Reviews of Elizabeth House Hotel 4 stars

Rounds Hill, Wokingham Road, Bracknell, RG42 1PB, United Kingdom

#6 of 15 hotels in Bracknell

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Elizabeth House has a very welcoming manager and staff, who are willing to do whatever they can to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Delicious breakfast served every morning, and dinner is also available if desired.

All fantastic - no complaints at all. Brilliant

The best scrambled eggs I have had in a long time. The evening meal was very good and presented to a high standard. The staff could not have been more professional and friendly.

We couldn’t really find any real faults. I would recommend extra shelving in the bathroom for cosmetics. The room I stayed in at the front could have benefited from full blinds as you could see right in with just the ventitan blind. I realised we wasn’t offered any WiFi.

We were pleasently surprised by the clean, modern and cosy rooms. I could tell the rooms were quite new. It was quiet when we stayed for just 1 night. We were welcomed and made to feel at home by Dave who also cooked a really great breakfast. Michael ensured our stay was comfortable and you can tell they both take pride in ensuring that. They were also very accommodating with allowing us to check in early and check out a little later. It is also in a good location, just 10 minutes drive from shopping centre.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Bit confusing on arrival when there wasn’t anyone there for a few minutes

Nice and quiet. It was the night before my wedding and we were allowed to check out later until the bridal suite in my wedding hotel was ready.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Nothing. Very happy with our stay.

Very welcoming and rooms were very clean and a good size. Breakfast was delicious and there was plenty to choose from. Staff and owner very polite and friendly.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Clean, fresh surroundings excellent service, comfy rooms including beds. Lovely breakfast set up and so much choice. The staff were very friendly and overall it was s relaxing 2 days

Light over mirror in bathroom didn't work,shower head angle wasn't adjustable. To be fair though, we arrived quite late and did not bother mentioning it, so did not give the owner a chance to rectify. Was only a minor niggle.

• Single Room with Private External Bathroom

I stayed on a paticularly cold night in early February and was accommodated in a single room at the front of the property. Although the room was heated, the atmosphere felt chilled, which I think was because the room was converted from the garage, and therefore probably not insulated to the same degree? The single bed had no headboard which meant the pillow (and my head) were against an icy wall. I did rearrange the direction of sleep (in true Feng Shui style), but it didn't really help and combined with the noisy road meant I didn't sleep much. Overall, the B&B appears to be popular with some good reviews, and the owner is helpful and curteous, but I just didn't like my room. If you intend to stay, would suggest requesting a room at the back or upstairs.

Located on the Wokingham Road, the B&B is prefectly situated for the A329M and Bracknell Town Centre. It was reasonably priced and where I needed to be, so seemed like a good choice at the time of booking. There was a bit of confusion on check in when the owner said continental breakfast was on offer, although my booking confirmation said a choice of breakfast and even had a picture of a full English! No matter, the very obliging chap said I could have what I wanted, so no issues on that front!

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

The shower was faulty.....in fact it hardly worked at all and we were three to the room. So disappointed. On arrival the hotel sigh did not do the hotel justice ias tattered and torn adding to apprehension . However the interior and garden pleasant and inviting. Location ok.

Cleanliness good,tea,coffee good,bed comfortable,new contemporary bathroom.

Just too small. A couple of houses knocked together.

Very small room and fairly basic but the manager was particularly nice. He was sorry to think I might leave without breakfast and I found that touching. A nice man and I will go back.

Nothing to complain about except problem with flush in toilet.

Comfortable and clean. Staff were friendly and welcoming and Jon helped us find the location when our sat nav went wrong. Great breakfast. Lovely shower.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

(1) Instructions by text to collect room key from keysafe outside front door. Not the sort of 'welcome' expected from a 'hotel'. Hosts have said, “We would never just send out a text without confirming this was acceptable to our guests!!!” Here is the transcript of the unsolicited text, reply and instructions sent: 23 Sep, 1:41pm Hi this is Jon from Elizabeth Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you. Can you advise us of your approximate arrival time today? Thank you. 23 Sep, 1:46pm Hi Jon, currently on the m6 toll. Expect to be there between 4pm and 5pm, unless there’s any hold ups. Thanks, 23Sep, 1:49pm Ok thanks , Just in case I miss you , as I have to go to the shops I have left the key in keysafe number 1 (to the right of the main entrance) code is **** You are in room 6 upstairs The key opens main entrance and your room Any problems just call Thx Jon Having been notified in advance by email, “Just a reminder, check in time is between 15:30 and 21:30. If your arrival time is outside of these times, kindly contact us.”, being expected to let ourselves into a ‘hotel’ in the afternoon because Jon had to go to the shops, is not a ‘welcome’ we have experienced previously in any other ‘hotel’ nor even a guesthouse / B&B. (2) Registration Form left on bed with post-it note asking for it to be completed and left outside room. Again, not what you expect from a ‘hotel’. (3) Form left on bed to order breakfast by 8pm the night before, also to be left outside room. Again, not what you expect from a ‘hotel’. (4) When we asked for the bill we were handed a receipt in a sealed envelope, which fortunately we checked before leaving as a credit card charge had been applied without prior notice. When queried, told that it is on website / booking agencies but we still can’t find it. Charge was refunded and different card used but when you expect to pay at an establishment, sight of the bill and options on how to pay should be the norm.

