Reviews of Gatwick Cambridge Hotel 4 stars

19 Bonehurst Road, Horley, RH6 8PP, United Kingdom

#16 of 23 hotels in Horley

Very efficient aiport shuttle service.

The room is basic but has everything you could need the night before flying out of Gatwick.

We stayed here the night before an early flight out of Gatwick. It's great if you want to park your car while you're away and take the hotel's very efficient airport shuttle. The wake up call at 4am and 4.40am shuttle were exactly on time, which is great when you're stressed about getting through airport security in time!

Served its purpose very well.
    • Double Room with 8 Days Parking

The room in the new block was dingy, low windows with heavy drapes. Also we were woken by late arrivals then early leavers. Carpets in the corridors would surely make a big difference.

A great deal if you have an early flight from Gatwick and want to leave your car for a week.

Dreadful
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Everything. Reception staff very rude and unwelcoming. Room and shower dirty. Hairs in shower tray. Room unbearably hot, no fans available. Blankets on bed really!!. Bed was uncomfortable and creaked everytime you moved. Mattress was so uncomfortable with a dip in it. Having paid £69 for the privilege we were then asked for another £6 for one night's parking, an absolute liberty. In conclusion what a shocking hotel and experience

Absolutely nothing at all,!! What an awful place

Good overnight stop
    • Special Offer - Double Room

My room in the attic was very warm. When I opened the window there was a fair bit of noise from the road.

Location, good value for money, helpful and friendly staff

Poor customer service

Waited a day for an iron which I never received with. No excuse. Front desk staff not friendly at all.

Trained front desk staff. Better customer service

Get a room in the main house
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The first room offered in the car park block was small, dreary and not suitable for a 3 day stay No AC .. No Fan .. it was hot Internet poor or not available

The room in the main house was fine .. good bathroom . If you are staying more than a night try to get into the main hotel old house The car park rooms may be OK for a one night stay

Not well organised but comfy and clean
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Booked special double room but given random twin room Had made booking weeks prior to arrival but my name was not on the list

24h shuttle Good location

Awful would not stay again
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Room no view up 5 flights no lifts. Unable to get even a sandwich when.we arrived Both in our. 70s. All fire doors propped open with extinguishers or wedges and that was only way out. Then charged £6 p night for parking no mention of this when booking.

Great location for airport.

Small room and uncomfortable bed. Very hot with no air conditioning. Many TV channels not tuned in.

Nice evening meal and staff pleasant and polite. Nice outside seating area on decking.

The staff were friendly when checking in ,they sorted transfers for Airport quickly and efficiently
    • Triple Room with 8 Days Parking

We stayed in the old part Rooms were clean but basic but it was only for a stop over for the Airport

For what we needed it for (stop over for Airport ) it was value for money as included 8 days parking .The new part of this hotel looks lovely ..the old part where we stayed was basic .

The staff, location close to airport, car parking and...
    • Double Room with 15 Days Parking

The staff, location close to airport, car parking and restaurant. I have stayed here many times before travelling to Gatwick Airport. The shuttle and hotel is idea and would recommend

I would choose this Hotel again but far better value if you're driving.
    • Classic Double Room

The meal wasn't great - all meals came out looking the same apart from the meat/fish element. By this I mean a pyramid of chips and a quarter slice of broccoli. I chose ocean white fish on spinach. Far too much and not that appetising. However, the price was less than stated online.

The reception staff were very attentive. The room was good and the bed very comfortable. The shuttle service was very efficient getting to the airport and returning.

Great stay only downstairs next time !
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Not the place to stay if like me and travelling with heavy suitcases. My room was up stairs, the stairs were steep and no lift. This was not stated anywhere and no offer to take my case to my room.

The evening meal was excellent and staff very attentive

10 mins from Gatwick.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The staff were difficult to understand, miserable and unhelpful! Waited almost 30 mins to be collected, despite being told it’d be 10 mins. No lift in the hotel and despite pre-booking an accesible room due to large luggage, they put me on the 3rd floor with no offer of help! They couldn’t have done more to make it worse for me. They failed to answer 2 emails asking about transfer buses. They only seem interested in people parking their cars there. I won’t return. Do yourself a favour and book somewhere that has good customer care.

