Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74, Jct 5 3 stars

Country Park, Hamilton Road, Motherwell, ML1 3RB, United Kingdom

#6 of 12 hotels in Motherwell

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

A little disappointed with the food on offer both at the bar and for breakfast. As a vegan all I could have was toast and jam and black coffee. There were fruits too though. The hotel is in need of a little modernisation.

The welcome at Reception was very friendly and I sensed they cared about the hotel and it's guests.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Internet connection pretty poor, kept cutting from the wifi router.

Hotel is well situated for access to motorway, but sufficiently back to be bothered by traffic. Plenty of parking. Rooms comfortable with good bed. Nice to have tea and coffee making facilities in room. Good breakfast.

• Double Room - Disability Access

The hotel was noisy room was situated above an outdoor smoking area so people below window talking late into evening. Noise from rooms was easily heard. At 125 per night have had better, breakfast buffet was bland and tasteless. It just felt if all items being offered were as cheap as could be sourced

location to motorway

Having to locate a member of staff at reception to check out of hotel in the morning.Found staff members were assisting with breakfast at the time. Also on returning to hotel following an evening out discovered we were unable to access our room using card issued,and when this was followed up at reception discovered that although we had already checked into above room earlier where all our belongings were,that it was apparently assigned to someone else???On further discussion with reception and a phonecall made to room to ensure no one was actually in the room we were thereafter assigned another card which allowed access.

Room was comfortable and clean.Although location of hotel close to road traffic,windows adequately reduced noise level,ensuring a good nights sleep.

We stayed in a twin room with two single beds. The mattress was springy and not firm enough for my back but bearable for one night.

The room was very clean and in good condition. Hotel was quiet and in a great location to get on the motorway. Good breakfast with plenty of choice.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Rooms need air conditioning in hot weather, we had to borrow a fan from reception and leave it running all night or it would have been too uncomfortably hot to sleep. Bed not fixed in position so would easily slide away from headboard when sitting up to read for example.

Breakfast included and very tasty. 4 hot items and all the usual cold things. Plenty of free parking with an additional rear entrance to the hotel. Good location.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

staff friendly - even when they were descended on by 15 people checking in at once just as i arrived haha room good - place was quiet even though its just off the motorway buffet breakfast good

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Great location on Strathclyde Park. Comfy, clean room with sofa bed that is a double. Nice plentiful breakfast choice, friendly staff, easy check in-check out.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Needed a repaint, dirty walls, scuff marks on walls, not enough power points. shower head not good, only 1 toaster for 50 diners in the restaurant. They ran out of fresh fruit. Generally it seemed owner was cutting lots of corners.

Bed was ok. Tv was ok. Location was good. Plenty of secure parking. Despite being next to motorway the room was quiet.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Couldn’t complain about any of the hotel

Staff where a credit to the management, got an early check in and asked if we wanted breakfast front desk staff couldn’t of been anymore helpful which makes a difference

• Double Room - Disability Access

Booking.com gives the option of paying cash at the hotel so i withdrawn the money when i got there and at the desk they said they didnt accept cash. Something for the hotel to alert booking.com with i guess.

Breakfast was very nice. Bed was very comfy and very spacious room.

Only complaint i would have was the beds were quiet soft

The location of the hotel was perfect as close to the rowing regatta we were attending. Check in was hassle free as we were arriving with a large group. Also staff were very friendly and helpful

• Double Room - Disability Access

Initially ignored by receptionist though subsequent staff on the desk much friendlier and helpful.

Convenient location, large room, excellent breakfast. It is what it is - a pleasant enough place to stay for a night or so when travelling.

Very clean,staff really pleasant nothing too much trouble.Comfortable bed.For a budget hotel it couldn't have been better.Excellent breakfast.Easy access off M74.Impressive all round.Definitely go again.

Staff not particularly interested. No restaurant though one nearby though food not too great and did not have a late closing time.

Had problems finding hotel as came off the motorway too soon. Probably our fault. Breakfast was good. Room comfortable.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

A random gentleman allowing himself to enter our room unexpectedly with a key card. This could have been a highly awkward situation had I not dived into the bathroom. I’m sure the hotel can appreciate this should NEVER happen to a guest.

It was close to the sporting event I was attending.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

I had booked a double room with sofa bed on booking .com got to the hotel and checked in and my room was two single beds no double bed when I question management they said booking .com had allocated any room when I booked when my booking clearly said double and the manager then replied sorry we have no doubles available so I was in a twin room for the night

• Double Room - Disability Access

The beds were very comfy, plenty of space in the room and the complimentary breakfast was ideal. As it was right next to the Toby carvery, and a McDonald’s down the road, lots of easy to get to places. Facilities were outstanding.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

I love the Holidsy Inns in and around Glasgow. You always know you will get a good clean room. Staff were amazing and the buffet breakfast a treat! Look forward to returning soon.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Disappointed that on a cold night the heating in the room had not been switched on. Size of the heating in relation to the room resulted in a long time before being comfortable.

