Reviews of Golden Strand Hotel 3 stars

85 Shepherds Bush Road, Hammersmith and Fulham, London, W6 7LR, United Kingdom

#176 of 356 B&Bs and Inns in London

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

We stayed this hotel for two days. It's easy to go to center of London. The hotel is clean and provide fresh breakfast. They are so nice to make eggs and toast for us.

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

terrible bed, making noises when you sit and move, woke up with neck and back pain, dirty carpet like never being steam washed, tiny washroom. do not believe any picture you see. fridge is not working and smelly.

nothing, do not book any hotel on this street under same management company.

Room is quite small so best for people travelling lightly, shower needed a good scrub.

Good location, plenty of food places nearby. Free breakfast, and room is cosy, price is right for what you get.

The male staff that checked me out on 04/06 morning literally chased me out of the hotel. I checked out at 11pm and they had a mini reception i guess in the bassement and i sat there to relax as my apointment was not due untill 2:30pm. I asked the staff if it was ok to seat there as my appointment was not due untill later he agreed and an 1 hour later said I should pack my things and go becaue he wants to have a meeting in the basement. I was confused 😳. To aviod any issues i left and went to my appointment venue to wait.

The property was ok for the price. It was good value for money. The kitchen staff were very nice and lovely. The staff that checked me in 03/06 evening was also very friendly and nice.

Mold in bathroom and in the fridge , Dust everywhere, everything is super old , terrible shower cabin and very durty carpet.No receprition ,we came late and had to sleep till 7 am in the corridor

Location was okay

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

Single bed in the room. Mattress needs replacing.

Breakfast was plentiful and nice👍 My single bed mattress was old and uncomfortable, but okay I suppose for one nights stay.

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

Nothing too much. Being very picky it was a bit dusty. Nothing to concern about!

Excellent staff customer service. Much better than a previous hotel I stayed at, cheaper but higher quality! Felt very welcome. Will definitely stay here before! Another positive, in our room we had a microwave and hob etc. (not sure if it’s in every room). We thought we were just getting cereal and juice for breakfast but they asked if we wanted scramble eggs so we were very surprised of the great service.

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

The busy street where the hotel was located......quite noisy!

Breakfast gave a good selection of options....offering freshly cooked eggs an unexpected bonus...

• Family Room

The bed mattresses were uncomfortable and very creaky. A reception person was supposed to up at 9am so we had someone to leave our bags with, 9.30am no one about, staff having no idea where they were. Bags ended up being left in a hallway, not very secure, safe or appropriate place.

The staff were friendly. Bags were still in exactly the same place as I left them.

The bathroom did not have any running water the morning of our check out. We had it for about 10 minutes to brush our teeth then it stopped working. Couldn't even shower. Definitely glad we switched hotels that morning.

The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good.

The room was small and bathroom was tiny - found it was awkward sitting on the toilet as the sink was so close to it (would be no good for any plus size people!) The bed was the worse we have ever slept in. It felt like it was broken in the middle as both my husband and I literally folded in the middle! So we didn't get alot of sleep as it was sooo uncomfortable! Breakfast was continental which we thought it was a Full English one.

Room was clean. Location was great for getting to the underground and local shops (not too far to walk about 10 mins) Staff was friendly and helpful answering my questions. Neighborhood was quiet and hotel had quiet guests so we weren't disturbed. Shower was nice and hot and towels/shampoo & body wash was provided. Also hairdryer was available too.

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

No shutters at windows so l had tendancy To wake up with the Sun, that is To stay early

Beds were very confortable, the staff was truly Nice and Very helpful. This hotel is simple , warm and Well located, de enjoyed our stay

I stayed 3 nights out of that 2 days my bathroom light was not working so very dark no window or ceiling or above sink not working. The shower water cold very very slow running water. The light on ceiling in bedroom had 3 bulbs 2 of which were flickering and not coming on completely so very dark in the room.

Tiny room and shower really poor.

Location excellent my needs.quite dated and shabby but clean and good value for price. Breakfast very good and staff bet helpful.

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

It may be a temporary thing, but there was no fixed reception facility, so if arriving very late I'm not sure how you would have checked in and got room key. Nescafe sachets at breakfast instead of proper coffee - otherwise very nice.

