2. UK hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel Gotham

Reviews of Hotel Gotham 5 stars

100 King Street, Manchester City Centre, Manchester, M2 4WU, United Kingdom

#5 of 100 hotels in Manchester

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 8 December 2018

Fabulous Hotel and Location

Little hiccup re. check in. We had requested with Hotel each of my group of friends paid individually when we arrived which was agreed we could do and our request noted on booking. However the evening before and prior to arrival the full amount of both rooms was taken from my card. Reception staff did refund eventually after much debate at check in and offered the Bentley to take us to our Restaurant that evening along with a drink on the hotel as way of easing inconvenience caused. This went some way of accepting their mistake albeit I was then £800 out of pocket for 2 days. Overall experience and convenience of location was excellent and would return.

Staff in Restaurant, Bar and Concierge excellent. Great Location. Fabulous setting and furnishings.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2018

How much of a different amazing hotel experience this was.

How much of a different amazing hotel experience this was....all the staff were amazing and really went out of there way to make a fuss of my husband for his 40th birthday, even going as far as to treat ya to a complimentary upgrade which was fantastic! Can not wait to stay again!!!

• Reviewed: 7 December 2018

The attention to detail was outstanding.

Slightly noisy until late evening and again from early morning. However, that should be expected in such a prime location in a major city.

The attention to detail was outstanding.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

Everything from arrival with valet parking and concierge...

This is hard what's not to like this place was amazing from start to finish I supose if I had to try and pick anything it could be that we could not get in the restaurant for dinner as they had fully booked but then again that's something that only shows how amazing the food here is so I still see that as a posative.

Everything from arrival with valet parking and concierge service to delightful staff willing to walk you to or from a close by restaurant or bar with an umbrella to the fantastic food and drink and the hotel irs self was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

It was the perfect evening and was a nice relaxing break in what was an otherwise hectic trip to MCR

The hotel was perfect, from the initial greet & the check in process. The Hotel Gotham exceeded my expectations, even for somewhere that I’d wanted to stay in for a long while. Wish I’d put an umbrella in the swag bag though.

comfortable bed.

service at the bar on the 6th floor was slow (we waited for 15 mins and weren't even acknowledged)

comfortable bed. quiet room. valet parking. excellent concierge service.

Lovely surroundings

The payment process and waiting to long for breakfast. I paid for the accommodation as a 50th birthday present, and when calling to pay upfront i had so many obstacles

The room was lovely and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

great stay and will defintly consider staying again

lifts are a bit slow,

we got there later than expected and got an upgraded room, also the restaurant is on the upper floors so you can look out over the city. The whole theme is brilliant with great attention to detail !

• Reviewed: 1 December 2018

Style over substance.

This is not a luxury hotel, It’s a Travelodge with nice carpet. Litter in room, weak staff, extremely poor breakfast. There is also absolutely no sense of space. I have no complaints about room size, it is what it is but everything in the hotel Is very tight. All round poor experience.

Well located.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2018

Lovely

Small mirror in our room came off the wall - it hadn’t been fitted on correctly. 10% service charge on drinks from the bar seemed a little excessive as 2 G&T’s were £28 to start with!

Cheerful staff - in particular the concierge who couldn’t have been more helpful and welcoming!

• Reviewed: 30 November 2018

Short but sweet stay

Difficult to fault this hotel. Only disappointment is that we spent quite a lot of time in the room and the lack of surface space was tricky so if you want room surface then you may end up eating on your lap or at the dresser. I also pre ordered room service at a specific time and they were 30 minutes late, hadn't separated out the vegetarian meal (which I'd asked for) and then forgot the celebratory Champagne twice. They did them give the champagne free but it was disappointing and meant we only had 10 minutes to eat before we had to leave the room.

