Reviews of Ewenny Farm Guest House This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

St Brides Road Ewenny, Bridgend, CF35 5AX, United Kingdom

#2 of 14 hotels in Bridgend

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Howard was so friendly and made us feel at home from the...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Howard was so friendly and made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. The room was spotless with a brand new shower. There is plenty of parking and it is close to lots of lovely places to eat in bridgend and towards ogmore by sea. Breaky was lovely and a great start to the day. Highly recommend!

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Room was lovely and cool despite the extreme hot weather. Very enjoyable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only small gripe was the shower curtain which was much too long for the height of the rail. Very easy to stand on the curtain or for it to block the drain. Just needed a trim along the bottom. As the cubicle is a "single" size, it was a bit of a nuisance; but not a major problem.

very friendly host. The room was spotless; with fresh towels every day and copious supply of tea/coffee; biscuits etc. Good cooked breakfast and choice. We will definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Bathroom unacceptable !
    • Deluxe Double Room

Our "Deluxe" Double Room was far from Deluxe: - since the bathroom door, toilet and sink are all situated within one square yard, the door turns against the toilet and there isno space to move in any direction; flushing the toilet produces so much noise, that you can't flush it at night; with the very weak lighting forget shaving or any other detailed face care. - the night lamp was not working and half of the the inside door handle fell to the ground - the fridge was not on, it was closed and smelly.

The people serving breakfast did a very good job and breakfast was excellent. The bed was good, but a bit crammed. The shower was good.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

Quiet and comfy

Slightly grumpy response when we asked for late check in due to travel delays - although reception on arrival was welcoming

Room and bed comfy and spacious, and very quiet despite main road location

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Great B&B.

Very clean room and very comfortable. The television and WiFi worked superbly and everything was executed very well. The owner was extremely friendly and welcoming and the breakfast quality superb. There really was no downside to staying here.

The location was beautiful, a short run from the coast and with some good pubs close by.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Exceptional value in a wonderful setting
    • Single Room with Bath

Nothing to fault. Lovely stay. Thanks Howard.

The room was very comfortable, an excellent mattress made for a wonderful sleep. Apparently they have those in all the rooms. Wow! And the bedding was all cotton - how rare is that? Fabulous. All very clean and comfortable with a wonderful view to the river. Breakfast was very good, freshly cooked to order but I didn't have long to wait. The owner Howard is really great, very personable, good humour and very informed about the local area. Most of the people staying had stayed before - and no wonder.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Loved it. B&B perfect. Cardiff lovely place. So peaceful and calming. Defo stay again

Everything perfect

Beautiful room. Stunning view In morning. Lovely man who owns the place. Yummy breakfast. Everything spot on. Best B&B ever. Highly recommended. X

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Lovely location and well-appointed accommodation
    • Deluxe Double Room

Because we were late and required dinner, we were directed to The Water Mill. The meal there was very disappointing. If we had more time we would go elsewhere next time.

Nothing was any trouble for our host. We arrived late and were quickly taken to our room. Breakfast requests met although the scrambled eggs not as soft as my husband likes - a minor point. Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Comfortable
    • Single Room with Bath

Only fault was that there were no plugs next to the bed and no door on the bedroom so I kept waking up thinking someone might come through the fire door in the hall.

There was a friendly welcome and the bed was lovely and comfy with great amenities in the room. Good location and good value.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Very clean, comfortable spacious room, easy parking,...
    • Single Room with Bath

No shower in room but had mixer tap over bath so was ok.

Very clean, comfortable spacious room, easy parking, pleasant location and great breakfast cooked by friendly host. Would stay again and recommend to others.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Best guest house it's beautiful
    • Single Room with Bath

There isn't anything I didn't like about it it's beautiful

I loved this guest house it's beautiful it's spotless the rooms are warm I can't say enough about it it's easy the best guest house iv ever stayed in and the guy who owns it is one of the nicest guy iv met definitely using this place if I'm lucky to get in thanks for two nice stays and the breakfast it's the best iv had

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Great location, affordable price, good bed and shower, excellent cooked breakfast, friendly staff.
    • Single Room with Bath

A minor point - A better hair dryer and a plug socket close to the mirror, mirror opposite the bed, would make getting ready easier.

Scenic area, a beautiful beach near by. Friendly greeting from host Howard. Soft towels. I will likely stay there again next time I’m in South Wales.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Poor. Bad experience.