Nice garden with seating, good for having coffee after breakfast.

I wasn't sure from the booking .com description whether breakfast was included; it was not. For a family with several children on a tight budget this might be a nasty shock. I definitely did not like the fact that the manager had taken the money from my account before I went to pay. In many years of travel, I have not seen this before. Consequently, the addition of £40 for breakfast had been taken before I realised it was payable. Although the bill was correct, this practice puts the advantage with the owner should there be a complaint; making any refund difficult to get back.

A clean B&B in a good location, easy to find from motorway network. Room was adequate although more than one pillow would be better. Breakfast was well presented, if a little too leisurely. On site parking was a definite bonus. Garden was well laid out and accessible to guests.

The only improvement I could see would be to have 2 packets of biscuits in the room instead of one - my partner ate the lot!

Everything! The bed was so comfy and the host was amazing. The attention to detail was unbelievable all the way down to clean ketchup lids!

We were a little disappointed that we were put into a room with a known issue with the noisy bathroom fan which was on too long a delay and which wasnt mentioned when we checked in (we might have avoided putting on the bathroom light had we known). The owner did offer to move us though but only had a twin room available which wasn't what we really wanted.

The room was lovely and clean with a nice sized bathroom and crisp white linen and towels. The breakfast was very good with lots of choice for cereals, fruit, juices, pastries as well as the freshly cooked breakfast.

A TOTALLY CHANGED FROM LAST YEARS STAY HERE !!!!!!! On booking everything seemed fine .. ( I'd stayed last year) I was rang by 'John ' to say early booking fee was £30 ! Then if we wanted breakfast that was £10 ( when website clearly states £9 .. although very very clean and comfortable .. breakfast was irratic . ( I'm GF .. so didn't want sausages) they came on my plate ...! and GF bread was avalible ( I'd rang the day before to say) Breakfast plates weren't cleared quick enough and when done .. it was in a washing up bowl ! Then On departure John charged us £9 each for breakfast ( which was right ) and £25 for Early check in ( we checked in at 12:05 midday ... John Seemed to Pluck payments out of the air and charge what he liked .. there's nothing set in concrete .. A TOTAL CHANGE FROM MY STAY LAST YEAR ... which there was a very very lovely couple who ran it then ..... ☹️☹️☹️☹️

Clean

We came for Ascot races, which meant we wanted to park the car at the hotel early - the owner was very accommodating and actually let us book in at 11:00 and leave the car. The room was spacious, comfortable and had good facilities (TV, kettle, tea/coffee etc) and the breakfast was very good. Both the owner and the guy at breakfast were very helpful and friendly, and we'd have no hesitation in returning again. The hotel is about a mile from Bracknell town centre, so walkable - or about £5 by taxi (there are buses too, but they stop quite early in the evening).

• Single Room with Private External Bathroom

The owner is one of the rudest people I have ever come across. This same owner also tried to overcharge me and also threatened to harm me. This owner also apparently has a reputation for being a difficult person in that neighbourhood. The owner tried to charge me for my stay even though I had paid via Booking.com in advance. There was a problem with my credit card when this happened, after which he grabbed my keys and physically pushed me out. I had to remain on the street for 3-4 hours, and it was only with the help of locals that I was able to discuss the matter with the owner at all. It was only after telling the owner that I had proof of paying in advance that I learned I only owed money for dinner and breakfast. I payed this and was then told to collect my things and leave after only half the number of days I had payed for. When I was packing my things, the owner repeatedly threatened to harm me and to have other guests harm me. I also had to endure being the recipient of some really nasty language . When I complained to booking.com about this, this owner went another step further and lied about all this. Even if this didn't happen, this place is one of the most poorly run and disorganised hotels I have ever seen and I would not recommend that anyone go here. The food is mediocre and the dining area smells like milk gone bad.

