Reviews of Foxhills 4 stars

Stonehill Road, Ottershaw, KT16 0EL, United Kingdom

#1 of 1 hotels in Ottershaw

The bedrooms- tea stains on tray, mould in shower more attention to detail on those things and it would be great!

The grounds are stunning, the breakfast was good the bar was good. I felt the rooms just lacked a little more luxury? Bathrooms were good it was the bedding and curtains... ours were plucked and a bit scruffy looking and the curtains had some holes

Bathroom a little like a cardboard box as it had all brown walls. We would still go back.

Breakfast was amazing and facilities on site exceptional. We went as a group of four women friends, the facilities meant that we didn't need to leave the hotel, which allowed us more time to catch up.

Foxhills is a beautiful place to and visit. The grounds are stunning, the spa is lovely and the golf is great. We had dinner in the Manor House and the food was incredible, we also had lunch in the NINETEEN restaurant which was also very nice. I would highly recommend staying at Foxhills

The only thing we sismt like was the way we were spoken to at the Nineteen restaurant. We had booked a table for 8pm so we turned up and announced this at the bar. The bar staff tpok us to a table with reserved sign and said "it must be this one " we sat down looked at menu and someone else came in at very abruptly said "this table is reserved for the men outside you will have to move " and he didn't hang about long enough for us to explain that we were told to sit there. He came back in and ppimtes to another table and said we had to move there and went again. The original bar man came back and apologised for is having to move but it was the ignorance of the elder man which we didn't like as it was not our fault we were sitting there. People kept looking at us during all this and as 4 women amongst majority of men we felt slightly uncomfortable.

The grounds were wonderful All The other staff were lovely and extremely helpful and very kind. The afternoon tea was beautifully presented and we loved it. The outdoor pool was heated which was a very welcome surprise. Could not fault anything else.

• Executive Double Room

Checking in was a little slow, there was only 1 member of staff on reception at 2pm which was check in time, and it took a while to get another member of staff.

Breakfast was excellent. Spa was lovely. Outdoor pool was warm. Room was very nice.

• Executive Double Room

Room was incredibly hot couldn’t leave bed room doors open people walking round smoking early hours of morning and slamming apartment doors

Polite professional staff Lovely well kept grounds

• Executive Double Room

We got told breakfast was served until 11am on Saturday morning , however we were refused our breakfast at 10:45am. Receptionist we spoke to the night before was not at the desk.

Facilities were excellent

My only criticism is the windows looking out to the garden were very dirty.

We enjoyed our stay here, staff were very helpful and friendly. The taster menu in the Manor restaurant, was fantastic. My Husband had a golf lesson with Greg - it was very informative and although my Husband plays well, he gained a lot from the lesson.

No hot water on first day, room was big but dated and ill equip. Bathroom was very old and tired and most things did not work. Service charge in lounge despite on most occasions we used it we had to find someone to serve us.

Lovely location, the 19 restaurant was relaxed and friendly with good value drinks and food. Excellent spa

Our first room we were taken to was not what the website shows. It was a buggy ride from the main building, in poor, dated repair and not acceptable. We were quickly moved to a more modern room, however it became evident the rooms heating was not able to be adjusted. We stayed in June with day temp about 23 and night about 15, however the towel rail was stuck on maximum and the bedroom radiator could not be turned off. Also no milk with the coffee.

Excellent golf, gym and restaurant

• Executive Double Room

Everything is incredibly dated and just incredibly unloved. Look up as you check-in and you’ll see the wallpaper peeling off the ceiling, it’s a trend that runs throughout the place. We had broken tiles in the shower which were gathering mould and a pile of fag butts outside the back doors of the bedroom. The staff are all a little lacklustre... they just don’t seem engaged at all & everything seemed like an effort (and that’s when you could find someone!)

