Reviews of Glen Wynne Guest House 4 stars

Broad Street, Windermere, LA23 2AB, United Kingdom

#31 of 75 B&Bs and Inns in Windermere

Based on 150 B&B reviews

9.7

Great location. Lovely breakfast. Friendly hosts. Spotlessly clean.

Superbly situated 10 mins from the railway/bus station. I received a warm welcome from David & Simon. A map of the area was provided. I was able to leave my bags after checkout for a small fee that is donated to the Mountain Rescue team

A warm welcome and pleasant overnight stay
    • Small Economy Single Room

A bigger TV would have been nice, but that might just be me.

I only stayed the one night but was made to feel very welcome. Upon arrival I was upgraded to a bigger room which was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable and breakfast in the morning very tasty indeed. I hope to stay again in the future.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Just perfect

The full English breakfast was perfectly cooked and enough to ensure that we stayed full all day! Simon and David were the perfect hosts, friendly, knowledgeable and keen to ensure that you had a wonderful stay - which we did!

If you are looking for a lovely stay in the heart of the Lake District, Glen Wynne is it.

We honestly couldn't fault any aspect of our visit to Glen Wynne House and we would recommend it to everyone who wanted a break in the Lake District.

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by our hosts, David and Simon. The room was spotless and everything that we could want was provided. The full English breakfast was excellent.

Need to work out when we can return

That we had to leave

This is the cleanest place I have ever stopped in. If Simon & David ran the NHS we would never have cases of MSRA..good breakfast well prepared. Great hosts this place is a keeper

Great,
    • Small Economy Single Room

I stayed in the "small economy single room". The room was _far_ better than that label implies - it's well designed, everything works and there's adequate storage. And a great breakfast.

Great for a short stay welcoming and friendly

The owners made us feel very welcome and allowed us to come and go as we liked. The premises were very small but cosy and the room was clean and the bed comfy.

a fantastic experience

na

fantastic experience here! the location is pretty good,near to windmere railway station and bus station. both Simon and David are very nice snd make you feel being at home. the breakfast is delicious. the room is clean and comfortable. l really enjoyed the stay here. big thanks to Simon and David

OWNERS VERY WELCOMING & HELPFUL.

OWNERS VERY WELCOMING & HELPFUL. ROOM CLEAN & TIDY. SHOWER/BATHROOM SPOTLESS. BREAKFAST CHOICE WONDERFUL. WOULD STAY AGAIN NEXT TIME IN THE AREA.

Delightful B&B run by two delightful people and good value to boot! 😊

Shower pressure was a little low but lots of hot water

Single room with large bed, space grand for one. Lovely and clean. Warm welcome by owners, Simon & David. Delightful couple most helpful and attentive. Excellent choice at breakfast - fresh fruit, fruit juice, cereal, croissants, full cooked breakfast, toast - first class quality, locally sourced food.

This is without doubt the cleanest B&B in existence, it...

It was perfect.

This is without doubt the cleanest B&B in existence, it shines. The room I was allocated was as booked. ‘A small single’ but despite this the room was very comfortable and was very well equipped. The hosts are absolutely charming. After a very good night sleep we woke to a excellent breakfast. This is an absolute must. Don’t miss out.

Pleasant staff.
    • Small Economy Single Room

Checkout time/Breakfast could be pushed back and hour and half hour respectively

Pleasant staff. Good breakfast. Clean facilities ,good room layout.

Nice guesthouse-Perfect stay

The breakfast Time Could be a bit longer. It is just from 8:30 - 9:00.

The room was great, also the breakfast was very good. Not far from The Train Station .

I’ll be back - this accommodation delivers everything it promises
    • Small Economy Single Room

The location map on the Booking.com website was a bit confusion and I missed the turn into Broad St,

Excellent personal welcome and clean and tidy property

I would be wary of "the last room" in a Guest House.

