Reviews of Four Seasons Hotel

Portland Street, Aberystwyth, SY23 2DX, United Kingdom

#17 of 20 B&Bs and Inns in Aberystwyth

Based on 1026 B&B reviews

Won't be returning. Staff not pleasant or accomodating
    • Triple Room - Disability Access

Shower flooded whole bathroom/wet room. No opening window in there either. The floor remained constantly wet. Because we were on ground floor we coulnd't leave window open. My sheets had blood stain on them. Breakfast was very average. Coffee awful so tried tea next morning_ grim. Cheap teabags. Parking hopeless but this is not explained until arrival although I did ask when I confirmed arrival previous night.

Not a lot.! Although room was ok for three of us, there was little area to store bags. It was called disabled room with large shower/wet room. You would never get to the shower/bathroom if disabled. No room to manoevre wheelchair.

Staff worked hard to assist patrons,

A couple of cracked panes in different windows.

New bottle of water each day. Dinner, as well as dessert on a different night, available upon request. Location generally quieter than other choices, breakfast good.

Satisfied

Breakfast room was very warm and we shared it with workmen coming in for breakfast - fine but they weren't very clean!

Receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Comfortable room and good bathroom.

Our stay was excellent in every way
    • Triple Room - Disability Access

there was nothing to dislike

we arrived early, the staff were a very friendly happy team. We were allowed into our room to leave our luggage. The room was spotlessly clean as was the bed linen and towels. We had a large en suite all colour co ordinated. We were all delighted with every aspect of the hotel, the cooked breakfast was scrummy. A very highly recommended place to stay so much so that we are planning another visit

Convenient location, nice hotel

Car park quite small for the size of the hotel. Bacon a bit overcooked but it was a buffet so maybe that's why

I was across the carpark in the annex to the main hotel so it was quiet. Room was very nice. Buffet style breakfast so help yourself. Eggs fresh out and cooked to perfection. Easy walk into town. Helpful staff and friendly

Unfortunately I didn’t enjoy my stay at this hotel, firstly...

Unfortunately I didn’t enjoy my stay at this hotel, firstly our room didn’t resemble the photos on the website, the wallpaper was dirty & peeling, bedding was tired, bathroom moldy. After we had problems with the TV we were moved to another room, this room looked better and seemed freshly painted but the bed was of poor quality & very uncomfortable and the pillows were thin and rock hard. There isn’t parking by the hotel and we had to park at a over-spill about a block away. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to my friends & family and it’s overpriced for what you get.

Good location for an overnight stop. Lots of bars/restaurants nearby, very short walk to the promena

The room was very hot when we arrived in the evening as the sun was shining in. It was difficult to open the window.

parking was good. breakfast and room were good.

This place would be amazing if the windows opened or a fan was available.
    • Superior Suite

There was no A/C (which was known); however, the windows only opened 6 inches (it was blocked from opening more) and there were no fans to help cool the rooms. We had to leave the room several times to cool off outside. We did not sleep at all and were very miserable. We each took multiple cold showers and cold baths to cool. The heat wave is not your responsibility; however, the rooms could have been cooler if the windows were able to open more or there was a fan to use.

The rooms were nice and very clean!

I was charged twice by the hotel for the one stay, when I...

I was charged twice by the hotel for the one stay, when I brought it to the notice of the staff they we're quick to rectify the error and refund me - that's good customer service. Breakfast was great and plentiful.

The Ty Belgrave, had a better location than the one booked
    • Small Double Room

Well wen we got there about 5.00pm they didn't have a room for us. It took some time but they had a coach party to accommodate. However they did send us to a sister hotel and the room was good

The car park, as they allowed us to park our car there as no parking at Ty Belgrave

Unsatisfactory accomadation, worsened by a horrible owner
    • Small Double Room