10 mins from Gatwick. Fair price. Clean. Nothing else.

One night only
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Shown to a room at the back of the hotel had bunk beds and a double bed. The bed was terrible before getting into it you could see the dip in the middle. Staff confused at check in as did not leave a car only needed a room. As only for one night it was ok.

Good shower clean bedding and towels shuttle for airport on time

Staff was helpful & driver was on time to take me to the airport. In house restaurant not so good.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

I arrived for my reservation time for the prepaid breakfast & it was not worth the money. The staff had put away the cereal before I had finished my morning coffee. I had to ask what had happened to the food & have them bring it back out of the kitchen. I thought it was very rude for them to not allow their guests to eat before they closed the kitchen. I had been given a time to arrive for breakfast & was not late.

New rooms fresh and clean.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Meals fine.But offered no choice at breakfast.Waiting staff perhaps need some training. eg.Not asked how I liked steak

New rooms fresh and clean.Airport transfer worked well

Good convenient stay with excellent shuttle facilities
    • Classic Double Room

Liaison between reception and restaurant.

When the taxi driver finally found the Hotel the reception was fine and the room good. The 'porter' was very efficient. I booked in for an evening meal which was acceptable. With my return stay there was confusion with regard to the end of restaurant serving - 10.30 at reception but 9.45 in restaurant. they served me soup in the bar.

Reception wasn’t massively friendly, before I could say...

Reception wasn’t massively friendly, before I could say hello I was told to write down my registration for my car but I hadn’t parked.. I felt like the lady was repeating what she said to every guest, it just felt a bit rushed and not very friendly. When we went to check out the same thing happened, the transfer guy was waiting and was ready to go immediately and I had to put my key on the side and follow him straight away! He was very friendly however and the room was comfy and met our needs.

Easy access to airport and parking facility but the parking...
    • Double Room with 15 Days Parking

Pretty tacky and grim generally

Easy access to airport and parking facility but the parking is yet to be finalised! Tea and coffee facilities and transfer to airport also good

Comfortable stay, shame about return transfer

Transfer back, we called twice for our driver and had to wait for 1 hour to be collected. Receptionist unhelpful, told us she had 'done her job and we should have asked driver why he was so long!' We emailed hotel but received no reply.

Wonderful experience would recommend to anyone.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

I liked everything about the place. Clean, Friendly, Close to Airport, Handy to town centre, 1 stop to Gatwick Airport on train. Would definately recommend this place and do intend to use it again.

I liked the hotel good value friendly staff and lovely food but more full length mirrors needed.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

No full length mirror in room, mirror was hidden behind TV and really thin.... used the bathroom mirror for makeup but was not able see my whole body to check how I looked.

Food and staff were excellent

Not good value for money
    • Double Room with 15 Days Parking

The double bed was incredibly uncomfortable, so I slept on the lower bunk bed within the room. The roadside noise was so loud that we could not have the window open for cool air on a hot day & night. The staff were miserable & severely lacked customer service. The only staff who displayed some customer service was Louise on Reception. Otherwise staff did not smile nor get the very basics right with dealing with customers. The breakfast was the worst we've had at any hotel for years! Other guests had scrambled eggs, however, when we asked the waiter if there was a choice for breakfast he told us "No, just English breakfast". There was no vegetarian option & the toast was cheap bread, the mushrooms tasted like they had been soaked in vinegar. When I spoke to the same male waiter about the mushrooms he just said that people like them. I advised him that I've never known anyone like vinegar tasting mushrooms, nor have I ever experienced being served them at any other establishment. The waiter was dismissive, he did not offer any alternative nor any refund. I had pre-paid £15.00 for the breakfast which was inedible. Absolutely awful experience at the beginning & end of our holiday. We will NOT stay there again, nor recommend the hotel to anyone. We also witnessed people wandering up to reception asking for jobs. The people spoke limited English, which matched the very limited English spoken by the existing staff at the hotel, therefore, communication was also an issue between staff & customers. Overall it was an unpleasant experience we will not want to repeat.