The only positive was Joanna running the dinner service. Oh and the food was okay. The rest of our stay was spent in search of staff, resisting the temptation to clean things ourselves and then dashing for departure where Angela has said she’ll be in touch after we shared our poor experiences - let’s hope she follows up. We then dashed to Great Fosters where we were, once again, blown away by the service, the grounds, the food, the atmosphere which wiped away the horrors of the 24hrs prior at Foxhills. I would never go back - not unless they seriously start investing in the place - grim.

They had lost my reservation. That was when the receptionist finally arrived to check me in. I waited 15-20 Mins for someone to show. When she did she was surly. She almost was begrudgingnif a room!

The staff were unfriendly .

No blankets were given for beds, making it quite uncomfortable for sleeping. only a throw and a sheet.

Beautiful grounds, clean bathrooms and accommodating staff!

• Executive Double Room

With regards to the aforementioned stay, we were somewhat stressed and very concerned to find out when we arrived that our booking of this hotel through booking.com did not transfer through to the hotel and when we turned up they had no confirmation of our booking. Our dissapointment and shock was made worse when we were informed that there were no rooms of the type we booked available at that day! We had already booked treatments and dinner and was fearing the worse. Luckily the staff at the hotel were very helpful and accomodating and did manage to sort us out in some last minute accommodation however our weekend could have been absolutely ruined if this hadn’t been the case. Overall the hotel and its staff were very nice but I cannot see myself booking though booking.comm any time soon to avoid such an error happening to us again. I would be pleased to hear of any compensation booking.com is willing to grant us because of this error.

N/a

The room we stayed in (65) did not represent the advertising photos on your web site. I felt disappointed with the room, it was both run down and drab. Uninspired decor with two twin beds pushed together.. My partner and I sampled the taster menu and although the desert courses where presented and more importantly taste very good the same can’t be said for the remainder of the menue.. particularly the asparagus and egg yoke. Maybe personal taste but then consistency and taste I feel fell way below what you are trying to achieve... I also feel that the breakfast is very over priced for what you are getting... All in all I felt a little disappoint with the over all package and the price inflate to what I received..

Location, friendly staff.

If we had to be really picky the room we stayed in which was lovely and big perhaps was starting to look a little dated. new carpet, a lick of paint and new flat screen tv would do the trick. Bathroom was excellent and very big

We liked everything about the property, including the golf course, room and the spa facilities. food was great too

Everything was great

The property is set in beautiful grounds which make you feel like you’re not anywhere near London. They are well kept and the area is large. The rooms were fabulous, well worth the money. They were big, the bathroom was big & they were spotless. The bathroom was beautiful & large with a shower and a bath. Our rooms looked out onto the pool, and as we were there on a really hot Bank Holiday Monday the pool was very welcome. We also used the pool & jacuzzi at the spa & loved them. There are truly many facilities at Foxhills, tennis, squash, golf etc. Also a great gym & exercise classes. We had a meal at the restaurant and opted for the tasting menu with the wine flight. All dishes were lovely although on the small side but by the end we were full & the wine pairings were a nice accompaniment. One thing that blew me away was how professional the staff are. In particular the restaurant manager Joanna. I had a small issue with my meat as the chef was not making it how I asked & she rectified the situation at once & offered us complimentary champagne. She also took a couple of items off the bill for the inconvenience. But what stood out was her attitude and professionalism. She definitely deserves a promotion! The breakfast was included and was amazing. I actually could not fault Foxhills for anything & I will definitely be returning when I need some R&R.

• Executive Double Room

English breakfast appalling. Luke warm coffee, non free range eggs, tomato uncooked, black pudding akin to cardboard. I would guess cooked without chef present

Evening meal superb

Venue a little tired, room wasn’t the cleanest and for the price a little disappointing. Staff congregated in the reception of the Spa and too busy talking to understand guests are there to relax. Weekend mornings ( Saturday) full of children which is ok but a little noisy. Not all ground facilities working, outdoor pool not maintained well.

The grounds are spectacular, very quiet, secluded and private. The treatments in the spa were fantastic. Food very good. Facilities good overall particularly the gym.

