Reviews of Godalming Hotel

65 Meadrow, Godalming, GU7 3HS, United Kingdom

#6 of 6 hotels in Godalming

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Awful, don't stay here

The rooms were dirty, there was no hot water on the Saturday morning when we were off to a wedding. We complained along with another guest and were told we would get £10 back on checkout then at checkout the staff member said they would have to check with the manager, he then disappeared and we waited then he said he couldn't get hold of him and there was nothing he could do. Absolutely awful service, it was as if the staff didn't realise they worked there and cleanliness was not high on the agenda. Would never stay here again or recommend anyone to stay.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Awful

The room access to the room and general cleanliness was appalling I opted out of breakfast on the basis that if what I could see was dirty I was not prepared to risk anything from an area I could not see.

Leaving

Does not deserve 2.5, but can’t score lower. Drab, dirty. Cold shower/broken hot water

no hot water to have a shower with, we were offered free cancellation of the following night, but failed to realise the issue was that I had shampoo in my hair and only freezing cold water to wash it out with and a wedding to go to in an hour or so. We were offered £10 off the price of our stay, which never materialised and is inadequate considering the basic amenities were not provided. Room dusty and full of cobwebs. Ben linen awful satin sheets. Drab, depressing, dated, dirty. Broken time and low lighting to hide the filth. Awful breakfast, as a vegan I was offered dry toast and jam (I had emailed ahead with no response). No response to further emails sent. Would not recommend. The minimum I seem able to score the property is 2.5, it certainly does not deserve that.

Ideal for a quick visit.

The water could have been hotter in the shower. The bathroom was sparse and I suspect cold in the winter. The window blind was broken so the light came in too early after our late night out at a wedding! Bedding a tad basic but clean none the less. Laminate floors are never cosy.

Breakfast was very good and plentiful with extra tea and coffees offered. This is not a luxury hotel, but neither is the price and with free breakfast it is good value. The friendly Hungarian waiter was very helpful, connecting us to the free wifi. About a 10 min walk into Godalming. The mattress was soft and comfy. Towels were large.

Location, Goldalming is a lovely town and the room was...

It was unwelcome, when we arrived there was no hello just have you paid!! Room wasn’t clean, bedding had not been ironed. No hot water, breakfast over cooked and generally very disappointing our room was dark cold and damp.

Location, Goldalming is a lovely town and the room was quite

Over 5 years .

Over 5 years .Third time of staying for just 1 night for family occasion,bed/bathroom begining too look a little tired,but breakfast and welcome good.wouldnt hesitate to stay again for an odd night .

The shower

The breakfast was not good at all, sausage was burnt. The room was very small for £ 55. Normally get a double room for £60, but was fully booked.

The shower

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Did what I required.

A bit tired and scruffy. Cleanliness adequate and OK for the price but probably wouldn't stay again.

Friendly staff and good private parking. Dog friendly. Very hot and plentiful water.

Pleasant stay

All the rooms bosted that they had wooden flooring only problem is that you can hear other people walking around, but don't let this put you off unless you are like me a light sleeper

Room was nice, bathroom was fine, location was ok few pubs in walking distance that served food, breakfast was ok

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Lovely stop off

Car access to the rear car park was very tight. Not much space between sink and access to the shower.

Room size was good, nice to have coffee, tea, water and complimentary wine.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Not worth the money, attitude of some staff left a lot to be desired

The attitude of the staff member when I checked in was unhelpful and left a lot to be desired. It was late and I was tired. He was more interested in taking my money than welcoming me or giving me any information. He didn’t tell me when breakfast was or the WiFi code. I had to find it on the wall when I went to breakfast. I arrived for breakfast at 8.30am and there was no staff to greet me I sat for about 15mins before anyone came. I eventually helped myself to cereal and juice. When a member of staff finally came he told me breakfast had finished! However after explaining that I’d not been informed the time of breakfast he made me some eggs and tomatoes. The room was very small with blinds up that didn’t keep the light out. The room was basic to say the least. The walls were paper thin to the point I could hear my neighbours partner on the phone! The mattress was soft and the sheet had a mark on.