The convenience of car parking for the duration of holiday stay

VFM and would use again

Pick up from airport could be better co-ordinated,told tols them we were a party of 8,when he turned up,no space,had to wait for them to come back,took a long time.

Staff very friendly and couldn't do enough for you,evening meal was excellent.

Low cost room, parking and transfer additional
    • Double Room with 8 Days Parking

Told hotel was overbooked and would I be willing to change hotels though my car would stay where it was. I would be only charged half the transfer fee if I did so. I said I had booked an evening meal which they had no record of but this changed the receptionists mind and we were booked in. Mini bus back from airport was waiting when we arrived at the stop with driver asking for three people to fill which after a bit of discussion he got. He told me to ring hotel as previously instructed and I was told mini bus was on its way. 25 minutes later the same driver arrived and took us to hotel via North terminal where even more people were waiting.

Adequate room with double and bunk bed, Reasonable bath shower facilities. Evening meal OK. Only 10 minutes from Gatwick via courtesy bus £3 per person each way. Found a parking space, noticing some cars were parked in blocks with some not immediately accessible. My car was accessible on return though it had been moved and not damaged.

Cheap and reasonably cheerful.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

When I arrived, having booked at least two months in advance, they said they were overbooked (how does a hotel manage that?) and would I like to be taken to another hotel where I would only have to pay for one airport transfer. When I said I had also booked dinner the heavily accented receptionist changed her tune and duly booked the four of us in. Car park was a bit crowded which some cars parked very close together in blocks thankfully I was only away a week so mine was reasonably accessible, although it had been moved during the week and NOT damaged. On return one of the two minibuses was already at the stop and the driver was asking for three people to fill it. As we were a group of four we let others go first. As instructed by the driver I telephoned the hotel to say we were ready to be picked up and was told a bus was on its way. 25 minutes later the same driver arrived and took us to the Hotel via the North Terminal where even more people were waiting. The driver contacted the Hotel and he was told they would despatch the second minibus.

It was a convenient hotel close to Gatwick (10 minutes) in courtesy bus. Both rooms had doubles and bunk beds adequate bath/ shower facilities. Evening meal was ok. Managed to find a car park space which seemed to be at a premium (in May) they may be stacking cars in June/July/ August

Very disappointing
    • Special Offer - Double Room

It was a nice hotel couldn't get a drink on arrival not even a soft but there was a few sitting outside with beers I left my ghd hair straighteners in room and when I rang they said it wasn't handed in that was very disappointing as I knew it had been left in the room I would not recommend this hotel because of them reasons.

Agreed to move to help out the Cambridge but was not an upgrade to us
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Restaurant meal not as good as Cambridge. Courtesy transfer bus to terminal not dedicated from our hotel unlike the Cambridge.

Offered an upgrade to the 4* star Airport Inn due to over booking which we accepted. Have stayed at Cambridge many times before and have always been happy. We felt the 3* and 4* ratings should be reversed we would politely decline a change from the Cambridge in future

• Special Offer - Double Room

An additional £6 charged for parking that was not informed in the booking information; The room was in an attic with very low beams which we banged our head on; no lift for luggage going up 3 flights of stairs and finally the receptionist was very abrupt.

Location was ideal for meeting with family.

Close to the airport and good value, parking can be interesting!
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The car park was over-full, people obviously use this hotel for the convenience of the close proximity to Gatwick airport which means many people drive and leave their cars, but there is no managment of where people can park and who they potentially block, on return it looked like a number of cars just had to leave their cars wherever they could meaning others were blocked in. We were only staying for a few hours before our flight but the bed was pretty uncomfortable. We didn't prebook the shuttle (booked through Booking.com there was no option) so I phoned ahead and asked it we could arrange this service, I was told we could do this when checking in, on arrival, we couldn't get space on the shuttle for the time we needed, but we were given a few taxi numbers and booked directly, this was really convenient and really cheap £6 and 10 mins door-to-door, at 4am you can't go too far wrong.