• Suite

Their magnetic keys were always broken, which meant a walk (in the rain) back reception, where very friendly but entirely useless staff apologise profusely for the inconvenience but fail to fix the problem until they send someone from maintenance over.

The grounds are really beautiful, and aside from a tiny shower the room was great.

The room we were staying at number 9, had some sort of storage on top of it. Especially at night, there was this noise that kept going on and on whether it was a pump or a generator I am not so sure. It did keep us awake for a bit for the second night.

Great Location, great facilities. Pool and spa are quite good very enjoyable with a nice weather. The scenery was great at the hotel, very clean and tidy overall. Would definitely go again.

The food was over priced in the golf/sports bar for the price. Sadly food generally v salty and of freezer food quality rather than freshly cooked. Breakfast in manor restaurant good.

Rooms were lovely and spacious Outdoor pool excellent Breakfast very good Rooms in courtyard 9/10/11 v nice.

• Executive Double Room

The cleanliness of our room was less than what I would have expected for the price. Limescale, a lot of watermarks glass rings on surfaces in the bathroom and makeup marks on the robes. The shower was driving very loudly almost continuously all night which we couldn’t stop dispute our best efforts. The staff on reception were pleasant but we wasn’t offered any discount since we only stayed for one night fixing it wasn’t going to help us. Also, the staff on reception could have explained things better. We got no explanation of the facilities only instructions on how to find our room. This meant we went into the spa thinking the outdoor pool was that way to find it wasn’t and we then had to get dry and leave but as we had handed our key into reception so no longer had access to our room we couldn’t use the outdoor pool near our room as we had no where to change. Both hot tubs were out of order also and this whole situation was a big disappointment to what was otherwise a lovely stay as these were the main reasons we chose Foxhills.

The venue itself is beautiful and set in amazing grounds

I thought the room was basic and the bathroom was awful and seemed like it was either really old, or just had a cheap refit. The breakfast was average! I was actually disappointed by the place if I’m honest.

Nice grounds, lovely main building

Being woken by very noisy neighbours who's apparent guests were leaving at 2am, this included shouting and kicking our room door several times. We had not had any cause to complain about them until this incident. I did not confront them suspecting they were drunk. I reported this at reception when attending breakfast. I have stayed at Foxhills before without cause to complain

Bed comfortable. Sports bar very good nice service with good food and drinks. Very good cooked breakfasts and buffet constantly replenished with good choice. All staff from reception to house keeping very pleasant and polite.

Window handle falling off Tiles missing on entrance steps Water was to hot in sink Being told to pay for breakfast twice and charged for crisps when we ate our own crisps

Comfy beds

Car park was very tight. The first room we were offered was comparable with a Premier Inn - very plain and uninspiring, with worn carpet. We were also unaware that the rooms are not in the main hotel, so had to walk in the rain to get to our 'block'. Very disappointed. However, we were changed to a better room, which was more impressive, if a little dated. Didn't like that the pool and spa was in another building, which we had to walk the short way to in the rain.

The courtyard where our room was was very pretty. Great pool. Breakfast v good in beautiful dining room. Staff very welcoming and friendly. Main hotel very characterful.

Having to remind the staff at breakfast about coffee and toast

My husband and I were staying along with our son and his partner for a surprise 30th Birthday. We would definitely return as we enjoyed it all apart from on the second day my breakfast was undercooked and we had to ask for some of our items such as coffee and extra toast more than once.

Overall very good but starting to look tired. Owners need to be careful as it needs to be looked at. Carpets and furniture in the rooms looking tired in our room 70. Stained carpets. It’s a shame as the room size and outlooks are brilliant.

