2. UK hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Docklands Lodge London

Reviews of Docklands Lodge London 3 stars

244 Poplar High Street, Tower Hamlets, London, E14 0BB, United Kingdom

#619 of 1,027 hotels in London

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 1 January 2019

They actually got in lactose free milk for me.

We arrived at 2pm for check-in that was fine. Hotel room door was open..questioned this.was told to welcome us ? We went out to eat @ 3- 3.30 came back about 6pm , room stank like a sewer...reported it to Farhim and the young lady that was on duty..1/2 Can of air freshner was sprayed..they said they would let manager as there was no room available to change us..as the night went on the smell got worse..came out about 1am again..2nd set of staff was on duty...told them again that the smell was rank..they said they would write it in the book for the manager who would start shift at 7am..he did not come to us we had to find him at breakfast...told him that I expected a refund excluding breakfast charge..as the smell was so bad we didn't sleep.as it was making us gag..he 0ffered 50% refund as we had used the room( we had no choice..New years eve central London) no rooms-no choice but to stay..he then offered 60% as he said Booking.com was going to take their fee...Breakfast as ordered..Me 2 eggs over easy,beans,hash brown,Turkey bacon..was asked if wanted mushrooms(said no) as allergic ( mushroom was brought on my plate) sent it back.explained my allergies & my husbands 🤔 ..beans was cold & most of the breakfast !!The manager Riz is an absolute lier Who has his staff frightened for their job..I Complained to Booking.com...who spoke to him..and he lied to them..so they said that there was nothing they could now do !! do not go to this hotel especially room G01..and do not trust manager Riz.and any problems contact Bookings.com whilst still at the hotel...Due to the amount of air freshener sprayed...my throat is so sore...very very disappointed with how things have been dealt with..the hotel manager lied.

They actually got in lactose free milk for me..

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 30 December 2018

My daughter, myself 3yr grandson shared a room as booked for...

See above

My daughter, myself 3yr grandson shared a room as booked for o2 Disney on ice as Xmas present. We were welcomed, left language, returned to find a box room with 2 fans, hot room, no toilet or bathroom, no window!!!! Was very disappointed. I complained due to the above, the lady at the desk said the hotel was full to move us, after speaking to her manager she returned to say to contact booking.com for refund, we were going to leave or refund us £45 if stayed...this I was not still happy and when I explained my grandson has asthma she returned to say a room has come available ( it’s near 7pm and all off a sudden a room is available!!!) a kings deluxe room on 3rd floor. We did stay as now we have 2 windows, bathroom and double bed not King size though was told. It was comfortable but the hotel it self was very hot, even with windows open all night. No Lift we were on 3rd floor, stained carpets, and breakfast was ok, little choice. I do not recommend and would certainly won’t be returning. Nothing nearby eg pub as none in hotel. Hotel supplied us a taxi to o2 I was charged £20 so we returned using a London taxi from o2 costing £11 what a difference!!! Don’t use their taxi service. The hotel looks nice from the outside / online but our 1st room was shocking as we think we would have suffered if stayed, thankful we were moved, but this should be how we are looked at for £144.00 for 1 night.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2018

Wonderful
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The shower room could have better drainage for the showers. It takes a while to get rid of the water, making it a bit slippery

All the staff were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and the rooms are spacious.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2018

It was convenient but they can improve their benchmarking, being more competitive with the price.
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

The welcoming was ok, the location was not very good. However they charged me twice for no reason and i needed to ask them a refund and removing my bank details from their system regarding the GDPR laws. So, i am not sure that we can trust this establishment in depth. However, i would not complain about the rest, from my point it remain a bit expensive on the market.