Bedroom in the 2nd floor attic, we had to often mind our head. Bathroom shower - very narrow, with a fixed overhead shower. Should have been a flexible telephone shower in such a narrow space.

Good Breakfast. Very helpful interactions with the owners.

Perfect for a one night stay. Easy access to walks and lake.

Wish the hot breakfast had been a little hotter.

Bed was lovely and comfy. We were in the loft room, lovely en-suite shower and roomy. Added touch of chocolate bars on the coffee/tea tray. Careful on the stair to the room, narrow, even for my little size 3 feet. Were able to use on street parking just a street away. Lovely fruit salad for breakfast, and good choices of hot food. The owners Dave and Simon were very friendly and hospitable.

Excellent, would highly recommend

Couldn't fault this place!

Very friendly welcome and attentive host, clean, comfortable and well apportioned room with good facilities, good location, great breakfast.

Will be back!

A very nice little B&B,right in the town of Windermere. Very clean B&B,with a good full English brekkie!Room was great for what I needed,as I was traveling alone and it was only for a nights stay.It was perfect. Simon the owner was extremely helpful and very informative.Will definitely stay again!!

Overall the position was great as were the owners.

Our room was in roof space. The wardrobe facilities were minute and very difficult to access. There was a good shower but the hand basin was not big enough to be useful in any way!!

You can walk into Windermere village which is ideal for meals in evening. Owners were very friendly and gave lots of tips and advice for exploring the area.

Welcoming with perfect hosts

Absolutely nothing!

David and Simon are lovely hosts, always welcomed me back in the evening and asked how my day had been. Lovely breakfasts and very tasty, plenty to eat to set you up for the day. Absolutely spotless accommodation and very comfy. Less than 10 minutes walk from Windermere train/bus station and very handy for the local shopping area. Plenty of bars and restaurants. Would definitely recommend a visit.

Great hosts great food clean accommodation, please pass this on to David and Simon

There is nothing that I didn't like

David and Simon are great hosts making me feel welcome from the moment I arrived. The room was clean bed was comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. I could not have picked a nicer place to stay , my only regret was that I could not have stayed longer . Highly recommended and if I manage to get to Windamere again this will be my first choice of somewhere to stay

Loved every minute of it.

Our hosts David & Simon were very friendly and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble for them. We stayed in room 3 and it was well presented and nice and clean and the bed was roomy and comfortable. There was lots of choice for breakfast and it was very tasty. Ideally sited for a nice stroll to lake Windermere and very close to local restaurants and shops. I would recommend staying here.

Very welcoming and friendly.

It would have been helpful to have been able to eat breakfast a little earlier so we could make an earlier start on our walk.

Very welcoming and friendly. Room was very comfortable and well provided, breakfast was great! I expect to go back.

The owners were lovely very friendly and helpful.

The owners were lovely very friendly and helpful. An enjoyable stay guest house was spotless and they were very attentive. Breakfast was divine and I would highly recommend staying at glen wynn will go back soon thanks guys so love windermere

Clean, comfy, lovely hosts, fantastic breakfast.

I wasn't keen on the decor in the bedroom. It was a bit old fashioned for my liking and too many different big clashing patterns. Rather than there being a light switch for the bathroom there was a sensor, so the light switched on when you went in. That was fine, except when I was in the shower, the sensor didn't know I was there, so the light switched off mid-shower meaning I was stuck in the dark trying to work out how to open the shower door, which was not the most relaxing of experiences. There was a note in the guest welcome/info book in the room asking guests not to wash clothes in the room. Nothing wrong with that, but I found it a bit much that they also put a sign up in the bathroom above the sink saying the same thing - it just felt a bit petty and annoying and not conducive to relaxing, having stuff like that stuck up on the walls. The free mini chocolate bars with the tea and coffee were not very nice, would have been better to either have something better quality or nothing at all.

