Reviews of The RE London Shoreditch 4 stars

419-437 Hackney Road, London, E2 8PP, United Kingdom

#568 of 977 hotels in London

Not a hotel I would recommend

The tv remote was broken (falling apart) and the tv was very small. I was told it's the only size available in the hotel. No one came to clean the room the entire weekend I was there. The pipes in the bathroom is coming off.

The lobby looks ohk and check in was smooth.

It was okay
    • Superior Twin Room

The bathroom had mold here and there... It was so loud from the street outside! The window wasn't closing properly so that it could help with the noise. I wasn't informed that I would be charged with £50 in advance to ensure payment for possible destroyed stuff...

The bed was comfy, there was a kettle, tea, coffee and hot chocolate available complimentary :) there was ironing stuff available and a hair dryer. The staff were friendly. It's not too far from the subway.

We had an extremely pleasant stay and would certainly recommend the hotel.
    • Executive Double Room

We can honestly say that there was nothing we did not like about this hotel. The location was perfect for our needs and it certainly met our expectations.

Our first impression of the hotel was the very modern and clean reception area. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Our room was lovely and spacious and the bed extremely comfortable.

Toilets dirty in bar/lobby

Toilets dirty in bar/lobby Girl hanging around every night and day asking for cigarettes/money she actually came into the Hotel! Air con in room very noisy Reception staff/manager too busy chatting to say good morning Room too hot but because air con so noisy kept awake with noise Bed dipping in the middle

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

This tired and ugly hotel removed all my belongings from the room without calling me and offered no.

I had stayed at Re Hotel twice before. The hotel is drab and in need of refurbishment. The mattresses beds are old and worn. The sheets and towels are terrible. But the price is good during the week and the location good. Hackney Road is loud so I closed the window at night and this time it jammed. It would not close and the handle came off in my hand. These windows are old and never cleaned. It was late so I had to sleep with an open window. The next morning I told the front desk who said they’d sent maintenance up. I also asked him to check on my reservation. He confirmed to me I had one more night. When I returned around 6pm my key didn’t work. When I went downstairs the dispondent front desk manager told me “we checked you out. Your reservation ended today.” They had randomly stuffed my things into plastic bags and placed them in a conference room. They had never called me or emailed me. I had not received any bill or notice under my door the night prior. They simply threw me out without any efforts. The hotel was not even full! I had to repack my things. Some things including a medication they’d lost. The desk manager offered nothing to make up for this treatment. He was useless and could not offer a solution as any decent London hotel would have. He offered a small discount on a room for an additional night. I could find a better discount on line! Finally I found a good rate at the Curtain hotel which I highly recommend. The disgraceful disregard for their guests and their guests property is not worth the price of this horrendous operation.

Location is good for those who need to be in East London.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Great value in an up and coming location with easy buses into town

The bed wasn’t the most comfortable I have slept on and the air conditioning didn’t work properly

The location was excellent for us - a short stroll to Columbia Road Market and the excellent Morito restaurant. We got the bus everywhere - loved that.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The hotel was in a good location for us.

I've stayed before and had a much better room both times. I think we were put in the older part of the hotel so the room was a little shabby in comparison. The TV was old and square, and the bathroom badIy sealed (sealant all over the bath panel). I also only paid £79 the last two times I've stayed, this time it was £139... no idea why.

The hotel was in a good location for us. The reception area is good.

Rude Manager, unsafe area, hotel not actually in Shoreditch

Very rude manager. The hotel is in a very unsafe area, I was robbed right across from the hotel. Hotel beds are very old and run down - springs protrude from mattresses making it difficult to sleep on. The hotel is not actually in Shoreditch- name of hotel misleading. After staying at the hotel for 2 weeks, the manager (gentleman who was on duty most evenings (in the back office)) made a huge fuss about me leaving a some t-shirts in their luggage hold for a weekend. He was screaming saying it was hotel policy not accept the coats unless I return to checkin in the hotel again. English may not be his first language so he might have not meant to be so rude.

Junior staff were very helpful even though senior staff and manager was very rude.

The hotel needs to take some action regarding its homeless problem.

There are scary homeless people standing right at the entrance - begging. The hotel does nothing to move them. Appalling.

