2. UK hotel reviews
  3. West Midlands hotel reviews
  4. Bickenhill hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Gables Bed and Breakfast

Reviews of Gables Bed and Breakfast This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Old Damson Lane, Bickenhill, B92 9ED, United Kingdom

#18 of 18 hotels in Bickenhill

6.2

5.5

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

Fair

The windows faced a busy road and because the windows were not double glazed l could hear the traffic all night and therefore did not sleep at all.

It's accessibility to the airport it had Wi-Fi

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

Good value, clean and on the doorstep of the airport.

They had obviously made a lovely curry for tea but we didn’t get an invite 😂

Good value, clean and on the doorstep of the airport. They also can store your car for a reasonable price and take you to the airport.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

Amazing staff!

The TV and internet weren't the best. I had a twin bed room, so it was, of course, smaller.

The staff was amazing! When my idiot uber driver got lost, I had to repeatedly keep calling them for directions. They were very sweet, and helped get me there. Then when I showed up crying, the woman at the front desk was very kind.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

The 1 member of staff that I seen during my stay was very...

The bath was dirty around the sides and there was hair in the plughole which was brick hard. Wallpaper was hanging off the walls at various places throughout. Important paperwork, invoices and general mail was lying around in full view for all customers to read. The walls were incredibly thin, hearing everything that went on. The windows need resealed as a draft was coming in and the blinds were damaged. The bed was not that comfortable and there was food stuck to one of the quilt covers in the twin room I was in. The door handle was loose and nearly came off in my hand.

The 1 member of staff that I seen during my stay was very polite. The continental breakfast on offer was definitely worth the money. Good selection. Check in and sign out was very quick and straightforward.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

It was clear that I made a mistake for a double booking and...

It was clear that I made a mistake for a double booking and you refused to refund me despite having cancelled one booking within 3 minutes before the banking transaction could even go through. I couldn't even sleep due to the sexual noise from the next room

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Cheap, close to airport, but I have decided not to stay again. Try the Quality inn Coventry.

Room absolutely freezing on entry because the windows were wide open. Reason, the room stank of cigarette smoke. It stank for my whole three night stay. TV did not work due to bad reception. Had to move the bed in order to access my bed side light switch. Bed was heavy. With kettle sat on its shelf, the lead did not reach the plug. Only one pillow on the bed. There was a small red cushion to complement it, but how often is this laundered? Bathroom not spotless. The rooms facing the A45 are very noisy due to the traffic. The whole interior of the building always smells very strongly of spices.

Cheap, but not always, depends on how busy the NEC is. Very close to the airport physically. Free parking. Shower small, but good flow and plenty of hot water.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

You get what you pay for. For £25, I got a room and bathroom to myself, but in a fairly grim state.

The cleanliness/hygiene was fairly grim overall. Out of the long list, the most noticeable factor was the vile (who knows what) stains on the tablecloth and towel provided. This was accompanied by a nasty, damp kind of smell throughout the room. I decided to sleep fully clothed as I couldn't dare to trust how long it had been since the sheets had been cleaned.

Cheap and easy to get in/out of. Can get there from the airport with one bus and a 5 minute walk. The bathroom was actually in not too bad a condition.

• Reviewed: December 24, 2018

Good value for money and comfy too.
    • Family Room

As the hotel is right next to the A45 there was a bit of road noise, but it didn't disturb us that much.

Bed was comfy, location was great as we were catching a flight from the airport, which was 5 mins away. The owner was great, offering transport so we could leave our car.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

Unfortunately I will never stay here again. I got no sleep.

Needs updating and have working compliance. Mattress needs replacement. Shower need looking at. Windows need fixing.

The bed was so springy I couldn’t sleep. The windows didn’t close properly which made it freezing. Tv didn’t work. Shower settings didn’t regulate. And no milk for tea.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

Needed a cheap and cheerful hotel near the airport for one...

Needed a cheap and cheerful hotel near the airport for one night after a christmas party. I was only going to be there for a few hours sleep so only wanted to pay something that would have been cheaper than a taxi! This therefore was spot on. No bells and whistles here, clean room good rate and free parking.