The hosts were friendly and welcoming and helped me with local information that I needed. The room and ensuite bathroom were clean and in good condition. The bed was comfy. There was everything you needed (kettle, teabags, milk, hairdryer, TV, etc). The bodywash and shampoo provided were nice. The full English breakfast was really delicious. There was a good selection of cereal, fresh fruits and yoghurts to have at breakfast as well.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Glen Wynn discovered by accident after a booking by Booking .com's website double booked us...

There was nothing to dislike.

Unlike the previous booking through Booking .com that was a complete failure and disapointing to say the least, we've had a brilliant time staying with Simon and David and will most definately be staying with them the next time we over in the Lake District. Most highly recommended. 12 hours after booking on line at another guest house, a telephone call from the guest house said we were double booked, so you can imagine the disappointment, especially as this was the first time I'd booked on-line and with Booking .com, so a quick search for another guest house was undertaken and found a gem of one with Simon and David's Glen Wynn. We cannot recommend them highly enough and their knowledge of the local area and for suggestions of somewhere to eat in the evening was very impressive. So all in all, if you need somewhere to stay in Windermere, or need a base for exploring the area, just book in at Glen Wynn, you will not be disappointed.

Excellent.

Everything was excellent. Room was fantastic. Very comfortable and very clean. Breakfast also excellent. Only 5minutes from windermere town centre. Also 20 minute walk to bowness.

Overall a good stay, we would stay again.

Caffeine free hot drink alternative on welcome tray in room. More comfy bed and pillows.

Scrupulously clean. Full English breakfast was good,, bacon had the fat already cut off, just how we like it! Simon was a great host.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Excellent guest house - 2

Great guest house with everything you could possibly need. Fabulous breakfast with locally sourced produce. Comfortable room with nice bathroom, super clean. Owners of guest house were lovely and provided us with information about the area. We will definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

The two managers are really nice and careful, the b&b is...

The bathroom was very small and there was no mention of this anywhere.

The two managers are really nice and careful, the b&b is in a nice position - close to the Windermer centre, the room was very clean. Moreover, the breakfast was really good.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Wonderful, friendly and welcoming guesthouse

Nothing, everything was excellent.

The staff were so lovely, accommodating and friendly. They made us feel completely at home and were so helpful with suggesting activities during our trip. The breakfast was excellent as well!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Feel so spoiled and happy here :)

Nothing. I love this b&b

It's comfortable and really clean. Staff are helpful and nice. They help clean up the room and shower, change the towel everyday. They even helped me to hang my jacket properly and fold the toilet paper like 5 stars hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

A great place to stay in Windermere

Every thing was lovely about the B&B. David and Simon where great hosts. They don't have parking at the B&B, but Simon helped me park across the street after the workers from down town went home. They also have a public parking lot about 1/2 block away. We just walked to down town, just 3 minutes away. Even though we were close to down town, the street did not have lorries going up and down it. It was a nice quiet neighborhood.

Glen Wynne.
    • Small Economy Single Room

Nice polite staff. Felt very welcomed.

none

none

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Really comfy beds, a lovely clean room and a yummy breakfast.

Really comfy beds, a lovely clean room and a yummy breakfast. I’d recommend to anyone visiting the area.

The most friendly BnB I have ever stayed.

The most friendly BnB I have ever stayed. Excellent breakfast too!

We really enjoyed our stay!

We really enjoyed our stay! Great location and the room was beautiful and very clean!

Extremely enjoyable

Very hospitable Great breakfast

Nice quiet location close to town centre

Comfortable bed and quiet location.

Cracking little place

Central location, great hosts and extremely clean. Breakfast was delicious with fresh fruit, cereals and full english on offer.

fabulous

Clean towels every day. Lovely breakfast. Very friendly and helpful owners.

the friendliness of the owners,the comfort of my room,the...
    • Small Economy Single Room

the friendliness of the owners,the comfort of my room,the excellent breakfast.

