Reviews of Flemings Mayfair 5 stars

Half Moon Street, Westminster Borough, London, W1J 7BH, United Kingdom

#194 of 977 hotels in London

• Classic Double Room

The double room I was given (Room 220) was the tiniest one I've ever had in that neighbourhood. Luckily I was on my own, otherwise, two people couldn't have gone from side of the room to the other via the gap from the end of the bed! The May Fair Hotel (a couple of streets away) have decent -sized rooms. Room 220 also didn't even have a chair - only a tiny stool under the desk. Surely, a small easy chair could have been put in the tiny corner past the bed.

Safe neighbourhood. Welcoming staff both at Check-in and Check-out.

• Classic Double Room

For the price we paid and it's ratings we would have expected Turn down, Water stain on carpet near radiator not acceptable.

The decor, Afternoon tea was lovely. The staff smartly dressed. Very good tea and coffee amenities available. Staff were pleasant too.

• Classic Double Room

It was a little difficult navigating the hotel at first

Excellent rooms equipped with all modern ammenities; quite spacious by London standards. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Unfortunately, the deluxe double room was very small and really negated the overall positive stay! With two people and two travel bags on the floor (nowhere else for them) walking around the bed without tripping was difficult.

Excellent location, general ambience - very nicely presented, staff courteous and efficient. Breakfast and dinner were to a very high standard. (The breakfast room morphs into the Ormer Restaurant at night and is excellent). The bathroom was generous in size and and has a window----always a bonus.

• Classic Double Room

The only suggestion I would have is to make more of the rooms in terms of comfortable seating but I guess they may then be a little cluttered

Great hotel, superb location and very helpful front of house staff. The breakfast was excellent and rooms spotless and stylish. Mayfair and Green Park close by as is the Green Park tube.

• Deluxe Double Room

Fleming’s Mayfair is now my favorite hotel to stay in London. The location is ideal-in walking distance to many parks and tourist destinations. The staff is wonderfully helpful and the accommodations are top of the line. London hotels rooms are small but the rooms are luxurious. Breakfast downstairs at Ormers was delicious. This will be our go-to hotel from now on!

• Tiny Single Room

The smallest hotel room in the world. Poor layout makes it difficult to even open your suitcase. I wish I could help them with some simple layout re-designing. No complaints with reg to facilities, quality or upkeep.

Excellent customer service. Plush interiors, very wel done up.

• Classic Double Room

I didn’t like they “gave” to me one of the disables rooms downstairs, I didn’t ask for it.

The hotel is very nice, the location was great (Mayfair). The breakfast was amazing, I ordered Eggs Benedict and it was delicious. Friendly staff. The bar is elegant and cosy.

• Deluxe Double Room

My daughter and I enjoyed the overall experience of staying at the Fleming Mayfair. The front desk staff were very good as were the back of house staff who helped changed our bedroom from a double to a twin room. Excellent service.

• Deluxe Double Room

Shame you have to pay extra for cooked eggs at breakfast, but apart from that the breakfast choice was excellent.

Perfectly located small boutique hotel. Our room, although small, was perfectly formed with everything you could need, including slippers and gown, good bedside lighting, alarm clock and plenty of wardrobe space. Excellent service in the breakfast room.

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing really- the hot water took a while to come in the bath and shower, but that’s about it.

Super location, close to Buckingham Palace where we were attending a Duke of Edinburgh Gold award presentation. From the upgrade to an apartment on arrival, to the helpfulness of the concierge when we left, we had a wonderful stay. Our dinner was amazing, and the staff were kind enough to prepare a special dessert for my son to celebrate his achievement. Breakfast was ample, with a lovely selection of cold items.

• Tiny Single Room

The room was bad not furniture well like the previous time i spent, plus the pathroom very tiny and poor, in addition the room was bad in its light not central AC. This time the changed my believe in this hotel Unfortunately

Location, staff, restaurant and in general very nice

• One-Bedroom Suite

Everything was great.

Small luxury hotel tucked away on Half Moon Street, near all major sights/restaurants/shopping in London. We stayed in a 2 room suite with 2 baths-very spacious and quiet with a kitchen. Staff are pleasant and helpful. This is the third time we've stayed at this hotel when in London and will definitely be back.