Rubbish

On the ad it said there was a tv.. there was no tv.. on asking the man behind the counter he said no sorry no tv.. I said I paid for one.. he came to the room later with a tele.. the tv didn’t work.. the whole place smelt.. the cups were dirty.. the staff were extremely rude

Great little hotel

Nothing to not like

Great position for airport and NEC. Friendly welcoming staff, clean, warm and comfortable. Great value for money. Much cheaper and far better than the chain hotels just down the road. Highly recommend.

Very worn out tired untidy....SMELLY place...but what to expect for 30quid

The stink of curry...untidy...mish-mash of furniture and TV not working correctly.. Only qvc and babestation... Im skint and old. So no point in either...

The location is perfect for Nec and Airport

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

The location was great

The check on times are ridiculously late. The first room they were going to give me the lady walked in and said actually we won't give you this one as something wrong. The room was freezing despite window being closed and radiator on there was a horrible draft! The shower was tiny and not cleaned well. The pillows were flat and the bed sheets were thin was too cold! Should have more pillows! I had to stick a towel on the window and open up the wardrobe door to stop the draft being so strong!

The location was great

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Not bad for the money but in need of some TLC!

Although clean, the room was just not inviting - a very small room. Pillow case was inside out on pillow. Coffee facilities but no milk. No TV remote - not a problem but I had to get on the bed to change channels and sound - also no BBC channels either. Shower head not secure - keeps falling out of holding place. Had an early flight - had to leave at 06h45 but had to let myself out in the dark - couldn't find light switch in reception. Not sure what time they start their day but you would expect for a B&B close to the airport they would accommodate for travelers.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

An experience

Needs to be night staff working there. Better beds. More clean. Also if their are no staff at least some cutlery in the room for if you take food back with you.

The fact we got 2 keys. 1 for the room and one to go get back in after going out. Free coffee and tea in our room

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Would not recommend

Internet did not work...so unable to complete any work to support by business trip.. tv did not work. Tea and coffee facilities..no milk. Cup not cleaned or replaced despite rubbish being emptied daily. 1 very poor pillow.. with standard furry black cushion placed underneath the pillow to give an alternative. Vertical black blinds on windows did not close fully. No curtains. So privacy compromised.

Proximity to nec

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Adequate for a brief, one night stop-over. With so many other hotels in the area,won't stop again.

Not a good start, when you arrive and see sacks of dirty laundry piled up outside the front door. This was on a Saturday, so presumably would have been there at least until Monday morning. No tv remote and ariel cable. Had to wait for staff member to correct and tune tv in. Whilst there was limited coffee and tea provided, there was no milk. Asked for some in the evening, once I'd found a member of staff and was a given some fresh milk in a jug. This, however, had actually turned to yoghurt by the morning, when I actually needed it. Didn't have the time nor patience to try and find a member of staff, so went without. This was just as well, as it's near impossible to fit the kettle under the tap to fill, and you have to place the kettle on the floor to use, as the plug won't reach the nearest socket. This is DANGEROUS, and should be addressed. Our biggest gripe, was that the entire building had an OVERWHELMING smell of curry, which actually permeated into the guest rooms. I like a curry, but I don't want to go to bed smelling it, and I certainly don't want to wake up to it. Finally, the mattress was TERRIBLE. Uncomfortable, with twanging springs whenever you moved.

The sheets were clean and fresh, although the duvet cover was dirty and covered in hairs. Location great for the NEC. The price was good. Room was warm.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Not a lot .
    • Family Room

The broken toilet seat, the broken wardrobe door, the cold room, the socket at the ceiling, the television not working, 1 socket between the television the aerial the heater and the kettle. The overpowering smell of Indian food .

Not a lot .

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Stank of smoke and loud.

The room stank, I think someone must have been smoking in it recently. Only window was in the door that had been covered, was like a dark pit. Only way to get some air in to combat the stink was to leave the door open, which went straight outside. Was super loud, the building had pretty much 0 sound proofing, road was loud all night. People staying next door got up at 5am and could hear every word they said. Then planes started landing from 6am making the whole building rumble. Cold tap on the sink didn't work.

Good location. Lots of parking. Cheap.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

One to miss at all costs.

