Reviews of Gables Bed and Breakfast 3 stars

6.2

5.6

6.2

6.1

Basic, serves a purpose for a cheap one night airport stop over.
    • Family Room

Would have been nice to have availability of a fan during hot weather. Broken shower hose to be replaced, did not work at all due to big split on the hose.

Proximity to airport. Staff friendly and accommodating, providing us with fresh milk for hot drinks.

Value For Money

Nothing in particular....late night reception maybe but I don't think it bother you as much

Value for money, close to airport. Take x1 to cargo terminal and walk back 10 min. Instead of sleeping at the Airport, you can sleep in bed comfortably

Good value for money

I had a really good night sleep here. The bed was clean & cmfy and the bedding stuff crispy. The room has a kettle instant coffee and tea. Bathroom has towels and toiletries. the staff was really helpful. The B&B has located really close to the airport to N.E.C and the National motorcycle museum. It has an easy access the M42 motorway. It also has a large free private car park.

Cheap and basic, still value for money, considering the area

No TV remote so couldn’t watch TV. Room was next to the main road so still quite noisy even with the windows closed. Bathroom could have been a bit cleaner. There was a dead Daddy Long Leg in there.

Friendly staff, especially because I didn’t check in till 10 pm. Room close to exit which was very sensible as I had to leave at 5 am and staff had instructions for me as to how to leave without needing anyone else up.

The peace and quiet.

Had to make drink by putting the kettle on the floor, had to ask for milk and you couldn't use the mirror as it was behind the tv.

The peace and quiet.

Uneasy

Shower did not work and bathroom generally not clean. Also found it very uncomfortable going across the road to another building, through the restaurant and then up what seemed a private stairway to get to my room. A separate entrance would benefit I think.

Friendly staff and parking was good

it wasnt very pleasant

The room wasn't very clean and I couldn't sleep due to the smoke. It didn't state on the website that it was a smoking room. My girlfriend didn't sleep a wink and she wanted to leave as early as possible. Which was very early.

Not much

I had a lovely stay in a great location.

Room could be cleaner. I could feel a smell of sewers some point in the evening.

Great location. Easy to get in and out of the airport. Staff is very friendly and helpful. There's 24/7 family diner just next door.

would not stay again there are

shower cubicle dirty with mould , raditors dirty as were walls , we booked for 2 nights but only stop for one hotel is next to a busy road and end of runway only a field away so noisey breakfast if you want it it is continental no other food or bar 2 hotels just down the road holiday inn and travel lodge which would have been better which have a better window system

location to NEC taxi to NEC is £10 for about 3 miles friendly firm

Very good would definitely go again

Some of the furnishings were tired/damaged and although everything important (bedding, shower and restaurant) was very clean the less important things (windowsills, shelves, carpets) could have been cleaner

The family run business staff/owners and the food were exceptional. Exactly what I needed and so close to the airport

Ok for a night away on business

The location was a bit strange, in the middle of the countryside but on top of the main roads.. windows did not keep out the sound of traffic! The room didn’t feel or seem like it was cleaned to a very high standard.

The bed was super comfy, had a lovely sleep although it squeaked every time I moved! The gentleman that greeted me and showed me to my room was nice and friendly.

Friendly on arriving

Tea and coffee was set up in the room however they had no milk. Went to ask to be given a cup of milk. Said we were leaving at 2am due to our flight and asked if we could have milk for then as the cup of milk would be be able to be kept fresh. Was promised they would bring some up never did.

Friendly on arriving

I liked nothing about it

Sockets coming away from wall Soap dish full of muck. Had to press the kettle down to make it work. Bed uncomfortable and cheap mattress could feel springs. Reception a mess Over priced for room only Over priced continental breakfast. Would rate it 1 out of 5

I liked nothing about it

We read the reviews and we got what we expected. OK for one night.The guy on reception was welcoming

It is very noisy due to broken seal on window so could not shut so it was like being on the runway with the planes

Location for airport excellent Rooms dated and a bit shabby We was greeted with a warm welcome Just remember you get what you pay for

Great place to stay - convenient for airport and NEC.