Price was OK for London. Convenient location for me

It was ok for one night

I was quite disappointed since most reviews on here are pretty great. I found the bed to be really uncomfortable as it was two singles pushed together, one was higher than the other which created an uncomfortable gap. The paint was peeling from the skirting boards. And the bathroom wasn’t the cleanest. The shower had mildew on it. And the shower curtain wasn’t on all the loops, and looked kind of dirty, oh and there was hair in the sink, definitely wasn’t mine, or my boyfriends!

The hotel looks nice, the bar looked nice. Easy to find. Staff were friendly. Ok for one nights stay.

very helpful trainee receptionist

Had to ask for soap for the room. Empty tissue box in bathroom. Cooked breakfast was on the cold side from the hot counter.

very helpful trainee receptionist

Avoid this hotel if you want to eat, work or sleep :(

Pretty much the entire experience ...

Numerous issues with this hotel during my visit (1) Ordered dinner - came cold and missing things I'd ordered; Attempted to get a drink 3 times but gave up in the end (2) Decided to give up on dinner and go and work in my room ... but was completely unable to due to the extremely poor wi-fi (3) gave up on working and decided to get some sleep ... but was unable to for much of the night due to disturbances directly outside my window (1st floor) for much of the night due to a crowd of people hanging around the cycle racks. The room was also shabby with one of the pictures broken and hanging half off the wall and a very tired shower. I complained about these issues but the staff on reception could not be any less interested. So the 3 things I was hoping to get from my stay: (a) Dinner = FAIL (b) Chance to catch up on some work = FAIL (c) a good night's sleep = FAIL

Good value & location.

Bathroom badly needed updating and had a stale musty smell. Bath tub scratched and chipped and shower curtain really out of date.

Good value & location. Comfortable room.

I stayed here quite a few times.

Couldn’t book car parking space. Poor reception. Awful room 38. Small and worn. Room services was appalling with wrong order twice. The gym is a joke you can’t do a proper workout.

I stayed here quite a few times. This visit was poor to say the least.

Good place

We ate in the restaurant for 2 dinner. The service was slow.

My room was clean. Its a nice place for to stay in London. Its well connected to the center.

Could have been 100%

The TV in the room was faulty. The menu said sandwiches were a 24 hour item when ordered at the bar at 11.pm I was told that the kitchen had shut.

Apart from the points below it would have been 100%

The hotel has been helpful by refunding me at their...

As others have commented the neighbourhood is a bit edgy but I don’t think anybody needs to feel unsafe, there is more a nuisance problem of people begging rather than the threat of crime but take the precautions you would in any big city.

The hotel has been helpful by refunding me at their discretion when I have had to cancel. The hotel is of a high standard.

Spacious and clean room

Room was provided with iron and iron board. However, when we tried to use it the iron had something burn on it. Didn't have time to complain to staff as we were in a rush to attend to a wedding.

We stayed in the Executive room, room was spacious with a lot of natural light. Bed was OK, room and bathroom were clean. Good value for the money, considering the fact that you are in London.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The room was clean, comfortable and in a decent location.
    • Superior Twin Room

The room was clean, comfortable and in a decent location. Shoreditch area of London. The staff were good. The beds were comfortable. Overall good value for our money in terms of how much we paid and given our location away from the central district of London where most of the popular tourist destinations await.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The staff were polite and courteous and very helpful.

Lighting in restaurant.

The staff were polite and courteous and very helpful. I was pleased the parking service was useful to me. The first room allocated to me was open and in use which was odd. But quickly remedied by the staff. I found the restaurant food to be good but the ambient lighting left a lot to be desired.

• Superior Twin Room

We asked staff for a couple of extras and we had to chase to get them. The hotel very old in the inside and it doesn't feel like it should be a 4 star hotel, we chose this hotel from the reviews and were expecting more quality for the price we paid.

There's a bus stop right outside the hotel with good...

There's a bus stop right outside the hotel with good services to interesting areas. The hotel itself is within walkable distance of a number of great spots in East London including Broadway Market and Shoreditch.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good not great.
    • Executive Double Room

Had to watch the football highlights downstairs in the lobby as the T.V. in the room was from the 1980’s. Criminally small, perfectly square & the aspect ratio cut most of viewable picture off. Worst T.V. I’ve ever seen in a hotel room. Pillows were too hard for my liking but that’s a personal liking, some may like them. Room got hot at times & the A/C doesn’t really go down to a cool enough temperature.

Pleasant, helpful staff. Executive double room was good in size, great shower & lots of helpful everyday appliances (iron, ironing board etc.) already in room. Lots of towels. Good location for being close enough to the busier parts of London & quiet enough at night to relax.