Early check in they didn't expect us even though we had an email confirmation as we were going to a wedding. From the main check in at the house walking to the guest rooms it was very dangerous and slippery as a river of rain water goes down the steps to the accommodation. Outside the room was a large double mattress just leaning against the wall outside our room door, it kept falling over as you walked past. Breakfast was terrible and a long hair found in my full fry. The quality of the food products like the sausages and bacon were poor quality. After we had finished breakfast, when we went back to the two rooms there was a hoover and cable dangerously positioned in the middle of the hallway, the floors in the bathrooms had been mopped, I slipped and nearly fell. Our personal belongings had been moved around and the room bedding and towels had been changed. Strange. It was like we were being rushed out of the place. The two East European staff we came across were miserable and unfriendly On check out the owner said, "Oh you are checked in for two nights not one! My manager will be upset!" We had booked two rooms for one night as per my booking. Strange and awkward after his comments. We had paid £172 for two rooms and definitely not worth that for our experience there.

Room and bed comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Superb place to stay, excellent price. Highly recommend

That we only stayed the one night, we will be going back here. A real pleasure

Immaculately clean, very comfortable, superb welcoming owner (Howard). Excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: September 15, 2017

Relaxing
    • Deluxe Double Room

The only pitfall for me was that I had requested Gluten Free Bread for breakfast toast and there wasn't really any alternative on the breakfast menu that was GF

This was a lovely place to stay; great relaxing environment and withing walking distance of Bridgend. We loved the bathroom setup and that it was isolated enough to have the window open - and, for that matter, that it had a window that opened! The proprietor was very pleasant and informative about what was around the area

• Reviewed: September 8, 2017

A perfect place to rest, feel comfortible and get well looked after! Lovely family owners!
    • Single Room with Bath

To be fair I knew that the room didn't have a proper shower when booking it, but that's just me... literally everything else was fantastic!

Really lovely house! Lovely surroundings! Lovely people! Lovely room! GREAT WIFI! AMAZING BREAKFAST! GREAT LOCAL PUBS!

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

nice quiet location

the location was lovely, only 10 minutes away from the main shopping area but set in a lovely part of the countryside. The bedroom was spacious with a lovely view. Breakfast was really good with fresh local produce. A nice pub about a mile just down the road that was very family friendly and served good food. We booked in to go to a wedding at St. Donat's Castle but want to go back to stay again and look around the area

• Reviewed: August 30, 2017

A wonderful B&B which we would thoroughly recommend
    • Deluxe Double Room

A lovely B&B with beautiful country views from our window. Our room had a lovely comfy armchair and footrest which was a real bonus to relax in of an evening. Felt just like home.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

we booked because we were going to 2 weddings, with a day...

We parked by our room but I did find the steps down from the carpark a bit steep with luggage to haul. I'm sure Howard would have helped if we had asked. My mistake because Howard did ask if all was well.

we booked because we were going to 2 weddings, with a day between each. The room was just right, with plenty of mirrors for checking and makeup. The lovely big window let in loads of light and we could also watch the wildlife. We were able to relax in our room and make tea or coffee when we wanted and the little fridge was just big enough for the fruit etc that we took. The bed was softish but so comfortable. The house keeping ladies were very discrete and fast, making up the room each morning whilst we were at breakfast. Clean towels and refreshed room was just lovely. Howard is a lovely man, chatty and friendly. He was the chef. I had either cereals (lots of choice) or scrambled eggs on toast but my husband had his daily cooked breakfast, all very good. Howard was easy-going and didn't mind us taking our time over coffee, we were always last out. All that resulted in a totally relaxed 4 days away.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Lovely stay. Ideal for our needs

Road could be a little noisy, but we did have our windows open.

Really comfy, huge bed, great setting, and a really tasty breakfast. Howard and his girls were great. Ideally situated for visited the coastal areas.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

The room was lovely looking out to a large lawn.

The room was lovely looking out to a large lawn. Very quite, spacious and comfortable rooms. The staff was very friendly and was also very helpful with giving advice on what do see and do in the area.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

The standard to which all guest houses should be measured...!
    • Single Room with Bath

Nothing to dislike about my stay

From the moment we arrived the proprietor, Howard, made us feel most welcome and made sure that everything was in order (including the WiFi!) He was very helpful in directing us to the nearest local! The room was exceptionally comfortable and clean. Shower gel and soap was provided and the shower was invigorating. The huge bed was an absolute treat. Freeview TV is provided and Howard's breakfasts are divine. Finally, the view from the bedroom window with a running stream was picturesque and tranquil. Located in a quiet part of Bridgend, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend staying here!

• Reviewed: July 18, 2017

Pleasant. Comfortable stay. Would book again if in the area.

The rain in Wales! Even Howard cant fix that!