Staff very polite, helpful and friendly. Very clean and excellent facilities for the price. Super room and a nice breakfast. Great location near shops, restaurants, etc.

• Family Room

Mattress a bit sunken. Curtains wouldn't meet had to use hair grips to fasten them shut. WiFi didn't seem to be working.

The room was very clean. Staff helpful and breakfast good.

• Family Room

The fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. The hotel has no manned reception in the night and nobody responded on our phone calls. As guests we had to resolve the problem and reset the alarm, assuming it was just someone smoking in the room 😨

It is clean, breakfast is basic but find

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

Hotel is generally quite sound, in meaning of screeching floors and beds. Mattresses could be more comfortable.

Hammersmith is traditional English quart! Location is good, not so far from city centre; 20 minutes travelling with Underground (Picadilly Circus e.g.). Breakfast is fine, coffee in rooms for free. Stuff is excellent and they ensure clean towels every morning.

Top floor, basically attic conversion, cramped up for space, no window, struggle to get to the room with heavy luggage as no lift. Water supply was intermittent and shower was interrupted by long pause of No Water! Located on a busy road, traffic & ambulance noise frequently disturb sleep Bed made of metal springs so creaky & noisy which woke me up at late night

Nothing specific, it was average budget hotel stuff

It’s not a complaint as for what the hotel charges what do you expect? But you need to be aware that the double bed only had access from one side, the ensuite was so small we couldn’t sit straight on the loo and the front door didn’t lock and there is no front desk or security. But as I say, at the price they charge I can’t really complain.

This is about as cheap a way as you can find to stay in London and on that basis it’s great. Room was clean, staff friendly and booking process efficient

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

Beds are too noise when you move everyone heard you. The room is small, you have to pay to access the room before at 3 pm. They can help you with your luggage at least you pay

The double room is very small and if you have large luggage, carrying up and down the stairs can be a hassle.

Clean room and good location, very close to Hammersmith station.

the room was tiny, it was quite noisy at night because of the car passing by. The fan wasn't working. Also the wifi was down on my second night and the other morning but no one can help.

the room and the bathroom were clean

A couple of the other guests were a bit noisy and the walls are a bit thin. Not much the hotel can do about that. The bed was metal framed and extremely noisy. The shower took forever to get the slightest bit of hot water in the morning.

It was cheap and as I expected. The location was good for the olympia.

No reception, no one answering phone or whatsapp, waiting for anyone with the keys for an hour. No coulance, which is so easy. Hot (spring). Very basic.

Central location, clean, fridge, tv, wifi

The hairdryer didn't work, the room was stuffy and the walls very thin. I was there 4 nights and every night people in other rooms were slamming doors so it was difficult to get a good nights sleep.

The bed was reasonably comfortable to which I am starting to think is a bonus at any of the reasonably priced hotels!

• Family Room

Small room, very thin pillows (despite asking for more twice, they only gave us one).

Location and possibility to leave the bags in the hotel after checking out.

No reception,only a staff in the breakfast room and no sign of indication on the Ground floor of where to go luckily there was a guest and telling us to go downstair then can find the hotel staff.Maybe could have send an email to update the checkin procedure to the guest before hand...

The continental breakfast was nothing the croissant was off the shelf type,eggs and toast.The bed was flat and pillows too was totally flat 😣 for an overnight stay ok but more then that not recommended.

Nothing... When we arrive we had be greeted by a gentleman who made us carry our own bags to the check in desk which was down a flight of stairs (not ideal for two women) After checking in no information was given to us apart from which rooms we were staying in. We had to ask for WiFi, if we could get in and out of the hotel easily, check out times etc... We were then left to carry our bags to the top floor of the hotel... The rooms. Well what can we say apart from you pay for what you get (literally) the showers in both rooms didn’t work, no shower door in my friends room, No sheets on the bed covers?? And also the mattresses felt like planks of wood. After returning back from our evening we went to our rooms to find that our friends key didn’t work.. after calling your hotel roughly 40 + times that evening we had no response there didn’t seem to be anybody around or staying at the hotel that could help?? How is that acceptable to run a hotel that you leave the guests to look after them selves?? The fire alarm then went off for roughly 20 minutes? Still no staff member around to help?? Surely you are responsible for your customers care and safety when they stay at your hotel. This is disgusting. My friends then had to stay in our room to which we then had to sleep on the floor.. or they would of been left with no where to stay? This to me is unacceptable customer care and your hotel reviews seem to reflect on this

This hotel does not have 24 hour reception and the telephone numbers were not manned overnight either. The fire alarm went off at 12.30 in the night and it was the guests who found the alarm box and switched it off ( the code was printed on it!)

