View vacation packages to

2. UK hotel reviews
  3. West Midlands hotel reviews
  4. Birmingham hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel du Vin Birmingham

Reviews of Hotel du Vin Birmingham This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Church Street, Birmingham, B3 2NR, United Kingdom

#36 of 86 hotels in Birmingham

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 20, 2019

Relaxing and comfortable weekend in the centre of Birmingham

It's a little pricey but I suppose you get what you pay for.

The hotel is well located with short walks to New St, New St Station, Bullring, Broad St, Jewellery Quarter, etc. All the staff are very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2019

Had asked for a bottle of champagne to be sent to the room...
    • Studio

Had asked for a bottle of champagne to be sent to the room on arrival as we were celebrating our recent marriage. Hotel du Vin gave it to us free of charge and also offered a free room upgrade. Very nice touches that we really appreciated.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2019

Great location quirky hotel great food!

Lack of plug sockets in view in room. Also quite dark in the unlit wardrobe cupboard with kettle etc. Also reception didn't exactly explain why and extra £50 was put on my card but I guessed why. Shower screen was useless!

Food was excellent and that was room service.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2019

Staff and location fine.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Poor room - dark and cramped. No effective main room light - blinds coming off at one window. Shower tepid-cold with a broken temperature control that just span around without making any difference

Location and the Gym

• Reviewed: June 10, 2019

Great hotel!

Loved the hotel room. Attention to details was impressive. The staff could not do more to help. The bubble lounge was great for a drink before we went out at night time. Location perfect for parking and shopping in Birmingham. Great hotel!

• Reviewed: June 9, 2019

Made us feel special.

The milk in our mini bar was off. So no cup of tea for us in the morning.

Fantastic suite, huge bed which was very comfortable and great location. Breakfast was very good too!

• Reviewed: June 7, 2019

Location and high standard layout of the property
    • Studio

Noisy traffic - windows old and not sound proof Breakfast staff not very friendly Shower water one setting not hot enough

Location and high standard layout of the property

• Reviewed: June 3, 2019

Excellent staff, fabulous experience, all expectations met.

Absolutely nothing

Absolutely loved staying at Hotel Du Vin Birmingham, came for a special weekend with my partner and it was perfect. Staff went out of their way to make out stay fabulous, especially when Ross was also on crutches.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

I loved my stay and will be coming back for sure!

only thing the air con did not work ok and there good be more lighting in the rooms

I loved my stay and will be coming back for sure! oh yes and the Cocktails are on point :D

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

The wine served at dinner by the sommelier
    • Deluxe Double Room

I asked the concierge to help me to my room as the key card did not seem to open the fire door on the first floor. She was reluctant to help & then got lost, walking around two floors of the hotel before finding my room, with me behind her carrying all my bags. Disappointingly she was dressed in a scruffy hoody & jeans & long untidy hair. The room was inexplicably ‘worn and old’ it just felt and looked untidy, with bits of plaster on the worn carpet, which had fallen out of the wall. The bed was uncomfortably warm once we had fallen asleep with body heat trapped in all the underlying sheets etc. The breakfast waitresses did not wait for us to finish our cereal before asking if they could leave the cooked breakfast at the side of the table and remove our unfinished bowls. We asked for slightly stronger coffe in a cafetière as the first was unpleasantly weak. Instead the rather grumpy waiting staff brought only one cup of impossibly strong and bitter coffee which was equally unpleasant. Very very poor indeed. We have been enjoying visits to HdV B’Ham for years But we will not be planning any further visits.

The wine served at dinner by the sommelier

• Reviewed: June 1, 2019

Really dated and pretty bad value for money

Everything is very dated. Our room was especially dated and not in a charming way. Very nineties decor. There are way better hotels for less money

It’s a beautiful building

• Reviewed: May 23, 2019

Remains overpriced and over rated unfortunately. This franchise hotel did not meet expectation.

The hotel itself if quite tired and run down if we're honest. Fixtures and fittings are dated, bathroom grouting and bath sealant showed lots of mildew. Lots of dust and cobwebs. The room is dark with poor lighting, for hair and make up. A domineering manager type in the bubble bar, wearing a check blazer exuded a negative vibe. Breakfast was of the fine variety, nothing too exciting.