Everything! The staff in particular the owner were beyond unhelpful they were downright rude! I had an issue where the shower was running cold I called and went down to reception this wasn’t resolved when I left and they just didn’t care! I booked a double room but they gave me a twin room when moving the beds together there were piles of dirt and dust where it was clear that this hadn’t been cleaned throughly for some time. There was a small hole in the bathroom wall where the door stopper had broken and not been replaced. Rather than the hole being plastered and painted it had been stuffed with tissue. Further it appeared as though there were new lamp fitting over the bed which were substantially smaller than the previous leaving a very noticeable ring of old wallpaper where whoever had redecorated had put in the least amount of possible. There was clear paint discolouring where there had been a mirror on the back of the door which had been removed but the door hadn’t been repainted. When I raised these complaints to the owner to say he didn’t care was a massive understatement he was dismissive and indignant! Upon arrival there was another gentleman having similar issues! I would wholeheartedly discourage anyone from booking here my room sidnt look remotely like the pictures on booking.com still trying to figure out where they were taken!

You location was central

What I needed
    • Small Double Room

Everything was spot on just had to wait couple hours for the room and parking is a little awkward if busy but great room, staff, and good breakfast . Will stay again

Liked it when we checked out as the hotel was vile
    • Small Double Room

Stains on walls an carpet looked like sick or Coffey, shower leaked an was grotty, could not flush the toilet. Opening the bathroom window ment the whole street could see you. Then we come to parking this place advertising parking is a joke. It has over 50 rooms and only 4 car parking spaces in a small one car width entry court yard. My other half witnessed a staff member drop toast on the floor of the kitchen at breakfast and still serve it (yuck) Steer clear folks we will not be stopping here again that’s for sure

Liked it when we checked out as the hotel was vile

We had a really great holiday hotel just down the road from sea front overall it is a lovely area of

There wasn’t anything we didn’t like

The staff was friendly the bed was comfortable breakfast great the room we stayed in was lovely overall had a fantastic stay everywhere was clean we are looking to going back soon

Unexpectedly pleasant room. A little pricey for a small hotel.
    • Small Double Room

Parking was a potential issue but not a deal breaker. Very warm at breakfast. Could have done with a longer period of time to spread the guests more.

Loved the size of the room and bed and the location.

Good central location and good sized room.

Not a major issue but there was limited parking at the hotel, but there was an overflow carpark about 300 yards away.

Room was very large with a super king size bed. My room was in a new building separate from the main hotel

Could of been 10/10 if the things had been sorted like book a double, get a double and curtains
    • Deluxe Double Room

I booked a double room for £90 and when I arrived at 11pm I had been given a twin so had to sleep in a single bed, The Curtain had fallen down and been left on a chair so I only had half a curtain to keep out the light that then woke me at the crack of dawn and I didn't get as much as a good morning at breakfast or even offered a hot drink or toast. I was stood at reception wanting to raise this issues rang the bell and was ignored!

I spoke to a lovely lady who advised me on what to do as I was arriving late due to work and driving, the key was left in reception for me and I found the room with ease. The room was very clean and well maintained apart form the curtains.

Great location, property in need of a facelift
    • Deluxe Double Room

Overall, the hotel was a bit shabby, even though it had said it had been refurbished. Bathroom was particularly in need of redecoration and we had paid for an upgraded room.

Location, comfortable bed, quiet room

Friendly staff, nice clean room, facilities good!
    • Small Double Room

It says it has parking but car park only hold about 6 cars! One of our curtains broken which meant the sun was coming in from 5am! We tried to cover it but not much success

Friendly staff, nice clean room, facilities good!

On my reservation I asked for minimum stairs.

On my reservation I asked for minimum stairs. I was very surprised to receive an email to tell me that my request would be attended to. On arrival I was allocated a large ground floor room - Excellent.

Exceeded expectations
    • Small Double Room

Only issue small bath room. No bath only shower and no where to put the wash bag. Came back to hotel at 9pm for evening drink but restaurant and bar all shut up. Small restaurant for breakfast. Nice breakfast but never received the toast that we were offered. People we're sitting outside in the reception area eating breakfast due to lack of space

Bed comfortable and the room light and modern exceeded our expectations. Nice touch with bottled water and hot chocolate available.