The decoration was ok and the breakfast too. Their staff was polite and helpfull, i would not complain about it. Nonethemess, i do not think that i will book a room with them on the future.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2018

Value budget for 02 arena
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

There was an half eaten box of Pringles in our room and the last persons card do the room may not have been cleaned properly. There was faeces again on the toilet seat that was quite big in the communal toilet, however the next morning there was still poo on the seat. Maybe they could do a bathroom check more frequently

Clean towels, very comfy beds, helpful staff , good size room, great location for 02 arena

• Reviewed: 10 December 2018

Great stay. The Manager kindly offered a free mini bar as it was a birthday treat.

There were no pork based meats and no alcohol. However what was provided was tasty, well cooked and plentiful.

The breakfast was lovely. Plentiful and included in the price. Rooms were spacious and clean. Location was a minutes walk from the nearest Tube.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

My boyfriend and I booked a night for our anniversary and...

My boyfriend and I booked a night for our anniversary and the stay was wonderful. The staff was very friendly, the room very comfortable and cozy and breakfast time was very fast and very good. We definitely recommend it. Thank you

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

Good value for money in excellent location
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Cannot think of anything. Very good value for London and it's location.

Clean and modern comfy room. Breakfast was great for the price paid. Cooked well and served fresh. Staff helpful. Will defiantly stay again.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

Incredibly uncomfortable and unrelaxing
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

The room was far too hot and you couldn’t change the temperature and there was no window in the room. All room doors slammed shut loudly, which disturbed us until 3:00am and again from 5:00am

• Reviewed: 30 November 2018

Great morning staff, great breakfast, lovely comfy beds, only small issues.
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

When we arrived we weren't told that our room and everyone else's rooms were being tidied, (though we did arrive and check in early) and there were literally piles of bin bags in the corridors etc.

In the morning, the breakfast, and the staff who were serving were absolutely fantastic, genuinely nice to be around.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2018

On suite bathroom and jacuzi bath.
    • Superior King Room

Heating did not appear to work.

On suite bathroom and jacuzi bath. Quite location. Easy links to central london via bus and tube. Proximity to Westfield and Stratford International

• Reviewed: 19 November 2018

Would not stay again

Breakfast was terrible . Picture attached. Apparently no bacon only turkey bacon and only beef sausage only allowed 4 items. Very poor. Never heard of this before.

Had own bathroom where most people shared.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2018

A little disappointing but easy access to the O2 and friendly staff made up for it.

There was no window in the room so the room smelled stale. The bathroom wasn't particularly very clean.

It was within easy walking distance to the car park and the DLR

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

Disappointing Stay For The Price.
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

The bathroom had a funny smell and every time you flushed the toilet its smelt like rotten eggs had to keep teh door shut all the time otherwise the whole room would smell. The radiator fell off the wall whilst i was seating at the dresser in front of it, luckily i just about managed to jump away from it before it burnt me . My partner went to the hotel manger to show him it and he used to paint cans to hold it up against the wall. Which we felt uncomfortable with as my partner was worried about gas being able to get out. The breakfast was disgusting not enjoyable at all, Left it all and ended up going to a cafe instead. Wish we paid the money to stay for Central as it would of cost the same.

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

Great location if flying via London City, friendly and...

TV didnt’ work properly (no signal on most channels), safe was not working

Great location if flying via London City, friendly and efficient staff, good for a short term stay for people traveling alone, small shops for daily goods around the corner, bus stop in front of house

• Reviewed: 26 October 2018

Good for a short stay and when visiting O2 stadium.
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

The showers and toilets were in the corridor - but this was also displayed in the offering and the price was below £100 - so nothing to complain.

Very nice staff - they gave me first a room without window. However, when I asked for a room with window - even they were fully booked that night - they changed it and organized a room with one. Very close to the O2 stadium and close to London City Airport - so good for a night when you visit a concert at O2.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2018

Nice clean hotel with helpful staff.

Not the most scenic of locations but convenient. Bed a little on the hard side but still slept well regardless. Not luxury accommodation but has everything you need.

Staff very helpful and room very clean. Good location for access to 02 quick walk to train then two stops to tube straight into 02. Decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Very welcoming staff and lovely room!

