulted in a painful experience! Noise from the lorries airbrakes went on all night.

Comfy beds and they except dogs

Perfect location if visiting from out of County for events nearby e.g. Ricoh Arena is 6 mins away
    • Standard Twin/Triple

The bed was a little bit lumpy. It needed a new mattress.

Great access from the M6, the Reception staff couldn't have been more helpful and the walk in tiled shower was a great surprise!

Property was clean, bathroom very nice,big and clean.
    • Standard Twin/Triple

It was not clear which side of the M6 the hotel was. Eventually I parked in the wrong side but there is a bridge which you can take to go over and as I found out later, a road too. Signs would have made things a lot easier.

Property was clean, bathroom very nice,big and clean. Staff were also very friendly and helpful. They were quick to change our rooms when there was a little issue.

Good value for money particularly with it being last minute
    • Standard Twin/Triple

The staff weren't as helpful as we would've liked but their service was sufficient enough for our stay.

The room was very spacious and could accommodate all of us with ease.

• Standard Twin/Triple

We were at the back of the hotel and next to where lorries were parked overnight. They had their engines on all night which kept up awake which was sad as we couldn’t hear the traffic from the motorway. The ventilation in the shower room was very noisy and took at least 45 mins to turn itself off once we had finished so a quick trip to the loo during the night left us with 45 mins of loud noise. There were lots of cobwebs in the rooms which made us feel itchy all night and as a result of these factors we all only had about an hours sleep altogether. We are non smokers and the smoke from smoking rooms filtered throughout the accommodation which suggests the air conditioning/ventilation is not adequate as the strong smell will prevent me from using this hotel again as this is concerning as a non smoker as this can my health. However for £30 a night for three people and if placed in a room away from the lorry park and we had managed to get some sleep the room would be value for money.

Facilities and the triple room

great location for the show at N E C where we headed next day

nothing at all.

the greeting by the staff as soon as we walked it was brilliant they were smiling friendly and courteous. the check in was simple and quick. the room exceeded our expectations it was large warm and really clean really comfortable beds. The whole building was clean warm and quiet.

Near service station
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Greasy full English breakfast Limited vegetarian option - instead of fried egg offer scrambled egg, also instead of fried bread offer toast

Near service station

Dissapointed
    • Double Room - Disability Access

I stayed in room 13 which was behind the reception and next to the staff office. Doors were opening and closing constantly all night meaning a poor nights sleep.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Turned up to find out I had been allocated a smoking room (wasn’t aware they existed anymore) and, being fully booked, no chance of changing. There was definitely no mention of smoking rooms on booking, just simply a standard double. The room smelt so bad I couldn’t actually stay there and had to make alternative arrangements. At over £100 for a nights stay it was far from value for money given this service. My advice would be to check directly with the hotel when booking to establish what type of room you have if you are a non smoker

All was good

Arrived really late for check-in, night time reception was very efficient and friendly 👍🏼 Room was spotlessly clean and shower was excellent 😊

Good but room was initially freezing cold
    • Double Room - Disability Access

It was a very cold night the heating was off in my room so it took in excess of an hour to warm up and I had to keep a coat on all that time

Convenient for my needs

Awful
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Bed was horribly uncomfortable, like sleeping in a marshmallow with springs. Didn’t want to move at night in case I pinged my partner off the other side. Car park unsafe. The two cars in front of us had their passenger windows smashed in the morning. Thankfully our car isn’t fancy.

The price

Do not get an adjoined room and don't expect your complaints to be taken seriously
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Adjoining door to next room would not lock properly, which led to a strange man knocking on the door in the middle of the night. My partner answered the front door as he thought the knocking was coming from there but it wasn't. The man was trying to let himself in through the adjoining door whilst I was half naked getting ready for bed. It was really creepy as he was silent but his hairy knuckles grasped the side of the door like I was in some kind of horror movie! The only reason he stopped was because I screamed get out! I was freaked out by this and didn't want to be left alone for a second, but I had to be because my partner needed to get our rooms changed. When my partner told the staff about this Christmas Eve night, the only response he got was "you should lock it then". After demanding to be moved we ended up in a room that was not adjoined. The lady we complained to Christmas Day Morning was a lot nicer and more understanding, but has still failed to put through the complaint she promised us as I wanted a refund due to lack of care the previous night. For all I know the man could have been dangerous as well as creepy and we could have had all our Christmas presents stolen or worse and be seriously harmed.

I have stayed here before with no problems and has been clean and comfortable

Good value, comfortable accommodation, close to most of the major venues.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There were not enough sockets so we struggled to charge up our phones and iPads for the kids which is a necessity when you are going to spend a long day at a trade fair! That's stopped us awarding it an excellent rating.

It was clean and had pretty much all the facilities you could need. We liked the free parking and wifi which a lot of places do not provide but is essential for us. It was easy to check in and out with friendly staff. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of spare pillows and covers.

Great price, clean, quiet, family friendly and pet friendly
    • Standard Twin/Triple

We normally get a family room but this visit we got a triple room. The bed was not as comfortable as usual- not sure why. It was over Christmas so room didn’t get cleaned in the three days but that isn’t such a big deal.