Room was clean.

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

Cons: Bed was a little broken I was able to sleep but I had to be very cautious when lying down :)

Pros: Price, breakfast, localisation, cleanness, staff

The shower head in Room 35 wasn’t great and so it trickled just enough for me to get a shower under it.

I liked the fact that check in was easy and the staff member friendly. The room layout was much better than the last room I had when I stayed there, albeit on the 3rd Floor. The room was airy, the bed comfy. The very towels were great, smelling good and fluffy with generous offerings of toiletries.

When I arrived for check in, I had stand 5 minutes outside attempting to get the doorman's attention. Later I found out the reason he didn't hear the door bell or phone ringing was because he had his earphones in.

No fabrication on room facilities

Shower didn't work properly, hair dryer didn't work in room, room was very small Wasn't much choice for breakfast and the lady made people before us even though we had ordered

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

Bigger curtains would block light out Rooms are cosy in size

Beds superbly comfy Staff very welcoming Lots of local amenities Fan in bedroom Plenty of heating

• Family Room

The lady who greeted us told me I wasn't booked in and gave me a different check in time ,apparently been took over I wasn't informed, bed was broken, toilet leaked from the bottom,couldn't get in without a code which was a pain to do,fridge was really noisy had to be switched off, dust and cobwebs everywhere,fan in bathroom didn't work,beds also squeaky

The location was really good

don´t forget your own Tourist-adapter for the electricity, the hotel hav no ones for loan.

good basic service, the breakfast were better than usual in UK, scrambled eggs was superb. Good location and not so traffic roads

Staff was very friendly which is already a plus. The room was nice and clean, with our own bathroom, toilet, fridge and tv. Perfect to crash after a long exhausting day in the city. The breakfast in the morning, freshly made, was super. A great start of the morning. The coffee machine though.... not good. Unless you like hot water with a color :-( Luckily there was juice and milk as well. Excellent connections by tube from both Hammersmith, of Goldhawk Road any direction of London. And many busses stopping right outside the hotels doorstep, and within the vicinity of the hotel. Plenty of shops, eateries around to get by. Do go to ThaiRice just around the corner, a less than 100 metres away. Perfect food, nice prices.

VERY cold as heating had broken down. Given a heater (which was minuscule!) that kept turning itself off so didn’t do its job but it was too cold to venture down the 5 flights of stairs to inform staff! Arrived to find a note saying ‘doorbell broken call this number’ no one answered any available numbers and WhatsApp message (as instructed to send on note) never went through. We waited outside for quite some time before staff finally answered the door to our very loud banging. Very thin duvet. No spare blankets. Hairdryer in room didn’t work. No hot water in room sink, didn’t dare try the shower as it was one of the coldest days of the year.

Great location for Shepherd’s Bush, Westfield shopping centre and close enough to the natural history museum (we walked in 40mins, could have got the tube in 20mins). Comfy enough bed. TV in room. Place to hang clothes up. Tea/coffee in room. Breakfast available, very basic. Morning staff were very friendly and helpful.

Locked out of the property at 1am because code didn’t work or lock on the door was broke, had to call maintenance myself for way of getting all 8 people locked out in. Bed very uncomfortable. Lights in room didn’t work apart from the side light.

Decent location in Hammersmith. Check in very quick.

Wall sound insulation is very bad , daily I wake up earlier by two hours due to the steps of my neighbor upstairs

The breakfast need to be modified need more varieties , bed is normal

The receptionist called Adam. He was very rude and knocked on our room door while their system was not working properly to demand cash!!! During the same night there were people knocking the entrance the whole night as their cards did not work and there were no one to open the door for them to let them in, despite the fact that they advertise the place as having reception 24/7. A couple of days later we had a problem with our card and he was there, we gave him the card and instead of opening our room with his pass partout card he left us on the corridor and continue serfing at the internet in his computer!!!!! I had to ask him! He has no idea about customer service in a hotel environment He should better become a policeman. A couple of days later we had a problem with my card and I sent them an email that I contacted the bank and awaiting a reply and again he knocked our door demading payment again on the spot. He destroys the good image of this hotel. The rest of the people working there are really nice.

the hotel is nice and clean. The heating is on all the time

Breakfast could be a little more adventurous (e.g. multigrain toast and maybe a non-lactose option for cereal for those who cannot digest it so well).