The WiFi when I finally got the code. It wasn’t far from the train station.

Really well run and comfortable hotel.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I knew it was a shared shower but it was a single shower on a different floor. Also a shared single toilet. I know thats the layout of the building but it makes for having to get dressed to go and use the toilet in the middle of the night.

Very clean and comfortable bed. Breakfast was a fast and very efficient process but was fantastic. Exceptionally good value for money. The wifi was a good strong signal.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Good location but very disturbed sleep due to traffic noise. Extremely disappointing breakfast.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Room located at front of property right in front of a very busy main road and noise was really bad from heavy traffic throughout the night. Breakfast very poor - sausages so over over cooked they were almost inedible and toast dry and overall breakfast very disappointing

Decent size room sleeping 3 people and good shower- hot and plenty of water. Comfortable beds. Good location for Guildford- 10 minute straight drive to Guildford city centre

Very disappointing

Broken venetion blind - broken shower fan - no a/c - narrow stair with no handrail - dirty window cill - No instructions - Mould in shower - No internal phone system - Traffic noise - WC cistern leaks

Breakfast was OK, but timing during the week too tight (except for early rising business people.

It was ok. I probably wont need to stay there again which is a relief to be honest.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The bed linen was a bit "tired" and smelled very strongly of (over-perfumed) washing detergent. General grubbiness (skirting boards). The breakfast was disappointing. The bacon was dry and hard (inedible), mushrooms undercooked. Sausage and egg ok. The milk was skimmed!!!!! Vile. If you serve fully skimmed milk, then please offer full fat too. Impossible to cream your coffee with this stuff.

Good location for visiting family. Good sized room. Fairly quiet location.

good wine in room bed was ok i slept the hotel met my expectation level
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

for me nothing in fact the wine in room was a very nice touch I guess if your a light sleeper the traffic noise may be a draw back

breakfast to me was excellent the facilties ie toilet shower were close to the room I stayed in so not an issue however other guest would have had a different opinion shower a little compact but I am a large person parking ok but if hotel full with every one driving it would not accomadate all cars and additional parking area up a very narrow drive along side hotel I personaly would stay there again because it was value for the money I paid

A good base to stay to explore Area

The Breakfast was nicely prepared and was just just a short walk from a nearby Pub (Three Lions) that did good food and entertainment (on Saturday nights)

Comfortable, cheap and friendly- perfect combination
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We stayed at the Godalming Hotel for 4 nights and we didn’t expect it to be so amazing, but it was- it is a great value; we got a lot for our money here. People are really nice, rooms are comfortable, breakfast is perfect and location as well. I would recommend it to everyone who is simple and easy going.

You get what you pay for - and a little bit more
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared toilet / shower - I understood that - but just one of each Staircase to shower was narrow and steep - and no handrail Shower room was grimy - dirty layers on every bar of the towel rail / heater Nowhere to hang room key in the shower room

Generally well-appointed - all that was advertised was provided. Breakfast better than I expected - cooked breakfast presented well. Unexpected small bottle of wine in the room

One to miss

Grey towels. Burgundy bedding. Cobwebs in bathroom. Difficult access to car park. No view except roofs. Naff prints on walls. Poor cooked breakfast. Asked for payment as soon as we arrived.

Easy access to godalming and guildford.

Indifferent stay.

Breakfast looked like it had bern cooked for some time as bacon hard / mushrooms not fresh, sausages in similar vein to bacon. Shower door broken, very difficult to open / close. This was same for both rooms I booked, and also for rooms our party had. Mattress on bed seemed to bow in middle, so not comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Meh

When arriving staff made no communication just cared about taking the money. Didn't show us to our room. Breakfast is only surved til half 8 so only an hour to get food.

Clean room. Nice finishing touches ie wine in room

Avoid.