Eventually ok ...not again

Baths in en- suite out dated... showers should be usable: obviously over-subscribed by foreign nationals leading to complicated bookings

The staff were eventually accommodating, centre of town, parking available

Pleasant staff, good food but poorly maintained room.
    • Small Double Room

Tap in bathroom broken and didn’t turn off. Sink was cracked. Valve missing from radiator. Shower door didn’t close properly. No extractor fan in bathroom so mould on the ceiling. In fact whole room needed an overhaul.

Breakfast was really tasty, with plenty to choose from.

Good hotel, would book again.

1st member of staff we dealt with was a little unwelcoming - we had to cancel the 2nd night at short notice so her reaction was a bit short - 'You know the cancellation policy is 48hours?' Not exactly the polite 'I'm sorry but we'll still have to charge you because..' approach I was expecting but my husband soon charmed her by asking her opinion on how o park, where to eat etc.. The rest of the staff we met were friendly and approachable and helpful so maybe our greeter had just had a bad day.

Lovely big room with very comfy bed. Great breakfast, lots of choice.

no sleep for three nights and very upset at being lied to by the receptionist

explained above

in our experience the reception closes at 9pm and leaves envelpoes on the desk with keys in for late arrives our door was lock has we was just about to go to bed and was getting undressed and a man unlocked the bedroom door with a key saying that it was his room we had been given the room 9 hours before and there was nobody there to sort the mess out for him and we was in room 6 which had a three quarter bed base and a double mattess which I fell out of bed in the middle of the night we didn't have a en suit when we had payed for one and asked for a low floor due to me being disable but we never got any we reported our problem about the man getting in our room and the mattress to the receptionist who lied to us saying it would be sorted out which it wasn't then on our last night we saw the owner and he wasn't happy about the waste of space on the desk because she hadn't even phoned him and had been lying all a long to us some of the other guest was disgusted how we was treated all the owner was saying to us I cant give you a discount all we want was a good nights sleep in a comfy bed without strangers walking in and if you fancy a night cap before bed the bar shuts at 9pm wont be going back we was also told by one of the staff that room 6 is only for one person has it is so small

excellant

nothing to dislike

The room was light and comfortable , we had a room off our bedroom with a sofa and Tv in never had that before anywhere, the food was very good ,everywhere spotless, I would without a dout stay there again.

Acceptable accommodation,with a bit of tweaking it could have been better.

Stained toilet bowl on arrival-just needed bleaching. Broken base to external of shower tray, made bathroom look shabby needlessly. I would have put a bigger shower in here as it would have made the bathroom luxurious. Room was too far away and up and down too many stairs and landings for my elderly mother [88] even though i had rung prior to check.

Appropriate,clean bedding for time of year. Comfy mattress-quite firm which is good. Buffet cooked breakfast was great.

A mostly good stay if the welcome had been a little warmer.
    • Small Double Room

When we arrived after a 5 hr drive reception weren't very welcoming. The breakfast was good but when I asked for an earl grey tea I wasn't understood and got a different tea. The street lights outside of the room were so bright it was like daylight at night. The room was very hot but if you opened the window the extremely noisy street woke me regularly. A fan would have helped. Generally a bit run down. 5 parking spaces for 35 guest rooms, my patner spent most of Sat looking for a parking space as all the near by ones were 30 minutes only.

Good price. Extremely central location. Good varied breakfast. A full bath in the room which was nice. Well equipped with toiletries and tea and coffee things. Big beds. I didn't mind it being a bit run down as it was cheap.

Close to all amenities.

Check in, couldn't get in until 2.30pm, then one set of keys were missing for a room. No blind/curtain in one of the bathrooms, TV not working. People waiting for tables, not enough room in dining area for amount of guests, made worse by tables not being cleared promptly. Rooms could have been cleaner. One room not cleaned one day.

Close to all amenities. Good breakfast, nice, apologetic, staff. Plenty of tea, coffee, drinking chocolate and even had biscuits, unusual these days, much appreciated.

Fabulous stay. Thankyou
    • Small Double Room

1 grumpy member of staff. Older lady with blonde pigtail and glasses may have been deputy manager. Parking in a different Rd is awkward if u have children or a disability.