Close to many attractions, hotel is very comfortable with very nice rooms. Great staff, careful and friendly. Good breakfast and a very nice restaurant. If need to rest and be spoiled I clearly recommend.

Fleming’s Mayfair was great choose to stay in London. best location near from Hyde Park, Park Lane area, Buckingham Palace, Oxford Street,.... etc. Very clean rooms, modern decoration and friendly staff.

The tv wouldn’t work, had to wait until Morning to get fixed. The pillows weren’t the most comfortable. The fridge in the room was noisy throughout the night

Great shower and products

• Classic Double Room

Went for a city break, all the staff went above and beyond to accommodate us all polite helpful and friendly the entire place was spotless. Cleanest hotel I’ve ever stayed in and the food in the restaurant is absolutely astonishing could not recommend this place more.

• Classic Double Room

My mind is filled with so many great memories that I liked so nothing left for a bad one 😊

This exceptional little luxury ticked all the boxes from the first step in, great welcome by the doorman, though I was early to check in but they really took care of me, Receptionist gave a free upgrade ( just amazing ) the porter ( Norbert) was very attentive, I had plan to have dinner in the neighbourhood restaurant but after Norbert showed me the hotel restaurant I loved the atmosphere and stayed in , the food were just exceptionally great and the service was excellent, one of the best I've ever been , definitely will go back with Freinds for meals, the Bar looked very nice but unfortunately had no time this time, definitely next time !! I highly recommend Fleming, every one were so nice and professional, they seemed happy to work there, it was just joy to talk to them and watch their brilliant work. Thank you Fleming to make my stay so outstanding !

• Studio Suite

Nothing though it would be good if the hotel had a we will be backsmall salon where one could endulge oneself with a facial or manicure

The most helpful staff in any hotel in London I have ever stayed. We stayed in studio suite and it was great. It even had his and hers shower. I also asked to see an accessible room and it was well equipped for wheel chair user and still looking very smart . Great location too. Dinner in restaurant was tasty - I would recommend the duck and for breakfast the poached eggs on toasted sourdough with avocado, cucumber an bean sprouts is heaven

• Deluxe Double Room

3 days after stay: Been charged £25 on credit card . Just rang then to be told it’s pre authorisation . I’ve stayed in dozens of hotels who use this system and never had the money taken from my card for pre authorisation when I haven’t actually spent anything!!He insisted I haven’t been charged and out the phone down . Won’t be staying there again.

• Tiny Single Room

The room needs is rather old but still very decent and very clean, room cleaning was coming 3-4 times per day. Room had amenities of a 5 star hotel. While the restaurant is exceptional I was surprised that the only day I had breakfast it wasn’t that fresh or high quality like the dinner I had.

Perfect location, very helpfull staff, great restaurant, nice coffee house, very good entrance and common areas. A hotel with class in the center of London.

• Classic Double Room

There was nothing we could fault!

The whole stay was super, staff were great so friendly and helpful, room was excellent we had a bottle of prosecco in our room as it was our 25th Wedding Anniversary which was a very special thing them to do! The restaurant in the evening was superb, we had the 7 course taster menu, and oh my I can honestly say it was the best meal my husband and I have had. The chef was remarkable!

Only staying for one night - a second would have been lovely!

Everything! The staff are so welcoming and eager to help without fawning over you. The standard of our junior suite was superb, cleanliness supreme (I always check behind bathroom doors and often find fluff etc. but none here!), decor extremely tasteful and quality of fixtures and fittings also excellent.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

However, I would not recommend the breakfast. On both visits the standard of cooked food has been poor and on this last occasion I was very disappointed that the chef allowed burnt pancakes and over cooked waffles to leave the kitchen and be served

I love this hotel and the staff. This is our second visit and I would recommend it to everyone

• Classic Double Room

Room quite shabby, tiny bathroom and hotel really in need of s refurb, especially the bathroom.

Fantastic location, especially for New Year’s Eve, nice staff and not a bad hotel

For breakfast there could be more choices. Not everything is included.

Loved the aprtemend we stayed in. Great location. And the food we ordered from room service was also very good. Concierge very helpful!

• Classic Double Room

The beds are short (we are tall people). Another thing which wasn't a problem for us but should be noticed - our room was in a different building, next to the main building.