Staff is great and very helpful. It's absolutely fine for the price. Rooms are clean. Amenities are nothing special but again fine for what you pay for. This place is good value for money.

Only one pillow on the bed, two would have been much more comfortable. Only one mug in the room so I had to rinse out a used coffee mug for a drink of water. The continental breakfast advertised turned out to only be cornflakes, toast or eggs.

Can’t complain for £26 a night

One of the receptionists Adam was really rude demanding us to pay cash while their online system did not work properly Again when our card did not work he left us waiting instead of using his passparttout key to allow us access into our room. We had to ask him !!!! He knows nothing about customer serving They should better replace him with some who can behave properly!

The room was warm and the heating was always on The

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

The door was locked when we arrived and it took us a long time knocking, ringing the doorbell, and even repeatedly phoning before anyone came to let us in. Had it not been for that, we would have had no complaints at all.

Excellent value for money, friendly staff, clean and functional. Not luxurious by any means, but in this price range we weren't expecting that.

I couldnt check in, the phone numbers on the door were not being answered and nobody answered the front door. It took more than 20 minutes to get into the building to find the receptionist sat in the basement...... useful!

They need humidifiers inside the rooms as the air becomes very dry especially in the smaller rooms

the cleanliness and the heating was just right despite the fact that it was very cold outside the bathroom size.

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

Adam was a nightmare as he did not know his job. During the night we had people banging violently at the front door because there was no 24h reception to let them in ! We had a sleepless night because of that . The rest of the personnel were very nice.

The size of the room and the decoration the cleanliness

The only negative remark could be : the absence of lift to reach the 5th floor with our heavy luggage. Apart of that, everything was superb.

My husband and me liked everything in this hotel : the cleanliness, the location, the breakfast and above all, the price. It was really superb.

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

Actually do not know about the double beds, but my single bed was unfortunately super uncomfortable, the springs were really tangible.

The room was good-looking (specially the wallpaper :D) and this is so kind of them to make a breakfast to guests in the morning! :) Good to grab some scrambled eggs and yogurt before starting a day - thank you staff! :)

I asked for a quiet room when i booked. When i checked in, i double checked with the office that he was giving me a quiet room and he said it was quiet. There was non stop noise from the road and i did not sleep well at all; woke up at least a dozen times. There was also noise from people opening and closing doors in the public areas. This was Room 31 on the first floor.

The breakfast staff were nice and hospitable. The shower was powerful and hot.

There was a not very pleasant smell in the room. This is typical problem for these small hotels. They need to use a steamer to clean the curtains and other fabrics in the room that do not wash regularly.The steamer can also clean the air. Breakfast was also very plain with bad quality coffee. This is another problem with these small hotels.They should have focusing providing a better breakfast as a marketing tool.

The staff were very polite and they changed our room so would not have to use stairs while carrying heavy luggage. We had a larger size room.Very comfortable.

The bed was rather uncomfortable and I didn't sleep very well. Also, the little window in my bathroom didn't close properly and let a lot of cold in. Luckily I managed to close it by jamming a coathanger into the handle.

The room was very clean and the breakfast was nice. The personnel were also rather friendly.

Rather annoying check-in procedure. Confirmed was hotel in building 65, had to walk to 101 only to be told that I will get my key card at building 47(!). Although hotel claims to have 24 hour reception, nobody was present for our early check-out at 6 am (which I had announced).

Simple but clean room in "The Royal London Hotel" in building 43 which belongs to the Saba chain. Bed and window were rather small but sufficient. We were actually glad that our room didn't have a fridge because they tend to be noisy. All in all, best price and value I can imagine for this location (Shepherd's Bush Road, ideal for visiting shows at the O2).