I liked it all but some advice for people booking online; 1 - This is right next to the airport although it won't affect you in your room, it's soundproofed.. 2 - If going to the NEC do not take the first signed exit, it is the LOOOOONG way round, take the second, the roundabout, and get straight there.

It's a nice, friendly functional hotel in a very convenient location for the NEC and for the Airport. Adnan's restaurant serves a small range of (mainly Indian) food but it is very tasty, a pleasant surprise.

Not much really.

Very unwelcoming. Basic. Breakfast wasn't included in price, didn't have that. Felt unsafe, placed chair in front of door. Not great location for NEC unless you have a car.

Not much really. Fairly clean I suppose. Lots of car parking if you have a car.

Very good value for money ,

There was nothing to dislike in this very friendly motel .

I was very happy with my room and the bed so comfy I was hoping I would wake to catch my flight back home the next day , the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The breakfast was great, a very good selection of cereals , juices, yogurts which I enjoyed with toast and a selection of jams and marmalade , you could ask for almost anything and very good value . The restaurant next door offered a great selection of Indian food and Adnans special is really wonderful , thank you so very much.

Overall good but not recommended for people looking for nighr life and shopping.

Beds not done for the next day. Limited choice of breakfast. Omelet not available. Toilet seat moving.> Leaking shower pipe.Door locked at night and difficult to come ot early morning. Remote place.

Hotel was generally clean and restaurant food was excelent.

A dirty, and uncomfortable stay that was uniquely underwhelming

Despite having pre-booked we had to wait to be let in as there was nobody in when we arrived. The breakfast was an additional £7.95 for continental only and the rooms were small and dirty. The mattress was uncomfortable and the bathroom was grimy with a very weak shower that at one point didn't even work. The dirty soap dishes and glass in the bathroom was particularly disgusting for a hotel.

The grounds were lovely. Beautiful garden and the building itself was very picturesque.

gables b&b
    • Family Room

we payed for a room with 2 double beds..only had 1 dbl and 1 single..breakfast wasnt included in price and they didnt do a full english if you wanted to pay extra £7.99 for cereal and toast..light fitting in ceiling was hanging out..bathroom door didnt close properly unless you slammed it very hard..pillows were like pancakes..only 1 electric socket for a family room

location to genting arena was good

Good value for money.

The sheets were clean but had a couple of small holes in them. The tea cups were a bit dirty.

Good value for money. It was only £35 so my expectations weren't high. It was clean and comfortable. The host was very nice and booked a taxi for me for the morning.

Great place to stay overnight after/before a flight

The staff of the hostel were great. Even though I arrived late in the night, there was no problem with the check-in. They told me that they would wait for me and I didn't need to worry about it. They were very kind and helped me with booking my taxi for the next day. Best value.

Eventful!
    • Family Room

The fact we only booked one night!

Great room, great bargain, great staff! Great Indian next door too that’s family owned! Great little stay and felt very at home! Read reviews saying room would be noisy due to the road nearby - we didn’t hear a thing! Beds incredibly comfy and if ever in Solihull ever again we would definitely stay here!

Never use this place if you need a single room.

No tea or coffee facilities, room wasn't in main building but in a different building above a kebab shop and Indian restaurant, all I heard till 3.30am was the extraction fan, staff talking and the door slamming shut. The shower head was wedged behind the holder as it was broken.

Read all the reviews first

The traffic noise from main road was awful worst 2 nights sleep I have ever had. Also you could hear people walking through the creaky corridor and people downstairs in the restaurant talking and listen to music

The parking was ok I felt safe knowing my car would be ok.

Good price for a shower and a bed. Close to the airport.

Had an issue with the toilet however it was quickly taken care of, so nothing that I really didn't like

It was easily accessible to the local bus stop.