Convenient location and value for money. Breakfast being included was good. Staff were friendly and welcoming.

we were allowed an early check in free of charge. we travelled in a party of 15 adults and most of us had our rooms at 8.30 am. great breakfast all in the room price... well done holiday inn express, thanks again.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

food in the Toby was stingy ( not a lot of meat on the plate ) the Chef cut it with a laser, when we have gone to them in the past they are usually a lot more generous , My husband or my son couldn't eat the food in the restaurant , its a bit like a cattle market everyone trying to get in to eat , the bacon looked disgusting with white sloppy fat on it!

great location for our party , Satnav took us on a detour, but that's due to the new road I think bed was very comfy

Above statement

It was overally good except for when we once asked staff for milk to put in our tea and they seemed reluctant and withdrawn but gave us after telling us breakfast time was over. understandably but a drop of milk is not the same as asking for a full buffet

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

poor service in the evening to get a meal the one night i tried, gave up and went elsewhere

bed very comfy, breakfast perfectly adequate, reception staff fine, ideally situated for me.

• Double Room - Disability Access

The shower head could be given a bit more height as It was found to be a bit low to get showered.

Location was very convenient for us as it was close to the M74.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Traffic noise was more than expected. Room had a smoke alarm had an annoying strobe light positioned over the bed. It made it difficult to get to sleep.

Staff were great Breakfast was great. Toby carvery next door was great food and great value.

Walking out for food was a little tricky due to the fast roads surrounding the hotel but if you drive its not a problem

It was reasonably priced and close to our workplace

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

The walls were paper thin. We could hear other guests conversations which implies they could here us so we found ourselves whispering which wasn't relaxing. Check out is at 12pm but you could hear the maids outside from much earlier. The pricing on booking.com various quite a bit on these rooms. We've had the same room for £50 and 1 week later it was £75. What justified this £25 increase?

The Location and Parking were really good. Nice spacious lobby. The décor was good. The shower was good. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was very good. Great value for money.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Could hear people in next room better sound proofing and lack off reception staff as doing other jobs like clearing tables to compensate no waiting staff at breakfast....also bit uncomfortable to come out off room to see a memeber off staff crying and other staff consoling her..we bit of privacy or break would have been more approriate for the lady...

Comfortable and cheap with good breakfast staff were lovely and friendly.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast although good selection a potato option would be much appreciated

Staff very accommodating, had some rowdy children in corridor at 11pm they dealt with wonderfully. Room plenty big enough for the both of us.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Very well situated for travelling south east or even going into Glasgow. Staff are always very attentive cleanliness to a high standard plenty room for parking. Very good value

As a light sleeper I asked for a different room, away from the motorway side of the hotel, and was easily accommodated. Breakfast quite good, though missed tomato and mushrooms (bacon, egg, sausage and beans seem to be standard in the morning).

A good stop-over for people on the move -- the clue is in some respects in the name ('Express'). Close to the M74, so good for starting out to all sorts of places round the southern Scottish compass. Good parking, clean room.

Good afternoon, I'm emailing you regarding unexpected charges on my card after staying at Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde. I already told receptionist at the time of me checking out on Mon 4th that I was querying the bar charges he put on my bill as I paid upfront for everything during our stay. I then seen further charges to my card totaling €84.29 I called your hotel on Sunday 10th to query and spoke with a girl (I think her name was Andrea) and told her the issue, she was to check it out and come back to me by Monday morning, I haven't heard anything back and no money has been put back into my account. Please see below the details of my query and revert asap, Kim Sarah Launders Checked in Saturday 2/12 - checked out Mon 4/12 Visa Debit Card ending with: 5952 Saturday Night 2/12 @ 11pm we ordered a round of drinks on my partners card (he lives in Scotland I dont) and was advised by Heather that you cannot accept any further cash sales behind the bar after 11pm. So she suggested putting £30 on credit on my partners card. Explaining that whatever we order will come off his card up to £30 and the balance of the £30 would not be touched if not used. Upon the phone call the girl advised that you charged all of this to the room and to my card. Was this taken from my account on top of my partners card taken at the time? AS NO CREDIT WAS NEEDED throughout our whole stay so should not have been billed later. Please check this out and if you have already taken from my partners card given at time of sale then return the money to my card (assigned to the room 221) asap as I'd imagine this is fraudulent. If you havent taken from the card given at time of sale please go ahead and do so as advised and still return the amount to my card as not agreed. Monday 4/12 @ approx 1.