Rita and all the staff so friendly and happy to help from the manager to the cleaning staff and the waitresses, lovely assortment of breakfast and evening meals. Rooms cleaned every day. 1 minuet walk to shops and beach. Must say we absolutely loved our weeks stay.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 3 Children)

Room was unclean, when I moved the bed there were toe nail clippings Maids filled the corridor on arrival and didn't move Beds were being moved filling the corridor Lady on reception wasn't very friendly and could hardly answer any questions I had People were walking past all hours of the night shouting and screaming waking my kids Radiator valve was broken so I could control the heat Breakfast was ok but the sausages were not good. On the second day there wasn't any room for us as people of two were sat on tables for 4

Nice location- don't rely on parking there

I chose this hotel as it stated it had parking. Car park was very tiny and always full. On road parking was limited to 2hrs at most, so I parked at the uni (was visiting my son) and walked. Room was comfortable but not very clean - nothing major but not good: Lid from previous guests shower gel, dusty skirting boards, valance on bed stained. Room was cleaned during stay - my bed was made but daughters not! Bin in bathroom emptied but toothpaste box which I couldn't fit in bin so put right next to it was left. Tea bags and milk replenished but only 1 new water and no hot choc - reception closed when we got back so couldn't ask. Again only little things, but did make a difference

Nice and close to everything. Bottles of water and hot choc in the room alongside normal tea and coffee (but not replenished) Breakfast was nice and waitress was friendly

Excellent breakfast

Wifi was very slow and kept dropping out so was unusable. Bathroom had a mouldy smell.

I was on the top floor so had a quiet night, the floors were quite creaky so the lower floors may be noisy. The included breakfast was superb. Shower pressure excellent.

Excellent location, really helpful staff, lovely spacious...

The only thing that let the room down was the bathroom, the bath panel needed some work and there was no rubber at the bottom of the shower screen, so water went all over the floor.

Excellent location, really helpful staff, lovely spacious room.

Look elsewhere

Old and tired rooms. One bathroom for two rooms booked. Total rip off. Walls are paper thin so don’t expect sleep. If you can in a bed more akin to a hammock

The parking for the bikes and location. Absolutely nothing else

Phoned me at 12.
    • Small Double Room

Phoned me at 12.10 on the day of arrival and told me that they were overbooked. Offered me an alternative that I wasn't happy with then came back and offered a better alternative which I was happy with. Initially frustrating but worked out in the end.

would come back to this hotel as was made to feel very welcome

room facilities were slightly worse for wear. Hole in wall near door where handle had gone through. Bathroom shelf was broken (gone but one bracket still fixed to wall - bit dangerous. hanger missing from bathroom door but holes left in door) folding chair in room looked as though it had been left in while decorating as it was very dirty.

reception very attentive personally showed us on foot where overflow car park was. food was lovely and the service was good - very prompt considering the amount of people that were in the restaurant. Breakfast was lovely,

Felt ripped off Don’t advertise room if it not available and safety aspect very worrying

Booked a large double bed, given a 3 bed family room Offered another hotel but on inspection no differenceFreshly painted smell awful Not safe as only one egress don’t know how it passed planning laws No soap etc no hairdryer no mirror in room poor lighting

Clean friendly staff

Mixed feelings because my rm number was changed on arrival and waited 45 minutes for hot water
    • Deluxe Double Room

The fact that I had to wait for 45 minutes in the bathroom and the changing of my room number when I arrived at the reception

There was no hot water in the shower I had to wait in the bathroom for 45 minutes for the hot water to be fixed.

We arrived very late in the evening but the staff left our...

that we only stayed one night. we would have happily stayed longer but were booked elsewhere for a friends wedding.

We arrived very late in the evening but the staff left our key safely for us to find after speaking with them on the phone. the room was so comfy and spacious. We brought our own travel cot so it fit in the room even with room to move around.

A pleasant holiday because we had good weather
    • Small Double Room

Bathroom was in a very poor state, shower was not up to modern standard, we felt that the we had been given a second class room as we had a very small dog, but as we paid 10 pounds a night for him our room should have been up to a better standard.

Hotel in a very convenient spot,staff made us very welcome.

The bedroom was large.