There is not one thing I could write in here.
    • Family Room

I paid £100 a night for 2 nights for a family room in a bed and breakfast....which when I arrived I was told does not include breakfast. The room was tiny, the beds we're terribly uncomfortable, I left with a back ache after the first night and went home the next day as it was so painful, so had paid £200 for 1 night and a backache.Every thing in the room was on it's last legs. The shower wouldn't stay on the holder so I had to hold it myself to shower. There was dirt and dust in every corner. There was a kettle with tea and coffee but the tea was just a normal tea bag sat out with no wrapper. The TV was on a shelf just below the ceiling and was tiny, it looked very unsightly with wires all over the place. I would not recommend this place unless you had nowhere else to go and they let you stay for free.

There is not one thing I could write in here.

Good value for money

Nothing really , I was only there for one night and it did the job , good value for money.

I left before breakfast so can't comment on that, but the room was clean and comfy and an early morning taxi was booked for my trip to the airport which only cost £5 as I shared with another traveller .

Convenient overnight stay for Birmingham airport, which is beside the A45 minutes from the motorway

We had to leave at 5am and therefore did not have breakfast. We had a great welcome from owner and his wife and the Gables provides a very convenient overnight stop for early flights out of Birmingham

Cheap but lack of sleep and no cooked breafast.

I booked well in advance but was moved 'Over the road' to a room above an Indian Restaurant. Voices and kitchen noise till gone 2.30 each night. No kettle in room. Right on A45 opposite airport so more noise at night.

Close to NEC plenty of parking

Great location (for NEC), terrible smell in the room, noisy staff during the night, could be cleaner

My room was literally above an Indian kitchen. Terrible, terrible and strong food smell coming from below (fried fish etc.) - also at 2/3am the staff started talking loudly with each other, slamming doors, keeping me awake for a long time. My luggage still smells like fish from those 2 nights... Why would you even do that? You are hosting well-paying customers, at least shut up during the night! Breakfast was to be paid as an extra, even if it's called "bed and breakfast"!

Location was very good and close to NEC/Airport. Staff was friendly.

Perfectly fine for my needs

Two pillows would have been appreciated, not just a single thin one

Not that easy to find the Gables, but perfectly fine for my needs when I arrived, which was just a comfortable bed and a pot of tea to hand in the room, for a brief overnight stay.

The bedroom was over the restaurant and kitchen.

The bedroom was over the restaurant and kitchen. The restaurant was open to noisy diners until 3.00am and the kitchen had noisy machinery (deep freeze? air con?) which went off with a roar every 15 minutes or so. Result: no sleep!

Perfect for short stays and location for NEC tremendous . Food to die for....Adnans

Small room ,needs refurbing ideally ,no bar !

Owners are so friendly and helpful - new restaurant next door - Adnans - food is out of this world - would definiteley return for more .

Awful
    • Family Room

Although for business, we had to book a family room at the last minute. The room was filthy, there were only two towels and one hand towel for 3 guests, one of the towels had a soiled mark on it. There was mould in the bathroom and on the window edges. The soap was out of date, how, I don't know but it was?? The blinds were broken so they didn't close properly, the sheets came away from the edges drastically, as soon as you sat on the bed, there were no mattress protectors and the toilet seat was coming off. There was one double plug socket in the whole room. The décor was tired, however you can excuse that for the money they charge, although the carpet nearly trip one of us up. The cleanliness was outrageous and so was the customer service we received when we constructively brought the issues to their attention. Apparently, this was one of the good rooms, God help the customers staying in the bad rooms!? One of our party left the room during the evening it was so bad, to sleep in their van, however the two other members of the party had no option but to stay there the night. Although it was a non smoking room, the room stunk of smoke as we entered. Some of the issues may sound petty, however I would serve this place completely!!!!

Didnt like fact it’s Advertised as a Bed& Breakfast,...