Check-in was confusing. I had booked at one hotel, but had to go to the main reception at another hotel, then my room was in yet another hotel further up the road. When in the hallway I could hear lots of noise from the room next to mine and I worried about being able to sleep. (As with most London hotels, if you're a light sleeper always bring ear plugs.) I turned on the fan in the room and that drowned out the noise just fine.

The location is great -- only ten minutes' walk from Hammersmith and twelve from Kensington Olympia. The room was clean and looked to be recently refurbished. The bed was really comfortable. There were tea and coffee facilities and even a mini fridge in the room.

Hot water was a little unreliable. Could do with better lighting in the bathroom for shaving!

Superb freshly-cooked scrambled eggs for breakfast. Small room but great value for money. Good choice if you'll be out during the day and only need somewhere to come back and sleep.

The sheet on the bed, there should be another sheet on the foam type sheet. More pillows, too flat, no hand towels/napkins in the room, since the rooms are so small, please put deodorizers in the toilet area. The foot towel in the bath should be changed daily just as the bath towels, especially when they are stained, very easy to recognize when they wasn't changed. Bath towels should not be used by the cleaners to wipe the floor by doing a dance on the towels. It's not hygienic. However the staff generally is accommodating and some are understandably nice. I think the hotel needs some minor/major repairs. Especially the bathroom where the flooring is separating from the wall, causing water to seep through the walls, this could become very dangerous.

I like the bath and toilet area clean, the size of the fridge, the decor on the wall.

We knew that there was no lift but if that is a problem to you request a lower floor as it,s a long way to the top of the building.

Great location for our concert at the Apollo.Excellent transport links for sightseeing.The two young men on reception were lovely-so polite,friendly and helpful.Breakfast was good.Rooms were exceptionally clean,freshly decorated and well maintained.We will definitely stay again.

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

We booked up for this hotel as it looked great. On going to the hotel, there was a sign in the window to check into reception a 5 min walk away down the road. This reception is in a hotel called Saba, the owner has a lot of properties in this Rd. So ended up having a room in the Saba instead, so be aware of that when you book. A lot of things wrong with our room from Thursday until Monday. Smelly fridge, hard beds, poor wifi (room was at the very top of building..room 46). Bathroom fan not working, shower tray blocked..took over an hour for 3 of us to shower, missed breakfast because of it. Told person on reception and didn't offer anything for us to eat. Shower was really smelly, had to buy bleach in the end to tip down the plug hole, because we was told there's no maintenance on at the weekend and there was no bleach in the building. We was told we could move rooms in the morning, but we would have had to put up the smell of it all night...unacceptable. Also, the fella that I told on the Friday Saturday night about, seemed to think it was funny. There was no plug in sink, even though we was told one would be fitted, the room was on a slant...cupboard draws kept flinging out and our items on top kept falling off. Had to ask twice for towels, no fun walking up and down 50 stairs for this. Black bits in the kettle from the element, had to try and wash it out...didn't bother drinking hot drinks after that. Water trickled to basically nothing on a few occasions, probably because others was using it...but it's unacceptable. There were 3 different people on reception throughout our stay, 2 of them were very helpful and got our problems sorted...but those problems shouldn't have been there in the first place. We're not fussy travellers, I've stayed in a lot of basic places. That's all we ask for is a basic stay with full working clean amenities.

Breakfast was ok and the waitress was lovely. Location of hotel was good too.

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

The room was extremely hot even though it wasn't that hot outside. The wifi wasn't reliable and kept being unavailable.

Clean and good location. Free breakfast was also helpful although very basic.

Hard to find reception. Tiny room. No hair drier. Noisy at least in a room with window to a street.

Easy to get to from anywhere. Good price in comparison to other hotels. Clean.

There is nothing I personally did not like but hotel not suitable for people in wheelchairs or mobile disabilities as no lifts.

If you are attending a show at the Hammersmith Apollo then this hotel is perfect as it is literally a 10-15 min walk away. Between hotel and theatre there are a range of restaurants including a weather spoons which was £7 for a meal and pint! There are also 2 tube stations. Breakfast was okay we were given unlimited continental along with eggs and beans (little strange as didn't come with any meat). Juice cartons on table were a little warm but that wasn't a massive issue.

There was nobody to receive.Needed walk around to another premises to get the key. Shower connecting tube was horribly leaking.Could not take a shower. Shaving light in bathroom was not working.Window did not close and lock properly. It appears they have 7 properties but nobody seems to be inspecting the properties to check if everything is working.