Howard was a very nice chap and can cook a very good English breakfast! Very powerful shower which was good.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

Dissapointing stay

Breakfast was very average, no real coffee offered, although we could smell it being made for staff. Bathroom looked clean, but smell went right through the room, difficult to sleep with the smell.

The bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Super place to stay
    • Single Room with Bath

Very friendly welcoming, lovely room and comfortable bed with towels refreshed each day and bed made. Great powerful shower with ability to get temperature just how you like it.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

A simply wonderful place to stay :)

I rarely feel moved enough to leave a review for the places I stay on business, but I'll gladly make an exception for Ewenny Farm Guest House, such was the outstanding level of service and value for money I received. My room was impeccably furnished, the bed incredibly comfy and the breakfast in the morning was sensational; poached eggs and locally sourced bacon cooked to perfection by the owner Howard, for whom nothing was too much trouble. My room had a fridge, ensuite shower-room, free wifi and a tea tray but most importantly I slept like a log for 8 hours, which when you're away on business is really important. I drove off in the morning with a smile on my face. I will be booking this place again in the future, without a doubt. Howard - thanks ever so much! :)

• Reviewed: May 24, 2017

Awesome Out of the Way Destination
    • Deluxe Double Room

Delightful host, great breakfast - made to order. Clean, neat and contemporary feel. Lovely area with many nice restaurants nearby and only a few miles from the beach with awesome views and some great hiking trails. Many beautiful castle ruins nearby to explore, too. We were there three days and I wish we could have stayed at least three more. It's a perfect base for day trips and we enjoyed a fun atmosphere at the B&B which led to meeting other guests and some fun breakfast conversations.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

Good breakfast.

Curtain rings broken so the curtains were hanging off the rail. New light bulb required in bathroom. Shower hose leaking where it joins the shower head. All very minor and could be easily fixed.

Good breakfast. Clean room. Good pub just down the road for dinner - The Watermill. Close to Ogmore beach.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2017

Perfect stay
    • Single Room with Bath

There was nothing not to like. No complaints from me

The staff were very polite and helpful and gave me a friendly welcoming. The facilities were great . It was clean and when I got back to my room after a day out it was as if I just got there it was tidied during the day so I had a nice room to get back to

• Reviewed: April 20, 2017

Wonderful experience

Found the memory foam bed to hot for us.

Bedroom extremely spacious with a generous king size bed. Marvellous views of the garden, with river running along the bottom. Excellent breakfast, locally sourced. Howard was very welcoming and a wonderful host. Ideally situated for access to local areas of interest. Would definitely return.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2017

A very comfortable guest house, the owner is a great host.

There was nothing that we didn't like.

From the moment we were welcomed by name and shown to our room by the owner we could not fault our stay, we were grateful for the kind attention given after our long journey. The room was of a hotel standard, the bed super king size with our view over looking the river and fields it was peaceful and relaxing, never intrusive just perfect.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2017

I recommend it
    • Single Room with Bath

The room was brilliant​. Very clean. A big comfortable bed. Is all you need after a full day at work. The good breakfast is cooked by the owner with quality ingredients. Is the perfect place to stay for a pleasure trip or a business trip. Amazing!

• Reviewed: February 14, 2017

Excellent stay!

Bedboard in bedroom 3 loose, but I did forget to tell the owner.

Wonderful location excellent bedrooms clean and modern. Breakfast was wonderful with a great range. Felt welcomed immediately!

• Reviewed: December 5, 2016

Weekend visit to family.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing to complain about.

Howard was a very friendly host. The breakfast choice was excellent. The room was large, airy and clean. The area was peaceful and it was lovely to sit and watch the birds outside. We will be back.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2016

A haven of peace

Welcome and care Kindness in accommodating particular needs in having to return very late at night Lovely room & great bed Fantastic setting Luxury breakfast

• Reviewed: November 21, 2016

It's a very nice place to stay.
    • Single Room with Bath

It's a very nice place to stay. I was in the area for a business trip. It's a quiet place to rest after a busy day at word. Big room, very warm. I will came back here for sure. I really liked the place.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2016

Lovely comfortable stay
    • Single Room with Bath

Howard is lovely and really friendly. Parking and Wifi. Comfy bed, large room, tea and coffee, ensuite with bath, I had a really comfortable stay. Nice breakfast with filter coffee.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2016

How lovely

I was going to write a long script about how lovely and friendly this place is but it looks as if everyone before me has beaten me to it. They obviously loved it as much as i did. Looked as if it was miles away from anywhere but there is a lot within a 15 minute drive up to Bridgend. Decent restaurant pub less than a mile away. Ogmore beach ( never heard of it ) about 10 minutes away. Wondered about booking a guest house as i am used to hotels but pleased i did. Lovely room, comfy extra large bed and clean bathroom / shower.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2016

Wonderful gem

Liked all

The owner... Friendly, down to earth. Quiet. Close to a marvelous beach. Last full breakfast was overflowing the plate. Owner provided me with a two ton jack for a flat tire. Rental car company must of forgot one.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2016

Clean, comfortable, welcoming.