The hotel is at an excellent location. Green Park underground station is very close by. We also walked to Hyde Park, Bond street and more. The staff members were very accommodating. The breakfast is excellent, especially if you order from the menu. You should notice that you can do that without adding any money to the continental breakfast. The room was small but very convenient and warm and the bathroom is really nice.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Nothing really

The staff were fantastic,very helpful.the location is perfect everything within walking distance.the room is lovely with a lovely big walk in shower.its a great area with lots of bars and restuarants in the immediate area.the conciage is brilliant.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Unusual to only have double bed in a small luxury hotel

Ideal location for shopping or walking round Mayfair and West End. Easy walk to Knightsbridge for fit person. Quietly tucked away down side road near Shepherd Market. Staff very highly trained and efficient.

• Executive King Room

As my previous booking was a disaster and cancelled last minute, I booked Flemings Mayfair (impulsively) on the day of my stay for my best friend’s hen do. Everything was amazing - exceptional customer service on arrival, free upgrade (king exec room to 1 bed apartment), friendly and welcoming staff who were so helpful helping with carrying bags during my entire stay, beautiful turned and decorated, spotlessly clean and every extra you could ask for. Top luxury throughout the hotel from quality of appliances to materials and furniture used. Three of us stayed - two in an enormous bed and 1 on double sofa bed in the living area. Very impressed they also had an ensuite with shower and bath, plus an extra toilet near the living space. We checked out late on the Sunday at 2pm for free (also giving very short notice which seemed no problem to them) which was brilliant. Would recommend to anyone for a truly luxurious and relaxing stay.

• Deluxe Double Room

The rooms were a bit small and we had some issues with the temperature in the bathrooms. Could not get the towel warmers to turn off. Also, be aware that if you want to sit down in the bar, you need to make reservations. We have never seen that before and were a bit put off by it.

The staff was very well trained and friendly, not stuffy. The hotel was very well appointed and the dining room was excellent!

• Deluxe Double Room

View from Room. Bar was overpriced.

Location. Room size. Shower room. Cleanliness. Furniture and interior design throughout was excellent. Excellent Service.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Very stylish hotel. Love the interior design and attention to details throughout the hotel. Lovely welcoming touch when coming to the room with presented chocolate and jar of biscuits. Love the fresh yellow roses on the table. Just perfect! Will definitely be back again.

• Studio Suite

The bed was hard, no amenities put out in the rooms, room service food was cold and the rooms noisy, telephone did not work but was not dealt with during stay. A very expensive suite booked for a special occasion in a "nice on the outside" hotel let down but a definite lack in attention to detail and service.

• Classic Double Room

I cannot think of anything.

We were made very welcome and the staff are exceptional with their attention. The hotel is conveniently placed for the part of London that we like to visit.

• Classic Double Room

Poor continental breakfast in room, fruit salad all apple with 1 black grape and 1 green, dry unimaginative croissant , very poor selection for room service and long wait.

Bed comfortable,bathroom small but decor very good, hot powerful shower, soft thick towels, and good products

• Classic Double Room

hot and cold shower; broken lift; un-renovated small noisy room; no slippers; concierge arguing in reception. have booked privately and got a much better room

Location and the reception area were nice.

• Deluxe Single Room

The prices at the bar are VERY expensive. Also, they want an 11 am checkout time. This in my experience is not the standard in London. THe room I had was very very small.

Hotel staff are friendly and hotel is very clean and attractive. The gym is also good and well catered for. Rooms are well equipped.

• Deluxe Double Room

breakfast is average by marked comparison to lunch/dinner which are both great

great location, major shopping/sightseeing all within easy walking distance

• Studio Suite

The breakfast included is just a very basic continental one and even no eggs there! (well or you can pay extra for a better one)

I stayed there 2 nights before my wedding and it is value for stay! They upgraded me from a Junior Suite to a 1 bedroom apartment which is super modern, comfy and spacious. The staff is very helpful and the hotel is located in the central of Mayfair area so it is highly accessible.

• Studio Suite

Staff was tremendous... went above and beyond, and extremely friendly. I had a broken toe during travel and needed to ice regularly, they brought crushed ice and bags to my room 2x a day to help me with my injury.

• Executive King Room

Thought we would stop in the lounge downstairs for an afternoon cuppa and perhaps a snack but the only options were the very very expensive high tea. Luckily there is an M&S down the road.