The location for us was ideal as we were going to the theater and it was perhaps an 8 minute walk away. The reception staff were friendly and efficient, our valet was very amenable and engaging. The bed was very comfortable. The bubble bar was pleasant enough which a fair menu, staff who served us were friendly and happy to offer us a suggestion on wine when asked. Valet option was great and they were flexible with us on collection time of car which was very helpful. I left my phone charger behind on leaving and housekeeping were quick to respond to my email and arrange with reception to post it to me.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2019

Excellent bathroom with roll top bath.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was luke warm had to be returned to the kitchen. Staff were pre-occupied not looking after incoming quest. Shower was luke warm could not be regulated.

Excellent bathroom with roll top bath. Bed room very good.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2019

A comfortable stay and we would go there again when visiting Birmingham.

Bedroom was a bit small with no view from window. Air conditioning was ineffective. Bathroom needed some work.

Staff were wonderful and friendly. Breakfast was great and the location was handy for everywhere we needed to get to.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2019

A very attractive building both inside and out.
    • Standard Twin Room

A very attractive building both inside and out. Very comfortable rooms with large windows making them airy and light. The bed was exceptional with beautifully crisp linen and large fluffy pillows.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2019

Lift is hard work (very very slow and only fits 3 people) and shared hallways look decrepit. Not suitable for anyone who can’t carry their bags up lots of different stairs and landings

Great location Good brand

• Reviewed: May 10, 2019

Really special stay, and really appreciated the lengths the hotel went to.

It honestly couldn't have been better.

Beautiful hotel in a lovely location. Great bar on the ground floor and lovely bar/ pub venue downstairs too. Huge room, amazingly comfortable bed, spacious bathroom with a gorgeous bath! Staff couldn't do enough to make our stay special. Having told them in advance that we were celebrating my Dad's 70th birthday, we were delighted with a complimentary upgrade for him and my Mum, and so touched when we found a card and sweet treats in their room.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2019

Disappointed

Incredibly dark cramped room (I couldn't even open the wardrobe door fully as it opened out against the end of the bed. I had to use the torch on my phone to add extra light to read).

Great central location. Breakfast was delightful.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2019

Classy, stylish, glamorous, clean, tidy.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Classy, stylish, glamorous, clean, tidy. Friendly staff. I’ve always wanted to stop at Hotel du vin and I was disappointed. Will be returning soon.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2019

I won’t be rebooking anytime soon

We arrived just after 5pm and the chap on reception must have had a bad day because he gave us possibly the worst room in the hotel. It was cramped, dark and bloody awful. The window looked onto a brick wall, 2 of 3 LED lights in the ceiling didn’t work. Frustratingly, I’d stayed here in 2008 and absolutely adored the hotel. Luckily, there was a different receptionist when I complained and we were given a much better room.

The bed was very comfortable, breakfast excellent.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2019

Never Again

Bathroom dated. I am 5'10, not a contortionist toilet impossible for me to sit on as photo. TV didn't work as aerial removed. Singularly the worst bedroom I have ever experienced.

Bedroom experience precluded us from dining in the hotel. So can't rate anything else

• Reviewed: April 28, 2019

• Deluxe Double Room

When we arrived the staff were rude and not helpful at all even though I messaged before hand explaining we would be there earlier so if our room could be ready. We then went up another 3 times to be told it still was not ready in a non helpful manner. Eventually another member of the reception staff helped us and gave us a voucher for some champagne due to it being my partners birthday but it was too late by that point as we were leaving then to go for lunch. When we finally got up to our room we were greeted by the house keeping staff shouting “I told reception it wasn’t ready! Dump your bags and go.” As you can imagine this wasn’t the nicest of welcomes due to how the reception staff were being with us too. Was very disappointed and let down as this was a surprise and the hotel was even recommended to us but I will not recommend it to anyone now.

Enjoyed the staff at the bar

• Reviewed: April 24, 2019

Not quite as good as we have been used to at H du V. Staff reacted well but needs to be spot on next
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom cleanliness - as above and intiallly a very noisy room allocated to us which it turned out was an internal noise source

This has been our favourite Birmingham hotel for many years but today we were initially let down by being placed in good deluxe double room but we found that it had a constant noise which initially I thought was coming from building site opposite. Staff quickly found us another room but in a standard double. The bathroom tiles and paintwork were in need of a refresh with black mould clearly visible - I'll stick some pics on TripAdvisor. So a bit disappointed with that - its in need of a bit of a refresh all around, Staff gave us a refund of some of the cost to reflect the change in room and were perfectly charming and helpful in the process. I discovered when we left that the noise in the room was actually coming from the hotel's won plant room beneath our room, so that room must regularly attract complaints. Breakfast was excellent as usual and bar and restaurant staff were great so we aren't completely out of love with Hotel du Vin but it needs to be spot on all around next time !