Stayed over for Ascot weekend and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Jon and staff made sure our stay was pleasant and couldn't do enough for us. Would definitely stay again.

No hot water for the shower on Sunday morning. Tried before breakfast and tried again after breakfast - still no hot, or even warm water. No member of staff around to fix this. Room was on the ground floor, at the front overlooking the carpark. Did not feel able to have the windows open - safety reasons, concequently the room was very hot and stuffy. Shower room on 2 levels. A step down from loo/washhand basin area into the shower area.. Slippery floor dangerous

The location is inconvenient if you're using public transportation. The hotel is far from the train station, buses are seldom, Bracknell seems too be a town with no touristic attractions or amenities whatsoever.

Nice, friendly, and clean hotel

The staff at the hotel were fantastic. The room was a very good size for the three single beds and the en-suite and shower were brilliant. There was ample tea and coffee facilities and iron and ironing board. Everyone made us very welcome and breakfast was delicious. It is not the luxurious accommodation but it doesn't set itself out to be so, It was very comfortable, very convenient, parking was brilliant and it was so close to Royal Ascot!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Wifi was variable. TBH Bracknell isn't a place to spend much time other than working or passing through.

Nice basic guest house/B&B. Breakfast was fine, bedroom generally OK. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

I travel a lot but never faced situation like this. The owner of the place came to my room in the morning asking why I do not want breakfast on my second day, Blamed me he had to get up early , was arrogant told me off called me a layer . Threatened me. Charged me for the breakfast anyway. I tried the breakfast the day before the portion where very small not adequate to the high price. The room looked only clean when I moved the night cabinet to charge my phone found old bottles and trash. HORRIBLE PLACE AND THE OWNER BEHAVIOUR UNACCEPTABLE I HAVE NEVER MET ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE AND I DO TRAVEL A LOT STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE

No fans in room as was a south facing room and would have been nice to have some air circulation.

Nice clean property and room. Friendly staff and manager. Breakfast was good quality. Nice touch having a fridge in the room.

After our 140 mile drive we did not feel like going out to find an evening meal, the owner kindly cooked us a meal with refreshments. Superb breakfast. Nice view of rear garden from breakfast room. If we need to go to Windsor area again we will book to stay there!

The owner was fanstastically helpful and cheery. Lovely to have someone go the extra mile to ensure your enjoyment of the stay. Comfy bed, soft sheets, good shower.

Mix up with room size which was rectified. Large unidentified warehouse behind garden. Could hear lorries moving around and reversing first thing Sunday morning. Breakfast slow.

Bedroom and bathrooom spacious, modern and clean. Friendly staff.

excellent cooked breakfast which you wait a few minutes for but you can tell it has been cooked for you specially as it is not dried up bacon or eggs etc

Clean, value for money, close to town centre / transport links, lovely garden, and best of all - helpful and friendly staff / management. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

My wife had an allergic reaction to the bedding which made her uncomfortable during the night

The bed was comfy and the staff were very friendly!we arrived too early for breakfast on Sunday but they were okay with that!

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Would have liked a later finishing time for breakfast, as though we were there for business, we did not need such an early start. Little noisy at times,especially at check out times,cistern did not flush on first morning, and smell of cooking at breakfast time crept into the room, (room over the kitchen and breakfast room),Overall nice hotel, but a little overpriced for what was offered.

We did not take the breakfast option, as after a long day previously, the breakfast was too early finishing for us.Warm and comfortable room, helpful hosts.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Coffee making facitities - no coffee machine, only instant coffee. The shower had quite low pressure. No reception, staff can be reached by phone or email - not disadvantage, just good to know. Wifi not always good, especially in evenings. Poor cosmetic staff supplies - only soap and shower gel/shampoo available.

The hotel is good located to me - within walking distance both, to my work and to a town center. Very cosy and comfortable, clean room. Big wardrobe with a plenty of hangers. Big bathroom with a lot of shelves. Big fridge. I stayed for 6 nights, then came back after a week end for another 2 nights, and was offered the same room. In total, I felt like at home. I'd stay there again.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

- The Wifi in the room was exceptionally bad. When you could maintain a signal it was fine, but it would drop every 30 seconds for a good 30 seconds. Could do with more Access Points. - Nowhere very close to get an evening meal. Not a problem if you're OK with Just- Eat every night.