The reception staff were never around when needed and especially at check out time. Also male member of night staff seemed like everything was a bother.

The location was great. The breakfast was good and plenty of it. The majority of the staff were friendly.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Rooms although clean were very tired and in need of updating. More a working men's stopover than a hotel. Feel anyone expecting a "hotel" experience is going to be sorely disappointed.

Ease of parking

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

nothing to dislike after all it is our preferred stop over when we are en route from the North of Scotland to the Westcountry (if it`s not booked up already as it is a very popular hotel

everything was just perfect for us, excellent service from the courteous staff, and nothing seemed to be any bother, we would definitely recommend to all our friends and family

Cooked breakfast was a bit bland with being in Scotland you would expect a Scottish breakfast i.e. Square sausage

All was ok staff were friendly quiet location overall generally good

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

A bit "generic", our curtains let a lot of light through so hard to stay slept. Also the radiators silly - presumably white meter. Silly location - right under a cold window. Also feast or famine - too hot or too cold - no inbetween

It is inexpensive, easy to find, awesome breakfast

• Double Room - Disability Access

Drink was very expensive.

Loved this hotel very clean. Room very big n bed n pillows very comfortable. Brilliant value for money n will be back soon. The breakfast was a excellent bonus. X

• Double Room - Disability Access

Room was cold and bathroom as well,put me off using shower. Breakfast selection could have been more. Scrambled eggs,bacon,links and beans only hot options

Bed comfy,room spacious,

Furnishings a bit dated and place needs an uplift. Not the best value for money when compared to other places i stayed during my trip of the UK.

Comfortable bed and decent breakfast.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Lots of Chinese tourists who were cooking noodles in their bedrooms with doors open and the whole place stank! We complained to the staff who knew this (apparently cook in the kettles and ruin them) but did nothing!

Stayed here before and always been good.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Would have liked more than one plug socket as we wanted to charge our phones etc and to use hair straighteners all at the same time rather than one at a time, as we only spent time in the room in the late evening.

Lovely hot breakfast with option of continental too. Ideally situated on the edge of the park. Comfortable spacious room.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

The fact that is was only sausage and scrambled egg and not a full breakfast in stead other wise am happy with everything else

Good staff, making others welcome. I would consider to go back.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Lighting in room is little dingy. Fruit juice at breakfast was awful (like water with flavouring)

Room comfortable. Plenty of parking even if hotel appeared to be pretty full. Breakfast on whole was good with reasonable choice. Bar stayed open late despite late arrival.

Out of date Gluten Free Corn Flakes management informed. Room too hot and if windows opened too noisy from traffic on the M74 Motorway.

Excellent location and disabled parking next to the entrance, room spacious and comfortable, although too hot and if windows opened too noisy. Problem with out of date Gluten Free corn Flakes management informed.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Bed wasn't the comfiest, shower was mediocre and felt the room was in need of revamp and although the choice of breakfast was very good the bacon was vile.

Good variety of food for breakfast included in with the price for the room instead of being charged extra.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Everything was fine for this stay!no complaints!

Everything was perfect the staff lovely& helpful! The lady's that do the rooms where brilliant sometimes they don't get enough praise!

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Room walls are thin so you hear everything from all rooms around. We also had noisy guests that shouted in the hallway at 7:30 in the morning. Ventilation in the bathroom was a passive vent and didn't clear the shower mist. Breakfast was quite a selection, but the scrambled eggs were powdered or liquid and terrible.

Nice and clean hotel. Good location for M&D's and the motorways. A carvery is next door.

no complaints at all

We would always choose this hotel when in the area as I know as a coeliac it's safe to have my gluten free breakfast, the restaurant manager is so helpful, and this time was no exception, she told me of the breakfast changes coming, and feel very safe to eat here. Bed and pillows very comfortable, such good value for the price.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

No bacon at breakfast and scrambled eggs were like baby food!

The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean with good parking. I would happily stay their again.

• Double Room - Disability Access

More hot selection at breakfast( hot plates would have been a start) Better coffee.

Basic hotel ,which for us, was just what we needed for the night.Staff were excellent ,very friendly and helpful.Breakfast was poor,not enough on hot selection and only basic instant coffee.

Coffee poor. An extra lift would have helped at busy times.

Bed comfortable and room décor good. Handy to have restaurant next door. Very close to motorway. Continental breakfast good.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Bathroom was too small. Water pressure in shower was very low.Lighting in room was not upto par.No closet in room

The staff were very friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was limited in choice and somewhat impersonal.

