Reviews of Delmont Hotel 2 stars

Blenheim Terrace, Scarborough, YO12 7HE , United Kingdom

#24 of 28 hotels in Scarborough

It was a little tired in places. That's probably because a building that old and big must take a lot of upkeep. But for the price and the service it was great.

the staff were extremely friendly. Hotel was warm, roomy and quiet. An older building which for the price is far nicer to stay in than a large chain of hotels, where every thing is the same. It's more interesting.

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

The room was clean and in places newly painted but the overall decor (ie carpet, furniture, overall feel of the room etc) was very dated.

The family room was a very good size and facing the sea on the 2nd floor. The view was amazing.

On street parking, but the cost is cheap through the hotel at £2 a day.

We went just to get away, to go back to Scarborough without the kids. We found a good hotel with excellent staff! What a decent group of people. The location was so close to everything, we had such a good time and were treated so well, and with 24 hour bar and services. I happily go again!

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

This hotel was very dated, tatty old furniture and in need of decorating. When I checked in I was allocated the wrong room type. When this was pointed out to reception he said well that's because you booked late and the other wasn't available despite the fact I had booked and paid extra for it. I was really disappointed by the experience I had during this stay.

• Standard Twin Room

My room, didn't have a window that opened! it was broken and with it being a hot bank holiday wasn't great and when the heating came on as some guests found it cold!!! the room became unbearable! staff only could offer that I turned off the radiator. We had to have the room door open to the corridor, not great when you have young children.

Hotel was ok and the breakfast you had an excellent choice.

• Standard Twin Room

I honestly cant think of anything I was unhappy about.....would be nice to see the sea but everyone cant have a sea view and I understand this and doesn,t bother me.

breakfast is always lovely and hot and you have a good variety

• Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast could have been warmer.toast cold and had to send back to kitchen.i had scrambled egg which was almost cold.tables are set too close together no room although we only had breakfast.i could imagine at evening dinner would b difficult

Beds very comfy

See above

Tiny room, someone nearby left bathroom fan on all night so slept poorly. Tv didn't work, and wifi was down when I stayed. Lovely staff though, and good breakfast!

• Standard Twin Room

It is a little dated but better than expected for the price.

Large hotel with lift. Pleasant staff and good breakfast served promptly. Most importantly they take dogs.

The pics on internet had bathroom and rooms which looked very nice, our room had a shower and separate toilet which smelt of urine and not enough room to swing a cat, very disappointed and not value for money

Staff excellent breakfast very nice

• Double with Sea View

Our room was very small, too small to be a double, up in the attic, and nothing at all like the photos in the brochure and online, only one old hard uncomfortable worn out chair in the room and nowhere to move it from where it was, next to the wardrobe. We had to stand up to see out of the window as it was so high but I had asked for a sea view. No bath,although this had been promised, a small queen sized bed although a double bed had been promised, bedside lamps didn’t work, fan in ensuite was filthy, clogged up with dust. You couldn’t open the wardrobe door because it opened into the wall mounted TV and you couldn’t open the chest of drawers because the drawers opened into the wardrobe door. The shelf over the sink meant it was hard to use the sink. The toilet flush was ineffective and required several flushes each time it was used. There was a wall mounted strip light and shaving point but no mirror. There was no hairdryer although this was stated as being in the room and I was not the only guest present at breakfast with wet hair so I don’t think I was the only guest not to have a hairdryer provided. Staff were unhelpful and abrupt especially the manager. There was nowhere to park, we had to drive round to find on-street parking and then pay for a permit. You could be a long way from the hotel, staff were very unhelpful and seemed reluctant to admit the truth about the parking situation. We heard several guests asking about the parking facilities. Breakfast felt like a conveyor belt, the meal was obviously plated up and kept warm, we weren’t even asked how we wanted our eggs cooking; we were given what was ready. Total chaos with guests waiting and staff running round like headless chickens and this was with the manager overseeing the meal service. Guests were ordering for other guests who they could see had been waiting longer than they had to be served. Food was lukewarm and coffee was weak and tasteless.

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

The elevator had a mind of its own and was too cramped up. Breakfast was average.

The room was well laid out and had a nice sea view. Great location and walkable distance to city centre.

Not much breakfast or much choice. Bit run down but what you expect from a seaside hotel. Couldn’t check in till 3pm and then had to be checked out by 10:30! Noisy dogs.