Didnt like fact it’s Advertised as a Bed& Breakfast, when we got there we was told , they don’t do Breakfast anymore , poor that I thought , wouldn’t have booked it if i’d Know 🤨

Nice curry

Staying the night above the door of a late night Indian takeaway that closes at 3am !!!!!!. Next to probably the busiest road in the world the cars are so close to the window, that when a larger vehicle passes. The blinds on the window move in and out!!!!!!! This was not what I expected when booking this hotel

Nice curry

Not suitable to be a B&B.

Read above.

Nothing. Heating wasn’t working. Door lock was not working safely. The noise level from banging doors late at night. The noise was unacceptable. No proper check in welcome. Wasn’t told breakfast is. It included. I only stayed as an emergency last minute. Won’t stay there ever again or recommend set it.

Tiny room unsuitable to work in.

Tiny room unsuitable to work in. Grotty bathroom Right under flight path of airport (airport fence is only 50m across dual carriageway) Restaurant facilities very limited.

Creepy management

Dodgy place

Not sure if I landed at the right place becoz there were no sign boards and the manager/person on phone was a ghost. I was given a room in Adnan restaurant/motel/B&B. No hot water, knocked by door twice late night although I was leaving at 4:30am. I wouldn't go again even for 6hrs for night halt although very convenient location for airport

Nothing would never use again

Noise both traffic airplanes and other guests So unable to leave window open at night No plug in sink in one room No door on toilet in other room Breakfast offer extra at nearly £8 too expensive for continental , the only option Beds no mattress cover sheets not tucked in properly .

Nothing would never use again

The firm comfortable bed was great for a good night's...

It was advertised as old damson lane but saying that to bus drivers they take you miles away to damson lane. Better if I had known to take the bus to the Coventry Road stop.

The firm comfortable bed was great for a good night's sleep. The staff was very friendly.

Very miserable and extremely disappointing

Room was cold very cold no extra blankets no spare pillows my husband needs extra pillows to sit up to sleep bed was up against window so there was a drought heater was small electric and was on ?timer as it continually turned off unable to change this we arrived at 10 pm it was too late to get assistance room smelt of stale smoke we could not get warm and although extremely tired we had just come off a long haul flight from Australia we had to leave at 2 am and head for home as my husband was suffering badly with his chest from the cold and began suffering severe breathlessness

Didn't have breakfast

Very pleasant.

The B+B was old and run down.

The staff were really lovely and the location was great as we were visiting the NEC however the overall feel of the place was shabby and run down although clean.

Good enough for short night before catching an early flight

Room was the size of a post stamp (after making 1 step into the room, it took 1 step left to reach a bed / 1 step right to enter a bathroom). Room's location behind reception area was a bit weird. Be aware that it is B&B only in name as they do not serve breakfast at all.

Located in close proximity of the Birmingham International Airport. There is a quite big car park in front of the building.

Reviews on Tripadvisor were accurate. I totally regret relying on booking.com’s recommendation.

Shabby, poky, noisy (not the proximity to airport as one might expect but the noise from A45 just outside - no double glazing at all), no plug in basin, tv kept tuning out, mould in shower cubicle. No idea on quality of shower or water heat as decided against taking a shower at all because of overall quality of room, just wanted to get away as soon as possible.

Close to airport and bus to access airport

A night just as anticipated at the budget price paid

The road noise was not too excessive in my room, but the double glazing made little difference.

I was advised on arrival at the B&B,that continental breakfast was an additional cost and had to be ordered? I did not partake!

Dissatisfied.

The room was very small and extremely difficult to relax in. This is the second time we’ve stayed there and thought it was small the first time but we paid a lot less. This time it was more expensive. We will not be staying there again.

staff helpful and friendly. reasonably priced.

Stairs to rooms a little awkward. Not suitable for those with mobility difficulties. Main building looked as it had suitable rooms.

Near to NEC. Room was above an Indian restaurant.