Close to the airport, good value for the location. Shuttle return was quick and easy. Good shower. Parking on site. Quick check-in and check-out

Very good value for money

Definite lack of smiling from most of the staff, most looked bland most of the time. You pay £6.00 to park for night. Left my car in “secured parking”, which is actually the hotel car park, was moved to underneath trees so by time I got back it was covered in bird poo, will need a clean and polish to get rid of it so didn’t save any money on parking.

Good location for airport, clean and comfortable. Restraunt food excellent Staff helpful

Great location with shuttle to airport. Staff excellent
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Room had hairs on bathroom floor, not very comfortable bed. Stairs to room with no elevator

Great location, shuttle service, staff and a good restaurant

Just what we needed for parking and stayover for airport
    • Double Room with 15 Days Parking

Attitude of staff at reception and transfer from the airport driver was very ignorant didn't speak to us or even atempt to help at all with our luggage really unsocialable no please or thank you just unpleasant

Room was comfortable transport to and from airport was very efficient and speedy ground floor annex rooms were ideal for us to smoke outside of breakfast was basic but acceptable could do with more choice

parking was extra on arrival .
    • Special Offer - Double Room

parking was extra on arrival .and all the descriptions-none mentioned it was turkish- if i had known would have booked an elglish one- the menu was described as mediterranean, which was why i booked- but it had a very biased leaning to turkey, which i don't really like

• Special Offer - Double Room

The staff were unwelcoming at reception, it seemed like they were overworked but no excuse for rudeness. There were bunk beds in our room which had hairs and dirt all over them. I was thankful I wasn’t sleeping in them.

Rude receptionist! Dated bedrooms.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The receptionist on check in couldn’t be more obnoxious and rude if she tried. Just no need for it, she is the face of your company when you arrive and it’s not a welcoming one!

rubbish and uncomfortable
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The bed in room 87 had springs poking out of the mattress and made for a sleepless night. it was awful. i would never stay there again. Premier inn atleast has comfy beds. also the staff were very miserable

restaurant food

Clean and slept well.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Telephone had no list of numbers and there was no zapper for TV , and no plug in basin, so an outside walk to reception. Although the bathroom was large, the basin was minuscule, very low and minus a plug, the combined tap became very fierce trying to control the flow of hot water. A shelf for personal toiletries would be handy instead of using the floor! Only one hand towel was supplied for two people. WiFi was not available. No receipt was given for either the credit card payment for the stay or for the car parking charge which was paid in cash.

Locational

Overall good.

Evening staff very helpful, putting cases in rooms etc. Morning staff were the oposite and just pointed to the exit, which meant my friend who's 76 had to carry her own suitcases down the stairs to the shuttle bus.Also ate in the restaurant and although it was ok I was supprised to find my lettuce swimming in water and balsamic vinegar over my salmon. Balsamic vinegar is for salad garnish not for a lovely piece of salmon.

Friendly staff in the evening, not so friendly in the morning!

GOOD LOCATION FOR GATWICK AIRPORT
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Full English cooked breakfast was brought to table but would have liked to choose which items I had with choice of scrambled egg or fried as it was too large for me with too much fried food.

The room was on ground floor and quiet. Able to park outside to unload and leave car for a week. Evening meal good but would rather have had a la carte menu than pre paid. Will know next time. Restaurant staff very pleasant and recognised us from previous visits. Shuttle bus got us to airport at time we requested

It did the job.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Bit of a surprise to be told I had to pay for parking even though it was only overnight- something they fail to mention when booking. No windows in the room apart from a skylight 20ft up, so room felt dark. Rooms stuck in the 70s needs updating. Noisey.