• Reviewed: April 23, 2019

Hotel with character and good central location.

Bathroom needed a bit of updating, other than that nothing to comment on.

Great location for the Cathedral area and The Bullring only 10 mins walk. Very friendly welcome and both bars very pleasant. Easy parking at Snow Hill nearby. Lovely old building. Comfortable room and bed, nicely furnished.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2019

Dirty and overpriced
    • Deluxe Double Room

Tired, dirty, old, worn, unfriendly staff, overpriced for what it is. I’ve stayed here before around 2 years ago and it has gone down hill massively. It needs a massive update, fresh lick of paint, bathrooms need a good scrub, mould, dirt and dust everywhere. We were moved from one room to another which was slightly better but still not up to standard for the price charged. Won’t be staying again!

The size of the bed!

• Reviewed: April 1, 2019

Great location and facilities, would stay again
    • Standard Twin Room

Room décor was a bit tired, looked like it needed a refresh.

Great location on a quiet street, well equipped gym with good sauna and steam room, bar and resto also good.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2019

Great though brief one night stay.

The bed was very wide and could have been a bit more comfortable. The room was very cold when I arrived, but it got better. Furniture was a bit makeshift, but it was fine.

Lovely ambience, especially of the dining area. Very spacious room with high ceiling.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

The location of the hotel was perfect and the staff very...

Where do I start, the decor is tired dark and dingy, the room we stayed in was in a poor state of repair, bathroom particularly poor bits of grit and rubbish on floor, mould on tiles and also amazed that room service trays can be left unattended for 4 hours

The location of the hotel was perfect and the staff very friendly. Unfortunately I have nothing else positive to say about the hotel

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

Not as expected for the price

Rooms were ok but could do with a bathroom regrout. Lighting in rooms was awful, hard to get ready for the evening. Coffee/tea facilities awkward with kettle in a cupboard.

Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

The staff were excellent, from reception to the bar and...

The staff were excellent, from reception to the bar and restaurant staff. This stay was a birthday gift for my wife and the hotel unexpectedly upgraded our room. The hotel even added a complimentary drink and left strawberries covered in chocolate in our room. A lovely touch. The food in the restaurant was excellent too, I would definitely recommend and stay in this hotel again. Thank you to all concerned for a super stay, I only wish we could have stopped longer.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2019

Very comfortable, clean, lovely bathroom, good location for...

Very comfortable, clean, lovely bathroom, good location for central Birmingham and excellent choices for breakfast. Good value for money and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2019

OK

Room was not clean and there were areas of the room that had not been cleaned for a long time. I found a previous guests belongings and the room had not been cleaned properly. The toilet seat was chipped and worn. etc....

• Reviewed: March 16, 2019

Although it was brief it settled us in nicely for our wedding which was on the following day.

The size of the room, massive shower, Nice and chilled. Nice touch having a note in the room congratulating us on our wedding, complimentary glass of fizz.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2019

Everything really great, except the lorries that seem to rev...

Everything really great, except the lorries that seem to rev their engines right outside the building - around 5am. Luckily the beds are comfy and you can fall back to sleep.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

Nice hotel but not worth the amount paid.

Milk in fridge in room for morning coffee was sour. Bed and pillows a little too soft - but this is a personal preference. Was not asked if wanted any sauces with breakfast when other guests around us were.

Good location. Spacious room. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

A bit shabby considering the brand and price
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is rather tatty, not sure they’ve had any renovation since they opened more than 20 years ago. Room quite shabby. A lot of noise from the road. The rooms all have names rather than numbers which makes the rooms hard to find, and is frankly just pointless.

The breakfast was really nice, spa also quite nice.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2019

The oldie Worldy feel it has to it - bed was one of the...

The oldie Worldy feel it has to it - bed was one of the comfiest I’ve stayed in , and they added a nice touch with champagne and chocolates for our Anniversary

• Reviewed: March 6, 2019

Bath had scum marks and hair.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bath had scum marks and hair. Room above had area of floorboards which meant you heard other guest moving around ( loud) Sofa and furnishings were tired and looked like they can from a charity shop. Really disappointed and shameful they can charge their rates. Never again

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

Disappointing stay in what should be a great hotel

Tired decor in standard rooms and clearly not hoovered well at all.. bathroom more 2star mouldy with filthy floor.... used contact lens on floor side of bed... shame a good hotel thinks this is acceptable for a standard room. Clearly low standards...