The property is old,smelly, mouldy, dirty and damp. The beds were damp, sheets had holes in them and the pillows were non existent- more like cardboard. The shower curtain had black mould around the bottom and light shades were dirty and hanging off. The two rooms we booked were uninhabitable and we left the property returning home in the early hours. We didn’t even bother to get undressed. This is a property to avoid at all costs.

There is nothing to like about this property

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

The hotel was absolutely fine - clean and equipped with the...

The shower was luke-warm and not very strong - not so nice on a cold morning.

The hotel was absolutely fine - clean and equipped with the necessaries - for the price paid which was incredibly reasonable around that location

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Location was close to airport.

Room was too small, tv was unstable attached to the wall. The blind didn't fit the ground floor window which meant passers by could see in the room. Not really clean and didn't feel secure

Location was close to airport.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

A spartan, yet serviceable hotel close to all the major venues.

Though the room was clean enough, the shower head in the room was broken and one of the plugs was also damaged. One of the light fixtures in the room also did not work. The price paid was in line with the big name budget hotels, but the quality of service and the room were not. No bar on site, nearest was at one of the competing hotels.

The hotel was affordable in comparison to others for the dates booked. Off street car parking with check in system and number plate recording was helpful. Location was close to local shops for convenience. Staff were pleasant.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Location was great for us.
    • Family Room

Shower could not be used properly - had to hold it. Traffic was noisy (we were by the road unfortunately). No plug for sink. Quite basic for price.

Location was great for us. Beds were comfy. Welcome was good.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Nice staff but crap hotel

TV didn't work. WiFi password didn't work Tea provided but no little milk cartons? Mattress felt lumpy and uncomfortable Shower was either red hot or cold Hotel needs complete refurbishment now

Bathroom was clean. Plenty of parking space.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Would never stay there again as I feel it was not to the standards I expect for the price I paid.

The room smelled of cigarettes smoking when I inquired about it was told some guests sneak one in the room, not happy as I’m a none smoker and I had my young daughter with me. But in the morning I open our room window to let in some fresh air only to see that the sill below us was covered in cigarette buts. The mirror in the bathroom was to small and to high for me to see in. Also the light above the mirror was not working. The towel rail was broken. They only gave us one hand towel and one bath towel had to ask for more. There also was no mat to stand on when you got out of the shower. The plug point at the side of the bed was coming away from the wall so when in use the lights kept flickering when you went near it. The bed was to soft and you could tell it was a well used bed. There were tea and coffee in room but the teabags were lose and not covered so any one could have handled them. There was no milk for the coffee or tea. When I booked it said it was a b&b but found when we booked in that you had to pay extra. Got two fried eggs that you could tell had been cooked a time ago and were very greasy. Fruit to choose were bananas and a plum. There also was supposedly to be croissant but there were none. If this is supposed to be a continental breakfast this is not what I've been offered at any hotel or b&b that myself and my family have stayed and that is why I’m very unhappy with our stay at this place.

The friendlyness off the one member of staff we only saw the whole time we were there.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Paid for what we got

The room was cozy to say the least. There were definitely some spicy smells coming up from the restaurant. The smell is fine if you like spice, not so nice if your don't. The room is basic - but we didn't pay that much, so this was expected.

This is extremely close to the airport. Most people could probably walk it. The staff were very helpful even carrying our cases up to our room - this is something that we would only expect from a higher star hotel.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Adequate and location ood

Room was very small. No bathroom door . Blind on window needs to be fixed it didn’t close properly. Room needs to be redecorated and carpet nailed down

Very helpful at reception.

No criticisms...just praise

During a time of great personal stress everyone was sympathetic and most helpful, going out of their way to offer assistance in whatever way they could, In this day and age it is most rare and is highly commendable. Thank you one and all.

Not impressed!

The TV didn't work. Shower head wouldn't stay up. TV was on the bedside table. Had to boil the kettle on the floor. No milk.

Bed was OK. It was warm.

Clean but basic
    • Family Room

The TV didn't work and was perched on a fitting not screwed to the wall. The bath was dirty with drips from the air con unit, there was no towel rail, and a there was no milk for a cuppa. The light fitting was hanging off.

The property was close to the venue, and the bed was clean and OK. The staff were helpful

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Gables

A little bit dated. Furniture and toilet etc need to be replaced.

Price was good. The staff were polite bedding was very clean shower was hot and modern.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Wish I paid the extra for the travel lodge across the road.