Friendly staff. Great views. Comfy bed. Good location. Tea making facilities.

• Twin Room with Sea View

The room was small and the beds uncomfortable. Breakfast was very poor, both in choice and quality. Had to eat out a couple of mornings. Tea was undrinkable Three tea bags In one small pot made it like tar.

Location was the only saving grace. Close to town and North Bay.

• Double with Sea View

Very small pokey room not like on the photos online. Small velux window covered in seagull muck, so called sea view! Did not stay as room so awful & apparently no other rooms available.

The rooms and furnishings

The rooms we were given were shabby well worn beds and furniture and up in the attic area . Ruined our holiday came home early

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

The bar toilets could do with a make over and were a little on the smelly side

Fantastic views and good size room. Great value for money. Good location for local amenities about 10minute walk. Nice and quiet

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

Our large sea view room, very clean apart from cups provided in the room, badly stained, they either need a good clean or replaced. Breakfast was basic but was enjoyed by us both.

• Double with Sea View

The lady managing breakfast was the rudest person I've ever encountered in any hotel.

Great location, a sea view and cheesy entertainment. Loved it.

• Double with Sea View

We booked a last minute room on a bank holiday weekend so expected to pay a bit more than usual. We booked a double with sea view and a bath- the room we got was a triple with a tiny shower and a view of a side street. The sea was viewable only by pushing back curtains and leaning out the window- nothing like the picturesand not as described. The room was clean but very dated and scruffy and dissapointing for the price we paid, even at inflated bank holiday prices. The view from the front of the hotel is impressive so book a room upstairs at the front

The saving grace was the breakfast- though limited i choice was good with excellent poached eggs and quick service. The breakfast waiting staff were excellent friendly and professional

Our room (214) had a hot water pipe just inside the door which resonated when it was being used, we were at the back of the hotel which itself isn't that bad but the double glazing was cloudy with condensation and made viewing very awkward, the breakfast was so disappointing, the sausage was disgusting, not even a proper sausage, very light in colour and no taste whatsoever, there was so much on our breakfast table that there wasn't a lot of room for our teapot, very crammed, not very good value for money if you compare as we do, we came back from Bridlington 2weeks ago and the B & B we stayed in, was absolutely fantastic. (Ashford house)

The location was perfect, the bed was so comfortable and the cleanliness outstanding, staff were very friendly.

• Double with Sea View

The sink was in the bedroom and not in the bathroom

The staff, the food, the service, the view, the off street parking. Overall, we loved our stay and would recommend this place. The facilities down stairs were so lovely. The Chesterfield leather suites, pool table and bar, just lovely. We were treated very special as we had recently become engaged. This family run, home from home was lovely x

i did not like having to hand my key in every time i left the hotel this really put my back up as i expect to come and go as i please with, the hotel cosmetically was very tired and could do with a refurbishment, the room i was in was on the small size the numbering of the room was a little confusing to find when i initially arrived. The food at breakfast was acceptable however the entire breakfast processes felt very chaotic i had the feeling that there was not sufficient staff to cover the amount of demand at breakfast for example I found I had to find my own table rather than be greated. The room was priced in a competitive price bracket however I could have got a better quality of room elsewhere for only a slightly greater price.

i booked this room as a last minute trip, if i where to say anything good about the hotel is that it has good proximity to the North beach. The room had an acceptable level of tidiness and cleanliness.

Nice breakfast, great location, clean throughout hotel and friendly staff. It was definitely worth the price. We will go back again when we visit Scarborough. the bed was really comfortable with great housekeeping nothing was too much trouble. Drinks at the bar were reasonable too!

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

Decor a little tired in places. For a premium room, with a sea view, were disappointed with seating in room- only two dining chairs ( one of these was to replace a softer chair with a broken back, which we reported), though staff kindly provided 2 cushions.

Staff very pleasant, friendly and helpful - nothing too much trouble. A warm hotel, brilliant location, and view potentially wonderful, had the fog lifted! Cooked breakfasts good, fresh and hot.

Would like to have seen a selection of gins. Didn't like location of first room but paid to upgrade and was pleased to have done that.

The staff, excellent breakfast a good start to the day. Dog made to feel welcome.

Bathroom was a little small - sink was in the room.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included in the reasonable room rate - AND it was a full cooked breakfast. Location was great! Right in between both bays so both were easily accessible.