No air conditioning in bedroom, it was incredibly hot and uncomfortable at night. Reception staff not helpful in sympathising with this. Had to wait for a table to be seated for breakfast. Total lack of professionalism from staff at golf clubhouse / restaurant. They couldn’t locate the bar tab for my food after my meal and kept me waiting for ten minutes trying to locate my account. Very young staff here and not able to deliver a professional “pollished” service. The staff need to go on a “customer service” course and learn how to be more professional in their service delivery. Front of house staff at the spa were appaling. They couldn’t answer questions regarding spar treatments and directed me to look on their website for costs, saying they didn’t have a spar menu to give to guests. Some reception staff seem drinking from a travel bottle / flask at the spar counter whilst dealing with customers. Total unprofessional and lack of attention to detail.

Room was fantastic, great size and good location.

Not enough beds round pool in guest only area Members used this area so felt too busy with lots of kids Check in late even though requested early check in Great hotel just service a little off

Great facilities

Rats dancing in loft overhead in bedroom . Shower was not working properly . Welcome was of the Fawlty Towers variety . Probably too ambitious in many ways and the promise is huge but the delivery is a little short . The most " Nearly Perfect " place I have ever been .

Amazing Location 16 minutes from T5 Heathrow .Absolutely incredible and heaven of quiet and beauty . Easy to find easy to park total contrast with Heathrow and surrounding areas . Enormous rooms very well appointed .

Breakfast massively overpriced. Our room was very noisy and didn't get a good nights sleep. However, the receptionist was very understanding. The spa facilities were not connected either, meaning you had to walk outside with your dressing gown on.

TEAM GB Cycling team stayed there which is interesting.

• Suite

The 'suite' was an absolute rip off. The heating didn't work, and there was no duvet (just a weird thin sheet), so it was freezing. And the room clearly hadn't been updated since the mid-80's, so it was tatty and rather grim. The night staff were also rude.

Nothing all was good and made for a really good experience.

Good food very pleasant surroundings and good facilities. All amenties close together around the manor house as the hub.each room had an umbrella which came in very useful as the weather was very wet.

Towel warmer was broken, bath tap lever missing, replaced with a bolt by maintenance, also there are not enough hooks, rooms could do with a coat stand, games room had a broken video machine.

Breakfast was very good, children’s pool and soft play were great, rooms are large.

The rooms were very hot even though we turned the heating off. The bathrooms were modern and spacious although the rooms we stayed in could do with some updating. Could also do with some sunloungwrs around the indoor pool.

Very good value for money, lovely health club facilities and loved that we could access the fitness classes as hotel guests.

• Suite

Booked junior suite room was awful very dated very tatty changed rooms to a room 2 levels below which was a much nicer room didn’t like fact that a gratuity for The Manor was automatically added to my bill which I refused to pay I gave a gratuity to everybody who assisted us during stay very bad practice to add The Manor gratuity very underhanded

My wife liked the spa and staff very friendly

Loud radiator noise at midnight on and off for about an hour; impossible to sleep Also there was a wedding party in the same building, making loud noise for over an hour. We didn’t sleep that night

Good facility as it is shared as a community leisure centre Good room size and breakfast was good

Cleanliness of kids pool changing area wasn't as good as expected Very slow service in the lounge for lunch - kids left waiting 15 mins after adults were served. Also - beer tap seemed off as beer had very funny taste, when this was drawn to bar staff attention, received a very blunt response. Restaurant choice for children not great - meant we had to go off site, which was inconvenient.

Room and facilities great.

The room was very spacious and luxurious. The breakfast was delicious and they were able to offer gluten free options for me. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.

The clubhouse restaurant Nineteen was a real disappointment. We booked there for our evening meal as we wanted something a little more casual than fine dining but wish we'd eaten in the fine dining restaurant. When we arrived some of the tables hadn't been cleaned up - there were crisps scattered on one of the empty tables. Also, the young member of staff who met us at the door was quite unfriendly - he was also rather rude later in the evening when one of my friends asked him to close the door as it was cold. The food was very average and expensive for what it was - I had the burger which was clearly shop bought and the worst burger I've had in a long time. It was a real shame, given the location of the hotel it really does need a good alternative to the fine dining restaurant. An information folder in the room would have been very helpful.

Excellent facilities, nice big pool. The member of staff in charge of the clubhouse restaurant Nineteen was very friendly.