Gorgeous room and staff fantastic most of the time. Restaurant and bar were lovely and the amenities in suite were beautiful.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2018

Small rooms totally overpriced
    • Deluxe Room

The room was tiny & we paid nearly £800 for 2nights they charged a further £200 after we paid in full as a deposit on arrival. Far to small & total rip off

The door staff were very good

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

great weekend away

i came with my girlfriend for one night and soon as we arrived the staff and experience of the hotel was amazing. The hotel upgraded us top the lamar suite 113 which was out of this world.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

Nice room but overpriced

“Everything but Everything “ seemed to have a price in our room eg: large heavy throw rug, bath robe, umbrella, I think if they could have ,even the light bulbs would have carried a price. There was out of date food for sale in our room,by over a month, no date on chocolate they were selling as it looked like they had put their own label on the chocolate bar. A nice idea but they should still add a date as of course they were selling it. The sink plug wouldn’t drain the water , but as I had mentioned the out of date food and it was not changed I didn’t bother to mention the sink. At breakfast we were asked to sit in a doorway where everyone walks past to get breakfast etc. Had it been busy we would have sat there but there were so many tables available so I asked if we could sit at another. We were then asked to sit in yet another doorway, it was really unbelievable. I said again could we not sit in a doorway and was then told to wait. We did and nothing happened, fortunately the waiter in the area we were waiting came to help us and then not surprisingly tried to seat us in the doorway again. We asked could we not sit at the table next to it , which in the end was what we did. This is meant to be a 5 star hotel and such a big thing was made out of nothing. The reason given about the tables was they were not ready but to be honest I could see no difference in most of the tables and even so they could surly be added to to bring them up to scratch. The whole dining experience was unfortunately not good , after toast nothing happened, we even had to ask if we could order our breakfast. There were so many more things but it was just such a disappointment.

Great shower, comfortable bed , nice size room.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2018

Great Hotel, wonderful service and quirky features.
    • Deluxe Room

Air conditioning in our room wasn't working. Staff were super helpful in trying to reset it but still wasn't working. Could have got moved to a new room but we just lived with it. Room was quite warm though as it was one of the Inner Sanctum suites which don't have any windows.

I took my wife for a night away (we only live in Stockport) as we were going out for a meal. The hotel is quirky and there are nice little touches to everything. Upon entering our room we were greeted to a full wall of black and white movies setting the 1930s style to the whole hotel. Nice little touches such as the do not disturb hanger being a bag of money. TV and sound system in the room were great. Bathroom was lovely, shower was strong enough to take your skin off and plenty of hot water.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2018

A great hotel, interesting concept playing on the 1920's / 30's - iconic building, amazing location

There was a confusion over the booking which resulted in our lie in on Saturday being disturbed by two separate cleaners entering the room early whilst we were still in bed + wake up call.

A beautiful hotel, great location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 18 November 2018

Incredible! Can’t wait to come back!

The staff were amazing, so friendly, polite and willing to help. The room was luxurious, the decor blew me away and there are so many small details from the Gotham newspaper to all the goodies you can purchase from the wardrobe! Coming back to find our curtains shut, cookies by our bed and classic FM playing was a lovely touch!

• Reviewed: 17 November 2018

Good but not perfect as expected

The bathroom door had been damaged and patched up poorly, this affected my experience as I wanted it to be perfect for my partners birthday

I liked the experience and the staff were helpful

• Reviewed: 15 November 2018

Great Hotel, the roof bar is the icing on the cake

The most amazing hotel from the design and the detail, all the staff were so friendly and couldn't do more to make our stay as good as possible. Thank you to all, was a great weekend made better by staying at the Gotham.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

It was very realistic and true to Gotham style.

The only small problem is parking around the property, however, there is a concierge service that is a bit extra but well worth the price!

It was very realistic and true to Gotham style. The rooms were amazing and the staff were brilliant and very attentive to your every need. It’s within walking distance to many restaurants as well as the markets and the Arndale centre. However, if you need to go anywhere else there’s taxis right outside!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2018

Terrible. Could not use the facilities. I would never stay here again and I would never recommend th

No space in the restaurant for dinner for one person even though all tables were not. Bar not open to residents on a Saturday evening. They had a members event!!! No warning of this when I booked. So nowhere to relax apart from your room. For the price paid that is unacceptable. If all I wanted was a clean room I could have stayed at a Premier inn. When Totally shocking. When I enquirer about the bar the duty manager was rude and suggested that I did not need to stay at the hotel agin if I did not like it!!!

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

Bed was really comfy fab pillows.

Everything was lovely

Bed was really comfy fab pillows. Room was very cosy bathroom fabulous. Staff were all exceptional. Only an overnighter for a wine tasting but will be back to have drinks in the bar and a meal.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

Worth every penny.

Can’t think of anything.

The room was gorgeous , very spacious and accommodating. The Honey Bar was quite something including the view over looking the city . The barman was very accommodating too , helped take a picture of me and girlfriend Overall a very enjoyable experience would definitely go again.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

Cold room, great location. could and should do better

the room was cold. I complained and a fan heater was provided. Not really what you expect in this category of hotel. I asked for an early check out and the response was no: it's 11am. There seemed to be no communication amongst the staff about guest experiences...