The location was useful for visiting relatives and the park is very pleasant to walk around.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The noise from the coach tour that left early without any consideration to other guests. Doors banging, noisy chatting. Not the hotel's fault but perhaps coach tours could be requested to take into consideration other guests who may be sleeping.

Bed really comfortable, good selection for breakfast.

Breakfast area and self service was a bit chaotic. Reception staff pulled into help clearing breakfast dishes left desk unmanned and there was quite a few tables which were left uncleared for good 30 mins limiting choice for other diners.

Reception staff were very helpful

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hot breakfast selection could be better.

Quick & easy check in. Large, spacious room. Clean. Comfy bed. Close to Alona Hotel where party was located.

Need ironing facilities

Room ok, breakfast ok, location excellent, staff helpful. Satnav doesn't pick up the roads with latest update, this will settle over time. Easy to miss junction or road then go on a 2-4 miles excursion

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Booking a double room then getting a twin room Near motorway you would think the windows would be more sound proof but you could hear the noise even with windows closed

• Standard Double or Twin Room

On arrival receptionist totally ignored me then walked away from desk, still not a word. Came back carried on with computer, still nothing. Eventually checked in not at all friendly or welcoming. Given a twin room after requesting a double at booking. Called to be told that it would be allocated at bookin and they had no doubles, no apology.

Location easy to find and close to main link roads. Parking close to hotel and plenty of places. Next to Toby Carvery. Food good, prices amazing.

Arrived few hours before 3pm check in,room was ready so got in earlier.Room clean and had what we needed for our stay,beds extra comfy.Breakfast was basic but enough to start you off for the day.Location good as just off motorway.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Would not recommend eating at the Toby Carvery (NOT part of Holiday Inn) next door - aweful food, terrible service.

Great value for money compared to similar grade hotels - recommended. Good location just off M74 before Glasgow. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and had a comfortable bed. Good breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We stayed at this hotel on a stopover to the Highlands. Loved the convenience. Staff very welcoming. Breakfast great. Warm pastries. Limited cooked items but that wasn't a problem. Great room, clean and fresh. Everything we needed for a welcome stopover. Great value for money.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no hot water and the dribble that came through was accompanied by a horrendous gurgleing, obviously caused by an air lock in the system.

Staff very pleasant.

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Although other younger guests disrupred our sleep the staff dealt with the issue in a professional manner and were very apologetic which makes a big difference

Welcoming staff clean and spotless rooms great location for walks etc just of the motorway

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Can't think of anything that could be better. It was a great stop off for a night.

Great breakfast, with sausages, egg, beans, croissants, cereal and toast. The staff were keen to help and provided everything that we needed. The room was clean and quiet. Great location next to a lake for a morning walk.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Would have liked a fried egg and hash browns. Hard to find with new road needs a bigger sign.......loud inconsiderate coach travellers

Yes good all round

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

I didn't like the noise of the cars outside nothing the hotel could do about this as it's strathclyde park

I loved the beds! The mattress is so comfy best nights sleep in a long time

• Standard Double or Twin Room

nothing. I was travelling with my elderly mother and she was very happy with her stay and the staff helping her.

every thing was clean and tidy hot very good selection,staff very helpful and friendly

• Standard Double or Twin Room

our room was not cleaned.... we even asked at reception and still not cleaned no fresh towels. we booked for 2 nights but on the system it only came up as 1... and also we asked for a double bed but they gave us 2 single beds which was ridiculous.

the breakfats

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No self service launderette in the hotel. We travelled to New Zealand recently and the Holiday inn hotels have them. It helped us a lot as we travelled for two weeks there.

It was conveniently located but the on going roadworks at the junction caused confusion to our Sat Nav .

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was inclusive and was pretty poor. Staff could have been more friendly as a little sullen.

Modern decor, spacious bright bedroom. Comfortable stay and a nice suntrap to sit out with lovely greenery.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very limited number of 3 Pin Wall Sockets in the Room. Between the Bedroom and Ensuite is a 1 inch step!! To me this is a trip hazard. I'm guessing this is the same in all the rooms. Clearly a poor design!!

Good Breakfast. Hotel close to M74 Motorway (no Road noise). Large Car Park.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Double Room - Disability Access

We arrived one hour late due to massive road works outside the hotel. There were no sign posts to give a diversion, eventually we had to stop and ask a dog walker because on calling the reception they went to transfer the call and disconnected it. When trying to call again there was no answer. On arriving at the hotel we were told that where was no hot water for a shower and we would have to walk along the corridor to another room for a shower, when booking a shower it was so busy we never got a space and left the next day.