The only likeable point was the location of the hotel.

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

The view - the room looked straight into another room

Had a great room for 3 mates sharing. The fan in the room was great on such a warm day. Lots of beer space in the fridge. Nice breakfast

• Family Room

The breakfast itself was ok/good but the room was a bit small and at times a bit crowded.

We liked our room, the staff at reception, the drink making facilties in the room and the LOCATION!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

a little noisy as on a main road not nessersarily your fault as busy night!!

really lovely welcome very accomodating. room was more than what we expected

• Family Room

Arrived at hotel and had to ring telephone number to go along to Saba hotel to collect keys. Get there and waiting at a desk for two staff to take 10 minutes to sort out a room. There was obviously a problem with the booking by no one explained that. I ended up having a ground floor room at the Saba (not the hotel I booked). Too tired and had two kids with me (13 and 8) so just had to accept it as I knew I'd not get anything else on a bank holiday weekend.

Room was in one of the other Saba group hotel house a couple of houses down the road, would have preferred to know that in advance. One morning we only had cold water to shower, mentioned it and were told to wait and shower later.

Stay was ok. Clean, quiet. Close enough to subway lines that connect to everywhere in the city. Simple breakfast with fresh scrambled eggs.

Room a bit small but very clean.

Hotel is located near tube station. Despite some reviews about noise from fire brigade (located down road) We had a good night sleep. Room has a small fridge (always helpful) Friendly staff, breakfast was good for the price I paid. Definitely we get what we paid for. Will use this hotel in the future.

The only slightly negative experience was that we went downstairs to have breakfast at 8:20. There was a handwritten note on the door (and also on the little pieces of paper we had at the reception with the breakfast time and Wi-Fi password) that in Saturday and Sunday (which was our case), the breakfast is from 8:00, not 7:30 as in workdays. But the doors of the dining room were locked and no one answered the knock for five minutes. Suddenly a grumpy girl opened the door, shouted that they need two more minutes and slammed the door back in our faces. We found out the hour is changed to 8:30 the hard way. Credit given, the girl wasn't grumpy during the breakfast ;) Another thing is that the bathroom in one of the rooms was very tiny, so biggger people should ask about that beforehand. :)

The staff at the reception was very polite and helpful. The room and the bathroom were clean, the bed was comfortable and straightened up every day, the towels were replaced every day. The breakfast was plain but satiable enough - scrambled eggs with bread, milk and fruit yougurt, cornflakes, croissants and jam. The location is between two subway stations, 10-15 mins walk both and servicing different lines. There is also a bus stop in front of the property with 4 bus lines, but I never used it, because walking was most of the times faster. Finally, there is huge Tesco market less than 200 meters from the hotel, as well as several small shops on the street.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

Genius get 2hrs early check in not at this hotel they don't bother to reply to your email .....be very careful when booking although free cancellation they craftley take all the money up front ....breakfast room not big enough ...little English from kitchen staff ....front of house don't no his name but rude and very obnoxious ...also very dangerous step into breakfast room a lady fell while was their she looked in pain .....

Family room

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Last year I stayed in the Golden Strand, same Saba group though the building/services are much nicer in the main building than where I stayed up the street with no reception -this doesn't feel safe, only instant coffee for breakfast in the basement. My room was not available when I arrived though I had advised in advance that I needed it earlier that the usual check-in. Only one towel is provided which is not sufficient, as a minimum a hand towel is necessary. And two bath towels per person to shower and wash one's hair.

Many of the people working there were very nice, courteous and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

great, big, clean rooms with mini kitchen, dishes, toaster, microwave oven, fridge, washing machine and proper kids bed, not fold-up. The room was cleaned every day, including the dishes, changed towels...just perfect. Also the breakfast was great, all you need for a good start of the day.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Triple Room with One Double and One Single Bed

Booked at the golden strand and was given a room in another hotel a couple of houses down. The room needed TLC. Crammed a double and single bed into a small room, no small light and the door was off the wardrobe. The shower and sink did not drain so this caused concern. Just a bit more love and attention and it would have made a difference

Staff were helpful and friendly, location good for shopping and conference centre, clean towels everyday.

Browse Golden Strand Hotel traveller photo gallery