Location of hotel

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

The place and staff were fantastic, it exceeded my...
    • Deluxe Room

The place and staff were fantastic, it exceeded my expectations, from the moment me and my mum got there to the moment we left everything was perfect. Everyone working there should be proud of themselves and proud to work there!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

The stay was treated as an experience not just accommodation.

The stay was treated as an experience not just accommodation. Staff and facilities were excellent. Staff went the extra mile at every occasion possible.

The hotel was amazing!

We were charged double for the drinks we had at the bar because it was during dinner service, however we only knew this once we paid the next morning.

The hotel was amazing! We booked a standard room for one night, but when we got there they upgraded us to one of their suites! Felt very luxurious.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Great quirky hotel let down very badly by an extremely poor meal and experience in the Restaurant.

Very disappointing experience in the restaurant. Sunday evening - only 6 diners - but still major elements of the meats on the menu were unavailable, Never been to a restaurant before where we have been offered sliced white bread (single slice) at the start. Staff didn't seem to know what was going on! Meals arrived after 40 mins - meat was cold and fish was over cooked and 'hard'. To be honest - it was dreadful - we cancelled breakfast immediately! Also, be careful in the bar - drinks are expensive (as you'd expect) but they then added 10% to every transaction as a service charge!

Very quirky hotel. Location very good. Helpful reception staff.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

For this price range we have high expectation and the hotel failed to deliver.

Overall our whole stay is ruined by the awful cleaning and terribly designed curtains which cannot be fully drawn and allows sunlight to go through the windows.

The location of the hotel is quite convenient. The bedroom is spacious. Generally, the staffs are nice.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

As soon as we arrived we were greeted by incredibly friendly...

Not having a full length mirror in the room. The lighting in the room wasn’t the best.

As soon as we arrived we were greeted by incredibly friendly, efficient staff who were more than happy to help! Such a fantastic hotel and I can’t wait to go back!

Luxurious

Windows didn’t open in our room and a pillows too soft for me.

Location was fantastic. I loved the Art Deco feel, extremely luxurious quirky and Fab in every way.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

Superb on every level.

Great location, fantastic staff and the bar was amazing. Went for my partner's 50th and they had upgraded us which was lovely. Could not fault anything at all.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

Bed was super comfortable and the room was clean.

Serious lack of bathroom toiletries. When returning to the hotel we were surprised the residents bar was closed, I would have expected the bar to open to residents as this hotel is listed a 5 star.

Bed was super comfortable and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

Excellent from start to finish.

We waited an hour between starter and mains at the restaurant. BUT: the staff rectified this issue very quickly once it was identified, apologized and offered free desserts & coffee. How well the situation was handled has made me more, rather than less, likely to return for dinner again.

The entire experience was excellent. Staff were fantastic, from the receptionist to the bell boy and restaurant/bar staff. Our waiter on Saturday night (Rohan I think) was particularly pleasant. The quality of the hotel itself is excellent, from the quality of the decor down to tiny details like the books in rooms themselves. I'd also highly recommend eating at Honey during your stay - some of the best food i've had in Manchester in recent memory.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

The building, the room the staff all brilliant.

Could not stay longer!!!

The building, the room the staff all brilliant. Phoned them from a pub before a gig and they had no problem with a late check in!!! Will stop again!!!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Room 411, got back to room late and put heating on and to sleep but didn’t work at all. Breakfast service was very disorganised, parts of breakfast cold.

Great location. Fantastic shower. Comfy bed. Still my favourite hotel!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2018

Overall, a wonderful experience.
    • Deluxe Room

Water leakage from the shower cabin. The wardrobe-cum-mini bar cabinet was a bit massive, compared to the size of the room. Slippers in the room would be nice.