Nothing, I couldn't fault anything about my stay.

I was here to see BTS at The 02 and it was only around £7 pounds in an Uber to the venue. So location wise this hotel was ideal! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived until we left. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I was only there for two nights, which is usually about my limit for a hotel stay but not this time around. I gladly would have stayed here for longer! I will definitely be back in the future.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Pleasant for our overnight stay

Parking is minimal and although we didnt really have a problem except our 1st night we expected to be parked on site we had to go across the road to find a space.

The breakfast was good with a great variety. The croisants were nice and fresh from the oven.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Really nice and helpful people.
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

Room could be more clean, carpet was stained. There is free-wifi but it's slowed down to the point of being totally useless. Poultry bacon and beef sausages are just sad, pork would be so much better.

Really nice and helpful people. Complimentary english breakfast on demand is a nice touch. Bathroom was common, but slightly better than expected. Location is not so quiet, pretty loud in fact. but the room was quite well isolated.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Everything was just perfect .

Everything was just perfect . Good choice of room and good value for money . Staff was just excellent 😏 would definitely recommend to anyone ! 5 starts for services!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

If you are looking for a hostel-not hotel- for the night, could serve that purpose but not a hotel
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

It was described as a hotel but its more like a hostel and should say so. Our room felt like sleeping inside a wardrobe, it did not have a single window or daylight!! Not sure its legal to have a room with no vent or window

located near enough to my events venue

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Great for a short stay, short walk from the tube.
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

The mattress was so comfy yet the bed was super squeaky. Don't use the hotel car service, it cost us £27.50 to get to the O2, uber was only £15.

Breakfast was lovely, our room was on the small side but clean and comfy. Lot's of information to hand if needed... quiet room. We were on the top floor, lot's of stairs but worth the steps to our own bathroom.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Decent stay overall, not good breakfast experience.
    • Deluxe Standard Room

Breakfast wasn't set up well at all. Laid out terribly in a corner where you are cramming in with eveyone to try and make your own toast (you have to make this yourself even if you order cooked food) and to make your own teas and coffees using the hot water tank next to the toaster. This could be laid out so much better as it made the whole breakfast experience stressful rather than one to look forward to. Food itself was good however (though my eggs were arrived and cold by the time I could make the toast to go with them!)... the croissants were brilliant! We were in a deluxe room with private bathroom but it was very small, usually this doesn't bother us but it was very difficult when there isn't even a chair to place clothes or bags on for example.

Staff were attentive and professional, and while the road it's situated on isn't exactly scenic, it's only a 5 minute walk from Blackwall DLR Station. Bed and the decor was nice and modern but not clinical which was great.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Enjoyable stay 😊
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

The doors on the rooms bang shut , so guests were letting them bang at night annoying when you want to sleep... but that is not the staffs fault!

The minute you arrive you are greeted with a very warm welcome.. all staff are Very friendly helpful. The and location was great we were going to the 02... with Bus stop right outside these can take into central London. It was clean and comfortable, breakfast was enjoyable too. Will certainly stay again Thank you 😁

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Excellent for what we went to London for.
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

We don't have any dislikes.

The bed was very comfortable for me because I know have back problems. The hotel was very clean and all the staff from reception,to restaurant and cleaning staff couldn't do enough for us.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

lovely stay
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

my only complaint was that there werent enough little pots of milk for my coffee in the room.

clean facilities, helpful staff, modern and lovely breskfast

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Overall a lovely stay, close to Canary Wharf and Poplar DLR station
    • Superior King Room

I asked for a high floor with a view and I got that, which was great although it did mean I had to carry my case up 3 floors as there was no lift! Other than that, everything was great :-)

The staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly and the hotel itself if fresh clean and bright. The room was clean apart from the odd small stain on the carpet, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was fabulous!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Staff were helpful.
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

No ensuite room. Breakfast was lacking pork products

Staff were helpful.....in sorting out a booking.com app problem ( book late and the app seems to change your arrival date ! ) All sorted and room found !