Shower holder broken Shower plug blocked No milk for tea and coffee No remote control for tv Windows very thin for a building so close to an airport. Only half the light bulb worked in the room very dark.

Location close to NEC

Breakfast was nice, staff were nice

Shower was leaky, and didn’t stay on the stand so had to hold, shelf was broken, bed was creeky, was very noisy when trying to sleep (doors slamming, people talking loudly, planes taking off I know that can’t be helped.), tv didn’t work and was on the window sill! . Bed uncomfortable.

Breakfast was nice, staff were nice

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

We left as early as we could after no sleep. Wouldn't stay again or recommend to anyone else.
    • Family Room

It wasn't the cleanest of places. Very dated. Room had socket which wasn't fitted to the wall properly. Light fitting was hanging off and the ceiling was half gloss half Matt. It was extremely hot with no way to alter heating. The cold tap ran hot. I could list many more things

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

The room was very smalll but adequate for my very short stay of 8 hours.

The blinds on the window to my ground floor room did not cover the window, so people could see in. The blind was broken but I managed to unroll it to cover the window.

It was close to the airport.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Comfortable.

A small and adequate room for a one night stay. I would stay there again as it’s close to the Airport. Ideal for collecting passengers who flight in on early am. As I travel from Devon it makes sense to have a good nights rest .

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Enjoyed my stay. Hotel is nice.

No milk in my room for tea. Everything else provided but no milk. I was given milk, but had to go downstairs to ask. Not what you want after a mental full day of work and driving.

Friendly helpful staff. Great location.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

We can not fault the property at all.
    • Family Room

The television in our room wasn’t working for the duration of our trip, we told reception Saturday morning he stated he would have a look and fix it. We arrived back Saturday evening out the television still the same issue no signal. We went and asked at reception if the man could have a look we were told no no I can’t fix that. We had no entertainment on Saturday night.. we had also requested some milk to make a cup of tea with. No milk arrived asked again was told he didn’t know where to get it from. Bath has very high sides and no rail to help you get in or out.

We can not fault the property at all. It was clean and tidy. When we arrived on the Friday we were greeted by a lovely man who showed us to our room he carried our bags upstairs very nice and helpful.

horrendous

firstly the hotel stunk of curry.the sink was cracked in the bowl,the shower head would not stay up. water was luke warm,then in the early hours the roof started to pour water through and onto our floor.reported it straight away and a man came and threw 8 towels on it an left

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Very basic very poor standard of accommodation.

Very basic very poor standard of accommodation. Cheep second furniture, fixtures and fittings broken and poor quality,horrendous mattress and bedding. Was charged £70 a night never to return 3 stars is a joke 1 is more appropriate. I booked at short notice due business reasons but made a great mistake.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Clean & adequate, friendly staff, on the airport flight path

The staff were very pleasant

The hotel is on a very busy main road, on the flight path for Birmingham international airport. It has on-site parking. When I walked into my room I thought my window was open because of the noise. It was closed. The staff are very nice, and helpful. The room is clean & adequate, the mattress was not comfortable & needs at least a mattress topper so you don't feel the springs. The shower area is very small, I had to open the door to bend down to pick up shampoo etc The shower head is not on an adjustable rail & is fixed to the wall much higher up than the cubical making it difficult to shower. I would not stay again because of the noise. A great location if your flying off somewhere and don't mind the noise.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

We booked this as it was close to the NEC, great it has a...

We booked this as it was close to the NEC, great it has a car park. The bed was comfy, breakfast was hot and fresh and the shower was hot, all in all a great stay in a good location and good value for money.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

You get what you pay for

The room had broken blinds so couldn’t be closed, peeling paint, broken shower door, Mold in the bathroom and a very uncomfortable bed with springs sticking into you when lying down. This room was cheap so I wasn’t expecting 5* but this was not suitable for anyone to stay in.

The staff seemed friendly and the shower was hot

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Very enjoyable stay, staff very pleasant and helpful. Beds v. comfy. Close to airport

No bar/restaurant facilities on the premises. No lamps beside bed. Bed a bit big for size of room and covered part of the ensuite entrance, although extremely comfy so was happy to overlook this!! My 15 year old daughter added : No tv channels and not enough plug sockets

Bed very comfy. Staff friendly and very helpful. Nice garden with seating area. Close proximity to airport - about 10 mins in a taxi

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

No sleep!