Great place to stay with an affordable price tag.

Paid for late checkout but the cleaning staff walked in a couple times regardless, which was unexpected and a bit of an intrusion. Immediately the reception desk refunded my money and resolved it.

Great place to stay with an affordable price tag. Super clean and easy to get around town from and to.

The bus stop right outside near the hotel and Bethnal green...
    • Superior Twin Room

The bus stop right outside near the hotel and Bethnal green underground station is 15 mins walk so handy to get around London, the staff are friendly and the room nice and clean, very happy when we stayed last week From Hull

Location was great.

The breakfast was shocking. Tasteless food and cold coffee. We opted to buy breakfast separately and it was £13.50 each. We complained about the quality of the breakfast when we checked out but were told they wouldn’t refund us because we didn’t complain at the time. Very disappointing.

Location was great.

It was alright, but I would say it was more of a 3 star hotel not 4.

The tables in thw room were not cleaned properly. The fridge still had others food in it. An the walls were alittle dirty.

The bed was uncomfortable and the room space was great.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Worst stay I've had

I hated my whole experience. The kettle was broken and replaced the next morning once I asked reception. We didn't receive house keeping despite putting the sign outside the door and then asking twice for it later on. So we had an unclean room when we returned from an outing for a whole day which was very uncomfortable and we only stayed for 3 nights. I ordered room service which I was told that I would need to go down stairs and pick it up and also pay for it at that moment. Which I didn't need to do in other hotels I've stayed in.

Location was ok. And one very friendly house keeper.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Facilities, nice bathroom, friendly reception staff.
    • Superior Twin Room

The noise from traffic been at the front of the hotel. And one of the chamber maids was insistent about giving me towels Tec when I didn't want them. I was also still asleep and half dressed. I was trying to explain I needed to put my clothes on and didn't want room service, but she kept on pushing me to take things that I didn't need.

Facilities, nice bathroom, friendly reception staff.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Paid for late checkout and was disturbed 3 times by...
    • Executive Double Room

Paid for late checkout and was disturbed 3 times by different members of staff, such as maids. The first person waking us up. Also the beds smelt like they hadn't been washed.

Average
    • Superior Twin Room

Getting stung with a £100 security deposit without any mention of this at booking , 4 middle aged adults not kids going to Benidorm for the first time

Rooms were ok

Bedroom was really nice!

Staff weren't helpful at all, sink was blocked and no one came to look at it, whilst checking in their was a lot of confusion etc

Bedroom was really nice! Apart from the fact you could hear everything from the room on both sides which included conversations, tv etc...

The room looked nothing like any photos. Bed sheets were dirty. Rang reception to complain, and was brought a single duvet with no apology.. this again had marks on. Took a long time for the duvet to come and we had a double bed so really not happy

The woman on the desk for check in was so happy and helpful.

A little away from Shoreditch but good

Property was fine, but it’s a good 10 Min walk away from Bethnal Green Tube station and 15 mins from Old Street Station. The walk is fine and I’d say going to old street is better as then your get right into shoreditch. There are so many bars and restaurants there and a really nice vibe there.

It’s a nice comfortable hotel. It was clean and simple.

Good venue .
    • Executive Double Room

The meal on Friday evening was a disaster. Waiting staff very helpful but after two orders of food which were apparently unavailable but we were not informed until 20 minutes after each order we received a chicken burger!! Many apologies from the waitress but nothing from the chef!!! Breakfast was also hit and miss but ok when food/plates arrived.

Staff friendly and car park bonus

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Very impressed with this hotel for London, great value.

first bed was un-comfy due to springs felt at surface (wife is super sensitive to such things) however, manager was very apologetic and helpful and arranged to change our room and ensure bed was a good one - actually got upgraded to an executive suite. Slight gripe on the new room was that the air con kept cutting out after a while and it was a very hot evening. Didn't realise until later in the night when too late to report it.

Staff super helpful - see my dislikes.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

We parked the car in the hotel car park that was really...
    • Superior Twin Room

Debited €50 incase of breakage then refunded amount. Said it was incase we had something from the minibar but no minibar in room

We parked the car in the hotel car park that was really convenient and the bus service outside the hotel is convenient for central London.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Clean, comfortable bed, room was clean and adequate in size.

No complaints. Our needs were met.