Room was lovely and comfortable and the bed was large and snuggly. Breakfast options were great and the scrambled eggs were yummy.

• Deluxe Double Room

Location was superb and very convenient in the middle of Mayfair, staff very helpful, deluxe double room size was good taking into account the average hotels' room size in London and the room is smartly equipped, modern and simple with a beautiful character, a recommended as a good value for money option to stay at the heart of London

Pricey drinks in the bar £16 a gin was steep

Excellent friendly staff throughout the whole hotel, excellent bedroom facility's and right around the corner from everywhere I want to go.

Building work was taking place on a structure at the rear of the hotel, directly outside my hotel window the works made a terrible racket which included pneumatic drilling from 07.30 am on both Saturday and Monday mornings. With no option for me to move rooms a "real nightmare" !!

I enjoyed the hotel very much.....save for see below !

• Classic Double Room

Very small room not as pictured on the internet. The bath had mould around the edges and needed regrouting. Not exactly small luxury hotel in the world.

All the staff are fantastic.

• Deluxe Double Room

the room is very small for a family with one child ! very limited choices for room service menu.

perfect location .. very friendly and helpful staff ..

• Tiny Single Room

Business center; more of a "bar scene" at night (it was too quiet)

Chef has a Michelin star at another restaurant... makes an amazing omelette.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The TV internet service was intermittent and unuseable. Stayed for 4 days in a 1 bed suite and called down about it most days. Fixed by an engineer on the last day. Bed was very hard and uncomfortable. Breakfast was not great. They offered eggs or omelettes with the continental breakfast. No toast and no protein (ham, sausage etc.)b offered. Poor for a £80 breakfast.

Friendly staff and the location

Size of standard room, but it's London 😬

I often go to London and live near Hyde park , but Flemmings best hotel I've ever seen in London. Nice and cozy hotel with luxury accents. Extremely helpful people. Perfect location. Standard room not big but very smart equipped. Even with power sockets menu. Complimentary water every day. What else to wish?

• Deluxe Double Room

Unfortunately the heating in the bathroom did not work and was not fixed during my stay. The one minor glitch in an otherwise wonderful stay.

Excellent service, friendly, helpful with great recommendations.

• Executive King Room

No hot water, no one cared. Housekeeping service coming in and out of our room without regards and poor room service. I have never experienced such a bad hotel.

• Classic Double Room

The room was very average & not renovated as shown on booking.com. That being said, the room was very clean & cozy. Also, anyone 6 ft tall + would find the shower impossible as the ceiling is very low & slanted. Please note: I hate to even mention these negative comments because the hotel itself and staff were absolutely extradionary! I would definitely stay here again but I'll upgrade in room selection.

Honestly the location was perfect! Luxury shopping all around you & close to many of our favorite restaurants in the city. Walking distance to Buckingham Palace! The hotel staff were so friendly & attentive. Facilities were excellent! Also make sure to have a drink at the hotel bar!

• Deluxe Double Room

the hotel reacted a bit late on some comments I had, but when they reacted they did it in a very good way, which solved the problem in a satisfactory way for us.

Good hotel, in very good location, good staff, nice bar and good restaurant (1 star). This was my second time and we will be going back.

• Deluxe Double Room

Housekeeping was a problem due to language barriers, the cleaning lady spoke not one word of english, which ended up in several requests via supervisor etc.... although the room was nice it had a very low ceiling.

Reservation and reception very kind and helpful.

• Studio Suite

Bar shut too early! Lol A little awkward getting a taxi with it not being on a man road

We got a free upgrade from studio suit to a 1 bed apartment, which was fantastic

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing much wrong. Bathroom slightly cramped but mainly due to the low ceilings in an old historic building so not a major issue.

Great location in Mayfair, for eating drinking, shopping and parks. Very helpful staff.

• Deluxe Single Room

Hotel was nice enough, but I'm surprised by the 4 star rating. I've stayed at a handful of other nearby 3 star properties that were just as good and usually cheaper. Room was small and tight. Breakfast included in rate was average at best

Great Mayfair location. Convenient to tube, parks and tourist locations, yet on a quiet side street. Staff was super

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast was included in our stay, but we still had to sign a ticket for 43 pounds even though one of us only had coffee. I think it might have been better if we did not have to sign something saying we received 43 pounds worth of food when we just had muffin and coffee.