The bedroom was large. The bed was very big and comfortable. The room had a table with 2chairs, as well as a chair at the dressing table and a lounging chair.

basil fawlty would have looked a genius compared to these people!awful hotel!no parking! dirtyrooms!

room 31, firstly the manageress said she had no other rooms to offer.i said you cannot reasonably expect anyone to stop in a room that heating cannot be controlled or have sharp edges in the sink and shower! i will inform welsh tourist board and health and safety executive! she found us another room, after we had a great day travelling and seeing devils bridge etc all we wanted was a clean quiet average room to have a glass of vino and chill. the room 31,no coat hooks on back of door or wall! furniture to big so you couldnt get access to lugauge stowage area easily! the bathroom door wouldnt stay closed or lock.when you sat on loo you knock your elbow on the rad valve sticking out from towel rail. have shower leaks all over floor.sach windows noisey! we asked for quiet room.sach windows no hook or eye hadles to open or close them! the fan in bathroom was on all first eve until we found where switch it off.cineman and pub chucking out times horrendous noise! the doors all slam in the hotel! loudly too! only needs a bit of soft draft excluder fitting or some correct more expensive door closers!all work looks cheap and heath robinson ! the bed was far too soft on old base looked 40 years old! the fiancee complained first morning after 4 nights i could not walk back killing me! parking issues people parking on street when they could getting parking fines. car park opposite 7 pounds for 3 hour no return within hours,roads nearsest half hour parking no return within half hour! there is no parking and we had dogs in the back of our crew cab hilux! pet friendly no 10 pounds per pet per eve and id emailed to ask if they were ok two small dogs,quiet room,does room have view of sea? paid extra for bigger double, as i wanted a break and wanted it to be nice and comfy no such luck! cleaning staff okish nice ladies only hoovered once in our room other wise a mess for 3 days!

location good town great mid wales great.hotel rubbish worse than basil fawlty on steroids! no car park 35 rooms 6 car spaces! madness! i emailed to say i would like quiet room and paid for larger room. room we got discusting! broken shower shattered sink basin,extreemly dangerous! room 7. couldnt turn heating off,carpet dirty,walls splashed with drinks.absolutely horrendousmould above shower,i may have expected a little like this if it was 40 pounds per eve not over 100!! i complained and was given another room room 31

Okay for short stay.

noise from street outside, disturbed us throughout the night till early morning - probably because there had been a big rugby competition on locally !!! Room was a bit tired as was general decoration throughout the hotel.

staff friendly, breakfast very good and hot. Location for seafront etc was excellent.

Adequate, excellent value for money, did the job

We booked on the day so couldn't expect alot, we were given a room on the road which was exceptionally noisy all night so that was my only critisism

Overpriced, undersized and appalling customer service.

Our room was not available upon arrival. We arrived at 7 o’clock in the evening. The stoney faced receptionist informed us an individual was showering in our room. This was an “urgent requirement” that took priority over paying guests apparently. We tried not to think about scenarios that might require an urgent shower as we waited 15 minutes for the room we paid £95 for to finally become available. Lack of sincere apology. Not even a complimentary tea or coffee for the inconvenience. The receptionist’s attitude stank as much as the corridors did (of cooked eggs, presumably from that morning’s breakfast “service”) as we navigated our way to the room 15 minutes after arrival. There were at least 3 fire doors to get through, one of which did not close. (If a fire door is not closed it is useless in a fire). The lack of building maintenance was also evident in our room. Upon entry, the door banged in to one of the two bedside tables. (Not a maintenance issue; a room size issue - much smaller than advertised). The ceiling light fixture was coming apart, the toilet roll holder was broken and the oversink shelf was absent (marked only by the presence of shelf brackets fixed to the bathroom wall. The hot tap could only manage lukewarm). We weren’t expecting much for breakfast and didn’t get it. A buffet style affair with poor quality sausages and a pot of instant coffee. Which we had to ask for. As well as the toast. The overflow dining room in which we sat was in darkness so we had to ask for the lights to be switched on too. We interacted with two members of staff, each vastly different. The lady on reception would benefit greatly from a course in customer service. The older lady who was present at breakfast made an effort to be friendly and helpful. The only saving grace in this establishment. We won’t be back.