The Finnish sauna outside in the spa should have a water bucket and a ladle to make it an authentic Finnish sauna experience.

Excellent food and service throughout our stay. Really enjoyed the big rooms and the beautiful surroundings.

• Suite

Restaurant;over priced for what it was. room;suite was one of the nosiest rooms I’ve stayed in! Most of the kids club walk through the court yard!! The picture of the lovely manor is very misleading, it only accommodates meeting rooms, there are no rooms in the house. £400 for a one night stay feel very short changed!

Staff very good....helpful.

Went to use spa facilities. All treatments booked up when we arrived, noone advised us needed to do in advance. The hotel has (at most) twenty songs on the same loop on a play list. If I hear the sex and the city theme song or Alicia Keys New York never again I would be very happy. It could be a nice place but it wasn't for us. 2/10.

• Executive Double Room

We found the bar a little lacking in atmosphere but when we return in September we hope to be able to sit outside taking in the wonderful location.

We loved our suite accommodation, our dining experience in the Manor Restaurant & the location. Due to time of year we didn’t get to use outside facilities but are returning in September.

• Suite

Don't book the suite. It is dark and so poorly lit you cannot even read a newspaper or book. There is no view at all. We booked a junior suite and at the time of booking we specifically requested a quiet room as we came away for a rest. We were put next door to a young family whose crying children prevented us getting any sleep. We asked to be moved and were put in the deluxe suite the second night. There is a huge difference between the suite and the deluxe suite in terms of light, space and decor. We met other guests who were disappointed by their rooms. At £250 per night for the junior suite you would expect a much better standard. The deluxe suite is the only one worth booking and to their credit they moved us when we complained about the lack of sleep. But it could have been prevented by taking notice of our initial request and taking a little care with the room plan. There also seemed to be a problem with communication. There was no hotel information in the rooms. We only discovered by accident near the end of our stay that our stay included free use of the 9 hole gold course and the putting green. Apparently, we should have been told at check in. We were not given any information about the facilities. Also, when I arrived a couple of minutes early for a facial at the spa I was told off by the therapist for being 5 minutes late. I insisted (and later verified) I had been given a time of 12 by the staff who did the booking but the therapist didn't seem to believe me and said the 55 minute facial would be from 11:55. Only after I said I could then have the shorter 40 minute one if she was short of time she then begrudgingly said she would give me the full 55 minutes I had booked. It wasn't a very pleasant way to start what was supposed to be a treat. In addition, the pool was closed both days. We met three very disappointed guests who had come to stay there specifically for the pool.

Breakfast is very good indeed with a wide choice and lots of fresh fruit of excellent quality beautifully prepared. We used the club style grill room and it is ok for informal supper. We enjoy fine dining restaurants but we avoided the 'fine dining' restaurant here as the menu didn't appeal and it seems over priced to us.

The hotel was actually fine, but 2 weeks after our stay the amount blocked on my credit card when checking in is still blocked, which let to quite some problems with payments, etc. After calling the hotel multiple times (and twice actually managing to actually speak with someone) and promises that it will get sorted out - nothing! So unless you have unlimited funds on your credit card, i would not advise it!

All good

Fantastic place, great location, love the bar and restaurants and the rooms a are large and comfortable. The spa was good but not excellent however, it met expectation. Its just I have experience better.

The beds should have duvets, not sheets and blankets

The whole atmosphere is so tranquil! Loved being able to walk from my room to the spa in the robes! And loved the outdoor jacuzzi!

We were welcomed by some great staff that interacted with us so well and the room was lovely set to the period of the house and had thought of every little detail a woman would of wanted in the bathroom

Some staff were absolutely appalling (I have names and would be happy to explain if management wish to contact me.) Also, an overall "high end" image was heavily portayed, which in such a beautiful setting I would expect nothing less - however, the fine details were missing. (Again, id love to speak to management with my suggestions for improvement, I have photos to accompany.)