The location right next to a really busy main road will keep even the heaviest of sleepers awake. On arrival there were no staff around but a builder repairing floor tiles in the lobby area, when a member of staff turned up he was very flustered wasn’t very communicative or helpful and wanted paying for rooms we’d not even seen yet! One of The rooms smelt of damp dog, the room door needed a strong adult to open it, the pictures on the website are nothing compared to what it actually looks like, be aware of no available parking if returning after 10pm.

A one night stop over for a wedding. Nice bathroom and comfy bed, breakfast was nice plenty of toast. Helpful man serving breakfast. Free wine and water in the rooms.

An ok, basic hotel, but it is just that.

The member of staff who checked us in wasn't very welcoming, as the first thing he asked was for our credit card rather than welcoming us. Unfortunately the room was tired, with peeling paint in places and the bed felt like it was nearing the end of it's lifespan.

The room was clean, and the staff allowed us to check in early to get ready for a wedding. The small bottles of wine were a nice touch too.

Average...Have stayed in worse(but not much worse) Price cheaper ..so get what you pay for...

staff not very welcoming, (apart from breakfast waiter)...Receptionist guy pulled a face when we asked for extra pillows and towels. Refused to give us any more milk portions when we asked...said he put loads in the room...6 only !!!! Didnt react to our request on booking ages ago...to put my elderly 88 year old mother in a ground floor room...guy said...single rooms are in the attic ...in other words ...tough.!!!! Bed far too soft...towels hard and crispy, cleanliness in rooms not acceptable...dusty and bathroom was filthy. hard floors and no rugs. bedding old and tired looking. breakfast very average...very small portions.....not cooked that nicely ...overdone bacon and sausage.

loation only

Poor

Poor quality unironed bedding. Pillow case missing on one pillow. Stained mattress. Mouldy shower. Dirty windows. Paint chipped window ledges. Unkempt outside and no lighting in the car pack at the back of hotel. Desperate need of refurb. Positive... wine and water left with tea and coffe.

Overall very good for price
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared Bathroom & Toilet (which no one appeared to flush) This was reflected in Price. Stairs a bit steep.

Reception/Breakfast room was Superb. Breakfast & Staff were good

Very poor

The room was dirty. There was a used condom in the bathroom. The shower door was broken. There was no hand towel. Breakfast was poor as there were not enough tables for all the guests. There were no bowls for cereal and the selection was poor.

The bread was nice.

Terrible, would not stay again.

There was no welcome, customer service non-existence. The room we were given was small, the furniture looked tired, literally had to side step along the bed before you could get into the room and shut the door. The bathroom was dirty, hairs on the floor, scum in the shower which was falling apart, not at all pleasant. Breakfast no comment as it wasn't available for the time we needed. Parking is a joke, don't go with anything bigger than a Mini. £94.50 is way too expensive, would rather have stayed at the Premier Inn down the road. Photos on the website are very misleading.

Leaving, left a day early NOT HAPPY.

For a 3 star it was fine we felt welcome and may stay there again.

Hard to say as only there 2 days we were out all the time with family.

loved the building very elegant entrance. The breakfast was nicely presented and to my taste no grease. Very polite people. Would have liked crossaints to go with the excellent coffee but overall the hotel was fine.

No not recommend, at all

Overpriced bed and breakfast (not hotel) but in a good location. Room was not clean, TV didn't work, shower was temperamental. We paid for breakfast but the B&B was in such a poor state we didn't risk it and went out for breakfast.

Great nights sleep if you don’t mind a soft bed.

Bed was really soft and had to lay on a pillow to give my back some support, however I slept so well. I was leaving early Saturday morning before breakfast at 8am, normally 7am in the week, so I didn’t get to sample the full English breakfast, but the Sainsbury’s Petrol station a short car ride away provided a cold bacon sandwich. Car parking was a bit of squeeze up the drive up the side of the building if you couldn’t get parked on the front, but plenty of space there.

Great location, room size and bathroom perfect, very happy with the layout. Clean and Tidy. Tea and coffee making facilities excellent on a good size table. Quiet location, so no disturbances whatsoever. Staff very good, and waited for me when I phoned to say I would be there. a few minutes after check in had closed.