Dreadful and no breakfast

Nobreakfast - handed an Indian take away menu and advised we could get it there if we paid. Shabby furniture. Shabby room. Awful location. Lobby smelt of take away food. Worse place I have ever stayed- saving grace was that it was clean or else I would have left rather than check in

Location to nec

The entire building .....smelt of Indian food....dont get me wrong I love Indian food but I don't want to go out later and have my clothes smelling of it..... I wasn't expecting a lot for £49 a night but at least expect the property to be clean very very tired Building and decor could be a little gold mine if they spent some money on the property as situated for the NEC perfectly

Location to nec

Grotty and unkempt, paper thin walls and poorly cleaned.

The hotel room was really quite dirty and I'm not just talking a bit of dust. There was a cigarette butt in the toilet and toothpaste residue on the sink from previous occupants. Despite being advertised as a bed and breakfast, we were told we wouldn't not be able to eat at the hotel and would have to use the Indian restaurant next door which was no use to me due to food allergies. The walls between rooms were so thin we could hear the guy in the next room farting and humming constantly (not that I blame the hotel for that! There were two plug points in the room, a single one behind one of the beds and a double near the toilet door.the kettle was situated between the two beds and I had to move it in front of the bathroom door and into the floor to be able to plug it in. As for the bathroom door, it had no lock and didn't even shut properly which was a real problem the first night as I have ulcerative colitis and had a major flare up, all of which was uncomfortably obvious to the person I was room sharing with as I couldn't shut the toilet door. The bathroom window also isn't frosted which I didn't realise until the following morning having had the light on and had a shower in full view of the garden. I didn't think to check that the bathroom window might not be opaque so that is my own fault. The place is extremely run down and tired and was very expensive considering it's condition and lack of comfort. I've stayed in much nicer venues in Solihull and Knowle for less money. Needless to say, I'll not be staying there again. I thank the staff for their politeness and was glad to see the back of the place when we left.

The staff were pleasant and helpful and the only saving grace of this hotel.

Ok to stay for one night sleep only.

There were no shower/ toilet accessories! No soap or hand gels! No one at reception at night or early morning. Carpet was not clean. TV remote was unclean.

Value for money. Ok to stay for one night.

sleepless

Needed triple glazing and black out blinds, as the road noise and plane noise from the airport was so loud. I have stayed here before and the noise levels were ok. It's the rooms nearest and overlooking the dual carriageway that are loud.

close to the NEC & Free Parking

Regrettable and never to be repeated...EVER

Everything, PLEASE spend some money on the rooms - you surely must be sick of all the negative feed-back or maybe, just maybe you don't care!

Absolutely nothing at all, a thoroughly loathsome experience which shouldn't be inflicted on anyone. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was broken in the room - even the handle was missing from the window so it wouldn't fully close which wouldn't normally be a problem but as the room faced a busy 4 lane motorway and Birmingham International Airport it did help to keep me awake for most of the night assisted by the mattress was very uncomfortable indeed and I suspect was reclaimed from fly tippers on the approaching heavily potholed and unlit track to the property which we promptly named 'Carjack' lane..... the bed needed a good session with an Allen Key to stop motion sickness and you could clearly hear people on their phones in neighbouring rooms but It was marginally better than sleeping in the car (which I did seriously consider doing during the long, long night) Oh, and the TV was unwatchable as well, the radiator was on full blast and couldn't be turned down so I had to sleep on top of the bed to stop melting away. I did find the Wi-fi code on the side of a dilapidated locker near the door after a few hours , not sure why it wasn't in clear view. Apart from that it was a great night!!

Local NEC improve the double glazing and add curtains would help hugely with this location.