Convenient

Step to get into vehicle that transfers to airport. It was not only almost impossible for me as an elderly person but also for a younge but short man.

Convenient

An overnight stay between a long journey and a long flight is recuperative!
    • Double Room with 8 Days Parking

Nothing at all to dislike or even to be slightly displeased with!

The hotel is run very quietly and efficiently. The moment a guest has a request there is some one there to respond. The hotel is in a beautiful building and its history is respected throughout. The modern annexe is equally pleasing.sl

Good value for overnight stay before flying from Gatwick
    • Double Room with 15 Days Parking

Waiting over 40 minutes to be collected from the airport on return from holiday.

The courtesy of the staff, quality rooms and choice in the restaurant.

Comfortable
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The poor girl working behind the bar was rushed off her feet so service was slow. The bar menu was unimaginative without a great deal of choice if you didn’t want a full meal in the restaurant.

The location was good and the surroundings rural and quiet. The shuttle service to the airport efficient and good value for money.

Happy to have stayed and parked whilst travelling from Gatwick
    • Double Room with 15 Days Parking

Have used Hotel Cambridge every time i have a flight from Gatwick. I am happy with what is offered and will use again. 10 minutes from Airport. Parking on site.

Overnight stay before flight to Canada

Check in staff could have been friendlier and took great delight in telling me I had to pay 6 GBP to park the hire car for the night!!

Excellent location for access to Gatwick airport which is only about 20 mins from the hotel

Good position for the connection to Gatwick Airport, free...
    • Special Offer - Double Room

How is possible to define this premises a 4 star hotel??? All is old fashioned, i would rate it 1 or 2 stars maximum. The room was outside the main reception building in an old service facility behind. At the reception they asked me advance payment and they charged me twice, looked like was a deliberate action to ask me twice to place my visa in the machine. Even to pay in advance is very unusual for a 4 star hotel. Strongly not recommended for the price they ask and the quality of everything.

Good position for the connection to Gatwick Airport, free parking.

Great hotel, friendly efficient staff in a handy location
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Wifi was a bit hit and miss.

Fabulous service, clean comfortable rooms, good shower, well priced with an efficient,inexpensive airport shuffle. Unable to rate the restaurant as we didn't eat there but the the bar area was very nice and comfortable. We expected far less for what we paid to stay here. It was a pleasant surprise.

OK but not what I would have chosen on full information.

Taking the fee up front in advance on booking. Not what I like to see on Booking .com. No lift. I was charged a double transfer on the assumption I had arrived by their transport when I had not. Rectified immediately.

Initially I picked the property based on price and location. Guaranteed by my CC I did not expect to be charged on booking. Just as well I was well set up. The low cost must be offset against poor pre visit communications and the cost of transfers to/from Gatwick. I can understand that this place may appeal to park and fly customers but the double transfer does work against it for fly in and out guests. Big plus was the Restaurant.

Sorry, not worth the money, take a taxi somewhere else.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Reception service at arrival and departure had a bad attitude and shuttle drivers run the minibus like a private party. Had to lugg heavy bags outdoors to room and up stairs. Tv/wifi did not work. People smoke near entrance or next room, so open window in a hot room was a bother.

The 24/7 available airport shuttle was the only really good thing about this hotel. We could come in late and leave early. The room we stayed in was quiet enough for a good sleep and had a water boiler.

The staff checked us in an unclean room.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The staff checked us in an unclean room. The furniture in the room is completely outdated and it looks worn out/disgusting. The bed doesn't even a duvet; it has a blanket. This hotel is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE for what it offers.