Cheap and cheerful for a one nighter (I wouldnt use it for a romantic stay!!)

The shower area could do with a clean (fungus on silicon around shower tray)

The breakfast was OK the service at breakfast was poor (10 mins before coffee and order taken)

We were met by a most polite member of staff when we arrived at 6 pm on Saturday 16th June. He also

However, it would have been nice to have supplied biscuits to go with the tea!

We liked the bottle of complimentary wine and the fact that you supplied mugs, much better than little tea cups.

To be recommended

I suppose everyone whinges about the narrow car park access to the rear but I took it as a stimulating challenge! Not much to be done about it anyway. Go for it! :-)

A very nice touch was a bottle of wine in the room for the thirsty traveller. Beds very comfy, and a surprisingly quiet night's rest in this busy town. Excellent breakfast. Brilliant place to stay

Wouldn't rush back but wouldn't say I'd never stay again.

Let's start at arrival. Front car park...tiny, rear car park...up the narrowest road to the rear of the hotel which, if you have a large car like me, is a real test of your manoevering skills to find yet another tiny car park. We were late arriving but had rang ahead to let them know and were given instructions to enter and pick up our room key (plus point here) Our room was a twin as requested but very basic and needed the corners etc. cleaning and dusting.

The beds (despite looking quite old) were comfortable but the pillows let it down. Extra pillows were available though. The downstairs areas were obviously the ones recently updated and were very nice and well done. Our bathroom had new fittings and was bright and airy with a good shower and shower gel/handwash. Tea and coffee making facilities were in the room with complimentary water and red wine 👍🏻 Breakfast was very nice and served in the lovely dining area with TV staff more than happy to provide extra food on request. Hope they get round to sprucing up the bedrooms and finding their feather duster then it would be a lovely hotel.

Very unsatisfactory. Nothing like described on website. Glad we weren't staying longer.

Room very shabby. Cleanliness poor. What looked like urine on bathroom floor. Room not prepared properly. No towels, cups, milk, water. Bedding old. Mattress uncomfortable. Breakfast table not fully laid up. Had to ask for cutlery, mug, glass, side plate.

Breakfast well cooked

It was a very bad hotel and if I was you I’d take it off you list 😖

All of it not worth the money and we’ve asked for a part refund it was not worth the money we paid 😡

We ended up with single beds when we booked a double room and it was drab and not very clean 😖

Staff were friendly, breakfast was reasonable, room was very...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff were friendly, breakfast was reasonable, room was very small and difficult to use sink due to configuration, bed wasn’t very comfortable and curtains weren’t great for blocking sunlight out.

Disappointing & definitely over-priced.

Room was dark - gloomy decor ,horrible old furniture , dark bed linen & an odd items- room crowded & oppressive. Bathroom was awkward- nowhere to put toiletries or cosmetics.Old, odd towels>Breakfast poor-cheap bread & preserves.Shrubs a wilderness.

Clean room , reasonably priced with free parking. Could do with nicer sheets and closer toilet
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There wasn’t a toilet in the room or on the same floor. I was expecting the toilet and bathroom to opposite .

The staff where helpful on my arriving and communicated perfectly . They where also relaxed about me checking out

Good value - score would have been lower if breakfast hadn't been so good!

Room was adequate but perhaps needs updating although beds were comfortable enough. It was a warm day so had to leave window open and a lot of little flies came in attracted to the light.

Breakfast was excellent - easy 10 min walk into town centre.

Will not stay here again

We thought a lick of paint and general tidy up would make a more comfortable stay.. The cooked breakfast was luke warm on both mornings and not very impressive. Very limited choice of teas and as I only drink green tea I went without.

My room had a good shower

I was glad when it was time to leave.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Toilet wasn't very clean, we shared it with at least 6 other rooms. The TV remote didn't always do anything, the TV cut out, lost the channel/switched off at random, mattress was lumpy & loud traffic

Breakfast was lovely, came quickly and was just what we asked for.