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

The food wasn’t very nice it tasted like it had been cooked at the same time and just kept on a hot plate! Could do with improvements

I like the room and the sea views

• Standard Twin Room

I love the relaxed atmosphere we have been to The DELMONT on a number of occasions over last couple years and I cannot fault it.breakfast is lovely and made personally for you whatever you fancy. The staff cannot do enough for you.the rooms are lovely and clean and housekeeping is excellent. We will be back

Could not adjust radiator in room so had to open window in night meaning a noisy interrupted nights sleep. Lots of dust around window

Good location and friendly staff

The room was very hot and the bed a little hard for my liking

I felt we got value for money, the staff were friendly and helpful especially over parking!! There was entertainment at night even though we were not able to see it because of other arrangements.

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

Dates decor Needs a dust Can smell smoke in the dining room during the evening Instant coffee Could do with coat hooks in the rooms

Friendly staff Good drinks offers Fun entertainment Strong tea Nice breakfast Well looked after Kevin was amazing

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

The breakfast was lovely but I would have expected some better quality meats and honestly, abit more of it! We also turned up at 8 at night and no one was there to great us so a bar tender literally chucked keys at us! Maybe a nicer welcome. Small changes would have made the stay great because our room was lovely!

The temperature of the room was perfect! Often we have stayed in a b&b on the seafront and it has been freezing. Room was spacious, nice and warm with friendly staff.

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

I reserved parking online the duty manager told me I was liar and that was impossible so I showed him the process on booking.com but refused to move his van out of the parking space my girlfriend is heavily pregangany that's why I wanted parking the breakfast was stone cold and well below temperature I felt very poorly

The rooms in this hotel are very poor £105 per night you expect better. When you speak to the manager about this he was very rude and just laughed in my face. Free WiFi does not work. Breakfast was cold. Very poor hotel and management very rude.

Location was the only thing good about this hotel

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

Location is excellent. We had a Premium Sea View room, views are amazing... Lots of White Caps while we were there.... Staff are great, had great Entertainment too, celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary while we were there, great time was had by all... £1.00 drinks from 7-10pm too, that was a bonus! 2nd time here, I have mobility issues, they have a Lift to all floors, a big plus for me. Good Breakfast, nothing is too much trouble, and as Kevin said....we'll be back!

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

it was advertised as good breakfast included, id have to say breakfast was average at best.

was exactly as I expected, for the price we paid room was very spacious great views and clean

• Double with Sea View

Pretty well satisfied all round

Very friendly throughout, and were considerate to dog owners, with designated area for meal times, "dine with your dog "

• Alicante Suite - Four-Poster Room with Sea View

Listen I'm not one complaining,but the bedroom bit dated.the lounge area next to bar was beautiful nice carpet lovely chesterfield settees.you would have thought you were in a different hotel.if they do the place up to the standard of the lounge,I would pay 110 pounds plus not a problem.overhall can't complain.i pay 240 in Leeds for a suite so the saying goes you get what you pay for.very friendly staff will stay again

Bar man was a good laugh. Drinks were cheapest I've ever had in any country.entertainment was good.good size room with excellent views.breakfast was good .the service was good.

• Twin Room with Sea View

The porridge was really good the staff at breakfast were so nice .the entertainment was good .would not stay any were else on my visits to scarbough .

• Double with Sea View

The room it was disgusting dirty,cold, dated and very draughty was freezing the draught coming from the window frame it was snowing and was even coming into the room via the window it was very windy outside too and when I stood to look out of the window even my hair was blowing about it was that bad, horrible awful dirty dinghy room..

The downstairs sitting area is nice the staff are lovely

• Standard Twin Room

The room we slept in was in the rafters we were as high as you could get it was full of dust and the bathroom was a toilet and shower I would not stay there again

The staff were friendly the hotel it was nice enough down stairs and clean

• Double with Sea View

In the advertisement it stated free parking, but there is no free parking. There is on street parking at a cost of £4 for two days or £5 per day to park on the forecourt.

Room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good. The staff were very helpful

• Alicante Suite - Four-Poster Room with Sea View

liked everything about our stay

really friendly staff couldn't do enough for you lovely room with sea view four poster bed free entertainment at night lovely food in the evening and a good breakfast in the morning cannot wait to visit this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone

Nothing to dislike

Having read mixed reviews we didnt know what to expect. From arriving to leaving we had a lovely stay .found the staff very friendly and helpful. Even the housekeeping team were so welcoming. Slight mix up with our room but was sorted in minutes by the duty manager. Bar area was great and well stocked. Breakfast was nice . We found the Delmount more for the older guests but this didnt put us off. Deffo stay again . Dont listen to review's try the Delmount yourself everyone expects differant.