Room next to main road - didn't sleep all night due to noise of traffic, needs better windows to compensate for location. Defected objectives of staying close to airport as couldn't sleep for early flight

Staff lovely , close to airport

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Ok for parking but £13 for a 5 min taxi ride

The room was full of lady birds and the fire alarms sounded a few times over night, the staff were helpful and the option to park for a week is a good thing but over all the place is noisy and out dated

Holiday parking at £25

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

3.5
    Not happy at all

I booked th Gables but when I arrived they put me in a different building, my room was over a Indian Take Away next door, could do nothing about it as it was after 9 when I arrived and had a flight at 8 the following morning, be very careful as you may not get what you booked here!!! Have informed Bookind.com and the owner has said they operate from two buildings but this is not stated in web site or is it pictured as it is over a take away!!!

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Great for the airport or arena.

The windows are very thin. My room was on the duel carriage way and cars and planes could be heard. Take ear plugs with you.

Hotel booked taxis for me. Free parking. Good location. Room basic but pleasant and clean.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Convenient location.

Strong smell of curry. My room wasn’t always cleaned. No milk for coffee in the bedroom.I had to ask and I was often made to feel awkward. One bath towel only. I had to ask for it to be changed. I was not always given a hand towel or bath mat. It’s okay for one night if you don’t mind basic.

Convenient location. Cheap but not so cheerful. Family run business. Dad was always very pleasant and helpful. Mom and son could take a leaf out of his book for customer service.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

5.5
    It was very close to gentler arena booked taxi there back 10 min drive .easy to park

Bed comfort mattress feel spring's More tea coffee and milk It was adequate for one night stay. Close to main road and airport.

It was central to were wanted to be Owners were very Enough drawer space and wardrobe didn't use

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Was just and overnight while vistiing the National Motorcycle Museum

Room was very small. The shelf in the shower room was falling off the wall. There was no milk in the room for tea making. The hotel is right next to a main road and so I found it difficult to sleep.

Very good price.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

DO NOT STAY- THEY VERBALLY ABUSE YOU

DO NOT STAY HERE! They verbally abuse you and they are so rude.! We arrived around 10pm so it was late and we had to get up in the morning so we never complained directly to them and after the abuse I have received via email I’m glad I never did as they became very aggressive. So the b&b has smell to it to start with but that didn’t really bother us, we got to the room and it was tiny and we was advised on booking it was spacious. Our bottom sheets on our beds wasn’t tucked in so we made our beds, one bed the pillow was flat the other pillow was rock hard, there was no mattress protectors on the beds either, our kettle was disgusting so we never used this, it was also left on the floor by the bathroom, not very hygenic if you ask me. The bathroom door never shut and it never locked. ALSO wallpaper hanging off the wall. We left early and nobody was around to even see to talk to just a box to put your key in! Upon emailing the B&B I have been called a lier and a idiot. We was told we should of complained there and then and we should of left (we couldn’t leave as there was an event on at NEC so no hotels available) I explained to the B&B I don’t want a full refund as we stayed there and to request we have half backs as all we did was sleep there plus they are a family run business so I didn’t want to be mean. Well I got so much abuse it’s unreal. They have now told me they fixed the lock on the bathroom door before we arrived (so obvs we are making it up right? No they just admitted there was a problem) they have no customer service skills and have not upheld this complaint in the right manor. I will now be going further with this complaint as I have evidence of the abuse and the issue we had. PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE.

NOTHING WAS TO LIKE ABOUT THIS B&B-minus it’s in an ok area to NEC

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Nothing maybe the location worked for me.

The place is dirty and very disappointed with Booking.com for having it on their site.They get your money up front otherwise they know that you would leave.I have always trusted booking.com but will need to check the reviews next time.

Nothing maybe the location worked for me.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Quick over night stop between flights.

Check in was quick. Reception were very friendly and helped us to organise a taxi for stupidly early the next morning and also gave us some information on where to get food. The room was compact but it was grand for one night.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

A good economical stay for an overnight or few days when needing airport accommodation.