Bar manager at the manor was exceptionally knowledgeable. Lovely room. Spa had excellent facilities, it was clean in all areas and staff were incredibly welcoming.

• Executive Twin Room

Not a complaint as such but don't go expecting a wowee spa. The pool area is very nice but there isn't a vast array of baths/saunas/hydrotherapy pools etc- just a jacuzzi attached to the pool and a sauna. I would have liked a relaxation room/loungers to read a book on but there are only a couple which were always full. It's great if a spa isn't the main objective of your trip. We went in March but I can imagine the hotel is great in the summer where you can enjoy the grounds and the outdoor pool area.

Beautiful grounds and very friendly and helpful staff. The room we had was fairly newly decorated with a very large bathroom. Great facilities for kids. Our meal in the Manor was excellent.

The outside jacuzzi had to be closed and we were asked to get out :-( our room didn’t have a duvet in it but our friends room did. We didn’t have hot water in our room on the first evening of our arrival.

Breakfast was fantastic. Rooms were large and comfortable. Facilities were great. Main building was breathtaking and the setting was just lovely in the snow.

Our spa treatments were cancelled last minute but as compensation the spa offered to pay for our dinner and wine that evening, plus the golf shop gave us free club hire and tokens to have a go at the range so we had a lovely time anyway. Only other downside was the quality of the dinner at the 19 restaurant - my other half's fish and chips were too greasy and tasted like stale oil while the meat in my steak pie was pretty gristly.

Excellent spa facilities, plus staff let us order champagne to the Jacuzzi. The Manor Restaurant was delicious - breakfast was very tasty and the 6-course tasting menu with paired wine was highly memorable (especially the salmon course!).

It was a shame that we had to walk from our room to the main house. Probably, wouldn't have minded in the summer but it was late February and below freezing.

Beautiful setting with a lovely spa with outdoor panoramas. Room was spacious with a separate sitting area.

Shower and TV remote not working properly. Car parking spaces are far too narrow for modern cars. Felt like a supermarket car park not a prestigious venue car park. Our private dining dinner party for 12, service was slow and food was very average, I am glad I wasn't paying the bill. Definitely wouldn't bother to go back or recommend.

Location was good for all the party traveling from Surrey and Hampshire. Breakfast was good.

In the bedroom, the cover had a lot of long black hairs on the underside of it. In the corridor of the nineteen the cleaner had left a plug connected to socket right across the floor, a tight wire. Accident waiting to happen, we had to warn a few people of it. Outside swimming pool empty should of had a surround to cordon it off from children.

Breakfast had everything you could want, lots of fresh fruit yogurt cereal pastries and then of course full English. Bacon was a bit dried up, think that was from the day before. But the poached eggs were wonderful.

• Executive Double Room

very cold bathroom with an odd layout as you could not get close to the mirror and the lighting was poor. Although it was one of the newly refurbished rooms it was already showing signs of ware and tear so more regular maintenance should be prioritized. need some signs up outside around the bedroom suites saying quiet at night as lots of noisy revealers returning to their rooms late at night with no respect for those trying to sleep. perhaps because it was outside and not a hotel corridor they thought it was ok to shout and scream. Some double glazing on he bathroom might have helped with the noise and the cold.

very comfy room nice to have a proper carton of milk and nice array of teas and real coffee cafeteire Nice big telly and good channel selection beautiful grounds excellent golf course and tennis facilities.

The only complaint I’ve got is that we didn’t have any hot water. And when we informed the staff they said it had been sorted. However when I had a shower in the morning it still was only luke warm.

The room was absolutely stunning. You couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. The breakfast was superb so much choice. I could not compliment the staff enough absolutely fabulous service.

The massage that my partner booked which was £72 for the hour lasted only 30/40minutes and during that time the masseuse continually spoke and didn’t allow my partner to relax not happy

Nothing we would think of.

The golf courses make it a very beautiful site, although we are not golfers we were inspired to perhaps get lessons and have a go.