My room was clean looking over the car park. I only had broken blinds to cover my room at night no curtains. The room was so noisy with the constant noise of the dual carriageway and the runway for the airport just opposite the whole side of the building needs upgraded double glazing. Terrible sleep. Also at 0300hrs we had somebody banging on the front door as they couldn’t get in. This was directly below my room 10 and once again was woken up😂

Whilst having the food in a completely different building would not be good for some families it was Ok for me. I had my evening meal and breakfast their and was impressed with the food and the politeness of the staff

Me, my partner and a friend booked the hotel as it was close...

Me, my partner and a friend booked the hotel as it was close to the Genting Arena for a concert, my partner decided that she wasn’t very well and stopped at the hotel while me and my friend went in, while we was at the concert we received a text message from her saying that the manger or a staff members had walked into her room just as she was about to take a shower now the door was locked from the inside but the staff member just left himself in, now my partner wasn’t being disturbing to to other guests she was just in bed watching telly and decided to take a shower, so there was no reason for the staff members to just let himself in. Overall I wouldn’t stop here again as it made us all really uncomfortable and we barricade the door when we returned from the concert.

Friendly, Warm, Comfortable, good location but Breakfast is offsite

when we arrived there were a couple of men chatting, I think maybe one was the owner the other man was swearing an awful lot, I think they need to be more aware of guests arriving and tone it down. I appreciate that on the website it does say breakfast is offsite. I think it would be nice if they offered breakfast even if it is a Continental breakfast, we didn't fancy a walk across the road in the cold weather as it was snowing

The owner was very welcoming and friendly, ordered us a taxi to the venue, the room was lovely and warm, hot water and very quite considering they were fully booked, would defiantly stay here again. Really good value, really nice loaction

Good value for Mahoney

Would have liked a cooked breakfast on site.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Got us a taxi in the snow within 5 mins when other companies said over an hour wait.

the outside building is attractive. once inside everything is different. really disappointed.

the room was dirty, the cup and saucer were welded together with stale coffee. clearly the place isn't clean. the bed was shocking. the bathroom had plenty of either dirty parts or broken - handrail, shower door, shower unit, the carpet runner between bathroom and bedroom was broken and i tripped twice. the TV was so old it was hardly working. this is by far the roughest place i have stayed ever in a b&B - ps, this is advertised as b&b but when email comes through you realise you have to pay extra for breakfast which i instantly decided not to do. my friend was in another room which had no curtains, and the window was broken so the owner simply stuffed a towel into the gap to stop the very cold wind whistling in this is not how guest houses should be run

the location and the car park

Really bad. Never stayed in one so bad. Never again. Would have slept in car if I'd driven there.

First night - room had no kettle, cups, coffee/ tea etc, not even a glass to drink water. Room located in adjacent building to main hotel, accessed via 24 hour Indian takeaway. Room was directly over this takeaway and extremely noisy - takeaway's front door banging constantly, orders being taken - the walls were that thin - banging, chopping, washing, etc of commercial kitchen. NO SLEEP all night. In morning I asked to move room. This one, ground floor in hotel building, was very dirty, shower mouldy, even soap dish had mould! Very cold due to windows not fitting. But did get a kettle!

Staff were friendly, and when I asked to change room they accommodated this without question. Free car park if needed.

Awful

It was dirty. The bed was uncomfortable. The toilet seat was broken. There was a shower curtain (I had shower curtains) and it had frogs on????? And it was dirty. The towels were old and threadbare. There were no shelves 15min the bathroom. The one tiny glass one over the sink was slanted so nothing stayed on. The toilet paper was cheap. The floor in the bathroom was wood?????? So of course over time of getting wet it now smells. So the bathroom has a constant musty damp smell. The tv was on the window sill?????? There was no remote and when I enquired they said someone stole it. My thought (I should have said it) was and is that my fault? There were dirty curtains in the window. The whole entrance smelt of curry?????? There was papers everywhere. And I could go on.........

The water pressure was good

only stayed one night as snow storm forced us to change travel plans

Very noisy, no double glazing. Room very small, double bed pushed up against wall. Sheets did not fit the bed (too small)

it was close to our chosen airport parking, which was the only reason we chose this hotel The sheets and towels were clean, crisp and white

No support for shower head.