Clean, comfortable bed, room was clean and adequate in size. Staff was helpful with local info. Location turned out to be super-close to a concert we came to see. Also close to underground station.

The location very close to Shoreditch, the comfort of the...

There were some cleaning problems in the room - dust over the furniture - stains on the sheets - dirty carpet

The location very close to Shoreditch, the comfort of the bed, the size of the room & bathroom

Clean and economical hotel
    • Superior Twin Room

Not particularly stylish, a bit old

Clean and economical stay close to Hackney. Fit for the budget. Friendly staff. Good bus connections and great aircon.

They booked 50 pounds in check in ( was not told previously)...

They booked 50 pounds in check in ( was not told previously) from my debit card and in check out they told that it will be put back in my card later. As the days went by and the money hadn`t been still transacted to my account, i wrote a letter to them. They told me that it is not possible to put it back to debit card. Nobody told me that! They havent contacted me from that time. I hope to get it back, but who knows. BE AWARE!!

good, as usual

Bed mattress oddly moves and shakes if you move...rather sea sick making! Not very impressed with toiletries..3 shampoos and 1 body lotion?? No soap, or conditioner. Really needs a doorman, as very likely to be hassled by beggars outside at all times.

Location great for Bethnal Green/Shoreditch. Nice bar/restaurant, parking available at £20 per day. Good aircon, and fairly quiet for the area. Excellent reception staff. Complimentary water, and a fridge.

Restaurant service was very poor.

Restaurant service was very poor. Bed was uncomfortable and bed linen was scratchy. My booking was apparently lost, then found, and then my room had almost been given away to someone else.

The walls were paper thin.

The walls were paper thin. So when a couple in the room next to me started having a physically violent argument from midnight onwards I could hear everything. I called reception to ask to call the police as someone was being hit and abused in the room next to me. Reception instead decided to politely and quite timidly ask the couple to ‘keep it down’. I rang again reception several minutes later when the fight continued, and the violence was continuing. I asked again reception for them to call the police, I was fearful for the woman’s safety. They instead sent a night porter who again asked the couple to ‘keep it down’. The woman who answered the door to the night porter lied to cover up her partner hitting her by saying ‘we’re watching a loud movie’. And the night porter believed / accepted it, despite having listened at their door for a few seconds! I should have just called the police straight up myself. The staff did nothing, despite being told someone was being physically abused. Domestic violence doesn’t stop when someone politely asks to ‘keep it down’. In the morning the staff on duty told me they could only call the police if the woman had said she was in trouble! Gibberish. Like she was gonna be able to say that in front of her abusive partner! I eventually went to the room myself at 4am, told the guy I’d heard everything and to either shut up and stop what he was doing or I was going to call 999 immediately. I should have just called them, I now regret not doing so - I was on my own, had no back up, I’m pregnant and felt vulnerable. I should have just called them despite the staff not helping me. It could have been sorted out so much quicker if the staff had helped, stepped in, or even just had a policy on domestic violence that didn’t resort to ignoring the issue. I hope that lady is ok. I got no sleep at this hotel. I asked to speak to the manager about this issue - I have heard nothing from them. Domestic violence is a serious issue.

Absolutely awful experience
    • Superior Twin Room

Upon arrival they told me I hadn’t been charged for the room yet, so I had to pay by card at the front desk. When I got home I realized I did get charged before, so I basically paid twice

Poor customer service

The car park was out of order during my stay. This was the main reason I chose this hotel. The staff Were not helpful in offering an alternative solution in where to park my car apart from the £4 an hour pay and display outside the hotel. I’d forgotten my toothbrush and in the bathroom there was a sign stating the hotel offer a complimentary dental kit. When I asked for one, they said they had ran out.

The hotel is based in a good location

We needed to be in Shoreditch close to this location Hotel overall was perfectly suitable.

We used the restaurant one evening the food was less than average and the staff not very efficient.

Pleasant desk staff. AC in rooms very welcome during hot weather spell. Good internet connection.

Comfortable and convenient for a reasonable price.
    • Executive Double Room

It would be really good if at some point the hotel had a refurbishment. Although comfortable, it is desperately in need of an update and is starting to look "tired".

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past year or so, and I have always been welcomed back. It is extremely convenient for where I normally work, which is around the Aldgate/Tower Hill area, which is a short bus ride away.

Dirty hotel with terrible staff!