Amazing relaxing weekend

Very friendly and helpfull, Catered for dietary needs and very Clean house

convenient

lovely house. it's very convenient to go to city centre or bowness

Great location with warm and friendly hosts

Bed was really comfy, room airy and light, warm and friendly hosts, lovely full English breakfast.

Lovely place

It was all good . Nothing to complain about

Hospitality . Both the owners were very kind and helpful

Wonderful hosts Simon and David, great location in central...

Room decor very nice and clean but many could do with a little refreshing

Wonderful hosts Simon and David, great location in central Windermere

I had an early start but breakfast was made early for me.
    • Small Economy Single Room

I had an early start but breakfast was made early for me. Very friendly staff and I was made to feel welcome. Also the breakfast was top notch!

Dave and Simon were lovely, bed was like sleeping on a cloud...

Dave and Simon were lovely, bed was like sleeping on a cloud and a nice brekky.

Excellent little guesthouse
    • Small Double Room

Nothing. Nothing to dislike.

Everything was spot on. Lovely breakfast. Comfortable bed. Nice people who owned it. 10/10

Good choice.
    • Small Double Room

A little bit cold during night.

Breakfast and location are perfect.

Very friendly made to feel very welcome and a wonderful...

Very friendly made to feel very welcome and a wonderful breakfast

Biggest breakfast I ever had and very good.
    • Small Economy Single Room

Biggest breakfast I ever had and very good. Very close to rail station, shopping, museums, harbor, clean bath, room comfy bed, good views

Very gentle staff, delicious breakfast and comfy
    • Small Economy Single Room

Apparently the mattress was larger than the base, so the bed was a little crooked.

- Delicious breakfast. - Comfy rooms - Excellent staff

Excellent breakfast and welcoming owners.

The room was warm with no ventilation. Duvet's too heavy for the room temperature.

Excellent breakfast and welcoming owners.

Would definitely go again

Very clean owners welcoming pleasant

Excellent, extremely clean and great hosts

Simon and David were wonderful hosts and the property was spotlessly clean, very enjoyable

An above average bnb with touches of hotel standards
    • Small Economy Single Room

Breakfast was lovely.. nice room layout with a clever little bathroom

Nice staff. Cozy room. Feel like home.

none.

convenient location. Good facility. Room a bit small but cozy. Simon and David are very helpful.

Host were very nice place was also very clean

Twin room a bit small

Host were very nice place was also very clean

Everything exceptional.

Everything exceptional. Lovely hosts.

Everything about the guest house was perfect.

Wasn't anything to dislike

Everything about the guest house was perfect.Fantastic hosts.

Great place to stay
    • Small Economy Single Room

They were really nice. Excellent service. Made me feel very much welcome. Very helpful. I would definitely go back and recommend to my friends

Simon and David are really nice and helpful.
    • Small Economy Single Room

Simon and David are really nice and helpful. The award-winning breakfast is great. Comfortable stay. Love this place.

breakfast, cleaness, staff attitude

breakfast, cleaness, staff attitude

Lovely room, great location.

Very comfortable room, great location right in the centre of Windermere.

We had a brilliant stay.

We had a brilliant stay. The rooms were lovely, and the owners were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also delicious!

Excellent stay

Excellent well prepared breakfast and the hosts were very friendly and welcoming

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Best room in Britain!
    • Small Economy Single Room

Great location, wonderful hosts, incredible award winning breakfast and a gorgeous room! Stay here!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

lovely say

Everything great atmosphere,lovely location

Breakfast was extremely good,the owners were most welcoming,definitely stay again

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Lovely place and friendly staff

Lovely place and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Comfortable B&B in great location

Nice friendly owners, good clean single on suite room. Lovey breakfast. Great location

Third time staying here, once again very enjoyable,...

Third time staying here, once again very enjoyable, standards still high and breakfast was spot on! Thank you Simon and David.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Very friendly staff, tasty breakfast.

Very friendly staff, tasty breakfast. Recommend