Was an experiment which failed....
    • Special Offer - Double Room

When I read the description of Grade II Listed.... rooms are spacious with en-suite bathrooms... a restaurant that serves fantastic Mediterranean cuisine... and the most important thing for me; free WiFi I thought it would be worth giving it a trying. It was a big mistake. The website is so very misleading. You imagine you a lovely old country house, set in it's own grounds, what it doesn't say is that the grounds are now a massive car park and a huge, ugly, purpose built accommodation block. When I checked in it was the block I was taken to. A large, dark, sprawling, building with clutter and rubbish piled up just inside the entrance door. The room was tiny, the bed was tiny and there was no bath, something I had specifically requested. When I told the porter I couldn't stay in the room he didn't seem to understand, just kept smiling and started to walk off. Turns out he really didn't understand what I was saying because he could neither understand or speak a word of English. We went back to reception where, a very curt but very efficient woman, who had a much better grasp of English, explained that rooms in the main house, on the 1st floor are much more expensive and must be booked directly with the hotel. Rooms in the block and second floor (there's no lift) are the cheap ones that go out on Booking.com and other booking agencies. That said she gave me a room on the first floor, not graciously, but she did and for that I was very happy. A major bug bear for many guests is hotels that play with the truth. This hotel advertises free WiFi, what they don't tell you is that it's only available within 2 meters of the reception. Nothing in the bedroom or dining room and in reception it was so slow it was virtually useless. If you can't provide something don't pretend that you can. The restaurant, more bad news, there are zero vegan or vegetarian options and nothing to donate the major food intolerance groups.

It's close to the airport. The shuttle bus is convenient.

Simply a convenient and efficient hotel for stop-over and parking

The hotel is dated and decor tired.

Having read reviews, we were expecting it to be basic and nothing special. But very convenient for car parking for an early flight. The hotel was fine. Service excellent. Rooms clean and comfortable. Shuttle service very prompt and helpful. It’s excellent value for money.

It was horrible...cold and bed was not comfortable.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The heater wasnt on or didnt work. Our bedroom door didnt have a lock, so we slept with it open.. in the night a lady walked into our room

I like nothing

Good hotel and staff
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Toilet flush was sticking at first but was soon fixed

Nice large rooms with enough facilities. Food is excellent and attention from the staff good without being intrusive.

Comfortable, convenient and ideally situated for air travel
    • Double Room with 15 Days Parking

Found the entrance to the hotel a little awkward with suitcases and the door opening outwards and little room at the top of the steps to get in other than that small thing everything was fine and the high standard was as expected.

location for airport stopover is ideal, staff are friendly, rooms are spacious and clean and comfortable, shuttle service and parking ideal for what we wanted.

Close and perfect for the night before the flight from...

Easy to find and perfect for Gatwick airport

Close and perfect for the night before the flight from Gatwick. Hotel has a nice restaurant if a little pricey and a nice bar area.

Everything in the hotel is excellent.

The shuttle service from Gatwick back to the hotel was totally unacceptable. I phoned from the appointed bus stop at 1930 hrs. I phoned again at 2000 hrs! We finally reached the hotel at 2025 hrs. The shuttle bus was full after picking us up but the driver answered a request to go back to North Terminal to pick up more passengers and luggage!

Everything in the hotel is excellent. I will probably use this hotel again.

Poorly appointed rooms.

Poorly appointed rooms. One had no bathroom extractor fan and smelled of the previous occupant. The other smelt damp and musty. B3d linen and towels OK but other furnishings cheap and shoddy. I would not recommend

convenient for Gatwick Airport and good deals for parking whilst away.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

the curtains in the room let in so much light from the outside of the hotel it was difficult to sleep. Also there was no lift, although the reception staff did manage to change us to a ground floor room, but even that was 3 steps up from the reception and entrance area.

The dinner was excellent as were the the waiters.

Good location for airport value for money hotel stay but could improve on breakfast.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Breakfast not very good, not value for money. Road noise inspite of being in annex at rear. Noise from other guests but this is a "transit" hotel and people in and out at all hours for flights at Gatwick.

We included parking in our stay and shuttle bus both easy. Small but well equiped room

Horrilble
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The toilet should have worked, no reason to be rude by the front desk

The receptionist was very rude. The toilet would not flush and no service from maintenance. We were told they were short handed.