Great style in public areas and location is very good... staff are wonderful and assisted well in dealing with cleanliness issues with room.. stayed with the chain before but this location has some work to do

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

Central location.

The hotel felt a bit tired in places and in need of renovation. Very slow service in the restaurant. 50 minutes for my starter of grilled mackerel to arrive.

Central location.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

Good location, staff need to pay more attention to detail

I was told that the steam room and sauna were not working at 7pm but this was in fact incorrect, the staff wished to go home early - my friend was already in the steam room! Asked for more shower gel - none delivered

Good location Clean Nice linen Fresh milk available Nice coffee machine

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

good for a break

only one lift - very slow

location is excellent, street parking limited to 2 hours. Nice bar. Rooms can be random - had a large one last time but this was small. No apparent reasons just a quirky property.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2019

Very stylish.

A few minor practical hiccups: room was cold when we arrived, missing refills on day 2, some ambiguity (later solved) regarding payment

Very stylish. Great spa. Excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

After switching rooms we had a great night’s rest, the room...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Building work next door starting early morning Playing the parking meter game early and late

After switching rooms we had a great night’s rest, the room was large, bed was comfortable, shower hot and breakfast excellent (food and service, both days)

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Would definitely use this hotel again
    • Studio

Nothing gave any cause for concern or complaint

The service from every member of staff was very good and the hospitality staff were exceptional, each and everyone

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Unexpectedly disappointing

Just thought it was bad value really. Room was expensive and due to a great reputation, we were expecting a well designed and well furnished room. The light switches were missing fittings, and the light controls were scrambled so the floor mounted lamp couldn't be turned on without the main lights turning on. Bathroom taps were erratic and stiff, and due to retricted local parking, we had to opt for valet parking, which at £25 just to park it 10 metres down the road was crazy. The room also felt cavernous, a bit shabby and badly scaled and therefore wasn't cosy, which is what you really want from a double room. Generally the whole place is due a serious refurbishment, seems dated (despite playing on the quirky mix of interior styles) and, generally didn't feel valued as a customer. For a brand with an image based on luxury boutique, we almost felt braced to be charged for anything which might normally be granted as complimentary from a reputable hotel such as Hotel du Vin. Displaying high end confectionary and crisps on display on the dressing table, only to be charged for them on checkout is just a bit cheap really. We were really expecting better than this for the price, and might think twice about recommending it really. Regretted not booking the Ibis down the road for half the price immediately.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

Very warm and comfortable, thoroughly enjoyed the stay

Parking is £25/day and you need to request well in advance. No room numbers made other people finding the room a bit difficult. Most of the plugs in the room were not stabsard British plugs.

Loved the sauna and steam room. Great waterfall shower, very warm and comfortable room. Lovely breakfast. Good tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2019

Food to die for!
    • Studio

The soft furnishings in the room need a good clean or replaced in the suite I stayed in. I was situated across from the cleaning station, so at a very unreasonabl3 hour in the am heard all the ladies cackling and chatting rather loudly meaning no need for my alarm due to wake me up 2 hours later. They forgot my pastries and toast for room service breakfast first morning. One of the floor boards is collapsing meaning your foot gets caught and sinks into the carpet which is dangerous.

The staff were friendly, the food was outstanding from room service! The suite I stayed in was a wonderful size. The main positive is absolutely the staff, They are a credit to the hotel.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

Great for a girls night away!
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel bar was lovely but very expensive in comparison to other local bars

The location is great, the building is fantastic. We had a twin room which was a huge room. The beds were really comfortable and the in room facilities had everything we needed. The check in/out staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

No hot water in showe, bathroom decor also a little tired,...
    • Deluxe Double Room

No hot water in showe, bathroom decor also a little tired, resolved water by given a discount but lucky we had paid extra for room with a bath beforehand

• Reviewed: January 26, 2019

A really lovely romantic place to stay in the heart of the City, the bar is super sweet and cosy!
    • Deluxe Double Room

We attended a concert and returned to the hotel at eleven and the room service selection was very poor. But the bacon sandwich was very tasty!

The bar and the cocktails, lovely products in the bathroom! Staff very friendly! Great selection of coffee with the little machine in the room!