I've stayed her 4 times in different rooms, to be honest the rooms are a little tired looking. But clean and comfortable.

Bar reception area and dinning room very nice space to sit in. Staff were great.

CANNOT THINK OF ANYTHING NEGATIVE

FROM THE MOMENT WE ARRIVED. WE WERE MADE VERY WELCOME. STAFF WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND HAPPY TO HELP. ROOM WAS LOVELY WITH A SEA VIEW, CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE. A VERY RELAXED ATMOSPHERE. WILL DEFINATELY RETURN. I AM SO GLAD I DID NOT TAKE NOTICE OF THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS SOMEHAVE POSTED. WISH WE HAD LONGER THAN 1 NIGHTS STAY.

• Double with Sea View

The hotel was looking a little tired. Although everywhere was clean and tidy it needed a little tlc from a maintenance point of view.

Excellent location with great sea views.

No access to WiFi in rooms only downfall but not a major issue

The staff was very friendly and nothing was too much to help the guest, entertainment in the hotel during our stay was good and free. The activities in the hotel was free to use only down fall there was no internet in rooms. They accommodated myself as I have trouble with stairs and requested a ground floor room but non available so gave us s room on the top floor with walking distance to the lift was 12 foot maximum which was good and no extra charge. Could take food up to the rooms and would provide the plates, cutlery and sauces of your choice. We had a pizza and took it to our room with the plates ect along with extra coffee as neither of us drink tea. Rooms cleaned every morning and the breakfast was hot and fresh along with cereal was full afterwards. Was a very pleasant and friendly stay would go to this hotel again 😃👍🏽 9/10 in my opinion

Unable to have breakfast due to it not starting early enough. Then asked if could have the money off meal at night was refused. If I had known when breakfast was served would have not paid for it or looked else where

Clean and comfortable, friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast, bar and entertainment great, all round good hotel with lovely views, would recommend and would use again without a doubt.

• Alicante Suite - Four-Poster Room with Sea View

The night porter man lost our room key then told us we had lost it luckily in the morning the lady duty manager found and returned the key to us with an apology telling us it was a fault of the night man she was very helpful

The room had a perfect view the bar and entertainment

• Double with Sea View

Dinning room and bar area very nice. Stayed in 3 different room at different rates but all rooms tired poor furniture and decor.carpets stained. Really need addressing.

Dinning room and bar area very nice.

The carpet in the room was wet when spoken to staff they said that the roof had had a leak from the rain. The view from the window was a fire escape. The room was small. Booking.com has given it a rating of 4.2 on my behalf due to options I have chosen I would rate more of a 2.5. This was a Christmas present for my mum and dad as they don’t get away much very upset they had to deal with this.

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

Possibly lack pf hot water in the bathroom as occasionally happened

Everything exceeded our expectations, staff . accomodation and location all were excellent . we will definately retunn

• Double with Sea View

the photos on the booking.com did not look anything like the room we were given which was tired no headboard paint coming off the wall paper. The room was not very sound proof we could hear everything in the hallway and every time the lift was used the door banged. also there was no mention of extra charges for a pet £10 and on street parking fees of £4 a day. Breakfast was good but felt rushed and at one point we struggled to fit our breakfast plates and and toast along with cups etc on the table.

location was good with a good sea view lady at desk was very friendly on arrival and staff were also very friendly and helpful

• Double with Sea View

Couldn't pay by card in the bar, but it wasn't a problem

Great stay, staff were friendly and helpful and explained the parking around the hotel - only £4 for two days. The breakfast was lovely and fresh with extra coffee and toast. The hotel and room was warm despite the freezing temperatures outside.

• Double with Sea View

We booked a room with sea view for our honeymoon and I called reception to make sure about the view as we booked this hotel simply because of the view. Nevertheless we paid more because of the view, when we arrived we got a cold room on third floor and the view from our room looked at another apartment and it was perpendicular to see view!!!

• Double with Sea View

Floor in room 205 on a slant not very good, paying four pounds for parking on the road, but it aS very busy and you have to stay in the correct zone.

The receptionist was very helpful told you what you needed to know. Bedroom nice and warm, bed comfy, shower ok, big tv, tea and coffee facilities.