We liked the price, location as it is easy to get everywhere. Not a sound from other customers or traffic despite being on the motorway. Good shower, enough space.

Excellent hotel
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

I was sceptical because of how cheap I got it however it’s in a Great location excellent value for money the room was lovely clean and the bathrooms where gorgeous it was also really quiet couldn’t rate it any higher and definitely using for our trips now on

Short overnight stay in clean and very reasonable property and location.

Parking - as above.

Clean, warm and ideal location for Birmingham visit. Parking was s little awkward given hotel is on northern side. One way takes you to rear. I had to nip through ‘wrong way’ to park st front where more secure. Room and staff were spot on. Great value for 3 people just wanting ‘head down’

Woukd stay again as its convient to get to family .
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Some staff were misrable and when asked if they would clean room it wasnt done we had to do it and get new towels and bags for bins.

Its was great for a short stay but wouldnt recommend for longer ..

warm, welcoming and friendly.
    • Executive Double Room - Smoking

n/a

Little details were catered for. Warm and relaxing stay after a hectic day and following day. Everything was in ample, coffee, tea, biscuits .... Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Very enjoyable apart from the trucks
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Noise from wagins parked behind us

The staff was brilliant and the room was great as well the only problem was that noise from the trucks parked behind us made it difficult to sleep

Convenient stopover

Hard beds, lot of dust in extractor fan, toiletries were in dispensers but the dispensers were empty.

Kettle and lots of hot drinks supplies, parking right outside, welcome at reception, rooms allocated were next to one another.

Reception, especially the young receptionist offered...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Better customer service from the cleaning staff.

Reception, especially the young receptionist offered exceptional customer service she went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure we were comfortable.

Good for a one-nighter.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

I used the Days Inn postcode in my sat nav - it took me to the other side of the complex with no access. Access via M6 northbound gets you right there. M6 southbound I think you'll have to walk over the bridge - check with reception.

Service station shops are open late.

All excellent , but keep away from the smelly smoking rooms!
    • Double Room - Disability Access

My room, room 8 was next to the smoking rooms so I had to have the window open all the time and the heating on. It was the "Senior Service Suite". In the morning it felt like I had smoked 20. Other than that great hotel.

Very friendly lady on reception.

Friendly helpful staff, but will give it a miss on future visits when in that area.
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

I didn't realise when I booked the room it was a smoking room, I wasn't aware that Hotels offered them any more. However, apart from the smell we could not have the window open as it was on ground floor and there were no security devices on it, so could be fully opened.

Rubbish
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The sofa bed was rubbish that kept coming apart during the nights which made them fall between the beds .. spoke about this and never got dealt with , ask for more pillows and spare duvet which we got but they weren’t in a cover , one towel for a family of 4 that’s a joke

It was clean, heating worked and a nice shower area, but wouldn’t rush back to use again.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The pillows were the softest pillows ever, no support for your head and the pull out sofa bed, cant even call it a bed, had to stop of the next night at a travel lodge to sleep as we were shattered due to lack of sleep and comfortt, having lights right outside the room windows, those rooms could do with black out blinds.

I liked how it was clean, nice walk in shower area.

This is excellently located for the Ricoh Arena.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

This is excellently located for the Ricoh Arena. And though it's a no frills hotel, when you're on business you need to be in and out quickly with no fuss, and this does that job brilliantly. Staff are always welcoming and helpful.

Quiet location - food choice limited to Fast Food.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

The bed was a bit lumpy - although I did get a sound sleep. The room temperature was quite mild and the duvet was very thin. When I turned the heater up slightly it went off every 15 minutes and seemed to stay off during the night.

The location was quiet, staff were very friendly.

Bleurghh...
    • Double Room - Disability Access

The room had a door to the adjoining room and the people next door were so loud - the walls are very thin BUT... having said that, the used condom wrapper in the bathroom was the real low point. (The "oh sorry" from the reception desk didn't really cut it for me)

Excellent accommodation for the required purpose.

We booked this due to a 6am flight from Birmingham airport and we were travelling from Scotland. This was perfect for our needs and only a 20 min drive to the airport in the morning. We even got a wake-up call to make sure we left in time. Very clean and friendly, helpful staff. Excellent for purpose.

Great stay, Would stay again
    • Standard Twin/Triple

Good size room, lovely bathroom, staff really friendly and helpful, everything was clean, TV in room, having the service station nearby was a real plus.

Extremely poor
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Staff were unforgivably rude upon arrival. Room was unpleasant. No Bath. Bed sheets were too slim. Location was too noisy (undoubtedly my issue for not checking where it was). Kettle took ages to boil. Could hear next doors television. Room key was hit and miss to get into the room - took 3 trips to reception once checked in.

Comfy bed

Great place to stay if you’re visiting the NEC
    • Standard Twin/Triple

The basin in our room was crazed /broken, the toilet seat needs attention, there may be a problem with the electric sockets as our phones failed to charge

The location is perfect for the NEC

It was great, would recommend it.

The layout of the services means that if you are coming in one end, you have to drive past, to the next junction and turn round. Just adds a bit of time to your journey.

The staff were brilliant, really welcoming and helpful. We were allowed to bring our dog and I was worried this would mean accommodation would be sub-standard, but it wasn't at all, it was lovely.