Arrived late on Friday night, went out and came home at 2am. I was staying in this hotel by myself so understandably only used one side of the bed. Woke up in the morning to a really foul smell and pulled back the cushions that had been hiding the other side of the duvet and there was a huge stain on the duvet cover which smelt off. I went down to the reception desk first thing in the morning to complain and the response I received was; we can't do anything, you should have told us that last night and I'm sorry but we are going to take full payment. The staff were extremely rude and I have even received a cr*ppy email from the hotel manager basically saying it was my fault. I can't work out how it's my responsibility to know that the other side of the bed was dirty and to go down at 2am in the morning to get my sheets changed. The point is; the sheets were dirty, they hadn't been changed and I slept in it. It's an absolute disgrace; not only to give a room in that state to someone paying good money for it and secondly to blame the guest staying there for not coming down sooner to get it changed. Will never stay there again and it's in a rubbish location for local transport anyways!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great location close to London Fields

Needs new mattresses we could feel the springs in ours

Great location close to London Fields The flower markets and loads great restaurants Can walk to London Tower Bridge 30 minutes nice walk

The hotel was comfortable and well located for my purposes

Air conditioning needed some maintenance to achieve good performance level in hot period Lift availability lower than design during stay.

Functional and very convenient location

Our Stay in Shoreditch

Elevator are slow wish the steps was easy access otherwise i would have taken them to the second floor every day.

Room keeped clean nice bed aircon. Food was not bad either and the bike bay station was outside door very handy get anywhere on a bike in no time.

Good. Just “1” thing of all things!!

The irons that they have are terrible. They won’t iron your clothes properly AT ALL. Better go to a dry cleaners to get your clothes pressed instead (wherever it’s located), cause the irons (I tried 2 as the 1 left in my room literally fell apart in bits so went to another room to use one and it was beyond pathetic). I’ve never seen such budget irons even in lower graded hotels.

Location. Just a few stops by bus from Shoreditch and located in a decent area. Not too noisy even though on the main street.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Skip this hotel

Broken a/c , unhelpful staff, broken elevator , bad service for room service. Don’t pick up the phone if you call the desk. Area is okay but not good. Cab to airport 100 pounds during night, rush hour double to triple.

Rooms were clean, that’s all.

The hotel staff were helpful and friendly

Breakfast Powdered scrambled eggs still powdery Ran out of juices then when got more from the staff it tasted like washing up liquid The sausages tasted like it too . Both days went for breakfast and both days I ended up buying my own from Tesco across the road .

The hotel staff were helpful and friendly The gym was perfectly cooled but could have more weights or a multigym instead.

Pleasant 1 night stay

TV in the room was small and did not work well, took ages to turn on. For the price I expected the hotel to be more luxurious.

We got upgraded to an executive suite as we was celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary which was very nice of them! including late check out. Thank you RE for a pleasant stay, friendly receptionist which was nice. Great location as it was close to Shoreditch high street where there are loads of bars and restaurants plus good night life!

The crowd in the bar at reception were pretty destitute.
    • Superior Twin Room

The crowd in the bar at reception were pretty destitute. Not something you wish to be greeted with while traveling on business. The entire place gave me the feeling that it was being used as a ‘half way house’ to re home people. Bedsheets were the cheapest fabric. Lumpy uncomfortable bed... Bricks for pillows. A really terrible hotel. Looks like their only good reviews are the ones that they wrote themselves. Poor.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The hotel was easy to access from Cambridge Heath station...

The hotel was easy to access from Cambridge Heath station which made getting into central London quick and easy. The room was a good size and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Nice stay

The room could be cleaner for a 4 star hotel. There was no complimentary water at arrival in the room.

The bed was comfortable. The position is good. The check-in and check-out has been fast.

Friendly place, we are happy with our stay here.

The breakfast was so-so. Sometimes the scrambled eggs and the sausages turned out to be cold. Not a big deal though.

We needed a hotel in Hackney and this was the perfect option. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff was professional and helpful; when we asked for an extra separate bed for our child, we got one instantly without extra charge.

Worst stay in a hotel ever. Terrible Terrible staff! Do not stay here!!

Firstly, the staff were terrible the property. Especially the manager. After booking this place for friends I was then told I had to arrive to provide my card even though I had pre paid for the stay. I travelled 30 miles only to find out from another member of staff that I did not need to do that. The air conditioning was broken. In the middle of summer. Not even a fan could be provided. Staff were rude and facilities lacking. Definitely will not be staying here again.