The staff was very helpful. We were taking Uber to the airport, but the driver could not be there for another 40 minutes. Taxi cabs will not take credit cards unless you have a pin number which I did not have. The man at the desk was able to get us a hired car to take us to the airport in 15 minutes. That was very nice.

No pillow choice (existing ones is very uncomfortable). They frequently mistake in blocking money and very slow to release it. Staff doesn't respect privacy (enter whenever they want with a slight knock)

Location is very good. Tea room is very comfortable

Nothing. Tip-top

The hotel was immaculate and extremely well-appointed. The staff were courteous, warm and humorous. Service couldn't be better.

• Classic Double Room

Desorganized, my room was not ready at 16:30, 1 hour and a half after the check in time! A maintenance guy entered my room out of the blue, without even knocking!

Great breakfast! Confortable room.

• Tiny Single Room

Room not very useful (bathroom doesn't have a light over the mirror, no proper towel hanger), noisy A/C, window facing the back of another building.

Staff friendliness, exceptional room care (cleaning and servicing at least twice a day), the location.

• Classic Double Room

Hotel/room/breakfast/staff all lovely. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived but they upgraded our breakfast as a goodwill gesture. Would certainly return and recommend

• Tiny Single Room

The WiFi should really be more secure and password protected. The breakfast is pricey, especially when there are countless cheaper cafes within a block or two.

Great bed, very clean, very quiet; cannot beat the location for central London business.

• Deluxe Double Room

The location is excellent, across the road from Green Park and within an easy 5 minute walk of Green Park tube station. Staff are very friendly and attentive, breakfast was excellent with a wide choice. Would definitely recommend.

• Deluxe Double Room

Absolutely stunning hotel. Modern, clean and bright room which was a good size. The bed is so comfortable! Brilliant location to nearby attractions and public transport. Wonderful staff very helpful to give us assistance when needed

• Deluxe Single Room

Be aware that the classic double rooms are smaller then the cabins on a cruise boat! so book the bigger rooms. not sure if this hotel really deserves the SLH label. You can recognise a good hotel on the default fresh orange juice for breakfast. This hotel has not. So not normal for a restaurant/hotel claiming this level

the location is just great and the cocktail bar is amazing

• Deluxe Double Room

Miscommunication upon arrival, after confusion about payments I had made I asked if I had paid for my accommodation in full (excluding extras) and the staff replied yes. In fact I had not paid in full and there was an outstanding amount to pay upon checkout.

The decor, staff and service were exceptional. Upon check in, we were escorted to our room which I realised was exceedingly too small to accommodate my daughter and myself for 4 nights. I addressed this with reception who swIftly offered me a larger room at no extra cost. This really made our stay much more enjoyable and comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel had a lovely atmosphere. The townhouse accommodation was very tastefully restored to reflect the original period of the property. Would definitely recommend this accommodation to others.

• Deluxe Single Room

The price. Guests who had visited previously felt the price had increased dramatically and the previous offer of a free coffee and muffin service was definitely a loss for current guests

Location stunning and room stunning. Did have a private outside patio but sadly no view as locked in by tall buildings.

Female staff at the front desk were like statues, need a great deal of training in hospitality. The night room service options were very disappointing and consisted of only three choices, Thai green curry, onion soup or selection of pot luck finger sandwiches, nothing could be tailored to order. Overall I found the service to be extremely lacking and would not recommend on this basis.

Excellent rooms of an impeccable standard.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Classic Double Room

Housekeeping is very slow. Often only make the room up in late afternoon. When advising that that guests ja out for an hour it's not enough time for housekeeping to make it to the room and clean it.

Charming feel. Casual and much like a home. Very small room/bathroom. Great drawing room, bar and restaurant. Staff are plentiful and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Everyone goes for a lush weekend once and this hotel was just perfect. There was a real concierge that knew everything about London and whose smile made it easy to ask a question.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Tiny Single Room

some of the rooms are small but well designed and everything works to a high standard. there is something funky about their internet system, which would not allow my laptop to connect but worked perfectly with my phone. All in all a great hotel with great staff.

Browse Flemings Mayfair traveller photo gallery