The staff were all very friendly and cheerful. The decoration of the hotel is nice and modern.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Friendly staff

Sheets were stained and smelly Obviously housekeepers did not change towels nor sheets Found stains on both towels and bed sheets Breakfast fruits did not look fresh Breakfast is worthless since wasn't diversified at all

Friendly staff Nice theme Great location

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Good But Not Great

We were happy to pay more to have a great experience but for over £300 it just wasn't worth the extra money. Dinner was disappointing with limited options and medicore quality and while breakfast was better (especially with regards to the servers) nothing about it felt special. They're are other places to go in Manchester that cost less and leave you feeling more spoilt like the Great John Street Hotel. Big problems with the WiFi too, impossible to connect to with Fire Sticks or Chromecasts which in a Luxury Hotel in 2018 that doesn't have Smart TVs for Netflix ect. are an essential and ended up having to use a mobile hotspot which are all of my data allowance. Not exactly their fault per se, but at £300 a night not exactly something we should have to resort to in the first place.

The theming was cool and nothing was at all bad, but our issues were though at the price point nothing was particularly great.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

The rooms were incredibly well provisioned but just lacked...

The rooms were incredibly well provisioned but just lacked small details if you’re travelling on business - little things like a desk that was the right height to work at...!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Luxury

Couldn't stay any longer! No negatives.

An amazing experience- fantastic ambiance from the second you arrive, the staff are incredibly knowledgable and friendly, the bar balcony is unreal and the cocktails are fantastic! The room was gorgeous and the bed super comfy

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Disappointed that we were told to leave the bar area at 1pm...
    • Deluxe Room

Disappointed that we were told to leave the bar area at 1pm and wouldn't be served as the bar was closed. I would've expected that you would have night staff on for the price I'd paid for an overnight stay

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Fantastic Location

The food in restaurant wasn’t very nice and overpriced for what it was.

Fantastic location, right in the heart of Manchester. Rooms very clean and modern

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The decoration , the room size + bathroom size , comfy bed .

The dust ( little bit ) but the hotel worth the money ( pay without a second think )

The decoration , the room size + bathroom size , comfy bed . The location .

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Lovely clean and comfy room.

Lots of extra charges for things in the room which would have been nice as little extras. Not as highly decorated in theme as expected, especially the bar area.

Lovely clean and comfy room. Massive bathroom. Very polite and helpful staff.

Great location and Cosy decor

The bar was closed for a private function which was a shame although we were informed before arrival and the curtain in our room was hanging off ... it was rectified quickly but poor oversight from the housekeeping team

Great location and Cosy decor

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Stand out hotel in Manchester for me - I will always check you out for deals whenever I visit now

Amazing hotel, quirky and beautiful, a very pleasant surprise. Nice coffee machine and fresh milk - well done. Perfect clean and luxury bathroom with a proper ceiling shower. Very good at £100 for last minute deal. Honey restaurant meal was really delicious. A great stay thanks!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Style over Substance
    • Deluxe Room

Rated a five star hotel but numerous issues, style over substance .. rooms small and dark cluttered with furniture .. my room was actually an executive room so larger than standard! poor lighting in tiny bathrooms. TV in room poorly positioned to comfortably watch. Wardrobe and minibar combo doesn’t work well as glasses housed in the door frame are an issue. Cannot walk comfortably around one side of the bed due to lack of space. Hit your legs on poorly positioned radiator. Terrible stains on sofa. Ceilings too low for rain forest shower head. No turn down service on 2nd night. Reception failed to order an early morning taxi despite being told to do so twice the day before. Too many issues at nearly 600 pounds for a two night stay!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

A Hotel with class, unique decor, very friendly people and brilliant rooms

What's not to like !! Can't criticise anything.

The Hotel was as always excellent and the service both in the bar and for breakfast high class. The Reception and door staff are very friendly and welcoming. The beds are comfy and the shower is brilliant. A great hotel with a difference

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Absolutely beautiful hotel in central Manchester with the...

Absolutely beautiful hotel in central Manchester with the most amazing views from Honey Restaurant on the top floor. The staff were really helpful, friendly and welcoming. The food at Honey was unbelievable (perfectly instagramable!) and our room was luxurious. Will definitely stay again and would definitely recommend! X

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Definitely worth many more stays!!!!
    • Suite

Nothing! Everything was absolutely perfect!

The suites are beyond gorgeous! Air-conditioned! Beautiful interior design; so well stocked. The amenities in the room were so meticulously placed that i spent a good hour just going through everything in the room and admiring them!! Oh and the staff was absolutely wonderful and extremely accommodating!!!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Fine overall, stylish building and furnishing, nice staff, slightly too expensive for the return

Did NOT like the lack of choice on the room service menu - you should really have a lot more choice. Malmaison would have a much better selection. Didn't like the price - too high for the return. I Felt like i was being encouraged to pay through the nose for everything - there's a price for everything i the room and i think more things should be complimentary. I stay in hotels all over the world e.g. Bombay, New York, Johannesburg with work so know what i like and what i don't like.