The location of the property was great. Walking distance to great spots in East and Central London.

Tired and Worn out and in need of refurbishment! Bathroom sink had a large crack, which resulted in wet feet whilst washing! Waiting Staff in Restaurant were awful! Waited 30 mins to order desserts and gave up in end as no staff to take order. The Chef had to deliver lunchtime snack to the table in one occasion due to lack of waiting staff!

Location Quality of Food.

Generally very good

Kettle didn’t work and a separate socket didn’t work Only discovered this early hours of Sunday morning when needing to leave at 6.30 am so didn’t tell anyone

Warm helpful welcome and accommodated bikes easily so made all the difference to our stay

It had a very nice reception a comfortable beds
    • Superior Twin Room

The food we had via room service was absolutely awful. We had a steak which was covered in pepper and inedible. Pepper should a personal choice! The panini was no better! Worst room service food ever.

It had a very nice reception a comfortable beds

House keeping staff was very great and helpful.
    • Superior Twin Room

Doesn't mean to look down on people but beware of homeless come directly to the lobby and asked for some changes. The hotel staff should not let them in.

House keeping staff was very great and helpful. The bus stop is infront of the hotel which is easy to went out. The hotel lobby has a restaurant which you can chill out with friend. The air-condition is so great and the bed was comfy and clean. The hotel facilities is exceed my satisfaction.

Room Service was good, basic but fresh and hot.

In parts the room needed a little TLC, some bits were worn and marked and the air con didn’t seem to work properly.

Room Service was good, basic but fresh and hot.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Altogether rather underwhelming.
    • Executive Double Room

We were greeted by a surly man who chewed gum throughout our conversation. He insisted we pay a £50 security deposit “in case we damaged something in the room”. This wasn’t mentioned on the booking.com website. Perhaps we looked dodgy - seriously though everyone was having to pay it. On checkout the receptionist was keen to tell me that the deposit would be refunded to my card even though our room had not been checked, so I suggest they were just making a bit on overnighting our money.

The blackout curtains were good and it had good sound insulation.

Did the job as we needed to be in the area.

The mattress was uncomfortable. Room (109) faced Hackney Road which is very busy and we could hear traffic all night. There was an exposed electrical wire in the ceiling of the bathroom. It looked as if the fan had been disconnected.I showed a photograph of it to the receptionist when checking out. She said she would get someone to look at it.

Very polite staff. Clean room.

The bathroom was dirty with hair left on the floor.
    • Executive Double Room

The bathroom was dirty with hair left on the floor. The breakfast was not worth the £13.50. The staff didn't keep up with things running out. Food on the hot plates being cold.

Good location, parking on site, bright open and welcoming...

There was a strange smell in our room might have been the air con, but it smelt of cat soray

Good location, parking on site, bright open and welcoming reception area

Nice room, bar and facilities.

They gave me a room that wasn’t prepared my mistake and practically accused me of having been in there. Slightly dodgy area, inner city problems with druggies etc hanging round entrance.

Nice room, bar and facilities.

good value for money, great location, comfy bed, clean, great customer service!

I did notice that the place might benefit from a little paint job, especially on first floor close to lifts, otherwise everything great!

the bed was super comfy, staff very friendly and helpful, room was very clean and quiet, great location, would stay again!

Great value for money- staff were efficient & check...

Great value for money- staff were efficient & check in/out was down quickly (the check out was certainly much friendlier than the check in though!), room was extremely clean and comfortable. Location was perfect for visiting friends, especially with the bus stop on the doorstep.

Old tired rooms. Cheap bed line and mattress with springs poking into our backs. We asked them to change the mattress to one that wasn’t so old and instead they put a liner on it which made no difference. Old tired bathrooms with terrible light. A/c did not work

Comfortable, no frills hotel in a good location

Decor was a bit old-fashioned (brown theme in the room) and furniture in communal areas looked quite shabby.

We paid £64 for the night, which was really reasonable for London. The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet (top floor on Hackney Rd side). The shower was powerful and the air conditioning was very effective. We wanted to explore the Shoreditch / Hoxton / Hackney area and it was in a great location for that, we walked everywhere. Nearby Broadway Market was a great street for bars and restaurants. Columbia Road Flower Market is worth seeing, even if you're not buying. It was also only a few minutes walk to Cambridge Heath station for travelling into central London.

Browse The RE London Shoreditch traveller photo gallery