I booked a suit room but it was completely different than it...
    • Superior Suite

I booked a suit room but it was completely different than it was offered at booking.com. Much smaller size and two separate room with sahred very small size bathroom. I felt as being cheated. When i asked to reception she replied that they name this room as suit as well. But the fact is naming the room does not make it suit. It suppose to have two single,one double bed but there were two double bed instead. Car parking slots are very limited less than for 10 cars only. I had to find car parking at street.

Disappointed

No one asked if all was ok

Towels in room were wet not been changed.customers complaining all the time ,from 12am till 4.30 am a lot of banging and shouting from groups of lads and hen parties not a couples place to stay ,breakfast was all dry under lamps could not eat sausages as were very cheap ones left early as was very disappointed

breakfast is excellent!

receptionist was not nice and friendly. we book deluxe size room she try to give us standard room. when we were complaining about the room she was so mean.

breakfast is excellent!

Not cheap and not very comfortable.

Bedroom was little more than a cupboard. Kettle lead didn't reach plug socket. Headboard not attached to bed. Toilet made awful noises when flushed. Shower didn't work and WiFi was crap.

Reception was clean and bright as was dining room.

Good.

The blind in the bathroom window could not be lowered enough to cover lower half of window.

Breakfast was very good and also the tea making facilities good in room.

The room was tiny for 2 people and we asked if we could be...

The room was tiny for 2 people and we asked if we could be swapped to a bigger one as the ones either side were much bigger, but they were fully booked.

The environment was both smart/tidy.

There was nothing that we did not like, we had one small problem, this was addressed and the staff had the courtesy to report back to me that my request was being carried out later in the morning.

The whole establishment showed the companies effort to improve the hotel. Decor was also very acceptable.

Excellent location for conference we were attending, comfortable accommodation, affordable price.
    • Small Double Room

Bathroom wash-basin needing attention: brass plug without chain difficult to extract, tap-washers nearing end of useful life. Toilet cistern larger than normal and with no short-flush function.

Buffet breakfast was hot, varied and tasty, service of coffee and toast prompt and friendly. Room which had been described as "small" was in fact adequate in size and well furnished.

Could have been good but neglect of basic comfort.

Shower not working and was not fixed on request as promised. Room way overheated with no ability to regulate temperature.

Nice breakfast, great location.

Comfortable hotel in great location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Car park useful but very small and could be a problem at peak periods. There is alternative parking nearby.

Room was good, bed very comfortable. Breakfast freshly cooked and good selection. Ideal location for town and sea.

Overall good but would have been better without the room mix up.
    • Small Double Room

Booked two separate rooms for myself and my friend, but was called in the morning to let me know that they could not honour this and could only offer one large shared room (admittedly this was a very large and spacious suite) with two beds. For the second night we got our two separate rooms.

The location of the hotel is excellent and only a few yards from the seafront. The rooms were very comfortable and very clean.

3.5
    never again

forced room change; new room had no WiFi access; staff promsied to repair this, however, this did not happen; I had to share toilett and bathroom with other guests; two staff members were friendly, one not - on the contrary! Toilett and shower are in bad condition, renovation urgently needed. A student appartment at Aberystwyth University has higher quality.

the quietness, the big room size

Great after 2 days on our bikes through mid-Wales.

The shower was a little below par. The doors were loose and the base of the shower coming away at the floor. Also the loo needs to be secured to the floor.

Breakfast was excellent. Would have liked warm milk with the coffee.

Comfortable and hassle -free - good value for money

Parking is a bit of an issue. The numbers at breakfast on Saturday morning rather overwhelmed the staff.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Well located hotel, clean and good value for money. Suited our purposes perfectly.

Not pleasant
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 3 Children)

No security- someone tried to come into our room in the early hours- twice. Management did not address and had to be prompted for an apology

Tv in bathroom

Convenient location, pleasant friendly hotel,
    • Small Double Room

When upgrading us they forgot we had a child with us - she slept on the sofa which was fine but they had to bring linen over. No big deal though. Breakfast room couldn't really cope with demand, but that was because everyone came to breakfast at the same time!

We got a free upgrade Fantastic location

Good roon
    • Small Double Room

Too hot in night. Can't control room temperature.