- The staff were absolutely brilliant. - The room was comfortable and clean. - Location is excellent for anyone working in Bracknell.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The only criticism I have if any is the room was a little small

Room was very clean and comfortable, modern bathroom, great shower! The staff were very welcoming and helpful, the hotel has ample parking and nice grounds, the breakfast was very good, good choice and very nice 'Full English'

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Shower didn't work this morning So left unclean not nice. Did report to staff was mentioned not the first time in this room. Room 2. My only rant....

Absolutely brilliant personal first class service from staff and owners very pleasing. Room was cold and did their up most to rectify with portable heater. Totally understanding. Breakfast an absolutely superb experience. not to be missed! Travel a lot use many hotels in the year's (also in Bracknell) and this quaint BnB Hotel Good. Being a Bracknellnite I've known of this establishment for many years and watched it transform. Worth a try ...

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Electric points on main wall were not fixed properly with bad connections. Bathroom heater didn't work so was cold in there. Did tell staff and was told it didn't work properly ( surely should be fixed then?) Bathroom cabinet looked nice but was dirty inside. (Could have done with some little extras i.e. Shampoo/shower gel).

The premises were really attractive. We weren't in the main building but room was lovely. (No 14) . Tea/coffee making facilities (could have done with some more milk cartons) plenty of room and bathroom was spacious with good working walk-in shower. Staff were really welcoming and informative.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

A bit expensive compared to many others places which propose the same service.

Comfortable, luminous, and the boiler, the iron, plus the hair dryer. In all hotels but not in every guest house. Nice staff ! Not so far from Ascot center town

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Bed was very comfortable, room really spacious and clean, gorgeous bathroom, and the customer service was brilliant, the manager is so nice and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we were only disappointed we'd booked to stay one night only as would have liked to stay longer.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Got into knots when changing the booking on booking.com and caused confusion for the owners.A little expensive, but then it was convenient for our needs. We had a family function nearby.

Breakfast very good. Coffee making facilities and iron and ironing board very useful. A home from home. Also loved the garden. You could sit outside (the weather was suitable).Owners very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The carpet was dirty, it looked like muddy shoe prints everywhere and was very obvious on a Cream carpet. The bed pillows were not that comfortable.

The bed was comfy although not very large for a double. Bathroom was very nice and shower was relaxing.

Very good service and nice persons ! The breakfast was very good and the view very nice on the garden

All good

Nice quiet room. Location suited my needs

Very friendly welcome and personal service.

Convenient

Room spottlessly clean and very comforatable. Staff friendly and helpful. Great breakfast!

Excellent quality breakfast.

Shower and lights in room need a bit of attention

Great welcome, easy parking, good location for central Bracknell and the surrounds

Ok for price

Did not have breakfast as I considered it should be include at this room rate

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Breakfast was out of our price range

Comfortable and clean, nice decor and helpful owner

Lovely room, breakfast area and garden. Just right for a business trip.

• Small Single Room

Not applicable. Nothing not to like.

Excellent breakfast and very accommodating host.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Omelettes for breakfast were beautiful.

Really lovely clean and modern room. Very comfortable bed. Fantastic breakfast.

Bed

Friendly and helpful staff

Shower in room was lukewarm despite temp dial set to max

Room was warm and cosy and was nicely furnished. Good decor.

Excellent choice of food

The drainage system in one of the showers was slow.

The family room is excellent, it was like home from home setting.

Nice friendly hotel, Nice room

Its primarily for builders breakfast was 7.30 till 8.30. Which also meant they were wuit noisy

Good parking nice and clean

Lovely hotel great value for money very clean

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Breakfast slightly expensive for what it was! However was all cooked fresh to order!

John the owner/manager very friendly and accommodating.

The shower didn't drain away why taking a shower so had to stand in 3 inches of water every night

I could park my van,and was clean

Booking in was slightly a problem. Couldn't find our booking at first.

Bathroom a bit small slow water flow in shower

Bed very comfortable and excellent breakfast

Excellent (Full English) breakfast. Had the choice of three rooms.

Very friendly, nothing too much trouble.

• Small Single Room

Room was quite lovely

Clean rooms and comfy beds, lovely garden. Easy car park and few min walk to pub where you can eat. Highly recommend this place

Everything was great. Awesome and friendly staff. Great for stays during business trips.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The room description did not reflect that which was described on the booking.com website.

The staff were friendly

Very welcome hotel owner! Comfortable bed. Beautiful garden with places to rest. USB phone chargers present in the room. Good Wi-Fi.

Room layout was a little awkward

Great Breakfast with lots of choice and nice view out to the garden