The dirtiest room I've ever stayed in. Avoid.

This is hands down the dirtiest hotel room I've ever stayed in. As a frequent business traveller, I've used a variety of chain/franchise hotels, alongside privately owned hotels and B&B's. This was the worst. My bathroom appeared not to have been properly cleaned for at least weeks, possibly months. The floor, shower and corners of the room were not just dusty, but contained dirt, hair and various other detritus. The sink and WC had been surfaced wiped, but Toilet Paper for example, was even grimy. This extended into the bedroom, where dust hung from cobwebs above my bed, which was low level due to being a twin room into the sloping loft. The bed itself had seen better days. The mattress was long past its best, being lumpy and of varying degrees of firmness. The sheets had been turned inside out to try to extend their useable life, the bobbles, black spots and various other marks shouldn't have made it through the change cycle, let alone be put back onto the bed. The duvet seemed reasonably clean, I slept on top of this as a result. The lack of air conditioning meant that the hotel had placed a very large box fan into the room, which was at least recognising that the loft location was particularly hot. The fan did move some air which helped a little, but sadly the associated noise was not conductive to sleeping. There was no real handover on checkin, other than a key and a guide to the room, and although the staff member mentioned to 'come and get me if you need anything' didn't indicate a method of doing so. How I wished I had pressed this at the time, as after dropping my bags and heading straight out for dinner, upon returning I was not able to locate anyone to complain.

2 Bottles of water in room. Honestly, this is the best thing I can say about my room.

Wouldn't return or recommend.

Room poorly put together, bedding/towels old, pillow dirty. Dreary nothing matching. Damp on bathroom ceiling, needs deep clean. Bedroom window blind broken. Bathroom mirror light not working. Noisy traffic, didn't come up to website expectations.

Charming , cosy and a little awkward
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The awkwardness of the shower, also had no soap dispenser like most hotels , add a soap or shower gel dispenser in shower and it would be useful, there is no sign or instructions in room to say whether your alowed to drink the wine or water in room without getting charged ?

I liked that even though I had to leave abit earlier for breakfast they still made me toast and coffee , that they were next to a bus route

Great breakfast and location. Friendly staff and clean hotel . We have stayed here before.

Parking is quiet narrow for larger cars but we were ok as there was room at the front of the property.

Location. Price. Friendly. Good breakfast. Clean

Good value for money
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My room was facing to the main road so it was quite noisy during rush hour in the morning.

I arrived very late (01:00!) but the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

Could be good. Sadly isn't. need a good clean and to remember attention to detail matters

It needed a good deep clean. Sadly there was dust on a lot of items and funiture. The bathroom light didn't work which meant leaving door open into bedroom to see! Also only had hand liquid soap in bathroom, no actual soap. No other toiletries either, so take your own everything! Tv v v small so if your eyesight is poor beware. Not a big problem though really. Said brown bread avaliable for breakfast - we never saw any! The portion sizes at said breakfast were small and not great quality. Would have been nice to have got our requested quiet room rather than being able to hear the road. Also a head's up regarding the local extensive road works would have been helpful as a number of the construction workers were staying and not they get up v v early and aren't particularly quiet. Overall not a great stay. Won't be returning as not for us.

The window in the bedroom could be opened which is a bonus as in some many hotels you aren't able to.

Adequate for one night but will not return.

I could smell cigarette smoke as I walked into the hotel. The public area carpets needed vacuuming and my bathroom needed maintenance - mouldy grouting in the shower, gaps between laminate flooring and tiling. I could hear the conversation of guests in next door bedroom. My drinking glass smelled of aftershave. I did not like loud football on plasma TV while I ate my breakfast.

Friendly staff. The bed was comfy and the breakfast was good.

Would stay here again
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Breakfast was good. Room size perfect.

After reading some reviews was unsure about how this hotel would be but it was perfect for my short weekend. Would book this hotel again.