Helpful personnel. Everything what you need is inside room. Perfect localisation - I haven't used my car it is close enough to walk everywhere in town.

A decent central hotel with few frills
    • Triple Room - Disability Access

The accessible room contained way too much furniture for anyone in a wheelchair. My husband was able to use crutches so we coped. The room was stiflingly hot. I found a radiator hidden behind 2 wardrobes so turned that off, but the otherwise excellent towel rail in the bathroom remained pumping out heat. The staff were very friendly and keen to assist, but the rail remained hot and there was no sign of a requested fan! Couldn't open windows and the door was, of course, heavily sprung and even if we could prop it open, it almost opened on the street. Very limited parking and no blue badge space

Centrally situated hotel Beds were very comfortable Evening meal was fine, but nothing special and breakfasts were filling.

Toastgate

The hotel did not provide a bed for our 4 yr old daughter. The radiator in the bathroom was too hot and too close to the toilet and bin. There was no shelf in the bathroom the room was a little too warm. The staff in during breakfast did not show any interest in showing us where to sit, how the breakfast worked or checking if everything was ok or if we needed anything else. There was 3 people in our party and we were given 2 slices of toast and we could not get the attention of any staff to ask for more but the breakfast was good on the whole.

It was clean and tidy well situated and quiet.

Short and sweet.

From my stay nothing could have been better, liked everything.

Nice big sized bedroom, very spacious. Bathroom a good size and very homely room on the whole.

Brilliant & comfortable 👍🏼

Staff always pleasant. Clean hotel 8 lovely rooms. Breakfast is excellent if you’ve booked it. If not you can still buy a breakfast in the morning with no hassle. Rooms had a bottle of water for each person. Kettle, coffee, tea & hot choc. Tv Overall brilliant place.

The breakfast was nice.
    • Small Double Room

The staff were not pleasant they werent rude but they were there to do a job and that’s what they did. You got no eye contact and it felt like they didn’t really want to be there. Ruined our stay was quite upset about it . As we travel quite a bit at weekends because my partner is self-employed and we don’t see much of each other in the week due to him working we make a point of going away most weekends somewhere to relax and I must say the staff were the worst and we felt very uncomfortable. We also had a problem with the pipes being very loud as it was really cold when we visited this hotel it was actually snowing we needed the radiators on but couldn’t sleep with the noise of the pipes when it was on .

The breakfast was nice.

Other than the workmen, we enjoyed our stay

The room we were allocated was right by the car park which was used by workers staying at the hotel They started the vans and left them running at 4am in the morning right outside our door.

very friendly staff, food nice and hot

Will not be returning

I only booked the hotel because the advert said it had car parking it did not say it was restricted to a few vehicles and it caused me great inconvenience to have to park somewhere else with valuable items in my vehicle I detest lies

Staff were excellent breakfast was superb

Was okay for our 2 nights stay but parking has definately put me off stayin in this hotel again
    • Small Double Room

Very limited parking and the size of our small double room was a like a box room but was bearable for our 2 night stay

Good choice of breakfast ( hot buffet)

Good breakfast, room was clean.
    • Small Double Room

Radiator in bathroom didn't work so that was cold but bedroom was nice and warm.

Good breakfast, bottled water and biscuits in room was nice extra touch along with usual beverages. Room was clean but a little dated. Booked an evening meal which was nice. Need to get there early to get a parking space

Great value for money!

Food in resteraunt wasn’t great and the bar wasn’t well stocked - go out for food and drink.

Really good value for money, brilliant breakfast and comfy beds!

Good sized twin room complied of double bed & single bed.

No shelves or hooks for placing our items on or hang, (not disabled) in a disabled bathroom. Breakfast staff only friendly not the rest. Carpet in room not hoovered/cleaned. Not enough hangers (mix matched).

Good sized twin room complied of double bed & single bed. Room warm throughout night. Good location. Breakfast standard self service.

Fantastic,would stay here again

People talking loud outside our room (not the hotel's fault, just inconsiderate people.)

Room very large and warm. Beds very comfy. Breakfast absolutely fantastic, large selection on offer