Like the beds, like the night-staff - Paul was very friendly (i got there very late) and the hotel appears to be very stylish and trendy so that's nice touch. the building itself is magnificent.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Fine

Too many staff with difficult english

Service excellent apart from breakfast where staff chatted to their fellows rather than customers and thus coffee cold and v v slow service

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The room decor was nice and the bed was good.
    • Deluxe Room

The room was smaller than we imagined. Could have kept complementary bottles of water in the room. Charged £10 for two bottle of water

The room decor was nice and the bed was good.

Everything was fantastic, a quirky hotel with very...
    • Suite

The only meal we had in the hotel was breakfast, service was slow and food when it came was a little on the cold side

Everything was fantastic, a quirky hotel with very professional staff team, loved especially the roof top bar area. Reception were kind enough to print off our boarding pass for our flight home and even hand delivered it to our room, a lovely touch.

Simply wonderful
    • Deluxe Room

Beautiful interiors, great atmosphere and lovely little details. Everything has been thought about to make your stay extra special, from the personal welcome note, fresh milk and biscuits in the bedroom to the beautiful diffusers scattered throughout the hotel which have the most amazing smell! The staff were fantastic and couldn’t do enough for us. We were given a room upgrade too which was an added extra and made the stay even better. Can’t wait to return soon!

The location, the quirky feel to it and the doorman was so...

The only thing I was disappointed with was I e mailed asking for balloons to be placed in the room for my daughters birthday and didn't get any response

The location, the quirky feel to it and the doorman was so helpful

I would stay again but just give the breakfast a miss. The rest of the stay was very very nice.

The breakfast which we paid extra for was not a very good experience. We waited quite a while and the there was a bit of a mix up as items of food had been missed off my plate. The toast we ordered did not arrive and there was no condiments on our table and we had to ask for them .

The room was very nice and staff were really friendly

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Fantastic!

Nothing - everything was great.

Probably one of the best hotels I’ve stayed at. The decor is fantastic, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the bar is fabulous!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Such an amazing place the attention to detail is simply...

Such an amazing place the attention to detail is simply stunning, the staff were friendly and attentive, Breakfast was full English and extremely enjoyable. This was our second visit, booked the executive room and we were upgraded to the inner sanctum room it absolutely blew our minds the room was breathtaking, we will definitely be returning again. Even got some souvenirs too . We’re extremely pleased and were sad to go , could quite happily stay forever.A special mention to the lovely man on the door with the amazing moustache (think his name is Hartley) exceptional service from him Thankyou Gotham for making our trip amazing

Great quirky hotel
    • Deluxe Room

Missing TV channels, which could not be sorted. Breakfast was poor, especially presentation of buffet, we arrived for breakfast at 9am, little on show, no offer toast with breakfast order, sullen staff. Roof top bar excellent apart from the staff member was very forgetful (he even said it was tough and his head felt like it was going to explode)didn't offer nibbles, I had to ask , brought wrong drink. Even though we live local Im not sure I would now become a member

Upgraded room, room excellent, quirky, fun, great shower, innovative guest directory. Night manager Paul was excellent.

Interesting but over priced.
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast was pretty shoddy for such an expensive hotel. The basic set up was promising but the buffet was sparse and the service so slow and inaccurate that we considered going elsewhere.

Quirky themed hotel. Big rooms, big beds and big bathroom.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Fantastic

Really loved the whole experience of staying in the Gotham, it was 5 star but with completely unique style, never stayed in a place like it. Would highly recommend. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The facilities are 10/10 and the views from the upstairs bar in the sunshine are outstanding.

love this hotel, favorite hotel in manchester

car valet is a bit pricey at £35

EXCELLENT HOTEL Stayed here last year, will defo stay again, love the interior, staff are very good and location is perfect for spinningfields area

Head Concierge makes this place!!

No welcome drinks but were on booking. Cleaners barged into our room in the morning... I had to go over to the door to stop them marching through it! It wasn’t even check out time!! The room wasn’t the cleanest and in looking further it really had been overlooked. Overpriced. If we’d have paid full price for the room I’d have complained as it wasn’t clean. I generally think our room wasn’t worn any more than what we paid. Staff just did what they had to. I’d read reviews of top class service so I was quite surprised. The bar had one member of staff on, drinks took ages and people were left waiting because she couldn’t keep up on her own.