Perfect
    • Superior King Room

Myself and husband both commented that the bed was extremely comfortable, arrived earlier than expected (around 1.10) and was allowed to check in as our room was ready. Smart phones in bedroom loaded with tourism info and voucher codes was a very nice touch. Wifi was excellent, spa bath was lovely. Staff were all very helpful and polite. Very nice modern reception/bar and rooms. Very happy over all.

Good for one night
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

Small room which was very hot with no ventilation. When booking it doesn’t make it very clear that you share showers and a bathroom with the rest of the floor and it is not an ensuite. The room we stayed in looked nothing like the pictures, could do with a revamp however other rooms looked nice.

Close to the O2 Arena, close to the station which makes it easy to get into central London. Good for a one night stay. The male staff were very friendly and helpful at the complimentary breakfast.

Cute place to stay
    • Superior King Room

The stay met my expectations, nothing that I disliked as I knew what I was getting.

The location is good if you need to be close to O2, Canary Wharf and LCY airport. Uber inexpensive to these locations. I stayed three nights in one of the Deluxe rooms with my own bathroom as that was important for me (rather than having to share a bathroom) and it was very comfortable, there was even a jacuzzi! Liked the complimentary water, coffee and tea in the room. Breakfast is basic but good with warm options you can request and special coffees are available. Staff very polite and helpful.

The bed was really comfy!
    • Superior King Room

Air con unit with pipe hanging out of window with ductape around it & dressing gown with a big hole in it , only problems really. Didn't look good at all.

The bed was really comfy! Good place near the tube, Canary Wharf which we loved for food & drinks, quiet, classy area with fab views of the docks. Lovely staff! Very helpful! Will stay here again on next visit.

We were only there one night but will book to stay there again next time we go to the O2.
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

The room we stayed in had two Fans but was still very warm, No window. Would have been very uncomfortable during the recent hot conditions. that's it.

Staff were friendly and helpful, Hotel was clean, tidy and very quiet. breakfast was better than I expected. Excellent location, especially for the O2. Staff gave us clear directions, via the tube, to the O2. Mini bar in room, at vending machine prices. DON'T be put off if you get shared toilet and shower facilities, there were four on the floor we stayed on, and it just works.

Fab hotel, amazing staff
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff were excellent, so friendly they couldn't do enough for you. They were polite and helpful. The rooms are very very tidy and the beds are lovely and comfy. They have plenty of towels and they give you bath robes and slippers in the room and you have lots of fans

Excellent Hotel, Amazing Staff
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

I didn't like that we had to share the bathrooms. We had to go up the hall to use the bathrooms.

Staff are amazing, breakfast was delicious, room and shared...
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was so hot had fans on all night but didn’t make a lot of difference. I’m sure it’s not usually like that and only stopped 1 night so was bearable.

Staff are amazing, breakfast was delicious, room and shared toilet/shower room very clean and modern. Great if going to the O2 arena. Close to train station 👍🏻

Could be better. But staff were excellent.

The room needs proper ventilation. It is too closed up especially now it is so hot a fan just won't do it. They need to find a way either by an extractor fan or something to vent the rooms.

Location is brilliant

The staff were friendly
    • Superior King Room

The room was smaller than expected. There was no view and it was really hot. Window didn't open as much and we asked for an extra fan that made no differenc. The air condition didnt work. I paid for the superior double room.

The staff were friendly

not recommended if you require a minimum level of comfort and service.
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

There were no parking facilities, and I was told I could leave my car outside whilst we dropped our bags off and checked-in however I received a parking ticket in these few minutes. Bathroom facilities are shared with the entire floor, which wasn't highlighted well enough upon making the booking. Breakfast finished at 930am which wasn't pointed out to us. We arrived at 925am however and were refused a cooked breakfast.