Nothing! It was all very good.

Very warm welcome. The proprietor was very accommodating. Very clean room/bathroom. Super comfortable king size bed. The breakfast was home cooked and delicious.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2016

Comfortable accommodation in good location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Maybe a good reading light might be useful.

Pleasant host. Not far from beach. Plenty of leaflets on places to visit in and around the area. Good breakfast. Tea, coffee and biscuits and a comfortable chair in the bedroom.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2016

Shall certainly return to this accommodation.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Shower facilities. Just hand shower attached to bath. Other rooms had showers but were not available. Did request a shower in room but message did not get through to them. Very apologetic.

Homely feeling. Excellent breakfast and service.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

A lovely peaceful setting for a relaxing stay and the...
    • Single Room with Bath

A lovely peaceful setting for a relaxing stay and the breakfast was great!

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Excellent service x

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Fabulous
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lovely breakfast and lovely comfortable bed

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

The hospitality, the location, the lovely surrounding area...
    • Single Room with Bath

The hospitality, the location, the lovely surrounding area and the breakfast

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Nothing I didn’t like.

Location. Parking. Food was lovely. Host very attentive.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

The owner and staff were very friendly and accommodating.

The owner and staff were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were of a reasonable size with good comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Shower curtain too long

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

its was pleasant staff very welcome but missing a few basics

could have more choice for breakfast no fans in rooms

nice quiet area

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Friendly staff ,and great location

Friendly staff ,and great location

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Short but very sweet

The room had a lovely view and the bed was so comfortable. Plenty of coffee, milk etc in the room and the staff were lovely.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Comfortable room, friendly experienced host. Good pub food nearby
    • Single Room with Bath

Nothing really. I enjoyed my stay here!

Lovely big room space which felt very comfortable. Friendly host, good breakfast

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

A lovely breakfast.

A lovely breakfast. Very tasty.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

The owner - Howard, was very pleasant and accommodating from...

The owner - Howard, was very pleasant and accommodating from the moment we arrived and nothing was too much to ask.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Modern, quiet and cozy.

No ironing facilities available to guests.

Friendly and helpful host.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Very good location near to Cardiff and peaceful with a very...

Nothing property was amazing, good location very quiet, lovely breakfast

Very good location near to Cardiff and peaceful with a very good breakfast

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Outstanding Short Stay Accommodation

Nothing of note.

Very comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price with an excellent cooked breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Lovely place in the country.
    • Luxury Double Room

Great host, very welcoming. Fabulous location and great breakfast.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Great location and excellent standard for a B&B. Really good value for money.

The bathroom was basic compared to the high standard of finish in the bedroom.

The bed was great and the shower was warm and powerful.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Would recommend this place
    • Single Room with Bath

Great place to stay a warm welcome for a single person , clean , nice spacious room , great views

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

The perfect spot for a relaxing short stay in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Very warm welcome from Howard there. We enjoy our short stay.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

Very nice place
    • Single Room with Bath

The room was very hot but comfortable in every other way

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Friendly welcome

Friendly welcome

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Happy customer

Very nice, well decorated country bnb

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

Excellent place to stay ideally located

• Reviewed: December 7, 2017

NIce place to stay, Love to go back .
    • Single Room with Bath

Excellent county side view and nice and quite friendly staff.

NIce place to stay, Love to go back .

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Clean, comfortable, polite staff

No Ironing and laundry facility

Clean, comfortable, polite staff

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Perfect!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Owner really friendly, beautiful accommodation, would not hesitate to recommend.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

We would stay at this property again

The owner made every effort to ensure our stay was an enjoyable one. The breakfast was very good and special dietary needs were catered for.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Ewenny Farm Guest House- a great place to stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Clean, modern, well- appointed, lovely view. Howard was welcoming, helpful and kind.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Excellent accommodation in exactly the right location.

Excellent accommodation in exactly the right location. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2017

OK stay for short visit.

Being disturbed at 9.40am to be reminded that check-out time was 10am.

Convenient location

• Reviewed: September 8, 2017

Faultless

Very clean, big comfy rooms. Good shower. Quiet. Breakfast was spot on. Nothing to be improved soon. Very friendly owners.