• Reviewed: January 22, 2019

A touch of luxury to complete a night out in Birmingham

There were several items in the bar that were unavailable. A large group came in and it was very noisy - our room was over this group and we could hear them. There did not appear to be a guide to hotel in the room so had to guess where and what time breakfast was served to. No apparent fire evacuation plan.

We were given an upgraded room at no extra charge. Walk in monsoon shower was excellent. Bed was king size and super comfortable. Breakfast was excellent choice and cooked items served quickly.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

All fur coat and no knickers
    • Deluxe Double Room

It's in serious need of a refurb. Room was big but carpets worn, chairs and sofas stained. Just a general 'down at heel' feel to it. For the price we were disappointed. Noisy too, the room above us sounded like it had a herd of migrating wildebeest and the creaky floorboards made it worse. Not thrilled by the round pinned plug sockets either, making plugging in our phones by the bed impossible.

Bed was comfy and clean. The mini bar was well stocked with a more thoughtful variety of drinks and snacks.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

Room and bathroom excellent.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was an annoying noise from and air conditioning unit (or some other mechanical unit) which caused a hum which was loud in parts of the room. Frustratingly noisy in bed! Luckily I was very tired so slept. Surely this could be remedied?

Room and bathroom excellent.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

Comfortable but not the boutique experience we were expecting

Limited plug sockets in the room, no plugs in front of mirrors had to move the TV to dry my hair. No plug by the beds. Room was tired, all woodwork chipped, grey and mouldy grouting in the bathroom. Very small room could barely get the ironing board up. More rustic than boutique and having worked as a hotel manager for years, I would rate it a 3 star hotel rather than 4.

Comfortable bed and lovely staff. Great central location.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

Well worth treating yourself

Only From a purely personal point of view. As someone currently having to use a walking stick the steps were a little awkward. A better handrail would help

As it was my first stay there they upgraded my room. The staff were very helpful, polite and friendly. I will definitely stay there again....

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

Lovely building and staff. Always exciting to stay

No one was answering the phone when I tried to call

The staff upgraded me to enable me to have a walk in shower as I have temporary mobility problem I tried to telephone before arrival but this was not answered. However upon arrival and check in there was no hesitation and I was assisted immediately Very happy. Beautiful breakfast with very helpful staff

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Pleasant but in need of some freshening up.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff are friendly, hotel is in a good location and the style of the hotel is lovely. This was our second time at this branch of Hotel du Vin and have visited 2 others. Our room this stay was not as pleasant as our last visit. Felt a little cramped and a bit worn, mould in the bathroom, cracked toilet and a broken bathroom blind that only went up and wouldn’t come back down, all let the standard down a little. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious, but breakfast wasn’t fresh, and tasted like it had been sat for a long time. We were a little late down but still within the time so I would expect as fresh a breakfast as if we had arrived at 8, especially as we were charged extra on top of our B&B rate. Would still stay again but maybe pay more for a larger room and eat breakfast elsewhere.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Great building with good sized well appointed rooms.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room too have when we arrived but turning radiator off and opening windows solved that

Great building with good sized well appointed rooms. My wife loved the shower and bed was extremely comfortable

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

OK but not value for money and not likely to use again
    • Standard Twin Room

Room names instead of numbers just made it difficult to find your room the shower was cold the floors creaked your could hear other toilets being used and flushed the bathroom was shabby and needed some TLC

Location was very convenient

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Very convenient and fit the bill but would not chose this hotel again

Rooms are tired and decor is outdated. Floors and stairs very creaky and noisy. Lift capacity for a hotel inadequate. Appreciate it is an old building.

Excellent location for my event. Very helpful and courteous staff . Located close to parking and shops. Breakfast was good. Don't have anything else to say.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

Lovely spacious room and nice big bathroom.

I think there could of been a shelve in the shower to put shampoo ect and a full length mirror in the bedroom.

Lovely spacious room and nice big bathroom. Loved the style of the hotel. Breakfast was very nice and it was served! No buffet thank god!

• Reviewed: December 27, 2018

Friendly staff, big room, nice bathroom with excellent...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Slightly dusty in places, room was cold on occupancy and a lot of noise from the street could be heard as the windows were not insulated.

Friendly staff, big room, nice bathroom with excellent shower.

• Reviewed: December 23, 2018

Classy joint in the heart of the city.