Good breakfast

Room very dusty needs a deep clean Bedroom blind broken unable to close properly All night traffic Towels rough Decor needs refreshing

Good breakfast Member of staff very polite and helpful Complementary tea, coffee,water and wine in room Within walking distance of most amenities

Single room, shared bathroom: Very comfortable, friendly staff, great breakfast
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Parking was an issue both nights I stayed. The front car park is small and only fits 4 cars/ vans. Although they advertise rear parking, the lane leading to it is so narrow I wasn't comfortable driving my Skoda down it. I had to park next door at the vets, which wasn't an issue, but it was annoying.

Room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Room included a tv and tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast was served quickly and was very tasty.

My stay was disappointing and the room was not as advertised.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I booked a single room with a shared bathroom. The room was not supplied as advertised. There wasn’t a shared “bathroom”. The facilities comprised of one shower cubicle on the same floor, no sink or toilet in this area. The toilet was the communal toilet on the next floor down, available to all guests, no wash hand basin in this room. The room was small as expected but no wardrobe. Hangers were provided behind the eaves but not full length hanging space. The mattress was extremely soft, almost like a hammock. I was provided with one medium towel. The was a vague smell of smoke in the room and a broken dish/ashtray on the shelf behind the eaves and a piece on the floor behind the bed. I checked in early and left my bag as I was too early to have the room. When I arrived back late at night there was no one to mention any of the above to. The next morning I tried to talk to the same staff member who had checked me in but he didn’t seem interested and said that no one else had had a problem with the room or the facilities. This was a real shame as I often visit the area but this was my first and last trip to this place.

Breakfast was fine. Standard b&b cooked, non branded cereal, variety of packaged jams but no marmalade available. Nice toast.

Ideally situated and value for money.

Maybe the decor in the bedroom was a little tired, but then we were only in it to sleep. The car park at the side of the property was a little steep and narrow, but there is some parking available to the front.

We were made very welcome on arrival. Our room was on the ground floor which for me was a bonus. Breakfasts were excellent. Location within walking distance of the restaurant and relatives home. We would book again.

Ok but felt room not serviced

No toilet paper other people’s stuff in the dressing table. See photo cigarettes left in draw . Only one mugs and no milk

Room did not have two cups milk. N

Would stay again, was convenient for our requirements, overall was fairly clean, breakfast was very

The shower was a little snug to get into past the sink.

The room was fairly clean, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was nice, the one staff member that I met was very nice.

Great little hotel with good staff.

The bathroom was in need of an overhaul. Shower too small, sink too big, no shelf to put wash things on, bathroom radiator rusty.

The staff were friendly and very helpful. The bedroom was well furnished, modern and relaxing. The bed fabulously comfortable. Complementary bottles of water and small bottle of wine were a nice touch. Would definitely stay here again.

We had a very [pleasant stay; good value for money. We will be back next time we have to visit the a

The carpet on the stairs was shabby & needs replacing; also no towel rail in the bathroom.

Room at the back was quiet & comfortable (hotel is on busy road). The shower is disable ou (though not a wet room). The dining room and lounge are spacious; menus was very good; staff were pleasant. There is a large terrace- great for long summer evenings. The night we were there, there was a quiz on which we could have joined. Breakfast has a v good menu.

Reasonable value but would not return.

The room was small and dark and the photos on the site did not represent room 1. The bathroom was poor. The wash basin leaked and the wash basin plunger did not work. The extractor in the bathroom did not work and the wall and floor tiles were cracked and chipped and mould on the grouting. The outlook was very poor and looking at fallen down fencing panels. The grounds were overgwon

Bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Good breakfast and coffee..

It would be beneficial to have a mirror in room 18.

As above

It would be beneficial to have a mirror in room 18. It only had the one in the bathroom. So getting ready to go out proved difficult as there was no mirror for me to see what i was doing while getting ready. We could not plug in the bedside lamps as they didn't reach the plug socket. Generally not very clean.

Dirty and unhygenic.