• Twin Room with Sea View

The only thing I didn't like was I booked sea view there was a sea view but from an attic window which been short not a very good view .Had a lovely view of the roof of the room below .

The shower was lovely water very hot and I loved the self clean glass on the shower .The room was cosy and clean .

• Twin Room with Sea View

The mattress was very old and lumpy, but for such a low priced night I didn't mind too much. Everything else made up for this.

All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location was ideal and the price was competitive.

No complaints.

Lovely location, we had a beautiful sea view, and a short walk to the sea front. We took our little dog, and it was perfect. We was in a dog allowed room, so although rather dated, in was clean. The rest of the hotel was lovely. They set up breakfast tables away from the dining room for dog owners so our dogs could stay with us. All the staff very helpful and attentive.

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

We had a premier seaview room which was very spacious, The reception rooms were comfortable with nice furniture and the bar staff polite and friendly, Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

Room we had was basic but clean . Had lovely sea view . Only problem was the bathroom and the air vent made a horrible noise

The Bar was very modern and comfortable nice for relaxing. The restaurant was clean and tidy ,tables a bit small for eating on . Breakfast was good did not have evening meal so cant make comment. Staff were excellent at breakfast really dedicated.

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

We were celebrating my birthday in NOVEMBER and they were playing christmas songs. I couldn't enjoy my breakfast (what little breakfast I got). The breakfast was shocking, it was tiny. Depending on what day of the week you were there, would depend on the "CHEFS SPECIALS" which were either mushrooms (which were soggy) black pudding or A hash brown. Toast was offered which when i filled up on, I was expecting a little more on my plate. They did offer a small continental breakfast but this wasn't what I would expect to be offered on a cold November morning. We were using the same towels so we hung the door notice up to say please Don't service this room, when we returned from our days adventure we found that there was towels left outside our door which may please some people but I just thought it was a waste of washing.

We were left to enjoy our stay. The view was beautiful especially at night, when the stars were out and the sea crashed against the rocks.

• Standard Twin Room

WiFi was hit and miss. No boosters anywhere in hotel. Could only get a signal in the bar. Room 315 next to lift is unbearable, had to be moved. Cooked Breakfast is small. Service at breakfast is very slow.

The bar was only £1 per drink between 7pm and 10pm 24hr bar. Good entertainment. Good atmosphere. Comfortable.

• Double with Sea View

The room could do with a redecoration and bathroom could do with a refurbishment. Tables for 2 in the dining room need to be larger as not enough room when everything is on to enjoy your meal, quite cramped.

beds very comfortable, view from room was amazing

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

There are little pieces that need finishing but it didn't detract from our stay

The View from our room was a sea view and beautiful. The room was clean, large and comfortable. Bathroom newly refurbished. The staff although very few were attentive and helpful. The bar was very good too. Very good value for money.

The view The breakfast was too small and not very appertising The sink and toilet was not attached to the wall which could be dangerous

The bed was comfy and the room was warm and the hotel was based in a good poisition

Good explanation on arrival of the facilities and of the car parking which is on the road in zoned areas. Good Cooked breakfast . We stayed at the hotel as we were attending a 90th Birthday party which was being held in one of the function rooms. The Party was extremely well organised everyone enjoyed there 3 course meal followed by a Disco to finish the evening.

I don't mind older facilities I'm not fussy. The bathroom could do with some DIY. Breakfast coffee not to my taste.

The price for the time of year. The public areas are nicely decorated. The staff pleasant, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Available parking near hotel due to being out of season.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Would have been better with some form of evening entertainment. There wasn't any background music so the bar was silent and lacked any sort of atmosphere.

Very pleasant and friendly staff. Clean rooms and hotel in general. Beautiful view of the castle and seafront (from sea view rooms only).

• Alicante Suite - Four-Poster Room with Sea View

Only down side of the stay was the open fire in the room is now a feature and not used but chimney needs closing off due to a nasty draft coming down into the room

The room was excellent, very spacious and superb see view, four poster bed Realy comfortable

The breakfast was ok but the evening meal seemedtoconsist of pre-prepared/pre frozen food warmed up

The cleanliness of everything/ friendly staff

• Premium Double/Twin Rooms with Sea View

Breakfast. Think the food could have been better quality. Always worry when a cooked breakfast appears 2 mins after ordering it.

Location and seaview were fabulous.