Staff are friendly and helpful and always eager to help out...

We all found the beds to be quite hard and uncomfortable, but that is down to personal preference. We had a couple of issues that were very quickly sorted out by the manager Chris.

Staff are friendly and helpful and always eager to help out should you need it.

The room was really warm- the fan and air conditioning unit...
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was really warm- the fan and air conditioning unit together couldn't cool it down. There was also a door in my room which I could open to reveal it was boarded up on the other side- this felt a little claustrophobic.

The property is well presented with very helpful staff!

The stool in the bathroom for disabled users to sit and shower was rather wobbly and unsafe to use - room G102 Breakfast orders kept getting slightly mixed up, ours and table next to us had to ask for rest of the order once plates had been brought to table - bacon was smoked turkey bacon (I don’t like smoked) and the sausage was beef instead of pork which didn’t agree with me personally, so stuck to croissant and apple in the end

The property is well presented with very helpful staff! There was bottled water, tea and coffee in the room. We stayed in a disabled room which had plenty of room for my wheelchair. Breakfast was included which included fry up (no pork bacon or sausage - turkey bacon and beef sausage) and cereal, yoghurts, fruit and croissants available. All in all a good location for the O2 arena but a good 15/20min walk from nearest tube station across a busy road that wasn’t easy to cross with a wheelchair. Uber costs approximately £10 each way to and from the O2 as no pedestrian bridge nearby. Staff were very very helpful and respectful at all times!

Good, could be great.
    • Deluxe Standard Room

Way too hot in the room, this would have been a perfect stay if the room had had air conditioning.

Comfy bed, good breakfast and perfect location to get to and from the O2 arena.

Clean, handy for bus route, staff very efficient and the room comfortable
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

I didn’t like the shared shower facilities, the floor was very slippery and it would have been very easy to have fallen, a non slip floor is essential before there is an accident.

Staff very helpful and friendly. It was very clean and the breakfast was good, plenty of choice

A great little find in a brilliant location with some very helpful staff.

Room was hot and noise was quite loud during the night. Think it was trains or other vehicles parking up quite close by. Really only to be expected for the area.

Lovely room. Spa bath and nice shower. Welcome tray. Staff really, really helpful. Breakfast was a good choice. Great find in just the right location for the DLR to Stratford.

Staff v helpful and jolly.
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

Room really tiny and HOT even tho' vast fan in room taking up too much floor space. Not even a handbasin in room ☹. And for £160, I expected a decent breakfast coffee-but had to pay extra for an Americano ☹☹

Staff v helpful and jolly. Location good for our purposes.

the location was exactly what we wanted
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

i found the room small but it was only for one night if we were stopping for any longer i would have booked somewhere a bit bigger

the location was exactly what we wanted

Pleasant place but with many faults
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

No views just a yard & some buildings Didn't like to walk to an outdoor sharing toilet & shower outside the room & floor was very slippy could easily have an accident as shower was right next to toilet & sink wouldn't book their own taxi to o2 for £20 so went with Uber for £9 Also don't like the fact they don't have a licensed bar when seen it advertised, thumbs down there & there are no pubs bear the area at all

The breakfast was really nice & cooked well A fan in room, hairdryer & comfortable room Staff all very friendly

Property was good value for money, staff and location were...

Breakfast was very value - but to be fair you get what you pay

Property was good value for money, staff and location were great. Would fee comfortable staying again

Nice and friendly hotel!

No lift to the 3rd floor, but I had help to carry the bag from the staff.

The Bed was really comfortable and the english breakfast nicelly served. The staff was extremelly friendly!

Totally not up to the standard of a modern 4 star hotel
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing! Had I seen the room before paying £160 to stay the night then I would have never have stayed there, It was very hard to understand the staff - I would have stayed at the Marriott, but they only had one room left at £370 but I would have rather have done that rather than stay in this place, the toilets were not en suite, The rooms baking hot, There was a pack of pringles in the room that had already been half eaten, NEVER AGAIN!!!