Cocktails in residents bar are some of the best I’ve ever had! Head concierge. This guy is a top man!! An absolute credit to the hotel. The staff could learn a great deal from him. We entered and left with smiles on our faces thanks to him. Decor and theme is different. Has a very classy/expensive atmosphere to the hotel. We got a very good deal on the booking.

Amazing! I can’t wait to return

Nothing at all.

Absolutely everything! Hugely friendly and obliging staff, very comfy bed & pillows, fresh milk in minibar, the fantastic decor and attention to detail.

Very chic, we loved the place!

Unfortunately the breakfast was an ordeal, which is a shame as the rest of our stay was fantastic. The coffee and food seemed to take an eternity to arrive and when it did the "full English" could have sat in a sandwich happily. A coffee and a minuscule breakfast took an hour to complete and we gave up and left before the toast even arrived. I will stay at the Gotham again for sure, but I won't be having breakfast there.

We both loved the Gotham, what a stunning hotel, decorated so well to match the building and name. The whole hotel makes you feel you are in Gotham, the decor and lighting are done so well it really sets the mood of the architecture. The bar is great and the staff are very professional, well presented and friendly.

My new favourite place to stay in Manchester
    • Deluxe Room

Nothing, it was all perfect.

Very personal staff. We loved the roof top bar for pre going out drinks & then we ended the night in the club, the staff were great fun & looked after us. We didn’t wake in time for breakfast but I’m sure it would of been lovely. I usually stay at another hotel in Manchester but this is my new favourite place to stay. I cannot wait to return!

Stunning hotel and great staff

Bar maybe a little pricey but it was expected in a hotel Like this

Everything!! The little touches everywhere and the attention to detail! Beautiful Hotel

Alls i can say is this place is amazing.
    • Small Double Room

Alls i can say is this place is amazing. The theme is so well though out. The attention to detail is ridiculous. The staff are so helpful. Could not fault any part of it.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

A lovely treat for a special occasion.

Service at breakfast could have been better. Had to wait quite a long time for our order to be taken despite there only being a couple of tables in at the time. It took another guest to ask if he could order for staff to realise that no one had taken our order. But this didn’t spoil our trip, it was just something that could be improved upon.

Generally great service, complimentary room upgrade was an added bonus. Lovely hotel, great location, the perfect place for a special occasion. We had a lovely trip.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Very poor especially when I was looking forward to staying at the Gotham. Had very high expectations

When I got to the hotel. The concierge did not help with luggage and did not directed so went on the top floor and then got down and then were sent back again. The breakfast was a joke and the poorest selection of continental selection I have every seen in my life, so I just left even though I had prepaid for my breakfast. I will never stay there again

To be honest just the building.

Good, not what I would expect from a 5 Star Hotel!
    • Small Double Room

On arrival my husband and I informed the check in staff that it was our wedding anniversary and my husband birthday, but staff member just disregarded what we had said. I had emailed the hotel prior to the visit but the email reply were just what the cost would be for extras. Although dinner was exceptional the waiter was a little rude on arrival and was only engaging when picking wine to go with the meal. Breakfast was standard and nice. Overall the experience was good, not what I would expect for a 5 Star hotel and the staff were friendly enough but did not make any effort to make our stay memorable considering it was our wedding Anniversary and my husbands birthday.

The decor and the room were stunning and the bed extremely comfy! Dinner in the restaurant was exceptional and extremely tasty. Bar staff were extremely attentive and helpful.

Excellent room, love the bed! & lovely staff.

Didn’t like the outside terrace as all the tables were filthy with glasses etc.. & dirty full ash trays on them all. The coffee machine wasn’t working.

Loved the room. Liked the staff & liked that we could use the Bentley on an evening.

The hotel is beautiful, lovely little touches and attention...

Nowhere was I told (if it was it wasn't clear) that you needed the card you pre- paid on when checking in. This resulted in having to have cards refunded and having to pay again even though the room was already paid for. Some of the darker furniture neeed deep cleaning make up marks on the chair arms at the vanity mirror and dust under the glass on the table. There was also rose petals under the Curtains

The hotel is beautiful, lovely little touches and attention to detail. Gentleman the greeted us at the door was extremely friendly and knowledgeable.

Showing 1 – 75