Window blind slightly damaged but did not report it as I managed satisfactory closure.

Early flight so did not have b'fast. Building showing age a bit but room freshly painted and spotless. Bedclothes looked new. Plenty of hot water. Staff friendly and helpful. Next to airport perimeter. Brought dinner so don't know what available nearby or at venue. Travelled by taxi both ways. Taxis £12 and £10 respectively due to one way roads.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Nice big well lit car park in full view of reception and...

For the money there is nothing that I actually disliked. Just as some people have said, there is an aroma of curry in the reception but it's quite nice and you soon stop noticing it. . The shower is very basic with a holder that is too loose to hold the shower head. This should only be a problem if you are a one armed man and you can't hold the shower head and soap at the same time. The shower curtain rail wasn't strong enough to hang a bath towel over. The shower curtain wasn't quite long enough to stop the floor getting wet. This was no problem to me. My one person bedroom was very small and basic. A little drab maybe and about overdue for redecoration. If you read the reviews and know what to expect and you are not expecting to be impressing your friends and making them jealous by posting photos of your fancy room on Facebook, then the room is just fine. No bar. Couldn't find a tv remote. Used the manual controls. No wardrobe, just a hook on door to hang your coat hangers. No storage space.

Nice big well lit car park in full view of reception and hotel rooms. Several 24 hour Uber drivers on standby literally across the road. I called mine at nearly midnight on a Friday night and it arrived within a minute. Pleasant hotel like entrance and 24 hour reception area. Tea and coffee making facilities in bedroom. Nice breakfast lounge area. Nice basic standard continental breakfast. The usual stuff. Egg and beans on toast with a choice of weetabix or cereals. Enough spare toast with the egg and beans to have a few slices of jam or marmalade. Orange juice and tea/coffee. I have had far bigger breakfasts with far more choice for the money but it was nice and more than adequate. I am saving the best for last. The service was not only friendly and pleasant but was beyond helpful. Right from the start the man on reception was offering to take my suitcase into my room for me and giving me a taxi number when I asked. He also mentioned Uber and explained to me about downloading the app and gave me some advice about using the app and the best place to arrange to meet the driver. Even helped me look out for the car. He also told me about a bar across the road if I needed a drink. In the other section I mentioned that the decor is basic and had seen better days. An example of this is when I was just about to check out in the morning I tried to close the blind and the chord broke resulting in me being unable to close it. This was because it was an old budget blind and the chord had become brittle. The reason I am putting this in the " what did you like" section is because when I mentioned this to the man on duty (a different man this time) I half expected him to blame me for breaking it, maybe even charging me. But instead he just smiled and told me not to worry about it and he will get it fixed. So pleasant and helpful staff to summorise.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

was cheap and cheerful, but glad we only stayed overnight.

The first iron given was dangerous - the mains lead was damaged in 3 places. The room heater was the smallest ive ever seen and it was dirty/ or rusty. There was also a stain on the toilet bowl that I daren't look to close at. The quilt was inadequate - think it must have been a summer quilt but it is deepinto October now. The quilt cover had red marks on it that I think was Felt tip pen but couldnt be sure.

staff were very freindly and helpful. the location was good proximity to NEC where we were headed. The shower was nice and powerful.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

AWFUL.AND I CMPLETE BREACH OF CONTRACT

No direction on access difficulty from A45.No TV SORRY BROKEN.NO TOWEL OR SOAP HAD TO GET FROM NEARBY GABLES FROM WHICH I HAD BEEN SSUBCONTRACHED(II WASIN THE ADNAN)NO HOT WATER TO SHOWER OR SHAVE.SINK TO SMALL TO FILL KETTLE AND NO PLUG.SHOCKET IN ROOM IS LOOSE.ALL THIS A 2100HOURS AND A LONG DRIVE.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

recommended

my friend missed his mothers home made ginger indian tea!!

I booked this room for a friend using my account, my friend had just landed from India and lost his credit card, he had no place to stay. He wanted an affordable room near Birmingham airport, he rang me from the airport and i luckily found Gables. The owner was extremely polite and accommodating when i told him that i am booking this room for a friend, he understood his difficulty and offered him an excellent room and service, my friend was very grateful.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Really should have read the reviews

Carpet smells, feels damp, broken electric heater in room, window on door to outside covered with lino and duct tape

Nice family staff, sheets and bathroom clean

Terrible

Noisy, no Tv in the room, decoration poor, cracked sink and the shower head was broken. This is not a hotel, it's b&b at best but without any cooked breakfast.