Excellent value for money
    • Double Room with 8 Days Parking

The hotel and staff were fantastic and excellent value. We booked for one night with 8 days parking and transfers to Gatwick Airport. Everything run smoothly and will definitely book again

Great value, good location, cleaning and front of house staff training could be improved.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Door with a lock, as cleaner (?) came straight in! Musty odour in room, but got used to it...had window open too.

Quiet and warm room, ideal considering the amount of people staying!

We stay here before we fly on holiday, we have stayed and...
    • Special Offer - Double Room

We stay here before we fly on holiday, we have stayed and parked seven times now And the Cambridge is always consistent in all areas. The staff, rooms and restaurant are all very good.

sorry it was so short

very comfortable room. delighted to be able to enjoy a good dinner. On time collection for the airport at 5am !!thank you. plus straight forward collection at the end of our break and safe keeping of our car

DISAPPOINTING
    • Special Offer - Double Room

THERE IS INADEQUATE PARKING FACILITIES,WE WERE ASKED TO HAND OVER OUR CAR KEYS IN THE EVENT THAT THE CAR HAD TO BE MOVED WHICH WE REFUSED. AT CHECK IN THE GENTLE MAN SPOKE VERY LITTLE ENGLISH.WE BOOKED FOR 1 NIGHT ONLY WITH BOOKING.COM WHICH THE STAFF WERE CONFUSED ABOUT. THE ROOM GIVEN TO US HAD A SMALL DOUBLE BED THE ROOM WAS VERY SMALL & THE BED WAS SHOVED UP AGAINST A WALL SO YOU COULD ONLY CLIMB OVER THE OTHER PERSON TO GET OUT.

Very convenient for Gatwick airport. Well-organised system. Good value for money.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Only stayed one night for flight from Gatwick. Did not use catering facilities, just parking overnight. Very efficient and good shuttle service. Would recommend.

Good value for money, great transfers but staff at hotel seem to have been thrown in at deep end!
    • Special Offer - Double Room

We phoned up twice to establish where bus stop 9 actually was but the staff didn’t know and when we arrived at Gatwick we got totally lost trying to find it! Check in was muddled, lovely staff but obviously thrown in the deep end trying to check us in Complimentary tea and coffee in the room lacked milk and didn’t seem to have been restocked But it was good value and transfer was efficient once you worked out where it went from!

It was good value Pick up was efficient and great value Lovely staff but I felt they were thrown in the deep end

A pleasant overnight stay before our flight from Gatwick airport.

N/a

Conveniently located for Gatwick airport with car parking facilities for the duration of our holiday. We enjoyed a meal in the restaurant, and the airport transfer both ways was speedy and efficient. Good value for money.

Awful. Belmont for us next time.
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Loud blaring foreign pop music in airport shuttle and unfriendly driver. FREEZING cold room. Lack of information or help on arrival. Really rude daytime receptionist. Uncomfortable stay all round.

Lovely, friendly, and recommended

The bar was being refurbished during our visit which was a shame .... but we were still made welcome in the restaurant for drinks/nibbles

Friendly staff - convenient to Gatwick - affordability - airport shuttle (and price!). Lovely room - equipped as expected.

Good all round. Perfect for what we needed.
    • Double Room with 8 Days Parking

First time visiting this hotel and was initially attracted by the parking facility and proximity to Gatwick Airport. From the moment of arrival with the smiley staff on the desk through to leaving after 9 hours at 03:00 for the airport transfer everything was great. We were shown to the room by Katriana which was in the Annex, it was quiet, comfortable and with a GREAT Shower! (one of my things). My car was left safe and sound without any issues. To be honest I doubted the return from the airport was going to be a smooth one, but boy I was wrong. Follow the instructions on the leaflet they give you, wait in the correct place and within 10 minutes or so the vehicle arrives. Simples! All in all a good stay and certainly use this hotel again when using Gatwick. NB. I only marked down the 'Facilities' section as we did not use or indeed need any other facilities so do not know what was available. If you read this from the hotel, Thank you, we enjoyed our stay! and hopefully will return.