Leaving!

Very nice stay
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

At one point a member of staff walked into our room whilst we were still in there, I think it was an honest mistake but it was a little startling.

Very friendly staff made you feel welcome, room was very clean, only a 5 minute walk to the DLR which was extremely helpful and there’s a bus stop just outside. Overall a very nice stay.

I'd never go here again.
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

We had a room without windows. The room was so hot that we didn't sleep for most of the night. We had a shared bathroom with the entire floor, which was nog clear at all from the listing. The breakfast was OK at best, a bit limited.

I guess the location was good, right next to the metro line.

Nice hotel, shared bathrooms was a surprise but completely private so no problem. Would stay again
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The corners of the bed, very sharp, could do with with some protectors or something. With a small room very easy to catch your shins on these sharp corners and take the skin clean off!!! Be careful of these!

Quiet, cozy, easy & quick check-in / check-out. The shared bathroom thing was a surprise at first and I feared the worse (like actually sharing a shower with a random stranger!) but in-practice its 4 separate rooms with lockable doors enclosing a shower, toilet and sink ect ect. So its very private and the only real "shared" bit is the corridor to the bathroom!

Staff were awesome despite the limitations of management.
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

Sink in room would have been nice, for the price en suite would have usual, it was not clear it was shared facilities. Management needs to get the desk staff a universal USB (inc type-c) charger

Bed was very comfy, room very clean, breakfast was tasty and plentiful, staff were amazingly helpful, polite and were excellent especially considering the godforsaken hour of the night i arrived.

The property is very modern and the room and bathroom was...
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The property is very modern and the room and bathroom was very clean and really lovely. The staff really could not do enough for you they were just so friendly and helpful. We had such a great stay here and would recommend this hotel 100%. It is very close to Blackwell DLR with great access to the rail and tube network. We loved our stay here and we will be back

OUTSTANDING

A great night's sleep in a super room, great bathroom, nicely furnished, not like some of those big featureless chains (Ibis, Novotel, Radisson etc) - and the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in for ages. Very friendly, courteous and helpful staff, delicious breakfast - first time in the East End of London and would stay here again if the opportunity arose. Brilliant value - it easily surpassed my expectations

Stay away from booking.com!
    • Deluxe Standard Room

Booking.com customer service was terrible. I originally booked accommodation that did not exist, and to top it all I never got my money back!

Good Availability!

Basic room but clean and with helpful staff, and convenient for the O2
    • Superior Twin Room

The room was very compact (we had a twin room with private bathroom on the top floor) and breakfast was basic.

The room was clean and the hotel is in a good location to get to the O2 (one short DLR journey and one short underground journey)-and getting home was even easier as most of the concert traffic was going the other way.

Great staff. Great service. Great hotel.
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

if your'e into great service, facility, staff, price then this is the perfect spot. Stayed in a lot of hotels in LNDN and so far this had, by far, the best service.

It was okay, not a destination I would choose again
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

It would have been my last choice to have shared bathroom but this was all they had left prior to booking my stay I don’t know how regular the bathroom were clean but I went to use a bathroom with a toilet and it was dirty.

The amount I paid was £140 for the night. This was due to the fact I stayed on a bank holiday (New Years Eve). Included in that amount was the breakfast but unfortunately I slept through so I am not able to comment. I would say nice friendly staff. Very close to a train station and there was a little Tesco opposite and an off license. Personally, this would be my last resort if I needed a room just for a night to stay nothing else.

Good but noisy place
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

SO LOUD! it is super noisy, there's people walking around up and down the corridor all the time to get to the toilet as it is separate from the room. It came to check in time and they were knocking on our door asking us to get out basically even though we said we wanted a late check out time. The cleaners were also making a lot of noise outside our door very early in the morning and we couldn't sleep.