No support for shower head. When this was mentioned, the shower head was sellotaped up. It was promised that this would be fixed the next day, but it didn't happen. Tiles fell off the shower. Room is so small they removed the door to the bathroom.

Adequate, but check terms of booking

Room was above a 24 hour cafe/curry shop so room stank of curry, not a pleasant smell to try and fall asleep to. On booking it appeared that breakfast was included, but as told on arrival that would have to buy from cafe.

Staff were friendly and bed was adequately comfortable. Good location.

Bed clean and comfortable.

Clean but shabby. Proprietor had indifferent attitude. Bathroom had no door. Smell of stale cigarette smoke in room. Was told continental breakfast was available in adjoining cafe for £7 but in fact it was £7.95. Thought accommodation was overpriced for what was on offer.

Bed clean and comfortable. Guy in adjoining cafe very pleasant and helpful.

I can only say it was only for one night as we only booked it because of the weather.

We booked a twin room and was taken to room 13 it was small with two single beds and no other room to move. The TV was a 14 to 16" and was on a wall stand fixed about 12" from the ceiling so the only way we could look at it was to put our case on a chair and take the TV from the stand and put on our case. The en-suite needs to be updated as the fixings must be from the 60s. All the room is in need of updating.

Will not go there again

Room very noisy from motorway/airport. Double glazing noise insulation ineffective. Shower fixing loose on wall , frightened to use it. Sheet directly on mattress , making bed uncomfortable. Service not with a smile. As a frequent Booking.com traveller this is by far the worst experience I have had with their Hotels.

Close to NEC , £ 10 taxi fare.

The shower wasn’t fitted to the wall correctly and fell onto...

The shower wasn’t fitted to the wall correctly and fell onto my head during a shower! There was no lamps in the room- only the main light which was annoying to have that or pitch black- no in between. The bed was awful and there was no extra pillows available. It also smelt of chlorine in the room which was unpleasant.

Disgusting dump

I can't honestly believe this place is in business and I can't believe that you allow it on your website. The road noise and ill fitting windows make it impossible to sleep. The inadequate window covering means headlights are flashing in the room all night. It's scruffy, cramped, uncomfortable and with a broken radiator stuck on full blast was stiflingly hot. I am exhausted from two sleepless nights and furious that I paid £138 to stay in this hovel.

I will not book Gables again. It was bad experience.

My cup and glass were dirty and doesnt need much to just wash. Towels were just thrown on bed, no matress cover. Bed not very clean. Room cold with heaters not safe to have on throught night. Radiator not working. Toilet was not clean with stains on seat and inside chamber. Wifi not effcient for me to do any work as it was work trip.

The building needs mordenisation, my bed was so uncomfy, my room was freezing cold and not very clean.

Glad to leave and forget.

Shower ran out of hot water Mould in shower room (edge sealant) Drains very slow Mattress thin and poor Door lock did not appear secure when locked Desk+chair height made working on laptop awkward

Wi-fi was OK and adequately communicated

Ideal for airport.

Very small room for 2 people to boil the kettle you had to put on the floor,no chairs had to sit on the bed. And not enough tea and milk.

Was warm after turning the radiator on

Absolutely nothing

The rooms, towels are hand towels, doesn't serve breakfast yet advertised as Bed and Breakfast, found packets of condoms in bedside cabinet, tv ariel kept falling out socket, shower cubicles way too small no room to move once doors closed,

Absolutely nothing

Basic accommodation in a great ,location for Birmingham airport and NEC

Beds weren't made. Glasses weren't washed. Basic continental breakfast was expensive and there shouldn't be a charge as it's a B&B! Room was small.

The family owned the next door restaurant where the staff were really friendly and the food good and very reasonably priced.

Browse Gables Bed and Breakfast traveller photo gallery