Room was disgustingly dirty. On arrival I found a used sanitary towel in my en-suite bathroom! Toilet was filthy. Toilet brush next to toilet a health hazard- covered in poo and old tissue. Blood stain on my pillow case. Room was extremely dusty, especially on blinds above bed. Blind broken. No sound proofing, guests in room next door were extremely noisy. Hotel took payment from my reservation card without asking. Breakfast- veggie option portions were adequate for a small child. Litter scattered around in the car park. Wifi dropped in and out constantly.

The man on reception/breakfast was polite and very apologetic when I had complaints. He offered me another room, but toilet there was just as disgusting. New bottle of water in room every day. Kettle with tea and coffee in room.

A cheap and cheerful stay (not for the first time!

TV reception!

A cheap and cheerful stay (not for the first time!). Small room but clean. Nice breakfast included in the reasonable price. Friendly welcome. Godalming town centre a stroll away. Could do with upgrading the TV signal - very flaky picture kept breaking up. Free parking on site.

Has potential but very tired hotel in need of much investment to make clean, bright and functional.

Room. Bed. Linen. Lack of hanging space. Operation of blinds. Overall Cleanliness of room. Lack of functional power supply (none). Very tired!

English Breakfast. The only member of staff we encountered. Very obliging.

Very Average.

Poor breakfast standard. Dirty bathroom. Excessive sound travel from neighbouring rooms. No parking available although requested.

Pleasant breakfast staff

The most comfortable night of my life

Godalming Hotel was extremely stylish and exceptionally immaculate. The temperature of the hotel was cosy and inviting. The bed was the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept on. We had a fantastic nights sleep. It truly was one of the best experiences we have had. We will definitely be back in the near future and at £59 per night was fantastic value for money. Absolutely outstanding!!

The toilet had a bad smell.

The toilet had a bad smell. Had to flush it a few times and open the window. The smell did eventually disappear. This should be checked out before others stay in the room. The staff was very helpful and did offer to move us to another room but we declined as by then the smell had gone.

Convenient to be close to my son and family.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Bfast very basic esp bacon and sausages not nice. No fruit or yoghurt. Rooms along main road very noisy. Unable to sleep.

Bedroom was neat. Good bedding.

Nice hotel, great for business in Godalming

Bathroom was teeny, but had everything required.

Only 1 member of staff seemed to be doing everything from reception, cleaning & breakfast service - but he was superb. Felt looked after and nothing too much trouble. Good location for central Godalming, with the bonus of free parking.

Good breakfast and with free off road parking.

However although beds were comfortable, the bedding could have done with an iron and sheets and mattress cover meant that I experienced a hot and uncomfortable nights sleep. A change to less polyester bedding would alleviate this.

Adam has to be congratulated on his friendly and professional service throughout our stay. Attending to all our needs. Well done. Lovely hot shot shower and shiny stylish communal areas.

I like this sort of place.

Can’t think of anything

I like this sort of place... it’s not corporate....which I prefer. Breakfast is very good and host was very attentive. Ticks all the boxes for me.

Provided a bed when needed.

See above.

At £77 I expected hair shampoo etc in the bathroom. Only saw one member of staff and he was friendly enough. Breakfast fine. Overall view - expensive for what it is.

Friendly helpful staff. Nice breakfast. Basic room and amenities but cheap and cheerful
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was very small and very cold; window had been left open but staff turned heating up for me and I turned the rad up full then it was better. Tv too! Small and tinny but did the job. Also the toilet was down the hall and the shower was literally a box built into the upstairs which wasn’t ideal. I didn’t realise my bathroom and toilet would be in different places. Dated facilities; no premier inn! But then it wouldn’t be for the price of £47 per night

Breakfast nice. Staff really friendly helpful and polite! Cheapish and cheerful! Did the job! Soft bed sheets; clean and fresh.

Fab for short notice. Comfy. Good staff. Good food. Free wifi 👌

Very dirty floors, under the beds, cob webs, hairs in shower, dusty Outside was run down and a bit scary looking. Condom wrappers in car parl

Well decorated. Lovely staff. Comfy beds