• Executive Double Room

As soon as we got into our room we was sorting ourselves out and my girlfriend was getting changed as a maid stormed through the door saying nothing and came in then went out again after leaving slippers

It was very clean and the staff where very helpful with everything

The lack of food choice in restaurants for people with dietary requirements e.g. vegan diet, gluten and dairy intolerant. The menu was not clear which products had contained gluten or dairy.

The grounds are beautiful, lots to do, amazing jacuzzi and we both felt very relaxed

Room had underfloor heating which meant it took a while for thermostat to update so our room was really hot

Full use of leisure facilities included in price

We had the tasting menu with wines. The pino Grigio and Chablis were both a bit ‘bland’. The Malbec and red muscat were both excellent I’m glad to say!!

We had the tasting menu. Excellent service very friendly and helpful staff. The food was Also excellent!

I was disappointed that the large double bed that I’d booked was just two single beds pushed together, they weren’t very comfortable because of the huge dip between the two beds. For the price we paid, I would have expected an actual double bed.

The breakfast was wonderful, beautiful setting and so delicious. The spa facilities were great, especially enjoyed the outdoor hot tub!

Nothing major... just my wife found it annoying that the music was too quiet during the dinner, so people at nearby tables could hear us and we could hear them.

Staff very professional and pleasant. Room large, spotlessly clean, large bathroom, bed very comfortable too. No creaky floorboards, and sound insulation was good. A well appointed room, with a large bed, settee, etc. We stayed in one of the purpose built outbuildings, which were just a two minute walk from the main reception. We used the Spa facilities, my wife was impressed with the pool, sauna, jacuzzi, and also the facial treatment that I booked for her as a Valentine's treat. Have stayed here before on business, this was a first romantic getaway to Foxhills, and will definitely not be the last! Oh, the room even had an umbrella, that proved handy in walking back to the main building for a romantic dinner. I travel around the world for a living, staying for over 200 nights a year in 5 star hotels, and this is just as good as the best out there, but with a touch of class. Thank you Foxhills, keep it up.

Room was dated and wasn't the cleanest. Could do with an extra clean and decoration.

Staff were helpful and nice. The grounds itself are very pretty and spa was lovely. Breakfast was really nice and so was the food in the restaurant. However, as you expect you do pay enough for it.

The reservation staff failed to mention that the rooms were not in the main house. That there was no direct access to the spa. The room itself (66) was very average and a little tired. Certain staff were helpful, many were not and quite rude when asked for help or anything beyond what they intended to do. The dinner was pleasant but not as special as I would have liked and the birthday plate, arrived after the coffee and chocolates so could not be enjoyed. The spa, did not return any calls until after we had left!

The surroundings where Foxhills sit, is stunning. Certain staff were very helpful. The breakfast was highly enjoyable.

• Executive Twin Room

No dairy alternative which isn't great if you can't drink milk. coffee not so great.

Like the breakfast room. Breakfast lovely. Smoked salmon was great. Fruit good. Went out of their way to help when room service missed out some of the ingredients. Would stay again.

• Executive Double Room

Deluxe executive room did not live up to expectations- fixtures missing- windows didn’t close properly so was very cold all night

Loved the main house and treatments in the spa

Had to ask for milk, none in fridge. Did not like the fact that whatever you need to do you have to leave the building, which is not nice if the weather isn't good

the room was very spacious and very nice and warm, which was excellent

Have visited Foxhills a number of times for both business and pleasure. The hotel is like a resort and fully recommend it for families in the summer. Staff are all lovely and the indoor spa/pool area is wonderful.

We stayed 3 nights for my Mother in Laws 92nd birthday and I have to say throughout our stay all of the staff from reception, to the housekeeping to the restaurant staff were attentive and pre empted everything we needed. I would definitely recommend this hotel - just a note of caution, if you're initially given an old fashioned room, just ask at reception and for a nominal amount you can have a brand new refurbished room. The whole experience from beginning to end was exceptional

Browse Foxhills traveller photo gallery