The bed was fantastically comfortable but also huge - probably too big for the room - so very little room for luggage. Luggage issue again, lovely building but the main entrance is difficult to negotiate with anything more than a briefcase/handbag. Lift was tiny - and slow too.

The general theme and ambience was great. The restaurant appears to have been decorated to resemble a tobacco-stained Parisian bistro - successfully - and breakfast was varied and generally good quality - very helpful staff too. Although we didn't have cause to use it, the bar seemed to be a popular and buzzy rendezvous. My earlier negative comments were probably triggered by the nature of the building which was apparently the Birmingham Eye Hospital. Ironically, I think the building and it's quirky character are also probably what we liked most about our stay. We will be back.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2018

It had character, central to the City and a short walk to...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Lighting was dim on the reception area. Entrance door was very heavy to push when you have luggage and there are no porters around

It had character, central to the City and a short walk to Birmingham Arena

• Reviewed: December 18, 2018

Excellent value fir money and an added bonus as I didn’t realise we had breakfast included .

Did find the hotel quite dark and lighting didn’t seem very bright on the flights of stairs ( but could have used lift to avoid that)

Good choice of breakfast . Our room was quite quirky , having to go down about 7 steps to the bathroom which we really liked .

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

Good location for a party town

At this time of year, it's expected that Christmas will be everywhere Inc hotels. So it goes without saying that it was so loud and noisy when it came to bedtime and with two young kids it made it a little more of a challenge. There was also next to no signage showing you where the rooms are.

The location was excellent and also the bed was just sooo comfy!

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

Great location, lovely bed but disappointing hotel
    • Studio

The hotel is tired it needs a lick of paint and some attention to detail. We stay in a lot of boutique hotels and the Hotel du Vin needs to up its game to perform to that level.

Bed was fantastic

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

Disappoing when its a £100 a night to have little things spoil it

Bathroom was full of black mould, looked old and needs updating. Lighting in the room was poor.

Location was great and staff friendly. Coffee making facilities in the room was good and the bed was big with clean sheets.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

An oasis of comfort after a busy day
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfast service was slow. Tea arrived after the "hot" breakfast plate, while the hot breakfast was tepid, patently having waited on some counter to be served at the table

Bathroom was indulgent. Mattress was for dreaming

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Shower didn't work on first night, not fixed in day.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Shower didn't work on first night, not fixed in day. We then moved room to an upgrade but had to chase Pretty poor staff for level of hotel and our previous experiences

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

NOT VERY GOOD , VERY POOR AT FOLLOWING THROUGH CUSTOMER SERVICES , STILL AWAITING HOTEL TO PHONE

woke up at 2:00 in the morning by room next door playing load music and singing till 3:45 , It took two phone calls to reception till it got sorted. next day took it up with reception and was told the manager Emma Mason would be getting in touch about this. by email or telephone im still waiting (4 DAYS LATER NOT VERY GOOD SERVICES I PAID £204 FOR ONE NIGHTS STAY AND DID NOT GET ANY SLEEP )

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Lovely cocktails.

Table lamp wasn't working and despite speaking with the front desk nothing was done. Very gloomy. Too dark for 'ambience'. Rooms named after wines, vineyards, etc. People wandering around asking other guests whether they have seen Room "X" isn't a good look.

Lovely cocktails. Comfy bed.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

A little bit of luxury, would definately stay again if going to birmingham
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate in the bistro on friday evening and all three courses were beautiful. I think all diners were of the same opinion and I didnt see any food going back to the kitchen on used plates, every scrap of food was delicious. I noticed that one customer was making a complaint about slow service. It wasn't the speediest but whatever wait we had berween courses was made up by the quality of the food.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

QCD - Quality OK. Cost - NG slightly expensive. Delivery (Service) - OK.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The lighting in the wardrobe for the clothes was very dim, it was impeded by the fact that the door could not be opened 100% due to the proximity to the bed. It would have been better to put the minibar in that section and this would allow more access to the clothes section and allow the door to open and have light in that section. Lighting in the bathroom was also very limited - not ideal to shave. The lift was very slow - only 3 floors. In the same time we would have travelled to the 20th floor in another hotel. The main entrance was not automatic, the door was difficult to open and there were steps up to the entrance door. Not ideal with lots of baggage.

The room was very spacious. The bathroom was as big as the bedroom. The bed was a king size and very comfortable. Good relaxing sleep. The room was well appointed. The shower was a storm shower with good pressure.

We Price Match