Basic

Very basic, bathroom not cleaned properly, coffee sachets but no milk or sugar, tiny television up high so difficult to see, wires dangling down. Very dated.

Good location, can park your car and lift to the airport. Bed was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Not one to be repeated. The place smelt of curry.

The first room had a broken heater, only 1 saucer and odd bits of old furniture. It was awful. They moved us to another room which ok but very small for a double room. Only 1 hand towel and 1 bath towel for two people.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Left early

Vat added at check out makes this over priced, in particular as the entrance sign advertises £39 per night and booking price was £80.. tv didn’t work, no soap in bathroom, shower had a mind of its own, reception had very strong curry smell - not great as they don’t serve food.

Left early

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Absolutely bloody awful.

The single worst bed & breakfast we have ever stayed in. Wifi not functioning. Showers bearly working. Entire place smelled of curry. Very unhelpful staff.

Not a lot.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

You get what you paid for, stayed the night before for an...

Felt like some more work could have been done on the room I was in, like a bit more paint and the TV Base was still attached to the TV even though it was mounted onto the wall which really confused me, the room I was I had very this walls and so I could hear the neighbours/staff using the toilet, the water was cold after the first minute in the shower and remained that way, though can't say that was the same for every room

You get what you paid for, stayed the night before for an exam in the NEC, can't really complain for what I paid for😅

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Minir problems more than offset by convenient location for NEC and airport, good vfm.

Wifi not available in the bedroom (though there was a good signal for another wifi no accessible to guests); TV didn't work (tho staff kindly replaced it with another TV which also said no digital connection - it was suggested this was due to interference from airplanes taking off nearby); no lamp in ceiling light and no replacement available (staff kindly replaced this the following day); cracked basin which leaked onto floor if filled (easily sorted with a ab of the right mastic) and shower fixture which didn't hold the shower head in place (not a serious inconvenience). All problems easily sorted with a little bit of attention to detail, and only a minor inconvenience for me.

Good, VFM, good location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

OK for a one night stay

I had booked a double room, but the size of the room was clearly a single, with a double bed in it. The shower cubicle was so small, it was difficult to get in and out of. Having a light that was balanced on a high shelf with the power cable hanging down was dangerous. At £7.95 breakfast was disappointing, with very little choice for a hot breakfast - toast, beans, egg.

The bed was comfortable and the sheets clean; the staff were friendly and the wi-fi was great.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Won't be booking this B & B again.
    • Family Room

Had to enter the family room from outside the main B & b. No mat at door, so floor wet & dirty from crossing the lawn to get into the room. Electrical Sockets loose in the wall. Toilet seat hinge rusty. Bed uncomfortable. Air vet not secured to the wall. Room booked for 3 Adults, but room had 2 x Towels and 2 x Cups. No milk for Tea & Coffee. Furniture tired and loose. Breakfast not included in booking price, when considering it's a B & B.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Okay as a place to sleep and travelling from the nec

Rooms were quite dated and bathrooms were not clean, toilet didn’t work too well either. Very loud between planes and cars.

Staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

5.5
    The place is very tired and could do with a major make over and we couldnt wait to leave

I booked for 5 people and ended up paying for another single room as they said I had only booked for 4. The room I stayed in was very mouldy and smelled of damp. The toilet was very dirty and difficult to flush.on one of the window the blinds had pieces missing. The family room quilt cover on the bed was not very clean.

Staff was freindly

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Had a nightcap a short walk away at the Holiday inn and it made life a little bit better

No bath mat, tv on window sill could not be watched in bed, shower of wall had to hold to get a shower, wifi out of this world must have been as it was not in my room, room only approx 6 feet square very small, 3 drawer small wardrobe. To say anything else go to HOLIDAY INN JUST DOWN ROAD

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

4.5
    Was cheap but needed to be

More room better fittings bathroom everything was not did fixed properly ie towel rail fell apart also shower.

Tv not working no bedside light very small room

We Price Match