The room was lovely and modern, there was this cool mini IPAD to help you get around the city which is great for those that don't know London well. The bed was comfortable.

Staff at breakfast were excellent.
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Location ok to get to excel etc. But no good restaurants or bars close by. Price is high considering it is shared bathrooms

Staff at breakfast were excellent. Breakfast was good. Clean and good Wifi

Did not enjoy the stay at all and feel like it is just a very expensive version of a hostel
    • Economy Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel, the fact the I didn't have a toilet or shower in the room. The fact that we couldn't even open the bedroom door all of the way. The fact that I had a machine on the outside of my window attached to wall making noise all night so I couldn't keep the window open. The fact that the breakfast took 3 attempts to get the right order due to communication problems with the waiter. (waiter was very nice about it all but still a problem)

Didn't really like anything.

Not much as everything seemed tacky
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

Sharing toilet and bath with other guests, no ensuite in rooms. Mini bar expensive, not very quite as you can hear conversations from next door.

Not much as everything seemed tacky

A perfect base of operation to visit and explore London for a short stay. Recommended!
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was small and windowless but set up for comfort. Shared toilet and shower was a worry, but we never encountered anyone on our visits so, not too bad!

First of all, the staff were friendly, helpful and a joy to talk to. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Secondly, breakfast was very good and coffee was first class!

Excellent friendly hotel which offers comfort and value for money!
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

The bedroom was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The staff were very attentive from start to finish. The breakfast in the morning offered an excellent range of choices and was delicious. The hotel was exceptional value for money given the location!

I stayed here with 3 friends for one night as we were...

I stayed here with 3 friends for one night as we were attending a concert at the O2. The hotel far exceeded our expectations! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were really modern and spotlessly clean, and very comfortable. The location was perfect for getting to the O2, it was only a 10 minute bus journey away, and it's about a 10 minute walk from West India Quay where there is a good variety of bars/restaurants. Docklands Lodge will certainly be my first choice if I'm every looking to stay in this area again.

Recommend for short stay nr Olympic Park

Coffee = instant only.

Customer service and friendliness of staff - all v helpful, approachable, couldn't do enough for us. Much appreciated. Restaurant service also excellent.

Great Price, Great Place, Excellent Staff
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing. I don't see how anyone could complain about it. Check facilities for disabled people though as there was no lift.

Very smart, clean and stylish but with a nice atmosphere. The staff were the cherry on the cake. Professional, attentive and smiley. The inclusive breakfast was superb with plenty of everything. It felt like every member of staff took pride in their work. The room was so comfortable with everything you could need and we had a great sleep. Don't be put off by the shared bathroom. They are cleaned all the time, there is plenty of them and they are modern and uncluttered. A robe was provided in the room, slippers, a phone, free tea, coffee and water with a mini bar also. No alcohol is served but we didn't miss it and if we had needed a drink there was a corkscrew in the room. We didn't eat in the restaurant but the menu looked lovely and very reasonably priced. A great stay.

Excellent and staff were more than friendly from the minute we arrived to the minute we left!
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was slightly too hot even with windows open. Also, I like an ensuite room, but that wouldn't stop me from visiting Docklands Lodge again.

Just ok.
    • Economy King Room with Shared Bathroom

We stayed at this hotel because the reviews said that it was a mile away from the O2 which it is.....over water! It's approx 3/4 miles away by road and costs about 6 pounds to get to the arena.

Really clean hotel and friendly staff.

Very comfortable bed
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

No windows or air conditioning in the room,Stifling hot. Carpets outside shared bathroom gave a strong foisty odour due to the wetroom leaking water under the door.

Very comfortable bed

Lovely lodge
    • Economy Standard Room Shared Bathroom/Toilet

The rooms were a little stuffy so rooms could benefit from air conditioning but we were provided with a fan after asking.

Lovely facilities, nice and clean. But the best thing about the stay was the staff, they were very attentive and kind.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!